╌>

A slaughter of the most innocent in the Heartland

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  155 comments

A slaughter of the most innocent in the Heartland
"He came in and he crouched a little bit and he said, he said 'It's time to die,'" the fourth-grader told the outlet. He said that he and his friends hid: "I was telling my friend to not talk because he is going to hear us."

10f6a5816d37284c4f6e6713e29db3ae

At least 19 very young school children and two adults are dead after a madman went on a rampage in a Texas elementary school. Accounts of the tragedy are only now beginning to emerge. Yesterday Texas officials conducted a press conference that had to be one of the worst ones law enforcement had ever given. We now know that it took an hour for cops to stop the Texas school shooter. Can anyone imagine the horror those kids experienced being confined to a classroom with that lunatic?

Police told kids at Texas school to 'yell if you need help.' When one little girl did, the gunman shot her. This was Texas law enforcement?  When I see those Texas cops, I expect the very best. It is hard not to judge them as facts continue to come out, but it looks like they failed to do their duty. It turns out that it was a lone off-duty Border Patrol agent who finally put an end to the madness. The agent saved the lives of countless children trapped inside Robb Elementary school. after his wife, a fourth-grade teacher at the school, texted him that there was an active shooter.

The Week:

Inflation still running high:

"A key measure of annual inflation that is closely watched by the  Federal Reserve  continued to run hot in April as widespread supply disruptions, extraordinarily high consumer demand and worker shortages fuel rapidly rising prices. The personal consumption expenditures price index, which measures  costs  that consumers pay for a variety of different items, showed that core prices – which exclude the more volatile measurements of food and energy – soared 4.9% in the year through April, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis." 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/feds-preferred-inflation-gauge-rose-april-near-40-year-high

Sussman Trial goes to Jury:  

Here lies the dilemma for John Durham. He has presented a flawless case against Michael Sussman, but that case now goes to a jury comprised of three Clinton donors, an AOC donor and a woman whose daughter is on the same sports team as Sussmann's daughter. It's a longshot, but for the sake of justice, we all need a conviction.

"Democratic attorney Michael Sussmann, accused of lying to the FBI about his work for the 2016 presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton, has decided not to testify in his own defense at his ongoing trial on a false-statement charge. Sussmann’s defense rested its case on Thursday and jurors are expected to hear closing arguments beginning Friday morning."

https://news.yahoo.com/2016-clinton-attorney-sussmann-wont-143737360.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Fighting to win:

"Ukraine's military released an unverified video last week of its troops by a border post marked in their flag's colors of yellow and blue.

Intended as a boast at how far Ukraine's counteroffensive had pushed Russian troops back from the second city of Kharkiv, the celebrating soldiers purportedly had enemy territory almost underneath their boots. But just how likely is it that troops like these could push further and enter Russia?

While there are no indications Ukraine is looking to send soldiers into its neighbor, the war has taken some unexpected turns. In the eastern Donbass region, where fighting is concentrated after Russia's withdrawal from Kyiv, Russian cities are tantalizingly close for Ukraine's troops to embarrass Moscow."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-putin-invasion-incursion-donbas-kharkiv-counteroffensive-1710402

Oklahoma Gov. Stitt signs bill requiring students to use bathrooms aligned with their biological sex at birth:

Oklahoma Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt  says the measure he signed into law on Wednesday that requires students in schools across the state to use restrooms that align with their biological sex at birth is "common sense" and that it is "kind of crazy" that the law had to be passed in the first place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oklahoma-gov-stitt-signs-transgender-bathroom-bill-biological-sex?intcmp=tw_fnc

What have we learned?

It seems that democrats never tire of trying to use a crisis. Most notable was the disgraceful performance of Beto "Bozo" O'Rourke, who disrupted a press conference after the tragedy in Texas. They have no integrity and O'Rourke made a point of proving it. And then there was this from Andrew Pollack, The father of a teenage victim of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting:

"They didn’t learn anything from what happened in Texas at that school shooting, they didn’t learn anything from what happened in Parkland at that shooting, they didn’t learn anything from what happened at Sandy Hook," Pollack explained. "When you focus on just gun control this is what happens. It’s happened again."

Cartoon of the Week:

cartoon-052322-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable Mention:

Jacob Albarado :  A U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent, who was off duty and at his barber’s when he got a text from his wife to alert him that she, a teacher, and their daughter, a student, at Robb Elementary School were under threat from an active shooter. Albarado borrowed a shotgun from his barber and raced to the scene.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Another week in the administration of Joe Biden.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.1    2 years ago

FUCK OFF

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    2 years ago
removed for context

Democrats have had the control.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.2    2 years ago

You're a real BLUF guy.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Gsquared  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.3    2 years ago
Democrats have had the control.

What an idiotic comment. When did Democrats have control of blood-soaked Texas?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.4    2 years ago

BLUF - Bottom Line Up Front

Yep.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.7    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Gsquared  replied to    2 years ago

The NRA has their blood on its hands.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to    2 years ago
If so, did ALL the NRA members hold him up on their shoulders while he did his nasty deed, so he could get a better aim at the kids ?

The NRA is just a convenient boogeyman for some folks.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Gsquared  replied to    2 years ago

What does whether or not Salvador was an NRA member have to do with anything?

Your questions show that you know absolutely nothing about the NRA or recent American history.

Try gaining some knowledge, and stop asking utterly ridiculous questions, before you embarrass yourself any further.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Gsquared  replied to    2 years ago
you embarrass yourself

And there you go again.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  CB  replied to    2 years ago

It is termed: a 'sin' of omission. If you need help processing that - Ask!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.18  MonsterMash  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.16    2 years ago

FUCK OFF

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Gsquared  replied to  MonsterMash @1.1.18    2 years ago

I could not care less what you think about anything.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.1.17    2 years ago

Exactly, NRA omission has enabled CA to have more guns per capita than any other state except it’s sister, Texas.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.21  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.20    2 years ago

I am done wasting time with you. You don't have anything sufficient to add and apparently you have much to take away from discussion. Moving on.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.1.21    2 years ago
I am done wasting time with you.

That's a good deal for you, me and those that wasted their time reading us.

you have much to take away from discussion. 

I apologize for taking away from you.

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    2 years ago

Don't let it get you down. There is always next year when/if republicans control the levers of government democrats can trade places sitting and lounging around with their thumbs tucked in dark damp places too. Oh yeah, and congress can not keep us safe. Widows, orphans, and children are sitting ducks out here, because we have a broken congress!

8340eef4a811c7757d4c838b007738f57b5d0cd5_hq.gif   "THUMB PARTY!"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2    2 years ago
Don't let it get you down.

Many of us have resigned ourselves to Biden's failures.

We know that the midterms are coming and a chance to derail his agenda.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Biden gets the blame for the economy JUST LIKE EVERY PRESIDENT HAS BEFORE HIM.

When you can recognize THAT as the truth, get back to me.

In the meantime, spare me your stupid-ass memes.

Why don't you ever want to talk about the Biden economy anymore?

Can't defend it any longer, or justify the record inflation?

You have remained strangely silent about it for over a month now, especially compared to how you were trumpeting how GREAT it was just a few short weeks ago!

Share your thoughts how GREAT it is!!!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    2 years ago
Do you ever have anything substantive to offer, or is it ALWAYS just stupid memes?

Oh I know ... especially when there are "stupid" Branco cartoons to serve up instead ...

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.6  squiggy  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago
Many of us have resigned ourselves to Biden's failures.

Many of you resigned yourselves to Biden's perceived failures before he even took office.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  cjcold @2.1.7    2 years ago

Possibly because they became quite evident while he was VP..............and on the lack of a campaign trail string of appearances..........

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.1.7    2 years ago

Yeah, we were all modern day Nostradamuses!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.1.5    2 years ago

Perhaps your comment should be directed at someone who posts a lot of them.

That isn't me.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @2.1.7    2 years ago
perceived failures

There are no "perceived failures".  There are actual failures and the number is growing.  Just because you are dumb enough to over look them, doesn't mean we all are that gullible

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.12  squiggy  replied to  cjcold @2.1.7    2 years ago

… pussyhats and all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

MASSIVE WIN FOR REPUBLICANS: As Fox News Just Hit 65 Consecutive Weeks In The Number One Slot In Primetime...

SzFQSnhiOGNXdkdDZE1VTUNBbWMuanBn.jpg

theragingpatriot.org/2022/05/2

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.14  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    2 years ago

How about linking from a site further right than extreme right? Anywho, congrats to FOX for being a numero uno part of the MSM!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @2.1.14    2 years ago
How about linking from a site further right than extreme right?

When you can't disprove the facts go after the source.  Isn't that the "directive"?

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.16  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.15    2 years ago

What facts did I try to disprove?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Hallux @2.1.16    2 years ago
What facts did I try to disprove?

I've got a fact for you...    Almost nobody actually watches Fox News.

8pm is their most watched hour.  Last night, about 3 million people watched Tucker Carlson.  83% of those were over 55.  Some non-trivial portion of that number are liberals scouting the enemy.  (The ONLY way I ever know about what Tucker Carlson says is when some outraged liberals tells me about it.)

So over 99% of Americans had something better to do.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    2 years ago
or is it ALWAYS just stupid memes?

This

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.19  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    2 years ago

Apparently conservatives have more time to 'entertain' themselves with television than you would admit to otherwise? Go ahead, try to explain this ratings indulgence away.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.16    2 years ago

That's right, you just do personal attacks!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2.1.19    2 years ago
Apparently conservatives have more time to 'entertain' themselves with television than you would admit to otherwise?

Because I used a billboard to protest a billboard?

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.22  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.20    2 years ago

Were I to link to far left sites as you link to far right sites I would fully expect to be attacked.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.21    2 years ago

Billboard size or not, some folks just can't see the point.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.24  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.21    2 years ago

You conservatives like to PRETEND you don't get your information from anybody; that it flows from individuals. Well, FOX NEWS belies the point with its persistence at the top of the leader-board. Fox News demonstrates the "collective" mind that is operating in plain sight on the conservative side. The jig is up!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.24    2 years ago
You conservatives like to PRETEND you don't get your information from anybody; that it flows from individuals. Well, FOX NEWS belies the point with its persistence at the top of the leader-board. Fox News demonstrates the "collective" mind that is operating in plain sight on the conservative side. The jig is up!

And yet, if one actually reads many comments here, it is usually liberals who quote Fox News personalities and tell the rest of us what they say.

Go figure.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.24    2 years ago
PRETEND you don't get your information from anybody; that it flows from individuals

Anybody, individuals?  You contradict yourself.  

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.5    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2.1.24    2 years ago

I get most of my information from what most honest human beings consider a non-partisan Newspaper.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.29  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.28    2 years ago

Okay, give. . . what newspaper is it? How long have you been reading this paper? And, have you ever in 2022 watched more than two hours of Fox News channel?

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.30  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.28    2 years ago

The journalists at the WSJ are non-partisan, however, the opinion writers are not.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.31  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.29    2 years ago
Okay, give. . .

It's a wise man that admits defeat.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.32  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @2.1.30    2 years ago

Indeed, they have apparently found their conservative calling, biggly. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.30    2 years ago
The journalists at the WSJ are non-partisan, however, the opinion writers are not.

Correct and unlike the NY Times or the Washington Post, the WSJ keeps the two things separate.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2.1.29    2 years ago
what newspaper is it?

The WSJ

How long have you been reading this paper? 

Since the year 2000 I've had a subscription.

And, have you ever in 2022 watched more than two hours of Fox News channel?

In a single day?  I always try and catch Bret Baier's "Special Report." (6 PM - 7 PM)

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.35  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.34    2 years ago

No, not in a single day as a whole for the year 2022 - more than two hours. The obvious answer is yes, you are a FOX News viewer. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Now I have a different question for you, dear author:

Is state and federal obstruction to policies that could make gun safety possible for children a form of CHILD ABUSE?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.35    2 years ago
Is state and federal obstruction to policies that could make gun safety possible for children a form of CHILD ABUSE?

Of course not.

People are free to teach their kids all about gun safety.

If some simply refuse to do so, blame the parents, not government.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.35    2 years ago
No, not in a single day as a whole for the year 2022 - more than two hours. The obvious answer is yes, you are a FOX News viewer.

Surely you must have watched more than two hours of Fox in a year--how else could you have become an expert on it?

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.38  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.33    2 years ago
the WSJ keeps the two things separate.

After a 12 year subscription one would think that so would you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.39  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.38    2 years ago

Are you capable of anything other than a personal attack?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @2    2 years ago
sitting and lounging around with their thumbs tucked in dark damp places too.

Isn't that what Democrats have been doing already?  

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago

Why you asking me-ask a Republican!!!  Do not get ahead of yourselves and turn the House and Senate RED, then watch democrats-Thumb Party!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @2.2.1    2 years ago
Why you asking me

Because you made the statement. 

turn the House and Senate RED, then watch democrats-Thumb Party!

So you ARE saying that's what they've been doing already.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @2.2.1    2 years ago
turn the House and Senate RED, then watch democrats-Thumb Party!

I'm eagerly anticipating just this event.

We're setting up for a very good year in the stock market in 2023.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.2    2 years ago

No, it is not. I am saying when(ever) democrats are in the minority, as things now proceed up there (dismal by the way),  then they will be in the 'seats' of Thumb Party. The dismal position of "thumbs tucked in dark damp places" for now are the Republicans!  Thumb Party.

If this not clear ask again. I will be glad to communicate it until understanding can be properly attained.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.5  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.3    2 years ago

Just because money is earned, bares no SUCCESS at happiness in spending it. Just ask those conservatives dead with Covid/gun violence. As I have explained and will continue to do so, as you have heard it often in this life, but choose not to internalize it (for others not like yourselves): Money can't buy happiness or a life without sickness and death.

Keep gun proliferation around and random shooting will eventually garner somebody you are concerned (have regard for). Right now, it is evidential that you don't give a shake of a rat 'butt' for what I am concerned about. But, I do care about you—on many, many general levels.

Lastly, the stock market is dynamic ("up/down") so don't get cocky before you "EAT."

Finally, Texas has a 'gun problem' —didn't see that coming?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2    2 years ago

"The “recount” of the Dr. Oz Senate race in Pennsylvania continues. Almost two weeks now, and counting. Any big surprises in store? What does the WSJ Ed Board think now? Not exactly transparent, right? Our elections are strictly Third World. Go to SAME DAY VOTING, PAPER BALLOTS! France and others go quickly and accurately. GET SMART AMERICA!". ...Donald Trump

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    2 years ago

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer,” Mr. Obama tweeted. “ His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him .”

What a sick fuck he is

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Greg Jones @3    2 years ago
His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him .”

Because those cites are still rebuilding over the riots that come about because a crack head died of an overdose.

Mr. Obama

Fucking oxygen thief, glorifying a fucking criminal.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    2 years ago

Get off your sanctimonious Trump! You glorify white male dominion every chance you get. Let Obama speak up for a dead man. BTW, if all George Floyd represented was a drug addict, no former president would bother mentioning him. Don't be such an opportunist critic! Maybe that's why politicians don't listen to 'empty cans rolling down the street' commentary and speak out anyway? Drink up. Fill up. Speak after.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.1.1    2 years ago
Get off your sanctimonious Trump!

Where did I mention Trump?  You need to pull your head out of your 4th point of contact and fucking pay attention.

BTW, if all George Floyd represented was a drug addict, no former president would bother mentioning him.

And yet, here we are a former POTUS mentioning a drug addict.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    2 years ago
What a sick fuck he is

George Floyd wasn't shot.  So, it's even worse.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.1    2 years ago

Why are you bringing Trump up?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.2    2 years ago

I think I mentioned to you before not to mention any of my orifices in your comments. Now if you do it again I will see it as a virtual assault and unleash the force of the Kracken!

Donald Trump? You don't have to mention him! He saturates the 'airspace' all around his supporters. I thought you knew. How come you don't. When I read your comments Trump is 'indefinitely' present—as if it was campaign season 2020 and you were insultingly writing about an 'impending' Trump victory or if failure, going for 'bust' with so-called conservatives giving shots to the back of the head of liberals.

Well? You wrote it, don't blame me for reading and remembering it. (Thank you for not 'doing' it, . . . I guess.)

CB
Professor Principal
3.2  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @3    2 years ago

Nothing gets pass 'stupid' commentary apparently, Greg. Now then, who am I talking about?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Sunshine  replied to  CB @3.2    2 years ago
Now then, who am I talking about?

Obviously Obama.  I would think that Sandy Hook would still be a fresh memory for him.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.2.1    2 years ago

Nope, I am not talking about Obama. Go ahead. Just try again!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.2.2    2 years ago
Nope, I am not talking about Obama. Go ahead. Just try again!

Any Democrat in office?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

It seems that law enforcement in Uvalde can't get their stories straight. First a school security officer ''engaged'' the shooter yet no one in law enforcement could explain what that meant and how the shooter still got into the school. Yesterday law enforcement stated that no school security officer engaged the shooter and in fact there were none on the campus when the shooting took place. 

A number of parents have complained that they begged LEO's to go into the building to stop the shooter which they did not do and some of the parents tried to enter themselves and were stopped. Meanwhile, a law enforcement rep stated that the LEOs were in the building as the shooting took place. 

And today a report comes out that states that Texas police stopped fed agents from entering the building to stop the shooter.

FUBAR and the result is 19 dead children, 2 teachers and multiple wounded. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @4    2 years ago

DPS admitted today  they made the wrong call by not engaging the shooter immediately .

The response has been an ongoing disaster since the shooter crashed his car.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2  CB  replied to  Kavika @4    2 years ago

This one sadly is beyond repair at this stage. The main participants are dead and injured. Lawsuits are the order of the day! I don't say that with any glee either. I feel sorry for small town local police, because these mass shooting are sorta: "Big town level."

But, it is what it is. The national press is there and they are watching everything the small town police are doing, saying, and asking 'revealing' questions. In one sense I feel for LEOs who work to get it right but are not experienced or "well-versed" in all the moving parts to major disaster situations! And, how words can be spinned, jostled, and deeply scrutinized.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.2    2 years ago

Two months ago, the Uvalde CISD Police Department held an all day Active Shooter for School-Based Law Enforcement.  The agenda included:

• History of Active Shooter Events and Training Requirements 
  • Priorities of Action for School Based Law Enforcement 
  • Stop the Killing - Solo Response to Active Shooter Events
  • Unified Response 
  • Stop the Dying - Transition to First Aid
  • Active Shooter Event Scenario Training and Evaluation 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  CB @4.2    2 years ago
And, how words can be spinned, jostled, and deeply scrutinized.

That is why we should speculate about all reporting.  Some media platforms are biased against the police and are quick to report anything negative before verifying the validity. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.1    2 years ago

Just to be clear(er) your point is what exactly? An attempt to discredit me or discredit the LEOs involved? Because evidently it did not 'take' if what is being stated plays out in the manner explained so far.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.2.3    2 years ago
Just to be clear(er) your point is what exactly? An attempt to discredit me or discredit the LEOs involved?

I didn’t “discredit” anyone.  I just found it interesting that they had an all day class two months ago.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.5  CB  replied to  Sunshine @4.2.2    2 years ago

Sunshine, I don't know that I am suspicious of reporting, per se, because reporting is what is: Fast, competitive, and sometimes 'dirty.' Which could explain why the media seems to be 'hot' at Uvalde Police communications officers (or staffing) because the narrative is wobbly and slow to stabilize—though reporting is continuous on a 24/7 cycle.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    2 years ago

original

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

What does one have to do with the other?

This is a stupid meme yet you still post it as a loyal comrade.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @6.1    2 years ago

Must be what the head of the "woke" class is being taught or told to say.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JBB  replied to  Sunshine @6.1    2 years ago

original

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.3  CB  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    2 years ago

Congress can't keep adults safe; children fare worse. Of course, the children across this country are "exceptional-ly" well cared for-what does it matter that more and more of them are ending up dead while at school?

Schools are sadly becoming known as a new type of death center  of the United States thanks to conservative lack of concern (regard for).

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.4  CB  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    2 years ago

There they are! Police and LEOs trying to explain away why they can't protect this country when severely 'diminished' gun-toting fools are licensed in red-states EVERYWHERE. Do these conservatives even remember why the Marshal Service was founded in its beginning? To tame the wild-wild west.  Well, folks, we're WILD again!!!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @6.1.4    2 years ago
Police and LEOs trying to explain away why they can't protect this country when severely 'diminished' gun-toting fools are licensed in red-states EVERYWHERE.

Exactly, you never see this happening in NY, CT or CA.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @6.1.3    2 years ago
for-what does it matter that more and more of them are ending up dead while at school?

What’s the percentage?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.7  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.5    2 years ago

The problem here is New York and California have governors and legislatures which volunteer to act! But you know this and still you 'sit' and obfuscate with nonsense comments.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @6.1.7    2 years ago
still you 'sit' and obfuscate with nonsense comments.

What did you find nonsensical?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @6.1.3    2 years ago
Congress can't keep adults safe; children fare worse.

Do you confuse Congress with law enforcement?  We have a separation of powers and responsibilities in this country.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @6.1.7    2 years ago
The problem here is New York and California have governors and legislatures which volunteer to act

What does that mean?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.3    2 years ago
Schools are sadly becoming known as a new type of death center  of the United States thanks to conservative lack of concern (regard for).

Give it a break already.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

Yet another inane, inappropriate meme instead of something --- anything---worthwhile.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.3  MonsterMash  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

All I can say after seeing such a tasteless meme is FUCK OFF 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.1  JBB  replied to  MonsterMash @6.3    2 years ago

original

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.3.1    2 years ago

A reminder to always wash hands thoroughly, especially after contact with bodily fluids is important.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  MonsterMash @6.3    2 years ago

And when one tasteless, classless meme just isn't enough.......double down

jrSmiley_115_smiley_image.png

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.4  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.3    2 years ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.3.4    2 years ago

Tripling down now?

Sad.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.3.4    2 years ago

What SPECIFIC legislation do you want them to pass, and how would that prevent tragedies like Uvalde?

Or are memes all you have?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.7  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.5    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.3.4    2 years ago

Exactly and all legislation is good and completely worthwhile and fixes most everything.  Laws are the most important thing that we got.  Who ever said that the law is an ass is, well, an ass.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.3.7    2 years ago

I suppose dumb memes ARE all you have.

I have long suspected as much based solely on your posts.

Good to know you aren't serious about stopping mass shootings at schools.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.3.10  Snuffy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.9    2 years ago

Yeah, sure is sad that some people actually prefer dead children over a discussion about potentially helping to prevent such actions from occurring again.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Snuffy @6.3.10    2 years ago
discussion about potentially helping to prevent such actions from occurring again.

Where did you see that discussion?  Link please.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.3.4    2 years ago

5a3fdedca1c2329e.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.3.1    2 years ago

a6f402bb27852134.jpg

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Oh shit. I know a teacher that is going to kick themself in the ass..........and probably not sleep for weeks.

T he Uvalde school shooter entered Robb Elementary through a door that had been propped open by a teacher at the school, the Texas Department of Public Safety revealed Friday.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    2 years ago

Damn, that is going to be really hard to live with.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JaneDoe @7.1    2 years ago

I can't fathom...............whew......................

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  cjcold  replied to  JaneDoe @7.1    2 years ago

Had a professor who preferred to teach classes down at the college pond.

The classroom just wasn't big enough for his lecture pacing.

We all brought blankets and beer for our favorite lecturer in environmental science.

squiggy
Junior Silent
7.2  squiggy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    2 years ago

Wow.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.3  Sunshine  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    2 years ago

I know my granddaughter's elementary school became more relaxed about safety when returning from the COVID shutdown.

Before they had all doors locked all day and anyone entering the building could only enter through one main door and had to be buzzed in.  This entire school year most outside doors have been unlocked with people coming and going at will.

This will be a hard one to live with.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sunshine @7.3    2 years ago

My wifes school was the same way. I am not sure if they went back to it after Covid or not. I would hope so and especially in the advent of this tragedy.

She went to school the day after this, elementary K-5 mind you, and she said a lot of the kids were scared shitless. I can't understand why parents would expose their young minds to this but who knows. They may have tried to shelter them but to hide it may have been difficult. It just struck me.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7.3.2  JaneDoe  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.3.1    2 years ago

My daughter in law teaches 2nd grade. Her school had extra counselors on hand for students who may need them. She said a lot of students just didn’t come to school and today is their last day of class. 
To get to the student side of the school the teachers need a passcode to get through the gate and they have armed resource officers. Any visitors must enter through the office side of the grounds 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JaneDoe @7.3.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    2 years ago

Here is an interesting read.

I don't think the estimated cost of around $400k is asking too much to protect students and teachers, and I know for sure I would support school bonds for it.

This is a REAL help in finding a solution and can be done while others bitch about laws and what-ifs and waiting on politicians to solve a problem they have done nothing about.

If anyone bothers to respond--leave your politics and attacks at the door.

Indiana High School High Tech Security System (c1c.net)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @8    2 years ago

Wow good read. Thanks for posting it. That sounds awesome..................

squiggy
Junior Silent
8.2  squiggy  replied to  Texan1211 @8    2 years ago

It’s an attractive system but look at how people fight seatbelts on school buses.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  squiggy @8.2    2 years ago

This would work to at least HELP instead of waiting for years for elected officials to act.

For those wanting an end to school shootings, this could work.

Smart, common sense solution that could be implemented NOW.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.1    2 years ago
Smart, common sense solution that could be implemented NOW.

Exactly

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @8.2.2    2 years ago

Maybe instead of forgiving student loan debt, we should make people pay their loans and earmark every cent of that money to secure schools.

THAT would actually DO something besides talking.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

My response to the Select Committee:

house-minority-leader-kevin-mccarthy-answers-questions-during-a-press-picture-id1198477830?k=20&m=1198477830&s=612x612&w=0&h=dLO-DIpOI9vYkEYIEIBhVzqafJdhtNT9MumWL9gucCM=

https:// bit.ly/McCarthyLetter

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago
My response to the Select Committee:

So your real name is Elliot S. Berke ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Let us never forget them

FTySAs4UEAAy1Dh?format=jpg&name=small

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 years ago

Lol, why don't we actually do something to honor their memory? 

Nah, words are easier.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10.1    2 years ago

A mysterious good Samaritan will pay for the funerals of all victims of the massacre at Robb Elementary School in Texas, Gov. Greg Abbott said Friday.

“An anonymous donor provided $175,000 to ensure that every cost of every family concerning anything about funeral services is going to be taken care of,”   Abbott said at a press conference   announcing resources for victims of the mass shooting in Uvalde.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/anonymous-donor-will-pay-for-funerals-of-texas-school-shooting-victims/?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

I don't know, but when you think about it, that is a very logical guess!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

I hope that this isn't seen as a reflection of the largely Hispanic police force there.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
13.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13    2 years ago

Depends, are you referring to individuals with common sense, or those that lack common sense?  As to me, common sense would dictate that 'law enforcement' as a whole and not an ethnicity fuck'd up ..

JBB
Professor Principal
13.2  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13    2 years ago

original

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  JBB @13.2    2 years ago

Not fair dude. From what I understand the motherfucker had an assault rifle and was in a room with one way in/one way out. Who wants to be the point man in that situation? 

Should it have taken almost an hour to breach the room? Fuck no. But should we have just expected officers to charge into a doorway into fire that would make our body armor look like tissue paper? Again, no. Let's try to be reasonable here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.2.2    2 years ago

"The commanding officer on the scene did not allow the law enforcement to enter the rooms because he believed the shooter was barricaded and the children were not in danger. "

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.2.3    2 years ago

"Police have been vilified nationwide these past two years for excessive use of force, so there’s no small irony in the criticism raining down on police in Uvalde, Texas, for waiting outside Robb Elementary School while Salvador Ramos was barricaded inside a classroom where he had murdered 19 children.

“The on-scene commander at that time believed it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject,” Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at a news conference on Friday. “Obviously, based upon the information we have, children in that classroom were at risk and it was in fact still an active shooter . . . It was the wrong decision. Period.”

The anger of parents is all the more acute because police blocked at least one mother from entering the school. Another mother went in on her own and escaped with her children.

It isn’t clear if charging the gunman sooner would have saved lives, but that is what we expect of law enforcement. In the event, a tactical team from Customs and Border Protection arrived, stormed the classroom, and killed Ramos. One of the agents was grazed in the head with a bullet, meaning he was a half-inch away from death.

No doubt police everywhere are asking themselves how they would behave under such circumstances. But the terror in Uvalde is a reminder that, especially in these days of violence, we need the bravest to take those risks. And we need to give them the training, and the public support, to do so."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.2.2    2 years ago
Let's try to be reasonable here.

For some, not even remotely possible as long as there are stupid memes to post.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

“Remember those who gave their all in the service of America, in the service of freedom, in the service of justice. Remember their sacrifice, their valor, and their grace. Remember their smiles; their loves; their laughter; their essential, vibrant, and transcendent humanity. For while we stand amid monuments of stone, we must never forget that each of these markers, for those known and unknown, here at Arlington and far beyond represent a precious life: a son, a daughter, a mother, a spouse, a brother, a sister, a friend, a neighbor.”

Excerpt from   President Joseph R. Biden’s Remarks   at a Memorial Day Ceremony in Arlington, Virginia, May 31, 2021, DCPD-202100454

6e2a9c45aec61db84fb7ed319ba124c3

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

DOOCY: "A gallon of gas costs more than people on the federal minimum wage are making an hour. What does the White House want these people to do?"

Jean-Pierre: "The President understands what it feels like...he understands that feeling personally."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    2 years ago
Jean-Pierre: "The President understands what it feels like...he understands that feeling personally."

Maybe, just maybe, she'll circle back to that.

I'll be holding my breath.

/s