╌>

Critics Mock GOP's Hunter Biden Slams In Wake Of Jared Kushner's $2 Billion Saudi Payday

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  2 years ago  •  78 comments

By:   Mary Papenfuss, HuffPost

Critics Mock GOP's Hunter Biden Slams In Wake Of Jared Kushner's $2 Billion Saudi Payday

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Mary Papenfuss

Mon, April 11, 2022, 11:01 PM

After relentless Republican  complaints about  Hunter Biden ’s international business work while his father was vice president, critics find it particularly rich that the Saudis invested a massive $2 billion in a  Jared Kushner  fund shortly after he left his senior adviser role in a Trump administration remarkably accommodating to the Saudis.

The money   dwarfs any income Hunter Biden is known to have earned   while on a Ukrainian energy company’s board while his father was Barack Obama’s vice president. And Hunter Biden couldn’t curry favor with any foreign entities with a powerful White House position like the one Kushner held, when   Donald Trump ’s son-in-law was supposed to be representing the American public and not his own interests.

“It’s just a   complete free-for-all ,” Walter Shaub, director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics in the Obama and Trump administrations, told Bloomberg. “The real concern here is that the public has no way of knowing exactly what favors someone like Kushner may have done for the Saudis.”

Kushner, a neophyte investment fund manager who was a real estate developer in his family’s business before Trump elevated him and wife Ivanka Trump to senior White House roles, reaped the massive reward even though a supervisory panel of the Saudi Arabian sovereign fund   had serious reservations about Kushner’s new private equity firm , The New York Times reported.

The panel was concerned about “inexperienced management” of the brand new fund and found several aspects of the business “unsatisfactory,” according to documents obtained by the Times.

But the panel’s reservations were overruled by Crown Prince   Mohammed bin Salman , a friend of Kushner’s and the recipient of significant Trump administration benefits.

This was the same man whom Trump — reportedly at Kushner’s prompting — staunchly defended after American intelligence said he was responsible for the horrific 2018 murder and dismemberment of Washington Post columnist   Jamal Khashoggi . Trump also approved a highly controversial multibillion-dollar arms deal to the country while the Saudis were dropping bombs on Yemeni civilians.

Attorney Daniel Goldman tweeted Monday: “I don’t want to hear another word about Hunter Biden. But I would like to hear about congressional investigations related to this investment” by the Saudis, he added.

Goldman was the lead counsel in the House impeachment inquiry against Trump after the then-president held up military aid to Ukraine while pressing President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to “do us a favor” and investigate Hunter Biden’s work in his country.

Economist Robert Reich , who was labor secretary in the Clinton administration, sniped: “After leaving the White House, Jared Kushner cashes in on being ‘foreign policy adviser’ to his father-in-law with a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince. Who wants to talk more about Hunter Biden’s lap top?”

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

Let's see Jared's laptop.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 years ago

This time they have Trump for sure!

Democrats should immediately launch another investigation of all things Trump!

It will only be the 4th or 5th one; this time they are bound to find something.

Economist Robert Reich , who was labor secretary in the Clinton administration, sniped: “ After leaving the White House, Jared Kushner cashes in on being ‘foreign policy adviser’ to his father-in-law with a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince.

After leaving the White House. Not while he was at the White House. Seems that dumb asses on the left don't know how pay for play works. This is no different than politicians on both sides golden parachuting into high paying lobbyist jobs and memberships on corporate boards after leaving office.

Democrats must be really desperate to deflect attention away from Brandon and his multitude of self inflicted crisis. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago
After leaving the White House. Not while he was at the White House.

I think he finagled his little gift for inflating the Saudi 2017 arms deal quite nicely.   

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

HIPPO CRIT !

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.2    2 years ago

Right back at you; unless you are calling for a special prosecutor to investigate Hunter and Joe Biden pay for play. That occurred when Joe was VP; and had tangible, traceable benefits for Hunter, Hunter's employers, and Joe Biden.

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.5  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

“…from Brandon…”

Just who is desperate to deflect? Have the balls to say his name and state your case…otherwise just crawl back into your hole. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago
After leaving the White House. Not while he was at the White House.

1st, he received the payment AFTER leaving the Whitehouse, that's not when he EARNED the payment.

2nd, when has Hunter Biden EVER been employed by the Whitehouse?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    2 years ago

You can think whatever you want.

Unless you are calling for every politician, government official, and staff member to be investigated and prosecuted for cashing in once they office or government work?

If you are I am all for it. Can't get the career politicians and government officials out of DC when they get rewarded and put right back into DC lobbying; and using their knowledge and clout on the next generation.

But the fact remains Kushner did the same damn thing both Democrats and Republicans have done for ages. Not what Hunter and Joe Biden did with their pay for play while Joe was VP.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.6    2 years ago
1st, he received the payment AFTER leaving the Whitehouse, that's not when he EARNED the payment.

Same as every damn career politician and government official on both sides of the aisle has. Don't hear you bitching about them. That includes the Bush duo; Clintons, and Obamas. As well as every member of Congress and White House officials that have taken high paying lobbyist or board positions on corporations, PACs, or special interests. Or took special speaking engagements for insane amounts of money.

2nd, when has Hunter Biden EVER been employed by the Whitehouse?

You really need to learn the definition of pay for play. Joe landed Hunter jobs he wasn't remotely qualified for; in return for Hunter getting his employers access to Joe while he was VP; and having Joe do favors them. Like forcing the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor that was investigating the company his son was working for; by threatening to withhold aid. 

Love the pearl clenching by the TDS driven. Won't hold Biden to any standards; "But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!" 

Professor Guide
1.1.9  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.8    2 years ago
like forcing the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor that was investigating the company his son was working for; by threatening to withhold aid. 

Verifiable link, please.

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.10  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago
This time they have Trump for sure!

Jared's last name is not Trump.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.8    2 years ago
Same as every damn career politician and government official on both sides of the aisle has.

That's a lie.  Please show documentation that every single politician and government official on both sides of the aisle have received billion dollar payments from foreign countries.

YOUR claim, so prove it!

P.S. Whataboutism is a very very poor defense.

You really need to learn the definition of pay for play.  Joe landed Hunter jobs he wasn't remotely qualified for

Apparently so do you.  That's not "pay for play" and there is no evidence of any "pay for play" between the 2.  However if you'd like to link to any evidence I would be happy to look at it.  BUT first look up the definition , to avoid looking silly with the links.

in return for Hunter getting his employers access to Joe while he was VP

Claims are worth about the same thing as the stuff you flush down the toilet, with no facts to back them up.

Like forcing the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor that was investigating the company his son was working for; by threatening to withhold aid. 

Trying to rewrite history again? 

Love the pearl clenching by the TDS driven.

Love the Trump defenders hypocritically accusing a democrat of what Trump and family had been doing for 4 years.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Hallux @1.1.10    2 years ago
Jared's last name is not Trump.

Very true but his last name is the same as the convicted crook, Charles Kushner.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.13  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.5    2 years ago
Have the balls to say his name and state your case…

He did...eloquently...You?

Not so much

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

Not to mention that he spent several years there getting to know the people of the Middle East and brokered peace and trade deals between Israel and several Islamic nations in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.  He helped build an Israeli Arab coalition against Iran.  Unlike Hunter, Kushner actually knew what he was doing and created something useful.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.14    2 years ago

So in other words, he did everything the Saudis wanted and got a big payday.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @1.1.15    2 years ago

No, he did what the President of the United States wanted.  The Saudis were not initially receptive of the proposal but warmed to it over time and watching what the then President did in the Middle East.  The Saudis likely would also have signed the Abrahamic accords too by now had Trump remained President.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.16    2 years ago

And don't tell me, Russia would never have invaded....

And don't forget selling the Saudis military weapons.

What did donald do in the middle east? So it was all donald and nothing to do with Jared?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @1.1.17    2 years ago

I thought Jared was going to bring peace to the Middle East

Just another member of the trump crime family and former criminal enterprise of an 'administration'

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.19  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.18    2 years ago
I thought Jared was going to bring peace to the Middle East

Which countries in the Middle East are at war again?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.16    2 years ago
No, he did what the President of the United States wanted.

Then why are they paying him if he was just doing his job?  Bribery???

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 years ago

HuffPo

Nothing to see here.

That's the correct leftist response, right???

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

278400286_10227241661768832_3136678806243305896_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5u9cz_QlBtkAX9DeD2z&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-Xe-ih_VJBdIP3kDQq1lfutlK2k09VbFxNwTX9M7UvEQ&oe=625BA04A

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago

256   Funny how it is the liberals that are constantly trying to silence people with differing opinions by screaming "disinformation" from the mountain tops.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    2 years ago

Funny how it is the liberals that are constantly trying to silence people with differing opinions by screaming "disinformation" from the mountain tops.

If the differing opinion has no basis in fact is the liberal just supposed to shut his/her mouth? I don't think free speech is supposed to work that way.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago

This occurs when some populist pied piper rounds up the stupid rats who gather their torches and pitchforks and swarm whatever target their master points them at.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    2 years ago

I wish I could actually remove that meme.  It sends the  wrong message with that pile of shits picture on iton it

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Just another sad attempt of the Huff Post to project, deny and deflect.  To be expected.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago

i believe Hunter Biden was wrong in avoiding conflict of interest with his father being Vice POTUS. I also believe, though it doesnt look good, it was all most likelyin the lax Laws our Pols get to play by. 

And your thoughts on this totally blowing the fck up of a possible Hunter Biden potential conflict....

WTF would you classify this as ? Cause this is a nuclear explosion compared to a firecracker ! You have no problem with this, yet still think Hunter was the crime, even though nothing dso far, of the century.../  Please !

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    2 years ago

Since you ask I will tell you.   I think it is amusing how each side demonizes the other side yet ignores when their own side does something similar.  My feeling is if they (either person)did something illegal they should pay the price.  If they did something that is currently legal but lawmakers think it should be illegal then they have the ability to make it so instead of just complaining about it and then moving on to the next thing to complain about.

In this case the timing is funny that as soon as the Hunter thing starts taking root the Huff Post comes up with a "bombshell" from a few years ago in order to distract from Hunter.

As far as firecracker vs nuclear, oh come on, talk about melodramatic.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.1    2 years ago
As far as firecracker vs nuclear, oh come on, talk about melodramatic.

a couple million from one NOT IN OUR WHITEHOUSE, to TWO BILLION for ONE ACTUALLY LIVING IN OUR WHITEHOUSE IN THE DAMN ADMINISTRATION RUNNING MOST OF ITS AGENDAS !!!!

Right down the center my ass

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.2    2 years ago
Right down the center my ass

I don't think your ass has anything to do with it but thanks for all the capital letters, I didn't know how much you bought into the deflection before.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.3    2 years ago

is a CRACK

that it appears the 'right' and tiose right down the center are smoking...

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.4    2 years ago

So you missed where I said both people should be held accountable if they did something illegal.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

(deleted)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

So, yet another, "But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!" article.  And the blind partisanship that is to be expected when defending a crackhead and his Alzheimer patient father.  

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago

original

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago

It was semi amusing the first time it was posted, it hasn't aged well.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago

This was dumb the first time you posted it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.1.1    2 years ago

Spam never does age well

Professor Guide
5.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.4    2 years ago
Spam never does age well

Pardon the cliche' but, Dude...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago

Some people seem to have trouble concentrating on more than one thing at a time.  All that is needed is someone (or the Huff post) to say "look, there is something shiny over there!" and that is all they can focus on.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2    2 years ago

quite alluring you think, cause remember when "i just grab em by the pussy " came out, and suddenly Russia released Podestas hacked E-mails or something. 

a total joke, how can those railing against Hunter, not be pissed off ay THIS >??

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.1    2 years ago

You do realize some people can actually want both incidences to be looked into don't you?  It does not have to be one or the other.

As far as grab em by the pussy that is totally irrelevant to the kids doing anything illegal.  I think it has already been established that Donald is a crass blowhard. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.2.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.3    2 years ago
[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.2.5  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.4    2 years ago

“…Jeremy's razors…”

…perhaps Occam’s razor may allow for a closer shave…

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.2.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  afrayedknot @5.2.5    2 years ago

Maybe, but being retired I find I don't care about a close shave as when I was working.  At this point I am down to shaving once a week.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago
And the blind partisanship that is to be expected when defending a crackhead and his Alzheimer patient father.  

They really can't admit that someone on their side may have done something wrong.  It is actually sad to see people so detached from any kind of rational thinking.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3    2 years ago

What you all fail to see is Hunter is not 'on my side'.

He was not in the WH, was not an employee of the WH, did not have security clearance, did not see classified information...

I guess that is the difference between a couple of mil and a couple of bil.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3    2 years ago
'It is actually sad to see people so detached from any kind of rational thinking.'

Yes, it is.  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.1    2 years ago
I guess that is the difference between a couple of mil and a couple of bil.

There is always a "difference" when one side (Repub vs Dem) wants to rationalize why it is OK when they do something. Just as some people on the right say it is different because Joe was in the white house and Hunter was getting pay to play access to his father money since he sure was not qualified for the position he was payed for.

The thing is both sides may have a point and maybe both things should be looked into, not one looked into and one forgotten since is "different".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.3.1    2 years ago
He was not in the WH, was not an employee of the WH, did not have security clearance

So why is the left getting their panties in a wad then?  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.2    2 years ago
Yes, it is. 

indubitably

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3.3    2 years ago

What I said was the truth and in no way any rationalization.

I don't like Hunter and I think he is a scumbag. If he did anything wrong go after him.

Sounds to me he was using his fathers name to make a buck.

No matter what you all say that is still a lot different than someone inside the WH that was using backchannel to communicate.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.8  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.4    2 years ago

This 'lefty' is not. Go after Hunter all you want.

I have a sneaky feeling the only reason you all keep going after this is you think it will somehow come back to his father.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.6    2 years ago
I don't like Hunter and I think he is a scumbag. If he did anything wrong go after him. Sounds to me he was using his fathers name to make a buck.

You may be the exception to the rule.  I am talking more about the people that buy into "Attorney Daniel Goldman tweeted Monday: “I don’t want to hear another word about Hunter Biden" narrative.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.3.8    2 years ago

So you don't care it's just the rest of the mindless herd.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.11  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.8    2 years ago
I have a sneaky feeling the only reason you all keep going after this is you think it will somehow come back to his father.

Considering all the nepotism going on in Washington that no one seems to care about that may very well be the case.  That should not minimize the possible severity when you are talking about foreign governments and what they were getting for their money.  And yes, that does go for Kushner also.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.10    2 years ago

So no real dialogue from you, just insults as usual.

And I won't delete this just say sorry, I miss read your post.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3.11    2 years ago

I would think that anyone with half a brain should have known there is nothing to get from Hunter.

He fell into scumbag territory when he married his late brother's wife.

I think Joe's team is doing all they can to keep him away from the WH.

Unlike donald who brought them all in.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.13    2 years ago
I would think that anyone with half a brain should have known there is nothing to get from Hunter.

Maybe, maybe not.  It is the idea that so many people seem to assume there is nothing there so there should not be an investigation.  Why not let the investigation play out, if there ends up being nothing there than feel free to say you told them so.  Trying to shut it down only looks like there may be something to be afraid of.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3.14    2 years ago

I don't see anyone saying to shut it down...well there are probably some.

I say investigate away. All the scumbags in DC should probably be looked at.

Hell one state just now voted to impeach someone for misdeeds.

My personal opinion is these governments thought they could have a back channel to the VP and it didn't work because Hunter is an incompetent boob.

Jared got paid after he left the WH, almost like for services rendered.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.15    2 years ago
My personal opinion is these governments thought they could have a back channel to the VP and it didn't work because Hunter is an incompetent boob. Jared got paid after he left the WH, almost like for services rendered.

You may very well be right but as of now it is conjecture, it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out once they are investigated.  My only hope is that they are investigated completely and fairly.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.17  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.3.16    2 years ago

I guess my whole point of all this is I can't blame Joe for what his son did or didn't do, just like I can't, and I hate to say this, blame donald for what Jared did.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3.18  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.3.17    2 years ago

I can blame Trump if he knew about this and remained silent.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ender @5.3.17    2 years ago

Agree, unless Donald or Joe had a direct benefit from the actions or gave something so their kids could benefit.  I doubt we will ever know for sure

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.20  devangelical  replied to  Ender @5.3.8    2 years ago

meh, they're still trying to change the results of the last election their hero lost due to incompetence.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    2 years ago
 “The real concern here is that the public has no way of knowing exactly what favors someone like Kushner may have done for the Saudis.”

This is of course true for both Jared and Hunter, but at this point all we can really say is that it is "concerning". There is no smoking gun of actual pay for play in either case regardless of how many hundreds of Hunter Biden laptop seeds conservatives keep posting. Until they have any actual proof of a crime all we can say is that this type of behavior, getting paid huge sums from other governments that someone had previously had dealings with as a US government official stinks of quid quo pro, but if done by a family member or after leaving office, there's not much you can prove unless you have the tape of the conversation where they commit to doing a favor for the other party in exchange for cash or benefits.

It's not unlike the situation with Donald and Putin. We know for a fact that Putin intentionally helped Trump during the 2016 election. We know for a fact that the Trump campaign welcomed the help and were eager for any dirt the Russians could provide on their opponent. We know for a fact that before Trump was inaugurated Flynn discussed with the Russian ambassador delaying or canceling the Russian sanctions imposed for their meddling in the election.  We know for a fact the Trump administration delayed Russian sanctions for months soon after taking office. What we don't have is a tape of Trump telling Putin what he was willing to give for Putin's support.

So whether its Hunter or Jared or Donald, the fact is we should all be "concerned" with their actions, but we'll likely never have definitive proof of their criminal behavior. When you broker a $2 billion backroom deal you're probably pretty careful about not leaving any evidence of a crime or clumsy loose ends.

The real question is, should we still support politicians if we have "real concern" over their likely quid pro quo financial deals? Sadly, I believe this question gets answered along partisan lines, where conservatives have faith and trust in their politicians regardless of their ethical "concerns" and liberals and progressives often do the same. Then the two sides just bicker at one another claiming "Your guy is a criminal!" which is responded to with "No, your guy is a criminal!" , "Oh yeah, prove it!" , "No, you prove it!", which then quickly devolves into pointless back and forth memes.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    2 years ago

What a world where all they have to do is get the masses arguing back and forth, meanwhile, they get away with it.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    2 years ago

Agree.  It seems there has always been alot of nepotism in politics (as well as the private sector) that seems to be accepted.  I think bringing a foreign government or foreign money into it may bring it to a new level.  If there are no laws to help avoid even the optics of wrongdoing maybe it should be looked at.  Of course I am not sure exactly how that would be done since it may effect the very people that would have to write or vote for the law (kinda like term limits).  In the mean time as you say it is up to the individual as to what they accept as "business as usual" for themselves and as of right now that seems to go along party lines.  I wonder if the true independents care enough about it to change their vote, or if they just ignore it as white noise of the partisans.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Right Down the Center @6.2    2 years ago

Hunter has years and years of experience getting his hands dirty in Equity services with the Heinze's and other 

"well placed" individuals and rich families.  As  a lawyer, he's probably twice as guilty as charges that might come about

for his various investment funds which are all tax dodges.

Jared used to run his father's slum lord businesses in Baltimore and the Saudi's gave him 500 large to start

yet another equity firm in which he has no experience, just political connections?

smh

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.1    2 years ago