╌>

Idaho Republican Melts Down Over Hershey’s Ad With Black Family

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  10 comments

Idaho Republican Melts Down Over Hershey’s Ad With Black Family
The holiday ad launched in late 2020 and features a Black family. Wrote Leisy, “I don’t support the new and improved #Hersheys #christmas black only commercial. Classic #commercial and they ruined it.” The tweet ends with a trio of vomiting emojis, and Leisy followed up with a reply saying she can “no longer watch much current TV cause black only supporting.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An Idaho Republican went into a meltdown faster than a chocolate bar over a campfire this week when she threw an online fit over a year-old Hershey’s commercial.  NPR’s Boise State Public   Radio reports that it’s unclear whether Lisa Leisy, a local official for Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin’s gubernatorial campaign, has retained her position after she sent a tweet complaining about a “black only” Hershey’s commercial Monday. The holiday ad launched in late 2020 and features a Black family. Wrote Leisy, “I don’t support the new and improved #Hersheys #christmas black only commercial. Classic #commercial and they ruined it.” The tweet ends with a trio of vomiting emojis, and Leisy followed up with a reply saying she can “no longer watch much current TV cause black only supporting.”

Boise State Public Radio notes that Leisy’s Twitter bio no longer describes her as chair for the McGeachin campaign in Power County, and a Facebook page promoting her events in the area has disappeared. Neither Leisy nor McGeachin has commented on the tweet. Earlier this year, Leisy complained on Instagram that she was “disgusted” to see her iPhone had added Juneteenth to her calendar. “Guess we’re on our way to be a black nation ahead,” she wrote. “Welcome to the ‘new’ America.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Maybe this rwnj can organize a boycott of Hershey's chocolate over the Christmas season. Yep, that'll work. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

Well.  She seems nice /s

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Amazing show of racism.

Oh, I forgot racism doesn't exist in the US any longer.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Racism is a thing of the past doncha know...

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4  SteevieGee    3 years ago

Lucky for her she still has the right to not watch tv.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Insert john’s response how it’s just one insignificant person and the seed is pointless every time a democrat is caught saying something racist.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    3 years ago

You believe that all racism is equal. Is not and never has been. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago
“I don’t support the new and improved #Hersheys #christmas black only commercial.“

What do you say to that? Aside from the obvious racism, what do you expect? I mean, it’s a family. They’re black. The commercial is 15 seconds long. Even if you wanted to show other ethnicities, you don’t have a lot of time to do it.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

Maybe they should have shown a family with members of several races.  I mean, that's never ruffled any racist feathers before.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    3 years ago

That's about as racist as it gets.