╌>

‘I Got It Passed by a Vote or Two’: Biden Falsely Claims Student-Debt ‘Forgiveness’ Passed Congress

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 years ago  •  85 comments

‘I Got It Passed by a Vote or Two’: Biden Falsely Claims Student-Debt ‘Forgiveness’ Passed Congress

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In an interview released Sunday, President Biden stated that his student-debt forgiveness initiative had already been “passed by a vote or two” although it hasn’t been voted on in Congress.

Biden issued an executive order in late August “forgiving” up to $10,000 in student debt for individuals making less than $125,000 per year and up to $20,000 for Pell Grant recipients in the same income category. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, the unilateral move could cost taxpayers as much as   $400 billion .

During a panel discussion with the digital media company NowThis, Biden falsely claimed that the executive order was actually legislation that he “got passed by a vote or two.”

Here is the full clip for all you clowns who say it’s out of context. Biden first falsely claims he “signed a law” to cancel student loan debt, then says he “got it passed by a vote or two.”

???????   pic.twitter.com/JKdKde24db

— Jake Schneider (@jacobkschneider)   October 24, 2022

The   8 th   Circuit Court of Appeals   temporarily blocked Biden’s student-bailout order last Friday in response to a lawsuit filed by a group of Republican-led states.

“Nothing about loan cancellation is lawful or appropriate. In an end-run around Congress, the administration threatens to enact a profound and transformational policy that will have untold economic impacts. The administration’s lawless action should be stopped immediately,” the   plaintiffs   argue.

The move is seen by many as an undisguised ploy to shore up support amongst young, university-educated, adults–a core Democratic Party cohort–ahead of the midterm elections and comes at a time of decades-high inflation rates spurred by federal spending.

Since the student-loan bailout’s original announcement, the Biden administration has responded to legal challenges by narrowing the definition of eligible applicants. The change has dropped nearly a   million claimants   according to one official.

The interview with a handful of young adults with   NowThis   has comes as Biden seeks to reach out to young voters to buoy his slumping poll numbers ahead of the midterms. The forum discussion also featured segments on gun reform, climate change, abortion access, and transgenderism.

An earlier initiative to provide two years of free   community college , and make good on an earlier Biden promise, failed to pass a Democratically controlled Congress.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

We know he's a habitual liar, but this is another level  

I don't know if its worse that he believes this is true (hello, 25th amendment) , or he that he thinks he can get away with such a blatant lie. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

His cheerleaders will ignore this article because they can't logically defend Biden in this case.

I wonder what the weather is like in Bidenworld?

I wonder if any news agencies will bother to "fact check" Biden on this or if he continues to get a free pass from a largely supportive media?

Perhaps we should start our own list of possible Democratic, progressive 'excuses' for what Biden actually stated?

1. Biden thought they were talking about something other than student loans

2. Well, he said it, but he didn't really mean it THAT way

3. We, um, um, um, got nothing!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 years ago

Post 5 is trying excuse number 1.

Shocking!

George
Junior Expert
1.2  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago
We know he's a habitual liar

But, trump lied 20 trillion times just last Tuesday, Some no life moron on the internet told me so, so it must be true!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

It's only a lie if he's aware it's false.  Occam's Razor being what it is, he was probably just confused.

I'm not saying that's better, BTW, just more likely.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago
"We know he's a habitual liar, but this is another level"

You're confused and referring to #45.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.5  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

meh, we've already done the mentally confused moron as POTUS with ronny raygun's 2nd term...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.5    2 years ago
meh, we've already done the mentally confused moron as POTUS with ronny raygun's 2nd term...

And now we have worse than Reagan ever even thought of being!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.5.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.5.1    2 years ago
now we have worse than Reagan ever even thought of being

gee, I don't think there was a lot of thought happening in raygun's 2nd term...

...but be sure to let us all know when jill is seen standing behind him on the podium prompting his answers after using an ouija board and astrologer... like the 40's BJ queen of hollywood, nancy, did...

George
Junior Expert
1.5.3  George  replied to  devangelical @1.5.2    2 years ago

So you agree Biden has Alzheimer’s like Reagan, and your only dispute is the first lady’s advisors? 
Baby steps.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.5.4  devangelical  replied to  George @1.5.3    2 years ago

wrong again... 

oh wait, are you putting words in my mouth? I think texan may have a problem with that...

George
Junior Expert
1.5.5  George  replied to  devangelical @1.5.4    2 years ago

It appeared to be a direct connection between Reagan and Biden, along with their first ladies.  [deleted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.5.2    2 years ago
gee, I don't think there was a lot of thought happening in raygun's 2nd term...

Of course you wouldn't.

...but be sure to let us all know when jill is seen standing behind him on the podium prompting his answers after using an ouija board and astrologer... like the 40's BJ queen of hollywood did...

Crazy you are reduced to dragging up dead people in order to "defend" your boy Biden!

George
Junior Expert
1.5.7  George  replied to  devangelical @1.5.2    2 years ago
the 40's BJ queen of hollywood

Harris is from the Bay area and wasn't giving BJ's in the 40's.  Thou Willie Brown may have been into pedophilia, We know Biden is, ask his daughter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.8  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.5.4    2 years ago
I think texan may have a problem with that...

No one asked.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5.9  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.5.4    2 years ago

Some moron is claiming that Jill Biden wants to be President and is abusing Joe.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5.10  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.5.9    2 years ago

Excuse me 'wants the power of the Oval Office'

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Biden was all set to start forgiving loans this weekend, but the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals late Friday issued a stay while it considers the states’ appeal.

Even if he prevails, Biden may not get the benefits of this purely political handout to debtors before the election!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

Biden was all set to start forgiving loans this weekend

The man can't stop lying.  Before the 8th Circuit's ruling he claimed the Courts said they were "on Biden's side".

No court, of course, has even come close to ruling his giveaway was legal.  A couple simply said the plaintiffs challenging weren't the proper parties to challenge it. . 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

I believe Biden and the Democrats will get some benefit from this for the November elections as early voting has already started in many states.  And there's no tally of how many people who could benefit from this program did get out to vote early, all we know is that once again the early voting numbers are large.  Will it be enough to aid the Democrats in November?  We'll find out.  I think not but we will know for sure in a few weeks.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    2 years ago

Shouldn't be too long before the Biden sycophants start making excuses and accusing us of "taking things out of context" in some lame attempt to excuse Biden's ineptness.

Is the man for real with these blatant lies?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    2 years ago

For a man who claimed to have graduated at the top of his law school class, has been in elected office for over 50 years, served as VP for 8 years, and is now the so-called Commander-in-Chief, it's rather alarming that he still doesn't know the difference between an EO and a bill voted on and passed by Congress. 

I don't know if its worse that he believes this is true (hello, 25th amendment) , or he that he thinks he can get away with such a blatant lie. 

Well, since he's asked a paraplegic to stand up, believes that Dunkin' Donuts stores always have people with "Indian accents", said that Obama was "sorta clean", asked where a deceased woman was, said that Kamala Harris is the POTUS numerous times, repeatedly insisted that Covid is a disease of the unvaccinated, tries to shake hands with invisible people, and can't find his way off a small stage, perhaps Amendment 25 is something to seriously consider. But, if it comes to that, the replacement will be a woman who giggles and cackles.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 years ago

It sounds like in an earlier part of the interview, not on this clip, he was talking about the infrastructure bill, which was passed by one or two votes, and then conflated the infrastructure bill with the student debt relief.

Big fucking deal. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago
Big fucking deal. 

We'll see how big a deal it is in about 16 days.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago
We'll see how big a deal it is in about 16 days.

Not even 10 minutes passed before someone used Excuse #1 from my post 1.1.

kind of sad, really, that they are so damn predictable.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    2 years ago

That took longer than I expected.  Who is using that pathetic excuse, on the other hand, doesn't surprise me in the least.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago
Big fucking deal. 

If you or I got confused this much, it wouldn’t be a BFD. But the president doesn’t get that luxury.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

So what you are saying is Biden is incompetent and shouldn't be in office.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    2 years ago

If Biden actually thought they were talking about something else, what in the holy hell does that say about his ability to follow a simple conversation and his cognition?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6    2 years ago

We can't expect much from a man who thinks "the economy is as strong as hell," can we?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

Biden says something about forgiving 10k, then immediately after says he got it passed by a few votes.

People pretending he was referring to something else are delusional.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

can't expect much from a man who thinks "the economy is as strong as hell," can we?

He can't even clear the low bar of remembering the basics of the biggest legal challenge his administration faces.  If Congress had actually  passed it, there's no lawsuit.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.2    2 years ago
He can't even clear the low bar of remembering the basics of the biggest legal challenge his administration faces.  If Congress had actually  passed it, there's no lawsuit.  

YOU know that, I know that, but who is willing to let Biden in on it? I don't think his handlers like Biden to have too much information, as it confuses him so.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @6    2 years ago
ually thought they were talking about something else, what in the holy hell does that say about his ability to follow a simple conversation and his cognition?

Yeah. That's not a road they go down. Each horrible gaffe is to be viewed in total isolation and never examined any closer.  

and of course, never, ever look at the pattern developing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2    2 years ago
Yeah. That's not a road they go down. Each horrible gaffe is to be viewed in total isolation and never examined any closer.

Well, the pattern here is certainly clear.

How many times must the WH staff 'walk back' Biden comments?

If I had a parent so cognitively challenged, I would be greatly concerned and seek help for them. Democrats just keep trotting Joe out to make more blunders.

Sad, really.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    2 years ago
f I had a parent so cognitively challenged, I would be greatly concerned and seek help for them. Democrats just keep trotting Joe out to make more blunders.

It really is sad.  He's embarrassing himself (and  the country by misstating foreign policy) and they pretend its fine because the charade is to their political benefit. .  

He should be living out his days enjoying the millions he's made as a "public servant." 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    2 years ago
If I had a parent so cognitively challenged, I would be greatly concerned and seek help for them.

Jill has wanted the Oval Office's power for years and is doing everything she can to keep it ... even elder abuse.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.3    2 years ago
"Jill has wanted the Oval Office's power for years and is doing everything she can to keep it ... even elder abuse."

Really?

Where is the proof for this absurd claim?

Or is that you attempting to be funny?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.3    2 years ago

311647108_185034517393618_2085263034729005574_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=sgryrkqpwvoAX8Ph3tM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_nfyrE-Z9JXE6M5k6PW0pbhb-zdWahk9wfEheGpaTjFQ&oe=635BD75C

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.4    2 years ago

No funnier than you defending him and acting like he does and can do no wrong!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.5    2 years ago

What, another dead, white, European male church guy.  Don't you know any quotes from woman and people of color?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.6    2 years ago

That's so mature

What's the problem with defending a decent man?

Talked about fucked up priorities.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.2    2 years ago
He should be living out his days enjoying the millions he's made as a "public servant." 

Or, at the very least, enjoying his grandchildren during his sunset years before he can no longer remember who they are. He's already forgotten that Kamala isn't the president, doesn't know his wife from his sister, and which way to exit a small stage or room. I know from experience that cognitive disabilities from dementia/Alzheimer's don't improve; they only gets worse and more pronounced. Very sad.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.8    2 years ago

You are right. Too bad we are not talking about Joe Biden.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.9    2 years ago

You forgot looking for a dead person and asking if she is in the room.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.11    2 years ago

Or asking a paraplegic in a wheel chair to stand up.

George
Junior Expert
6.2.13  George  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.12    2 years ago

OMG!!!!! Biden thinks he’s Jesus Christ. Raising the dead and healing the lame.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  George @6.2.13    2 years ago

No he'd screw up and make a lame man blind.............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.9    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.10    2 years ago

Well then who the fuck are you talking about?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.16    2 years ago

Almost anybody other than Biden will do.

George
Junior Expert
7  George    2 years ago

The sad thing is, Fetterman may be more lucid than Biden at this point, at least he can read a teleprompter without fucking it up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @7    2 years ago
The sad thing is, Fetterman may be more lucid than Biden at this point, at least he can read a teleprompter without fucking it up.

While true, not a ringing endorsement of Fetterman----"Better than Biden" just doesn't have that feel of a successful campaign slogan!

George
Junior Expert
7.1.1  George  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 years ago

Fetterman: I don't see dead people!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jasper2529  replied to  George @7    2 years ago

Fetterman's and Biden's cognitive problems are totally different, so there's that. Fetterman has already released excuse statements ahead of tonight's debate as to why Oz allegedly has an "advantage".

https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1584567680677601280?s=20&t=DDu5XvfSuUVcLuavchD5dw. 

George
Junior Expert
7.2.1  George  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2    2 years ago

You can't argue with that, being able to pronounce and understand 2 syllable words definitely gives Oz an advantage. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8  Revillug    2 years ago

His senior moments are accumulating.

There is no doubt about this.

If it comes down to a choice between Trump and Biden on the basis of mental competency that's going to be a bit of a wash.

But let's face it, nobody chooses between candidates on the basis of who is the least senile, had the best SAT scores, or has made the most convincing recovery from a recent stroke.

We vote for or against their agendas (or against or for the agendas of their opponents) .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @8    2 years ago
His senior moments are accumulating. There is no doubt about this.

It is virtually impossible to convince Biden sycophants of that fact.

They will continue to make excuses as seen in post #5.

It is predictable.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Revillug @8    2 years ago
His senior moments are accumulating. There is no doubt about this.

And all world leaders, friend and foe, are attentively watching.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    2 years ago

Some are suggesting he got his executive order confused with some actual piece of legislation. But that legislation isn’t being challenged in court, as he suggested. Only his executive order is.

It’s weird, because he mixes in what sounds like real numbers with a chaotic rendering of what is going on with the law. It really makes me wonder what decisions he might make about . . . well, anything . . . based on his inability to understand reality. 

We need more competency in a president.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 years ago
We need more competency in a president.

The good candidates apparently will not run.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @9.1    2 years ago
The good candidates apparently will not run.

They keep having this problem with that Bernie Sanders guy. He really spooks the Democratic Party. This last time around, he almost get himself nominated the same way Trump did - by being the really different voice in a roomful of people who basically agree with each other, but end up splitting the vote. That may be the biggest lesson they learned from 2016.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
9.1.2  Revillug  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.1    2 years ago
He really spooks the Democratic Party.

Because nobody believes he can win a general election.

At one time I thought he had a chance but it turns out that political polling in the USA has a liberal bias. (People who don't talk to pollsters vote too, it turns out.)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Revillug @9.1.2    2 years ago
Because nobody believes he can win a general election.

That’s what they all thought about Trump, too. It’s not a risk they can afford to take. And they loooove to control shit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.3    2 years ago

Who is it that loves to control shit?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.4    2 years ago

I mean 'looooves' to control shit?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @9.1    2 years ago
"The good candidates apparently will not run."'

Who do you consider good?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.4    2 years ago

The major political parties.  Do try to keep up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.7    2 years ago

You're the one who is behind.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.7    2 years ago

Plus I wasn't talking to you.  

Do try to keep up.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1.6    2 years ago

Condoleeza Rice is my exemplar for a good candidate.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.7    2 years ago
Do try to keep up.

You're asking for miracles.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
9.1.12  Revillug  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.3    2 years ago
That’s what they all thought about Trump, too. 

The Democrats don't fully appreciate the rightward tilt this country has. They blame it on gerrymandering and features of the senate and electoral college. The one thing they never get around to blaming is that the Democrats are a little too far to the left of the median voter.

The Democrats could very happily live with Bernie Sanders in the White House. Congress would be a backstop against the scale of his socialist vision. Democrats themselves are always a backstop against a complete implementation of their platform.

Billionaires may have taken the Democrats in a backroom and gotten them to clear the field for Biden, but they were more than happy to do it because they knew Sanders could very likely drag the whole party down with him in a national election. 

Socialism is a dirty word to most Americans.

And it is kind of *crazy* that Sanders describes himself as one, because he is basically an FDR or LBJ Liberal.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.7    2 years ago

But but but Trruuuummmp!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.5    2 years ago

No need to bring Nancy Pelosi into this.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @9.1    2 years ago

The good candidates have three things sorely lacking in DC these days. Morals, ethics, and a conscience. Makes for a very small playing field.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.1.16  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.10    2 years ago

For once we agree; but after what she endured from the left and media during the Bush Jr administration it will never happen. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @9.1.16    2 years ago

Would you agree if Condi were a D?

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.18  devangelical  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.1.15    2 years ago
candidates have three things sorely lacking these days. Morals, ethics, and a conscience

stop voting for republicans...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @9.1.18    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.1.21  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.17    2 years ago

Yes, I would even if she had a D behind her name.

Of course she would have left the Democrat Party or been forced out. She has too much integrity and back bone for today's woke far left Fascist morons that run the party.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @9.1.21    2 years ago

What the fuck is a woke far left facist?

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.23  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.22    2 years ago

a trumpster looking at his reflection in the mirror...

George
Junior Expert
10  George    2 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @10    2 years ago

Excellent, and sadly, true.