╌>

The media's 'events' excuse for Biden's failures

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  44 comments

By:   Restoring America

The media's 'events' excuse for Biden's failures
President Joe Biden is a helpless bystander to a national and global malaise beyond his control. At least, that's what the public is being told by a national media mystified by all of the afflictions on Biden's presidency. It somehow never strikes the media that Biden and his administration might just be a reason for the current state of the economy and the country.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Opinion The media's 'events' excuse for Biden's failures ByStephen L. Miller October 23, 2022 06:00 AM

President Joe Biden is a helpless bystander to a national and global malaise beyond his control. At least, that's what the public is being told by a national media mystified by all of the afflictions on Biden's presidency. It somehow never strikes the media that Biden and his administration might just be a reason for the current state of the economy and the country.

Bloomberg forecast this week that the odds of a U.S. recession next year (reminder that the country is already in recession) stand at 100% "in blow to Biden." The guy just keeps suffering blows. CNN's Chris Cillizza wrote in July that "Joe Biden can't catch a break." Earlier this year, USA Today wrote , "From Afghanistan to inflation to the baby formula shortage, Joe Biden has been hammered by events that have eroded his support even among Democrats." Did you get that? Hammered by events. Referencing a poll conducted by the Associated Press in June, politics reporter Zeke Miller tweeted , "Growing majority in US say nation is on wrong track, including 78% of Democrats, as economy plagues Biden."

Biden is suffering from blows, events, and plagues, and our media just can't explain why it's happening!

Perhaps, and stay with me here, Biden and his extreme spending, short-sighted foreign policies, and complete lack of urgency in addressing the supply chain shortages might just play a role in all of this.

Biden ran on making the country a quieter, better place that benefited by having "the adults back in the room." Now, Biden's protectors in the media are trying to sell him as a guy who is just a victim of events. I suspect this is not the selling point they think it is heading into the midterm elections and 2024.

They want us to believe that the catastrophic Afghanistan withdrawal and skyrocketing inflation just fell out of the sky. That gas prices rose all on their own, not because Biden shut down new oil leases and has issued the fewest new leases since the 1940s. That the supply chain crisis is happening not because the current transportation secretary is distracted/incompetent and gearing up to run for president in 2024, but simply because events are out of the administration's control.

It's not going to sell with the public.

Stephen L. Miller ( @redsteeze ) has written for National Review, the New York Post, and Fox News and hosts the Versus Media podcast.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
President Joe Biden is a helpless bystander to a national and global malaise beyond his control.

And his handlers don't have a clue on how to rehabilitate his image.

The media may try to cover and make excuses for Biden, but surely voters can recognize him for what he is.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

More like a hapless bystander to events of his own making.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

My dog died last month. Had to be Biden's fault!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @1.2    2 years ago
My dog died last month. Had to be Biden's fault!

I'm sorry for your loss and I understand lashing out in pain, but try to remember all the good times that you two shared.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2    2 years ago
My dog died last month.

That is sad.

Had to be Biden's fault!

Okay.

Seems rather far-fetched to me, but it's your dog.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.2.3  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    2 years ago

Perhaps inflation caused such a strain on finances that care was out of reach? Or supply chain issues caused something needed to not be available?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    2 years ago

Beleaguered by Bad luck Biden? Always someone else's fault never his.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @2    2 years ago

And far too much of the media is carrying water for the Democrats.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    2 years ago
 Earlier this year, USA Today wrote , "From Afghanistan to inflation to the baby formula shortage, Joe Biden has been hammered by events that have eroded his support even among Democrats." Did you get that? Hammered by events.

Left wing media wants to make Biden the victim of everything that's destroying the US and her citizens. It's a poor attempt at political subterfuge, because intelligent Americans don't buy into that propaganda.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    2 years ago
Left wing media wants to make Biden the victim of everything

Liberals do love to play the victim card.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 years ago
Liberals do love to play the victim card.

And the race/gender cards. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    2 years ago

Kick the can and pass the buck at it's finest.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.3  Snuffy  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    2 years ago

Well,   IMO...

Afghanistan -  yep,  the pull-out was a disaster and he owns that 100%.  He holds the bag for that major fuckup.

Inflation -  ok,  he didn't cause inflation all by himself, and he cannot be blamed for the entire world either.  But he and the Democrat party sure didn't do anything to lessen the impact and with all the free money that was pushed out it could be said they helped to make it worse.

Baby Formula Shortage -  no, really cannot blame Biden for this.  

Biden and the Democrats have enough problems facing them but I think it's important to be honest.  Not that I expect them to be fully honest in 3 weeks when the results of the elections come in.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Biden ran on making the country a quieter, better place that benefited by having "the adults back in the room."

What an about face he did on his first day in office. There he was with a big pile of EOs that countered the benefits of what Trump did. Every leftist dream was fulfilled in less than two years and now with a few weeks to go they are trying to avoid their reckoning.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

November can it come soon enough!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1    2 years ago

The days are moving swiftly now.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago

Yep, and the Dems are panicking more with each passing day. I love it!

George
Junior Expert
4.1.3  George  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.2    2 years ago

Cue…. People voted against their own best interests starting in November, because everyone knows liberals know what’s best for everyone.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @4.1.3    2 years ago

Yes, most liberal Dems really just cannot help proverbially falling on their own swords. Just herd instinct I guess.

George
Junior Expert
5  George    2 years ago

I can understand the media covering for Biden, it’s abuse to blame the mentally incompetent. Hell Biden is now freezing mid-answer. It’s pathetic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @5    2 years ago

One thing I'm certain of: The DNC will not nominate an 82 year old for president in 2024.....nor will the RNC nominate a brutally tarnished 78 year old.

George
Junior Expert
5.1.1  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

The withdrawal for the TDS sufferers is going to be epic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @5.1.1    2 years ago

Kari Lake was on ABC's This Week this morning. She didn't get asked about her policy agenda for Arizona. She was only asked about her thoughts on the 2020 election.

That tells you all you need to know about the media.

George
Junior Expert
5.1.3  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    2 years ago

Conservatives need to start responding with, “It’s over, why can’t you idiots move along?”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  George @5.1.1    2 years ago
The withdrawal for the TDS sufferers is going to be epic.

Naw---they'll keep beating a dead horse because they can't run on the economy, border security, law and order, or immigration issues.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @5.1.1    2 years ago

I just cannot wait to be here on NT when the election results come in and blame game melt down begin on why the Dems lost big time!

George
Junior Expert
5.1.6  George  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.5    2 years ago

The Oregon Governors office may be red in January. Talk about an abject failure by the democrats to govern.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.5    2 years ago

The Ds losing in the midterms has been a foregone conclusion for almost two years.   They are the party in power and thus face the almost predictable rebalancing come midterms.   Given the Ds have no major successes (other than successfully deploying vaccines to help end the pandemic) and have a number of major negatives (inflation, Afghanistan, ...) the Rs should prevail.

The key negatives for the Rs are the SCotUS abortion decision and the ever-lingering MAGA Trump parasite.

To wit, if the Rs win seats and take control this November that will not be very newsworthy.   It the Ds prevail and hold control, that would be an interesting turn that would trigger analysis.   If either party knocks it out of the park, that would also be unexpected and analysis worthy.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @5.1.6    2 years ago

My oldest grandson lives in Reedsport, Oregon a small town about halfway up the coast of Oregon. The town is mostly conservative in makeup and he says they cannot wait for a Republican to become governor and step on the leftist liberal morons in Portland!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

November can it come soon enough!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Sorry. Utterly ridiculous. 

She is asked about her views on the election, not out of the blue, but because she is an election denier who will not commit to accepting the results of her own election this year. 

I watched the morning shows this morning and a lot of it was "both sides -ism" . The media is being far too kind to these traitorous Republican candidates. Far too kind.  The media wants that horse race. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

John, are they traitorous to you simply because they do not have a (D) behind their name? Please explain why they are traitorous to you. Oh, that's right you routinely paint all non liberal non Dems with the same wide brush don't you? As you were told previously there is no middle ground for you is there? It's either your way or the highway as the saying goes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1    2 years ago

Heck, if you aren't writing something negative about Trump in every waking moment, then you are now a traitor!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.1    2 years ago

Yep, that's about it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1    2 years ago

Call me old fashioned. Yes people who try to overthrow the government or approve of attempts to overthrow the government are traitors. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    2 years ago

Ok, I told you that I would call you whatever you like, Old Fashioned.  

BTW, it's a tasty cocktail best made with rye.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    2 years ago

Great attempt at deflection there but it does not fly in the face of reality. How many Republicans/conservatives had nothing to do with alleged said overthrow? Then again that is a trick question because you seem to think any non liberal Dem was somehow involved or agreed with it and you have never explained or claimed otherwise. Try again.

George
Junior Expert
8  George    2 years ago

When will the perpetually butt hurt come to the realization that the 2020 election is over? The only people beating this dead horse are the brain dead left, are they really so fucking stupid they think the average American finds this more important than 5 dollar gas and 30% higher food prices? Can they be that stupid?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @8    2 years ago

In answer to your question, yes many really are that stupid!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  George @8    2 years ago
Can they be that stupid?

Have we not seen proof daily here?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Stating that Biden doesn't have control over events only states the obvious.  But Biden has considerable control over how the United States responds to events.

So far, it seems that Biden's response to events has only made the consequences of those events worse.  Biden seems to be responding according to how he thinks the world ought to work instead of how the world really works.  That's why there are questions about Biden being disconnected from reality.  

When an event occurs then the steps taken to respond can make the outcome better or worse.  And Biden seems to always choose a worse outcome.  Biden's long public service has obviously not prepared him to be President.  Biden knows how to bamboozle the electorate but Biden doesn't seem to have a clue about how to actually do the job.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Nerm_L @9    2 years ago

It is also quite obvious that Biden is getting the "mushroom treatment" by his handlers. They are feeding him shit and keeping him in the dark!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.1    2 years ago
It is also quite obvious that Biden is getting the "mushroom treatment" by his handlers. They are feeding him shit and keeping him in the dark!

IMO Biden chose people who see the world the same way Biden does and who have the same priorities that Biden has.  Biden is living inside a bubble of his own making.  Biden's handlers are actually Biden's enablers who tell Biden what he wants to hear.

Events keep trying to burst Biden's bubble.  The more Band-Aids slapped on that bubble only makes it more opaque.  And that means Biden's bubble is turning into a cocoon.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Nerm_L @9.1.1    2 years ago

Amen.