╌>

Liberal protest group offers 'bounties' for info on where conservative justices are located | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  49 comments

By:   Washington Examiner

Liberal protest group offers 'bounties' for info on where conservative justices are located | Washington Examiner
Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Amy Coney Barrett, and Chief Justice John Roberts are being targeted by a group offering cash for their locations.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A liberal protest group is offering cash to anyone who sees the conservative justices of the Supreme Court and provides their location.

The justices targeted by the group ShutDownDC are John Roberts, Brett Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, and Amy Coney Barrett. The group tweeted that it is willing to give "$50 to anyone who gives a confirmed sighting and $200 if the Justice or Justices are in the same area 30 minutes after their location is given."

DC Service Industry Workers... If you see Kavanaugh, Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Coney Barrett or Roberts DM us with the details!
We'll venmo you $50 for a confirmed sighting and $200 if they're still there 30 mins after your message. https://t.co/xXWZ5JZiE7
— ShutDownDC (@ShutDown_DC) July 8, 2022

All six of the justices being targeted ruled in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization that Mississippi can maintain its law banning abortion after 15 weeks of gestation on June 24.

On Wednesday night, Kavanaugh was forced to exit through a back door while dining in downtown Washington after abortion rights protesters showed up.

Twitter, the platform on which ShutDownDC announced its "bounty," does not allow users to "engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so."

ShutDownDC previously held a protest against the Supreme Court on June 13, one of the court's decision days. The group's protest, titled "Shut Down SCOTUS," intended to blockade the streets around the Supreme Court to protest against the impending decision regarding Roe v. Wade .

ShutDownDC has not responded to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

What a group of dweebs!

Do they seriously have nothing better to do with their lives?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

They forget both sides can play this game.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

after taking the right of bodily autonomy away from 51% of americans, they deserve to lose some of their freedom as well. let those thumpers spend the rest of their lives living with paranoia and wondering what will happen to them next.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago
wondering what will happen to them next.

Life is a crap shoot, it keeps it interesting.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago
after taking the right of bodily autonomy away from 51% of americans, they deserve to lose some of their freedom as well.

You should have someone explain the SCOTUS ruling to you since you have CLEARLY misunderstood it.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.1.3  goose is back  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago
they deserve to lose some of their freedom as well.

Are liberals really that stupid? Chasing a SCOTUS around is about as effective as going out and yelling at the sky. If they had two brain cells to rub together they should know to go to the "State" houses with strict abortion laws and protest there. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  goose is back @2.1.3    2 years ago
Are liberals really that stupid?

Just the ones who have group tantrums and call them "protests".

If they had two brain cells to rub together they should know to go to the "State" houses with strict abortion laws and protest there. 

That assumes the purpose of their actions is to affect change rather than simply express their "feelings".

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.4    2 years ago

Can't think of any other way to affect change in a life-long fascist appointee.

The right wingers on SCOTUS just seriously pissed off way over half the country.

Maybe they should learn that fact the hard way and just barricade at home.

What they just did to the EPA gained them many more enemies as well.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    2 years ago

Okay, who are you claiming is a life-long fascist, and what do you base the claim on?

The right wingers on SCOTUS just seriously pissed off way over half the country.

People will get over it in time. Justices shouldn't take popular opinion into consideration when forming legal opinions.

Or maybe 'protestors' can start to act like decent human beings and stop harassing Justices just because they don't like one or two decisions.

What they just did to the EPA gained them many more enemies as well.

Many are happy that SCOTUS is basically calling for Congress to do their jobs instead of relegating so much to federal agencies.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    2 years ago

Maybe some of those left wing protesters harassing; chasing; and trying to kill Justices should receive the same treatment as Ashli Babbitt.

They are all trying to forcefully coerce government.

They are all committing sedition. 

They deserve nothing less if our justice system is truly fair.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    2 years ago

That is just utterly unhinged.  What the fuck?

Do what liberals want or you better lock the house down like it's The Purge?  Right.  Because that's not fascist or anything.

Do you hear yourself?  

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.1.9  goose is back  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    2 years ago
Maybe they should learn that fact the hard way

They should be arrested for trying to intimidate a SCOTUS Justice. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

I hope someday we will!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago
They forget both sides can play this game.

i think it could get interesting , especially from the perspective of the business owner whose business is being affected . i can think of a couple ways this could backfire on those wanting and trying to enlist those servers to call in where these people are .

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  cjcold  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.3    2 years ago

Why eat out when every waitress will be standing in line to spit in your food.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.3.1    2 years ago

The majority of servers are ethical people and wouldn't risk losing their jobs in high-priced restaurants over something that may or may not have any effect on them. Most servers wouldn't be so childish.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.3.3  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3.2    2 years ago

I agree. Only morally corrupt fucktards would do, or even think such a thing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @2.3.3    2 years ago
Only morally corrupt fucktards would do, or even think such a thing.

Probably an instant write up if a server even talked about doing it, and instant firing if they ever actually were dumb enough to do it.

Gross!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.3.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  cjcold @2.3.1    2 years ago

Good way to lose your job if caught . and people have lost them for less. 

But your on the right track as to what i was thinking . 

say a business owner decides to offer a "counter bounty " affecting any server that does take up that bounty offered , say $75 bucks cash on the spot to anyone that reports a co worker for doing that , and if its coroberated , another $200 bucks in their paycheck after the server reported is fired for cause .

Might just find out who your real friends are in that situation .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

As much as I disagree with the conservative judges on this issue, I disagree even more with such threats and acts of intimidation being taken against the Justices, or against any persons in authoritative positions.  It should be no surprise that such actions are useless and will tend to cause the reverse of what was intended, i.e. to strengthen their resolve of those who are intimidated, rather than cause a change.  IMO such threats reflect that evolution has not yet peaked and some people act like wild animals, making America look like a primitive third world country.  In a democratic nation, people have the right to vote their feelings, and a majority should determine the outcome.  

Before the conservatives on this site get puffed up, I think that the January 6th rampage was as disgusting as intimidating the Justices. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    2 years ago
Before the conservatives on this site get puffed up, I think that the January 6th rampage was as disgusting as intimidating the Justices. 

What about the 2020 riots? 

Far more damage, loss of life, and intimidation occurred during those riots then on Jan 6th. Big difference is the charging of the Jan 6th rioters as compared to the 2020 rioters; and the current wack jobs going after justices. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    2 years ago

I'm a peaceful person and wish everyone in the world could live in peace. I despise riots, especially those causing harm to persons or physical damage, whether they be in Seattle, Washington D.C., Hong Kong, Kunming.  As I noted in my previous comment, obviously too many people have not yet evolved above the level of wild animals. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    2 years ago

The deaths in the 2020 protests were found to be caused by white counter protestors.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @3.2.2    2 years ago

Bullshit.

Can prove you wrong easily.

Nine of the people killed during protests were demonstrators taking part in Black Lives Matter protests. Two were conservatives killed after pro-Trump “patriot rallies”. All but one were killed by fellow citizens.

Dave Patrick Underwood, 53, California: Underwood was shot May 30 while on guard duty outside a federal courthouse in Oakland and was one of two officers targeted in a drive-by shooting amid nearby protests. 
James Scurlock, 22, Nebraska: A violent encounter with a white bar owner, Jake Gardner, during a protest in Omaha on May 30 led to the death of 22-year-old Scurlock, who is black. Surveillance footage shows Scurlock jumping on Gardner; the Douglas County Attorney’s Office determined that Garner acted in self-defense and he will not face charges. 

Such peaceful protesters./S

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    2 years ago

Sigh, come on, don't pull this shit. Disagreeing and being angry is fine, but don't start playing the same game as the other extremists because in the end you are basically advocating the same thing as them. 

That being said, with their decision that guns should be even easier for Americans to obtain, and by contrast gun violence should increase, I wouldn't shed a tear if a few of them were victims of their own rulings. 

If the constant threat of gun violence is good for the rest of us, especially cops, why not them? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    2 years ago

So why is that the cities with the most stringent gun laws have the most gun crime? Could it be that criminals don't follow the law?

Removing guns from law abiding citizens isn't going to do one damn bit of good. The illegal gun trade will be overjoyed by it; as they will become the only means of getting a firearm.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    2 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    2 years ago
That being said, with their decision that guns should be even easier for Americans to obtain, and by contrast gun violence should increase, I wouldn't shed a tear if a few of them were victims of their own rulings. 

Looks like you didn't fully understand the rulings.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

I notice all the Democrats defending this, like Biden's election denying spokesman, aren't publishing their itineraries , home addresses, etc.. so protesters can participate in democracy while they try to eat, sleep etc..

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

Funny that the picture used in the article has nothing to do with the Supreme Court. When Trump took the Oath of Office, this gal got hysterical and fell to her knees screaming NOOOO and somebody took her picyure! Now she has to live with that photo the rest of her life as a constant reminder equating to the craziness of the leftist liberal mindset in whatever other people want to use it for. But then again who knows, maybe the gal will send copies out as Christmas cards./sarc

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

It's hilarious how liberals want to shut things down that don't follow their narrative. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    2 years ago

Standard MO for them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1    2 years ago

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1.1    2 years ago

Yep.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    2 years ago
It's hilarious how liberals want to shut things down that don't follow their narrative.

Do you consider DeSantis a liberal?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2    2 years ago

Where did I mention him?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.1    2 years ago
Where did I mention him?

You said, and I quote, "liberals want to shut things down that don't follow their narrative".  Since DeSantis is well known for trying to shut down things that don't follow his narrative, I am trying to figure out if you consider him a liberal as well.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2.2    2 years ago

So, no, I didn't mention him.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.3    2 years ago
So, no, I didn't mention him.

You did not mention anyone specifically, that's why I had to ASK.  But as usual, I see that you are too afraid to answer.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2.4    2 years ago
You did not mention anyone specifically,

You're right.  And that was intentional.  It wasn't about anybody specific.  You, on the other hand, want to play games and make it specific.  Hence, no answer to your moronic question.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.5    2 years ago

Hence, no answer to your moronic question.

Fear is not a pretty thing.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2.6    2 years ago

And exactly what should I fear?  .

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.7    2 years ago
And exactly what should I fear?

Apparently you fear answering the question.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2.8    2 years ago

As a sensible question then.  The one you ask isn't.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.9    2 years ago

As a sensible question then.  The one you ask isn't.

You said, and I quote, "liberals want to shut things down that don't follow their narrative".  Since DeSantis is well known for trying to shut down things that don't follow his narrative do you consider him a liberal?
Just because you don't like a question, doesn't it's not sensible.  It just means you don't like it because it knocks down you entire rant, and so are too afraid to answer.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2.10    2 years ago
Since DeSantis is well known for trying to shut down things that don't follow his narrative do you consider him a liberal?

Use your head.  DeSantis is doing exactly as I described - shutting down the liberal bullshit, do you really think I would call him a liberal?  Again, it's a moronic question. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.11    2 years ago

Again, it's a moronic question. 

But if DeSantis is shutting down people that don't agree with his narrative, and you are saying that it is liberals that do that, then you are saying that liberal DeSantis is shutting down other liberals.

Your claim makes no sense.  Are you claiming that Disney, which has donated to both DeSantis and Trump is a liberal organization???

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.2.7    2 years ago
And exactly what should I fear?  .

Off hand, idiotic responses to what you wrote.