╌>

More consequences for democrats

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  123 comments

More consequences for democrats
Both the nine-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter and the five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter are among the largest Gallup has measured for each party in any quarter since it began regularly measuring party identification and leaning in 1991.

An amazing thing happened in 2021. Not only did the political candidate who campaigned on being a moderate unifier, govern as a wildly radical, woke extremist, but for the first time in the history of the country, the theories being taught at American universities were actually put into practice. We saw the effort to teach CRT to our military and our young children, defunding of police departments, DA's refusing to prosecute certain crimes, vaccine mandates used in tandem with virtue signaling, the weaponization of the DOJ & FBI against American parents, a two tier system of justice, an attempt at passing the green new deal under another name, an attempt to end the filibuster for one party rule, an attempt at making election rule changes permanent under the disguise of voting rights, abandonment of the nation's energy independence in the name of climate change, and a wide open southern border.

The immediate consequence to all these radical policies is that democrats will suffer a major defeat in the next election. The polls show that, the recent elections in Virginia and New Jersey dramatically indicate that and the fact that 25 democrat House members have decided not to run again point directly to that. However, there is another consequence for the democrats year of radical rule: Polling by Gallup now shows that the democratic party is losing members. The moderate wing?  The old guard of traditional democrats?

Here is the results of Gallup's latest poll on party affiliation:

lgcee9uipekjsow90933fa.png

"These results are based on aggregated data from all U.S. Gallup telephone surveys in 2021, which included interviews with more than 12,000 randomly sampled U.S. adults.

Gallup asks all Americans it interviews whether they identify politically as a Republican, a Democrat or an independent. Independents are then asked whether they lean more toward the Republican or Democratic Party. The combined percentage of party identifiers and leaners gives a measure of the relative strength of the two parties politically.

Both the nine-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter and the five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter are among the largest Gallup has measured for each party in any quarter since it began regularly measuring party identification and leaning in 1991.

• The Democratic lead in the first quarter was   the largest for the party since the fourth quarter of 2012 , when Democrats also had a nine-point advantage. Democrats held larger, double-digit advantages in isolated quarters between 1992 and 1999 and nearly continuously between mid-2006 and early 2009.

• The GOP has held as much as a five-point advantage in a total of only four quarters since 1991. The Republicans last held a five-point advantage in party identification and leaning in early 1995, after winning control of the House of Representatives for the first time since the 1950s. Republicans had a larger advantage only in the first quarter of 1991, after the U.S. victory in the Persian Gulf War led by then-President George H.W. Bush.

Party Preference Shifts Follow Changes in Presidential Approval

Shifting party preferences in 2021 are likely tied to changes in popularity of the two men who served as president during the year. Republican Donald Trump finished out his single term in January, after being defeated in the 2020 election, with a   34% job approval rating , the lowest of his term. His popularity fell more than 10 points from Election Day 2020 as the country's COVID-19 infections and deaths reached then-record highs, he refused to acknowledge the result of the election, and his supporters rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in an attempt to prevent Congress from counting the 2020 Electoral College votes.

Democrat   Joe Biden enjoyed relatively high ratings   after taking office on Jan. 20, and his approval stayed high through the early summer as COVID-19 infections dramatically decreased after millions of Americans got vaccinated against the disease. A summer surge of infections tied to the delta variant of the coronavirus made it clear the pandemic was not over in the U.S., and   Biden's approval ratings began to sag . Later, the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan caused   Biden's ratings to fall further , into the low 40s.   His ratings remain low   as the U.S. battles rising inflation and yet another surge of COVID-19 infections, tied to the omicron variant of the virus.

With Trump's approval rating at a low point and Biden relatively popular in the first quarter, 49% of Americans identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared with 40% who were Republicans or Republican leaners.

In the second quarter, Democratic affiliation stayed high, while Republican affiliation began to recover, increasing to 43%.

The third quarter saw a decline in Democratic identification and leaning, from 49% to 45%, as Biden's ratings began to falter, while there was no meaningful change in Republican affiliation.

In the fourth quarter, party support flipped as Republicans made gains, from 44% to 47%, and Democratic affiliation fell from 45% to 42%. These fourth-quarter shifts coincided with strong GOP performances in 2021 elections, including a Republican victory in the Virginia gubernatorial election and a near-upset of the Democratic incumbent governor in New Jersey. Biden won both states by double digits in the 2020 election.

The GOP advantage may be starting to ease, however, as Gallup's latest monthly estimate, from December, showed the two parties about even -- 46% Republican/Republican leaning and 44% Democratic/Democratic leaning.

2021 Shifts Occurred Among Both Core Party Identifiers and Less Attached Leaners

The shifts in party affiliation in each quarter of 2021 were apparent in both the percentage identifying with each party and the percentage of independents leaning to each party, but with more changes among leaners than identifiers.

Between the first and fourth quarters, the percentage of Democratic identifiers decreased by two points, while the percentage of Democratic-leaning independents dropped five points. Republican identification increased by three points from the beginning to the end of 2021, while Republican leaners increased by four points."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx

It has been a horrific year for the nation. We have to wait an entire year just to rid congress of this evil ideology and another three years to rid the country of the feeble minded scoundrel that made it all possible. The verdict is in for Biden's radical policies. Polls show him losing astounding levels of support from virtually every group of Americans who voted for him just a year ago. That would include Hispanics, moderate Democrats, African-Americans, and by big double digits, independents. The next time some jerk says we have to vote against somebody because of the way he talks, be sure to remind them of their complicity in all that happened this past year.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Biden who is the face of all that has happened is even losing the people who helped campaign for him: the dishonest media:

BRIANNA KEILAR, CNN: President Joe Biden has had a very tough week with setbacks for his agenda. COVID complications and the Supreme Court blocking his vaccine mandate.

CHUCK TODD, NBC: One year in Mr. Biden has the second-lowest approval rating ever measured in the White House. And it has never been less popular nationally.

MARGARET BRENNAN, CBS: 2022 is not exactly off to a good start for the Biden administration. 

JOHN KING, CNN: The country is frustrated, his party is frustrated, we are two weeks into a midterm election year, a few days away from a one-year anniversary, and it is very dark for him right now. 

ERIN BURNETT, CNN: Now he’s in the midst of what famous children's book writer called "a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad" time.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Seems like Biden is almost single handedly managing to alienate almost every special interest group that helped get him elected in the first place.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    2 years ago

I don't know who got a hold of Biden or when, but they led him down this radical path and despite all that's happened, he has never altered course. Do you remember when Bill Clinton went too far left early in his presidency?   Clinton got the message and he changed course. Not this guy.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Yep I remember it, Hillary and Al Gore were driving it... I heard rumors from friends that were still there that the arguments were legendary.... Bill understood the presidency the other two did not... It's NOT a political office... you HAVE to hang up the politics when you walk thru that door, they can guide you but they cannot dictate to you... No president since Bill has understood that.... pretty much everyone prior, (with the exception of Jimmy Carter perhaps) did though...

The presidency is bigger than one man...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.2    2 years ago

When you think about it, Bill Clinton was the only moderate democratic president in our lifetimes.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
1.1.4  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago
Clinton got the message and he changed course. Not this guy.

Democrats have simply gotten overconfident in their ability to control the message, because they have been given a pass for so long. Don't get me wrong, they still have the ability to control the message. But, on display is the democrat arrogance in believing that whatever message they want to send out will be accepted all of the time. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Transyferous Rex @1.1.4    2 years ago

They only have two modes: gaslighting and cancel culture

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Transyferous Rex @1.1.4    2 years ago

The only modes alleged conservatives and republicans have are projection, deflection, and denial.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    2 years ago

Oh, that reminds me.....some of them spill the beans

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

It would be very interesting to find out the identity of people in the cabal pulling his strings that’s for sure.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.8    2 years ago

We don't know for sure, but the big giveaway was who showed up after the beans were spilled. It's not a big surprise.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    2 years ago

Can you please define "alleged conservatives". Honest question, no snarkiness or sarcasm intended.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Jack_TX  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    2 years ago
Seems like Biden is almost single handedly managing to alienate almost every special interest group that helped get him elected in the first place.

Nah.  He's got all sorts of help.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Jack_TX  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.2    2 years ago
Bill understood the presidency the other two did not.

Bill understood the epic ass-whipping in 1994.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.13  Nowhere Man  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.12    2 years ago

And they forgot the "Shellackin" (Obama's word) they got in 2010 for their policies and how they went about it....

Joe Bidens policies = Obama's policies on steroids' (or better put, what Obama wanted to do but couldn't cause of the 2010 midterms)

It's shaping up to be another "shellackin" and extended one much worse than 2010 for the democrats...

What's different this time? In 2010 the democrats were all bought in and rolling forward with great anticipation, not realizing as they are wont for how they were about to have their political butts tanned by the voters... Exposed just how out of touch they really were, what Obama was voted into office for is not what he provided... He wanted to fundamentally change this nation... and the people directly responded....

Today, the democrats remembering what happened to them in 2010, are leaving at least those who don't want to go through it again... this means they are not all bought in like they were in 2010... Biden was elected as a supposed uniter, a moderate who would bring the two sides together, but it's clear now, he isn't that... what he is is "Fundamental Change 2.0" which means the democrats didn't learn their lesson from the last time they tried the Fundamental Change Doctrine....

And the democrats from 12 years ago, want no part of it.... Obama said that the people were frustrated with the pace of recovery as the reason, I wonder how frustrated they are with the economy going straight into the tank the moment Joe took office....

I say, it will be an extended shellackin this time, since they sure as hell didn't listen the first time....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.10    2 years ago

Nope, not for you.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.14    2 years ago

I should have known a civil answer to a civil question was too much to expect. Now I'm pretty sure the answer to my question was no.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.15    2 years ago

Don't kid yourself.  

Too much, too little, too late Ed.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

One year ago today, as Joe Biden was about to assume the presidency, 49 percent of Americans described themselves as democrats. That according to the Gallup organization.

Today, 42 percent cop to being Dems. While self-described Republicans rose from 40 to 47 percent. So, all you math majors, that is an incredible swing in 12 months.

The reason is twofold. President Biden is a public policy disaster, and progressive leadership in the states is literally killing people.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

An absolutely amazing turnaround in a year.  

It's staggering how quickly Democratic leaders destroy good will with their inept leadership. Just like Obama did in 2009.  It doesn't matter how much the media praises you and props you up, the rubber eventually hits the road.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

For all those who thought those crazy things happening on campus would never happen in the real world, 2021 will always be a watershed year!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4  Dulay    2 years ago
Polling by Gallup now shows that the democratic party is losing members.

Actually, it doesn't. 

Gallup would have had to ask the SAME people in the first and fourth quarter for that to be true.

Since the data is 'based on aggregated data from all U.S. Gallup telephone surveys in 2021' it isn't. 

BTW, I'm a Gallup member and have participated in their surveys for decades. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4    2 years ago

I'm sorry to hear it.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

Why, you're relying on opinions like mine for your seed...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.1    2 years ago

Do you know why?  Because I think that you are the best spokesperson the left has.

All kidding aside. You are their best! I don't care about the other democrats in the survey.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

I know many Democrats that are far better spokesman than I Vic. Many of them truly grassroots, boots on the ground people. 

Maybe you just need to get out more. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.3    2 years ago
I know many Democrats that are far better spokesman than I Vic.

Mark Green or John Kenneth Galbraith?  I think you are being modest.

Many of them truly grassroots, boots on the ground people. 

I haven't found such people.

Maybe you just need to get out more. 

Maybe I'm not going to the right places?

Three votes for the insult. I hope that's not a sample of grassroot democrats.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago
I haven't found such people.

Maybe you just need to get out more. Hell, Boston is chock full of them. 

Three votes for the insult. I hope that's not a sample of grassroot democrats.

If you felt insulted Vic [ridiculous], you should have flagged my comment instead of replying to it. 

Oh and BTFW, I never claimed to be a grassroots Democrat. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.5    2 years ago
Hell, Boston is chock full of them. 

Boston has many varieties of democrat. Progressive is not one of them.

If you felt insulted Vic [ridiculous], you should have flagged my comment instead of replying to it. 

Flag the old wordsmith? NEVER!

Oh and BTFW, I never claimed to be a grassroots Democrat.

Would it be safe to say that you are in the AOC camp?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.1.3    2 years ago

Four votes for the truth.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    2 years ago

She knows how to make a case, not always a worthy one, but I give her an A for delivery!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    2 years ago
Boston has many varieties of democrat. Progressive is not one of them.

Well since I didn't say anything about 'Progressives', that's irrelevant. 

Flag the old wordsmith? NEVER!

Why lie? You've flagged me plenty. 

Would it be safe to say that you are in the AOC camp?

No. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.9    2 years ago
Well since I didn't say anything about 'Progressives', that's irrelevant. 

Touche!

Why lie? You've flagged me plenty. 

The only time I flagged you is when you used to capitalize the word YOU. And it was on very few occasions btw.

No.

How do you see yourself?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.10    2 years ago
And it was on very few occasions btw.

Thanks for admitting that your 'NEVER' was bullshit. 

How do you see yourself?

Your worst nightmare. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.11    2 years ago
Thanks for admitting that your 'NEVER' was bullshit. 

I was speaking of the future.

Your worst nightmare. 

Lol. Nicely played!  That was like an open net for you!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

Me too!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4    2 years ago
Gallup would have had to ask the SAME people in the first and fourth quarter for that to be true.

The shifts in party affiliation in each quarter of 2021 were apparent in both the percentage identifying with each party and the percentage of independents leaning to each party, but with more changes among leaners than identifiers.

Between the first and fourth quarters, the percentage of Democratic identifiers decreased by two points, while the percentage of Democratic-leaning independents dropped five points. Republican identification increased by three points from the beginning to the end of 2021, while Republican leaners increased by four points."

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

It means nothing in the aggregate. 

Their methodology doesn't support your claim that either party is gaining or 'losing members' Vic.

It merely shows that a 'randomly sampled' group from the first quarter has different party affiliation that the 'randomly sampled' group from the second quarter. They then COMBINED the data [aggregated] and came up with the percentages you hang your hat on. 

Deal with it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2.1    2 years ago

It was a 14 point swing. Isn't that a fire alarm for the democratic party?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.2    2 years ago
It was a 14 point swing. Isn't that a fire alarm for the democratic party?

You're deflecting. The poll doesn't support your posit. PERIOD. 

Again, where did you get 14 from? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2.3    2 years ago
Again, where did you get 14 from? 

Post 4.3.8

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.4    2 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Dulay @4.2.5    2 years ago

To sum up...the Dems are rapidly losing favor..

Especially among independents. Deal with it... or not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.6    2 years ago
o sum up...the Dems are rapidly losing favor.. Especially among independents. Deal with it... or not.

Democrats won't have a choice to deal with it when the independents turn against them in the midterms.

It's going to get ugly, very ugly, for the Democratic Party.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.6    2 years ago

Thank you for your unsubstantiated opinion. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.8    2 years ago
Thank you for your unsubstantiated opinion. 

Oh, are we pretending the polls don't say what they say now?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.2.8    2 years ago

Thank you for your completely erroneous opinion.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.10    2 years ago
Thank you for your completely erroneous opinion.

Nope, not an iota of substantiation for Gregs comment or yours. 

Tell me Sparty, do you ever intend on posting anything meritorious? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    2 years ago
are we pretending the polls don't say what they say now?

It's high comedy. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.2.11    2 years ago

Wrong again on all accounts.

Amazing!

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.14  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.11    2 years ago
Tell me Sparty, do you ever intend on posting anything meritorious? 

Tell us, Dulay. Do you ever intend on posting something other than snarky, condescending bullshit just so you can get the last word?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.15  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.14    2 years ago
Tell us, Dulay. Do you ever intend on posting something other than snarky, condescending bullshit just so you can get the last word?

Tell ME bugsy, do you think that posting the equivalent to 'I know what you are, what am I' is a good look for you? 

BTFW, I couldn't care less about your opinion of my comments

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.16  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.15    2 years ago

Yep, just as I thought.

Gotta have the last word.

Very important to you,

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @4    2 years ago
Actually, it doesn't.

Lol..

If nothing else, you make creatively absurd arguments. [deleted]

42 is less than 49. Or do you want to dispute that too?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3    2 years ago

What concerns me is all those survey votes over the decades!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3    2 years ago

Must be the new math ....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    2 years ago

It’s just more empirical evidence of how far off “polls” can be.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.3    2 years ago

In this case there is a 14 point swing in enthusiasm by card carrying democrats after many months of left wing rule. I have a feeling Marx was wrong....again!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.4    2 years ago
In this case there is a 14 point swing in enthusiasm by card carrying democrats after many months of left wing rule.

Where'd you get 14 from Vic? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.6  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.3    2 years ago
It’s just more empirical evidence of how far off “polls” can be.

That shoots down the relevance of this seed. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.3.5    2 years ago

Some folks make stuff up as they go along.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.5    2 years ago

Mathematics. Seven points going down for dems vs 7 points going up for Republicans = a 14 point swing.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.8    2 years ago

So, you are utterly ignoring the data on independents and assuming that Democrats became Republicans.  

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.3.9    2 years ago

No decent Democrat would ever turn republican.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.11  Dulay  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.10    2 years ago

Not true. My beloved Momma voted for Kennedy AND Nixon, TWICE!

She was forgiven long ago.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.9    2 years ago

I never assumed they became Republicans. They may have. I'm just stating that the democratic party became too radical for them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.11    2 years ago

Did she ever explain her conversion?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.14  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.6    2 years ago

Which shoots down the relevance of all Gallup poll votes

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.12    2 years ago

Then WHY did you ADD the Democratic drop to the Republican party Vic? 

Seriously, that comment is bullshit. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.16  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.15    2 years ago

Keep spinning, the news is so bad it’s all you got.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.17  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.13    2 years ago

Yes, my father's RW influence. 

She divorced the bastard in 73. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.18  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3    2 years ago
If nothing else, you make creatively absurd arguments.

Yet instead of refuting them, you post snarky BS. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.19  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.16    2 years ago
Keep spinning, the news is so bad it’s all you got.

Obtuse. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.3.20  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    2 years ago

You mean the ones that were circular filed because the answers did not gel with the people that commissioned said poll?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.21  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.19    2 years ago

Wrong, the truth is never obtuse.

Never.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.22  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.21    2 years ago

'The truth' didn't post that comment, you did. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.17    2 years ago
Yes, my father's RW influence.  She divorced the bastard in 73. 

I'm sorry to hear that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.15    2 years ago
Then WHY did you ADD the Democratic drop to the Republican party Vic? 

Because as democrats lost 7 points, Republicans gained 7 points.  It's not surprising. The "rank & file "  (as Jimmy Hoffa might say) found themselves in a socialistic party, rather than the party many of them grew up in.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.25  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.22    2 years ago
The truth' didn't post that comment, you did. 

Sophomoric comments like that don’t change a thing.    The truth is still the truth no matter how much it hurts the triggered.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.26  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.23    2 years ago

That actually explains a lot.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.26    2 years ago

I do feel bad. It is the kids that suffer.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.28  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.27    2 years ago

No doubt about it.    Lots of shitty parents out there.    It ain’t easy most of the time.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.29  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.25    2 years ago

See the question @ 4.2.11.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.30  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.26    2 years ago

Really Sparty? Since you're obviously not replying to the content of Vic's comment, you must be commenting on his block quote of MY comment.

IMHO, it's a cowardly practice. 

But I'll bite. 

Do tell, what are you implying that my comment explains 'a lot' about? Be specific. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.31  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.27    2 years ago

The 'kids' suffer living with an abuser far more than living without one Vic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.32  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.3.31    2 years ago

An abuser is an extreme problem. I'm glad your mother found a way out.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.33  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.30    2 years ago
IMHO, it's a cowardly practice.

Nah, but real cowardice is coming on here and posting BS partisan propaganda day after day.    Newsflash, BS like that changes no one’s opinion so you are just wasting your time.

But I'll bite.  Do tell, what are you implying that my comment explains 'a lot' about? Be specific.

Be happy to tell you via PN if you really want to know.     Just ask for my opinion on the matter via PN and I’ll be happy to tell you.   As always, Sparty aims to please.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.34  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.33    2 years ago
Nah, but real cowardice is coming on here and posting BS partisan propaganda day after day.    

Yet instead of refuting what you allege is BS, you make snarky, cowardly and juvenile posts. 

Newsflash, BS like that changes no one’s opinion so you are just wasting your time.

Newsflash, your opinion is irrelevant to my participation on this forum.

Be happy to tell you via PN if you really want to know.     Just ask for my opinion on the matter via PN and I’ll be happy to tell you.   As always, Sparty aims to please.

What would you say in PN that you can't share here in this thread Sparty? Why hide?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.35  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.33    2 years ago

PN's are not supposed to be used for nasty exchanges. Please keep that in mind.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.36  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.34    2 years ago

Lol .... you are missing the button you think you found.    Badly.    It might be a good time to remind you that I could care less what you think.

Now, let me know if you really want my opinion via PN and I’ll be happy to give it to you.    You asked, don’t be afraid now ...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.37  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.36    2 years ago
Lol .... you are missing the button you think you found.    Badly.  

WTF are you blathering about now Sparty? 

It might be a good time to remind you that I could care less what you think.

DITTO. 

Now, let me know if you really want my opinion via PN and I’ll be happy to give it to you.    You asked, don’t be afraid now ...

I asked you to post it HERE, in this thread, do so, don't be afraid now...

OH WAIT, so what you were implying is merely based on your utterly unfounded and unsubstantiated opinion? Never mind then. That renders it unworthy of any more of my time. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3.38  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.10    2 years ago

"No decent Democrat would ever turn republican." 

Decent democrat is an oxymoron

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.39  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3.38    2 years ago

That’s for sure, especially now on the one year mourning over the idiot let’s go Brandon!  occupying the fake oval Office.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.40  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.3.37    2 years ago

Lol .... another swing and a miss ..... you are dismissed.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.41  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.40    2 years ago

Delusions of grandeur. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.42  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.14    2 years ago

I didn't pick the pollster, Vic did. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Dulay @4    2 years ago

Then you know who Dick Worthlin was right?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4.3  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.4.1    2 years ago

Another cowardly comment. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.4  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.4.3    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.5  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.4.3    2 years ago

Lol ... you just accused a combat Corpsman of cowardice.    You are now in the early lead for the most ignorant comment of 2022.

congats!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.4.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.5    2 years ago

You are now in the early lead for the most ignorant comment of 2022.

congats!

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.4.7  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.5    2 years ago

pffft, insurrectionist supporting trumpsters don't count anymore...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.8  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.4.6    2 years ago

Which is simply more empirical evidence supporting my comment.  

Thx Hal .....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.9  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @4.4.7    2 years ago

See 4.4.8 .... apply liberally, lather, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.4.10  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.8    2 years ago

What’s a congat anyways?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4.11  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.5    2 years ago

So your posit is that he should get a pass for his conduct HERE and NOW? 

Ridiculous.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.12  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.4.11    2 years ago

Nope, what is ridiculous though is your interpretation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.4.13  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.4.10    2 years ago
What’s a congat anyways?

proof of the overall lack of intelligence in those that think they have all the answers.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.14  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.5    2 years ago

No passes for combat veterans behaving in ways unbecoming of officers or gentleman...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.15  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @4.4.14    2 years ago
unbecoming of officers or gentleman...

Lol .... like the left wing mafia here could judge such a thing.

That said, Navy Corpman are not officers.    If you knew that perhaps you could begin to truly understand such concepts but alas you don’t and likely never will .....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.16  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @4.4.13    2 years ago

More sophomoric drivel from my left wing fan base ...... yawn ....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.4.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.16    2 years ago

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf but let it go. As it is they are wasted on those that have little or no clue and obviously their comments prove it. I have those folks on ignore so I have no idea what they are saying except for what others repeat and really don't care.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4.18  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.12    2 years ago

Oh, then please do enlighten me Sparty.

If you were NOT implying that he should get a pass for his comment because of his PAST accomplishments, WHAT was your intention of pointing out that he was a combat Corpman and claiming that, because of that, my comment deserves an award for ignorance?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4.19  Dulay  replied to  Dulay @4.4.18    2 years ago

Silence ensues. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    2 years ago

As predicted, Democrats winning control of the Senate was the worst possible outcome for Democrats.  Democrats lost the 2020 election at the Federal level by winning.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Nerm_L @5    2 years ago

Winning ...... barely .... in a presidential election year they should have cleaned up.    2020 was simply the beginning of the woodshed beating coming in 2022.

They’ve more or less insured that by how they’ve tried to legislate since nov 2020.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @5    2 years ago

There was an article in the National Review that made a similar argument. I think the title was the Republicans picked the right time to lose.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 years ago
Republicans picked the right time to lose.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.2.1    2 years ago

Thank you Sir....Charles Cooke from the University of Oxford. Nice Article.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6  Mark in Wyoming     2 years ago

I think i will be kind to President Biden  for just a moment.

yes he is the face of the party and the current administration , and because of the dictum from trumans tenure  of the buck stops here, he will get the lions share of criticism, and blame , and as we all do realize sometimes the president can be their own worst enemy , my proof of that , one name , TRUMP., i tend to remind myself that not only is the president dealing with their own party , but the opposition and those not affiliated with either .

History is going to show that there will be others that are to blame as well , and mostly its going to be those movers in the legislature both of the opposition and within his own party that have agendas that neither align with or are compatible to the needs or desires of the majority of the voting population and neither party is actually the true majority they both need those non affiliated voters  to squeak by ..  

i would say at the 1 year mark , it is very apparent that the honeymoon period is over  and there really isnt much to show for it .

I remember a year ago being snickered ,and laughed at and derided , for passing the comment that when reublicans are in control of both the executive and legislative branch , it is heralded with incompetence , and at the same time when it is reversed and democrats have the same situation , they end up with the inevitable over reach without the needed support .

SSDD as far as im concerned .

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
6.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6    2 years ago

100% agreement Mark....

Republicans being 100% in control next to nothing gets done, heck very little actually gets agreed upon much less actually done...

Democrats being 100% in control can agree only after secret sessions to decide, but what they decide on is usually built upon huge leaps of rationalizations on what they decide what the people wanted was, (usually wrong)

This was a waste of a year...

Your right, SSDD...

So why do we let them control us with fear....

Yep honeymoon over and the pres didn't get any...

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Democrats allowing the wing nuts on the far left to take over the party is killing the party. Funny how Biden was elected to "stop the crazy" and bring the country together as a moderate yet has obviously had his oatmeal spiked so he just mumbles along as the far left takes the party over. And most of the moderate democrats just sit by in silence afraid to do anything about it. Well they get what the deserve.