╌>

Texas DA to file a motion dismissing murder charge in 'self-induced' abortion case

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  2 years ago  •  89 comments

By:   Cady Stanton, USA TODAY

Texas DA to file a motion dismissing murder charge in 'self-induced' abortion case
"The issues surrounding this matter are clearly contentious, however based on Texas Law and the facts presented, it is not a criminal matter."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Texas district attorney said Sunday that he will file a motion Monday to dismiss a murder charge against a woman who was arrested in "the death of an individual by self-induced abortion.

The Starr County Sheriff's Office arrested Lizelle Herrera, 26, on Thursday, outraging abortion rights advocates.

"In reviewing applicable Texas law, it is clear that Ms. Herrera cannot and should not be prosecuted for the allegation against her," County District Attorney Gocha Allen Ramirez wrote in a news release Sunday. 

It is unclear whether Herrera was accused of having a self-induced abortion or whether she helped someone else get an abortion, and the sheriff's office did not say under which law Herrera was charged.

In a statement to The Associated Press, the sheriff's office wrote that Herrera was charged after "intentionally and knowingly causing the death of an individual by a self-induced abortion." 

In the Sunday statement, Ramirez said the Starr County Sheriff's Office "did their duty" in investigating the incident, which was brought to the attention of authorities by a hospital in the area.

"Although with this dismissal Ms. Herrera will not face prosecution for this incident, it is clear to me that the events leading up to this indictment have taken a toll on Ms. Herrera and her family," he wrote. "The issues surrounding this matter are clearly contentious, however based on Texas Law and the facts presented, it is not a criminal matter."

Texas Senate Bill 8 was enacted in September, banning abortions after six weeks of pregnancy in a state that has the most restrictive abortion laws in the country. The law does not target pregnant people themselves for prosecution and instead is enforceable by private parties who may sue abortion providers who "aid and abet" women seeking abortions.

Herrera was held in the Starr County Jail in Rio Grande City on $500,000 bail until she was released after posting bond and secured legal counsel Saturday evening, according to La Frontera Fund, which is raising money on behalf of Herrera.

A small group of activists demonstrated Saturday outside the jail where she was held. 

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

I wouldn't mind knowing the name of the hospital employee who thought that calling the police on Ms. Herrera was a good idea.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

What would you do after learning the name.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    2 years ago

I'd find out what church the snitch goes to and re-gift some type of temporary mental anguish.

Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    2 years ago
What would you do after learning the name.

Let karma do its thing.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    2 years ago

Is karma your version of a sky fairy?

Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    2 years ago
I'd find out what church the snitch goes to and re-gift some type of temporary mental anguish.

Hello karma! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    2 years ago
Is karma your version of a sky fairy?

If you have a point, please make it.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.5    2 years ago

pffft, good luck with that.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.5    2 years ago

Not a point, a question.  I’m surprised that you missed the punctuation mark that I used, “?”. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.7    2 years ago

two more deflections should put you right back on topic.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.1.8    2 years ago

Deflections?  SMAAB needed clarification 1.1.5.

Professor Guide
1.1.10  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.7    2 years ago
Not a point, a question.  I’m surprised that you missed the punctuation mark that I used, “?”. 

I missed nothing.  I don't know what a 'sky fairy' has to do with karma, which is why my veiled smart-ass-o-meter was pinging 7 out of 10.   However, if you feel I have misinterpreted your interaction with me on this seed, then I apologize. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.11  pat wilson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.10    2 years ago
veiled smart-ass-o-meter

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.10    2 years ago
veiled smart-ass-o-meter was pinging 7 out of 10.

Is there why I tell you to go spank yourself? If not, then I guess I have to spank myself

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    2 years ago

I know very well that karma exists in my case for an event in my life.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.15  1stwarrior  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    2 years ago

The law . . . is enforceable by private parties who may sue abortion providers who "aid and abet" women seeking abortions.

That is called BS - private parties DO NOT have standing as they do not/have not suffered from the action.

Friggin' idiots.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.16  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.10    2 years ago

You're wearing this today????

Professor Guide
1.1.17  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.12    2 years ago
If not, then I guess I have to spank myself

Don't be silly!  I'll be right there...  jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.17    2 years ago

Oh thank God! I hate spanking myself

Professor Guide
1.1.19  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.16    2 years ago
You're wearing this today????

How did you know?  Can you see me?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.18    2 years ago

Oh thank God! I hate spanking myself

Giggity. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised it that name will be on a civil suit against Herrera. That's how Senate Bill 8 works. 

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dulay @1.2    2 years ago
I wouldn't be surprised it that name will be on a civil suit against Herrera.

I hope not.  She's been through enough.  You're probably right, though.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dulay @1.2    2 years ago

The law specifically exempts the person who is getting the abortion from being sued. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.3  pat wilson  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.2    2 years ago

Both criminally and civilly ?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.2    2 years ago

The law specifically exempts the woman who is getting the abortion from being prosecuted too.

That didn't stop them from arresting her, putting her in jail and demanding a $500,000 bond for her release. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  pat wilson @1.2.3    2 years ago

Yes.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    2 years ago

She wasn’t arrested for violation of the Senate Bill 8.  She was arrested in the Dem stronghold of Rio Grande City for murder.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.7  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.6    2 years ago

The law she was charged under is Texas law!

A law that is just being implemented. Badly...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.2.7    2 years ago

A law that is just being implemented. Badly

I think that District Attorney Gocha Ramirez is a rookie.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.6    2 years ago
She wasn’t arrested for violation of the Senate Bill 8.  

Really? Please post a link that supports your claim. 

Per the Sheriff, "Herrera was charged after "intentionally and knowingly causing the death of an individual by a self-induced abortion."

She was arrested in the Dem stronghold of Rio Grande City for murder.

WTF does party affiliation have to do with it? Please be specific. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dulay @1.2.9    2 years ago

Really? Please post a link that supports your claim. 

“Herrera was arrested and served with an indictment on the charge of Murder after Herrera did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause the death of an individual by self-induced abortion,” Delgado said.

Per the Sheriff, "Herrera was charged after "intentionally and knowingly causing the death of an individual by a self-induced abortion."

Yes, charged with murder, not SB 8.  See above.

WTF does party affiliation have to do with it? Please be specific.

I found it interesting and perhaps surprising to those here and think only repubs do stupid stuff.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.10    2 years ago
Delgado said

Which fails to support your claim since it doesn't state the statute that she WAS arrested under.

I found it interesting and perhaps surprising to those here and think only repubs do stupid stuff.

Huh?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

Maybe as a mandated reporter the employee had to do that…

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    2 years ago

No, the employee did not. No crime was committed. There is no mandate to report non-crimes.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.3.2  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    2 years ago

This isn't Russia, yet.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.3  devangelical  replied to  pat wilson @1.3.2    2 years ago

pffft, why does it seem like every 400-500 years we need to stuff the stinking crusaders back in their place...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.3    2 years ago
every 400-500 years

Wow how many reincarnations have you had?  What crusade was underway in 1550?

Professor Guide
1.3.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    2 years ago
Maybe as a mandated reporter the employee had to do that…

Mandated reporter of what, exactly?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.3.5    2 years ago

Perhaps he's thinking of child abuse...which abortion is not child abuse

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    2 years ago
"In reviewing applicable Texas law, it is clear that Ms. Herrera cannot and should not be prosecuted for the allegation against her," County District Attorney Gocha Allen Ramirez wrote in a news release Sunday. 

Outstanding. It’s always nice to see a DA behave like a human being.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    2 years ago

The gop in Texas keeps blowing itself up...

original

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3    2 years ago

The gop in Texas keeps doing this to themselves.

The Starr County DA is a Dem that ran unopposed. Rio Grande City is a Dem stronghold.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1    2 years ago

No, it was the dumbass gop Texass legislature that passed the dumbass Texass law that she was charged under! And, you are too smart to be playing at coy so gawdamn obviously...

Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 years ago
It was the Texas gop legislature passed the law...

Wouldn't it be nice if this November we could turn this state into a lovely shade of blue?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 years ago

It was the Texas gop legislature passed the law...

This case never had anything to do with Texas Senate Bill 8.  I thought you meant the bogus arrest.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    2 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice if this November we could turn this state into a lovely shade of blue?

We?  JBB lives in NYC, do you live in Texas?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.4    2 years ago

JBB can support Democrats in Texas from NY.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JBB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    2 years ago

Wait until women who suffer miscarriages at home and do not legally report or medically document them start being charged with murder after being reported under the law!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    2 years ago

Let us know who your supporting.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.7    2 years ago

You're. I will send a check to the Democrats running for Governor and Senate plus other Democratic candidates who are viable.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.8    2 years ago

[deleted]

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.10  GregTx  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.9    2 years ago

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  GregTx @3.1.10    2 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
3.1.12  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.4    2 years ago
We?  JBB lives in NYC, do you live in Texas?

'We' includes anyone interested in helping Greg Abbott find another line of work.

Now, what are your thoughts regarding the seeded article and/or Ms. Herrera's dilemma? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.12    2 years ago

I was surprised that she was originally charged.  Good to see that the DA came to his senses. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3    2 years ago
The gop in Texas keeps blowing itself up...

Damn, since no Democrat has won a state-wide election in Texas since 1994, do you honestly believe what you wrote?

Why?

Facts tell the rest of the world a far different, truer story.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    2 years ago

Lol and when ONE finally manages to win.    to the triggered left, Texas will be blue ..... jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    2 years ago
Lol and when ONE finally manages to win.    to the triggered left, Texas will be blue ....

Hell, some idiots are still convinced that Texas has turned purple despite the facts.

I remember when media darling Wendy Davis with her little tennis shoes was going to turn it all around, only to get shellacked even worse than the previous Democrat running for Governor did.

Professor Guide
3.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    2 years ago
Facts tell the rest of the world a far different, truer story.

Thank you for not posting your 'facts' here, dear.  It wouldn't be appropriate.  I do, however, look forward to reading what you have to say when you post your own article/seed.

Professor Guide
3.2.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    2 years ago

Thank you for your comment and cute little wink.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.3    2 years ago
Thank you for not posting your 'facts' here, dear.  It wouldn't be appropriate.

Already posted my facts, and they were in line with what the poster stated.

You're welcome!

Professor Guide
3.2.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.5    2 years ago
Already posted my facts

I can't seem to locate your 'facts' or their corresponding links.  Please point those out.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.4    2 years ago

You’re most welcome.    Now report it if if not already done.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.6    2 years ago
I can't seem to locate your 'facts' or their corresponding links.  Please point those out.

[ Deleted ]

The facts I pointed out was pretty clear in post 3.2, but if they remain a mystery, just let me know and I'll clue you in!

Here are some links, too!!!

Will Democrats win any state offices this year? | khou.com

Party control of Texas state government - Ballotpedia

Texas Democrats Ponder How They Will Ever Win - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Republicans dominate Texas politics despite the state's changing demographics : NPR

I did my best to get you a variety of sources in case one or more are unacceptable to you.

You're welcome!

Professor Guide
3.2.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.8    2 years ago

Thank you for the links.  I'll check them out and see if they match up to the posts you made in earlier comments.  It's an accepted practice to post the links in the same comment with any statements given as 'facts'.  Thank you in advance for doing so in the future.  

Please make your next comment count.  It will be the last one you make on this seed.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.9    2 years ago
Thank you for the links. 

You're welcome.

I'll check them out and see if they match up to the posts you made earlier.   

Of course. The only reason I didn't post them when I did my comment was because I kind of figured it was rather common knowledge by now.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Right Down the Center @4    2 years ago
Looks like we will be seeing alot of do it yourself abortion videos on youtube and they will have classes at Planned Parenthood.

Are there any Planned Parenthoods left in Texas?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    2 years ago

Yes.

Why wouldn't there be?

Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    2 years ago

Planned Parenthood's Mission Statement:

• Help people live full, healthy lives — no matter your income, insurance, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, or immigration status;

• Provide the high-quality inclusive and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care services all people need and deserve — with respect and compassion;

• Advocate for public policies that protect and expand reproductive rights and access to a full range of sexual and reproductive health care services, including abortion;

• Provide medically accurate education that advances the understanding of human sexuality, healthy relationships, and body autonomy;

• Promote research and technology that enhances reproductive health care and access.

Source

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.2    2 years ago

He asked if there were PPs in Texas, not their mission statement.

I told him there are, and asked why there wouldn't be.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    2 years ago
Why wouldn't there be?

Texas has been working against Planned Parenthood for a while now.  I was unsure how well they had succeeded.

Professor Guide
4.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    2 years ago
He asked if there were PPs in Texas. I told him there are, and asked why there wouldn't be.

Thanks for the re-cap?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.5    2 years ago

Sure, any time!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    2 years ago

Working against PP? Where did you hear that?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    2 years ago

Working against PP? Where did you hear that?

The news.  You may have heard of it.

Texas, for no apparent reason, removed Planned Parenthood from Medicaid.  A judge had blocked that law, but Texan successfully worked around that injunction and has removed Planned Parenthood.

Months before Texas’ near-total abortion ban went into effect in September, officials succeeded in their years-long effort to kick Planned Parenthood out of the state’s Medicaid program.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    2 years ago

You can't be serious! Google Texas Planned Parenthood and read the many articles going back 20 yrs about antiabortion gop in Texas trying to shut down TX Planned Parenthood.

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.1.10  Veronica  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.5    2 years ago
re-cap?

Or is it re-crap?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @4.1.9    2 years ago
You can't be serious! Google Texas Planned Parenthood and read the many articles going back 20 yrs about antiabortion gop in Texas trying to shut down TX Planned Parenthood.

It's almost like he doesn't read local Texas news.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.11    2 years ago

And yet, Planned Parenthood is in operation all over Texas.

The triggered factor is exponential on this one .....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.12    2 years ago

They may be, but since you live in Michigan how do you know? What Ozz is saying that TX removed PP from Medicaid

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.13    2 years ago
They may be, but since you live in Michigan how do you know?

I googled it, unlike others here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.12    2 years ago
And yet, Planned Parenthood is in operation all over Texas. The triggered factor is exponential on this one .....

Yeah, Texas has somehow not managed to close 42 PP locations in the state.

And why do some folks act as if any state HAS to support PP?

There are certainly alternatives to it, at least in Texas.

PP apparently is doing just fine in Texas, as the number of its locations would signify.

Anyone can go there anytime they are open and accepting patients.

I believe that PP should separate its abortion business. I don't think Texas would have been so gung-ho about removing it from their Medicaid list had PP done so. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.12    2 years ago
The triggered factor is exponential on this one .....

I can see that!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.15    2 years ago
Yeah, Texas has somehow not managed to close 42 PP locations in the state.

You may have noticed, but ignored because it did not match your narrative, that I never said they "CLOSED" PP locations.  I said that they were working 'AGAINST" Planned Parenthood.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.17    2 years ago
You may have noticed, but ignored because it did not match your narrative, that I never said they "CLOSED" PP locations.  I said that they were working 'AGAINST" Planned Parenthood.

I noticed. I read and know what your post is.

Do you realize the comment of mine you are quoting to me is to someone else?

No one here is arguing what you stated is not what you stated.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5  Steve Ott    2 years ago

"   Title 5, Chapter 19   of the Texas Penal Code, which deals with "criminal homicide." It defines "intentionally or knowingly" causing an individual's death as murder, a first-degree felony punishable by life in prison.

Crucially in this context, Chapter 19 says it "does not apply to the death of an unborn child if the conduct charged is…conduct committed by the mother of the unborn child.""

Someone didn't do their L1 homework.