╌>

Ohio police make ‘demented’ discovery inside trick-or-treat sweet: ‘Take this critically’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  3 years ago  •  21 comments

Ohio police make ‘demented’ discovery inside trick-or-treat sweet: ‘Take this critically’

Sorry but the last two or three articles i've tried to seed won't get fetched

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An observant little one inOhiomade a “demented” discovery inside theirHalloweensweet whereas trick-or-treating over the weekend, alerting police to a stitching needle planted inside a chocolate deal with.

The tampered sweet was distributed in Fostoria, a metropolis situated about 40 miles south of Toledo, throughout city-wide trick-or-treating on Saturday, theFostoria Police Division said Sunday.

POLICE URGING PARENTS TO INSPECT HALLOWEEN  CANDY AFTER ECSTASY DISCOVERED

“Although we only are aware of 2 pieces of candy being involved, we take this seriously and are appalled that anyone would be so demented as to want to hurt children in our community,” Chief Keith Loreno mentioned in a written assertion.

Stitching needles had been present in no less than two items of tampered sweet, police mentioned.

(Fostoria Police Division )

Police mentioned that each items of tampered sweet had a stitching needle positioned inside.

ohio-trick-or-treat-candy.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

An observant little one alerted police in Fostoria to the tampered treats, pictured above with a stitching needle embedded contained in the sweet.
(Fostoria Police Division )

Whereas the kid who reported the tampered treats instructed police they acquired it whereas trick-or-treating within the space of N. Union, Summit, and Rock Streets, authorities mentioned the precise road it had been distributed on wasn’t instantly clear.

“We’ve all heard of these types of things happening, but to actually have someone do this in our community is truly disturbing!”police said.

Each police and the ProMedica Fostoria Group Hospital suggested mother and father to take any sweet their kids acquired whereas trick-or-treating to the hospital on Nov. 1 to be X-rayed for potential metallic objects.

Police mentioned the X-rays would solely be carried out throughout the next occasions: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.; and 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Authorities requested anybody with details about who could also be concerned with the tampered sweet to name Fostoria Police at 419-435-8573.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    3 years ago

There are a lot of really messed up people in this world.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1    3 years ago

probably some anti-halloween bible thumper responsible...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago
probably some anti-halloween bible thumper responsible...

Or maybe it is some fucked-up progressive liberal trying to make some weird point?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

Or some radical left wing needle pumper hopped up on meth and bad advise from the hive.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.3  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    3 years ago

What point would liberals be trying to make by sticking pins in candy? Fostoria is a very conservative area. This is Jim Jordan territory.

The idea that Fostoria is called a metropolis is hilarious. It's a farm town (pop of 13,000) in the middle of nowhere.  They grow tomatoes, cabbage, sugar beets, and cuke for pickles out there.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    3 years ago
What point would liberals be trying to make by sticking pins in candy?

There is a lot wrong with that comment.   Do you really believe only conservatives do evil things?   Really?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    3 years ago
What point would liberals be trying to make by sticking pins in candy?

Gee, I have no idea, not being a liberal myself.

What would be the point?

Would it be anything like the point for "anti-halloween bible thumper" doing it?

The idea that Fostoria is called a metropolis is hilarious. It's a farm town (pop of 13,000) in the middle of nowhere.  They grow tomatoes, cabbage, sugar beets, and cuke for pickles out there.

Completely and utterly useless info.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.6  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    3 years ago

As a conservative protest against the pagan holiday of Halloween.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.1.6    3 years ago

You obviously misread my question. 

Here it is again if you would like to try answering it.

What would be the point?

Would it be anything like the point for "anti Halloween bible thumper" doing it?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.9  epistte  replied to  devangelical @1.1.8    3 years ago

What did I say wrong?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.1.9    3 years ago

Nothing for me.   You didn't answer my question.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2  JaneDoe    3 years ago

Yes there are!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago
There are a lot of really messed up people in this world.

I agree. It's kind of surprising this sort of thing isnt reported more often at Halloween. 

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    3 years ago

"Stranger-danger!" I don't know why people forget this during a public 'night.' Keep your children safe: Accept candies from family, friends, and people you believe wishes you and yours well-being.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  CB @4    3 years ago

Seriously. How is "stranger-danger" any less an issue when children are persuaded to knock on doors and receive 'parcels' of tempting treats from people? Has a lot of foresight gone into this continuing tradition? Even worse, the authorities do not even have means to "id" the pervs involved! 

Question: Has traditional Halloween practices outlived its usefulness?

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

'Test' your community. That is, if you feel strongly that engaging strangers is the way to go for excitement, then use a "screening bag" at homes. Separate, look over "goodies," and if need be identify who gave what to whom before moving on to the next house, and only after doing so mix "goodies" into one 'catch.'

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
6  JaneDoe    3 years ago

Sometimes a nut is just a nut!! Maybe it was just some assclown that hates kids. Seems to me both sides have their fair share of nut cases.