╌>

Chicago school at center of Project Veritas hit offers affinity groups for pre-K, says White kids can’t attend

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 years ago  •  24 comments

Chicago school at center of Project Veritas hit offers affinity groups for pre-K, says White kids can’t attend
I had, like, our LGBTQ+ Health Center come in [to the classroom]," Bruno said in the edited video. "They were passing around butt-plugs and dildos to my students – talking about queer sex, using lube versus using spit."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An elite Chicago private school at the center of a new Project Veritas undercover sting video offers affinity groups for children as young as 4 that White students are not permitted to attend, Fox News Digital has learned.

Francis W. Parker School went viral Wednesday after Project Veritas posted a video showing Dean of Students Joseph Bruno speaking to an undercover reporter about LGBTQ sex education at the school.

"I had, like, our LGBTQ+ Health Center come in [to the classroom]," Bruno said in the edited video. "They were passing around butt-plugs and dildos to my students – talking about queer sex, using lube versus using spit."

"They’re just, like, passing around dildos and butt plugs," he continued. "And we had a drag queen come in to pass out cookies and brownies and do photos."

The same school, which charges upwards of $40,000 in tuition, offers "Students of Color Affinity Groups (SOCA)" that meet once a month that are exclusively for   pre-K-12th grade   students of color.

"SOCA is open to all students in grades JK–5th Grade who self-identify as a student of color and who are interested in participating,"   the school’s website states . "While the SOCA groups are only open to students of color, through direct, intentional programming within the curriculum in the Lower and Intermediate Schools, all students have the opportunity to consider their own racial identity and how it plays into their greater sense of self."

"While white identity development is absolutely important to a child’s development, we know there are a number of factors in the racial identity development process of young children of color that can benefit from direct programming in a way that differs from that of white students," it adds.

Nicki Neily, founder and president of Parents Defending Education, slammed the affinity groups as "immoral." 

"Segregating students by race at any age is immoral, but to do so to 4-year-olds — at a school that charges $40,000 per year, no less — boggles the mind," she told Fox News Digital. "Rather than teaching small, innocent children to be kind to all people, authority figures who these and their parents trust are instead teaching students to view all human interaction through the lens of skin color."

"Administrators at Francis Parker should be ashamed of themselves — and families should make their displeasure known so that this programming may end," she added.

When reached by Fox News Digital, the school declined to address the affinity groups and only responded to the controversy surrounding Bruno. In a statement, the school appeared to confirm what Bruno said took place in the classroom and directed its criticism at Project Veritas, which it accused of misrepresenting his words.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

So are we in the "it doesn't happen" phase or the "Of course it happens and its great!" phase?

It seems like we are at a tipping point among progressives. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

Anything that comes from James O'Keefe and Project Veritus is a bald-faced lie.

They have proven themselves, over and over, to be the foulest of propagandists.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  cjcold @1.1    2 years ago
nything that comes from James O'Keefe and Project Veritus is a bald-faced lie.

No one is denying it.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Video here:

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1  Gazoo  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

Society would be much better off without bruno.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Gazoo @2.1    2 years ago

Looks like a pedo

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago
"Students of Color Affinity Groups (SOCA)"

You think white kids should be in that group do ya? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

I’m not a fan of schools engaging in racial segregation, so yes.

are  you going to stand at the schoolhouse door demanding these groups not be defiled by white people?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    2 years ago

I've already explained why your stance is wrong, but carry on. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.2  dennissmith  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Hell Russell, even August golf course, one of the whitest in the  country allowed people of color to become members several years ago.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  dennissmith @3.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  dennissmith @3.2    2 years ago

So you think white kids should be invited into a group called "Students Of Color"?

There is something here that I'm sure goes over your head. "White" people actually have a color. Every human being has a color (with the very tiny exception of those with pigmentation abnormalities) because everyone has melanin in their skin. The amount of melanin determines the skin color, the paler the skin the less melanin and vice versa. 

So, fundamentally we are all "of color", however, by social construction there is "white" (no color) and everyone else. Historically non whites have been judged by whites to be inferior. It is a belief going back a few hundred years. 

That is why the existence of "Student Of Color" only groups shouldnt bother anyone. 

Why does it bother you? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.1    2 years ago

Fuck off. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    2 years ago

What's wrong?  Don't like your racist shit called out like that?  Are those not your statements?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.4    2 years ago

Are you my stalker? lol. 

Your comments are like when you step in something and you cant get it off the bottom of your shoe. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.5    2 years ago
Are you my stalker?

Nope.  Just calling out ignorance, stupidity and racism.  You just happen to spout all 3 off pretty regurlarly.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.6    2 years ago

I eagerly await the day when you can say something beyond one sentence nonsense. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.2.8  dennissmith  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    2 years ago

Your comment makes no sense.

Students of color, by your own definition, should allow white skinned kids to be included in the  group if they want to be. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  dennissmith @3.2    2 years ago
Hell Russell, even August golf course, one of the whitest in the country allowed people of color to become members several years ago.

Well first of all that happened in 1982.

And in doing so with a smile and a smirk, Hord Hardin, CEO of the Augusta Golf Club

changed the 50 year old policy of making the pros use local caddies, mostly black, experts on

the course while he openly shopped for black golfers to honor with an honorary membership.

The last time I attended the Masters in the 80's I was stunned to find a well known caddy

working as a gloved bathroom attendant. (They all had great nick names)

When I asked what happened, he wryly responded "progress and equality happened".  

It wasn't until 1990 that Ron Townsend, head of Viacom,

was allowed to join as a paying member.  Rumor has it that there are now nine black

paying members of Augusta National but the place is still surrounded in secrecy.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    2 years ago

I thought 'private' schools could do whatever they wanted ....

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
4.1  dennissmith  replied to  Ender @4    2 years ago

Not true, racism is racism no matter how you try to spin it.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @4    2 years ago
I thought 'private' schools could do whatever they wanted ....

A lot of people think that. There are many types of private schools and all must meet (or exceed) state and local curriculum standards if they want to maintain accreditation and government funding.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Is a programmed identity the same as a true identity?  Seems like this is just another form of eugenics.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago

Well, as far as the sex toy stuff goes, that was an optional event for high schoolers, so that doesn't seem that scandalous.

The SOCA thing is also, according to the school's website, a thing students can choose to do or not, though it is closed to whites. It doesn't sound like a program I would be super enthusiastic about, but it's a private school, and they can do whatever programs they want.