╌>

Round Two

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  200 comments

Round Two
Fenske said the transportation of these migrants "was done on a voluntary basis." "The immigrants were homeless, hungry, and abandoned – and these activists didn’t care about them then. Florida’s program gave them a fresh start in a sanctuary state and these individuals opted to take advantage of chartered flights to Massachusetts," she said. "It was disappointing that Martha’s Vineyard called in the Massachusetts National Guard to bus them away from the island within 48 hours."

The link to the quote above: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-office-hits-back-class-action-suit-migrants-reveals-consent-form-allegedly-signed

For all those who may not know it, progressives are still hurting from Republican Governors sending a handful of illegal migrants to big blue cities and a liberal resort town. It was a brilliant move. Progressives are striking back, more like flailing.  Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar has launched an investigation into supposed promises made to migrants by the Gov of Florida, a Presidential candidate. The liberals of Martha's Vineyard, who shuffled off the 50 migrants to a military base on Cape Cod filed a class action lawsuit against the Governor.

They got out-foxed again it seems, since, the Governor had all of the migrants sign a consent form (available in English and Spanish):

Consent-Form.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

"The form reads: "I agree to hold the benefactor or its designed representatives harmless of all liability arising out of or in any way relating to any injuries and damages that may occur during the agreed transport to locations outside of Texas until the final destination in Massachusetts." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-office-hits-back-class-action-suit-migrants-reveals-consent-form-allegedly-signed

This time democrats got beat. Their allies in the media refused to report on the open border. Now the border is in the news.

It will be an election issue.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Not long ago it was pointed out to someone here that the migrants getting off one of those buses admitted that the border was wide open. That person responded with "that's only a matter of their opinion!"

I really can't wait to hear the defense of what the migrants were motivated to say in that class action suit.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

About 30% of the population of Chicago are people of hispanic ethnicity. Obviously Chicago is not averse to immigrants from south of the border. They just want it to be done in an organized way that reflects a national system.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
They just want it to be done in an organized way that reflects a national system.  

Looks like they will have to learn to deal with it like border states.  Declaring yourself a sanctuary city probably didn't help the situation in Chicago either.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.2  goose is back  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
They just want it to be done in an organized way that reflects a national system. 

JR, if the Biden Administration was doing this in an organized way there would be no discussion. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    2 years ago

It is sickening watching elected officials play games like this.   This is not responsible governance.   This is making problems, not finding solutions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

What is much more sickening is allowing 2 Million illegal migrants to cross into the United States.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
What is much more sickening is allowing 2 Million illegal migrants to cross into the United States.

If Biden and Harris get their way, that will be two million voters one day.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

the GOP has been kicking the immigration can down the road since the raygun administration. it's but one more example of them blaming the opposition for a problem they've created, and offering solutions that financially benefit only those within the GOP that are politically connected.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago
's but one more example of them blaming the opposition for a problem

What problem? Biden told us the border is secure!  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago
the GOP has been kicking the immigration can down the road since the raygun administration. it's but one more example of them blaming the opposition for a problem they've created, and offering solutions that financially benefit only those within the GOP that are politically connected.

Bullshit. Democrats crow about amnesty for millions, institute sanctuaries where illegal aliens are encouraged to come to, where authorities are unwilling or barred by law from cooperating with immigration authorities, and you blame Republicans?

Since you brought Reagan into it, why not do a search and find out how Democrats screwed him?

Whoo Boy, how fucked up is THAT?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
2 Million illegal migrants

That's the number for FY 2022 so far, and it doesn't include nearly a million estimated "got-aways". Among the 2 million illegal aliens were 78 known terrorists. How many terrorists were among the "got-aways"? It took only 19 terrorists to execute 9/11/2001.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    2 years ago
What problem? Biden told us the border is secure!  

GREAT point.

There is NO problem because the clownshow says so, but if there are problems, its because of Republicans.

Dumbfuck logic there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    2 years ago

In the blink of an eye.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago
the GOP has been kicking the immigration can down the road

Have you ever heard of the "REMAIN IN MEXICO" policy?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    2 years ago

And that inflation was temporary

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago
hy not do a search and find out how Democrats screwed him?

I think that was his point. It's Reagan and the Republicans' fault for believing Democrats were honest people who would live up to their promises. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago
Since you brought Reagan into it, why not do a search and find out how Democrats screwed him?

As I recall it was amnesty now and border security later.

He took their word.

And I teach people too never turn ones back on them.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago

Completely ignoring Brandon and Co not securing our borders; or enforcing our immigration laws. 

How typical.

Democrats have no interest in solving the immigration problem- other than changing the laws allowing them all to vote (whether it be by citizenship; or moving them to large Democrat bastion of stupidity cities and changing the voting laws so people count rather than registered voters when deciding voting districts.).

Democrats control the House, Senate, and White House now- but no immigration reform. Seems their agenda doesn't include immigration reform as they chose not use either of their reconciliation chances where they would need a simple majority in the Senate to pass it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.11    2 years ago
As I recall it was amnesty now and border security later.He took their word.

Yes, and regretted it later when Democrats renigged on the deal and did nothing for security despite their promises.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.5    2 years ago

I fear what is coming

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.14    2 years ago

So do I. I forgot to add Biden's FY 2021 portion of illegal aliens, which is when the invasion began. Then, there's the Mexican cartels' illegal drug trafficking (especially fentanyl), human trafficking, sex trade - all caused by Biden's open border policies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.15    2 years ago

He has created the worst national nightmare this side of aggressive malignant cancer.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Nerm_L  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago

Build the wall.

And the wall that was built did seem to have a desired effect.  What has completely failed has been Biden's policies toward immigration.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.16    2 years ago

Ya!  That's exactly what #45 has done and is still doint.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @2.1.17    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.18    2 years ago
Ya!  That's exactly what #45 has done and is still doint.  

doint?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.21  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.16    2 years ago

“He has created the worst national nightmare this side of aggressive malignant cancer.”

Equating a ‘national’ dilemma, and it is a dilemma, with the most personal of diagnoses is at best a clunky analogy and at the very least just more partisan polemics. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Nerm_L @2.1.17    2 years ago
And the wall that was built did seem to have a desired effect.  What has completely failed has been Biden's policies toward immigration

Hey, wait just a minute here.

Are you saying the Biden/Harris clownshow actually HAS policies regarding immigration?

Is amnesty a policy?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.21    2 years ago

I thought it was a way to put the damage Biden has done to this country in proper perspective.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.24  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Yes illegal immigration is a big problem that this administration is not addressing.

Your post was pure deflection from my point.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.1.25  Nerm_L  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.22    2 years ago
Hey, wait just a minute here.

Are you saying the Biden/Harris clownshow actually HAS policies regarding immigration?

Is amnesty a policy?

Happiness is a warm thumb.

Yes, Biden/Harris has an immigration policy.  That policy is to create problems along the border so they can call Republicans racist.  Who woulda thought that sanctuaries could have become part of the problem?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.24    2 years ago

Not addressing or maintaining an open border?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.1.27  Nerm_L  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.19    2 years ago

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.26    2 years ago

Your question is incoherent.   What, specifically, are you trying to say?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.28    2 years ago

You say he is not addressing the crisis. I'm asking if an open border is the policy?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.30  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.29    2 years ago

Is that the topic of this article?    Seems to me you wrote specifically about the transporting of illegals.

Now you want to discuss border policy in general?

The policy of the Biden administration does not seem to me to be 'open border'.   It seems to be more of ignoring the border problems.

But you would do better discussing this with someone who thinks our current administration of the border is being properly handled.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.31  MrFrost  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago

The GOP doesn't want to fix the immigration problem because if they do, they'll have to find a new political football. Every single time a Dem is in office, the right immediately starts crying about the border...think about it. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.31    2 years ago
Every single time a Dem is in office, the right immediately starts crying about the border...think about it. 

In this particular case, it's justified. FFS 2 Million in just over a year and a half?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.34  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.32    2 years ago

In this particular case, it's justified. FFS 2 Million in just over a year and a half?

Raygun pardoned over 5 million... STFU. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.34    2 years ago
Raygun pardoned over 5 million... STFU. 

Yeah, Reagan foolishly believed Democrats would keep their word. They lied and did not keep it, thus proving why we can't trust Democrats to do what they say they will do.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.36  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.34    2 years ago

On the promise from the dems they would tighten up the border security to slow illegal entry to a crawl. They lied and didn't follow through. STFU indeed

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.37  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    2 years ago
the raygun administration 

What administration is that? I looked and looked and even googled and could find nothing. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.38  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.37    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @2.1.38    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

So which upsets you more, the fact that the illegals are VOLUNTEERING to get on the bus and moved to sanctuary cities or that blue sanctuary cities are forced to deal with unscheduled bus loads of illegals arriving in their sanctuary cities?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago

They are not volunteering.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    2 years ago

And your proof of this is where again?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    2 years ago

Did you not see the consent form illegal aliens signed? Vic posted it above. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.2    2 years ago

Right along with yours.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.3    2 years ago

According to faux news.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.4    2 years ago

So you DON'T have anything to disprove the article and just want to troll.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.5    2 years ago
According to faux news.

No, according to Taryn Fenske who is the Communications Director in the Executive Office of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. She provided FNC with the document. It was explicitly stated in the article.

Try again.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago
So which upsets you more, the fact that the illegals are VOLUNTEERING to get on the bus and moved to sanctuary cities or that blue sanctuary cities are forced to deal with unscheduled bus loads of illegals arriving in their sanctuary cities?

My comment was unclear to you?:

TiG@2It is sickening watching elected officials play games like this.  This is not responsible governance.   This is making problems, not finding solutions.

I think it is to be expected that illegals are volunteering to get on the bus given the promise of a better life in the new location.  Does that behavior of an illegal immigrant surprise you?

My comment clearly focused on the irresponsibility of the governor's actions;  in particular the loading of illegals and shipping them off to another city as a political jab.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.8    2 years ago
My comment clearly focused on the irresponsibility of the governor's actions;  in particular the loading of illegals and shipping them off to another city

So it is now irresponsible for governors to ensure aliens are fed, housed, clothed, and given medical care?

Don't sanctuaries tout how effective they are in providing for aliens?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.8    2 years ago

I ask you a question in 2.2.  Was my question unclear to you?  You even quoted it and STILL didn't answer. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.11  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.9    2 years ago
So it is now irresponsible for governors to ensure aliens are fed, housed, clothed, and given medical care?

I do not know where you get this crap since I have not suggested anything even remotely close to that.  I am not going to chase your stupid tangents.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.12  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.10    2 years ago

Get a new game.   Every time I answer a question of yours you claim I did not.   If you cannot put forth a cogent rebuttal just move on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.7    2 years ago

According to faux news.

You try again.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.12    2 years ago

Get a new game.

I'm merely playing YOUR game.  You should be well versed in it.  And no, you didn't answer my question.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.14    2 years ago

Do you actually think that this utterly witless approach of denying answers is good for you?    Do you think people are stupid enough to fall for such a lame tactic?    And now you add projection on top?

Buy a vowel, Jeremy.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.11    2 years ago
I do not know where you get this crap since I have not suggested anything even remotely close to that. 

Just going by your very own statements, and asking specific questions based ON your statements.

Perhaps if the questions are too difficult, you should stop making unsupported statements.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.15    2 years ago

I ask you in 2.2

In what fucked up liberal logic world does a comment in 2 answer the question that was ask in 2.2?  

[Deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.18  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.17    2 years ago
In what fucked up liberal logic world does a comment in 2 answer the question that was ask in 2.2?  

I answered your question @2.2 in my @2.2.8.   I quoted you.   Pay attention.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.18    2 years ago
I quoted you.

that's the only factual statement you've made.  2 is not an answer to 2.2.  My question ask for your opinion.  You deflected, tap danced and ran from it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.20  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.19    2 years ago
2 is not an answer to 2.2.  

Jeremy, do you actually think that people cannot read that I just pointed you to my answer @2.2.8 and you ignore that and still insist that my comment @2 was intended as an answer for your @2.2?

How stupid do you think readers are?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.20    2 years ago

What you gave me in 2.2.8 was a tap dance routine that even Shirley Temple would applaud.  

Now go find somebody to explain the conversation between you and I from 2.2 until now.  Maybe then you'll see it.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.22  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.13    2 years ago
According to faux news. You try again.

Since you insist ...

In a statement provided to Fox News , Gov. DeSantis’ spokeswoman Taryn Fenske, slammed the class action lawsuit as "political theater" perpetrated by "opportunistic activists" at the expense of  illegal immigrants

"If these activists spent even a fraction of this time and effort at the border, perhaps some accountability would be brought to the Biden Administration’s reckless border policies that entice illegal immigrants to make dangerous and often lethal journeys through Central America and put their lives in the hands of cartels and Coyotes," Fenske said. 

Fenske provided Fox News with a copy of a consent form – available in English and Spanish – that she said was given to migrants before they boarded.

The form reads: "I agree to hold the benefactor or its designed representatives harmless of all liability arising out of or in any way relating to any injuries and damages that may occur during the agreed transport to locations outside of Texas until the final destination in Massachusetts." 

Consent-Form.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.23  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.8    2 years ago

Yet even you insist on referring to immigrants who have been processed through immigration, plead for and been granted temporary refugee status by a US immigration judge, given papers and released, "Illegals". These people are now here legally...

Visa overstayers and unintercepted border jumpers are "Illegals". But, all of these actual refugees who are being shipped to New York, Chicago, Washington DC and Martha's Vineyard by Desantis and Abbott are Not Illegal! Can we at least be honest?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.2.24  dennissmith  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.6    2 years ago

Are you surprised by that?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.2.25  dennissmith  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.17    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

So tell Democrats to get cracking. They control the House, Senate, and White House. 

Of course you will have to get Democrats to admit there is a problem first. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
Of course you will have to get Democrats to admit there is a problem first. 

Well, Democrats can't recognize a problem without admitting Biden and Harris lied.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
So tell Democrats to get cracking.

On what, controlling the border?   Yes, that is what they should do.   Too bad they do not listen to me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago
This is making problems

DeSantis and Abbott didn't create the problems, they are actually attempting to draw attention to them and trying to get the clownshow of Biden and Harris to DO something.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.4.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4    2 years ago
DeSantis and Abbott didn't create the problems, they are actually attempting to draw attention to them and trying to get the clownshow of Biden and Harris to DO something.

Playing political games with people is not solving the problem;  it is irresponsible, inhumane and childish.   This bussing of immigrants fits the bill of 'clown show'.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.4.1    2 years ago
Playing political games with people is not solving the problem;  it is irresponsible, inhumane and childish. 

How is providing transportation to places where migrants can be fed, housed, clothed and given medical care irresponsible, inhumane, or childish? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.4.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.2    2 years ago

Good grief Texan, how can you possibly not understand this?

It would be responsible if the transportation was done as part of a program wherein the destination was willing and prepared to take care of these people.

Bussing people to a destination that is not part a defined (that means mutually agreed and designed) program and not prepared as a political jab is irresponsible, inhumane and childish.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.2    2 years ago
How is providing transportation to places where migrants can be fed, housed, clothed and given medical care irresponsible, inhumane, or childish? 

When You LIE about the circumstances and what is at the end of the rainbow, it is irresponsible, inhumane, and childish, sorta like your defense of this bullshit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.5  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.4.3    2 years ago
Good grief Texan, how can you possibly not understand this?

I do understand, and am perplexed at your complete lack of understanding that.

It would be responsible if the transportation was done as part of a program wherein the destination was willing and prepared to take care of these people.

Declaring your city or state a sanctuary means you are willing to accept these folks here, legally or not.

Bussing people to a destination that is not part a defined (that means mutually agreed and designed) program and not prepared as a political jab is irresponsible, inhumane and childish.

So you claim.

Of course, if we had a President and VP that gave a fuck about it, perhaps we wouldn't be at this point where governors are having to do things to get the attention of Democrats.

Not one thing inhumane, despite your oft-repeated claim, about giving folks clothes, food and shelter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.4    2 years ago
When You LIE about the circumstances and what is at the end of the rainbow, it is irresponsible, inhumane, and childish, sorta like your defense of this bullshit.

So you are saying sanctuaries are refusing to provide for aliens?

THAT would be the only way what I wrote is a lie.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.6    2 years ago

Disantis lied to these human pawns about what awaited them at the end of their journey. Are you in favor of people, human beings in desperate circumstances, being used to make "political 'points", because that is what Disantis and company are using them for, and people are not pawns, but short people, can sometimes be prawns.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.4.8  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.5    2 years ago
Not one thing inhumane, despite your oft-repeated claim, about giving folks clothes, food and shelter.

You repeat your strawman.

Lying to people and bussing them to a location that is unprepared to handle them is absolutely NOT giving people clothes, food and shelter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.9  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.7    2 years ago
Disantis lied

Prove it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.10  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.4.8    2 years ago
You repeat your strawman.

Not a strawman, you specifically and repeatedly have called it inhumane, never once stating HOW it is inhumane.

I want proof, not your feelings.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.9    2 years ago

Tex, like you, i can only go off of what has been reported so far, and this is what i have read about it. If you have proof otherwise, how about You, "Prove it."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.12  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.11    2 years ago

You claimed he lied, all I am asking for is for you to prove your claim.

Haven't you been here many times where it is said that those making claims are expected to support said claims?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.12    2 years ago
BRUCE MCNAMEE: There is a lot of concern. We have talked to a number of people who've asked, where am I? And then us trying to explain where Martha's Vineyard is has been a challenge.

ZUCKOFF: Three migrants each separately described to NPR how they were lured onto the plane with promises of help getting work. Each of the three were told they were being flown to Boston and that, once they were there, they could more quickly get work because they were told it is a sanctuary city. Andres Duarte, a 30-year-old Venezuelan, said he had recently crossed the border into Texas and eventually went to a shelter in San Antonio. A woman who he and other migrants identified only as Perla approached them outside the shelter. They say she arranged for some of them to stay at a hotel, offered them food and then got them on a plane.

ANDRES DUARTE: (Through interpreter) She offered us help, help that never arrived. And now we're here. We got on the plane with a vision of the future, making it.

It is interesting to note that the waiver that they allegedly signed is only for " injuries and damages " related to the transport. Further, the waiver itself states that the, " benefactors and designated officials represent that they are not providing transportation made in furtherance of any unlawful entry into the United States, " which would seem to indicate that they are not illegal but migrants who have filed for asylum, no matter the content of 2.1

It is also interesting to note that some of these same migrants want to return to Martha's Vineyard because of the warm reception that they recieved there, in contrast to DeSantis's allegation of bussing them away because they did not want them. Ultimately, the more human and humane thing to do is to make sure that all people have their basic human needs me

Borrowed from Thomas's post 2.9

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.14  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.13    2 years ago

Very nice borrowing.

Now, do you have anything proving DeSantis lied?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.14    2 years ago

Is Disantis telling the truth to you ? If so, please provide proof of his truth, over that of the immigrants.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.16  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.15    2 years ago
Is Disantis telling the truth to you ?

Yes, and I will take his word until proof is provided he lied.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.16    2 years ago

Just like you would take Trump's word over insurmountable walls (that Mexico paid for) of evidence pointing against those words....time will tell, and i believe you will be again, taken, by lying Pols who make fools out of their defenders, so, N JOY !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.18  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.17    2 years ago

TRUMP DEFLECTOR SHIELDS ENGAGED, CAPTAIN!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.4.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.18    2 years ago

Very Good,. Chek off   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.20  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.4.19    2 years ago

Totally appreciated you deflecting, and wanted to honor that!

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.5  afrayedknot  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

“…not finding solutions.”

That would take serious thought, sadly a trait that too few possess. Members of both parties are content in kicking the can further down the road, pointing fingers, and using the voiceless as political pawns.

‘Nothing new under the sun.’ 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @2.5    2 years ago

What happened to the REMAIN IN MEXICO Policy?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.5.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.5.1    2 years ago

Or Title 42? Biden allowed millions of unvaxxed illegal aliens to enter and roam around the US throughout the pandemic while US citizens were chastised, fired, not allowed to go to school if they didn't get the shot(s).

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.5.3  charger 383  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.5.2    2 years ago

that shows who Biden likes better

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.5.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.5.2    2 years ago

I hope Americans remember that on November 8th

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.5.5  Jasper2529  replied to  charger 383 @2.5.3    2 years ago

It was obvious on Day One. After his "unity speech", he signed a bunch of EOs that started destroying our economy, safety, and sovereignty. What a guy!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.6  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago
"It is sickening watching elected officials play games like this.   This is not responsible governance.   This is making problems, not finding solutions."

Yes, it is disgusting to see the Biden administration making a bad situation much worse by using  immigrants as pawns in their quest for possible future votes

That is changing the topic.   Of course illegal immigration is currently a Biden administration failure.   You are deflecting.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago
It is sickening watching elected officials play games like this.   This is not responsible governance.   This is making problems, not finding solutions.

Then, Biden shouldn't have started it in the spring of 2021 when he secretly flew illegal aliens to TN, NY, NJ, and other states and thought he could get away with it. Abbott and DeSantis are merely forcing left-wing media and Democrats to finally pay attention to the southern border crisis that the Biden/Harris Administration created with their own policies.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.7.1  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.7    2 years ago
Then, Biden shouldn't have started it in the spring of 2021 when he secretly flew illegal aliens to TN, NY, NJ, and other states and thought he could get away with it. Abbott and DeSantis are merely forcing left-wing media and Democrats to finally pay attention to the southern border crisis that the Biden/Harris Administration created with their own policies.

Correct, Biden has failed in border management.   That does not excuse the childish, inhumane political stunts of this topic.

You are deflecting.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.7.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.1    2 years ago
inhumane

Interesting that now providing shelter, food, clothing, medical care is inhumane.

Weird as hell, but interesting in a train-wreck kind of way.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.7.3  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.1    2 years ago
Correct, Biden has failed in border management. 

I'm so glad we agree.

That does not excuse the childish, inhumane political stunts of this topic. You are deflecting.

The deflection is your comment. Abbott and DeSantis didn't perform "childish, inhumane political stunts". Whether people like it or not, these two men brought immediate attention to the complete dereliction of duty of the Biden Administration to execute and uphold his Presidential Oath of Office.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.7.4  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.7.2    2 years ago

Unable to debate the facts so twist the situation to your liking?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.7.5  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.7.3    2 years ago
The deflection is your comment.

Just cut the lame tactics Jasper.    Me challenging your deflection is not a deflection.

Abbott and DeSantis didn't perform "childish, inhumane political stunts". Whether people like it or not, these two men brought immediate attention to the complete dereliction of duty of the Biden Administration to execute and uphold his Presidential Oath of Office.

Yeah they raised attention.   That does not change the fact that this was a childish, inhumane political stunt.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.7.6  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.4    2 years ago
Unable to debate the facts so twist the situation to your liking?

Don't like getting called out on bullshit claims?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.7.7  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.7.6    2 years ago

What bullshit claim did I make?

The fact is that migrants were lied to and the transported to a location that had no idea they were coming and was entirely unprepared to deal with them.   You consider that humane and responsible?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.7.9  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.7    2 years ago
What bullshit claim did I make?

That sending a few migrants to other places is somehow inhumane. It was pretty clear, are you having difficulty keeping up?

The fact is that migrants were lied to and the transported to a location that had no idea they were coming and was entirely unprepared to deal with them. 

A claim unsupported, that they were lied to. Unprepared? Shouldn't sanctuaries have some standing policies in place, or is it only limited to not cooperating with real immigration authorities?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.7.10  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.7.9    2 years ago
That sending a few migrants to other places is somehow inhumane.

Lying to migrants and shipping them to a location that was not expecting them and was unprepared to handle them and certainly not able to make the lies true is inhumane.

It is amazing that someone needs to explain this to you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.7.11  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.10    2 years ago
Lying to migrants

Something you have failed to prove, despite being asked to.

It is amazing that someone needs to explain this to you

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.7.12  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.5    2 years ago
That does not change the fact that this was a childish, inhumane political stunt.

Opinion, not fact.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.7.13  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.5    2 years ago
Just cut the lame tactics Jasper. 

I'll let you know when I give you permission to control me. Good-bye.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.7.14  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @2.7.10    2 years ago

They are going to be like this until the election.

They have nothing else to run on so they are going to froth from their mouths about how bad it is, conveniently ignoring that their beloved donald actually shipped immigrants across the country, same as Biden.

They think building a wall will actually work and point fingers at trump and say he worked on it and made improvements while ignoring the fact there was two years of a pandemic that drastically slowed the numbers.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.7.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @2.7.14    2 years ago
while ignoring the fact there was two years of a pandemic that drastically slowed the numbers

Not under Trump. Possibly VERY late '19 and all of '20. Now, about '17 and '18...........................

Ender
Professor Principal
2.7.16  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.7.15    2 years ago
A simple answer,  offered up recently  by Alex Nowrasteh, director of immigration studies at the libertarian and very pro-immigration Cato Institute, is that “President Trump reduced legal immigration. He did not reduce illegal immigration.” Those are both accurate statements, but there are other spins one can put on the data. One is that Trump reduced immigration a little before the Covid-19 pandemic reduced it a lot. Another is that he sharply reduced immigration flows that are easy for a president to control — refugees being the most obvious example — and struggled with the rest.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.8  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago
This is making problems

What new problems did shipping a few immigrants north create specifically?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.8.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.8    2 years ago

It is just raising political tensions with childish, inhumane stunts.   That is counterproductive.   What would be productive is for the governors to work together to coerce/encourage the Biden administration to deal with border security.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.8.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.8.1    2 years ago
It is just raising political tensions with childish, inhumane stunts.   That is counterproductive. 

You said problems.

Are feelings problems now?

What would be productive is for the governors to work together to coerce/encourage the Biden administration to deal with border security.

Work together? Seems like governors in Arizona, Texas, and Florida ARE working together.  It isn't exactly the fault of the governors that the Biden/Harris clownshow refuses to do anything or even recognize there IS a problem.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.8.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.8.2    2 years ago
Are feelings problems now?

You do not comprehend how raising political tensions in this nation is a problem??

Work together? Seems like governors in Arizona, Texas, and Florida ARE working together.  

'Working together' to engage in theatrics is counterproductive.  It is not what one would expect of responsible adults trying to do what is best for their states and the nation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.8.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.8.3    2 years ago
You do not comprehend how raising political tensions in this nation is a problem??

Raising political tensions? Is that because Democrats don't want to acknowledge their utter border failures and hate getting exposed in their hypocrisy?

Your hope for a Kumbaya moment went out the window long ago regarding the border.

Most people recognized that fact when Democrats screwed Reagan.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.8.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.8.4    2 years ago
Is that because Democrats don't want to acknowledge their utter border failures and hate getting exposed in their hypocrisy?

That makes no sense.   The act of bussing immigrants to another city by surprise is a political prank.   It raises tensions just like every other aggressive partisan act raises tensions.   

Your hope for a Kumbaya moment went out the window long ago regarding the border.

I seek productive solutions to problems, not political pranks.    You deem adult problem solving to be 'Kumbaya'.    That is exactly the kind of attitude that continues the unhealthy divisiveness in our nation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.8.6  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.8.5    2 years ago
That makes no sense. 

Others can see where it does make sense. Sorry you can't see.

It raises tensions just like every other aggressive partisan act raises tensions.   

I don't care if a few Democrats get their feather ruffled. They support Biden's policies, so let them get a little taste of what that really entails.

I seek productive solutions to problems, not political pranks.    You deem adult problem solving to be 'Kumbaya'.    That is exactly the kind of attitude that continues the unhealthy divisiveness in our nation.

Sorry (not really), but I can't pretend that Democrats are interested in solutions based on what they have done and what they propose.

Do you think amnesty is a solution???

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.8.7  dennissmith  replied to  Texan1211 @2.8.2    2 years ago

Kamala says the border is secure and she would never lie, would she?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.8.8  Texan1211  replied to  dennissmith @2.8.7    2 years ago
Kamala says the border is secure and she would never lie, would she?

Well, only on days ending in a 'y'. The 'y' is very important to other 'y's because the 'ys' are so important to themselves, because 'y'!

Thomas
Senior Guide
2.9  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

Let them come. 

BRUCE MCNAMEE: There is a lot of concern. We have talked to a number of people who've asked, where am I? And then us trying to explain where Martha's Vineyard is has been a challenge.

ZUCKOFF: Three migrants each separately described to NPR how they were lured onto the plane with promises of help getting work. Each of the three were told they were being flown to Boston and that, once they were there, they could more quickly get work because they were told it is a sanctuary city. Andres Duarte, a 30-year-old Venezuelan, said he had recently crossed the border into Texas and eventually went to a shelter in San Antonio. A woman who he and other migrants identified only as Perla approached them outside the shelter. They say she arranged for some of them to stay at a hotel, offered them food and then got them on a plane.

ANDRES DUARTE: (Through interpreter) She offered us help, help that never arrived. And now we're here. We got on the plane with a vision of the future, making it.

It is interesting to note that the waiver that they allegedly signed is only for " injuries and damages " related to the transport. Further, the waiver itself states that the, " benefactors and designated officials represent that they are not providing transportation made in furtherance of any unlawful entry into the United States, " which would seem to indicate that they are not illegal but migrants who have filed for asylum, no matter the content of 2.1

It is also interesting to note that some of these same migrants want to return to Martha's Vineyard because of the warm reception that they recieved there, in contrast to DeSantis's allegation of bussing them away because they did not want them. Ultimately, the more human and humane thing to do is to make sure that all people have their basic human needs met.   

It is sickening watching elected officials play games like this.   This is not responsible governance.    This is making problems, not finding solutions.

I concur, with the corollary that this is what Governance looks like today. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

“If these activists spent even a fraction of this time and effort at the border, perhaps some accountability would be brought to the Biden Administration’s reckless border policies that entice illegal immigrants to make dangerous and often lethal journeys through Central America and put their lives in the hands of cartels and Coyotes,” Feske continued.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    2 years ago

Wonder how long it will take Sherriff Salazar to figure out all of the migrants signed a waiver that was presented in both English and Spanish?

DeSantis should send the Sherriff copies ASAP to save Bexar County taxpayers some money. Not that Salazar really cares about the truth; or legality for that matter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 years ago

BTW, we are talking about 3 unnamed migrants.

Probably wearing BIDEN T-shirts

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

Always those unnamed, unknowable, rather specter like sources the leftist media loves to use; and recirculate between themselves. 

Ask them to produce one of these sources and they will cry confidentiality! 

Press them in a court of law and they will invariably say their source was really a source used by another journalist and they were just siting it unvetted. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.1    2 years ago

I'll always fondly remember how they tried to hide who the Ukrainian call whistleblower was. The world only needed 5 minutes of listening to Alexander Vindman to figure it out!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

This is hilarious.  So much for that "human trafficking" allegations the left is ignorantly running with.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago

Do they know the legal definition?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

My money is on no.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

There's something comedic to watching the same people who cheer Biden flying migrants around the country, refuse to act on record breaking border crossings and deaths, claim DeSantis is  "irresponsible" for drawing attention to  the President's policies and asking those who support and enable the current border  situation to step up and help deal with the consequences of their refusal to even attempt to secure the border. 

So long as the migrants are bussed in the dark and die with no fanfare on the border, everything's fine.  That's good governing!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Well, the number of illegal immigrants transported to sanctuary cities and states have been much more than a handful.  But it's still a tiny fraction of the numbers crossing the border illegally.  This isn't a handful problem; it's orders of magnitude larger than that.

These mayors and governors (especially DeSantis) are being accused of playing political games.  The Biden administration's attempts to sweep the problem under the rug is a political game, too.  Biden has made the issue of an open border a political game thinking he can score points by making Republicans look like racists.

The southern border is overwhelmed and out of control.  And Biden still refuses to address the issue because he wants to use illegal immigrants to score political points.  Biden plays the dirtiest of political games.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
7.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Nerm_L @7    2 years ago

“…thinking he can score points by making Republicans look like racists.”

Some things are self-evident…

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1    2 years ago
Some things are self-evident…

Yes, it is clear that the Biden/Harris Administration is a clownshow with no plans for the border beyond letting millions in and giving amnesty to millions more.

I am surprised more Democrats haven't been able to identify that fact.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1    2 years ago

It shows that Democrats don't care about or  have compassion for these immigrants. It's very clear who the real racists are.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    2 years ago
It shows that Democrats don't care about or  have compassion for these immigrants.

Do you think that lying to illegals and then bussing them to another city as a political prank is showing compassion for these human beings?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7.1.4  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.3    2 years ago
Do you think that lying to illegals and then bussing them to another city as a political prank is showing compassion for these human beings?

How is that different than lying to people and busing them to the southern border?

You know, these migrants are paying their own way to the southern border.  All that changes once they cross the border illegally.  What kind of policy is that?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @7.1.4    2 years ago
How is that different than lying to people and busing them to the southern border?

Lying to and bussing immigrants from one place to another is counterproductive in general.   Is this not obvious??

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7.1.6  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    2 years ago
Lying to and bussing immigrants from one place to another is counterproductive in general.   Is this not obvious??

Well, the political game is that these people are not immigrants until they cross the southern border illegally.  These people are paying their own way to the southern border so they can enter illegally and become victims.

You know, Mexico is being overwhelmed, too.  Biden's open border policy is becoming an international problem.  Biden will end up providing money to Mexico just so Democrats can call Republicans racist.

The winners in Democrat's game of dirty politics are the human traffickers south of our border.  Someone is lying to people to entice them to the southern border.  And it's not the border states or Republicans.

George
Junior Expert
8  George    2 years ago

It’s hysterical watching posters say how wrong this is, saying this isn’t a solution.

It’s a solution for their state, maybe if the idiot President Obama didn’t sue states that prevent them from participating in immigration they would be more likely to help.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1  TᵢG  replied to  George @8    2 years ago
It’s a solution for their state, ...

It is irresponsible governance.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    2 years ago
It is irresponsible governance.  

That is merely your opinion.

My opinion is that at least the governors are attempting to draw attention to a problem greatly exacerbated by the Biden/Harris inactions and lack of planning or even offering any solutions.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    2 years ago
That is merely your opinion.

Well no shit, Texan.  

My opinion is that at least the governors are attempting to draw attention to a problem greatly exacerbated by the Biden/Harris inactions and lack of planning or even offering any solutions.

Opinions like that help promote irresponsible actions by our officials.   Such a service to our nation.      256

George
Junior Expert
8.1.3  George  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    2 years ago

Maybe if DeSantis gave it a catchy name like “Homeward Bound” the condescending partisan hacks would embrace the policy of moving undesirables out of their states. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    2 years ago

When the federal government refuses to do their jobs what other choice do state have?

If Democrats don't want Republican governors shipping illegals to their elitist hypocritical racist enclaves; then they need have to force Brandon to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws. 

Democrats control the White House, Congress, and Senate. Republicans can't force them to do anything. Democrats are going to have to do it themselves.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.4    2 years ago
When the federal government refuses to do their jobs what other choice do state have?

They have plenty of choices.   You seem to be arguing that the only possible way to deal with illegal immigrants is to lie to them and transport them to another location that has no knowledge of their arrival and is unprepared to deal with them.

Here is a thought.   Let's assume that bussing is the preferred method.   Does it escape your imagination that a bussing solution could be planned so that the source and destination cities are working in unison as part of a defined process?   The result being that the people are not mislead and that they are being humanely treated.

If you think that, in the complexity of managing our nation, there is only one bad 'solution' to a problem then that should be a red flag that you have not thought this through.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.5    2 years ago
other location that has no knowledge of their arrival and is unprepared to deal with them.

C'mon TiG. Did you feel the same way when the administration sent planes to Jacksonville and other destinations without warning? Under the cover of darkness no less.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.6    2 years ago
C'mon TiG. Did you feel the same way when the administration sent planes to Jacksonville and other destinations without warning?

I bet the answer is going to be yes.

We just could never tell it from his comments.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.2    2 years ago
Well no shit, Texan.  

AH, finally you see!

Opinions like that help promote irresponsible actions by our officials.

Sorry, but I have never told Biden my opinion and don't really think I have anything to do with his lack of policy. I also have never voiced my opinion to sanctuary city mayors or sanctuary state Governors, so it isn't likely I had anything to do with them flouting US laws.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.6    2 years ago

I cannot think of a scenario where I would consider it okay to ship human beings from one place to another as part of a political stunt.

Do you think the act in this topic was humane and responsible?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.5    2 years ago
They have plenty of choices.

No they really don't. Democrats control everything at the federal level. They have proven for 2 years that they don't give a damn. The only way to get them to move is to make things so painful for them that they are forced to act.

You seem to be arguing that the only possible way to deal with illegal immigrants is to lie to them and transport them to another location that has no knowledge of their arrival and is unprepared to deal with them.

First of all no one is lying to the immigrants. Secondly Democrats deserve as much notice as Republican border states are getting. In other words none.

Here is a thought.   Let's assume that bussing is the preferred method.   Does it escape your imagination that a bussing solution could be planned so that the source and destination cities are working in unison as part of a defined process?   The result being that the people are not mislead and that they are being humanely treated.

No one is being mistreated- outside of the Democrats who hate being outed as virtue signaling hypocritical racists. That isn't mistreatment, that is a harsh reality. These are the same asshole Democrats that been insulated from the illegal immigrant surge; but continuously blast Republican border governors for being racist for complaining about it. They are sanctuary cities they are supposed to have the resources to deal with this. Think the Federal government is helping our Republican border states? It is just dump and run with no warning. Maybe they will get repaid somewhere down the road. Chances are not.

If you think that, in the complexity of managing our nation, there is only one bad 'solution' to a problem then that should be a red flag that you have not thought this through.

There is one damn solution that you refuse to accept. There is no working with the current status quo. Brandon must secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws! If Trump can do it; then the Human Fuck Machine in the White House can at least try!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.9    2 years ago
I cannot think of a scenario where I would consider it okay to ship human beings from one place to another as part of a political stunt.

Sorry. That's not what I asked. What did you think  of the administration flying people to destinations without the destination being made aware? But from the rest of your comment, it didn't matter as long as it wasn't "part of a political stunt"?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.10    2 years ago
No they really don't.

No point continuing with someone who refuses to even consider that there are options better than this topic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.11    2 years ago

I answered your question in general.   That means that every situation that fits within my description I consider to be wrong.   That includes your example.

See how that works?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.11    2 years ago

Don't you remember all the times he denounced the Biden Administration for pulling the political stunt of shipping aliens somewhere?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.15  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.12    2 years ago

I agree no point in continuing with someone that refuses to consider securing the damn border and enforcing our immigration laws.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.15    2 years ago

Get a clue, Ronin.   I am for enforcing our borders.   You should read before opining and cease presuming.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.14    2 years ago

I do not opine on every topic.   Further, I am not the topic and you are trolling.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.13    2 years ago

In general yes and thanks for that. However, I asked you for an answer on a specific topic and your generalized answer did not leave out the scenarios where it wasn't considered a political stunt. Please answer what you thought of those specific flights. 

Thanks

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.18    2 years ago

I didn't claim you opine on every topic. Isn't that usually claim is a strawman?

I also know you aren't the topic, kudos for recognizing that.

No one is trolling.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.18    2 years ago

No Jim.   I am not playing your stupid games.   You can figure out that I consider 'x' bad if I state that all 'x' are bad.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.20    2 years ago
I didn't claim you opine on every topic.

(You clearly intended to reply to me)

Then it should not be even noteworthy if I do not opine on a particular topic.   Thus you should not presume to know my opinion by virtue of my not heavily opining on something.

See?   You presume too much.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.21    2 years ago

You qualified it with "political stunt". Your words...............

That said, the administration didn't do it as a political stunt so did you approve?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.24  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.16    2 years ago
Get a clue, Ronin.   I am for enforcing our borders.

The vast majority of liberals, progressives and Democrats want secure borders. The only real difference is that they also want to treat undocumented immigrants humanely as well as honor our commitment to asylum seekers.

I think there are two extremes that get projected by each side on to each other that completely misrepresent the real issues over immigration.

On one side, right wing conservatives claim all liberals, progressives and Democrats want "open borders" and a "free stuff" society, which is complete bullshit of course. And on the other side some on the left like to believe all right wing conservatives are just greasy beer bellied confederate flag waving white supremacists who want to build a wall to protect their "white culture" from the "brown wave".

I don't believe either extreme is accurate of the majorities on each side, most Republicans aren't racist knuckle-dragging racists and most Democrats aren't open borders socialists, yet sadly that's often where these debates between the two sides end up, forever stuck debating the extremes instead of working together towards some middle ground compromise. And I'm not saying there aren't some fringe lefties who want amnesty for everyone and no border regulation, I'm sure those crazies exist out there somewhere, just like there are clearly some racist trash conservatives that support inhumane border control and think treating undocumented immigrants worse than animals will teach them to stay away.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.24    2 years ago
The vast majority of liberals, progressives and Democrats want secure borders.

Maybe one day who they vote for will reflect that premise.

So far, it simply has not.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.26  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.23    2 years ago

I do not approve of shipping human beings to a location if that location is not part of a process where it expects and is prepared to deal with their arrival.

That reuses language I used earlier to describe my position.

How is it possible for you to think that I would condone flying migrants into Jacksonville sans a defined, agreed-to process and preparation to deal with their arrival?

I have noticed that a certain collection of members have chosen to engage in truly ridiculous levels of faux obtuseness; that is pure trolling.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.22    2 years ago
(You clearly intended to reply to me)

When I reply to you, it will look like this jrSmiley_115_smiley_image.png, but thanks for not making me point out the obvious yet again.

Then it should not be even noteworthy if I do not opine on a particular topic.

It isn't, yet you felt compelled to comment on it anyway.

Thus you should not presume to know my opinion by virtue of my not heavily opining on something.

I made an educated guess on your reply based on your comments.

A guess, I will point out, that was 100% accurate.

See? I guessed right!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.27    2 years ago
When I reply to you, it will look like this

You replied to Just Jim @8.1.20 with quotes from me and in response to what I wrote.

Amazing you deny even the most demonstrably obvious.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.28    2 years ago
You replied to Just Jim @8.1.20 with quotes from me and in response to what I wrote.

Okay, let me explain in terms you may understand. 

I replied to Jim. Check.

When I reply to you, it will look like my post to you just did and this one does because it is addressed specifically to you.

Amazing you deny even the most demonstrably obvious

Not nearly as amazing a tale as you claiming I denied something. Quote me!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.30  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.24    2 years ago
"The vast majority of liberals, progressives and Democrats want secure borders."

Then why isn't your president doing anything about this problem...which up to now he has ignored

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.32  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.6    2 years ago

No one on the left has said a word about the hundreds/thousands of unvaxxed illegal aliens without any identification paperwork that Biden, Harris, and Mayorkas flew and bused all over the country since 2021 ... including Florida

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.33  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.24    2 years ago
The vast majority of liberals, progressives and Democrats want secure borders.

Then where is the pressure from Democrats and the left on Brandon to close the damn border? If that many on the left wanted secure borders Brandon wouldn't be able to get away with the southern border being wide open. There would be no record setting border crossing and illegals entering this country for two straight years.

The only real difference is that they also want to treat undocumented immigrants humanely as well as honor our commitment to asylum seekers.

No one wants illegals treated inhumanely. But our immigration laws need to be enforced; or it will only encourage more and more to come. Letting them remain in the US puts a strain on our resources. Is it fair for US citizens that are homeless and poor to compete with illegal immigrants for government services, aid, and resources? Also, we are honoring our commitment to asylum seekers. Making them remain in Mexico until their court dates is not dishonoring them. Most asylum seeker requests are denied; even with Brandon's exceedingly lax standards. Economic hardship and looking for employment are not valid reasons to grant asylum.

forever stuck debating the extremes instead of working together towards some middle ground compromise.

There can be no compromise so long as the southern border is open; and the federal government refuses to enforce our immigration laws. Funny how Democrats have no problem with Latin Americans crossing illegally into this country and requesting asylum; but when it comes to Cubans and Haitians they are automatically sent back. Seems that Cubans don't vote Democrat- so they have no use for them.

President Obama announced Thursday an end to the 20-year-old "wet foot, dry foot" policy that allowed most Cuban migrants who reach U.S. soil to stay and become legal permanent residents after one year.

So now Cubans simply cross the southern border illegally like everyone else. They simply don't tell the BP they are Cubans.

And I'm not saying there aren't some fringe lefties who want amnesty for everyone and no border regulation, I'm sure those crazies exist out there somewhere,

Try Democrats in the House and Senate.

Amnesty will do nothing to slow the flood of illegals entering our country. They know that there only needs to be enough of them here; and Democrats will call for another amnesty measure.

I have no problem with immigration reform. They can start by allowing those seeking asylum to request it at any US embassy or consulate. There is no need for them to come to a US legal port of entry; or be in this country until their case is decided. Entering this country illegally before the case is decided should be grounds for immediate rejection and deportation. Next they can fix the worker VISA program so that the number of VISAs granted match the amount of workers that are needed at the time within the US. If that number lowers- and immigrants are fired from their jobs and cannot get another; then a clock starts- after a certain amount of days they will be deemed illegal. All services and aide at every level will be cut off. If they still refuse to leave they will be deported and will not be eligible to enter this country again under any VISA program. 

But until the border is secured and our current immigration laws enforced to the letter; there is no room to compromise.

As for Republican governors shipping "migrants" that are here either legally (still need to see proof on that) or illegally to Democrat sanctuary cities w/o advanced notice; until the federal government provides advanced notice to border states and states where they are shipping migrants in dead of night-  Democrats can pound sand. If they think handling a minute fraction of the migrants that several small border communities are forced to w/o federal assistance is bad; then they need to force Brandon to close the border and enforce immigration laws. It is simple as that. Until then they will be treated the exact same way Republican border states are treated by the federal government. It seems the only way that Democrats can be made to listen.

Also, claiming that these immigrants were mistreated in any way during this process is a complete lie; and just political red meet for the Democrat base. Democrats and the leftist media should be concentrating on the overcrowding and deplorable conditions at the migrant processing centers. That is truly inhumane. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    2 years ago

Places that call themselves sanctuary cities deserve all the illegal aliens that can be delivered to them 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @9    2 years ago
Places that call themselves sanctuary cities deserve all the illegal aliens that can be delivered to them 

And those sanctuaries should not receive federal funds for the benefits extended to illegal aliens.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @9    2 years ago

Ya!  All those feral cats, right charger?

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.2.1  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @9.2    2 years ago

They must want the feral cats 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.3  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @9    2 years ago

I hope that governors continue to disperse aliens to all the sanctuaries Democrats love, well, love until they actually GET some aliens.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @9.3    2 years ago

Wait until shipments start arriving on wannabe president Newsom's sanctuary doorsteps! He's gonna go ballistic! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    2 years ago

During the Obama administration an outline for comprehensive immigration reform was reached, bipartisan, in the Senate but the right wing Republican bomb throwers in the House would not agree to it. 

Generally, over the years , Republicans have not been willing to agree to a path to citizenship and the Democrats have not agreed to more border controls without a path to citizenship for the migrants who are already here. 

This all could have been worked out through compromise years ago. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

Anyone that is in the US illegally doesn't deserve a pathway to citizenship. 

We have done the whole amnesty bullshit with Reagan. Reagan went along with amnesty; and Democrats were supposed to provide funding and secure the border. We can all see how well Democrats keep their damn word!

So no damn deals with Democrats until the border gets secure permanently, and all illegals within the US get expelled. Then there can be a discussion about temporary work VISA immigration reform. One that bases the number of work VISA's allowed on the number of open jobs available. When the jobs decrease the work VISA's are canceled for those that are no longer employed, and they are expelled after a short period of time. No aid or benefits going to them at any level once their time expires. Just to make sure there is no reason for them to hang around any longer.

As for permanent citizenship, that should be saved for only the most rare circumstances. When the immigrant can offer a skill that the US needs. Or has provided special assistance to US forces in their country of origin that is now hostile. (None of this Brandon bullshit where anyone lucky enough to get into the Kabul airport is loaded up on a plane and is suddenly a US citizen. Speaking of which; when is Brandon going to get those US citizens, Green Card holders, and Special VISA holders out of Afghanistan that he abandoned. The ones that the US really owes something to?)

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

"This all could have been worked out through compromise years ago". 

Obama never compromised with the Republicans. He made that clear early on.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
10.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Greg Jones @10.2    2 years ago

"I have a phone and I have a pen" - 

Yup - 'nuff said.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    2 years ago

It would have been easy for the Republican governors involved to get on the good side of this current issue. Abbott and/or DeSantis notify the mayor of New York, or wherever, that they are over capacity in their states and have to send some of the migrants north. Then say in one week I am sending x amount of migrants to your city.  This would have put the "blame" or the outcome, solely on the northern mayors and governors. 

But Abbott and DeSantis did not do that, undoubtedly because that wouldnt be a dramatic enough "owning" of the libs. They sent thousands of people north with no heads up to the agencies up there, and now the GOP far right governors look like sadistic fools. 

Oh well. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
11.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @11    2 years ago
It would have been easy for the Republican governors involved to get on the good side of this current issue.

And exactly is the "good side of this current issue"?  Surely you aren't suggesting they get on the Democrats side of this.  We already know that's a failing policy they are running.

Abbott and/or DeSantis notify the mayor of New York, or wherever, that they are over capacity in their states and have to send some of the migrants north.

Did Biden give notice when he sent out his midnight flights?  I don't recall hearing anything about that.  While, yes, it is petty, but it brought to light a problem that this administration adamantly states doesn't exist.  And with that these Democrat run sanctuary cities are experiencing what border states are experiencing.  Naturally at a much smaller scale.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
11.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @11    2 years ago

Does the federal government give the Republican controlled border states any warning? Seems to be a dump and dump some more operation. With no end in sight. Why should Democrats get any notice? 

You still can't get over the fact that your elitist virtue signaling sanctuary city Democrats were shown to be out right racists. 

Republicans need to continue to ship these migrants to Democrat bastions of stupidity until Democrats wake up and force Brandon to do his damn job! Nothing less than securing our borders and enforcing our immigration laws will do. 

Until then Democrats can continue to be shown as the virtue signaling racist hypocrites they really are.

Oh well.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11    2 years ago
and now the GOP far right governors look like sadistic fools. 

Do you think Lori Lightfoot is a sadistic fool?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11.3.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3    2 years ago

"sadistic"????  She is the "Mayor" of Chicago.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

They sent thousands of people north with no heads up to the agencies up there, and now the GOP far right governors look like sadistic fools.

And the WH looks like uninformed leaders or cynical politicians for not owning a federal problem.