By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  76 comments

FBI CONFIRMS BRIAN LAUNDRIE IS DEAD IN FLORIDA SWAMP

brian laundrie dead - Twitter Search / Twitter

bcJfsHK6_bigger.jpg

AmericanMike

@MiKeChek_1212

·

4m

Got a friend @ the sheriffs dept and they said they just found Brian Laundrie dead w/ a bullet hole in his head in the Carlton Reserve

Jnbxhq8Y_mini.jpg

WREG News Channel 3

@3onyourside

· 8m

Medical examiner called to North Port park at center of Brian Laundrie search https:// wreg.com/news/live-medi cal-examiner-called-to-north-port-park-at-center-of-brian-laundrie-search/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Reports that medical examiner (coroner) has been called to the area where authorities have been searching for Brian Laundrie

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Holy shit.

I figured his parents weren't looking for him for one of 2 reasons:  They knew he was alive and were in contact with him, or they knew he was dead.  Either way it was a 'what's the point' scenario, but my guess would have been that he was alive and residing in another country.  Girlfriend murderers don't usually have the balls to do the right thing, but it looks like he might have done just that.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    3 years ago
but it looks like he might have done just that.

Until they do a DNA and can really prove that the body they found is Brian, I will seriously doubt it is him. His parents have been much too calm and their actions have shown no real concern during all this time that parents not knowing if their Son is alive or dead would be. 

I'm sure they know where he is, and that he is still alive and well. And the body with the bullet in his head? My guess is it is a plant.

I could be wrong in my thoughts, but, if Brian killed the woman he loved so callously, killing another to save his own life would not be out of the question. 

I hope it is him, but, my years spent with my police officer and Texas Ranger Father makes me suspicious.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago
qXrlHsMV_bigger.jpg
Daniel R. Fox
@DanielPantss
·
16s
Articles of Brian Laundrie ’s clothing a day after the park was opened to the public. His nasty ass parents are on the scene and the medical examiner has been called to the scene. If that coward is dead , I hope his parents are charged with lying to investigators.

Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
His nasty ass parents...

I know that shouldn't be funny at this point, but it is.  I'm going straight to hell, aren't I?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    3 years ago

... I'll drive.

Professor Guide
2.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago
... I'll drive.

Like you had a choice...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    3 years ago

I've got a seat at the bar waiting for you

Professor Guide
2.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.3    3 years ago
I've got a seat at the bar waiting for you

With a triple-dirty with several queen-sized olives, I hope...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    3 years ago

Whatever you want, Sweetheart.

I'm having a beer and will be chain smoking

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    3 years ago

I'm good. soda/lime tall for me, to cut the cottonmouth ...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I had a gut feeling that this might be the outcome.  It is the path these kinds of cowards often take.  His parents are also cowards and I hope they go down.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    3 years ago

Somebody's dead at that scene, let's hope its him and not another victim. 

Professor Guide
3.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
let's hope its him and not another victim.

I hope so, too.  But he's been 'missing' a month.  Would a dead body have lasted that long in a snake/gator-infested swamp?  On the other hand, I suppose that if it is him, it could have been a recent...decision.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.1    3 years ago

Is that park a swamp? But I'm with you, I wouldn't think any body would last long in the Florida weather

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    3 years ago

not following this story much, but I'll bet mommy and daddy told him they couldn't help him anymore because the heat was on and so jr ate his pistol.

Professor Guide
3.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @3.1.3    3 years ago

It's possible, for sure, but they behaved like the kind of folks who would know to expect a heavy haul on a never-ending shitty road under those circumstances. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.4    3 years ago

they failed in convincing him to give up.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

DNA testing has confirmed it is him.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
4  Duck Hawk    3 years ago

They need to go down as accessories to murder and/or aiding and abetting.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago
WChLdOOv_mini.jpg
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
· 12m
Breaking #FoxNews Alert : Coroner arrives at Florida park after items belonging to Brian Laundrie found

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

www.rawstory.com   /brian-laundries-items-found-in-florida-park-medical-examiner-and-cadaver-dog-called-in-cnn/

Brian Laundrie’s items found in Florida park — medical examiner and cadaver dog called in: CNN

Bob Brigham 4-5 minutes   10/20/2021

Items were discovered at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in Florida on Wednesday.

"The Sarasota County Medical Examiner and a cadaver dog were called on Wednesday to a Florida park where authorities found several items belonging to Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito," CNN   reported . "Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, informed the FBI and the North Port Police Department Tuesday night that they intended to come to the park on Wednesday morning to search for him, family attorney Steven Bertolino said. Law enforcement met them there Wednesday morning, he said."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

FCKfp5DXsAIa5lX?format=jpg&name=large

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago
hyJnluZ0_bigger.png
Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh
BREAKING.
reports a senior law enforcement official that what appears to be partial human remains were found in an area previously underwater. The remains were found near a backpack consistent with items Brian Laundrie may have had. #BrianLaundrie

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The FBI is on tv right now saying they have no final answers yet. The whole statement was no more than a minute. 

One commentator says Laundrie is dead and they are just waiting for complete confirmation. 

Ender
Professor Principal
12  Ender    3 years ago

If they found body parts, he must have been out there for a while.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13  Raven Wing    3 years ago

I'd be willing to bet that what they found is another dead body, maybe one Laundrie killed earlier, and put there along with some of his own items to throw the cops off while he headed for parts unknown. And I am also willing to bet that he has been long gone out of the states since he left his car at that location to make the cops and medias think he went there. 

Once they do a DNA we will know. But, Laundrie would not take his own life or put himself in danger, as he is too smart and loves himself too much for that. The cops need to look beyond the obvious and realize they have been played.

Just my own 2 cents worth.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.1  devangelical  replied to  Raven Wing @13    3 years ago

nice artistic twist to your possible plot RW.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  devangelical @13.1    3 years ago

Thanks, dev. But, something tells me that is not Brian. His parents being at the scene does not surprise me, they will need to play the game to make it appear to be their Son. When they lied to the police about his whereabouts early on, right after he had been home and left again right away, it looked very suspicious.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.1    3 years ago

Hmmm....it seems that Brian's parents were the ones who told the FBI to look in the area where the human remains were found.

Sooo.....how did the parents know where those remains were when no one else had been able to find any clues when they looked in that area? 

And how did they know exactly where those remains were where the area had been under water just before the remains were found?

Brian Laundrie's parents had 'advised' law enforcement to look in the location where apparent human remains were found, their lawyer says;

How did they know it was their Son when the cadaver was in parts and unrecognizable? 

Seems to me that the Parents are trying the game the authorities as well. Their suddenly telling the cops where the body parts were is really suspicious. Given the length of time their Son has been missing. 

Plus...did they find the gun that was thought to be used to shoot himself in the head with along with the body parts?

It's getting curiouser and curiouser.......

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.2    3 years ago

If it is Brian, and he did shoot himself in the head, then the gun he used to kill himself must have been next to the body. Right? So it will be interesting to see if they do find the gun used to kill whomever the body belongs to.

The Parents knowing just where the body was to alert the cops, when the massive group of people who have been searching that area for a month found nothing, just doesn't sound reasonable. 

And how did the body wind up being in parts if he killed himself? Did he cut himself up before he put a bullet in his own head? 

None of this scenario makes any real sense to me.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.3    3 years ago
And how did the body wind up being in parts if he killed himself?

Gators?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.3    3 years ago

Now it seems that there were 4 other bodies found in the two months of searching for Gabby and Brian. So now we wait to see what turns out to be the truth about body parts found by Brian's parents.

At least 4 other bodies were found during the nearly 2-month search for Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Ender  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.5    3 years ago

If they keep finding bodies, they may need to search more often...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @13.1.6    3 years ago

Very true. 

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.8  Ender  replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.7    3 years ago

Welcome to Florida.

Please report any dead bodies you may come across on your adventures...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.9  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Raven Wing @13.1.3    3 years ago

have to consider the conditions the body is exposed to and over what period of time .

the wetter and warmer the conditions , the faster a body will break down , factor in wildlife that will eat carrion , and the microbal process, a human body doesnt last long in some cases.

as for the gun used ? my understanding is the area was underwater during the search and recently had the water recede , depending on the ground , the weight of the gun alone could make it sink into the gumbo of the swamp and its buried and still going down , keep in mind that any other flooding and drying will also tend to make it settle deeper as well .

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.10  arkpdx  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.4    3 years ago

I hope not. The gators are going to have very upset tummies.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.4    3 years ago

good answer...also other critters like bobcats and fox

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.12  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.11    3 years ago

and it doesnt even have to be those things people would consider dangerous , birds , rodents, any number of things  can do a lot in a short time , looking for protein or calcium .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.12    3 years ago

absolutely

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @13.1.6    3 years ago

FLA is not that far from New Orleans...I wonder if the Mob is still active there? That could explain all the bodies in the swamp

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.14    3 years ago

more like the song the night the lights went out in georgia .....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @13    3 years ago

And now it seems that only partial remains have been found. 

BREAKING: Partial Human Remains Reportedly Found Near Backpack Believed to Belong to Brian Laundrie.

So now we have a partial cadaver that is unrecognizable, and thus far the only thing that ties it to Laundrie is as backpack. Thus, the remains could be anyone. Very clever of his Parents to find an unrecognizable partial cadaver and it just so happens to have Brian's backpack there. 

There is only a lot of assuming at this point, and the Laundrie's lawyer word that it is 'probably' Laundrie, with no proof or valid evidence to back it up. 

My take on it...the Parents located to partial remains, placed a backpack with some of their Son's belongings in it and called it Brian. 

It will be interesting to see if they can actually determine if the cadaver is Laundrie beyond a doubt through DNA testing, and not just keep assuming it is him because of the backpack. 

And ......so far no word if they found the gun used to kill the person the cadaver belongs to. 

This is looking more and more like the game 'Clue.'

cjcold
Professor Quiet
13.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @13.2    3 years ago

I'll be waiting for the FBI to fill out the rest of the story.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

We should hold a candlelight service for Brian Laundrie.

We can substitute flaming bags of dog shit for the candles.

And, maybe a nice grave dance would be appropriate.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

Well the autopsy and subsiquint investigation will answer if its him or not . 

If it is all answers to anything went with him and everything is now simply supposition or anyones best guess.

any guess is just as good as another, one i recently read was the couple were ina sadistic /masochistic  co dependant relationship, that would explain what happened in utah and them not wanting to be seperated . And who is to guess what is in anothers bag of kink when it comes to relationships that are consensual ?

could gabbys death have been an accident during "rough" play? think david carridine and how he died ....

it could also explain a lot of things , that have happened since , and if these remains end up being brians , it wouldnt surprise me this was the end result .

as i pointed out , we will never know now if the remains are brians because he was the only one with the answers , and no one can be proven right or wrong in the conclusions they have reached , they just cant be proven now beyond any shadow of a doubt .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15    3 years ago

I like your theory on the rough play. She was strangled. That is one of those things that kinky people like to do. Apparently the orgasm is more intense while being strangled. And your bringing up David Carradine is spot on

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @15.1    3 years ago

IF this were the case , i think it would explain an aweful ot of things .

how the body was left with a blanket , the run from wyo to mid florida  in near record time , the closed mouth responses .

remember we are talking about a 23 yr old kid basically with very little real world experience .

lets say it was an accidental misadventure ,  why leave a blanket with the body ?

First thought would be get help , in his mind thats mom and dad , so he headed home, can imagine the state of mind he was in if this is what happened trying to explain to people they were just bustin a nut . He would have still been going to prison , in wyoming no matter what .

it would also explain him not talking , better to be thought a murderer to some people than be thought of a sexual deviant . people over time can forgive murder , when it comes to sex and crimes , on purpose or by accident  , they are less so.

it would also be explaination enough of him ending his own life , again , if the remains are his .

mom and dad might be covered and cant be charged because i have been hearing FLA has a law that says parents do not have to testify or inform on their kids , similar to a husband and wife situation. If thats true they are on their own road of mental hell.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
15.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15    3 years ago
as i pointed out , we will never know now if the remains are brians

DNA

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  al Jizzerror @15.2    3 years ago
as i pointed out , we will never know now if the remains are brians

good catch , i forgot a comma

as i pointed out , we will never know, now if the remains are brians

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
15.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15.2.1    3 years ago

DNA testing has confirmed that it is him.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
16  Just Jim NC TttH    3 years ago

This is interesting............

The remains of at least four other missing people have been found during  the nearly two-month search  for Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie.

The bodies of other missing persons have been found in areas where authorities were looking for the couple. Here's what has been found:

• The body of an unidentified homeless man was found in a dumpster behind a grocery store in Mobile, Alabama, on September 18 after the police were tipped off that Laundrie was sighted in the area. Police later ruled out any link to Laundrie, the Independent reported.
  • The body of Robert Lowery, a 46-year-old father from Texas, was found at the base of the Teton Pass in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Fores on September 28, forty miles from where Petito's body was found. During the Petito search, police received crucial tips that led to his remains being located, NBC reported .
  • The body of Josue Calderon, 33, was found in Watauga County, North Carolina, on October 9. Laundrie was the subject of dozens of unconfirmed sightings in the area but was not connected to the discovery, the FBI said in a statement per the Asheville Citizen-Times.
  • The body of Sara Bayard, 55, was found off a highway in Douglas County, Colorado, on October 14, an area Petito and Laundrie had shared Instagram pictures from during their travels, per the New York Post.

Plus another couple also.....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
16.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @16    3 years ago

As for the couple in Moab , the time line is off and hard to prove from last heard from to body discoveries , at the time gabby was in SLC  in a hotel and brian was supposedly back in florida or on a plane  during that time frame .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
19  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The FBI has confirmed today that the human remains found yesterday in a Florida parkland are that of fugitive Brian Laundrie. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
19.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @19    3 years ago

saw that and the ID was done through dental records , and they will likely follow upwith DNA if there is enough material left . it will be put to bed soon leaving nothing but unanswered questions for many that the only place the answers lie is on an autopsy table and unfortunately cannot answer the questions they ask.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
19.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @19.1    3 years ago

You would be amazed what can be determined on an autopsy table.  Get with the present advancements.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
19.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @19.1.1    3 years ago

Oh i am well aware of the current and present advancements, they just are incapable of providing answers to all the questions  they leave a lot of guess work to be filled in , if you follow my drift.

i will take your last sentence as a cheap shot , a word of caution though , i would not let a persons moniker or screen name be such a telling factor on the judgement of a persons education , experience or knowledge . it might come back to bite one .

just as one can be lazy with grammar and punctuation , but still be a lot smarter than given credit for .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
19.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kathleen @19.1.3    3 years ago

Answers would be nice , IF they were actual and factual and not the biased crap i have seen on this thread and elsewhere  using only the info that has been released which is NOT all the information they have .

How do i know they havent released all the info? simple , they never released the info on the blanket at the scene from the van , i got that info from a member of the S&R unit that was there . I was a member of a S&R unit on the western side of the state of wyoming that covered 1/3rd of the states border and worked with the unit in teton county with mutual aide  for over 7 years , that may also explain how i know about body decomp and what factors affect it . i averaged about 10 searched a year and went on about 27 of them that ended up being body retreivals and recoveries , from grassland plains to high elevation and water to include swiftwater recoveries . i think that all counts as a modicum of experience .

way i see it right now , many that have posted since the body was found , have been proven wrong on this thread and article already , who is to say all their conclusions are not wrong because they have a predisposed outcome in mind because of what the media has reported and How the media reported same?

maybe it appears that way to you because i have already accepted I wont get all the answers i want to make sense of what actually happened it simply becomes a mental exersize that it wont matter in the long run  mainly because im not seeking or wishing vengence or retubution. there is a big difference between those 2 things and justice , and too many here are looking for the other 2 .

people here have been making statements and judgments that are based on how they feel, well feelings dont always lead to the truth , matter of fact , they seldom do.

remember , 2 wolves , one light , one dark , which one wins? the one you feed.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
19.1.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kathleen @19.1.3    3 years ago

as an after thought , and most likely very true , maybe what you sense as not wanting answers is a saftey and protection mechanism , i have developed to remain neutral and objective to the issue at hand and not letting my feelings rule my conclusions  , to some it may seem calus , to some it may appear jaded  or uncaring , it is what it is if it keeps me sane after all. and i am by no means saying i am sane , im just not batshit crazy , though some would argue otherwise .

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
20  Raven Wing    3 years ago

There are still some suspicions surrounding this case that have yet to be answered. And it seems that Brian's Parents are not too grievous about finding their Son's remains. 

The question of why the Cadaver dogs were unable to find those remains, even under water in all the times they were in that area. The handler thinks there is something highly suspicious as to why the well trained cadaver dogs did not find the remains earlier on in that area

K-9 Handler Says It’s ‘Highly Suspicious’ That Cadaver Dogs Didn’t Already Detect Remains In Search For Brian Laundrie https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/k-9-handler-says-its-highly-suspicious-that-cadaver-dogs-didnt-already-detect-remains-in-search-for-brian-laundrie/ar-AAPNUaj?li=BBnbfcL 

So it seems that I am not the only one who sees something suspicious about how the Parents managed to find the remains when the vast searchers and cadaver dogs were not. 

The investigation is still going strong and it seems that the more they find out the more suspicious it becomes.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
20.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @20    3 years ago

Even Brian's Parents are not convinced that the remains found are those of their own Son. So It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks the situation seems suspicious.

Brian Laundrie's parents are 'not convinced' yet that the human remains authorities found belong to their son

So if they are not convinced that is their Son, then what do they know that gives them reason to question the remains? They know their Son much better than the FBI and police, so their being unconvinced that the remains are their Son, shouldn't the authorities also look into it further?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
22  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Heard this morning that all they found of Brian Laundrie was a skeleton. They identified him through the teeth. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
22.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @22    3 years ago

i heard that last night john , but understanding how a body decomposes and factors that can speed things up or slow it down , it doesnt surprise me really .

bodies in warm wet areas tend to not last long the warmth and moisture speed things up , its not the worms that get you if the body is not professionally prepared , in nature its the bugs and their offspring that do the work along with bacteria, add in those things that will feed both on land and in the water one will be surprised how fast a body can be left to nothing but bones . they used dental because the DNA MIGHT not be retrievable or is degraded to the point of not usable , they wont know until they try .

my bet would be he was dead within 24 hrs of leaving his car in the parking lot .

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
23  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

The only thing that matters is that this POS is dead.  I don't give a rat's patoot as to how or why.