╌>

Reordering reality, Psaki, Biden and the week that was

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  74 comments

Reordering reality, Psaki, Biden and the week that was
Press Secretary Jen Psaki stated that the administration has tried to answer only questions that “really matter to the public,” suggesting that for the public and for Biden, the immigration crisis is not a priority

As America descends into chaos the powers that be have decided to tell us that all is well. I suppose if one is a progressive that may be true. This week was marked by a series of devious acts in Loudoun County VA. On Tuesday, news broke about the Loudoun County Public Schools possibly covering up the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl by a male student in the girls’ bathroom.  A male student who was evidently exercising his newly minted transgender rights. Something we were told would never happen. Not only did it happen, but it happened twice and the father of one of the victims was tackled and arrested at a school board hearing and is awaiting prosecution and possible jail time.

There were the ongoing issues that have become the norm in the Biden era:

The Border Crisis:             We were treated to another week of watching thousands of migrants crossing the Rio Grande. A Haitian caravan is reportedly on the way. Even Barack Obama is concerned and he announced that the ongoing crisis on the US border is "unsustainable!"  Clueless Joe Biden is now down to 23% on border approval via Quinnipiac. ICE was ordered to stop arresting migrants at their places of employment. The left's dream of changing the demographics of America continues unabated.

The Inflation Crisis:            Former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers is worried that the Fed is losing control of inflation. On Wednesday he said: "We have a generation of central bankers who are defining themselves by their ‘wokeness. They’re defining themselves by how socially concerned they are."  Inflation is rapidly rising to 6%.

The Unemployment Crisis: 4.3 Million workers are missing from the workforce. Where did they go. Did Biden's generous relief payments have something to do with the shortage of workers?

The Supply Line Crisis:      Freight is still backed up outside of LA's ports. Recently the port went to 24/7 operations, but that may not help with a shortage of truck drivers. Companies are dealing with truck, rail and warehouse shortages. Fox News is on the scene this morning and word is nothing is moving.

The Crime Crisis:               Crime continues to run rampant in Major American cities. There is a shortage of Police Officers. Certain Prosecutors are not following the law. In Chicago, Cook County State's attorney Kim Fox declined to prosecute any of the gang members who staged a broad daylight shootout in a residential neighborhood. When the Mayor questioned the decision, Fox replied that the gangs were engaged in "consentual mutual combat."

What have we learned?

The academic world/the abstract world isn't just playing parlor games. It has arrived. CRT, which some wrote off as racism used to fight racism is right in our communities and is likely being taught to the military. The insane idea of printing money to achieve "prosperity" is also here. How about a Soros sponsored kind of critical legal theory, which says there is no connection between natural law and real law? Who would have believed this could be happening withing the US?

We also learned that there are those who like to virtue signal, even though they have no virtue. They want to relive the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. Maybe not. Maybe they simply want to divide the country along racial lines in order to achieve a desired end. Then there are the nasty, who would much rather toss a molotov cocktail at a Wendy's drive through, than discuss the news. On the bright side, we learned that we have heroines among us.

I think even democrats are starting to feel it - there shall be a reckoning!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Until next week - Keep up the good fight.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Jen Psucki really sucks at her job. Unqualified, unprepared, unfit for the job.

Continues to make Biden look bad

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

She is like a kindergarten teacher. She can say anything and it goes unqestioned.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Well done again my friend.

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    3 years ago

America In Chaos? The DOW is up twenty percent!

An accurate representation of the week that was...

original

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago
The DOW is up twenty percent! An accurate representation of the week that was...

20% this week? LMAO that ISN'T representative of anything but wishful thinking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago
20% this week?

He made that shit straight up.

For a supposedly astute investor, one would figure he would at LEAST have some concept of math.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago
n accurate representation of the week that was...

His graphs are upside down.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago

DOW is up 20% since Biden became POTUS!

A we to believe you guys are playing dumb?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    3 years ago

Nope. January 29th it was as I stated above 30K plus some change. At best you're looking at 17%

And actually, January 21, 2021 it was at 30,930.52So it's less than 17%

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    3 years ago

Good luck quibbling over how big a SUCCESS!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.1.5    3 years ago

You want success? January 20, 2017 (Trump day) it was at 19,732.40. That's a 58% jump in the four years of Trump

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    3 years ago
DOW is up over 20% since Biden became POTUS!

No.

Stop using that new progressive liberal math book and use a real one.

January 21, 2021  DJIA----31,188.38

October 14, 2021  DJIA---34,912.56

Not 20%, and what you originally claimed--based on the article, was it was up 20% for the week.

Neither of your made up numbers have been correct.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago

The same people who only a year ago told us that the Dow doesn't reflect middle class conditions.  Now all they have left is the Dow, which has been up and down like a yo-yo.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

20%%%?????

In what convoluted new math book are YOU using to figure our WTF 20% is?

Is this that new progressive liberal math or something???

Here are the real, FACTUAL numbers--not some made-up bullshit:

DJI 35,207.38 +294.82 +0.84% : DOW - MSN Money

Accurate??

Accurate???

Really?

LMMFAO!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2    3 years ago

And it's only up 5,000 since January when it was 30,603. Hardly 20%

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.1    3 years ago

Math is hard for some of us, apparently.

Any excuse to post that silly-assed meme again for the 50th time.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

Ah, the 'week that was', another in a slew of weeks where 'republicans' did no wrong ... Guiness should be contacted with this remarkable record.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago
Ah, the 'week that was', another in a slew of weeks where 'republicans' did no wrong ...

Now, if only you could quote where the article says anything of the sort..................................................................................................

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 years ago
Now, if only you could quote where the article says anything of the sort.

What is not said is louder than what is.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @3.1.1    3 years ago

Go to any of the anti Trump, anti Republican state voting bills, anti Republican anything. They are everywhere on NT. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

Unless you can dispute one thing he states you are simply trolling.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.2    3 years ago
you are simply trolling.

This

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3.1.1    3 years ago
What is not said is louder than what is.

Only in some people's fevered imaginations.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

It's that old pendulum affect. You know, 2017 through 2020 the Democrats could do no wrong. Don't ya just hate when that happens?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    3 years ago

Trust me, I found (saint) Jody Iowa's partisan 'week that was' columns to be just as inane and in the end counterproductive. You were there and you know it well. The resulting frog fight was something to behold.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.3  Hallux  replied to    3 years ago

Waiting to be kissed by Juliette's avatar.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @3.2.1    3 years ago

Ahhh the good old days.....sort of LOL

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
3.2.6  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Hallux @3.2.3    3 years ago
Waiting to be kissed by Juliette's avatar.

You can lick my avatar if you want. I use lotramin preventative foot powder to prevent Athlete's moose.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.2.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @3.2.1    3 years ago
I found (saint) Jody Iowa's partisan 'week that was' columns to be just as inane and in the end counterproductive.

Should read

I found (saint) Jody Iowa's partisan 'week that was plagiarized' columns to be just as inane and in the end counterproductive.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.8  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.5    3 years ago

What could be more fun than trolls bashing trolls ...

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.9  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.7    3 years ago

In Jody's 'defense', she did push the punctuation around.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.2.10  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @3.2.9    3 years ago

Haha .. fair point   : )

I have a question for you regarding what is happening at the US southern border and Canada .. are you guys taking any of the Haitians?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.11  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.10    3 years ago

If they speak french, Quebec will.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.2.12  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @3.2.11    3 years ago

Awww .. do Afghans speak French?  : )

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.2.11    3 years ago

Don't forget - they need to speak perfect French. Do let us know how many you are taking.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.10    3 years ago

A great question!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.2.15  Colour Me Free  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.14    3 years ago

I was just able to sit down and look up a few articles on the subject as recent as October 12th ..  as of yet there are no Haitian refugees being accepted into Canada, but that Quebec and Ottawa are being urged to take Haitian refugees .. and apparently there is a large Haitian community in Montreal.

I am kind of surprised they are not taking any at this time, Canada was quick to take in Afghan refugees .. Trudeau seems to be big into humanitarianism

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.15    3 years ago
Trudeau seems to be big into humanitarianism

In a weird way.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.17  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.12    3 years ago

Those that worked with Canadian Forces may well do so.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.18  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.13    3 years ago
they need to speak perfect French

Utter nonsense, do you have any more to further stupify our readers?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.19  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.15    3 years ago
I am kind of surprised they are not taking any at this time

I will need to talk to a close family friend who works for Immigration Canada.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.2.20  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @3.2.19    3 years ago

Ooo nice, I am interested to hear what you are able to find out.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.21  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.20    3 years ago

Till then ...

Where will Canada’s 401,000 immigrants come from in 2021?:

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.22  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @3.2.21    3 years ago

We can send you several million illegal immigrants from the US. We won't even miss them, as more are always coming, and we have a President and Democrat congress that don't care about the southern border or US immigration laws.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

The left is in charge.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.3.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    3 years ago

... and your crocodile tears have turned into a dystopian deluge. Breaks my heart almost enough to toss you a roll of paper towels.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.4  bbl-1  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

The GOP did 'no wrong' because they did nothing.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.4.1  Hallux  replied to  bbl-1 @3.4    3 years ago

That was the underlying gist of my comment.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.4.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @3.4    3 years ago

Forgetting about the 1.5 trillion dollar bipartisan infrastructure that the Senate passed already? 

Democrats hold all the power; and are going it alone. You can bitch after midterms when the Republicans hopefully resume control of the House and Senate. If follow the Democrats lead if will be the 24/7 impeach Joe Biden and his wreck his cronies show.

Point out what the Democrats are doing that is so great? Don't even try their inflation spiking porkulus reconciliation bill that has nothing to do with infrastructure, and everything to do with social engineering.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago
Press Secretary Jen Psaki stated that the administration has tried to answer only questions that “really matter to the public,”

When did Peppermint Patty answer the questions that rally matter to the public?  Time to "Circle bank" and provide the answers.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5  Colour Me Free    3 years ago
How about a Soros sponsored kind of critical legal theory, which says there is no connection between natural law and real law? Who would have believed this could be happening withing the US?

I had to look this up for a legal definition and found this, thought it was worth sharing..

Critical Legal Theory

Overview

Critical legal studies (CLS) is a theory which states that the law is necessarily intertwined with social issues,  particularly stating that the law has inherent social biases . Proponents of CLS believe that the law supports the interests of those who create the law. As such, CLS states that the law supports a power dynamic which favors the historically privileged and disadvantages the historically underprivileged. CLS finds that the wealthy and the powerful use the law as an instrument for oppression in order to maintain their place in hierarchy. Many in the CLS movement want to overturn the hierarchical structures of modern society and they focus on the law as a tool in achieving this goal. S

History

CLS was officially started in 1977 at the conference at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but its roots extend earlier to when many of its founding members participated in social activism surrounding the Civil Rights movement and the Vietnam War. The founders of CLS borrowed from non-legal fields such as social theory, political philosophy, economics, and literary theory. Among noted CLS theorists are Roberto Mangabeira Unger, Robert W. Gordon, and Duncan Kennedy. 

Influences

Although CLS has been largely contained within the United States, it was influenced to a great extent by European philosophers, such as Karl Marx, Max Weber, Max Horkheimer, Antonio Gramsci, and Michel Foucault. CLS has borrowed heavily from   Legal Realism , the school of legal thought that flourished in the 1920s and 1930s. Like CLS scholars, legal realists rebelled against accepted legal theories of the day and urged the legal field to pay more attention to the social context of the law.

Subgroups

CLS includes several subgroups with fundamentally different, even contradictory, views.  Feminist legal theory  examines the role of gender in the law.  Critical race theory (CRT)  examines the role of race in the law.  Postmodernism  is a critique of the law influenced by developments in literary theory, and it emphasizes political economy and the economic context of legal decisions and issues.

Critical Legal Theory | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @5    3 years ago
I had to look this up for a legal definition and found this, thought it was worth sharing..

You get the prize today. I already had the seat at the head of the class reserved for you.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    3 years ago

Haha .. thanks Vic!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.1.1    3 years ago

You had a big week. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    3 years ago
Critical legal studies (CLS) is a theory which states that the law is necessarily intertwined with social issues,  particularly stating that the law has inherent social biases . Proponents of CLS believe that the law supports the interests of those who create the law. As such, CLS states that the law supports a power dynamic which favors the historically privileged and disadvantages the historically underprivileged. CLS finds that the wealthy and the powerful use the law as an instrument for oppression in order to maintain their place in hierarchy.

I'm curious. What part of that do you think is not true? Have the poor and underprivileged ever had a hand in creating law? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.3    3 years ago
What part of that do you think is not true? Have the poor and underprivileged ever had a hand in creating law?

What a strage idea, that class groups create law. I wonder where you got it?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    3 years ago

Perhaps from history Vic.

You know, from the 'Founding Fathers', all professionals, either businessmen, physicians, lawyers, writers or politicians who didn't include the un-landed and female citizens in their codification of suffrage. 

It's pretty clear that with the cost of running for office today, the poor and underprivileged still don't have much to say about the making of law. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.1.5    3 years ago

In other words you want to re-write the Constitution?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.6    3 years ago
In other words you want to re-write the Constitution?

Don't even try to put words in my mouth Vic. 

NOTHING in my comment could have lead you to that ridiculous conclusion. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.1.7    3 years ago

It may be a few years before people on the left actually say it.

As far as I'm concerned there is only one reason anyone would defame the writers of that document.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.8    3 years ago
It may be a few years before people on the left actually say it.

I'm on the 'left' and I ALREADY said it Vic. You tried to put false words in my mouth. STOP. 

As far as I'm concerned there is only one reason anyone would defame the writers of that document.

I have no concern for your concerns Vic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.1.9    3 years ago
I'm on the 'left'

Yes, I know.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2  Dulay  replied to  Colour Me Free @5    3 years ago

I guess that Cornell Edu somehow missed the Soros connection. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago
How about a Soros sponsored kind of critical legal theory, which says there is no connection between natural law and real law? Who would have believed this could be happening withing the US?

I read this, it did not make sense to me so I sought out a legal definition of Critical Legal Theory ..  interestingly enough, I did not attempt to make a connection .. Ooops my bad!

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.2.1    3 years ago

Since there is no connection between Soros and CLT, you'd be wasting your time. Vic just pulled that from his nether regions. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.2.3  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @5.2.2    3 years ago

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
6  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

It is becoming increasingly obvious that Jennifer Psaki's pronouns are he, him, and them.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    3 years ago

Yeah, another week that was, right Vic?  And the GOP did--what?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @7    3 years ago
And the GOP did--what?

Listened while Democrats fought amongst themselves and still refused to pass the real infrastructure bill they had previously agreed to vote on and pass?

Tried do get an accurate accounting of the aliens released into the US, and of those who have crossed illegally while the Biden Administration does virtually nothing?

Read about the lawlessness permeating through liberal bastions like Seattle and San Francisco?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @7    3 years ago

You bet!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.3    3 years ago

A great seed.  The article is right on on every issue covered within it.