╌>

A former Madison Cawthorn staffer called the congressman a 'bad person' and 'habitual liar,' and claimed his district office had 'more liquor bottles than they do water bottles'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  24 comments

By:   YahooNews

A former Madison Cawthorn staffer called the congressman a 'bad person' and 'habitual liar,' and claimed his district office had 'more liquor bottles than they do water bottles'
People need to know how this man really is," a former district staffer for Rep. Madison Cawthorn said. "He's still got a lot of people fooled.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• A former district staffer for Rep. Madison Cawthorn has called the congressman a "habitual liar."

• "As far as the candidate himself, I mean, he's just a bad person," the staffer said on a recorded call.

• She said she witnessed his district office having "more liquor bottles than they do water bottles."

A former district staffer for North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn has called the lawmaker a "bad person" and a "habitual liar."

"As far as the candidate himself, I mean, he's just a bad person," said former Cawthorn staffer Lisa Wiggins in a secretly recorded phone call with David Wheeler, the president of a political action committee called "Fire Madison Cawthorn."

"He's a habitual liar and he's going to say and do anything he can to your face but behind your back, he's completely opposite," she added.

While the recording was made without Wiggins' knowledge, North Carolina has a "one-party consent" wiretapping law that allows one party to record calls without the other party's knowledge.

The recording was uploaded to the Fire Madison Cawthorn PAC's website on Monday and subsequently reported on by Smoky Mountain News, a local media outlet.

During the call, Wiggins said Cawthorn was barely reachable by his constituents and that there was "no way you can get a meeting with him unless he's trying to pull some votes."

She also noted that she had personally closed many of the congressman's district offices because he did not have enough caseworkers to man them.

"I know that because I drove and closed them all," Wiggins said. "He didn't care, he doesn't care about his constituents. He does not care."

She also remarked that Cawthorn's district office had "more liquor bottles than they do water bottles" and that employees were "drinking like crazy."

"People need to know how this man really is," Wiggins told Wheeler. "He's still got a lot of people fooled."

A representative for Cawthorn did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider. However, The Hill obtained a brief statement from Cawthorn spokesman Luke Ball, who called Wiggin's accusations "verifiably false."

"We believe these comments potentially amount to defamation of character and are exploring options to ensure the Congressman's name emerges from these slanderous remarks unscathed," Ball said, per the outlet.

The new allegations about Cawthorn come after a rough month for the North Carolina congressman.

In March, Cawthorn was publicly chastisedby the Republican Party's leaders for claiming that he witnessed "sexual perversion" in DC, with members of Washington's elite inviting him to orgies and doing cocaine in front of him.

In response, Cawthorn has criticized the GOP's leaders for "weakening" the GOP's platform and blamed the media for the furor over his comments.

Read the original article on Business Insider

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This clown was once considered the future of the Republican Party. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Rating for this article:  2 yawns

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

Former staffer calls politician he worked for a bad person and a habitual liar.

........ More hard hitting news at eleven ......

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

The real problem is the basic stupidity of the constituents who put people like this in office.  Without them, this kind of sleaze would only be familiar to the unfortunate few who are related to them.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    2 years ago

I agree, i mean can you believe people are stupid enough to elect dimbulbs like AOC and the rest of the “squad.”

It’s cra-cra.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    2 years ago

Comparing this fool to AOC is like comparing a fingerpainting to the Mona Lisa. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

I think we know which kind of constituent sparty is.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    2 years ago

Neither party can claim to only elect the best and brightest.  I think Kevin McCarthy had it right when he laid down the law with Cawthorn.  Our politicians should be known by what they do and not by lying about something only to "take it back" when called to present proof  (which is what Cawthorn did).

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.4  evilone  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.3    2 years ago
Neither party can claim to only elect the best and brightest. 

The best and brightest most often find better ways to help people than get mired down in politics. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

I reserve judgement until all the facts are in ..... on the other hand the squad is well known and there are no bigger asshats in legislature right now than AOC and the squad.

You can bet the farm on that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.2    2 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.3    2 years ago

No argument there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    2 years ago

AOC can actually talk about the issues .  Cawthorn can talk about conspiracy theories. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago
AOC can actually talk about the issues .

Okay, care to explain why she wants student debt forgiven despite Biden's fantastic economy?

I mean, if everything is all rosy as Biden and his sycophants would have us believe, why can't people pay their legal debts?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.10  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    2 years ago

That is a topic for a different seed. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.10    2 years ago

Oh, my mistake, I figured you wanted to talk about issues since you brought it up.

Just so I am clear in the future, what you say isn't the topic?

That's okay, the left has dodged answering that question for days now.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago

Sure, she can talk the issues.    Crazy, out of touch talk.    

She’s a dimwit.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.11    2 years ago

Someone else brought up AOC.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.13    2 years ago

And you responded, making it okay to talk about.

Not to worry, I know how hard the question was.

I wasn't really expecting an answer.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.15  Snuffy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.14    2 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.15    2 years ago

My apologies, sir!

LOL!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.15    2 years ago

Some are easily triggered and amused.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.17    2 years ago
Some are easily triggered and amused.

Easy to be amused when we see people avoid the tough questions.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
She said she witnessed his district office having "more liquor bottles than they do water bottles."

Why do you think he's in a wheelchair?