╌>

Bob Saget, comedian and "Full House" star, has died at 65

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  2 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   Jordan Freiman

Bob Saget, comedian and "Full House" star, has died at 65
The man was identified as Robert Saget and pronounced dead on the scene, the sheriff's office said. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Bob Saget, the comedian best known for his role as Danny Tanner on "Full House" has died, the Orange County Sheriff's Office in Florida confirmed. He was 65.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office tweeted that deputies were called to the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes about an "unresponsive man in a hotel room." The man was identified as Robert Saget and pronounced dead on the scene, the sheriff's office said. 

Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case, the sheriff's office said. 

A cause of death was not immediately announced.

In 1987, Saget landed a starring role in the ABC sitcom "Full House," which ran for eight seasons. In 1989, Saget also became the host of "America's Funniest Home Videos." Saget appeared on both shows until "Full House" was canceled in 1995. He would go on to host "AFV" for another two years. After Saget left the program in 1997, the show was briefly shelved by ABC before being brought back again as a midseason replacement in 1998 with new hosts.

Saget would end up returning to both shows decades later. He co-hosted a 20th anniversary special for "America's Funniest Home Videos" in 2009 and would occasionally appear on Netflix's "Full House" reboot, "Fuller House," for which he reprised the role of Danny Tanner.

Saget also provided the narration for all nine seasons of the CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother."

In addition to his acting work, Saget was also a successful comedian. His standup act was filled with coarse language and sexual humor, creating a stark contrast with the family-friendly image he projected on the sitcom "Full House" that made him a household name.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

What the hell?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

as long as the grim reaper is in florida, he should really consider visiting the miami area...

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

Who is in Miami?

MsMarple
Freshman Silent
1.2  MsMarple  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

The Best Die Young, that's why Sister :(

Have you seen that saddest story of Sinead O'Connor's son dying at the age of 17? It's a miracle she survived her own fucked up mom, but I guess her son was not as strong...

So sad all around!

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsMarple @1.2    2 years ago
Have you seen that saddest story of Sinead O'Connor's son dying at the age of 17?

I saw that yesterday.  When I read the article, they had a photo of her, and I was a little shocked by her appearance.  I guess I've been out of touch with her music for quite some time.  I feel terrible about the loss of her son, especially at such a young age.  One thing is certain:  She is likely to never recover from his death, or more specifically, the manner of his death.  I wouldn't even begin to know how a parent could possibly recover from that.  

MsMarple
Freshman Silent
1.2.2  MsMarple  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    2 years ago
I was a little shocked by her appearance.

Yeah, me too. I remember her in her prime, when she sang "Nothing Compares to U" in the 80's. I was just a student in a University in the USSR...
The other day I was a bit horrified to see her in the black garb like that. She was such a free soul back then. Makes me sick thinking of what life did to her :( :( :( And she lost her baby :( :( :(
So sad all around

Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsMarple @1.2.2    2 years ago
The other day I was a bit horrified to see her in the black garb like that.

That's the photo I saw, too.  I wasn't sure if the years had not been kind, or if it was just a terrible image...

"Nothing Compares to U"

What a song...and how young she was when she sang it.  And how young we were when we heard it!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2  Raven Wing    2 years ago

And now Dwane Hickman has died as well.....

Producer Dwayne Hickman, who played Dobie Gillis, has died at age 87 Dwayne Hickman, the actor and network TV executive who despite numerous achievements …

Bob Saget's death at 67 was a real surprise for me. I never watched the "Full House", but, he was a good actor.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Raven Wing @2    2 years ago

was just going to say the actor that played Dobie Gillis went on the same day ...beat me to it .

wonder what he and maynard g krebs will be up too?

Professor Guide
2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Raven Wing @2    2 years ago

I was a Full House fan for a while back in the day, but I was a bigger America's Funniest Home Videos fan.  

Professor Guide
3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

Still nothing about the cause of death, at least nothing that I've seen.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Without foul play or drugs it has to be heart attack or stroke.  Or suicide I guess. 

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Pretty sure it wasn't suicide.  It was reported earlier today that during a podcast which took place sometime after the first of this year , the comedian spoke of recently having suffered through Covid.  The host of the podcast actually commented how sick Bob sounded at the time.  (I also bet he's rather relieved that Bob's participation on the podcast was of the phone-in variety.)  

I guess we'll find out here in the next few days.