╌>

Additional Documents Marked as Classified Found at Biden's Delaware Residence

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  56 comments

By:   Sabrina Siddiqui (WSJ)

Additional Documents Marked as Classified Found at Biden's Delaware Residence
This discovery is the latest to call into question Biden's handling of secret information

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Additional pages marked as classified were found at President Biden's Wilmington, Del., residence and have been given to the Justice Department, the White House counsel said Saturday, the latest revelation over the handling of classified information that has emerged this week.

The documents were discovered after Mr. Biden's attorneys said earlier that some classified material, likely dating from his time as vice president, had been found in his garage at the residence in December.

One document marked as classified also was found at his residence earlier this week, the White House had said. In addition, documents marked as classified were found at his office  at a Washington think tank  in November.

In a statement Saturday, Richard Sauber, special counsel to the president, said he accompanied Justice Department officials to Wilmington on Thursday to retrieve the initial document from the residence—and during that process “five additional pages with classification markings” were found among the material, bringing the total to six pages discovered this week.

All material was immediately taken into possession by the Justice Department, Mr. Sauber said. The Justice Department declined to comment Saturday.

The revelations come after Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Robert Hur, a former U.S. attorney during the Trump administration,  as special counsel  to examine why classified documents were found at both Mr. Biden’s home and the office he used at the think tank.

Aides had found documents with classified markings at the think tank, the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, on Nov. 2, and turned them over to the National Archives.

Mr. Biden’s team has said the material was inadvertently misplaced.

House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York said Saturday on Twitter, “House Republicans will hold  Joe Biden ’s DOJ & FBI accountable for their double standard of justice and uncover the TRUTH about why Biden has been allowed to be so irresponsible with classified documents for so long.”

Some current and former aides have said then-Vice President Biden’s departure from the White House in January 2017 was  marked by a rush to pack up documents  and other belongings amid an intense stretch of domestic and international travel and a series of official events.

Bob Bauer, Mr. Biden’s personal attorney, also issued a statement Saturday providing more detail on the latest discoveries.

Mr. Bauer said the president’s personal attorneys conducted searches of Mr. Biden’s residences after the records from the Obama administration were found at the Penn Biden Center.

Because they don’t have security clearances, Mr. Biden’s attorneys notified the government when a document with classified markings was found and cleared the area. As a result, he said, “the President’s personal attorneys don’t know the precise number of pages in the discovered material, nor have they reviewed the content of the documents, consistent with standard procedures and requirements.”

The Biden administration has faced criticism for not disclosing the initial discovery when it happened in November—or when further documents were discovered in December. The White House confirmed news reports about the initial discoveries earlier this week and said it was being transparent, but repeatedly declined to offer specifics.

Revelations about additional documents found, and the appointment of a special counsel, have  distracted from the White House’s efforts  to highlight declining inflation and Mr. Biden’s legislative agenda.

The Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, Rep. James Comer (R., Ky.), sent a letter to the White House on Friday, saying his panel was investigating “Mr. Biden’s pattern of mishandling classified materials” and requesting the retrieved documents and a list of locations that were searched.

Daniella Cheslow and C. Ryan Barber contributed to this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

The use of the word "transparent" by the Biden handlers seems to be limited to informing the National Archives and/or the DOJ. It certainly doesn't extend to the American people. Biden's handing of classified information had been all but hidden from the public during the 2022 midterm elections. Now we have a slow drip of information coming out about more documents. I hope our critical thinkers haven't jumped the gun again in describing Biden's mishandling of documents as so much different than that of the former President.

Another question that needs to be addressed is why the National Archives knew immediately what documents Trump took, but never knew what documents Biden took?

Or why the DOJ leaked like a sieve when it was the Trump documents, but was tight as a drum on Biden's documents during the last election?

The only answers we will be getting for the time being are:

Everyone knows I take classified documents seriously

and

I refer you to the DOJ  (who will say "we can't comment on an ongoing investigation')

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    last year

It must be nice for Biden to have his own lawyers investigate him. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    last year

When even Uber democrat Andrew Weissman has questions:

The WH keeps digging a hole deeper: they have failed to answer so many questions, which is very strange if this is all an innocent mistake. -Total number of government docs found and precisely where; and what levels of classification? -Why wasn't this all revealed in Nov/Dec?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    last year

Donald Trump claimed openly that he had a right to have the classified documents in his personal possession " I can declassify them by thinking about them". 

To say these two instances are equivalent is the same nonsense we get from the right every single day. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year
o say these two instances are equivalent is the same nonsense we get from the right every single day. 

In a way you are correct.

Trump, no matter if you believe he declassified the documents or not, had the authority to do so. Biden did not.

Trump had his documents for about a year before he was raided by the FBI. Biden had his documents for 6 years and never got raided. In addition, Trump kept his documents in one location at Mar a Largo. Biden moved his documents around the country several times, many ending up in a CCP controlled office at Penn and a truly unsecure garage and in his house.

There really is no true equivalency with this, with the exception that both presidents had classified information in their possession.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @4.1    last year

Can you imagine what would happen if a President Trump had kept the discovery of classified documents secret from the public 6 days before an election?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.1    last year

The usual PD&D.  All some have.  Plus alternate realities.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.1    last year

No one but Trump believes he had a right to say the documents were his, and his opinion is mud. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.3    last year

OK, ms PD&D....

Show where I am wrong.

My guess is it will be very, very quiet

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.1.5    last year

I don't answer to you

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.7  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    last year
No one but Trump believes he had a right to say the documents were his, and his opinion is mud. 

Doesn't matter.

Bottom line is he had a right to declassify documents.

Brandon did not.

Trump has some form of defense as to why he had the documents.

Brandon simply stole classified documents.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.1.7    last year

No trumpturd did not.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.9  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.8    last year

Here is something for you to not read....

Under the U.S. Constitution, the president as commander in chief is given broad powers to classify and declassify such information, often through use of executive orders.

Now, go ahead and tell us how much of a right wing rag the ABA is. We know it's coming.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year

I know the media is going to pound home the point that there was a difference in attitude. Jonathan Karl said it about a dozen times on "This Week" only hours ago.

So some will cling to that thought while others will feel there is a double standard. Let us not forget that Hillary Clinton was another who violated the Act.

Maybe the democrats will find a way to pull it off again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    last year

Double standards are all some have.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.1    last year

Hillary had BleachBit!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.2    last year

Yeah,  if only Trump had wiped that closed door with a cloth....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.2    last year

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.4    last year

My name is Vic. You must call me by my name....Remember?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.3    last year

And if only Comey would help out by giving the destroyer of the documents immunity...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.6    last year

Comey with his October surprise gave the election to that steaming pile of shit.

Fuck Comey

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    last year
Let us not forget that Hillary Clinton was another who violated the Act.

She literally set up an entire computer network to avoid record keeping laws, lied about having authority to do so, and destroyed records after they were subpoenaed. 

No one else is in her ballpark as far as "intent".  . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.5    last year

I have a new theory - some right wing scumbag planted those documents.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.8    last year

Citation needed.

I won't hold my breath though, as usual.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.8    last year

And Comey & company couldn't prosecute her, because there would be nobody running against Trump!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.9    last year

That's called a "Conspiracy theory!"

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.13  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.9    last year
I have a new theory - some right wing scumbag planted those documents.

Is plagiarism now in vogue?  

Representative Hank Johnson (D., Ga.) on Thursday suggested  classified documents  found in President Biden’s Wilmington, Del., home could have been “planted” there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.7    last year

I don't think so. You know what I think happened.....Everybody thought Hillary would easily beat Trump and a lot of people didn't go out to vote!

It seems that many of those "sharp" democrats who voted for Trump in open primaries forgot to vote for Hillary in the general election.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.15  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.10    last year

I don't expect that you will read this as it's from Politico and it's a rather long read.  And not reading it would be a shame as it's a rather good explanation of the entire setup and does a rather good job of providing details from both sides.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.14    last year

I think so.

I don't care what you think

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.15    last year

I won't

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.18  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.17    last year

You asked for a citation and I gave  you one and it's a good read on the entire setup and why Clinton did it in the first place.  (hint, it's not all bad on Clinton).  That  you refuse to read it says so much about you...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.12    last year

Something you post every day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.13    last year

Excuse me?

You bringing up the article from your questionable source, when the thought just popped into my head.

What are you accusing me of?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.18    last year

I see all you have is insults.

I didn't ask YOU for the citation.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.22  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.20    last year

Not accusing you of anything....  Just pointing out that your thought that just popped into your head was spoken by Democrat Representative Hank Johnson (D., Ga.) on Thursday, Jan 12th.  

If you don't like that source, there are plenty of others ...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.11    last year
And Comey

Comey.

Another in a long line of excuses for Hillary's amazing loss, where she snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.24  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.21    last year
I see all you have is insults.

If you think there's an insult in there than maybe you should flag it for moderator review.

I didn't ask YOU for the citation.  

Then maybe you shouldn't participate in a public chat board.  You asked for citation on HRC's home email server and I gave you a link to an article written 1.5 years after it was discovered that distilled down the FBI reports and everything else publicly known about the situation and delivered a lengthy but detailed explanation of what and why.  At least providing the information is better than a "nah uh" response.

What you chose to do with the knowledge is up to you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.22    last year

Yes, you are accusing me of plagarism or whatever fucking nonsense you were mentioning before and you insulted me for refusing to read your source which I didn't ask for from you in the first place.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.26  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.25    last year

So flag them, or put me on ignore so you don't have to see what I respond.  Your choice.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.22    last year

I don't care what the fucking source is.  The thought popped in my head just then so stop with the accusations

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.26    last year

I have and I will say and do as I please so stop with the insults and accusations.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.29  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.9    last year
I have a new theory

You mean you have a conspiracy theory some of your brethren have already thrown out to the leftist lemmings, who some are lapping it up as truth/

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.24    last year

I didn't ask you.  I don't care what you think or say.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.31  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.30    last year

Of course you do, or you wouldn't keep responding.

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.32  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.24    last year

I don't come to YOU for knowledge on any subject.  I don't know why you think I would.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.33  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.32    last year

Funny but  you didn't sound that way when we were talking about Social Security.  If you prefer to remain ignorant on subjects then perhaps you shouldn't respond to me.  Or just put me on ignore...   seems a simple solution.  But you keep responding,  why?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.34  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.23    last year

A very long line!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year

They are by no means equivalent but that's their only defense.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.5.1    last year

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.5.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5.2    last year

[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    last year

So where are the FBI raids? There needs to be a raid at each and every Brandon office, residence, and place he frequented. The fact that the DOJ and FBI are trusting a Brandon hand picked sanitation team is ridiculous. "These documents aren't that sensitive, we can release them. These documents are too sensitive, we have to destroy them. We have no fucking idea where these came from, so we will blame Trump for them. Our lemmings will believe anything."

Get the FBI off their collective asses. Pull some of them away from tracking down and conducting raids on Jan 6th rioters; and do their fucking job. Brandon's sanitation team can go work at the nearest trash dump.