╌>

Donald Trump Told Racist Joke Before Meeting Vietnam's Prime Minister, New Book Claims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Lee-Moran (HuffPost)

Donald Trump Told Racist Joke Before Meeting Vietnam's Prime Minister, New Book Claims
Trump asked if the visiting leader's name was like "Fook You," according to Ted Osius, the former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Donald Trump told a racist joke during an Oval Office briefing before a May 2017 meeting with then-Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam Ted Osius writes in his new book.

When Trump was told the visiting leader's name rhymed with book, Osius said the then-president asked if it was like "Fook You."

"I knew a guy named Fook You. Really. I rented him a restaurant," Trump continued, according to Osius' account. "When he picked up the phone, he answered 'Fook You.' His business went badly. People didn't like that. He lost the restaurant."

"All those present laughed dutifully," Osius wrote in "Nothing Is Impossible: America's Reconciliation With Vietnam." Salon published excerpts on Tuesday ahead of the book's release later this week.

Phuc is now the president of Vietnam.

Osius resigned as ambassador five months after the meeting, protesting a Trump White House proposal to deport more Vietnamese refugees who had lived in the United States for decades.

Trump has a long history of making sexist, racist and otherwise offensive comments.

During Trump's time in office, he described Haiti and African nations as "shithole" countries and was blamed for a spike in anti-Asian racism during the coronavirus pandemic. Trump still uses racist slurs to refer to the virus.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Fook You Donald.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago

i dont accept criticism of biden from people who support trump

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago

I too admire Trump's classy followers.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago
Maybe one day the left will concentrate on what the human fuck up machine they inserted into the WH is doing?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

"Trump still uses racist slurs to refer to the virus."

So do some posters here.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

The virus that originated in Wuhan, China....perhaps?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    3 years ago

Yeah that one. Not sure how calling it the China virus is racist that being the case but for some it's just another "but Trump" thing. 24/7/365 he lives in some people's heads.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

deleted

Thread removed for no value. [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

It is racist to refer to Co-Vid as the China Virus or Kung flu like whatshisname and his supporters do.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

It escaped from the virus lab in Wuhan, China

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

My grandfather, a Vietnam veteran, hooked up with a Viet girl a few years after the war.

He told me the story of how they met at a bar, and how he took her home that night, and how he began having PTSD flashbacks as soon as she undressed.

"Why's that?" I asked him.

"It was just like the war," he said. "I couldn't see the Vietnamese in all the bush."

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Has anyone ever seen Donald Trump laugh at something that was genuinely funny without being disparaging of some person or demographic?  The guy is a mentally ill psychopath who is devoid of a healthy sense of humor.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7  Snuffy    3 years ago

I think it's funny that people can get so worked up over what someone else said in private, as if they have never said anything wrong themselves while they thought they were in a "safe" place or surrounded by "safe" people.  Does the book say he told the joke in front of the then-Vietnamese Prime Minister?  This doesn't read as if he did,  so he said it while in a closed room where he was being prepped for the meeting.  I think people would be astounded and disgusted with what their hero's say behind closed doors.  Just about everybody has said things they shouldn't have.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @7    3 years ago

1. I don't think anyone's all "worked up" about it.

2. Trump is a piece of shit human being. 

3. Conservatives have been in denial about #2 for years and years.