╌>

Trump Jr. goes ballistic defending his father wanting to secretly bomb Mexico: 'Is that supposed to be a bad thing???'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  35 comments

By:   David Badash, The New Civil Rights (Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism)

Trump Jr. goes ballistic defending his father wanting to secretly bomb Mexico: 'Is that supposed to be a bad thing???'
Things that are considered a scandal among normal people are a badge of honor in Trumplandia. Trump will probably showcase his desire to bomb Mexico and shoot peaceful protesters--and the MAGA hordes will be thrilled. If he wins again, he will have a mandate to do just that.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump, Jr. on Facebook.

Donald Trump, Jr. is passionately defending his father over reports the then-President wanted to secretly bomb Mexico, then deny it was the United States.

The target of the unprovoked, and thus illegal attack, would be drug labs in Mexico, and members of the drug cartels, according to a new book by Trump Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

The New York Times reports that during the summer of 2020, "Mr. Trump asked Mr. Esper at least twice if the military could 'shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs.'"

"They don't have control of their own country," Trump said, according to Esper, who pushed back against the request.

"Trump said that 'we could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly,' adding that 'no one would know it was us.' Mr. Trump said he would just say that the United States had not conducted the strike, Mr. Esper recounts, writing that he would have thought it was a joke had he not been staring Mr. Trump in the face."

Donald Trump, Jr. angrily defended his dad on Friday.

"I'm still trying to figure out the recent media outrage about my father possibly wanting to target Mexican drug cartel manufacturing facilities in Mexico… Is that supposed to be a bad thing???" he tweeted.

Conservative George Conway, as did many others, correctly noted, "I know it's a small point, but this says the former guy was commander-in-chief for over three years and didn't know that the Patriot is a surface-to-air missile."

Others also noted that a first strike into Mexico would be considered an act of war, and targeting a civilian population would be considered a war crime. It would also not be hard to determine where the missile came from.

Foreign-policy analyst, Washington Post opinion columnist, and former Republican Max Boot took the opportunity to use Jr.'s tweet as a warning:

Things that are considered a scandal among normal people are a badge of honor in Trumplandia. Trump will probably showcase his desire to bomb Mexico and shoot peaceful protesters--and the MAGA hordes will be thrilled. If he wins again, he will have a mandate to do just that. https://t.co/T6Bv2QRAeA — Max Boot (@MaxBoot) May 6, 2022

Many are mocking and schooling Jr.:

Don Jr., let me explain this to you. Bombing our friend and ally Mexico with U.S. missiles is in fact a very bad thing. https://t.co/iZgQa0u0XL — George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) May 6, 2022

The son of the former president of the United States is confused why his dad wanting to send the US military to bomb Mexico and cover it up is a bad thing. — No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen (@NoLieWithBTC) May 6, 2022

Yes, bombing our friends and neighbors in Mexico IS a bad thing. The reason you're having trouble figuring it out - if you really want a straight answer - is because you're the drug-addled spawn of a lawless psychopath. https://t.co/4x3QHSSJBy — Duty To Warn (@duty2warn) May 6, 2022

If it was such a great idea why did he want to cover it up by blaming someone else? Why wouldn't he just take the credit for it? Because even he knew that it was an insane idea. — JAS16UT✡️ (@JAS16AZ) May 6, 2022

He prefers a local supplier https://t.co/asuw1Xl6gv — CPES (@cpes100) May 6, 2022

God, the abject stupidity! The arrogance from ignorance! These people are so fucking dumb it hurts my brain! https://t.co/iJe1Packhu — ℝ ! (@tom_wellborn3) May 6, 2022

Sure, and Russia was just lobbing missiles into Ukraine because they had too many happy women and children so they felt the right to turn them into prime targets for torture, rape, and assignations. Mexico is a sovereign country. Ukraine is a sovereign country. What a dumb F**K.. https://t.co/ugGmdBwB5l — David W Pippy (@DWPippy) May 6, 2022

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

There are people who actually think all this crap is normal. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
There are people who actually think all this crap is normal.

To be fair, we’re talking about conversations, not orders. I’m sure plenty of spitballing goes on when you have to confront as many problems as a president has to. Usually the way to run a productive brainstorm is to have the approach that there are no dumb ideas. Then the ideas are proposed and you talk them out.

Isn’t it worse that drug cartels have operated the way they have for generations? That’s real, and that is accepted as “normal.” They’re not just in the drug business. They commit kidnapping, rape, and murder of civilians, police, and government officials. It goes on and on for decades. I think that’s kind of insane.

I can’t fault the man for trying to think of some different way to solve a problem that everyone else seems to have given up trying to solve.

Unless you have a better plan to get rid of the drug cartels? Or perhaps you think they should be left alone?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    2 years ago

The US is partners with Mexico in fighting drug cartels. The idea that we would secretly bomb Mexican targets without communicating with the Mexican government is madness breaching international laws!

That Trump seriously made such a proposal is insight into his shallowness. That Don Junior is defending this shows he is even shallower...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago

Well mexico is doing a piss poor job of doing away with the drug cartels and looks like they need some help. 

Of course everything they are doing at both their north and south borders is piss poor. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago
The US is partners with Mexico in fighting drug cartels.

Mexico is a shitty partner. Let's at least be real about that.

The idea that we would secretly bomb Mexican targets without communicating with the Mexican government is madness breaching international laws!

I'd prefer to act in cooperation with Mexican authority, but this shit has been going on for decades. At some point it does become reasonable to at least ask the question. Not to act. But ask the question. Should we at least consider taking bolder action unilaterally?

And if Mexico doesn't want us to put a missile into the mansion of some drug cartel, you have to ask, "why the fuck not?"

That Trump seriously made such a proposal is insight into his shallowness.

You think it's shallow to want to eliminate criminal drug gangs? Really?

I've explained why the proposal - merely a proposal - is valid. If you won't engage with the content of the comments you reply to, we can't have a conversation.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  cjcold  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago
shallowness

What you call shallow I call insane.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.3    2 years ago

Well, for one it means some high placed Mexican politician or official may not get their mordida from the cartel!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.3    2 years ago

Big difference between thinking about something and actually taking action on it...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.3    2 years ago

For some folks everything that Trump says, that can be spun in a bad light, is taken literally and everything that can’t be spun negatively, is not taken serious.    

Such is the deranged method of thought some folks deploy when Trump is involved.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

"The New York Times reports that during the summer of 2020, "Mr. Trump asked Mr. Esper at least twice if the military could 'shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs.'"

More unsubstantiated disinformation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago
the drug-addled spawn of a lawless psychopath.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
the drug-addled spawn of a lawless psychopath.

More unsubstantiated disinformation.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

We aren't talking about Hunter Biden John. Otherwise your description would be spot on.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Is there that big of a difference between Obama bombing weddings in Pakistan and trump wanting to bomb cartels in Mexico?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

I think Biden might have sold out to the cartels by looking the other way as the drug mules tote tons of fentanyl over the border

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

What if there was something in Canada that a President Trump didnt like, would we be justified in launching a missile strike against Canada?  How about California? Portland? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4    2 years ago

I didn’t say it was justified. 

i asked if it’s that’s different than bombing weddings in Pakistan. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.4.1    2 years ago
I didn’t say it was justified. 

yeah, but it is probably easier to debate you if someone pretends you did.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.4.3  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4    2 years ago

Depends (no I don't mean the type of underwear Biden wears). If someone in Canada is manufacturing and shipping illegal drugs into the US that is killing millions of us citizens and Canada can or will not do anything about it, then it may be necessary for our government to install bilaterally do something about it including bombing the labs. It would also be good to close the boarder as much as possible to make it harder for illegal aliens and drug mules to enter the country. Trump was doing this. Biden's answer was to open the border wide. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

Bad intelligence.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

One actually happened and the other didn't.  Could it be that by NOT doing it is what set the left off?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 years ago

Sounds like a good idea to me. I’d talk to the Mexican president first, of course. But Mexico probably doesn’t have the resources to get that aggressive with the cartels. We do. Happy to help.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago

Some of the comments are interesting.

Bombing our friend and ally

Our friend and ally - the drug cartel?

Yes, bombing our friends and neighbors in Mexico IS a bad thing.

This idiot thinks Mexican drug cartels are “our friends and neighbors.” The same moron doesn’t see the irony in this either:

is because you're the drug-addled spawn of a lawless psychopath.

So it’s bad to be drug-addled and it’s bad to be a lawless psychopath, but it’s also bad to bomb drug cartels that push drugs and are far more lawless than Trump could ever hope to be?

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     2 years ago

If we are going to bomb illegal drug labs in Mexico we should also get the ones in Canada as well. Contact the RCMP and their CLEAR squad for more info (intelligence sharing). 

Let's not stop with Mexico and Canada we have plenty of illegal drug labs in the US, bomb those bastards as well.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1  arkpdx  replied to  Kavika @7    2 years ago

Works for me especially if we can kill the drug dealers and those illegally making the drugs to. No mercy should be shown. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.2  Hallux  replied to  Kavika @7    2 years ago
we have plenty of illegal drug labs in the US, bomb those bastards as well.

There goes the heartland ... poof!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @7.2    2 years ago

You think most of the illegal drug labs are in the heartland of the US? You have been watching too much Breaking Bad. Come back to reality.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2.2  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @7.2.1    2 years ago

What if Mexico bombed American factories making guns that are illegal in Mexico yet are sold illegally in Mexican to drug cartels?

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @7.2.1    2 years ago

You should check your reality. Missouri has the most illegal meth labs in the country. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @7.2.2    2 years ago

Are you saying the drug cartels in Mexico are manufacturing legal drugs? You can't be serious. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @7.2.3    2 years ago

You have a link to back that up?

From what I found- which is dated by years- Missouri is no where on the list.

Top States With Meth-Related Seizures

Until 2018, the Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) compiled data to identify the number of meth-related seizure incidents for every state. A seizure incident includes discovered meth laboratories, chemical equipment, glassware and dumpsites.

The states where meth-related seizures were most prevalent in 2018 were:

1. Michigan
  2. New York
  3. Indiana
  4. Illinois
  5. North Carolina
  6. California
  7. Pennsylvania
  8. Tennessee
  9. Ohio
  10. Florida

The US doesn't produce nearly the Meth that the Mexican cartels do; which supply the vast majority of the illegal Meth used in the US.

The combination of the US crackdown and the flood of Mexico methamphetamine gutted the US production market. In 2019, the DEA recorded just 890 domestic methamphetamine incidents.  Now, Mexican organized crime groups are the “primary producers and suppliers of low cost, high purity methamphetamine” sent to US consumers, leading to “significant supply” of the synthetic drug in the US market, according to the DEA.

So  Hallux claims that the Heartland would go poof if all of the illegal labs were remove are pure BS. 

Why does the left love criminals? The Mexican government is bought and paid for by the Cartels. "The war on drugs" is an abject failure. We have no problem bombing terrorists into oblivion anywhere across the planet; but don't touch those Mexican Cartels that harm the US even more!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

Jr's birthstone is a crack rock.