╌>

Midterm Capers

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  89 comments

Midterm Capers
"The most common price of gas in America is $3.39 down from over five dollars when I took office," Biden said. "We need to keep making that progress by having energy companies bring down the cost of a gallon of gas that reflects the cost of paying for a barrel of oil."

Link to quote: Biden says the price of gas was 'over five dollars' when he took office, data shows it was $2.39 | Fox Business

Joe Biden is trying to provide the message and democrats are out using dirty tricks.

2dd330c0099b964705a419d2311a61ee.jpg?tl=1&ve=1
Schumer caught on hot mic talking to Biden about the Senate race.

"The most common price of gas in America is $3.39, down from over five dollars when I took office," Biden said. "We need to keep making that progress by having energy companies bring down the cost of a gallon of gas that reflects the cost of paying for a barrel of oil.

Biden made the comment during a speech on the CHIPS Act in  Syracuse, New York .

However, the national average price for a gallon of regular gasoline in the week ending Jan. 25, 2021, shortly after Biden took office, was $2.39, according to data from the Energy Information Administration. The average price for a gallon of regular gasoline didn't hit $5 until June 2022, which is well over a year after Biden took office."

Biden says the price of gas was 'over five dollars' when he took office, data shows it was $2.39 | Fox Business

In the meantime, a new accuser has mysteriously come forward to claim that Herschel Walker pressured her to get an abortion way back in the early 90's. Georgia is the state that democrats feel is all important in holding onto the Senate. This new accuser, like the previous one has come forward on the eve of the election. It's what we call democrat dirty work, and the stink is very familiar.  A few cycles ago the Washington Post unveiled a story of underage dating involving Roy Moore as soon as he won the GOP nomination for the Alabama Senate race. That time it was the determining factor in that race. We all know what democrats did to Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh.

This time it looks like it won't work:

"Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer was caught on a hot mic on Thursday telling President Joe Biden that things were "going downhill" in the Georgia Senate race with less than two weeks to go before the midterm elections. "The state where we're going downhill is Georgia," Schumer said of Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock's highly charged reelection bid. "It's hard to believe that they will go for Herschel Walker."

Hot Mic Catches Schumer Warning Biden About Herschel Walker's Chances (businessinsider.com)

And there is yet another unconscionable act:

"The Air Force will “hold accountable” whoever leaked confidential records holding private information about the sexual assault of a Republican House candidate and former officer , two GOP congressmen said Wednesday. Reps. Jim Banks and Larry Bucshon (R-Ind.) said in a joint statement that Air Force watchdog Lt. Gen. Stephen Davis had told them the service took “full responsibility” for the release of Jennifer-Ruth Green’s confidential personnel records to an unnamed political research firm."

“On yesterday’s [Tuesday’s] call, the Air Force took full responsibility for improperly releasing Lt. Col. Green’s confidential personnel records to an opposition research firm just weeks before the midterm election,” the congressmen said. “Lt. Gen. Davis informed us that the leaker has been identified and will be held accountable.” The document also made its way to Politico reporter Adam Wren,  who published the information  in an Oct. 7 profile of Green despite her pleas to keep the assault private. Politico spokesman Brad Dayspring told The Post Tuesday that the documents were “obtained by a public record request and provided to Politico by a source.”

Air Force docs on GOP candidate's assault leaked to Dem shop (nypost.com)

In case you are wondering who Jennifer-Ruth Green is, she is the Republican candidate for Indiana's 1st Congressional District.

JenniferRuth-Green.PNG

The same candidate that the Congressional Black Caucus refuses to endorse. Instead, the organization will endorse her white male opponent, Rep. Frank Mrvan.

The Week:

GDP Report:
"The Commerce Department reported that  gross domestic product , the broadest measure of goods and services produced in the economy, grew by 2.6% over the last three months. The numbers show a rebound after the economy shrank in the first six months of this year." " Consumer spending grew just 1.4% over the same period."

GDP boost too little, too late to help Democrats, strategists say | Fox News

Covid Report:

WASHINGTON—The Covid-19 pandemic that has killed millions worldwide “was most likely the result of a research-related incident” in China, and not natural transmission of a virus from animal to human, a new report by Republicans on the Senate health committee concludes. The study cites details about the early spread of the SARS-COV-2 virus, which causes Covid; the fact that no animal host has been identified nearly three years into the pandemic; and  troubled biosafety procedures  at labs in the Chinese city of Wuhan to buttress its conclusion.

Covid-19 ‘Most Likely’ Leaked From Lab in China, Senate GOP Report Says - WSJ

Sen Mendez is under investigation again:  "Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) is under federal investigation, his advisor confirmed Wednesday, seven years after the senator was previously indicted for alleged bribery and corruption—which prosecutors are  reportedly  now investigating him for again."

Sen. Bob Menendez Under Federal Investigation—Again (forbes.com)

Alito speaks out on devious leak: "Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito  said Tuesday night that the  leak of the draft opinion to overturn Roe v. Wade this year endangered the lives of justices by putting a target on their backs. “It was a great betrayal of trust by somebody, and it was a shock, because nothing like that had happened in the past, so it certainly changed the atmosphere at the court for the remainder of last term,” Alito said at an event at the Washington-based Heritage Foundation in response to a question about how the leak has affected the court. “The leak also made those of us who were thought to be in the majority in support of overruling Roe and Casey targets for assassination, because it gave people a rational reason to think they could prevent that from happening by killing one of us,” he added. The court also overturned its related 1992 decision in Planned Parenthood v. Casey in the ruling in June."

Alito says leaked abortion opinion made conservative justices 'targets for assassination' (cnbc.com)

Musk takes control of Twitter & cleans house: “The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of healthy beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence,” he added, saying that his vision for Twitter would counter polarization and extremism in traditional media. “That is why I bought Twitter. I didn’t do it because it would be easy. I didn’t do it to make more money. I did it to try to help humanity, whom I love.”

‘I did it to try to help humanity, whom I love:’ Elon Musk drops a new statement as his Twitter takeover inches closer and says he won’t turn it into a ‘free-for-all hellscape’ (msn.com)

What Have We Learned: 

On Tuesday night John Fetterman and Mehmet Oz had their only debate. Many votes had already been cast. The Fetterman campaign must have thought it would have been worse to not debate than to allow their candidate to take the stage at the last minute. Whether it is right or wrong, Fetterman will likely lose undecided votes because of that decision. As we all now know he struggled that night. He also contradicted himself on fracking. Oz on the other hand came off as well polished and in command. Most important of all, Oz avoided attacking Fetterman personally. He was able to go after Fetterman on the issues of values, crime and immigration.

Democrats and the media have tried to make the election about abortion and Donald Trump. The voters are showing that the election will be about inflation, crime and the policies of Joe Biden. In certain polls on the issues, January 6th rates nineteenth. Democrats are also learning that Hispanics can think for themselves.

For months the media constructed and floated a narrative that the GOP had questionable candidates: "election deniers" and democrats even donated about $40 Million to those very candidates in the GOP primary elections, thinking they would be easier to defeat. It now appears that all of it backfired. American voters are energized by the terrible policies of Joe Biden. We will be seeing a red wave and it will carry both far right, as well as more moderate Republicans to victory.

The Cartoon of the Week:

toon-102722-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable Mention:

Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple

New Twitter owner Elon Musk

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

And we even have a new name for the state of Illinois: Pritzkerville!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Darren Bailey's campaign is doing so poorly he actually asked God to give him a miracle win, on camera. 

Bailey who 100% sounds like a hick, never had a prayer. 80% of the voters of Illinois are in the Chicago area, and I have never seen anyone who talks like a hick elected to county or city wide office up here. 

Plus, last but not least,  he's a fundamentalist Christian Trumpster.  He's going to lose by 15-20 points. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago

Pritzker has a 9 point lead and most likely will prevail. It will be one of the few things democrats can hold onto in 11 days.

Our 3rd largest city elected Lori E. Lightfoot as its mayor. That tells us all we need to know about what that city has become.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Illinois used to be a very purple state, with both Republicans and Democrats winning governorships and U.S. senate seats on a regular basis. That changed over the past couple decades as the Republican Party became more and more crazy. The upper middle class "Republican" suburbs of Chicago dont like all that noise and started voting for Democrats , enough to tip the balance of power on a so far permanent basis. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    2 years ago

No John, Chicago died and it wasn't the way Paper Lace thought.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

" and then there was no sound at all, cept the clock upon the wall......"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.4    2 years ago
" and then there was no sound at all, cept the clock upon the wall.

Aretha Franklin or Nowhere Man?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.6  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 years ago

just a verse from the song by paper lace , the night chicago died ..

think it pretty much says whats happening or will happen election eve while the votes are tallied . .

Now the beatles song "Nowhere man " kinda fits the current head executive in government in a way .....

Earworms abound today .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.6    2 years ago

I recall it from long ago. 

think it pretty much says whats happening or will happen election eve while the votes are tallied .

You're on to something!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago

maybe ... maybe not ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.8    2 years ago

As Al Capone once said: "In Chicago anything can happen."

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
Democrats and the media have tried to make the election about abortion and Donald Trump. The voters are showing that the election will be about inflation, crime and the policies of Joe Biden. In certain polls on the issues, January 6th rates nineteenth.

So people aren't buying the bullshit the Democrats are selling.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Evidently not.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

The words "most likely" are used for the purpose of spreading misinformation and disinformation, because they sure as hell aren't proof. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 years ago

They were Jen Psaki's most useful tools.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

desantis-casey-ron.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis brings his wife Casey DeSantis on stage during a campaign event for Republican Senate candidate J.D. Vance run by Turning Point Action in Youngstown, Ohio, U.S., August 19, 2022.   (REUTERS/Gaelen Morse)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Musk plans to end lifetime Twitter bans

FgJ7yZwWIAA-mYG?format=jpg&name=small

https:// trib.al/7yBxfmz

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago
Musk plans to end lifetime Twitter bans

Let the liberal freak out begin.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1    2 years ago

And right on cue.................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.1    2 years ago

Your right on cue is about an hour late.

LOL.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    2 years ago

So you've been freaking out for an hour now.  That can't be healthy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago
"Musk plans to end lifetime Twitter bans"

He's my hero!

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

When he spends some of those billions to end hunger or homelessness or some other noble deed please let me know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    2 years ago
When he spends some of those billions to end hunger or homelessness or some other noble deed please let me know.

Here you go:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.1    2 years ago

Isn't he talking about yanking that support?

Get back to me when he ends hunger or homelessness or some other noble deed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.2    2 years ago

He has to end hunger too?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.2    2 years ago
Get back to me when he ends hunger or homelessness or some other noble deed.

He's offered to donate billions to the UN once they proved that his donation would end world hunger. So far, all the UN has offered him is crickets chirping.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.4    2 years ago

Ya, I'm sure!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.4    2 years ago
In 2021 Musk told the UN's World Food Programme that he would donate $6B to solve world hunger if they could share a plan on how they’d spend the money.

Yep

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.5    2 years ago
Ya, I'm sure!

Good, because by now you should know that I'd never lie to you and can always support my statements with facts.

November 1, 2021 ,

Elon Musk, the richest person in the world, says he will sell $6 billion worth of Tesla stock and donate the proceeds to the United Nations’ food agency if it could show how the money would solve world hunger.

The SpaceX founder posted Sunday on Twitter: “If WFP can describe on this Twitter thread exactly how $6B will solve world hunger, I will sell Tesla stock right now and do it.”

“But it must be open source accounting, so the public sees precisely how the money is spent,” he added.

“Please publish your current & proposed spending in detail so people can see exactly where money goes,” Musk said in a Twitter reply. “Sunlight is a wonderful thing.”

It remained unclear Monday whether a meeting will be set.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.6    2 years ago

It's easy to find verification of this, isn't it? Even from left-wing sources.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.7    2 years ago

That's nice.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.9    2 years ago

That's the thing. All of Musk's wealth is in his stock portfolio.

He doesn't actually have the money in the bank. It is all on paper.

Also I don't think his tesla stock is worth 6 billion.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @6.2.10    2 years ago

Exactly, who among us would trade our fungible assets for his $210B on paper?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Ender  replied to  Ender @6.2.10    2 years ago

I was wrong. Tesla is worth 700 billion. How I don't get.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.13  Ender  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.11    2 years ago

If the stock market crashes, I will not be the one jumping out of a window.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @6.2.13    2 years ago

I know that is very comforting.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

I dont think Musk's ego is small enough to allow him to not interfere with the day to day workings of twitter. 

He will screw it up, make a mess of things, and then pretend nothing happened. And the right will call him a genius. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3    2 years ago

He will rid the place of bad actors and bad policies. Free speech is now on the table over at Twitter.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.1    2 years ago
Free speech is now on the table over at Twitter.

And that is what the left is freaking out about.  They will have to find a way to deal with the opposing opinion.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.3.2    2 years ago

Their beloved Obama told them:

“I’ve heard some college campuses where they don’t want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative or they don’t want to read a book if it has language that is offensive to African-Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal towards women,” Obama said. “I gotta tell you I don’t agree with that either. I don’t agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view.”

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.3    2 years ago

Even Barry acknowledged the need for opposing opinion.  I guess he used too many big words and they didn't understand him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.3.4    2 years ago

That's "the rub" with the left having an eloquent speaker.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3    2 years ago
And the right will call him a genius. 

Exactly, just look at his failures:

• PayPal
  • Tesla
  • SolarCity
  • SpaceX
  • Starlink
  • Hyperloop technology
  • OpenAI
  • Neuralink

What a loser.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrats call in their biggest star, Barack Obama, on Friday in the hopes that the former president can excite voters in Georgia and help the party hold onto a critical U.S. Senate seat."

AKA: The last minute Hail Mary!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    2 years ago

“The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of healthy beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence,” 

Oh, he's my saviour!  He's bringing world peace through Twitter!!!!

Big fucking deal.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8    2 years ago

It is for America

and the coming election!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    2 years ago

It really is no big fucking deal for America or the coming election.  Makes no difference whatsoever to America or the coming election.

Again, Big fucking deal.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    2 years ago

Let me remind you that in 2020 Twitter and all the other social media platforms (except this one) censored the Hunter Biden Laptop story. Many voters later said that would have changed their vote if they had known.

That equaled a big deal in the 2020 election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    2 years ago

No need to remind me of a nothinberder.  There was nothing to it.  

I don't believe you.

Where's the proof?

Who are those 'many voters'?

It didn't equal dick in the 2020 election.

Is that what you're hanging your hat on regarding the 2020 election - the nothingberder Hunter laptop story?  That would have given him the election eh?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    2 years ago

Nothing was censored regarding the alleged Hunter Biden laptop story because there was nothing to censor

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    2 years ago
Where's the proof?

On the laptop?

Here:

After the election they finally admitted it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    2 years ago

So the proof is on the laptop.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    2 years ago

As Adam Schiff would say: "It's in plain sight."

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    2 years ago

"'Again, Big fucking deal."

And yet, it seems to piss you off

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.8    2 years ago

Not pissed off at all.  Y'all got nothing, as usual.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The oil industry may get a new lease on life

But just remember:

FgH1gvcUAAA31pS?format=jpg&name=small

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Four months ago I did a poll seeking the NT members' predictions about the results of the midterms.  21 members voted and the results of the poll were as follows:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate        4

Republicans win majority in both House and Senate    12

Democrats get majority in the House and Republicans get majority in the Senate    1

Republicans get majority in the House and Democrats get majority in the Senate    4

Let's see if the majority of the members are going to be right.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    2 years ago

I recall it vividly.

11 days and counting..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Oh, before I forget:

Elon Musk just FIRED Vijaya Gadde, the woman who made the call to suspend Donald Trump permanently.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago
Elon Musk just FIRED Vijaya Gadde, the woman who made the call to suspend Donald Trump permanently.

She was cruel, why permanently suspend someone just because they wanted to overthrow the US government and told a violent mob at the Capitol , on twitter, to "remember this day forever" ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1    2 years ago

Who knows, he could have come back as what we here call a "rereg!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Illinois Gov. Pritzker defers decision on student COVID-19 vaccine mandate to legislature."

kjI7Drti?format=jpg&name=small

Evidently, it's a hot potato during an election.

Speaking of big, hot potatos...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 years ago

Darren Bailey doesnt have a prayer Vic, dont get your hopes up. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    2 years ago

It doesn't look like he does. Illinois deserves what it gets. The state of the big corrupt democratic machine, which can't pay its lavish pensions, is a disgrace. The city of Chicago now a dirty shell of itself.  The next President should make it impossible to bail Illinois out.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    2 years ago

311578506_665764598237301_552777442171428692_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Snl7aaQkgVkAX9e6Jo2&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD8m_yx5G38sRKGXQ-6Wec7P7TIRgXFjfgXRHWcGd_HoQ&oe=63602A81

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @13    2 years ago

Send that right over to Karine Jean-Pierre.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

George
Junior Expert
13.1.2  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 years ago

There is still hope for her, she is such a terrible liar that you can tell she has a nugget of integrity left. Unlike Psaki who is beyond help.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @13.1.2    2 years ago

Lol, ya that is the difference. One was bad as a liar, the other a pro!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
13.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

George
Junior Expert
13.2  George  replied to  Tessylo @13    2 years ago

Thanks for admitting all the people who promoted Russian collusion without evidence are liars.

Has anyone got a copy of that evidence Adam Schiff promised us? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Election integrity storm brewing in PA: Over 250k ballots sent to voters with unverified ID

0BrcQHE2?format=jpg&name=small

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/brewing-election-integrity-storm-pa-over-250k-ballots-sent-voters?utm_source=sf&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twjs

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    2 years ago

Vic people who are registered to vote can vote, whether by mail or in person. They check the signatures on the ballots to the signatures in the voter registry. It is a totally reliable system. 

And for all we know it is Republicans who want to game the system. Lets investigate every state where a Republican wins by less than 10 points. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    2 years ago
They check the signatures

Who is they and how is the signature checked?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.1    2 years ago

How ballot signatures are verified in Arizona
Voters have to sign the front of the ballot envelope so election officials can check to make sure it came from the correct voter.

PHOENIX — With all this attention on mail-in voting during the 2020 election, you might be wondering how election officials know the ballot turned in is from the right voter.

A big part of verifying this is checking signatures. 

But before we get into that, it is important to note the verification process starts much sooner for those on the permanent early voting list. Voters get a form to confirm their address or change their address a few months before elections.
Okay, back to signatures. 

Voters have to sign the front of the envelope their ballot is in so election officials can check to make sure the ballot came from the correct voter. 

A county recorder or another election official compares the signatures on the envelope with the voter’s signature from their voter registration, according to a spokesperson from the secretary of state’s office. 
For the next layer of protection, the election official should also look at signatures from other documents like early ballot request forms or past voting documents. 

If the signatures match, the county recorder marks the unopened envelope showing that they were satisfied with the signature. 
The envelopes remain unopened until they can be counted. Ballots that do not make it past this step cannot be counted. 
Ballots that aren’t counted are tracked and reported. 

If the signatures do not look to match up, the county recorder will try to contact the voter by phone, text, email or mail. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.2    2 years ago

It is done more or less this way across the whole country. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.2    2 years ago
A county recorder or another election official compares the signatures on the envelope with the voter’s signature from their voter registration, according to a spokesperson from the secretary of state’s office.  For the next layer of protection, the election official should also look at signatures from other documents like early ballot request forms or past voting documents.  If the signatures match, the county recorder marks the unopened envelope showing that they were satisfied with the signature.  The envelopes remain unopened until they can be counted. Ballots that do not make it past this step cannot be counted.  Ballots that aren’t counted are tracked and reported. 

Do you really think that is being done?   

Do you think it is accurate?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Senate GOP report on COVID origin suggests lab leak is "most likely"

FgKU-B2aEAA7nBH?format=jpg&name=small

https:// trib.al/2gTn8qK

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"The departure of former CEO Parag Agrawal is a singular advance for free speech."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FgKaSTzXEAEkl_F?format=jpg&name=small

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
18  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Horrified and disgusted by the reports that Paul Pelosi was assaulted in his and Speaker Pelosi's home last night. Grateful to hear that Paul is on track to make a full recovery and that law enforcement including our stellar Capitol Police are on the case.'.....Mitch McConnell.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Biden:

‘We Went to 54 States in 2018’

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FgTxwBfWYAAi7rl?format=jpg&name=small

Since taking over as anchor of Fox News Sunday, Shannon Bream has increased the show’s ratings with the younger demographic. It is the only Sunday public affairs program that has double-digit percent gains year to year with the 25-54 age demographic.

https:// forbes.com/sites/debbikic kham/2022/10/28/talking-travel-with-fox-news-sunday-anchor-shannon-bream/

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
20.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @20    2 years ago

Bream has a spectacular and diverse CV. I'm happy that her new show is doing so well.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @20.1    2 years ago

She earned it. She filled in wherever Fox needed her.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
21  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Biden threatens oil companies with "higher tax" if they don’t increase production

Fgbh459WAAgRPn2?format=jpg&name=small

https:// trib.al/DmA3bp1

Snuffy
Professor Participates
21.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @21    2 years ago

Woo Hoo!!!!   cuz they need to be paying higher taxes.   Add to that higher tax the very low volume of diesel fuel available in the country to where they are warning that some areas / suppliers could run out of fuel this winter due to the low supply.  They say any interruption won't be long-term, but it could happen.  And what happens when a commodity gets in short supply?  Of course, it's cost goes up.

As both the taxes and any possible higher costs for fuel for delivering such items to stores such as food, etc  are always passed along to the consumer...   what joy...  higher prices just in time for Christmas..   What a gift this Administration keeps giving to the citizens..  I'm really looking forward to it, cuz my food bill hasn't gone up enough...

(just in case anybody misses it (as we have several here on NT who cannot for the life of them recognize it) this entire post is SARCASM.   And any good sarcasm must have an element of truth in it.)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
21.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @21.1    2 years ago

Well done!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
22  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Walker hits back at Obama: "Put my resume against his resume"

FgloeaOXgAAV8g3?format=jpg&name=small

https:// trib.al/Rv5Hhic

Take that Barack!