╌>

Trump Lawyer Says He Will Be Reinstated as President if GOP Win Midterms

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  34 comments

By:   Brendan Cole (Newsweek)

Trump Lawyer Says He Will Be Reinstated as President if GOP Win Midterms
Christina Bobb said that three states could decertify their results, leading to big decisions in Congress.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.Donald TrumpRepublicansElection 2020Joe Biden

Christina Bobb, an attorney who has supported Donald Trump's legal challenge to overturn the 2020 election, has suggested a scenario in which the former president could be reinstated after the midterm elections in November.

Bobb told the conservative news outlet the Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN) what she thought could happen in states in which there was "evidence that Joe Biden cheated" in the election Trump and his allies have continuously claimed was fraudulent.

"They could withdraw their electors, or they could actually decide to award Trump electors, although I would anticipate they will probably just withdraw the electors," she said.

"If that happens from three different states, three different resolutions go into Congress," she said it would then be up to Congress to decide "whether they want to accept the resolutions, whether they want to act on them or not."

former-president-donald-trump.jpg?w=790&f=75b59825117010c6b90066e74223137f Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally endorsing Republican candidates Adam Laxalt and Joe Lombardo (not pictured), July 8, 2022, in Las Vegas. Trump ally Christina Bobb has told RSBN about how the 2020 election result the former president disputes could still be overturned RONDA CHURCHILL/Getty Images

"It is a complex issue that needs to be handled complexly by different state legislators and U.S. Congress, I actually think that it's designed well, because you don't want this to be something that you can quickly easily overturn elections," she said.

"It needs to be something that you need many, many elected officials to take action on," and the "majority of three different legislators."

"I don't know if this Congress would take action on it, however after 22...there might be, who knows?" she added, referring to the aftermath of the midterm elections in November, which could see Democrats lose seats.

The clip was tweeted by Ron Filipowski, an attorney who tracks conspiracy theories. He wrote that Bobb "says things are in the works to overturn the 2020 election and possibly reinstate Trump.

"She says the plan is for 3 states to decertify their results and send resolutions to the next Congress after the midterms to overturn the results," he added.

Dozens of court cases and recounts state by state have verified Biden's victory, while Trump's own Department of Justice found no evidence of fraud in 2020 after extensive investigations.

Trump's attorney Christina Bobb tonight says things are in the works to overturn the 2020 election and possibly reinstate Trump. She says the plan is for 3 states to decertify their results and send resolutions to the next Congress after the midterms to overturn the results. pic.twitter.com/su99w9VmzW
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) July 9, 2022

It comes as drop boxes became the new front for Trump and Republicans pushing unfounded claims of a rigged election. The conservative-controlled Supreme Court in Wisconsin ruled on Friday that absentee ballot drop boxes, which Trump and his allies claim facilitate cheating, can only be placed in election offices and that only a voter can return a vote in person.

It spurred Trump to write on his Truth Social account that the court's decision showed "I won the very closely contested (not actually) Wisconsin Presidential race because they used these corrupt and scandal-ridden Scam Boxes." There is no evidence that the vote in Wisconsin, or anywhere else in the U.S. was fraudulent.

The new voting restrictions in Wisconsin are expected to impact Democrats more and come amid changes to election rules being pursued by GOP legislatures, most of which are fueled by the claims about the 2020 election.

Newsweek has contacted the Trump team for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

In case we need another reason to vote Democratic!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Just add it to your list of:

Sky-high inflation, record gas prices, border debacles, etc.

All great reasons to vote Democratic, if you like those sorts of things.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    2 years ago

Yeah, this isn't a thing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    2 years ago
Yeah, this isn't a thing.

True!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

Lol .... this must be the latest nonsense liberals are grasping at in a pathetic attempt to repair the sucking chest wound that is their chances for keeping the Senate and House in 2023.

The bleeding will not stop until January 2023 .... then the butthurt will accelerate exponentially.    I hope Pfizer is ramping up butt cream production for such an eventuality.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago
the butthurt

The TBL (Trump Butt Lickers) don't bother with butt cream taking care of their lord and master's big fat butthurt ass.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
3.1.1  goose is back  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    2 years ago
taking care of their lord and master's big fat butthurt ass

You mean that big fat ass that reached through the Presidential limo and grabbed a secret service agent, that big fat ass.......right. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago
then the butthurt will accelerate exponentially.

You think those suffering from TDS are annoying now, it will only get worse when everything they destroyed is put pack in place.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    2 years ago

And there it is! The white male dominion theory of politics. Just let us lead like its always has been. Nevermind that 1776 was a one-off! And since then this nation has worked to heal itself of its 'moral failings' and get better. It is MAGA that can't stand being part of a cooperative nation. And so MAGA tries to ensconce with the rights and privileges of girls, women, and others while not shedding one WHITE PRIVILEGE afforded its members.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @3.2.1    2 years ago
"And so MAGA tries to ensconce with the rights and privileges of girls, women, and others while not shedding one WHITE PRIVILEGE afforded its members."

Pure bullshit, with not a scintilla of evidence to support it

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    2 years ago

What does that so-called "denial" mean anyway? It is interesting the privilege being asserted by relevant white officials, staffers, and enablers to hide from investigators (and swearing  oaths to tell the truth) evidence. This "denial," if that is what it is, just highlights the PRIVILEGE afforded white male conservatives in U.S. society. For many of the activities done in name of MAGA are beyond any pail allowed others.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.2.1    2 years ago
white male dominion theory

And where did I make any mention of race?  Oh, that's right.  I didn't because it's not about race.  I guess you felt the "need" to react to my comment but couldn't think of a fucking coherent thing to say.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.5  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.4    2 years ago

So what you didn't mention race? What does what you mention or fail to include have to do with the entirety of situation. Some of you conservatives are well-versed in not mentioning a great many "inclusives" as they relate to these circumstances we find ourselves (more than you conservatives) locked into.  I get it: You want things "put back in place" so that MAGA can continue making life decisions for other grown people/liberals!  And Jeremy, you don't have to SAY IT; it's dripping from your tone and attitude.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.2.5    2 years ago
You want things "put back in place" so that MAGA can continue making life decisions for other grown people/liberals!

[deleted]  Sorry Spanky, not everything is about race.  That only matters to the racists.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.7  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.6    2 years ago

You have a unique privilege to operate in a "sacred" space in your mind, being in the majority and being somebody that our constitution was originally designed to protect. As a black man I happen to be in a "protected class" - from MAGA conservatives in 2022! And LGBTQ and girls and women and people of color - all/none of us have the luxury, MAGA conservatives are determined to not allow us, to forget our 'statuses.' So gripe and side-step all you wish "Spanky" - truth cuts from all sides deeply.

Jeremy, you can't ad hominem, bombast, or patronize me enough to stop me from holding up a mirror to MAGA! Enjoy the reflection. :)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.2.7    2 years ago
Enjoy the reflection.

I do every day.  I enjoy having the mental capacity to see that not everything about irrelevant shit like race, sexual orientation, etc.  None of that determines how I treat people or how I interact with people.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.9  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.8    2 years ago

That's full of bull patty. Next, you will be telling me that you are a supporting member of MAGA selecting justices that skew against girls and women having privacy and doctors deciding their health decisions and it has nothing to do with the quality of girls and women lives.

Your perception of mental capacity means nothing to me, MAGA lover.  I could say that I don't, won't, can't support a combative, thieving, denier of reality like Donald Trump like you do. . .but I won't mention—oops, I just did it!

MAGA supports a so-called "constitutional republic" -which in MAGA-speech means white males can do damn near anything they want to anybody at anytime without anybody having proper recourse. You didn't say that either, but again, there is plenty your attitude and tone conveys beyond intentional omissions.

Pretend away. Delude yourself away.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.2.9    2 years ago

Wow.  You're all over the place aren't you.  You went from making my statement about race then to making it that I somehow don't support HIPPA Laws (that is what protects the privacy of ANYBODYs medical information to include decisions made between a patient and a Doctor).  

Your perception of mental capacity means nothing to me, MAGA lover.

Am I supposed to be offended by childish remarks like that?  I'm not.  In order for me to be offended would indicate I have even the smallest bit of respect for you.  

I could say that I don't, won't, can't support a combative, thieving, denier of reality like Donald Trump like you do.

You've made it clear what you support.  Unfortunately it's not much in the mental capacity or ability realm.  But, hey, you do you.

MAGA supports a so-called "constitutional republic" -which in MAGA-speech means white males can do damn near anything they want to anybody at anytime without anybody having proper recourse.

Your decoder ring tell you all that?  Not how I see it but who am I to argue.  It's your imagination not mine.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.11  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.10    2 years ago
Am I supposed to be offended by childish remarks like that?  I'm not.  In order for me to be offended would indicate I have even the smallest bit of respect for you.  

Well, since you put it that way Jeremy, let me make that even.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.12  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.10    2 years ago
Your decoder ring tell you all that?  Not how I see it but who am I to argue.  It's your imagination not mine.

And as of 3.2.11 you can imagine how much I don't respect what you see in the scheme of things. I'll just imagine MAGA says the same to all its RINOs. :)  And when it comes to rings-yours is 'tuned' to MAGA.

CIPOLLONE has gone full RINO!  He turned in his MAGA-tuner.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    2 years ago

That foolish woman has not accepted that election 2020 is over and in the history books. Plus, just how much of a shift to orbiting Donald Trump should this nation undertake?

Moreover, it's conservative who bitch and moan that liberals can't get over Donald Trump and here this fool is 18 plus months later trying to alter the presidency! She has TDS!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4    2 years ago
She has TDS!

perhaps but one think is for sure.    You are projecting.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    2 years ago
"I don't know if this Congress would take action on it, however after 22...there might be, who knows?" she added, referring to the aftermath of the midterm elections in November, which could see Democrats lose seats.

This foolish woman has TDS for Donald! Stop being combative. The 2022 election is over. Don't support being one-step above a so-called, "banana republic."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.1.1    2 years ago

I know lots of fools with the original  TDS.    Many reside right here …..

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.3  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    2 years ago

Combative. Solves nothing. Adds nothing to help end this stupidity coming from this foolish persistent lawyer in the seed. What the "h" is original TDS? Is it an admission on your part? BTW, it strikes me that you are somebody who often writes about deflection—when/how did this become about "being NT"?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.1.3    2 years ago
Combative. Solves nothing.

So true, perhaps all that combativeness towards Trump and others not of like mind with liberals the last five years could have been avoided eh?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    2 years ago

Sparty On, is liberalism per se up for discussion, because I did not get that from this article. Trump is mentioned here by a Trump enabler, who clearly can't take rejection and loss. Why are you desperately attempting to 'clear' her of her remarks and put NT and liberals in her stead?

BTW, is Donald Trump a victim now? Of whom?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.1.5    2 years ago

I understand it undermined the intent of the comment you made and the conversation flows.    You made a comment about being combative.    What better illustration of being combative than the one I made?

There isn’t one, not in this conversation,

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.7  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.6    2 years ago

Let's move on. What does the constitution say about election to the office of president?

Article II

Section 1

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    2 years ago
I know lots of fools with the original  TDS.  

We need a new version of "Groundhog Day", with your incessant yelping about "TDS" as the theme. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago

When it comes to comments about TDS not existing, you are Groundhog Day John.    

Everyone here knows that but you.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.10  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago

One could ask Trump enablers how come "meathead" Donald won't honor the presidential stance to remain quiet in the first two years of his exit from office. Meathead won't stand down that is why meathead has set the stage for needing to be politically and/or legally taken down. But, Meathead enablers don't want to talk about any of that!

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     2 years ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

evilone
Professor Guide
6  evilone    2 years ago

What's really, really sad about this is the number of Trump sycophants that actually believe it possible. The funny part of this are those that send him (and other Republicans) money trying to make it happen.