╌>

Early voting for Georgia Senate runoff shattered records. Why? - ABC News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  92 comments

By:   ABC News

Early voting for Georgia Senate runoff shattered records. Why? - ABC News
Early voting turnout in Georgia's Senate runoff between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker broke daily records three times

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Early turnout in Georgia's fast approaching Senate runoff between Democrat Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker broke daily voting records three times since polls in all 159 counties opened last Monday.

Ahead of the Tuesday runoff, state officials have celebrated the historic feat. Elections experts contextualized those numbers as unusually high because of a voting period that was condensed by lawmakers as part of a larger overhaul of state elections.

"Georgia is a national leader in voter access and security," Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said in a statement last week. "We are having historic levels of turnout and those who want to vote are voting- we believe this level of voter participation is excellent, and we'll keep working with counties to encourage them to open more Early Voting locations in the future."

MORE: Early voting soars in Georgia Senate runoff between Warnock, Walker

On Friday, the last day of early voting for the runoff, 352,953 people cast ballots, according to state elections data -- bringing the total number of early votes, either in person or absentee, to more than 1.8 million.

Friday's total beat out Tuesday's one-day record of 304,683, which was higher than early in-person voting in any other previous election year, according to the secretary of state's office, other than Monday's total of 303,665.

That pace eclipses previous records set by of voters who cast ballots in runoffs in 2018 and 2016, the state data shows.

How a 2021 law changed runoff timeline

A 2021 bill signed by Republican Gov. Brian Kemp shrank the timeframe for early voting in a runoff from a minimum of 17 days to a minimum of five. That was done as part of a sweeping law passed by the state's GOP-controlled legislature to change many aspects of how elections are conducted in Georgia.

Critics argued that some elements of the law amounted to voter suppression. Among those were Stacey Abrams (who unsuccessfully challenged Kemp in 2018 and 2022) and President Joe Biden.

"It remains true that turnout does not dispel voter suppression. Suppression is about barriers to access," Abrams said in October, pointing to Georgia's exacting requirements on voter registration and other measures.

Raffensperger and other Republicans have strongly pushed back on that charge, noting turnout in the state hasn't fallen off. They said the law was about election integrity.

"Abrams and President Biden lied to the people of Georgia and the country for political gain," Raffensperger said last year. "From day one, I said that Georgia's election law balanced security and access, and the facts have proved me right."

More recently, some observers and advocates highlighted long lines at early voting locations -- exacerbated, perhaps, by the level of interest. Gabriel Sterling, a top official in Raffensperger's office, wrote on Twitter that administration decisions like the number of polling places are made by each county.

Even with high levels of engagement, experts told ABC News that this year's totals are unlikely to rival early voting turnout levels from the 2021 Senate runoffs, when early voting was available for several weeks.

"Early in-person voting is popular, and it's relatively new," said University of Georgia political science professor Charles Bullock. "It's compressed into a single week as opposed to being spread over three weeks. So if you're going to do it, you got to move quickly."

Saturday voting a 'game changer'?

Bullock noted a jump in the numbers could also be attributed to a Democrat-led lawsuit that allowed some of the state's largest counties -- who overwhelmingly vote for Democrats -- to open polls last Saturday despite guidance from the secretary of state's office that would have prevented voting within two days of a holiday like Thanksgiving.

Once a judge permitted Saturday voting, those counties took advantage of it while traditionally GOP areas of the state chose not to. State data shows about 70,000 people voted early in person that day and more than three-quarters of the ballots were around Atlanta.

"Some of the Democratic counties got to jump on the Republican counties," Bullock said. "That could have really made the difference. It could be a game changer once we know what the results are."

Georgia Democratic senate candidate U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock prepares to cast his ballot as he early votes, Nov. 27, 2022 in Atlanta.Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Bucking the historical trend, even if some voters stay home

Historically, runoffs in Georgia have seen lower turnout than general elections. But 2021 and now 2022 were different: Two years ago, the amount of runoff votes was about 90% of the general election totals, Bullock said, while during the Senate runoffs in 2008 and 1982 it was about 57% of general election turnout.

Bullock said he expects this year to be less than turnout in 2021 but much higher than other showings.

"In the 2020 runoff election, turnout was more than we had voted in our general election this year -- I think [this cycle] would be somewhere above the 10% drop-off we saw two years ago," he said.

Though the race between Walker and Warnock won't determine control of the Senate, both Republicans and Democrats have cautioned voters not to underestimate the consequences of who holds the seat.

MORE: Early voting kicks off in Georgia's Senate runoff as legal challenges on access mount

Still, the relatively lower stakes compared to last year's runoffs -- which did decide the Senate majority -- could be keeping some from the polls, Bullock said.

"This isn't gonna control the Senate. And there's only one contest on the ballot," he said. "And I think also what basically happens is Republican identifiers who were conflicted about whether to vote for Herschel Walker ... may have overlooked his problems and voted for him because control of the Senate was important. I think those kinds of conflicted voters will simply sit this one out."

Alexander Robinson, a George Washington University student originally from Athens, Georgia, came back to the state over the weekend to canvass for Warnock, he told ABC News. He said that after knocking on countless doors, about half of the voters he spoke to were early voters, most of whom had cast their votes already for the incumbent.

"The fact that early voting numbers have been as high as they've been so far, the fact that there's not another popular Republican on the ticket leads me to believe that our chances are pretty good and I'm reasonably optimistic," he said at a Warnock campaign event on Saturday.

Senate nominee Herschel Walker talks with supporters during a rally, Nov. 21, 2022 in Milton, Georgia.Jessica Mcgowan/Getty Images

The demographic breakdown for the early turnout shows Black Georgians keeping pace with white voters, 31.9-55.1%, about equal to their overall shares of the population, and the most active age groups have been between 55-75 years old. Women have cast more ballots than men, 56-43.8%.

Bullock said that if the percentage of Black voters who turned out in the runoff remains above 30% through Election Day, that would be "pretty good" for Democrats.

"Warnock is gonna get 90% of that vote, maybe more," he said. "The electorate that's going to show up on Election Day is gonna be a much whiter electorate and a more Republican electorate."

Walker's team, meanwhile, made the argument last week that there was "great news" for him too, with hundreds of thousands of more votes from friendly areas of the state still to turn out.

At a Walker campaign event outside Saturday's Southeastern Conference championship game between Georgia and Louisiana State University, Briana Stopp from Canton, Georgia, said her son -- a first-time voter and college student -- had cast his ballot while he was home for Thanksgiving.

He braved a two-hour line to vote for "life and values" by picking Walker, his mom said.

"He texted me, 'Herschel better appreciate this,'" she said with a launch.

Stopp plans to vote on Tuesday: "That's my thing."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Why?

Because:

Jim Crow on steroids.

Jim Crow 2.0.

Attacks on democracy.

Racist laws.

George
Junior Expert
2  George    2 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I think the Democrats are creating votes out of Trump's farts. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

I think that explanation is far more plausible than liberal claims of mythical voter suppression.

Good job!

BTW, how do they do it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

May I ask how you came to such a conclusion?

The thought process involved must be absolutely fascinating.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    2 years ago
May I ask how you came to such a conclusion?

No.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

Can't explain it can you?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago
No.

Okay then, I will just have to assume no thinking or analysis was part of the "thinking process".

Fair enough.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.2    2 years ago
Can't explain it can you?  

Perhaps the inhaling of those Trump farts stymied the brain?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.4    2 years ago

I guess that's an occupational hazard they have.  At the level they've fanboyed Trump I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    2 years ago

You thought processes are too dull for me to handle. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.6    2 years ago
You thought processes are too dull for me to handle. 

And yet even poor old me knows that it was YOUR thought process being asked about.

Look, if you can't come up with a logical answer that led to your rather bizarre theory, it's ok.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Trumpers are not here to think

They're just here to shit and stink

While they're writing on these walls

They roll their shit in little balls

Then they bitch and moan, won't quit

Until they've eaten all their shit

When that is done they throw a fit

Sniff the air and savor it...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.3    2 years ago
Trumpers are not here to think

Is this evidence of liberal anti-Trumper's "thinking"?

Or is it just the gas station bathroom graffiti that spells out liberal "wisdom"?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.1    2 years ago
anti-Trumper's "thinking"

It's tella joke day?  We both know the "anti-Trumpers don't think.  That goes against the hive mentality.  They might have an original thought that would lead them to the actual facts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3.2    2 years ago
They might have an original thought that would lead them to the actual facts

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

There's a meme for THAT!

FemaleUnconsciousAngelwingmussel-max-1mb.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3.2    2 years ago

I'll give you a fact. The fact that a lot of people voted does not disprove there was an attempt to make it harder to vote. 

I know you probably wont understand the point. Thats another fact. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago

yeah, somehow the law was so suppressive that millions of voters are figuring out that their votes weren't suppressed at all!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago

Did you get that from one of Trump's farts?  The fact you provided absolutely nothing to back up your statement tells me right off it's fiction. 

The addition of the personal attack, tells me that you CAN'T back up your claim and are just flapping lips (nothing new there).  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.3.7  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago
"The fact that a lot of people voted does not disprove there was an attempt to make it harder to vote."

That never happened...its never been easier to vote

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3.7    2 years ago
That never happened...its never been easier to vote

I have noticed the people crying 'voter suppression' have never read the law or completely misunderstood what they read.

If they had, they would cease making such ridiculous, false claims.

See what happens when folks foolishly believe Biden and Abrams?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

Looks like, once again, Democrat and liberal claims of voter suppression failed.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    2 years ago
Looks like, once again, Democrat and liberal claims of voter suppression failed.  

Couldn't help but fail with mythical, hysterical claims.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    2 years ago

So what you are saying is that it's just another day that ends in "Y".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.1    2 years ago

Pretty much.

When they start with lies, pretty hard to substantiate them with actual facts.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    2 years ago

That's when the memes show up.  What is it that one blow hard blathers on with - projection, deflection and denial.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    2 years ago

Yes, people will stand in long lines for hours in the freezing cold and pouring rain and the blazing sun when the gop makes voting harder!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago

The blue state of New Hampshire is the hardest state to vote in:

• Requires proof of identity and citizenship to register
  • Absentee voting only for those who are “unable to register in person because of physical disability, religious beliefs, military service or because of temporary absence.
  • Absentee ballots must be delivered in person to the city or town clerk, no ballot drop boxes allowed
  • No early voting except absentee  

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1    2 years ago

You cannot even give water to people in line to vote in Georgia!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 years ago

And how does that ever suppress anyone's vote?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    2 years ago

Making voting harder and lines longer is voter suppression!

Just because it is not working doesn't make it less heinous.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 years ago

Which states allow poll workers to approach voters in line and give them things?

I remember reading the the Dem city machine in NYC and Chicago used to give voters whiskey, do they still do that?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    2 years ago

I think he's trying to say the voters in GA are too stupid to bring water.

That much spin, this is one DIZZY MF.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    2 years ago

That is one of the stupidest posts I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

Using your rather obviously dubious "logic", any state that doesn't offer same day registration, forces people to prove who they are, and doesn't have 24/7 voting for months are all suppressing votes.

To continue with your "logic", New York is pretty suppressive when it comes to voters.

Have you complained even 1/10 about the laws in your state as you have about Georgia's?

I'm betting you haven't even ever looked at the laws in your own state.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.5    2 years ago
I think he's trying to say the voters in GA are too stupid to bring water. That much spin, this is one DIZZY MF.

HIS state is much more suppressive towards voters.

NY has only 10 days of early voting.

NY won't keep polls open 24/7.

NY requires registration (WITH identification) 25 DAYS prior to the election day.

The majority of places in NY don't even open polls until noon!

NY has requirements for voting absentee.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 years ago

That's not true, it's an urban legend.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 years ago

No, but you CAN give it to poll workers and THEY may distribute it for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    2 years ago

Except the law didn't do anything like that, in FACT, it did the opposite.

Get a clue, read the law, get informed. Stop listening to your heroes' lies

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    2 years ago
you CAN give it to poll workers and THEY may distribute it for you.

But then you can't try to influence somebody to vote the way the hive wants them to vote.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago
Yes, people will stand in long lines for hours in the freezing cold and pouring rain and the blazing sun when the gop makes voting harder!

Voter suppression is a myth perpetrated by liberal Democrats and much f the media.

What it isn't based on is anything close to resembling facts and truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago

It is not freezing in Georgia. Nor is it blazing sun since the temperature has not been over 80 degrees.

Bring an umbrella is my advice if snowflakes think they are going to melt because of a little rain.

The myth has been debunked quite thoroughly.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago

Fiction isn't working for you.  Just stick to what you are good with - pointless memes.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.4.1    2 years ago
You should tour the pyramids while yo

You should acquaint yourself with some truth before posting anything else about voter suppression.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.4.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.2    2 years ago

No, the obvious lesson is that attempted voter suppression has backfired in Georgia because it pissed off and motivated people to vote early to insure they were not denied the vote.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.4.3    2 years ago
No, the obvious lesson is that attempted voter suppression has backfired in Georgia because it pissed off and motivated people to vote early to insure they were not denied the vote

Still sticking to your fact-less myth, I see.

Never, ever let facts, reason or logic change your mind!

JBB
Professor Principal
5.4.5  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.4    2 years ago

Sure, and Hershel Walker is winning! Please do keep it up...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.4.5    2 years ago
Sure, and Hershel Walker is winning! Please do keep it up...

I see once again you are having trouble keeping on topic.

Can your bullshit and stay on topic.

George
Junior Expert
5.4.7  George  replied to  JBB @5.4.3    2 years ago

So the fact that there was no voter suppression proved that there was voter suppression.

That is the logic that has led to the last 2 presidents.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.4.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.4.5    2 years ago

Two unqualified candidates but why did you change the subject?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  George @5.4.7    2 years ago
So the fact that there was no voter suppression proved that there was voter suppression.

Liberal logic 101:

Voters were suppressed because of Jim Crow 2.0

Voters turned out in record numbers because their votes were suppressed.

I swear, you just can't even make shit up as funny as that type of logic!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.8    2 years ago
but why did you change the subject?

Because his myth got shot all to hell and back.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.4.3    2 years ago
No, the obvious lesson is that attempted voter suppression has backfired in Georgia

Read what you wrote.

If voter suppression was attempted and failed, that means there was no voter suppression. It could only backfire if there was actual suppression, which of course there isn't.

By the way, the law is still in place, no court has shot it down, so you are starting your myth based on nothing.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.4.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.10    2 years ago
got shot all to hell and back.

Like Denton Baxter in Open Range.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.4.13  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.11    2 years ago

By that dumbass logic attempting murder would not be a crime if it's unsuccessful!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.4.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5.4.13    2 years ago

Attempt was made and therefore that law was broken. 

Apples and lug nuts

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.4.13    2 years ago
By that dumbass logic attempting murder would not be a crime if it's unsuccessful!

Your logic!

LOL!

Why don't you ever, ever bitch about voter suppression in your state?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.4.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.4.13    2 years ago

President Biden said: "What I'm worried about is how un-American this whole initiative is. It's sick. Deciding that you're going to end voting at five o'clock when working people are just getting off work."

The law allows counties to set voting hours anywhere between 7am and 7pm, as was the case previously.

Talk about your dumbass logic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.17  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.16    2 years ago
The law allows counties to set voting hours anywhere between 7am and 7pm, as was the case previously.

And to think that in NY, the majority of polls don't even open until noon!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.18  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.16    2 years ago
President Biden said: "What I'm worried about is how un-American this whole initiative is. It's sick. Deciding that you're going to end voting at five o'clock when working people are just getting off work."

Biden made several moronic comments about this.

Surprised?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.4.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.18    2 years ago

No, the older I get, the less that surprises me.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    2 years ago

Why are people forced into long waits in interminable lines to vote when we can now safely, securely and easily do our taxes and our banking online?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago
Why are people forced into long waits in interminable lines to vote when we can now safely, securely and easily do our taxes and our banking online?

Ever heard of hacking?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    2 years ago

Yes, but safeguards to verify voter's identity are available now. Our votes are already tabulated and transmitted online. A better, easier and more secure system of voting is coming. Get over it...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    2 years ago
Yes, but safeguards to verify voter's identity are available now.

Please tell me you aren't gullible enough to believe that the government and credit card companies and banks didn't have safeguards in place when they were hacked.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    2 years ago

Does Georgia have more days of early voting than New York does?  Why?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.3    2 years ago
Does Georgia have more days of early voting than New York does?  Why?

Because more days of early voting in Georgia is suppression, while in New York less days is somehow magically something different.

Them damn Republicans were trying to suppress votes by offering more days, don't ya know!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

China has stolen online personnel records from the US Office of Personnel Management, Marriott hotels, Anthem and credit card and other information from Equifax plus a great deal of manufacturing data.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.1  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2    2 years ago

Yet, no hackers have yet changed one vote!

If American trust their banks with their money and taxes then they can surely vote online too! I realize it is your worst nightmare as more people would vote because it's easy...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.1    2 years ago
I realize it is your worst nightmare as more people would vote because it's easy...

I do believe we all welcome anyone eligible to vote to do so.

Why wouldn't we?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.2    2 years ago

Why close polling places, cut early voting and voting hours?

Why must people stand in long lines for hours just to vote?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.3    2 years ago
Why close polling places, cut early voting and voting hours? Why must people stand in long lines for hours just to vote?

Why don't you get informed and read what the law says instead of making such ignorant comments?

Early voting was actually expanded in Georgia.

Polls are REQUIRED to be open 9-5 but MAY open 7-7.

The new law also requires counties with any precinct with over 2,000 voters in the last election or one that kept voters waiting for over an hour to vote must create an additional precinct or add more resources to reduce wait times. 

Get the truth, get informed, get a clue!

Read the law instead of listening to Biden and Abrams' lies!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.3    2 years ago

Your post is full of lies.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @6.2.3    2 years ago
"Why must people stand in long lines for hours just to vote?"

There are no long lines. Just another lie.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.7  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.6    2 years ago

Who are we to believe? You or our own lying eyes? The long lines with hours long wait times have been all over on TV and online. Just look at the photo at the top of this page? SMH!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.7    2 years ago

Read the law, get informed, get a clue, stop crying about mythical voter suppression, stop believing the lies told to you by Biden and Abrams.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.9  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.8    2 years ago

I quit believing anything you say long ago. So, there's that...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.9    2 years ago
I quit believing anything you say long ago.

I am well aware of your propensity to believe others but to do little research on your own.

THAT is why I have implored you REPEATEDLY to READ THE LAW, GET INFORMED, GET A CLUE.

Had you ever bothered to do so, you would cease and desist in this futility.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

And my data in the Office of Personnel Management was never hacked, until it was.

I realize it is your worst nightmare as more people would vote because it's easy...

That's just your biases running way with you again.

George
Junior Expert
7.1  George  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7    2 years ago

Why are democrats too lazy to vote? How could it be any easier?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7    2 years ago

Really though, what good reason is there to stop people from voting online, except fear? A good workable system with multiple levels of safeguards and fail-safes could now be developed. Only cranks and incompetents don't feel secure doing their business online anymore. Actually, I believe it could be way more secure than what we have now which is a mish mash of a system nobody can really manage. The way our votes are scanned, counted, tabulated and transmitted by computers now only makes things easier for hackers and cheaters.

George
Junior Expert
7.2.1  George  replied to  JBB @7.2    2 years ago

I’m sure the government will create a website equal to the one they put together to roll out the ACA…..States control elections PERIOD!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.2    2 years ago

How many countries support on-line voting today?  Have any supported it then reversed course?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2.3  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.2.2    2 years ago

Look it up...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.2.3    2 years ago

Ok, I just thought that you might know a little about what you're advocating.  My mistake.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.2.4    2 years ago
My mistake.

I hope you never make that mistake again.

LOL!

George
Junior Expert
7.2.6  George  replied to  JBB @7.2    2 years ago
Really though, what good reason is there to stop people from voting online, except fear?

Why are you trying to suppress the vote? what are you afraid of? Why are you suppressing the African American vote?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  George @7.2.6    2 years ago

You can't really expect that someone who has never read Georgia's law to be able to intelligently comment about it now, can you?

What is really fucking funny is that the exact same things Georgia does is NOT considered voter suppression in liberal states when they do it themselves.

Figure THAT crap out!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

People should actually READ the new Georgia law before casting aspersions on it. Don't be fooled by Biden and Abrams and other leading Democrats outright lies.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8    2 years ago

Because your credibility is better than President Biden's and Stacy Abrams'? We should trust you and not trust them? Get Outta Here!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @8.1    2 years ago
Because your credibility is better than President Biden's

Biden claimed that Georgia closed it's polls at 05:00 PM.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1    2 years ago
Because your credibility is better than President Biden's and Stacy Abrams'? We should trust you and not trust them? Get Outta Here!

No, BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO BE TRUTHFULLY INFORMED ABOUT THE LAW INSTEAD OF TELLING LIES ABOUT IT.

I am not asking you to trust ME.

I am asking you to read, get informed, get a clue, and to stop believing the lies Biden and Abrams sold you on.