KFC customer posts photo of chicken head found in her order

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  one month ago  •  54 comments

By:   Brian Niemietz - New York Daily News (on MSN)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Is a chicken head white meat or dark meat?

© Provided by New York Daily News - Woman claims to have found a chicken head mixed in with her fried chicken.

That was hardly the first thing on the mind of an Englishwoman who posted social media photos of a crispy chicken noggin she said she found in her hot wing meal.

“I found a fried chicken head in my hot wing meal,” a woman named Gabrielle wrote Monday. “Put me off the rest, ugh.”

After noticing Gabrielle had still given her meal a two out of five star review, KFC UK responded, “Probably the most generous 2-star review ever.”

yum yum @KFC_UKI pic.twitter.com/hnTm8urQ3x
— Takeaway Trauma (@takeawaytrauma) December 20, 2021

The fast food joint’s Twitter reply admitted their customer’s finding was “a shocker,” but also saw a silver lining.

“Honestly, Wow. We were genuinely surprised by this photo,” KFC UK responded on Twitter. “Baffled, even.”

In its defense, KFC UK wrote that Gabrielle’s finding proves the fast food chain uses real chickens, as advertised.

KFC UK lamented the fact that the Instagram feed “Takeaway Trauma” had picked up on the chicken-head instance, but didn’t deny that such things can happen — on rare occasions — when serving up chicken meat. The company also said it had offered Gabrielle free chicken, which she allegedly accepted. She was also invited to come visit one of its kitchens so she can see how meals are made.

British media outlet the Independent reported that the chicken-head debacle happened in southwest London.

The Subway sandwich franchise is engrossed in a highly publicized lawsuit in the U.S. over allegations that its tuna products do not contain the kind of fish advertised by that fast food joint. They vigorously defend their tuna offerings.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    one month ago

No big deal.  People eat animal brains in many countries.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    one month ago

I never eat anything something has been thinking with. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    one month ago

Did you ever eat an oyster or a scallop or an escargot?

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.1    one month ago

I love scallops.... jrSmiley_101_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.2    one month ago

Me too, and oysters and escargots as well.  Did you ever see the photos I posted of the new little seafood stand that opened up in the mall adjoining the building where we live?

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.2    one month ago

Morning...

Yes I had prawns, scallops and oysters for tea last night...

And a good Aussie dessert...Pav...as pictured...

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    one month ago

No, I haven't... where are they?

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Kathleen  replied to  shona1 @1.1.4    one month ago

OMG! That looks soooo good!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1.4    one month ago

Wow.  The Chinese put fruit in and on their cakes, but I've never seen a seafood cake.

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.8  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.6    one month ago

Anoon Kathleen..beats cheese cake hands down...

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.9  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.7    one month ago

See you learn something everyday Buzz..

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Kathleen  replied to  shona1 @1.1.8    one month ago

I hope you had a nice Christmas...  It looks pretty to with all the fruit on the top..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.5    one month ago

I know Shona1 has seen them, and for you I'll post them here again.

Just a kiosk that opened not too long ago, and has been busy since, so hopefully it will remain a long time.  A few  metres away a man is busy shucking the fresh caught oysters and scallops.

.Dressed oysters on the grill on the right, and dressed scallops on the grill on the left.

The dressed scallops.  I don't know what's on the left, and haven't seen them for a while.  If they're escargots I could kick myself for not trying them.

The dressed oysters, When they are not busy, the grills are not on, and when ordered they are cooked on another grill that faces the other direction, so they are never overcooked.

I visit that stand and buy their seafood once or twice a week - I just love those oysters and scallops.  And now, everybody, eat your hearts out - the price - 4 oysters (and they give you 5 if they're small), 10 yuan, the equivalent of US$1.60, (only 40 cents each) and 5 scallops, 15 yuan, the equivalent of US$2.50 (just 50 cents each)

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    one month ago

Thank you for posting it Buzz, the scallops look delicious. I am not big on oysters, but if they are made different I might give them a try. The prices are cheap, over here you would pay a lot more. I get them in a restaurant broiled in butter and spices for $20 or more. 

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.13  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    one month ago

Sigh...seafood heaven...dozen oysters here are around $18...

Scallops about the same..

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.14  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.10    one month ago

Anoon...yes thank you...nice and quiet just the way I like it..

Family, good food and friends.. Makes a lovely Christmas...

Hope you had a great Christmas too...

shona1
Sophomore Participates
1.1.15  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.12    one month ago

Can have the oysters Kilpatrick...put some Worchester sauce on them, top with chopped up bacon and put them under the griller till bacon is crispy... perfect..

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Kathleen  replied to  shona1 @1.1.14    one month ago

I did and did the same thing you did... 

Time for bed for me, I know you and Buzz are starting the day. 

Have a good one..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    one month ago

My husband does oysters like this. He puts some green onion, panko crumbs, and romano and parmeson cheese

Split Personality
PhD Principal
1.1.18  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    4 weeks ago

If you ever get Conch Ceviche right on the beach, you literally look your meal i

n the eye(s) right before they 

force it out of the shell and behead it. 

They dice the whole animal so fast...and onto the grille it goes while they 

dice onions greens and garlic, maybe a touch of rum

It's sublime.

All the while the chef is talking, distracting and starting a bidding war for the victims

shell

True story jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Kathleen
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Kathleen  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.18    4 weeks ago

That would be hard for me to do...  I would start feeling sorry for it.. lol

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    one month ago

Lol .... nice!

Kathleen
Professor Principal
3  Kathleen    one month ago

Some people eat fried chicken heads. Here are some fried feet to go with them... Waste not want not... but not for me. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago
Waste not want not

That is so true.  

My dad grew up on a farm and it was still a working farm when we were kids.   They did eat everything, stuff that would make you puke just to look at.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago

My wife eats chicken feet - I think my mother did too.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    one month ago

The worst was the head cheese, i mean it was unidentifiable animal pieces/parts supreme bound in a gelatin.   They called it "hoospanina" sp?

nasty, nasty stuff

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    one month ago

Well there are certain organs that are often served as meals. I like beef liver and onions, and chopped chicken liver as an appetizer, and I have eaten sweetbreads.  I'm still alive so I don't think it harmed me. 

charger 383
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  charger 383  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    one month ago

I think the local poultry plants still export containers of chicken feet 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @3.2.3    one month ago

My wife often buys a whole live chicken.  I love the unborn eggs.  I don't think I should ever go to Texas again now that I've said that cause maybe some vigilante will turn me in to get his $10,000.

Kathleen
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    one month ago

I like scrapple fried real crispy.  I saw the head cheese at the deli, ewwwww.

Kathleen
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    one month ago

My parents loved Liver and onions. There is something else my sister and I liked and my grandmother introduced them to us. My dad would tell us to go into another room and eat that.. It's kind of embarrassing, but I will say it.. Pickled pigs feet.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    one month ago

Liver is like head cheese Filet Mignon.   The usual ingredients were parts not used  elsewhere like brains, ears, feet, tongue, eyes, etc

You haven't lived until you've tasted a plate of that nasty

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.7    one month ago

Cooked beef tongue?  OMG. You just made my mouth water.  How I miss slices of delicious tender hot cooked tongue.  It was one of my favourite deli sandwiches.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.8    one month ago

That’s the good part, add the rest before you water too much.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2.10  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.9    one month ago

No, I don't eat ears, feet, eyes, brains, etc.  Although the Chinese eat the eyes of fish.  There is a tradition that to honour someone at a banquet, using chopsticks (of course) you pluck the eye of a fish and put it on the plate of the person next to you.  When I was sitting next to the person who was the host at a banquet, when the fish was served, he placed it in front of me to have the first piece but I plucked the eye and put it on his plate. Everyone at the banquet stood and applauded me.

Another interesting thing at the many banquets I was invited to is that everyone should contribute some kind of entertainment. I used to either sing songs in English or French, or tell riddles, that my friend who was bilingual would translate to Chinese.  The one that always stumped them was the one about the airplane.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.10    one month ago

Head cheese is nasty ... trust me.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
3.2.12  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.11    4 weeks ago

After you said what was in it, there's no way I would even try it.

Split Personality
PhD Principal
3.2.13  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.12    4 weeks ago

Amish scrapple is all that without the gelatin binder, they use cornmeal and waste nothing of the pig.

The joke used to be, how many bug parts per million were allowable by the FDA or FSIS.

My mother told us that the occasional piece of straw or fly wing never killed anyone, lol.

Tacos!
Professor Expert
4  Tacos!    one month ago

Don’t forget the gravy!

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
5  Gazoo    one month ago

“In its defense, KFC UK wrote that Gabrielle’s finding proves the fast food chain uses real chickens, as advertised.”

lmao!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gazoo @5    one month ago

I've been seeing lately a lot of stories about meat manufactured from plants, even done by 4D projection, so I don't blame them for making it clear.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Expert
6  Hal A. Lujah    one month ago

I think the most surprising part of this story is that the customer posted a two star review.  KFC has gotten so awful that even a meal sans chicken head gets one star from me.

sandy-2021492
Professor Principal
6.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    4 weeks ago

I bought my last bucket of KFC chicken in, I think April or May of 2020.  My son requested it.  And it was awful.  There was more fat than meat in it, and I don't know if there's much in the world more gag-inducing than chicken fat.  We each got a piece, picked at it, then tried another piece, and gave up.  I haven't been back since then.

I guess at least there was no chicken head.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    4 weeks ago

I got the potato skins a while back, and they were literally just that.  There was no potato on them.  It’s like someone got the bright idea that you could peel the potatoes to make mashed potatoes and then scrape the skins out of the bottom of the sink and toss them in the deep fryer.  The rest of the meal was equally terrible, and the restaurant was the dirtiest establishment I’ve ever seen.

sandy-2021492
Professor Principal
6.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.1    4 weeks ago

I guess they were economizing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.2    4 weeks ago

Well, Hal ordered potato skins and what he got was what he ordered.  What I take issue with is the pictures they use for their advertising and menus, showing a nice thick amount of chicken in the bun, and when you get it it's less than half the amount of chicken than you saw in the picture.  You can add "exaggerating" to "economizing".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    one month ago

This seed reminded me of this SNL sketch.

[jrEmbed module="jrYouTube" youtube_id="hL4b0Pc1xIs"]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7    4 weeks ago

I can't open it, but if you (or anyone) tell me a bit about it I can seek it on bilibili.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    4 weeks ago

Search "Cluckin Chicken SNL"  maybe you can find it another way

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.1    4 weeks ago

Although I found a lot of SNL episodes, the only one that had anything to do with chicken was "Chicken Leg Contest".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.2    4 weeks ago

Pops right up for me, first item of a Google search on "Cluckin Chicken snl."

Shows the stark contrast between the US and China in that regard.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
7.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.3    4 weeks ago

For me the contrast is worse than you think.  It has now become impossible for me to access IMDb through any browser, English or Chinese, and that site was necessary for me to create and accurately .score movie quizzes based on genre, and also now makes it difficult to create and score quizzes using any other method.  Creating and scoring movie quizzes was one of the passtimes I enjoyed most spending my time doing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.4    4 weeks ago

That sucks.   Really sorry to heart that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
7.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.5    4 weeks ago

Thanks.  I'm still going to try to post movie quizzes, but not by genre because there are other themes I can use, but it could make checking and scoring a problem.