╌>

First on CNN: DC police officer in Trump Jan. 6 motorcade corroborates details of heated Secret Service exchange to committee | CNN Politics

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  44 comments

By:   Jamie Gangel,Annie Grayer (CNN)

First on CNN: DC police officer in Trump Jan. 6  motorcade corroborates details of heated Secret Service exchange to committee | CNN Politics
A Washington, DC, police officer has corroborated to the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, details regarding a heated exchange former President Donald Trump had with his Secret Service detail when he was told he could not go to the US Capitol after his rally, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Slowly they turn. Step by step. Inch by inch. Then BAM!

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1  Revillug  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
Slowly they turn. Step by step. Inch by inch. Then BAM!

I'll believe that when I see it.

What I think the Democrats are really up to is they want to ding Trump up with these hearings so he will lose against Biden (or whoever else) in 2024.

But Liz Cheney? She wants Trump in jail. She might not even mind getting that Pence scaffold out of the evidence room for Trump. You can tell this is not only never-Trump politics with her but that she does not take someone sending a death squad after her very lightly.

At the end of the day all these roads lead to Merrick Garland and all Merrick Garland needs to do in order to prove me wrong is his job.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Revillug @1.1    2 years ago

And while doing this,  Cheney and the committee are providing under-oath testimony from highly connected Republicans who have put their political careers on the line.

I personally do not care what motives are behind these hearings.   What I care about is what these witnesses offer for consideration.    This is better information by far than we get from the media.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.2  Revillug  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.1    2 years ago
This is better information by far than we get from the media.

It puts the Mueller report to shame. If only the Mueller investigation had the fire this congressional hearing does.

However, I am still not so sure what the endgame is. I say this for more than one reason. I live in NYC and our DA, Alvin Bragg, inexplicably shut down his office's investigation into Trump. He's an elected official so he inherited the investigation and then he basically shut it down. I don't know who is doing things behind the scenes, but somebody is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @1.1.2    2 years ago

Nonsense.  We want justice and that's all there is to it.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Revillug @1.1    2 years ago
think the Democrats are really up to is they want to ding Trump up with these hearings so he will lose against Biden (or whoever else) in 2024.

The problem with that is while the democrats are going after Trump (yet again with nothing but conspiracy theories and hurt feelings) they are neglecting the rest of the country.  Much of the country could care less about Trump as they are focused on trying to figure out how to put food on the table and fill their gas tanks.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.4    2 years ago
The problem with that is while the democrats are going after Trump (yet again with nothing but conspiracy theories and hurt feelings)

Bizarre denial of reality. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    2 years ago

He's on ignore and continues to post to me.  

They live in a constant state of projection, deflection, denial, and outright lies.  

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.4    2 years ago

We hear you, loud and clear...

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Plus a perpetual state of whining.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    2 years ago

The Jan 6 hearing have absolutely nothing to do with justice. They are just another lynching like the Democrats performed on people they didn't like in the south right after the Civil War. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.9    2 years ago

Nice example of whining and making shit up...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @1.1.10    2 years ago

You don't care for the truth do you?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @1.1.10    2 years ago
Nice example of whining and making shit up... 

That is all the left has been doing since November 2016. Whining and making shit up. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Jack_TX  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.4    2 years ago
The problem with that is while the democrats are going after Trump (yet again with nothing but conspiracy theories and hurt feelings) they are neglecting the rest of the country.

Excellent.

As a member of "the rest of the country", I prefer their attention to be focused elsewhere.    

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.9    2 years ago
They are just another lynching like the Democrats performed on people they didn't like in the south right after the Civil War. 

But to be more accurate you clearly meant "They are just another lynching like the white racist religious conservative Democrats performed on people they didn't like in the south right after the Civil War". You would have to be a completely brain damaged half wit or a slimy lying two faced snake to believe that the white racist religious conservative Democrats of a century ago resemble the modern liberal progressive Democratic party of today in any way. Everyone with more than half a brain know that the white racist religious conservatives in the South didn't all die off or vanish without a trace. Many of those older folks including some of my aunts and uncles and their friends I've talked to in Arkansas claim they didn't abandon the Democratic party, the Democratic party abandoned them when the majority of Democrats passed the civil rights act and voting rights act and a Democratic President signed them into law. That was the beginning of the end for the old white racist confederate flag waving religious conservative wing of the Democratic party in the South. Of course its no mystery where all those old white racist religious conservatives fled politically, you only have to ask the confederate flag waving religious conservatives in the South today which party they support and it certainly isn't the modern liberal progressive Democratic party of today.

Just curious, do you really think anyone other than blind or brain damaged right wing conservatives would take your hilariously flawed opinion seriously?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.14    2 years ago

[deleted

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.13    2 years ago

As do I.  But we both know that will never happen.  They are too entrenched in the idiocy of beating a dead horse that any action other than that will only expose themselves to their failures. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.14    2 years ago
But to be more accurate you clearly meant "They are just another lynching like the white racist religious conservative Democrats performed on people they didn't like in the south right after the Civil War".

If you spent half the time trying to understand what others have written than what you do on telling people what they 'really meant', you may be more accurate. Tell me, why do you think the author of the post means something other than what he wrote? Projecting, perhaps?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Jack_TX  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.16    2 years ago
As do I.  But we both know that will never happen. 

They never seem to run out of reasons to raise my taxes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

With Trump's role on Jan. 6 becoming clearer, and potentially criminal, GOP voters are starting to look at different options

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland has promised to hold accountable all those involved with the Jan. 6 assault on U.S. Capitol.   Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

As the Jan. 6 committee reconvened for another round of hearings, the question remains: Will the Justice Department indict former President Donald Trump for his role in the assault on the U.S. Capitol?

In public testimony, the evidence is mounting against Trump.

While Attorney General Merrick Garland has   previously said   he remains committed to holding all Jan. 6 perpetrators, at any level, legally accountable, it is also true that no former U.S. president has ever been criminally charged.

The Department of Justice rarely goes after politicians and, instead,   according to former Attorney General Bill Barr , sticks to “meat and potatoes” crimes.

These include   witness tampering ,   perjury   and   obstruction of justice .

Yet in the light of bombshell testimony on June 28, 2022, from former White House aide   Cassidy Hutchinson ,   pressure on Garland   to do something about Trump’s direct involvement in the failed attempt to overturn the 2020 election is mounting from House Democrats.

As scholars of   liberal democracy ,   elections   and how the rule of law enables state development, we can’t help but notice that the former president may be joining the ranks of   erstwhile leaders   from other countries who were once thought to be untouchable but who ultimately faced justice.

As revealed in the committee’s public proceedings, Trump could face new legal liabilities, and mounting concerns among major GOP figures about his potential crimes are beginning to hurt his political future.

Trump’s potential crimes

There is now far more evidence than what was presented during Trump’s second impeachment trial of potential crimes during the waning days of his tenure.

The evidence not only points to Trump’s failure to perform his constitutional duties on Jan. 6, 2021, but also includes some potential meat-and-potatoes offenses like   intimidation of government officials with the threat of force and obstruction of Congress .

Potentially criminal?

He's going down.  It's just going to take some time.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago
 He's going down

That is what usually happens when a kangaroo court like the Jan 6th committee is formed. They don't care about truth or justice or fairness. They. Are just out to get who ever it is they are after. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @1.2.1    2 years ago

[deleted

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Was he in the vehicle? Just in the motorcade you say? Summbitch has great vision and hearing..........oh and BTFW, one small paragraph attributed to this "blockbuster" and the rest just a rehash of the California Raisins' "I Heard it Through the Grapevine".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    2 years ago
Was he in the vehicle? Just in the motorcade you say? Summbitch has great vision and hearing........

Ever heard of radio traffic?

The cops had access to the Secret Service communications in real time. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

So they had their mics keyed up the whole time? Bullshit. Good try but still bullshit. Find a place in the article where that is used to prove what he is saying. I'll wait.................................

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago

Again, so the fuck what? 

So what if Trump was "enraged" with the Secret Service detail? Is that against the law? If so please state that statute Garland will prosecute that under?

Trump wanted to go Capitol; but he didn't- did he. Democrats have nothing but bullshit and speculation about Trump would or would not have done at the Capitol. Would he have stopped the riot from entering Congress? Would he have joined in and strode into the Congressional halls bolstering the rioters to actually do something- like finding and taking congress hostage? 

The shear amount of stupidity from TDS driven idiots panting breathlessly over each non illegal act by Trump is sickening.

"Trump smash China plates!"; "Trump threw ketchup against the wall!"; "Trump was irate and mean to those around him!"; "Trump threw childish tantrums". 

If those are prosecutable offenses what do you call threatening Supreme Court Justices (Pelosi, Schumer, and a host of other Democrats)? What do you call abandoning US citizens in Afghanistan- and then simply forgetting about them? What do you call not enforcing US border and immigration laws? 

Wake us when the fucking Pelosi hand picked partisan TDS driven puppets actually release some real damn evidence!

Until then this is just a shit show for TDS idiots that can't get Trump out of their heads.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago
Democrats have nothing but bullshit and speculation

THAT RIGHT THERE.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago
"Trump smash China plates!"; "Trump threw ketchup against the wall!"; "Trump was irate and mean to those around him!"; "Trump threw childish tantrums"

Only truly sad deplorables with their heads stuffed up dirty Donald's ass wouldn't find the "childish tantrums" as a disqualifier for President of the United States.

While the tantrums and plate throwing may not be crimes unless he threw the dishes at someone, the scuffle with the secret service does go to prove two things. First, that those who reported the incident were in fact telling the truth which adds to their credibility about other things which may indeed turn out to be crimes. And second, it shows Trumps intent on that day to go himself to the Capital to continue inciting the armed crowd to do his bidding, break into the Capital and illegally stop the certification.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.3    2 years ago

We never said his tantrums were the crimes.  Yet that's all they focus on as they project, deflect, and deny the actual crimes this investigation is focusing on.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.3    2 years ago
it shows Trumps intent on that day to go himself to the Capital to continue inciting the armed crowd to do his bidding, break into the Capital and illegally stop the certification. 

And you would know this how? How do you know he didn't want to go there to calm things down. And here I never knew you were psychic. If course there is not much difference between psychic and psychotic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @3.3.2    2 years ago
And you would know this how? How do you know he didn't want to go there to calm things down. And here I never knew you were psychic. If course there is not much difference between psychic and psychotic. 

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.3    2 years ago
And here I never knew you were psychic.

So THAT'S how he 'knows' what people really mean when they write stuff!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @3.3.2    2 years ago

"How do you know he didn't want to go there to calm things down."   

Yeah, the steaming pile of shit wanted to calm down the domestic terrorist mobs that he incited.  That's exactly what he wanted to do.jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Knowing they had weapons but weren't there to 'hurt him.'

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.6  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @3.3.2    2 years ago
How do you know he didn't want to go there to calm things down.

Explain then why Trump did not take any action for several hours.    He did not need to be at the Capitol to calm down supporters.  He was the PotUS who could call a press conference in an instant and directly communicate with his supporters.

It is pathetic observing people still attempting to defend the indefensible. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

Your breathless denial of every of the turds criminal acts is fucking . . . I don't know what the fuck it is.  

You're focusing on the turd's endless tantrums and not his endless criminal acts.  

Are you paid by how many times you reference TDS?

I don't know why anyone reads your endless rants and ignorance.  

Y'all live in a world of delusion and denial/alternate reality/Bizarro world.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago
Are you paid by how many times you reference TDS?

Maybe on a quota system?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago
Y'all live in a world of delusion and denial/alternate reality/Bizarro world.  

There you go talking to yourself again

Dragon
Freshman Silent
5  Dragon    2 years ago

Jan 6th investigation is very important, it was an insurrection plain and simple. What/when/who/how/where needs to be brought to light and those responsible prosecuted. 

That said I think Americans are getting very tired of political aspects of constant investigations. Republicans went after Hillary for Benghazi for years, still are in fact. Democrats started with Russian collusion, Republicans want Hunter investigated, said if they regain control of Congress will look into impeaching Biden as pay back for Trump impeachments. 

Unfortunately, the pattern has been set and these types of investigations will be a part of every Congress from now on regardless of party in control. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1  arkpdx  replied to  Dragon @5    2 years ago
was an insurrection plain and simple. BULL SHIT !

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dragon @5    2 years ago
Jan 6th investigation is very important

It's not an "investigation".  An investigation looks for facts.  This hasn't looked for or presented any fact and is running solely on hurt feelings.  All we've really seen are hearsay at best.  If it's supposed to be viewed as a hearing then we would hear from both sides.  We aren't seeing any cross examination. 

It's only to the left and Democrats as it distracts from the failures of the Human Fuck Up in the WH and his dumpster fire administration.   

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    2 years ago

"At the end of the day all these roads lead to Merrick Garland and all Merrick Garland needs to do in order to prove me wrong is his job."

If this media circus had any credibility, Garland would be investigating it right now. It's all a partisan political stunt to discredit and get rid of Trump....and I hope it succeeds!

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 years ago
I hope it succeeds!

As does DeSantis and any other GoP 2024 hopeful. They relish the idea of keeping their hands clean.