╌>

Jan. 6 Rioter Accused of Using Stun Gun on Officer Mike Fanone Broke Down in FBI Interview: ‘I’m an A**hole’ and ‘Piece of Sh*t’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  55 comments

Jan. 6 Rioter Accused of Using Stun Gun on Officer Mike Fanone Broke Down in FBI Interview: ‘I’m an A**hole’ and ‘Piece of Sh*t’
“I’m sorry. I don’t know,” he said. “He’s a human being with children, and he’s not a bad guy. He sounds like he’s just doing his job and he’s — I’m an asshole.” Rodriguez appeared to have clear hindsight during the interview, telling the FBI, “Are we all that stupid that we thought we were going to go do this and save the country and it was all going to be fine after?”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

www.mediaite.com   /news/jan-6-rioter-accused-of-using-stun-gun-on-officer-mike-fanone-broke-down-in-fbi-interview-im-an-ahole-and-piece-of-sht/

By Katherine HugginsOct 17th, 2021, 7:05 pm 3-4 minutes   10/17/2021

GettyImages-1230454306-scaled.jpg

Daniel “D.J.” Rodriguez , the Jan. 6 rioter who was arrested for shocking D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer   Michael Fanone   with a stun gun , called himself a “fucking piece of shit” and “an asshole” during an interview with the FBI.

The FBI agents who interviewed him suggested he could help re-write his story from the way it was being told by Antifa, Black Lives Matter and  Huffington Post  — whose article helped identify him.

“Danny gets to choose if he writes a story today with us. But right now, the story that’s being told is by D.C. ― is by antifa, BLM, and the Huffington Post,” one agent said, according to an interview transcript obtained by  Huffington Post .

Asked why he shocked Fanone — who suffered a heart attack and concussion while defending the Capitol — Rodriguez said he didn’t know and is a “piece of shit.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t know,” he said. “He’s a human being with children, and he’s not a bad guy. He sounds like he’s just doing his job and he’s — I’m an asshole.”

Rodriguez appeared to have clear hindsight during the interview, telling the FBI, “Are we all that stupid that we thought we were going to go do this and save the country and it was all going to be fine after?”

“I understand what it ― it’s very stupid and ignorant, and I see that it’s a big joke, that we thought that we were going to save this country, we were doing the right thing and stuff. I get it,” he added.

Rodriguez told the FBI that he’s worried his “mom’s going to find out” what he did, and that he only participated in Jan. 6 to stand up for what he believed in after he unsuccessfully tried to join the U.S. Army.

“They didn’t take me. And I just thought that I could still contribute by ― you know, I didn’t take an oath, but I could still stand up for those same things on my own, you know?” Rodriguez said.

He told the FBI that he was worried they were “going to come round us up” after   Donald Trump   lost the election.

“My beliefs are that an overwhelming number of people came out to vote for Trump and he actually did win that election, the popular vote and the electoral vote,” he said. “They made sure that the election was lost and there’s no point in voting anymore, so it’s like ― I’m thinking they’re going to come, like, you know ― they’re going to come round us up.”

According to  Huffington Post,  the transcript was filed due to Rodriguez’s defense attorneys seeking to suppress the FBI interview on the basis that he received inadequate Miranda warnings.

“Agents capitalized on the unique media attention of this particular incident, conveying to Mr. Rodriguez that his story had already been written, and that this was his only chance to help himself out of the situation,” the attorneys wrote in the motion to suppress.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

What did they do, shoot him up with truth serum ? 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Choosing to become a repentant soul in a last ditch effort to avoid prison is not exactly the newest trick in the book.  And his, "I'm sorry. I didn't know" comment is straight-up offensive.

He wasn't quite so contrite following his assaultive behavior at a Beverly Hills Trump rally on October 23, 2020.

Rodriguez’s history of violence is well documented, though he has no violent criminal record. In footage from a Beverly Hills Trump rally in August, he can be seen grabbing the wheelchair of Black Lives Matter demonstrator Xander Mozejewski and dragging him away from a police line.

“You pulled me out of my wheelchair — what did I do?” Mozejewski asks his assailant in a subsequent clip. Rodriguez, whose face is clearly visible in this video, screams back: “I’ll grab you again! I’ll do it again! Act like a fucking adult!”

Mozejewski told HuffPost he’d never met Rodriguez before that encounter, and has no idea why he seemed to single him out. Since then, Mozejewski has been collecting and compiling footage that appears to show Rodriguez at rallies and inside the Capitol.

“Danny kept following me around. The whole day it was just him antagonizing me, [saying things] like, ‘How many Black dicks have you sucked?’” Mozejewski recalled of the incident at the August rally.

“I had never experienced anything like that before. It’s really hard to be in a wheelchair and not have control of where you’re going,” he added. “This dude took advantage of my situation and my disability ... There were many other people in the crowd he could have pulled backwards, and he chose me.”

After another Trump rally in December, Rodriguez was spotted in the background of a citizen journalist’s broadcast. Wearing a Trump flag as a cape and sporting the same glasses, MAGA hat and pins, he can be seen getting into a fistfight with another man and tackling him to the ground.  source

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    3 years ago

He chose the man in a wheelchair because he was...in a wheelchair. Rodriguez didn't have the guts to go after someone who could actually use their own 2 legs

Professor Guide
1.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    3 years ago

What a creep!  Anyone who could do such thing to a disabled man in a wheelchair, wouldn't give a flying fart about what they did to Officer Fanone.  That's why his sudden come-to-Jesus moment was, and continues to be, so offensive.  

I loved the kitchen sink quality behind his other self-admonishments, like the one where he is worried his mother would find out.  Next, he'll be saying that he only participated to ease the disappointment of being rejected from the U.S. Army.  Oh, wait...

Rodriguez told the FBI that he’s worried his “mom’s going to find out” what he did, and that he only participated in Jan. 6 to stand up for what he believed in after he unsuccessfully tried to join the U.S. Army.

What's next...Who will raise his dear, departed sister's 5 children, and what's going to happen to his Puppy Rescue Foundation if he goes to prison?  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    3 years ago

he chose the only guy there that couldn't actually kick his ass...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    3 years ago

What I wanna know is...who gets rejected from the Army?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.4    3 years ago
who gets rejected from the Army?

Used to know the garrison commander and warden at Ft Leavenworth. Great golf buddies back in the day.

Insane folk are rejected and tagged all of the time.

We would discuss it on the back nine.

Used to go into their prisons daily for my job.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.4    3 years ago

I used to work S-1 (Admin rat) in a psych unit and saw more than one soldier referred to my Colonel to evaluate for possible discharge.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.6    3 years ago

Used to design headgear for kids who tried to damage themselves.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @1.1.7    3 years ago

Good job.  I have seen that headgear.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

his cellmate may have, kind of...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
…The optics are striking: Capitol police stood around as protesters entered the Senate chambers and made speeches. Dozens entered the Capitol building after literally having the door held open for them, and then merely walked in a single file line and took pictures.

In fact, the FBI has not charged any of the protesters with “insurrection” or “treason”; the most widespread investigation in U.S. history, according to the bureau, has been unable to turn up any evidence of a centralized plot to install Donald Trump.

“The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials,” Reuters reported.

“Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations,” the report continued.

“Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases,” said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation….

read more: https://trendingpolitics.com/watch-jan-6-video-that-was-suppressed-shows-capitol-police-officer-waving-protesters-into-building-knab/

Professor Guide
1.3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    3 years ago
... the most widespread investigation in U.S. history, according to the bureau, has been unable to turn up any evidence of a centralized plot to install Donald Trump.

For crying out loud, who needs to investigate that part of Jan. 6?  Trump has been bitch-slap transparent in regard to his plans.

And PS:  The most widespread investigation in U.S. history?  Whoever said that must have been out of town/in a coma/not yet born/completely immersed in North Sentinel Island living on September 11, 2001.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

called himself a “fucking piece of shit” and “an asshole” 

For once I totally agree with a magat.  He hitched his wagon to a horse's ass and it could cost him his freedom for a long time....GOOD!  He may not have to worry about voting in the future if convicted of a felony.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

Daniel “D.J.” Rodriguez , the Jan. 6 rioter who was arrested for shocking D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer   Michael Fanone   with a stun gun , called himself a “fucking piece of shit” and “an asshole” during an interview with the FBI.

I concur with Rodriguez self assessment.  I would like to add one word, "stupid".  He's a "stupid fucking piece of shit."

Anyone who actually believes Trump won in 2020 is a "stupid fucking piece of shit."  

And anyone who participated in the Jan. 6th insurrection was a "stupid asshole".

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1  TᵢG  replied to  al Jizzerror @3    3 years ago
Anyone who actually believes Trump won in 2020 is a "stupid fucking piece of shit."  

It is my current litmus test to separate the blind partisans from those who can reason for themselves.

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    3 years ago
“My beliefs are that an overwhelming number of people came out to vote for Trump and he actually did win that election, the popular vote and the electoral vote,” he said. “They made sure that the election was lost and there’s no point in voting anymore, so it’s like ― I’m thinking they’re going to come, like, you know ― they’re going to come round us up.”

1 in 4 Republicans still think Trump will be reinstated this year. The lowest common denominator for the conservative party.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  evilone @4    3 years ago
1 in 4 Republicans still think Trump will be reinstated this year.

And they wear that belief like a flag, proudly showing off their stupidity.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u6.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  evilone @4    3 years ago

If his lemmings listen to Trump and don't vote, those 1 in 4 will be out of a job.

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    3 years ago

I would love it if the "sane" conservatives told the Trump supporters "hell no - we will not endorse that shithead again" and put up a sane candidate (I would love this from the Democrats as well).  And if the Trump supporters choose not to vote so much the better.  Why do they allow themselves to be held hostage by the fringe?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Veronica @4.2.1    3 years ago

Hard to predict when ‘sane’ conservatives will act (if ever) since support for Trump at this point defies explanation.   The inexplicable minds driving the GOP actually want a pathological liar, malignant narcissist who tried to steal the presidency to once again be PotUS.

A decade ago, I never would have predicted such a pathetic phenomenon of mass ignorance/stupidity in our nation.   

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Veronica  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.2    3 years ago
A decade ago, I never would have predicted such a pathetic phenomenon of mass ignorance/stupidity in our nation.   

It would have never crossed my mind.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.2    3 years ago

The perfect description of Biden voters.  They have really effed America over pretty hard.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.4    3 years ago

Says a person who believes Trump won the 2020 election, who "loves" Trump, who believes anything the guy states and thinks Trump was the greatest of all US presidents.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  cjcold  replied to  Veronica @4.2.1    3 years ago

Can Obama run again? Voted for him twice and would do it again.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.4    3 years ago

You keep saying that but never explain just how.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.2.6    3 years ago
Can Obama run again?

NO.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.4    3 years ago

C'mon...you can say "fucked". I even spelled it for you

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

"Round us up"???

That's some serious paranoia there

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

‘How many Black dicks have you sucked?’”

The smart ass in me would have come back with..."Your mother's."

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    3 years ago

I would have said NFL football players.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7  Ronin2    3 years ago

If only they went after Antifa, BLM, and other far left rioters guilty of far more with the same vigor, zeal, and complete disregard for rioters' rights.

Professor Guide
7.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @7    3 years ago
If only they went after Antifa, BLM, and other far left rioters guilty of far more with the same vigor, zeal, and complete disregard for rioters' rights.

Complete disregard for rioter's rights?  Well why didn't you say so in the first place?!  All charges are dropped and any remaining tourists still in custody are free to go!  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1    3 years ago

Pretty sure treason is still on the table.

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    3 years ago

There is probably a good reason, as we have seen, that the services wouldn't take him...

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @8    3 years ago

gee, too bad his daddy didn't have a couple hundred million and a real estate empire to leave him.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

The mere fact these "statements" are floating out there makes me question the validity of the claims that this is what was said.  To release suspect statements during an "active investigation" is unheard of.  Even for a department like the FBI.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9    3 years ago

Almost a nice deflection.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @9.1    3 years ago

Not a deflection.  Just questioning the article.  Sounds a bit made up with a supposed ongoing investigation. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @9.1    3 years ago

That's all he's got - projection, deflection, and denial.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
10  bugsy    3 years ago

What we are seeing here, if these comments are correct, is a conservative atoning to his wrongdoings and realizing how much he screwed up.

Now, take into comparison with the thousands of leftists that rioted, looted and burned business in blue cities across the country, destroying the lives and livelihoods of innocents . How many of them realized they fucked up and said ehat this guy did?

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
10.1  cjcold  replied to  bugsy @10    3 years ago

nice try at far right wing fascism. A hit and a miss!

Freewill
Junior Quiet
11  Freewill    3 years ago
Rodriguez appeared to have clear hindsight during the interview, telling the FBI, “Are we all that stupid that we thought we were going to go do this and save the country and it was all going to be fine after?”

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Freewill @11    3 years ago

That's whathisnames' followers, trumpturd, to a T

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
12  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Rodriguez can recant all he wants after the fact, but no matter what he was still responsible for his actions and deserving of the consequences of said actions. I hope they lock him up for a long time.