╌>

Internal Capitol Police review found sweeping intelligence, security failures on Pelosi's watch

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  89 comments

By:   John Solomon (Just The News)

Internal Capitol Police review found sweeping intelligence, security failures on Pelosi's watch
Secret after-action report cited widespread ineptitude and inadequate riot squads, found closing of open-source intelligence unit may have contributed to tragedy.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Capitol Police compiled a secret after-action review months after the Jan. 6 riots that identified sweeping blunders by the department ranging from delayed deployment of specialized civil disturbance units to the fateful dismantling of an intelligence unit that monitored social media for threats.

Identifying 53 areas of failure needing corrective action, the June 4, 2021 report, obtained by Just the News, produces a far more stark portrait of leadership failures than those offered by Democrat-led investigations, making abundantly clear that the Capitol Police under House Speaker Nancy Pelosi were ill-equipped to defend one of America's most symbolic and high-value institutions two decades after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Specifically, the report stated that some Capitol Police leaders had received intelligence from outside sources like the FBI warning of the strong potential for violence, including the targeting of lawmakers, on the day Congress certified the 2020 election, but those warnings were not properly distilled into the operational plan given to front-line commanders or highlighted in the summary section known as the "Bottom Line Up Front."

"The assessment for 1/6 contained a BLUF that did not express the severity of the threat or the fact that USCP actually had knowledge of a plan in place," according to the report. "The statement that protesters may be armed was included, but it was never expressed with the urgency that they planned to overtake the Capitol and target Members of Congress."

Instead of clear warnings to its forces, Capitol Police leaders put "a generic, all-encompassing quote" in the operational plan that was too vague to convey the true threat level, the report said.

That intelligence failure was exacerbated, the review concluded, when new department leadership installed after Pelosi became Speaker decided to dismantle the department's open-source intelligence unit that scanned for threats on social media.

The lost window into the overt discussion of violence on social media prior to Jan. 6 may have contributed to the tragedy by further blinding commanders and officers to the potential for serious violence, the report.

"Individuals with the most experience extrapolating open-source material were not tasked with reviewing social media to glean intel related to the event," the report stated.

"The social media unit was immediately and essentially dismantled under the new leadership," it added. "New office reassignments and steering away from the concepts of having subject matter experts may have contributed to the tragedy."

You can read the full report here:

File USCP-Jan6AfterActionReportandRecommendations6-4-21.pdf

Senate committee, House committee and Capitol Police inspector general reports that were released last year during political hearings and guided by the testimony of the department's leadership faulted the department in some areas, including intelligence and preparations.

But the internal after-action report was constructed from observations from 44 different submissions from frontline Capitol Police commanders and officers to its Coordination Unit, providing a specificity of failings and an unvarnished assessment of the senior leadership and its grasp on command and control during the crisis on Jan. 6.

Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Ill, the ranking member of the House Administration Committee, told Just the News on Tuesday night the report raises grave concerns that Democrats who control Congress seem disinterested to pursue.

"The recently revealed After-Action report confirms what I've been saying for years, that Speaker Pelosi and Congressional Democrats are not focused on the serious security failures that occurred under their watch," Davis said. "Not only did the United States Capitol Police admit that their open source intelligence capabilities were essentially dismantled under a change in leadership within the Intelligence Division prior to 1/6, but the report clearly shows they had knowledge of the potential for violence yet failed to take the necessary steps to protect the Capitol.

"The Democratic Majority's incompetence and unwillingness to fix long-standing issues was a main contributor to the security failure on January 6th. There must be immediate accountability and reform," he said.

Just the News reached out to the Capitol Police public affairs office, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the after-action report.

As Speaker, Pelosi serves as the mayor of the U.S. Capitol, overseeing the sergeant at arms. As Democrats try to make a case that former President Donald Trump tried to foment the violence that occurred on Jan. 6, they have been unable to address the biggest contradiction: Trump authorized the Pentagon on Jan. 4, 2021 to send up to 20,000 National Guard troops to prevent any violence, and Congress turned down the request. Former Police Chief Steve Sund, who resigned in the aftermath, said he repeatedly requested such troops and was turned down by leadership.

The internal Capitol Police report doesn't address that issue but makes sweeping assessments about other failures. It was not, however, provided to many of those who requested to see it, including Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.).

"Although the Capitol Police did provide responses to my oversight requests, they did not continue to provide additional information as they developed it, denying the American public a fuller accounting of what happened on January 6, 2021," Johnson told Just the News on Tuesday night. "The big question that remains unanswered - and I doubt the House's partisan special committee will even be asking it - is "What role did Speaker Pelosi play and to what extent is she responsible for the lack of Capitol security preparation?"

The internal report notably validates the claims of some Capitol Police whistleblowers who have approached Congress or whistleblower groups in recent months suggesting Capitol Police leadership had not given lawmakers a full assessment of the department's failures on one of the most violent days in the history of the Capitol, according to a senior law enforcement official directly familiar with the report's creation.

"It provides a very important, and very different perspective from the personnel actually asked to do the job of protecting the Capitol, lawmakers and legislative staff in a moment of crisis," the official said, speaking only on condition of anonymity. "Its findings aren't filtered by leaders or politicians and come directly from the frontlines. They make clear the Capitol was not protected in a proactive way."

Asked whether the Capitol could have been spared the worst violence and damage had many of the 53 documented failures been prevented, the official answered: "Likely so, but we will never no because no one wants to ask those hard questions."

Former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik reviewed the report at Just the News' request and said Tuesday night it pointed to failure at the highest level of Capitol security.

The report details "a lack of leadership," he told the "Just the News, Not Noise" TV show. "It's a lack of preparedness. This is an event on this day that they were looking at for a week or two prior. You mean to tell me that nobody, nobody made any preemptive plans on how they were going to deal with any protests, any crowd, any large gathering around the Capitol for their quick reaction force ... That's crazy."

Kerik, who helped former President Donald Trump investigate 2020 election irregularities and was recently interview by the House Jan. 6 committee, said lawmakers showed no interest in investigating the security failures he saw that day. He said the real lessons to be learned won't be complete until Congress has new leadership, possibly after the November elections.

"You know, somebody's got to look at this, and it's gonna be up to the next administration," he said. "The next House is going to have to do that."

The report's emergence comes just days before House Democrats launch nationally televised prime-time hearings on the Jan. 6 tragedy they admit are designed to blame Trump and his advisers for creating an environment conducive to violence.

But the after-action report found there was sweeping blame to be shared by the Capitol Police leadership, citing failures as large as poor communications, staffing, equipment and preparations and as small as doors to Senate areas that did not lock properly and elevators leading to a sensitive floor of the complex that did not get secured during the mayhem.

One of the starkest findings was the failure of Capitol Police executives to deploy their specialized Civil Disturbance Units quickly and effectively.

"CDU squads did not respond in a timely manner," the report concluded. "When the riot broke out, a CDU hard platoon stood by the Senate air shaft for several minutes as officers were on the Lower West Terrace fighting."

A variety of reasons was cited for the slow and uneven deployment of the CDU units, including:

• Equipment was "stored in locations that were difficult to access which led to slower response times," including on a bus that officers did not have the key to unlock.
  • Equipment was poorly designed and did not allow effective radio communications by CDU officers, requiring some to remove gas masks to communicate.
  • Unit training had been focused on operating in an "urban environment" with "defined barriers" and not on an "open campus" like the sprawling Capitol complex. "Commanders should work on better tactics for the open environment of the Capitol Grounds as opposed to narrow streets in the middle of a major city," the report recommended.
  • Leaders did not have adequate planning for an event of such severity. "There were not enough hard platoons deployed for the day," it noted.
  • CDU officers had been taken off their regular duty to cover other assignments, leaving an inadequate number to respond to the riot.
  • The department did not have adequate numbers of CDU officers training in non-lethal tactics and did not have enough ammunition for such non-lethal encounters.

"The USCP has less than 15 lethal trained officers on the CDU," the report said. "The less than lethal officers tried to hold back the crowd with their ammunitions, but that proved to be ineffective as there was only one small team deployed to dispense less than lethal. The rioters wore goggles, masks, and other makeshift face protection. There was not enough less than lethal equipment deployed and on several occasions officers had to retrieve additional ammunition."

Remarkably, five months after the Capitol riot the CDU leadership had not revised its strategy and plans to address a future event as severe. "Since this event, no CDU officers from other shifts have received plans for future similar events," according to the report. "The Department has continued to staff the same 8-12 hour day shifts without further discussion or training."

The report found that even the basics of physical security — like secure elevators and locked doors — were failures in a Capitol building long feared to be a target of terrorists and violent political extremists.

"Building physical security did not perform as anticipated during the incident," the report noted. "Doors in the chambers did not secure properly. Doors within the Capitol were easily kicked in. Windows were broken by rioters on the first floor to gain access."

Similarly, sensitive offices on the 4th floor of the Capitol were left accessible. "Unauthorized personnel were utilizing the elevator to gain access to the fourth floor in the US Capitol," the report said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Documents:

File USCP-Jan6AfterActionReportandRecommendations6-4-21.pdf

Yup, John Solomon is right. We won't be hearing anything about it tonight.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

John Soloman is nothing but a far right wing propagandist and liar.

His highly biased opinions mean less than nothing to a reality based thinker.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.1    2 years ago
John Soloman is nothing but a far right wing propagandist and liar.

Oh, so we WILL be hearing about it tonight?

Wanna bet no Democrat brings it up???

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 years ago

The only way way the Dems would be bringing it up is to blame it on the Trump administration.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
Yup, John Solomon is right.

You could NOT have actually READ that document and made that statement truthfully. 

Tell you what Vic, provide proof that Nancy Pelosi has responsibility for the Capitol Police. I'll wait. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2    2 years ago

Oh you want me to post another link?

Ok here:

"Due to the rules of the United States Capitol, the power structure of the Capitol, Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House, has more control and authority and responsibility over the leadership of the Capitol police than anyone else in the United States Capitol

And I know all the leftist news outlets are trying to use a technicality to deny that fact. They are all easily found when you google this issue. All trying to protect Pelosi.

Here it is:

"Pelosi as speaker does not directly oversee the U.S. Capitol Police (USCP),  according to  the Associated Press, but does appoint a House sergeant at arms, who is on the  Capitol Police Board  that oversees the department."

I want everyone to see what you are up to.

It is Pelosi who appoints the Sergeant at arms and therefore, indirectly she is responsible.

And of course you have nothing to say about Bowser nixing the Guard that Trump approved.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago

Is anyone here going to watch this tonight? I wasn't going to but now I am kind of curious.

I may try yet will probably get bored.

I think our government is jumping the shark.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago

Enough with the bamboozling Vic, this isnt the Infowars comment board. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @1.2.2    2 years ago
Is anyone here going to watch this tonight? I

Of course. I'm surprised you have doubts. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.2    2 years ago
Is anyone here going to watch this tonight? I wasn't going to but now I am kind of curious.

I may try yet will probably get bored.

I think our government is jumping the shark.

I'm probably going to just concede on the boredom front and watch something else.  I would go to the gym, but I'm not out of quarantine yet.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago
Ok here:
Here it is:

All that proves is that Rep. Banks doesn't know WTF he's talking about. 

I want everyone to see what you are up to.

It is Pelosi who appoints the Sergeant at arms and therefore, indirectly she is responsible.

That comment is galactically obtuse Vic. 

First of all, your seed isn't about the Sergeant at arms, it's about the Capitol Police. In FACT, the document you at the center of your seed does NOT mention the Sergeant at arms at all. 

So, WHY the deflection Vic? 

Secondly, there are 2 Sergeant at arms, one for the Senate, one for the House. BOTH are ELECTED by the members. 

Thirdly, the House Chamber was NEVER breached, the Senate Chamber was. 

Where is your outrage about Mitch McConnell's failures?

And of course you have nothing to say about Bowser nixing the Guard that Trump approved.

More deflection Vic. You seem to be having a problem staying on topic. 

But hey, if you want to read what I have to say about the DC Mayor and the National Guard AGAIN, here's a link:

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago

I see that my reply had so many facts that it left you speechless. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

GREAT INFO first thing this morning. This is what the fucking Jan 6 committee was supposed to be for. To find out what happened and how to prevent it in the future. Not some bullshit "making sure that Donald Trump never runs for public office again" campaign.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    2 years ago
To find out what happened

We already know  what happened - a large mob of deluded and demented Donald Trump fans tried to intimidate Congress into changing the election results, based on nothing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
based on nothing. 

I think you forgot what Marc Elias accomplished.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
We already know  what happened

Well no shit. Been saying that since the 7th even though poo pooed by those on the left. We saw it. Now we are getting closer to the why as provided in the seeded article. So now we have some fairly good insight on how to prevent it which is what the premise was for forming this clown show of a shit show committee.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
We already know  what happened

And it's looking more and more like your narrative of what happened is crumbling.  Although it's not surprising.  

But you keep spinning it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago
And it's looking more and more like your narrative of what happened is crumbling.  Although it's not surprising.  

I dont have a narrative, I have a God given common sense and good reading comprehension ability. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    2 years ago
I dont have a narrative,
DELETED

That is the funniest thing I've seen today.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

This isn’t really news.    It’s a reaffirmation of what we already knew.

Pelosi is a partisan POS.    The worst California has to offer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago

Do you think she did away with the open source capabilities because she believed that protests in DC would always come from the left?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

The really operant comment is as follows:

Trump authorized the Pentagon on Jan. 4, 2021 to send up to 20,000 National Guard troops to prevent any violence, and Congress turned down the request. Former Police Chief Steve Sund, who resigned in the aftermath, said he repeatedly requested such troops and was turned down by leadership. The internal Capitol Police report doesn't address that issue but makes sweeping assessments about other failures. It was not, however, provided to many of those who requested to see it, including Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.).

Cover up city.    Pelosi owns Jan 6th.    No matter what the work of fiction today talks about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 years ago

Do you want to hear something funny: We have a member here who thinks Trump could only authorize the DC National Guard. They don't don't seem to know the President can call for the Guard in multiple states - just like was done after the incident.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

Nothing here surprises me any more.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 years ago
Cover up city.    Pelosi owns Jan 6th.    No matter what the work of fiction today talks about.

Garbage. The mob that descended on the capitol building that day had a goal. That goal was to "stop the steal" by any means necessary. None of those 50,000 (or whatever it was) people who were there had a legitimate reason to protest. Trump asked them to come and there are numerous video interviews where the rioters said that they came because Trump asked them to. 

50,000 Americans show up to try and intimidate the Congress into rejecting the legitimate results of the election , then riot , injuring well over a hundred cops, and all this done for the fraudulent benefit of Donald Trump, and you want to blame Nancy Pelosi?   Sorry Charlie. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.3    2 years ago

The way they say it makes it seem as though they know what they are talking about. She also maintains that since Minority Leader McCarthy was denied seating his own members on the committee, that his reaction was somehow the initial cause of Pelosi filling the committee with Trump haters.

Where is the logic these days?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    2 years ago

Pelosi listens to her Police Chief and the situation likely gets contained with the help of the National Guard.    Pelosi demonstrated a complete failure of leadership.

Complete.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    2 years ago
Sorry Charlie. 

Sorry John. Pelosi is an authoritarian who scaled down security as soon as she became Speaker again. She must have thought the protestors would be just yards from the Trump White House.   She needs to be questioned, but then again, your committee is a big fraud.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago
Where is the logic these days?

Too many brains these days are being rotted by partisan hatred and TDS. Common sense goes out the window ....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.8    2 years ago

And don't forget the influence of Derrick Bell.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.7    2 years ago

Why was the mob there at all?  There was no legitimate reason for any of them to be there that day. 

There was an illegitimate reason though. Trump had asked them to come and help him intimidate Congress into changing the election results. 

What is amazing is that this is KNOWN, not speculation, yet you and the rest of the right fantasize about the whole thing being Nancy Pelosis fault. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago

McCarthy wanted to put Jim Jordan and a couple other crackpot conspiracy theorists on the committee in order to turn it into a circus and sabotage it. 

Pelosi had no choice but to say no. If McCarthy had put forward some responsible people instead of MAGA fools who beclown Congress it would have been a different story. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    2 years ago
There was no legitimate reason for any of them to be there that day. 

Their reasons were at least as righteous as any protest in this country.    At least the peaceful ones.    Sad that you can’t recognize that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 years ago
Pelosi owns Jan 6th.

But you know the left will try (and fail) to spin this to fit the narrative they've been pushing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.12    2 years ago
Their reasons were at least as righteous as any protest in this country.  

Ridiculous. Their reasons werent righteous at all. Trump utterly failed to prove the election was stolen , even though he tried mightily for the two months between the election and Jan 6.  Yet tens of thousands of people decided to "stop the steal".  The idea that most of them went there mainly to sing kumbaya and "protest" is silly.  Their boss didnt want a protest, he wanted to prevent Congress from certifying the election. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    2 years ago
Why was the mob there at all? 

Why did a mob burn a historic DC church and threaten to storm the Trump White House?   The answer John, is that we allow protests, even where we shouldn't.

There was no legitimate reason for any of them to be there that day. 

John, if you don't want elections questioned, DON"T TAMPER WITH THEM!  Beyond that the dems and Obama's FBI screwed with Trump for 4 years. Of course Trump was paranoid!

Trump had asked them to come and help him intimidate Congress into changing the election results. 

Trump believed he was screwed. Has it ever happened before?  The evidence is that Joe Kennedy probably stole the 1960 election. There were other questionable elections, like Truman winning his Senate seat. The think is that Trump had been screwed at every turn and the 2020 election had significant rule changes, so if anybody had a right to not trust the powerful elite, it was him.

What is amazing is that this is KNOWN, not speculation, yet you and the rest of the right fantasize about the whole thing being Nancy Pelosis fault. 

If the committee claims to be looking at how it happened, they have a duty to look into security measures.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    2 years ago
McCarthy wanted to put Jim Jordan and a couple other crackpot conspiracy theorists on the committee in order to turn it into a circus and sabotage it. 

He has the right to put his own members on there, despite what you or Pelosi or Bill Ayers considers them.

Pelosi had no choice but to say no. 

She is a radical leftist who broke precedent. She wrongly impeached Trump twice and lets not forget how obnoxious she has been as Speaker.

If McCarthy had put forward some responsible people instead of MAGA fools who beclown Congress it would have been a different story. 

I don't think even you believe that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.15    2 years ago
Trump believed he was screwed.

You dont understand Trump, you make endless failed excuses for him. In 2016 he said the only way he could lose is if the Democrats cheated. He won that time so people forgot about what he said. Four years later he says the same thing but this time he lost so the conspiracy garbage took hold. 

In 2024 he will say the same thing, and people like you will fall for it. Hell, just a couple weeks ago he tried to claim that voter fraud was perpetrated against Dr Oz, his candidate in Pennsylvania. 

Are you ever going to wake up to what this guy is?  I doubt it. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.18  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.15    2 years ago
...if you don't want elections questioned,DON"T TAMPER WITH THEM! 

I don't think he did. And as for the 2020 presidential election, no evidence has been found that would indicate tampering at the level necessary to change the outcome, and actually very little evidence of any attempted tampering was found. These are the facts that some people chose and continue to choose to ignore. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.19  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.16    2 years ago
He has the right to put his own members on there, despite what you or Pelosi or Bill Ayers considers them.

The language of the rules says "after consultation". This does not mean that he gets who he wants, it means mutually agreed upon.

After Consultation  means with due regard for the views of any person with whom a delegating authority is required to consult before he exercises a delegated or sub-delegated power;

And, before you ask:

Due regard  means the regard that is appropriate in all the circumstances. In the case of controversial matters such as service closures or reductions, considerable thought will need to be given the equalities aspects.

The nation needs to stop playing "Gimme-gitcha-gotcha" in politics. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.20  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    2 years ago
Garbage. The mob that descended on the capitol building that day had a goal. That goal was to "stop the steal" by any means necessary. None of those 50,000 (or whatever it was) people who were there had a legitimate reason to protest. Trump asked them to come and there are numerous video interviews where the rioters said that they came because Trump asked them to. '

3 problems with your statement. 

1. There is no problem with Trump asking them to attend. Heard of the right of peaceful assembly?
  2. Their goal was to protest the election; which the vast majority of them did peacefully. 
  3. You don't get to decide what people get to protest over. BLM and Antifa protests weren't legitimate either. Their soul goal was to coerce judges and juries into giving guilty verdicts to police. "Defund the police" remember that BS and the damage it is now causing? Far more damage was caused by BLM and Antifa riots than Jan 6th to private and public property, law enforcement, and our judicial system. Yet the left continue with their BS about "mostly peaceful" protests. 

Three strikes you should already be out; but you continued.

50,000 Americans show up to try and intimidate the Congress into rejecting the legitimate results of the election , then riot , injuring well over a hundred cops, and all this done for the fraudulent benefit of Donald Trump, and you want to blame Nancy Pelosi?   Sorry Charlie. 

You think 50,000 Americans rioted on Jan 6th? Seriously? Show anywhere where all 50,000 in attendance rioted. At most it was a couple of thousand. Maybe not even that since they are trying to charge people that were ushered into the Capital Building by police; and did nothing but walk around the main galley and leave, after the riot was long over.

Yes, Nancy is to blame. She turned down Trump's offer of 20,000 National Guard troops. Think the riot would have occurred with that many troops sitting there. Or are you going to try and claim the 20,000 would have been loyal to Trump; and joined in to overthrow the government? Trump isn't the one that demanded National Guardsmen sign loyalty oaths to him and the Republican Party. Know which President did that? Biden, and we didn't hear a peep out of anyone on the left over that.

Changes were made to the Capitol Police leadership after she became speaker- read the article to find out what those changes were. 

Pelosi and Democrat need to take a good amount of responsibility for Jan 6th. By not cracking down on BLM and Antifa riots throughout 2020; and giving aid, comfort, and legitimacy to the rioters- they set the ground for the Jan 6th riot. The idiots thought there wouldn't be consequences for rioting- no one needs to wonder where they got that idea from. Unfortunately for them there is a two tier justice system in the US. Democrats only back far leftist rioters; and the DA's, AG's, and DOJ are very lenient with little or no sentencing/charges. Being a far right rioter means you are subject to the full extent of the law.

Jan 6th didn't happen in a bubble- no matter how badly the Democrats want to scream otherwise.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.20    2 years ago
  • There is no problem with Trump asking them to attend. Heard of the right of peaceful assembly?
  • Their goal was to protest the election; which the vast majority of them did peacefully. 

Assembly for what purpose?  This was not a mere protest. Trump himself , an hour before, told them to go to the Capitol and fight like hell. For him. 

After they broke into the Capitol Building some of the mob said they were there because Trump asked them to be there. Did they think they were going to be allowed to "protest" on the House floor? 

Not for one second was this a legitimate "protest". Protest of what? Trump and his deranged crew tried for two months to prove the election was fraudulent and came up empty time after time. All before Jan 6.  Jan 6 was the end of the road, which is why Trump held his last ditch rally where he once again asked Pence to follow the Eastman plan. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.22  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.21    2 years ago
Assembly for what purpose?  This was not a mere protest. Trump himself , an hour before, told them to go to the Capitol and fight like hell. For him. 

Prove it. Your statement doesn't correspond with this. 

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

The president did mention walking to the Capitol in a peaceful manner. Those who defend the president also point to a call to vote out members of Congress who do not agree with Trump.

"If they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight," Trump said. "You primary them. We're going to let you know who they are."

He also said he and the crowd would "walk down to the Capitol" to "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women."

"We're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you'll never take back our country with weakness," he said. "You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

That really sounds like pushing a mob to riot.

After they broke into the Capitol Building some of the mob said they were there because Trump asked them to be there. Did they think they were going to be allowed to "protest" on the House floor? 

They are idiots. Read my entire post 3.1.20. Those idiots thought they would be treated with the same kid gloves that BLM and Antifa rioters were by the DA's, AG's, and DOJ. Not exactly the smartest damn people in the universe; since they forgot about our two tier justice system. They are on the right; and will always be held to the full extent of the law. I posted what Trump said in his speech. Show me where he told them to enter the Capitol Building? 

Not for one second was this a legitimate "protest". Protest of what? Trump and his deranged crew tried for two months to prove the election was fraudulent and came up empty time after time. All before Jan 6.  Jan 6 was the end of the road, which is why Trump held his last ditch rally where he once again asked Pence to follow the Eastman plan.

Again, you don't get to decide what is a legitimate protest and what is not. You are not a dictator; and no matter how Fascist the Democrats get they will not be able to restrict free speech or the right to peacefully assemble.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.22    2 years ago
Again, you don't get to decide what is a legitimate protest and what is not. You are not a dictator; and no matter how Fascist the Democrats get they will not be able to restrict free speech or the right to peacefully assemble.

"Protesting" an election in which there is not an iota of proof of fraud is not legitimate. 

They "protested" on Trump's say so. 

You dont get to make up your own reality out of thin air. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.23    2 years ago

So you argue that even the peaceful George Floyd protests weren't legitimate, given how many protesters believed imaginary things, like cops killing thousands of unarmed blacks a year.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.24    2 years ago

On, no, that is completely different.

Logic doesn't apply to leftist protests.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.23    2 years ago

That hilarious given you are the person who said:

They "protested" on Trump's say so

Do you really do ANY research before you start flapping your lips?  I believe Trump stated:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

Oh look at that.  This IS what he said.  But you ignored all that and for what?  And the sad thing is, this is the SECOND time you have been shown this on this thread alone.  Yet you make fabricated and unfounded statements like " They "protested" on Trump's say so".  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.14    2 years ago

Your viewpoint of free speech is obtuse at best and tyrannical at worst.    You don’t get to choose which protest is acceptable and which isn’t.     Free speech isn’t just JR approved speech.  

And thank God for that.

Back to my point.    Pelosi passed on added security offered up by Trump.   A complete leadership failure.    

Pelosi owns Jan 6th

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.23    2 years ago

I do suppose that right is yours exclusively.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.26    2 years ago

You should read that entire article instead of talking nonsense again. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.30  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

I think its a safe guess that the National Guard presence offered by Trump was turned down, well, because it was Trump that offered it.  I'm pretty sure Pelosi turned it down in the hopes that things go sideways and give her leverage to blame Trump.  But like everything else, it come out that the offer was turned down and it is coming back to bite her and the Democrats in the ass (again).  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.29    2 years ago

I did.  It doesn't change the fact you are parroting bullshit.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.32  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.27    2 years ago
Pelosi owns Jan 6th

That comment is ridiculous. But then, what else is new? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.32    2 years ago
But then, what else is new? 

Nothing you parrot.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.34  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.24    2 years ago
George Floyd protests weren't legitimate, given how many protesters believed imaginary things,

Tens of thousands of people protested the death of George Floyd. You have no idea what they thought. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.35  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.34    2 years ago
You have no idea what they thought.

And yet, you think you know what everybody was thinking on Jan 6th? 

And you chastise others about ridiculous comments.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.34    2 years ago
Tens of thousands of people protested the death of George Floyd. You have no idea what they thought. 

I would like to know what many of the Portlanders thought.  They were primarily white people protesting in the whitest major city, a city were white families make twice as much as black families and blacks are killed 12 times as much as whites.  Black kids are suspended 5 times as often as white kids.  Thirty-three percent of middle schoolers in the district said they felt unsafe going to school.

“Sometimes we don’t feel safe in this school because there’s been a lot of racism and just a lot of bullies here lately," said Lyman Moore 8th grader, Maya Henderson. Henderson said she experienced a lot of bullying during the past school year. As she prepares to graduate from high school, she hopes that things will improve for the students below her.\

Instead of protesting the killing of George Floyd, they should have been protesting the racism of their liberal Portlandia.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.37  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.32    2 years ago

Your comment is ridiculous, outrageous and egregious.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.34    2 years ago

I know what a lot of them thought.    

Free malt liquor, free mad dog 20/20, free kicks, free wife beater tank tops, free etc, etc.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.39  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.38    2 years ago
Free malt liquor, free mad dog 20/20, free kicks, free wife beater tank tops, free etc, etc.

Knowing no one will stop them.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.40  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.15    2 years ago
Trump believed he was screwed.

Bullshit.

Trump claimed that the election would be "rigged" early in 2020. 

If the committee claims to be looking at how it happened, they have a duty to look into security measures.

How many times do you have to be told that there has ALREADY been a Congressional investigation before you acknowledge that FACT Vic?

Here is a link to the 128 page report that they released:

Jan-6-HSGAC-Rules-Report.pdf (d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net)

Now, if you can't acknowledge that the 'security measures' have been 'looked into' by Congress, after actually READING that report, I can't help you Vic. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.41  Ronin2  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.36    2 years ago

You need to remember those rich white kids protesting and rioting weren't a part of Antifa- they said so themselves when they were arrested./S

The Democrats and leftist morons in the press claim they are really far right agitators trying to gin up racial tensions. They said so repeatedly- so it has to be true.

Ah yes, the accelerationists. the left's new boogeyman among Fascists. Looking for proof it is in the US- just Google the term and brace yourself for the leftist BS. Mind you not one damn arrest has connected anyone with that movement; but leftists know better!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.42  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago
Do you want to hear something funny: We have a member here who thinks Trump could only authorize the DC National Guard. They don't don't seem to know the President can call for the Guard in multiple states - just like was done after the incident.

Do you want to hear something funny? Even after being proven WRONG, we still have a member here who thinks that their are 20,000 members of the DCNG. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    2 years ago

The vast majority of the "50,000" were there simply to protest. The protest then escalated because a handful of radical right wingers forced their way inside. No evidence has been presented that the resultant rioting was planned or expected

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1  Thomas  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Thomas @4.1    2 years ago

That count is far closer than the left's "mostly peaceful" protests of 2020.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.2  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 years ago
No evidence has been presented that the resultant rioting was planned or expected

Considering several people are now being charged with seditious conspiracy you may want to revise this post.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  evilone @4.2    2 years ago

None of which are associated with Trump, or his administration, in any way shape or form.

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then- President Donald Trump , according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

But keep the sedition BS alive! Get Trump at all costs! Screw the Constitution, our laws, and our Justice System. Trump must be removed as a threat to Democrat power; so he is not to be allowed to run for President again! 

evilone
Professor Guide
4.2.2  evilone  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.1    2 years ago
None of which are associated with Trump, or his administration, in any way shape or form.

You typed a lot of bullshit to move the goalposts. I don't see Trump mentioned anywhere in Greg's post. So as I said, he may want to revise it. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.1    2 years ago
Trump must be removed as a threat to Democrat power

Trump must be removed as a threat to democracy.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  evilone @4.2.2    2 years ago

Trying to pretend the Jan 6 committee is the move to impeach Trump part III? Not that they can legally impeach him again; but they sure as hell want to.

My post stands.

Despite Democrat bullshit their was no coup attempt. No sedition. As my posts states the FBI found that a few small disorganized groups were trying to plan something; but there was no central command structure. There sure as hell isn't any evidence that any of them even carried out their plans on Jan 6; which was a clusterfuck of stupidity. That includes Pelosi, Bowser, Schumer, the FBI, and the DC police. 

They can charge these stupid far alt right Fascist fucks with whatever they want. With DC juries I am sure they will get the sentencing they desire.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @4.2.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Trump is out of office. The Democrats have full control the executive and Congressional branches. They have this country heading directly into the toilet. Wide open border with record setting number of illegals crossing every damn month; increasing gas prices; rampant inflation; high violent crime rates; US citizens still abandoned in Afghanistan- Biden has no plans to get them out; and the US heading towards a full blown recession. That is if Biden doesn't poke the Russian bear hard enough to destroy the whole planet first.

"But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!" Fucking pathetic as always.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.2.3    2 years ago

His supporters/enablers also.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3    2 years ago

Ask the 90+ Gymnasts suing the FBI for over a billion dollars if they can be trusted.

That three letter acronym swamp needs a good douching to flush all the turds like Petie Strzok that are still left there.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.1    2 years ago
Ask the 90+ Gymnasts suing the FBI for over a billion dollars if they can be trusted.

DEEEEEFLECTION!!!

That three letter acronym swamp needs a good douching to flush all the turds like Petie Strzok that are still left there.

So rather than discuss the evidence presented, you choose to just call the FBI names.

cef173f99e514a78eae54418c2086f40--funny-shit-hilarious.jpg

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3.3  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.1    2 years ago
That three letter acronym swamp needs a good douching

I imagine all criminals feel that way.

Certainly the arch-criminal Trump does.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.3.3    2 years ago

Pretending the FBI s sacred flies in the face of reality.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.2    2 years ago

Objection overruled, speaks to the veracity (lack thereof) of a source used by the prosecution ......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @4.3.3    2 years ago

True, the swamp is full of career criminals.

Chock full .....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.5    2 years ago
Objection overruled, speaks to the veracity (lack thereof) of a source used by the prosecution .

Sustained you have not spoken anything about the agency as a whole. And since the FBI dealt with 1 out of 4 evidence links I provided, it is immaterial.  So once again, it is nothing but a DEEEFLECTION!

Evidence shows that Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were part of a conspiracy regarding the insurrection of Jan 6th.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.7    2 years ago

Your comment is out of order .... right along with the author.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.3.9  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3    2 years ago

So another unidentified, unsubstantiated, and more than likely fictitious leak stating Roger Stone was connected to the Proud Boys on Jan 6th. Then why the hell hasn't Stone been indicted yet? They have gone after everyone else; including people police ushered into the Capitol Building that did nothing but mill around for a few minutes and leave. 

If they had any real evidence Stone would already be indicted. The Jan 6th committee would preempt their shit show so the media could cover the Stone trial.

The trials are taking place in DC; so it isn't like they don't have a far left enough jury selection; and leftist judges to choose from. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.7    2 years ago
"Sustained you have not spoken anything about the agency as a whole. And since the FBI dealt with 1 out of 4 evidence links I provided, it is immaterial.  So once again, it is nothing but a DEEEFLECTION!"

All they got plus projection and denial.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.11  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.3.9    2 years ago

Stone uses the proud boys as body guards.  

He is connected with trumpturd to the incitement/failed coup.

Why else would trumpturd pardon him?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.11    2 years ago

Why else would trumpturd pardon him?

Because he has shit on Trump.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    2 years ago

After months of destructive protests across the country, everyone responsible for protecting the Capitol building were totally unaware and unprepared?  Conditions had deteriorated to the extent that the news cycle would prompt businesses to board up windows; even in Washington D. C.

Destructive protest had become a tacitly acceptable form of free speech.  Protests associated with destruction and violent confrontation with police had been normalized.  If there is a protest there will be destruction and violent confrontation with police; everyone in law enforcement should have understood that because it had been happening for months.

Seems like the people responsible for protecting the Capitol building are only trying to excuse their warm thumbs.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    2 years ago

removed as duplicate post, no violation, charger

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Nerm_L @6    2 years ago

Gee, my comment posted twice.  Sorry 'bout that.