╌>

Biden polls worse as people notice their financial situation is worse | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   freddoso (Washington Examiner)

Biden polls worse as people notice their financial situation is worse | Washington Examiner
The CBS News poll released yesterday shows Joe Biden at 41% approval, the lowest rating of his presidency so far — that is, the lowest in this particular poll. He has lower ratings in other polls, such as his recent 33% approval in Quinnipiac, but it's best to compare apples to apples.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The CBS News poll released yesterdayshows Joe Biden at 41% approval, the lowest rating of his presidency so far — that is, the lowest in this particular poll. He has lower ratings in other polls, such as his recent 33% approval in Quinnipiac, but it's best to compare apples to apples.

So why can't Biden catch a break? Probably because this same poll shows that people are really noticing their own personal financial situation deteriorating, in spite of continued low unemployment levels.

In July 2021, 60% told the CBS poll that their own financial situation was "good." Only 33% said it was "bad." This month, only 50% say their own finances are "good," whereas 45% say they are "bad." So the response to that question has swung by 22 points, from plus-27 good to just plus-5 good, over only one year. Currently, 66% disapprove of "the way Joe Biden is handling the economy," versus 34% who approve. But when the specific problem of inflation is mentioned, Biden's disapproval rises to 71%.

Inflation is a silent killer, but people still notice its effects over time. Last July, Biden's White House tweeted that "the Biden economic plan is working" based on the fact that an average Fourth of July cookout in 2021 cost 16 cents less than the year prior. Don't expect a repeat performance next month.

The economy is not Biden's only problem. Large majorities also disapprove of his handling of Ukraine (57%), immigration (59%), abortion (60%), and gun policy (62%). But what's changed over the last year is the national economic situation. Currently, 69% expect the economy to slow further in the next 12 months, and 44% believe there will be a recession.

Here, I think things are only going to get worse for Biden, because public opinion has not caught up with the facts. We already finished one quarter of economic shrinkage earlier this year. It's very likely that we'll find out next month that we've been in a recession since January, at which point the question becomes whether the recession ends before the midterm election.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Hey, Democrats...........it's the economy, stupid.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Less than 5 months until the midterms.

Will Democrats wake to the fact that Biden is immensely unpopular, and he is going to take the blame for the souring economy?

Or will they continue to believe voters are more easily swayed by social issues rather than wallet issues?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2    2 years ago

gee, I wonder what the price a gallon of gas would be under a full christo-fascist autocracy?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago
gee, I wonder what the price a gallon of gas would be under a full christo-fascist autocracy?

Guess we'll never know, since I know of no place that is a full christo-fascist autocracy. I think that is some imaginary place in deluded minds.

But I bet it would be less than under a Biden Administration.

Joe is presiding over the highest gas prices in US history.

Cheer THAT!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    2 years ago

I suppose for some fine folks, paying $5 a gallon for gas is a small price to pay to get to say 'christo-fascist autocracy'.