╌>

Morning Joe rips GOP 'freaks' in profane rant: 'What lies ahead if Trumpists keep winning?'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  47 comments

By:   Travis Gettys (Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism)

Morning Joe rips GOP 'freaks' in profane rant: 'What lies ahead if Trumpists keep winning?'
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough called on Democrats to show how far out of the mainstream their Republican rivals have fallen since former President Donald Trump took over the party.President Joe Biden has described the "MAGA crowd" as the "most extreme political organization" in recent U.S. history, and th...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough called on Democrats to show how far out of the mainstream their Republican rivals have fallen since former President Donald Trump took over the party.

President Joe Biden has described the "MAGA crowd" as the "most extreme political organization" in recent U.S. history, and the "Morning Joe" host encouraged Democrats to keep pushing that message into the midterm elections.

"There have been hundreds of thousands of words written about working-class and middle-class Americans and why they were attracted to Trump's populist message at the beginning, why they're still disaffected and still don't want to go back to mainline candidates," Scarborough said. "But we need to look at the type of candidates that Jen Psaki and the White House are talking about. We need to look at what's before us and how extreme these Washington politicians, these MAGA Washington freaks are."

MAGA Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) said joining the military was "like throwing your life away," while Rep. Madison Cawthorn called Ukraine's president Volodomyr Zelenskyy a "thug" and his government "incredibly evil," and Scarborough said voters needed to know about that.

READ MORE: Louisiana GOP rushes to classify abortion as homicide -- and mothers could potentially be charged

"This is also the guy that carries loaded guns to airports and films himself engaging in really disturbing acts," Scarborough said. "He needs help. Also, their fearless leader, Donald Trump himself, keeps calling Putin a genius, keeps calling the invasion of Ukraine brilliant, keeps refusing to condemn a war criminal that is killing Ukrainians every single day. This is the party. The White House should explain, this is the party that brought you 'Jewish space lasers.' This is the party that talked about the dude from Italy who they say stole the election with a satellite. Remember those bamboo particles that Republicans claimed were in Arizona ballots? Those [Cyber] Ninja freaks, whatever they were called, that went in and they were going to show that Biden stole the election but it ended up that they can't get even more vote -- they just get more votes for Joe Biden."

The party and its leaders have become consumed with conspiracy theories and overblown grievances that cost taxpayers money and undermined democracy.

"There's always been one phony controversy after another, so Republicans can govern by gesture and proclaim their need to be radical so they can own the libs," Scarborough said. "Lately, those politics of gesture have morphed into actual policies that are hurting you, that are hurting you and your family, that are hurting Americans in Trump states."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott cost his state $4.2 billion in an anti-immigration stunt targeting truckers and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis could cost Orlando-area taxpayers more than $1 billion by dissolving Disney's self-governance around the Magic Kingdom, and the right-wing U.S. Supreme Court appears poised to roll back the right to abortion that has existed for nearly 50 years.

IN OTHER NEWS: 'Family values' Republican brought a convicted child sex predator for key role in her campaign

"What lies ahead if Trumpists keep winning?" Scarborough said. "It's just getting worse. Candidates like J.D. Vance say they want the centralized state in Washington, D.C., to seize all assets of the Ford Foundation because they are insufficiently loyal to Donald Trump, a man that he still claims had the 2020 election stolen from him."

"These people are, if I can quote Aristotle here, crazy as a sh*thouse rat," he added.

Watch the video below or at this link:

05 05 2022 06 27 38 youtu.be

SmartNews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
"What lies ahead if Trumpists keep winning?" Scarborough said. "It's just getting worse. Candidates like J.D. Vance say they want the centralized state in Washington, D.C., to seize all assets of the Ford Foundation because they are insufficiently loyal to Donald Trump, a man that he still claims had the 2020 election stolen from him." "These people are, if I can quote Aristotle here, crazy as a sh*thouse rat," he added.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Batshit crazy alt-right wing freak job whackjob extremists.  What could possibly go wrong?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

Almost a year and a half after Trump left office in complete disgrace, members of his cult following still worship him and Republican politicians still kiss his feet. In the recent and ongoing Senate primary debates in Pennsylvania and Ohio , every one of the Republican candidates tried to outdo each other in groveling for Trump's attention. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
"What lies ahead if Trumpists keep winning?"

?resize_to=width&src=https%3A%2F%2Fartsy-media-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com%2FFjv5N4Hp19diDcnEaG8DZQ%252FGettyImages-1125162215.jpg&width=1200&quality=80 605309ce11d393082fbe9dc8357a4f06.jpg

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
What Lies Ahead If Trumpists Keep Winning?

How about a reversal of the abhorrent that we've witnessed since 20 January 2021.  

Now bring on the "but TRRUUUMMMMPPPP" rants.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago
Politics/ Covoid Thread

Ron Filipkowski 
@ronfilipkowski
· 5h
MAGA sycophants are at Mar-a-Lago tonight, where Trump will show them all a movie that “proves” he really won the election. Clip ends with the QAnon motto.

Spiro Agnew’s Ghost

6 hours ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

And there it is the "but TRRUUUMMMMPPPP" rant I was expecting.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.1    2 years ago

Uh, this seed is about MAGA.  Trump is part of MAGA, isnt he? 

No one has to "bring up" Trump. He keeps himself in the news every day. Do you ever look at the news? 

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.3  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 years ago
No one has to "bring up" Trump.

And yet you did in #2.1.  

He keeps himself in the news every day.

No.  You all keep him there. Thanks for playing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.4    2 years ago

If your comments were any more bland and meaningless they would be written in invisible ink. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    2 years ago

So you're saying my comments are on the same level as your inane seeds?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

The entire conservative movement disgusts America! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 years ago

So your offended.  Not that anybody cares.  At any rate it's better than the liberal movement destroying the country.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.1    2 years ago
So your offended

It's a lifestyle for some.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 years ago

The razor-thin majorities Democrats currently hold prove that comment is not based on actual facts, but rather emotional, wishful thinking.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.2.4  goose is back  replied to  JBB @2.2    2 years ago

Let me correct you "disgusts Liberals" which is fine with me. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.2.2    2 years ago
It's a lifestyle for some.

It would appear that many liberals belong to The Church of the Perpetually Offended by Something or Other.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @2.2.2    2 years ago

That's a sad existence.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.6    2 years ago

Yeah, why are you so angry and hateful all the time?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.7    2 years ago

What makes you think I'm angry and hateful?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.8    2 years ago
What makes you think I'm angry and hateful?

Projection, perhaps?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.9    2 years ago

Well, I do have a low tolerance for stupid and don't attempt to hide it so that would be why some people think I'm angry and hateful.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.10    2 years ago

How can you stand yourself?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.11    2 years ago

I stand myself just fine.  The stupidity from the left on the other hand seem to have a problem when they interact with me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.12    2 years ago

You are the one who cannot interact appropriately socially.  I think there's a word or term for that.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.13    2 years ago

How cute.  You think you know me.  And just like everything else you blather on about here on NT, you're wrong.  But thank you for backing up my statement in 2.2.12  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.14    2 years ago

I don't know you and I don't want to know you.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.15    2 years ago

2.2.13   implies otherwise.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.11    2 years ago

Why are you making him the topic?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.16    2 years ago

You can have the last word now.  I know how it is for 'men' like you.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.17    2 years ago

You've seen this from the left.  When they disagree with something but don't have a valid argument they attack the person.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.19    2 years ago
When they disagree with something but don't have a valid argument they attack the person.  

All the hallmarks of a dimwitted argument.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.20    2 years ago

Exactly

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.13    2 years ago

Says the one that never reads links (your admittance) and responds to herself or deletes her own comments to avoid tickets.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.23  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.18    2 years ago
I know how it is for 'men' like you.

Using the word "men" in quotations usually refers to a liberal of the male species.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.24  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.7    2 years ago

"Yeah, why are you so angry and hateful all the time?"

Why are you?

"How can you stand yourself?"

How can you?

"I don't know you and I don't want to know you."

Likewise

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.25  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.7    2 years ago
Yeah, why are you so angry and hateful all the time?

Pot meet Kettle

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.26  cjcold  replied to  MonsterMash @2.2.25    2 years ago

Far right wing fascists should be beaten like a gong on a regular basis.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @2.2.26    2 years ago

All of the ones responding from 2.2.19 up until you comment, fall in that category cj.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
MAGA Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) said joining the military was "like throwing your life away," 

Maybe she should have spent 4 years in the Army. It would have made her smarter

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago

Insane is insane. MTG is insane! 

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

original is it any wonder that the once Grand Old Party of Abraham Lincoln is now known merely as the gop?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago
is it any wonder that the once Grand Old Party of Abraham Lincoln is now known merely as the gop?

Is it any wonder you are reduced daily to repeating the same old tired lines you have been using for years?

Get some new material every decade or so, at least!!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    2 years ago

If the MAGA wins will (IT) 'contour' the American democracy to be more in line with Orban's Hungary or Lukashenko's Belarus?

Of course, if Putin's regime collapses not only will the MAGA follow suit, also will Orban and Lukashenko.  There is very much riding on the line here.