╌>

Michigan state Senator Mallory McMorrow calls out GOP bullshit, demonstrating for her party what true liberal fury looks like

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  91 comments

By:   The Editorial Board.

Michigan state Senator Mallory McMorrow calls out GOP bullshit, demonstrating for her party what true liberal fury looks like
A model for the Democrats.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A model for the Democrats.

Share this article

• Facebook
  • Twitter

Michigan state Senator Mallory McMorrow dressed down a GOP colleague who accused her of "grooming and sexualizing children in an attempt to marginalize me for standing up against her marginalizing the LGBTQ community in a fundraising email for herself."

Her speech on the Michigan Senate floor is important, because it provides a model for other Democrats who are now being accused or will be accused of [insert taboo thing involving kids and sex].

"I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom, who knows that the very notion that learning about slavery or redlining or systemic racism somehow means that children are being taught to feel bad or hate themselves because they are white is absolute nonsense."

First, the GOP came for Black and brown people. Then they came for LGBT-plus people. Now they are coming for white Democrats.

This one is fighting back.

She's demonstrating true liberal fury.

Here's how.

The Republicans, at state and federal levels, want us to see the Democrats not only as evil but that evil itself is Democratic.

That image gets muddied up, however, when a Democrat like Senator McMorrow makes plain that she's as "straight, white, Christian, married [and] suburban" as any Republican trying to smear her.

How can evil itself be Democratic when this Democrat (at least) is so very similar to Republicans who are claiming to be oh-so-concerned for the innocent innocence of innocent kids? Is evil Republican, too?

McMorrow has no name recognition that I know of, but she might garner some if her speech becomes a model for Democrats in Washington who are searching for ways to respond to the GOP.

As a "straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom," McMorrow stands at the center of power in this country. That she's using her status - that she's declaring that she's using her status - in the service of everyone standing on the outside of the center of power in this country is another thing Democrats at the federal level can copy.

Here's the text followed by audio of her.

Thank you, Mr. President.

I didn't expect to wake up yesterday to the news that the senator from the 22nd district [state Senator Lana Theis] had overnight accused me by name of grooming and sexualizing children in an email fundraising for herself. So I sat on it for a while wondering why me.

Then I realized [it's] because I am the biggest threat to your [Theis's] hollow hateful scheme, because you can't claim that you are targeting marginalized kids in the name of quote parental rights if another parent is standing up to say no.

So then what?

Then you dehumanize and marginalize me. You say that I'm one of them. You say, "She's a groomer. She supports pedophilia. She wants children to believe that they were responsible for slavery. And to feel bad about themselves because they're white."

Well, here's a little bit of background about who I really am.

Growing up, my family was very active in our church. I sang in the choir. My mom taught CCD. One day our priest called a meeting with my mom and told her that she was not living up to the church's expectations and that she was disappointing.

My mom asked why. Among other reasons, she was told it was because she was divorced. And because the priest didn't see her at Mass every Sunday. So where was my mom on Sundays?

She was at the soup kitchen with me.

My mom taught me at a very young age that Christianity and faith was about being part of a community, about recognizing our privilege and blessings and doing what we can to be of service to others, especially people who are marginalized, targeted and who had less often unfairly.

I learned this service was far more important than performative nonsense like being seen in the same pew every Sunday, or writing "Christian" in your Twitter bio, and using that as a shield to target and marginalize already marginalized people.

I also stand on the shoulders of people like Father Ted Hesburgh, the longtime president of the University of Notre Dame, who was active in the civil rights movement, who recognized his power and privilege as a white man, a faith leader and the head of an influential and well-respected institution, and who saw black people in this country being targeted and discriminated against and beaten and [Hesburgh] reached out to lock arms with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. when he was alive when he was unpopular. And marching alongside them to say, "We've got you," to offer protection and service and allyship to try to right the wrongs and fix injustice in the world.

So who am I?

I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom, who knows that the very notion that learning about slavery or redlining or systemic racism somehow means that children are being taught to feel bad or hate themselves because they are white is absolute nonsense.

No child alive today is responsible for slavery.

No one in this room is responsible for slavery.

But each and every single one of us bears responsibility for writing the next chapter of history. Each and every single one of us decides what happens next and how we respond to history and the world around us.

We are not responsible for the past.

We also cannot change the past.

We can't pretend that it didn't happen or deny people their very right to exist.

I want every child in this state to feel seen, heard and supported, not marginalized and targeted because they are not straight, white and Christian. We cannot let hateful people tell you otherwise to scapegoat and deflect from the fact that they are not doing anything to fix the real issues that impact people's lives.

I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom. I want my daughters to know that she is loved, supported and seen for whoever she comes. I want her to be curious, empathetic, and kind.

People who are different are not the reason that our roads are in bad shape after decades of disinvestment or that health care costs are too high or the teachers are leaving the profession.

I want every child in this state to feel seen, heard and supported, not marginalized and targeted because they are not straight, white and Christian.

We cannot let hateful people tell you otherwise to scapegoat and deflect from the fact that they are not doing anything to fix the real issues that impact people's lives.

And I know that hate will only win if people like me stand by and let it happen.

So I want to be very clear right now. Call me whatever you want.

I hope you brought in a few dollars. I hope it made you sleep good last night.

I know who I am. I know what faith and service means and what it calls for in this moment.

We will not let hate win.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This lady is showing the Democrats the way. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Her speech was awesome. High time for those being attacked like this to speak out.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

278751253_10227893615625089_3410327408399680472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BRKEQcBIeqYAX8wkpSH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-JyokgjCvz4RgfJ1JW0kUNrgCCn3oIq-ZBV6wAH84SZQ&oe=62654F1F

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2  Gsquared    2 years ago

The Republican propaganda proves how venal and pathetic they are.

Sen. McMorrow's take down of that reactionary extremist was perfect.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

Yawn ..... just another progressive crazy.

They come in all colors, shapes, sizes and genders.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago

That's the thing. She makes her point very sanely.

Attacking women's and LGBT rights is backfiring...

The gop's attacks on vulnerable women, kids and families is not playing well with the general public!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 years ago

Opinions on that vary greatly.

Virtue signaling does not play well with most ....... well ...... except for the extremely triggered.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 years ago

Yet today's gqp seem to think they've got it all sewn up and we Democrats should be worried!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 years ago

That's what all you hive minded drones say . . . how droll . . . and predictable. . . 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 years ago

What virtue is in making legal families suffer?

What virtue is in taking away people's rights?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    2 years ago

Thanks for the positive reinforcement.    Your feedback always helps insure my messaging is spot on

Thx again ....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1.4    2 years ago

I agree, lots of families are suffering right now due to government overreach.    And not just the ones you are talking about.

That you think you’re the only ones with that problem.    You’re problem is “rights” to you are only the rights you agree with.     To hell with everyone else.    The double standard at place there is outrageous, egregious and ominous.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.6    2 years ago

Wrongo! What is more low down awful than falsely accusing innocent people of being in league with paedophiles and child abusers?

Triggered? How did you expect her to react?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1.7    2 years ago

Nah, it’s histrionics, nothing more.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 years ago
"The gop's attacks on vulnerable women, kids and families is not playing well with the general public!"
The Democrat's war on women, especially female athletes, is not playing well with most voters

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @3.1.4    2 years ago
What virtue is in making legal families suffer? What virtue is in taking away people's rights?

Who has made you suffer and what rights have you lost?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.10    2 years ago

Yeah, I'm always melodramatic when someone calls me a supporter of pedophiles.

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.12    2 years ago
Yeah, I'm always melodramatic when someone calls me a supporter of pedophiles.

Why?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.12    2 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.11    2 years ago

Who has made YOU suffer and what rights have YOU lost?

I bet your answer is the same as mine. The only person that makes me suffer is myself. And I can sincerely say I have lost no rights

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  Jack_TX  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.10    2 years ago

Calling Mallory McMorrow melodramatic constitutes "taunting"?  

Really?

That just seems amazingly tame compared to the normal shit that gets posted here.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.15    2 years ago
Who has made YOU suffer and what rights have YOU lost?
I bet your answer is the same as mine. The only person that makes me suffer is myself. And I can sincerely say I have lost no rights

Exactly.  Which is why I don't claim it's happening, and why I find such claims to be questionable at best.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago
Yawn ..... just another progressive crazy.

Assuming you watched her speech, what do you think was crazy about it? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 years ago

The “progressive” supposition that her “opposition” is automatically racist because they don’t believe kids K-4 or so, many whom really believe they might be Wonder Woman or Superman, should get fully exposed to such complex topics at that age.

I could go on but I know it will all be lost on progressive you.    Her speech makes you happy.    Fair enough.    Understand that many don’t agree in full with the message she is preaching.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    2 years ago

This woman, this particular woman, was accused by name of "grooming" children and being a pedophile. She has every right to lash back at the far right nutcase that made the accusation. The Democrats need to do this more and if they do take the fight to the right there may be a different outcome in the next elections than a lot of people assume. 

The Republicans are being consumed by an irrational moral panic and that needs to be pointed out. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    2 years ago

[deleted]    They’re horseshit and you know it.

Next, perhaps you should get the entire story before you judge.    Snits like this happen every day in State legislatures.    In both directions.    If people trigger every time it happens, they will always be triggered

But perhaps that is the problem.    [deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    2 years ago
Some people are just permanently triggered.

Truer words were never typed. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.5  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.4    2 years ago

IRONY ALERT

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @3.2.5    2 years ago

Not sure you know what irony means.......................

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.7  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    2 years ago

You completely miss the point , but that is nothing new. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    2 years ago

Yes! Constantly!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    2 years ago
A quick review of your comments verifies it.

yes it does but not the way you try to gaslight it.    I’m triggered to point out the obvious and could care less what you or anyone else here thinks about it.    So the mafia here can save their snide/snarky responses for someone else who might give a shit what they think.    

I don’t.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.8    2 years ago

Once again I am crestfallen that we disagree on such a critical topic.    

One can only hope we both survive it .......

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    2 years ago
Aren't you and Sparty constantly triggered? A quick review of your comments verifies it.

You confuse amused as hell at the liberals on here shaking in your shoes cuz you know what's coming in November with triggered (Again another word you possibly have an ill conceived understanding of). Understandable I guess. To understand being amused one would have to have a sense of humor. Something lacking way too much here and the old ranch. But if you want to see triggered, look at your own history. THAT is triggered.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.13  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    2 years ago
Aren't you and Sparty constantly triggered? A quick review of your comments verifies it.

Not sure you know what "triggered" means, either.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.14  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.13    2 years ago

If ever I comment that triggers your response! 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    2 years ago
Next, perhaps you should get the entire story before you judge.

What part of the 'entire story' do you suggest we review? Link? 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.16  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    2 years ago

There are a few on the right here (we all know who they are) that jump in immediately to try and discredit anything from the left, typically in the most ignorant of ways that indicate they haven’t read the seed, watched the link, etc.  It is more than just being triggered with these types, it’s purely an uncontrollable reflex.  They are immune to the sense of embarrassment that follows when normal, well adjusted adults happen to get caught saying something stupid.  They feed off of their own infamy.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.16    2 years ago

True and then there are the people here, who don’t jump to conclusions until all the facts are in (many are probably the same people you’re talking about) to make a reasoned judgement and not a partisan or emotional one.

They feed off their own reason .....

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.18  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.17    2 years ago

All the facts?  ROFL.  What more do you need to know about this?  Are you suggesting that there could be evidence that this MI state senator is a pedophile?  See what I mean about certain members on the right shamelessly and immediately jumping all over a comment from a member on the left without a shred of substance or sense of embarrassment?  [deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.16    2 years ago

[removed]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.18    2 years ago
Are you suggesting that there could be evidence that this MI state senator is a pedophile?  See what I mean about certain members on the right shamelessly and immediately jumping all over a comment from a member on the left without a shred of substance or sense of embarrassment? 

There are some people on this forum whose comments are pretty much substance free.

The Substance Free Conservatives Of Newstalkers - Perrie Halpern | The NewsTalkers

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.21  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.17    2 years ago

What do I need to know to make a reasoned judgement that I don't already know?

YOU must have reviewed all of the facts you allude to right Sparty?

So please share them with me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.22  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.18    2 years ago

Which district in Michigan do you represent?    Can you tell us exactly what was said that upset Senator McMorrow.    Exactly and the context in which it was made?

No?    But keep ROFL anyway ......

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.19    2 years ago

Is that member the topic?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.24  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.22    2 years ago

It’s in the link that you have no intention of watching, because you are too busy reflexively responding to every comment made by the left with your embarrassing nonsense.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.2.21    2 years ago
YOU must have reviewed all of the facts you allude to right Sparty? So please share them with me.

Please try to keep up.    I’m the one reserving judgement here until all the facts are in.

Ask the people here who have already decided this case.    They must have all the facts handy for you already.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.22    2 years ago
Which district in Michigan do you represent?  

The one next to yours.  

Can you tell us exactly what was said that upset Senator McMorrow.  

Yes.  

Exactly and the context in which it was made?

Yes.

Can YOU?

No?    

But keep blathering about needing all the facts anyway ......

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.24    2 years ago

Some folks have no shame.  

See it all the time from a certain poster.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.2.26    2 years ago

All the facts are in yet some are still waiting.  For what?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.29  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.24    2 years ago

What was said and the context of what said wasn’t in there.    Only her reaction to what was said.

But her reaction fits a narrative you prefer so it must be all there is to it right?

Hilarious!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.30  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.28    2 years ago

Lol .... all in eh?

Hilarious 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.2.26    2 years ago

Well then Senator, by all means enlighten us with the transcripts of what was said.     I’ve never claimed to know that but now you have.    

Enlighten us all here at NT so we all can learn something.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.32  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.29    2 years ago

I watched the entire speech this morning on Morning Joe, and yes it is all in there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.33  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.2.32    2 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.34  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.31    2 years ago
Lana Theis

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F16861ef0-b1f3-4c07-b289-048d236024bf_740x1302.png

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.25    2 years ago
Please try to keep up.

I've surpassed your understanding of this issue long ago. 

I’m the one reserving judgement here until all the facts are in.

Your claim that you are reserving judgement is utter bullshit. 

You've insisted that Mallory is 'just another progressive crazy', was 'virtue signaling', that 'she is preaching', in a 'snit' and 'triggered'.  

Ask the people here who have already decided this case.

I asked YOU for the reasons stated above. 

They must have all the facts handy for you already.

Unlike you and all too many others here, I have already reviewed all of the facts. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.36  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.31    2 years ago
Well then Senator, by all means enlighten us with the transcripts of what was said.     I’ve never claimed to know that but now you have.  

Yes, read this article last week:

Sen. Theis’ invocation claiming kids are ‘under attack’ from ‘forces’ prompts walkouts  ⋆ Michigan Advance

Enlighten us all here at NT so we all can learn something.

The thing I would like all here at NT to learn is to review the facts before spewing BS. Alas...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.37  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.33    2 years ago

The MAGA yard stick is a millimeter long.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.38  Sparty On  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.37    2 years ago

Yawn ......  typical attack on intellect.    Many on the left, for as smart as they love to intimate that they are, sure are damn stupid.    That said, you better buckle up buttercups.    

You’re not going to win this one.    Another loss for you on this topic this summer and fall.    Parents will win though, all over the country.    Just like they already are.

Your narrative will be judged and it will be found wanting.

You better get a head start on dealing with it

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.39  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.34    2 years ago

That entire comment is spot fucking on concerning the Democrats. She needs to look in the damn mirror if she is offended; because that is what she is supporting.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago

What part of her speech do you judge to be 'crazy' Sparty? It's right up there for all to see so you should be able to block quote it easily. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.3    2 years ago

It's that hive mind speaking.  He just blurts out the usual republican talking points.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.3.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.2    2 years ago
He just blurts out the usual republican talking points. 

Lol .... yep, you got me you sly bastard.
 jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.4  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.2    2 years ago

And then you comment on Tessy's comments!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.3.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.3    2 years ago

I meant only to quote Tessylo, not to identify your points.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.3.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.3.4    2 years ago

Guilty as charged.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.5    2 years ago

No worries .... it works .... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.3.8  squiggy  replied to  JBB @3.3.4    2 years ago

We see who the privileged are and who gets the tags.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    2 years ago

The usual suspects are signalling they have no virtues. Lana Theis was wrong on what she did and you know it but hey, this is 2022 politics and all the whistles will blare at the same time into a cacophony of misogyny followed by a cacophony of denials.

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    2 years ago

So it seems this woman defends herself, very nicely I would add and it seems the right wing here is all upset. How dare she...

So we have victim blaming from the right and no condemnation for the other woman...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @6    2 years ago

It's almost enough to put the entire alt-right on NT on ignore and go back to playing solitaire

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    2 years ago

I already see a sea of white out.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @6    2 years ago
I would add and it seems the right wing here is all upset.

Who seems "upset"?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @6.2    2 years ago

All the anti-social justice warriors. Of course, since I have most of them on ignore now, I'm just speculating based on past experience

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.1    2 years ago

I find it a toss up on who is worse, the hard core anti social justice warriors or the hard core social justice warriors. I have little or no use for either as both sides are too fanatical for my taste.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    2 years ago

Saw McMorrow's interview.  She is correct.  She is an American who believes and supports American values.

The GOP is banking on division and fear to carry the day.  It might work.  Putin used it for decades. Refining it.  Of course, it might not too.  That totally depends on the American people.  They have a path to choose.  The choice is theirs.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

I listened to said speech and personally was not all that impressed. I'll just say to each their own and let it go at that.

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    2 years ago

She absolutely, definitely, positively nailed it on all points and all Americans should be proud of this smart brave woman who is willing to stand up to the bullies.