╌>

Man Arrested For Allegedly Plotting to Assassinate Kavanaugh

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  50 comments

By:   Jackson Richman (Mediaite)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Plotting to Assassinate Kavanaugh
A man was reportedly arrested early Wednesday morning near the home of Brett Kavanaugh for allegedly attempting to assassinate the Supreme Court justice.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Jackson RichmanJun 8th, 2022, 10:41 am Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

A man was arrested early Wednesday morning near the home of Brett Kavanaugh for allegedly attempting to assassinate the Supreme Court justice, the Court confirmed.

The suspect, a 26-year-old male, told law enforcement he wanted to kill Kavanaugh. The man, whose name is unknown to the public, reportedly last lived in Seattle and has a California driver's license. "The man apparently did not make it on to Kavanaugh's property in Montgomery County, but he was stopped on a nearby street," reportedThe Washington Post, citing sources familiar with the investigation.

Court spokeswoman Patricia McCabe told the AP that the suspect was arrested at about 1:50 a.m. Wednesday. The AP reported that the suspect was armed "with a gun and a knife" and confirmed the Washington Post's reporting that he told law enforcement he wanted to kill Kavanaugh.

The suspect was furious about the leaked draft opinion that would overturn the landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade and "a recent spate of mass shootings," according to the Post, citing those sources.

Since last month's leak, which was reported by Politico, protesters have descended near the homes of conservative Supreme Court justices including Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Chief Justice John Roberts, Neil Gorsuch, and Samuel Alito, who wrote the draft opinion.

Roberts denounced the leak and said that the draft decision, which he authenticated, isn't final and that he ordered the Marshal of the court to seek the leaker.

A decision in the case that could overturn Roe, Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, is expected this month or early July.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Violence against individual judges or politicians is not an answer. We need millions of people pouring into the nations streets the day after Roe is repealed, thus sending a clear message to Congress. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
We need millions of people pouring into the nations streets the day after Roe is repealed

Great another round of leftist "mostly peaceful protests".

thus sending a clear message to Congress. 

Allow them to vent their anger. Destroy public property. Get in some looting and arson against businesses. Maybe destroy some police vehicles for good measure. Threaten a few Republican politicians, church goers, and Right to Life workers if things are too slow on the protesting front. They know full well they will not be held accountable; so why not have some leftist fun?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

Because the right wing does it so much better?

220606210044-jan-6-capitol-file-010621.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

The protests following Trumps inauguration in 2017 involved millions of people, and the vast majority of it was peaceful. The same thing can happen in regards to abortion, only with even more people. 

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.3  goose is back  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

Looks like the Pro-Abortion folks need to be added to the domestic terrorist watch list. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  goose is back @1.1.3    2 years ago
Looks like the Pro-Abortion folks need to be added to the domestic terrorist watch list.

Which are only bible believing christians.  So...yeah, go for it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    2 years ago
The same thing can happen in regards to abortion, only with even more people.

Yep looks like they may have to remove the moth balls and shake the dust out of the the ol' pink pussy hats.....................

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    2 years ago
Which are only bible believing christians.  So...yeah, go for it.

W-H-A-T?????????????

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    2 years ago
W-H-A-T?????????????

Figured that it would confuse some.  The christian bibles promotes abortions against the wills of the woman.  Hence PRO -abortion, NOT Pro -choice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    2 years ago

Looks like your 'understanding' of the Bible is on par with your 'understanding' of logic.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    2 years ago

Looks like your 'understanding' of the Bible is on par with your 'understanding' of logic.

If you feel the bible does not support abortions, slavery, pedophilia, and women as 2nd class citizens, you have NO understanding of the bible.

I provided quotes and verses in the bible to support it being pro-abortion, you have provided nothing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.9    2 years ago

Phffft.

Hogwash, worthless hogwash.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    2 years ago

Hogwash, worthless hogwash.

So you are saying that the bible is worthless hogwash, since that is where the quotes and verses originated from.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    2 years ago
So you are saying that the bible is worthless hogwash, since that is where the quotes and verses originated from.

You are free to imagine whatever it is you think you read.

I'll let everyone see what I wrote and how silly your posts are.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    2 years ago
I'll let everyone see what I wrote and how silly your posts are.

You mean my posts that I backed up with facts and quotes and specific references?  As opposed to your posts, which basically consisted of "uh-uh"?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    2 years ago
You mean my posts that I backed up with facts and quotes and specific references?

Why do you consistently act as if you don't understand the words I write?

What is the problem?

Perhaps you should simply attempt to read my actual words and stop pretending I wrote something else.

That way, you can intelligently comment to me regarding my words instead of whatever it is you 'think' you read.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.15  goose is back  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    2 years ago
Which are only bible believing christians

I don't care about one's faith, add them to the terrorist watch list.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.14    2 years ago
Why do you consistently act as if you don't understand the words I write?

Because your words are based on an underlying falsehood.

Perhaps you should simply attempt to read my actual words and stop pretending I wrote something else.

I provided bible quotes and your response was that the bible, or the information in the bible, was "worthless hogwash".  Your specific words.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.16    2 years ago
Because your words are based on an underlying falsehood.

Lie.

I provided bible quotes

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

your response was that the bible, or the information in the bible, was "worthless hogwash". Your specific words.

I know exactly what I wrote.

What I don't know and can never tell from your posts is if you have ever understood what I wrote.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.17    2 years ago
What I don't know and can never tell from your posts is if you have ever understood what I wrote.

I already told you what you wrote.  I repeat:

Your response was that the bible, or the information in the bible, was "worthless hogwash".  Your specific words.

You are now claiming that I didn't understand what you wrote, despite my quoting and repeating YOUR EXACT WORDS several times now.

You said something, that you now realize you shouldn't have, so instead of admitting it, you have chosen to gaslight the truth.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  goose is back @1.1.3    2 years ago

No, that's the republicans

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.18    2 years ago
I already told you what you wrote.  I repeat: Your response was that the bible, or the information in the bible, was "worthless hogwash".  Your specific words.

And I told you I know what I wrote.

You are now claiming that I didn't understand what you wrote, despite my quoting and repeating YOUR EXACT WORDS several times now.

Not so. Stop pretending I wrote something I don't.

Here is what I actually wrote in case you want to look it over again:

Now, I can't understand that for you, but I will try to break it down for you anyway.

This means, based on what I read in your posts, that I don't know and can't tell if you understand what I wrote.

And BAM!, you have proven you don't read very carefully, or don't understand the words, or are just making shit up.

Your posts are boring me and are unworthy of any more responses.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

"We need millions of people pouring into the nations streets the day after Roe is repealed, thus sending a clear message to Congress."

The millions pouring into the streets will likely be somewhat equally divided, since there two sides to this issue

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 years ago
The millions pouring into the streets will likely be somewhat equally divided, since there two sides to this issue

Millions of people divided by a political issue pouring into the streets to voice their anger or jubilation. 

What could possibly go wrong?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
Violence against individual judges or politicians is not an answer. And Democrats in the House for not passing a  Supreme Court security bill  in the wake of a man being arrested near Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home Wednesday morning.

Now, why would house Democrats hold this up? I guess the security of the SCOTUS Justices aren't as important as the security of the House.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3    2 years ago

If a happy accident occurs and one of the conservative judges dies; then the Democrats will do the proper condolences and belated calls for peace and peaceful protest only; and within a month be screaming at Republicans for their new nominee to be confirmed. 

"Never let a good crisis go to waste", especially if the Democrats can manufacture that crisis themselves.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3.1    2 years ago
If a happy accident occurs and one of the conservative judges dies; then the Democrats will do the proper condolences and belated calls for peace and peaceful protest only; and within a month be screaming at Republicans for their new nominee to be confirmed.

A month??

More like 2 weeks, tops.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Not really a surprise. We've already seen domestic terrorist attacks against pregnancy centers following the leak  and getting a conservative justice killed may have been the entire point.  Given Schumer's embrace of violent rhetoric, the administration's refusal to condemn doxxing of justices and Pelosi's refusal to pass a bipartisan bill to protect Supreme court justices, the democrats are doing everything they can to signal violence is okay without actually crossing the line to incitement. We are lucky no one has been killed, yet.

It goes without saying the reaction to an attempted assassination would be so much stronger if it was a right wing affiliated person trying to kill Sotomayor and Republican politicians had been acting like Schumer and the Democrats.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago
Not really a surprise. We've already seen domestic terrorist attacks against pregnancy centers following the leak

Agreed, it is not a surprise that the more radical among the pro-choicers have adopted the methods of the more radical among the pro-lifers.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @2.1    2 years ago

Hopefully he will be sentenced like the more radical among the pro-lifers that use those tactics.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    2 years ago
allegedly

Exactly. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @3    2 years ago

"The suspect, a 26-year-old male, told law enforcement he wanted to kill Kavanaugh."

That's pretty much NOT allegedly....................

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 years ago

James Hodgkinson was the "alleged" shooter in 2017.

The FBI says the man who opened fire on a group of Republican members of Congress on Wednesday is 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., who was shot by police and later died at a hospital.

The alleged shooter expressed fervent opposition to the Republican Party and called for higher taxes on the rich, in statements on social media and letters to a local newspaper.   (emphasis mine)

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 years ago

Well, if he's a Dem/Lib, that gives him room to walk back saying that no one really understood that was not what he meant when he said that.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 years ago

"The suspect, a 26-year-old male, told law enforcement he wanted to kill Kavanaugh."

That's pretty much NOT allegedly....................

Let's not forget that he called the cops, ON HIMSELF!!  So, by right wing logic, he qualifies as "a good guy with a gun".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.3    2 years ago
So, by right wing logic, he qualifies as "a good guy with a gun".

Your alleged "understanding" of any logic is woefully inadequate.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.3    2 years ago
Let's not forget that he called the cops, ON HIMSELF!!  So, by right wing logic, he qualifies as "a good guy with a gun"

That makes absoLUTEly no sense.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.3    2 years ago

You been drinking with Pelosi?  That would be the only way that would make sense.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.3    2 years ago

And by left wing logic he will be released w/o charges; because there isn't enough evidence to prosecute. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.7    2 years ago
And by left wing logic he will be released w/o charges; because there isn't enough evidence to prosecute.

The ignorance of that statement goes beyond all reason.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 years ago

Well gee, he didn't actually kill the whiny little bitch so case dismissed right?  No problem right?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    2 years ago
he didn't actually kill the whiny little bitch so case dismissed right? 

That's pretty much the liberal stance on it.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    2 years ago
Well gee, he didn't actually kill the whiny little bitch so case dismissed right?  No problem right?

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Per Chuck Schumer......................

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price," Schumer  said at the rally . "You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago

Sean Davis had a nice point:

”“Now go peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard”

“You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you.”

Guess which one of these quotes led to a media meltdown, impeachment, and over a year’s worth of congressional inquisitions.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    2 years ago

Funny how the SS tackled a woman with a megaphone protesting for abortion rights in LA during Biden's visit and detained her while the feds continue to ignore the law against protesting at Justices' homes.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @6    2 years ago

Hey, she was yelling things Biden didn't want to hear. Following his usual code of conduct that meant a confrontation with Biden threatening physical harm to the woman. 

The secret service damn well didn't want to have to explain why they had to rescue Biden from a woman beating his frail pathetic pasty white ass. It was easier to tackle the woman and remove her from the area to save Biden from himself.

As for not protecting Supreme Court justices at their homes. It is only conservative justices that are being threatened and harassed; so the law doesn't apply. That is the the tier justice system we have now; and people on the right had better get used to it.