╌>

El Paso declares state of emergency as US-Mexico border crossings surge: 'Not safe'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  121 comments

By:   Lawrence Richard (Fox News)

El Paso declares state of emergency as US-Mexico border crossings surge: 'Not safe'
The mayor of El Paso, Texas has declared a state of emergency amid a flux of migrants across the U.S.-Mexico border and ahead of an expected surge when Title 42 expires next week.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Officials in the City of El Paso, Texas have declared a state of emergency as border crossings have overwhelmed law enforcement personnel.

Mayor Oscar Leeser announced the state of emergency during a press conference Saturday, saying he could no longer keep residents safe.

"I said from the beginning that I would call it when I felt that either our asylum seekers or community were not safe," Leeser said, according to KFOX14.

• next Image 1 of 2

Border Patrol agents detain a group of migrants near the border wall, after they entered the United States from Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua state, Mexico, border with El Paso, Texas, US, on February 3, 2022. (HERIKA MARTINEZ/AFP via Getty Images)

• prev Image 2 of 2

Migrants wait to get into a U.S. government bus after crossing the border from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to El Paso, Texas, Monday, Dec. 12, 2022. (AP Photo/Christian Chavez, File)

El Paso, a town located along the U.S.-Mexico border, continues to witness an influx of migrants into its community. It is also expecting a surge of migrants when Title 42, a Trump-era immigration policy that reduced the number of asylum seekers the U.S. would allow under the COVID pandemic, expires on Dec. 21.

"That's not the way we want to treat people and by calling a state of an emergency it gives us the ability today to be able to do what we couldn't do until we called it," Leeser added.

With the emergency declaration, Leeser is requesting additional resources and support from the state.

Video

The request includes asking for support in staffing for feeding and housing migrants, resources to transport the migrants into other cities, and additional law enforcement personnel to help ensure the safety of residents and the migrants.

"We know the influx on Wednesday [December 21] will be incredible it will be huge. On Wednesday our numbers will go from 2,500 to 4,000, 5,000, maybe 6,000," the mayor said.

In recent weeks, Leeser and El Paso County Judge Ricardo Samaniego said they did not see a need to declare a state of emergency.

• next Image 1 of 3

Central American migrants in a caravan to the US, in the state of Guanajuato on November 11, 2018. (ALFREDO ESTRELLA/AFP via Getty Images)

• prev next Image 2 of 3

A plaque marks the U.S. border on the Paso Del Norte Port of Entry bridge which connects the U.S. and Mexico on July 23, 2018 in El Paso, Texas. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

• prev Image 3 of 3

Members of the US Border Patrol keep watch as Pope Francis holds a mass across the border in Mexico and also watched by US Catholics in El Paso, Texas on February 17, 2016. (MARK RALSTON/AFP via Getty Images)

The officials also did not want to concede control of city facilities to Gov. Greg Abbott, who later assured them that he would only take action after speaking with the mayor's office.

"He said 'Mayor I'm going to tell you something we will never do anything without talking to you first and we won't impose anything without talking to you first," Leeser said.

President Joe Biden has chosen not to continue the Title 42 rules and courts have allowed them to expire. Nineteen Republican states, including Texas, have sued to keep the rules in place.

The city council will have a change to ratify the declaration, which will remain in effect for seven days.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The border is at the breaking point. It is one of the nation's great problems under Joe Biden. In a few days that problem will exacerbate. The msm has pretty much ignored this story. El Paso is Texas fifth largest city and local officials have declared a state of emergency. In the meantime, the White House "press secretary" has given another one of her idiotic non-answers, saying that the president has "done the work."

"The El Paso Sector of the southern border has seen a massive 255% increase in migrant encounters since October 1, just as images show streams of migrants hitting the border, ahead of the expiration of the  Title 42 public health order  in less that a week.

The El Paso Sector is averaging over 2,000 illegal crossings a day and has seen a 255% increase in encounters this fiscal year to date, compared with last fiscal year. There were more than 2.3 million migrant encounters in a historic FY 2022, and already FY 2023 is on track to outpace that number border-wide."

Where are we?  We have the Minnesota Vikings to think about!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Why are you pointing fingers in the other direction.  What happened to "day one, I will get build a wall with a big beautiful door' promised by "Jumping the shark" Trump? The article image seems to show the wall ending where the people are gathered!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1    2 years ago
What happened to "day one, I will get build a wall with a big beautiful door'

The Speaker of the House vowed "not one dollar for a wall!" Remember?

However Donald Trump did institute a very effective "Remain in Mexico Policy"  and Title 42.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago
The Speaker of the House vowed "not one dollar for a wall!" Remember?

That is just a touch of the "compromise" that the poster is always calling for. Funny, even in his "The article image seems to show the wall ending where the people are gathered!" post, he is basically admitting that the wall can be effective, otherwise, why bother to go all the way around it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    2 years ago

Even democrats in Arizona know that it can be effective. The wall became a symbol for the resistance.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Promising a wall on "day One" of his presidency, Donald Trump, did not deliver. It was his responsibility to get the democratic party House to go along through compromise. It did not happen, because Trump further divided the politicians in D.C. And, apparently, the "Remain in Mexico Policy" is falling now, because its substance, that is, it's reason to be as a health deterrence policy, is not a stand-alone border policy. That is, Title 42 time mimicking a border wall is about to end!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    2 years ago

Nice dodge. But, why scale the 'wall' when you don't have to climb it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.5    2 years ago

Dodge????

Get real, dude!

lmao

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.4    2 years ago

Democrats hated Trump. There was no chance for the wall, but as I said Trump did institute some very effective border policies.

Policies that Biden trashed.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  CB @1.1    2 years ago

Democrats fucked that up by not funding it.

Democrats have further fucked up the border by not enforcing it, or our immigration laws, in any way shape or form.

"Let them all in" is not an immigration policy.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    2 years ago

?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-QebCVjyoWVk%2FUAVztboEV9I%2FAAAAAAAACGA%2FVr-DklVz44Q%2Fs1600%2Flmao1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=01880ac9139bf5ec09538d0db3e6769ddea7f127cbe378906eb7d3ef7dfaca72&ipo=images

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago

So you gave Trump a pass on the border wall completion out of the goodness of MAGAN hearts. But choose to blame democrats for a lack of compromise and resolution. It's selective outrage. Biden is not a republican or conservative, so you are mistaken to expect he will conduct his presidency as either.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.10    2 years ago
So you gave Trump a pass

Why would he need a pass?  He even took Defense dollars to build wall, trying to get around congress.

But choose to blame democrats for a lack of compromise and resolution. 

I am rightfully blaming the democrats who would not spend anything on a wall and I am rightfully blaming Joe Biden and his handlers for dismantling what Trump did and blatantly opening the southern border.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.12  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    2 years ago

Trump PROMISED a wall with a 'beautiful' door. Trump did not deliver it. But MAGAns choose to blame democrats for a lack of compromise and resolution. It's selective outrage. Biden is not a republican or conservative, so you are mistaken to expect he will conduct his presidency as either.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.8    2 years ago
Democrats fucked that up by not funding it.

I'm sorry, but during Trump's first 2 years, which party was in charge of the Senate?

Which party was in charge of the House for those 1st 2 years?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.1.12    2 years ago
Biden is not a republican or conservative, so you are mistaken to expect he will conduct his presidency as either.

Thanks for the insight, CB.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    2 years ago

[]

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.17  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @1.1.4    2 years ago
Promising a wall on "day One" of his presidency, Donald Trump, did not deliver. It was his responsibility to get the democratic party House to go along through compromise.

Trump didn't need the Dems. Trump was torpedoed by the Republicans. After all, they had both the House and the Senate when Trump took office. The wall could have been built if that is what the Republicans really wanted. Apparently, it wasn't. This is a major reason I don't trust the Republicans. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.17    2 years ago

There weren’t 60 republican senators. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.19  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.18    2 years ago

Which returns the situation to a need for compromise, not one side take 'all.'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.19    2 years ago
Which returns the situation to a need for compromise

Okay, what compromises are liberal, progressive Democrats willing to make regarding securing the border?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.21  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    2 years ago

Why ask me? I am not connected to the congress in any significant way. So what compromises are MAGAns prepared to make with democrats in congress (if you know)?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.1.21    2 years ago
Why ask me? I am not connected to the congress in any significant way.

Are you connected to the congress in any insignificant way?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.23  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.22    2 years ago

[removed]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.21    2 years ago
[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.25  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    2 years ago

Considering that many liberal progressive Democrats have been  shown to not really give rat's behind about our border crisis, the answer to that is pretty much a big fat ZERO!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    2 years ago

It's always a crisis at the border when a Democrat is President, according to the gqp

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.21    2 years ago
Why ask me?

It is called being part of the discussion. I thought that maybe you had a possible solution to at least propose after all the thought you have given the topic.

I see and admit my mistake now.

I'll just file this with all the other unanswered questions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.26    2 years ago
It's always a crisis at the border when a Democrat is President, according to the gqp

One would necessarily be blind and missed the news for the last year at least to not acknowledge that there is a crisis on the border.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.28    2 years ago

The proverbial three monkeys come to mind here.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.30  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    2 years ago

You can file it anywhere you want. And, you thought no such thing. After all, I have been 'sending' the immigration crisis and 'problem' to congress throughout this discussion! But, some MAGAns are not here for discussion. Enjoy the holiday (pay).

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.30    2 years ago
You can file it anywhere you want.

Thank you.

I find the circular file most appropriate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

At least this mayor had a REAL state of emergency, not just a few hundred aliens coming to his city.  If some of the Democratic mayors of sanctuary cities had to actually deal with the REAL problems at the border, they would shit their pants.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    2 years ago

Don't worry about "shit in anybody's pants" MAGAns. The REAL state of emergency is called to aid not hinder asylum seekers. It is not done to threaten or penalize any seekers!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.1    2 years ago

wah wah wah. your "kumbaya" comments are laid to waste by your pathetic name calling.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  CB @1.2.1    2 years ago

Wouldn't be so many damn "asylum seekers" if Brandon and the fucking Democrats would enforce our borders; and immigration laws.

Also, you are not counting those that don't turn themselves in to border security. Those that are seen and get away; and those that are never seen. The gang members, drug runners, and terrorists.

May they all end up in Democrat bastion of stupidity sanctuary cities.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    2 years ago

What would MAGA supporters like to be called? Because we should identify MAGA supporters as something other than conventional conservatives, RINOs or CINOs. What is an appropriate and acceptable term or phrase?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.5  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.3    2 years ago

Maybe. But how can you be sure of any of your innuendo on this?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.4    2 years ago

I guess Republicans is out of the question for you.

It is funny how you talk about cooperation an bipartisanship out of one side of your mouth while obsessing about Trump and calling the very people you want to cooperate names out of the other.

Is it safe to say you don't want America to be great again?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.7  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.6    2 years ago

MAGAns can not be simply republicans, afterall, MAGAns have sent run of the mill conservatives out of the 'club-house,' yes? Just ask former RNC Chair Michael Steele: Sent packing!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.7    2 years ago
MAGAns can not be simply republicans, afterall,

Because YOU say so?!

Surely you jest.

Is it safe to assume that your refusal to answer my question means you don't want America to be great again?

Such a simple question for you to so steadfastly refuse to answer.

Par for the course--of course!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    2 years ago

And they did.  Remember what happened in Martha's Vineyard.  Denver is now currently scrambling to the crapper as well.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.9    2 years ago

well denver could always tap into some of that legal weed tax money ... as could california 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.11  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.7    2 years ago

Just looked up Steeles "resume ".  at first glance , not bad , but not good in my view either .

he won a state race, Lt gov of maryland  , then won a party national race to become chair after losing a senate run . and i find out it was Steele , and not palin that coined the term drill ,baby, drill.

from what i read about his second run for RNC chair , he didnt have the support or the votes  so HE withdrew , not sent packing  he saw he wasnt going to win so HE quit . 

you think he would be on the side you like on the immigration issue?  well he is quoted on wiki as stating about immigration , "Secure the border first " something dems said they would do back in the 80s  to get amnesty , they still HAVENT filled that obligation they made .   

i will as far as i am concerned until that 40 year old obligation for what they got is filled , ,gladly continue to vote for candidates  that wont capitualte and demand that dems live up to the obligation they made in the 80s to secure ( and control) the border. til then , fuck off.

thats what you mean when you say "compromise ". you mean capitulate and give you what you demand  your way or the highway .

Seems to me that they are Wimpy from the old popeye cartoon , gladly paying tuesday for a hamburger today , meaning as long as they get what they want they dont have to pay , and it also seems like wimpy , for dems they think tuesday never comes .

[Deleted] in what passes for democrat /progressive bastions are having their apple carts upset because  they cant provide what they have promised and had no real right to promise , and expect other to go along or help , to fucking bad . take a big bite of the feast you made for yourselves .

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.12  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.11    2 years ago

What the "H" are you talking about? Michael Steele, former chair of the RNC was sent 'packin' in 2020 when he left the republican party and became a "never Trumper" - as to why you have to try to trash the man over his career in the RNC goes beyond my comment and just points out how far a MAGAn will go to oppose any one who gets in the way of the "game" -y'all play.

You often put on this 'show' for us about not being a MAGA republican (MAGAn) and then you show up writing about sides this and sides that while insisting no one but you can be moderately fair to both sides. An. . . untruth. . . if ever there were one!

And why should "dems" do a damn thing for republicans while they sit on their damn hands and fingers, talking loud but saying nothing, and getting Mark-Wyoming blessings for doing so? "H" no! Democrats and voters don't owe MAGAn's 'hit. Not now. Not ever.

If MAGAns want to run the country, then y'all know what you have to do. . . win elections and put democrats 'out to pasture' once and for all! Otherwise, compromise is the only way to fix the brokenness that is US!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.12    2 years ago
why you have to try to trash the man over his career in the RNC goes beyond my comment and just points out how far a MAGAn

Truth about the man hurts huh? he was just an insignificant "bump " in the road for a very short time .

well im not republican , nor democrat  its not a show, its who i am , just like your an old gay black man who is a"progressive " social justice warrior who wears a victim card tattooed to his forehead  , its who YOU are. you just dont like you cant make me your slave  and do as you want  or make me go along with how you think things should be done , least im honest when i say im not doing that .

dems dont HAVE to do a damn thing  they dont even have to honor agreements or live up to obligations they take, it will cost THEM too much out of their own pockets  , and in the same respect its not for republican, independants , conservatives or moderates to bail the [Deleted] out when they fail to honor obligations or heaven forbid , let their alligator mouths overload their hummingbird asses  with bullshit ideas .

yeah win elections and put the [Deleted][]] out to pasture ,just have to win enough to make sure not only the reps cant do anything but neither can the [[][Deleted,] i already told you the compromise , honor a 40 year old agreement and obligation of secure and control the border first , til then fuck off asking or demanding anything else  after that , then compromise can be talked about and negotiated .

You dont need my fucking blessings , but we dont need yours either, stalemate, so fuck off again   , so there is that  I am content to sit back and watch like watching a couple squirrels fight over a couple stashes of nuts , one steals from the other while the other steals from the first .

I wont go for the type of "compromise " you want , and until dems /progressives [/Deleted] can  show they live up to bargains made and can be trusted they have been pissing that trust thing away most of my adult life  ........i suggest a long walk to cool off , and make it on a very short pier .

[Deleted]  so i say , good night  and fare thee well..

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.14  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.13    2 years ago

Truth about the man hurts? Are you kidding? Michael Steele is a republican/conservative. In that one regard alone nothing about him hurts me. I 'straightened' out my concise reason for dropping Steele into discussion. And you decide to continue on with ranting about social justice. Well, Mark, if social justice can't be had in this country then nothing can exist here but chaos. The very fact that we co-exist in any community system at all means we're being social. Although, there are obviously plenty sociopaths in our country and on social media!

As for the rest of your cruel, sad, and otherwise unremarkable comment, I don't need a 'man' in my life and if I did it would not be some out of touch and circulation group of old tired-ass conservative men.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.14    2 years ago
Well, Mark, if social justice can't be had in this country then nothing can exist here but chaos.

and im sure your willing to provide all that , if you cant have it no one can , burn it all down right ? How BLM of you ....

Care to show us on the doll where it hurts ?

least in that post you semi correctly identified me as a conservative and not a maga follower 

my being conservative , moderate or liberal depends on the issue .

who would have thunk a [Deleted] could learn?

just remember , YOU opened with the personal attacks , i simply go with the flow .

FUCK OFF

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.16  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.15    2 years ago
FUCK OFF

You first! And with that, I will leave you to your "zippers" and whatever you intend to do with each one of them. Good riddance.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.17  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.16    2 years ago

you'ld enjoy it too much .

will leave you to your "zippers" and whatever you intend to do with each one of them. Good riddance\

nice addition AFTER I already commented 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.18  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.17    2 years ago

Really. You know what I enjoy and you plan to make an offer of it? No thanks, I don't want 'none.'

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.19  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.18    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif YOU opened that door ....

at your age( IF what you have said in the past is true about your age , i wont ask its not polite  ) you would enjoy getting any ....

in the same respect ? at my age ? i am in the same boat  sorta , i just wont lower my standards to get some  , or so im told ....why do you think i turned YOU down ? other than the fact im not gay ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.2.1    2 years ago

We are not the ones always shitting our pants here, it is the gqp as usual

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.21  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.19    2 years ago

Mark, remember "jumping the shark" . . . ? How MUCH deeper do you 'want' to go with this? I am celibate and even were I not, I can not remember a day in my life doing 'old conservative.' I have standards too. I thought you knew.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.22  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.21    2 years ago

yeah i remember the term "jumping the shark" , and from long before it was discussed here .  take something lagging or failing appeal that was once popular and attempt to make it relevent and popular again by making some stunt to bring it back into the spot light ... hell i even watched that happy days episode when it FIRST aired that inspired the term .

isnt that what YOU just did after a 12-20 hr hiatus ? isnt that what all the left is doing when it comes to trump keeping him in the news ? one big stunt to garner attention?? because frankly  dont see many from the right actually taking him very serious or think he is important politically, now some of the issues he brings up for discussion because of what he says or does or has done  well those can get deep.

speaking of "deep".. how deep are you going to keep going? you usually use the shoveling emoji when you think people are digging their own hole , i just cant find the one with alittle guy in a komatsu excavator  throwing what looks like shit  for the hole you keep digging ..

we can pretty much guess your standards from your statements . most of those standards usually come from the lower class of the ghetto .

Oh BTW , glad to see you came through the earthquake in the bay area .. i wont be wasting any more of my time with or on you , your not worth it .

have a good existance  what you have left of it .

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.23  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.22    2 years ago

Howdy ho to you too, Mark in Wyoming.  And it's good new as I did'nt feel any earthquake, but. . . thanks. As for "Jumping the shark" Trump he is aglow and topical as usual. And since you don't have time to waste. . . .

We can pretty much guess your standards from your statements . most of those standards usually come from the lower class of the ghetto .

Is that a guess? Or, is it an attitude? [Deleted] Whatever standard I live by, it decidedly won't include 'old conservative,' at least none you know. Bet!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.24  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.23    2 years ago
I presume someone ingratiated to MAGA politics would think a black man is 'ghetto'

now if i WERE basing it on race i would have said  lower class of the "projects", you there have been many ghettos throughout history where the residents simply didnt make money or couldnt afford anything else  and where comprised of ANY race , the difference with ghetto and the projects , the people in the ghetto at least tried to make their situations better , where as the projects ... not so much . 

oh and you still havent proven ( only accused ) me of being MAGA( something i notice you have a habit of doing when someone disagrees with you or wont aquiesse to your demands  , [Deleted] you can try and say i have to prove im not but then we have the problem of you cant prove a negative .

you should keep this in mind though . if we both live to be the same age . and die at a specific age( say 80) , i will still get the last word , since i am a number of years younger than you .

and the last words will still be 

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.25  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.24    2 years ago

Talking about blacks and ghettos is sufficient enough, Mark in Wyoming. If you feel you must explain the differences unsolicitated you might owe us an explanation for how you know this. Let it go. Zipperheads are waiting for you and a shared experience.

This 'one' didn't toss, as homosexuals are not REQUIRED to do the same thing or things to each other or others. But had I tossed-what's it to you?! Do/did you toss?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.26  1stwarrior  replied to  CB @1.2.25    2 years ago

Why don't you learn how to stick to the topic of any thread/seed you start to ramble on?

You started this derail and I think now you need to stop it.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.27  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.25    2 years ago

well i could see how you took the term "Ghetto", so yes there seemed to be a need even unasked to explain how i had used it . and i was correct in assuming you took it racially , but of course you would because usually with you if its not race its sex  or gender identity  if its not that its amix of all 3  [Deleted]

As for  how i know all this ? i promise that i will have a full disclosure in class tomorrow  i should mind you i am using the dem/prog  method of filling obligations and promises , the zipperheads seem to be ok with it since its worked for them so long .

another bonus to that method? [Deleted] ill tell you tomorrow ( using dem method ) (ZZZIIIIIIPPP)

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.28  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.27    2 years ago

Know all 'this' what? You're going to prove I live or don't live in a ghetto? You're going to prove I do or don't 'toss'? You're going to produce 'oppo' research on me? And I should do what be 'scared'?  You've got your people mixed up, Mark in Wyoming, because I ain't running for office!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.29  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.26    2 years ago
1.2.11  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @1.2.7    23 hours ago

Just looked up Steeles "resume ".  at first glance , not bad , but not good in my view either .

he won a state race, Lt gov of maryland  , then won a party national race to become chair after losing a senate run . and i find out it was Steele , and not palin that coined the term drill ,baby, drill.

from what i read about his second run for RNC chair , he didnt have the support or the votes  so HE withdrew , not sent packing  he saw he wasnt going to win so HE quit . 

you think he would be on the side you like on the immigration issue?  well he is quoted on wiki as stating about immigration , "Secure the border first " something dems said they would do back in the 80s  to get amnesty , they still HAVENT filled that obligation they made .   

i will as far as i am concerned until that 40 year old obligation for what they got is filled , ,gladly continue to vote for candidates  that wont capitualte and demand that dems live up to the obligation they made in the 80s to secure ( and control) the border. til then , fuck off.

thats what you mean when you say "compromise ". you mean capitulate and give you what you demand  your way or the highway .

Seems to me that they are Wimpy from the old popeye cartoon , gladly paying tuesday for a hamburger today , meaning as long as they get what they want they dont have to pay , and it also seems like wimpy , for dems they think tuesday never comes .

so if the Zipper heads that elected the zipper weasels in what passes for democrat /progressive bastions are having their apple carts upset because  they cant provide what they have promised and had no real right to promise , and expect other to go along or help , to fucking bad . take a big bite of the feast you made for yourselves .

Like 3

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.30  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.27    2 years ago

( he DOES have a lot of questions ... this presentation may take some time , i have to write all this down on the syllybus  to be sure i dont miss anything , thankfully im using the dem/prog method of living up to the obligation )

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.31  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.30    2 years ago

Will it be cathartic?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.32  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.24    2 years ago

English-Grammar-Lessons.com Your trusted English language resource

Zipperhead – Meaning, Origin and Usage

Did a 70-year-old man just call you a “ zipperhead ”? What does it mean? IS it some sort of sexual innuendo? This post unpacks the meaning and origin of this expression.

Meaning

The term “ zipperhead ” is a derogatory racial slur against someone of Asian descent. Specifically, it refers to Korean and Vietnamese people. During the Korean and Vietnamese wars, American soldiers developed a range of racial slurs describing their enemy.

While these phrases and slurs were acceptable at the time, they are no longer tolerated in modern society. Society now values tolerance and freedom more than prejudice. Using the term “ zipperhead ” in the United States or Canada may land you with hate speech charges filed against you.

If you’re found guilty of hate speech, it’s possible for the court to sentence you to jail time. Therefore, using the language on social media platforms like Twitter could land you in a lot of trouble with people.

If you hear people using “ zipperhead ” when they are yelling at Asian people, they are racists, and you should walk away from them and call the police. Don’t engage hateful people as it may land you in trouble.

Example Usage

“Did you hear Clint Eastwood in that movie where he was a grumpy old man? He used so many racial slurs in the film that I’m surprised people sided with him as the hero. He was a terrible human being.”

“Did you know those racist American soldiers would refer to Vietnamese people as ‘zipperheads?’ You won’t believe me if I told you why.”

“Vietnam was a shameful period in American history. The government so many young Americans to die at the hands of those gooks and zipperheads.”

“A zipperhead almost took out Frank and me at the last base. We turned the tables on him and ran over him with the jeep.”

“There is no reason for anyone to ever refer to a Vietnamese person as a ‘zipperhead’ again. The war is over, and society moved on from hate.”

“The only good zipperhead is a dead one. When we were in the war, the gooks would try and kill us every night. If we didn’t keep watch 24/7, we would never have made it through the night.”

Zipperhead.jpg   Zipperhead2.jpg

Origin

The expression “zipperhead” originates from the Vietnamese and Korean wars of the 60s and 70s. There are several supposed origins of this racial slur, and both of them are nothing short of horrific.

The first is that American soldiers would aim for the forehead, and the machine-gun fire would elevate the rifle barrel as they fired, resulting in a zipper-like opening of the forehead.

The second origin comes from Vietnamese and Korean soldiers on the frontlines that would be run over by American troops in jeeps. The tire pattern imprinted on the soldier would lead to the creation of the term because it looked like a zipper pattern.

Phrases Similar to Zipperhead

• Other racial slurs towards Asian people.

Phrases Opposite to Zipperhead

• Vietnamese person.

What is the Correct Saying?

• Zipperhead.

Ways People May Say Zipperhead Incorrectly

Some people may think it’s acceptable to use a racist slur like “zipperhead” in modern society. However, racism is unacceptable in any form towards any race. If you hear someone use the term against someone else, it means that they are emotionally unstable and hateful human beings.

Acceptable Ways to Phrase Zipperhead

The phrase “zipperhead” is a racist slur against Asian people. Therefore it is not suitable for use in any conversation, ever. If you’re using “zipperhead” in reference to someone from Vietnam, you’re telling them that you would crush their skull with a jeep tire as you ran over them.

It’s a very hateful moniker and should remain in the past rather than have a place in the future. So, using it in conversation is a no-go. If you use “zipperhead” in comments online, you could face charges for hate speech crimes.

Copyright ©2022 English-Grammar-Lessons.com  |  Privacy  |  Contact

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.33  CB  replied to  JBB @1.2.32    2 years ago

I did not know this about the term, thank you for helping me understand it.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.34  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @1.2.32    2 years ago

guess its a good thing im not 70 years old  and wasnt in any asian conflicts 

that being said a zipperhead means one whose mind is so open it constantly falls out and needs replace , usually daily , by some controlling figure usually in the media ) , that facilitates the appearance that due to daily changing of views and stances , a zipper needs to be installed . so fresh BUL:LSHIT can be shoveled in  to be spread out , in other words old fashioned shit spreaders as farmers know them . ( i knew i could count on JBB, my canary in the coal mine sort of ,  whenever he starts touting how good the governments doing or some other thing its usually a sign that something bad is about to happen to the biden admin . that or he simply want to troll and distract . dealers choice i guess.)

people can take things any way they want , your choice to take things racially derogatory , my choice to laugh my ass off at you and make you think someone stuck a kick me sign on your back .

JBB, you can fuck off too. better yet why dont the east and west coast boys meet in the middle say liberal kansas , and fuck off together? i total fuckfest .

yeah thats the ticket.

(ZIP)ity doo dah ....(ZIP) ity  aaaa....

remind yall of disneys songs of the south ?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.35  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.34    2 years ago

Sure, that's the ticket! And, the N-Word is a perfectly acceptable term of endearment used by plantation owners for their faithful bonded servants of African descent...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.36  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @1.2.35    2 years ago

tell ya what hense forth i wont use that"offensive " word ok , since you studiously looked it up and have shown its racial connetations  .

now since folks can  make UP word combinations oh like turning maga into magat( maggot?) , or magan i will be doing likewise to for the some that have the tendency to show they are shall we say crainially challenge with empty nest syndrome ... ahhh have it , zipper brains . ya brain done went on vacation without you and your left to your own pitiful devices 

hope that works for all the zippies out there  ttfn( i of course  dont mean that under the  coarse racial slur deffinition , but in the manner of ya brains on vacation definition) (ZIP>>>>>>)

yeah now dats da ticket... speaking of which i just made a record on violation tickets a total of 5 , most i have ever got here .... added up though  they only came to a 43.5 %.....

SOOOOO...

WOOOOOAH, not even half way there ...

WOOAH OOOO ZIPPIN  on a prayer....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.37  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @1.2.35    2 years ago

And, the N-Word is a perfectly acceptable term.

it is if your black , black people still use that term for each other , that hasnt changed a thing.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.38  CB  replied to  JBB @1.2.32    2 years ago

JBB, right after this posting, this article's formatting has changed (no CSS?) or it reverted back to detached indented comments. You 'broke' something!  (Just kidding, but my page is displaying differently and its a tad disconcerting. It's happening on this article alone; at and below this comment.) I wonder if its just on my 'end'?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.39  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.2.32    2 years ago

Questionable source

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.40  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.2.38    2 years ago

Good question.

What's going on?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.41  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.40    2 years ago

The page formatting reverted to and old format design after 1.2.32 was added.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.42  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.2.41    2 years ago

Ok. That explains it.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.43  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.42    2 years ago

It's fixed! The powers that be 'heard' and reacted. Five stars!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.44  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.2.43    2 years ago

You do have influence here!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.45  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.44    2 years ago

HANo more than you and others, Vic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.46  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.36    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.47  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.14    2 years ago
Are you kidding? Michael Steele is a republican/conservative.

Can you possibly pick ONE story and try to stick to it?

Earlier, you wrote this:

Michael Steele, former chair of the RNC was sent 'packin' in 2020 when he left the republican party and became a "never Trumper"

One of your statements can not be true if the other one is, so which statement do you want us to believe here? 

Be consistent and tell the truth and your own words won't come back to bite you!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.48  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.47    2 years ago

Steele is a republican in exile (like so many nowadays). But as is your norm, you look for something to 'bitch and moan' about against liberals, as the day is long! Steele may even recommit himself formally to the republican party now that Trump is fading out (finally).

Merry Christmas, now how can I go wrong with the sentiment? You'll show me, I betcha

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.49  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.48    2 years ago

it isn't my problem your posts are contradictory.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.50  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.49    2 years ago

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.51  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.2.50    2 years ago

You always do a great job with your clarifications.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.52  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.50    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.53  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.50    2 years ago

not sure what that has to do with my post. care to translate?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

You mean that same Southern border our not so esteemed Vice President Kamala Harris and others brazenly claims is so secure?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    2 years ago

The denials are wearing thin especially when democrats like Gavin Newsom are starting to complain.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    2 years ago

They can't even tell us what "work" Harris is doing on securing the border.

White House unable to describe what Kamala Harris is doing on immigration

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.2    2 years ago

Oh, refer all questions about the vice president's work to her office.

I see.

And of course, there is nobody there.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.3    2 years ago

But they met their diversity and inclusion quota's.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.4    2 years ago

That's all that counts according to professor Derrick Bell.

Where is his biggest fan?

Haven't seen her in months.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.3    2 years ago

Probably because most of her staff cannot stand her and have quit!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Seems that there are consequences for being the most wonderful country in the world, peace-loving, full of opportunity, the ultimate image of democracy, where everyone is safe and healthy, the personification of utopia, a virtual magnet.  Maybe the solution would be to make America a less desireable destination.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, there is another solution. We could simply return to the immigration policies of Donald Trump.

If they know they can't walk in, they most likely won't try.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

You mean build the wall?  Then who's going to pick the fruit?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.2  charger 383  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    2 years ago

Do you think they are going to work when they can get Biden's handouts?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    2 years ago

How 'bout them lazy "I ain't gonna do that kinda work" living off the welfare rolls?

OMG - did I say "work"????

Seems like there are plenty of those "too good" to actually have to work for a living.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Plenty fly in and just don't leave, Vic. These problems we are weathering are the 'trials' of success! People want in. Success is an attractant.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @2.1.4    2 years ago

Most of the migrants will end either being on welfare paid for by citizens, or on the streets as homeless.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2.1.4    2 years ago

And most simply walk in via Joe Biden

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    2 years ago

They resisted that, didn't they?

I mean like the "Remain-in-Mexico Policy and the one that comes to an ebd Wednesday.

Btw Buzz, It always helps to actually want to protect the border

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.1.4    2 years ago

See anyone on the right not calling for those overstaying their VISA's to be deported?

It is up to Brandon the Human fuck up machine to enforce our immigration laws.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago

Maybe a solution (a partial one at least) would be to increase the number of and manpower at legal entry points.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.2    2 years ago

What handouts?

So according to you, all immigrants seeking asylum are feral cats and are just here for handouts and free stuff?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.11  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.10    2 years ago

Yes, and should be kept out

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.11    2 years ago

NO problem. Joe has it under control....................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.11    2 years ago

So what are those handouts? Y'all are always making shit up

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.13    2 years ago
So what are those handouts?

Look it up, get informed.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.11    2 years ago

Bingo! Personally, I'm tired of them running the alleys behind my house at night with the Border Patrol after them. Some try to cut through my yard by jumping my fence until my very large female black lab sits there in the dark waiting for them to try, then cuts loose. Funny as all get out watching it on my infrared trail cam I have set up.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.14    2 years ago

You know that will never happen.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago
Seems that there are consequences for being the most wonderful country in the world

That's true, people are willing to die to come here, while in some countries, people are willing to die to get out.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago
Seems that there are consequences for being the most wonderful country in the world, peace-loving, full of opportunity, the ultimate image of democracy, where everyone is safe and healthy, the personification of utopia, a virtual magnet.  Maybe the solution would be to make America a less desireable destination.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

First of all it is necessary to recognize that illegally crossing the border is a crime.  Next it is necessary to understand that those who engage in illegal activity do not have the same rights and privileges as those who don't break the law.  Finally it is necessary to accept that immigrants illegally entering the country are in a completely different line and not at the back of the line.  Illegal entry precludes eligibility for a pathway to citizenship.

The first step it to recognize the crime as a crime and to mark those engaged in that criminal activity as criminals. 

The United States operates ports of entry to allow legal entry into the country.  The United States has accepted millions of immigrants entering through ports of entry.  Entering through a port of entry may not be as quick or as convenient as the criminal activity of jumping the border but that is the process established by international agreement.  And going through the process of entering through a port of entry should earn a place in line for a pathway to citizenship.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @2.3    2 years ago

I never said that America should accept illegal immigrants.  My sarcasm was aimed at those who brag that America is the number one country in the world so maybe something should be done to make it less attractive.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @2.3    2 years ago
First of all it is necessary to recognize that illegally crossing the border is a crime.

Unless you are seeking asylum.  That legalizes it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @2.3.2    2 years ago

You forgetting about Title 42?  Oh, and the supreme court has put a pause on ending that as well.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @2.3.2    2 years ago

Did you forget that part of that is the asylum seeker presenting themselves at a legal point of entry to the US?

We have legal entry points; yet the vast majority of immigrants miss them completely. Many are drug cartel cattle- the cartel directs them at the point they want them to cross and tie up what few BP they are. While their drug mules, gang members, and those that paid for entry that would not be granted it otherwise (terrorists, single males, criminals, etc.) cross a short distance away.

The vast majority of immigrants don't qualify for asylum. Needing a damn job and better living conditions is not a reason to grant asylum; no matter how hard Brandon massages the law.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Sanctuary cities run by progressives are starting to see the folly of wide open borders in the name of faux compassion.

They and Biden don't seem to realize they are directly aiding and abetting the cartels by allowing tremendous amounts of drugs into the US.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    2 years ago

Why do some want to let all these foreigners in? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @4    2 years ago

A simple answer is to increase their voter base.