╌>

Joe Biden is an asshole

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 months ago  •  27 comments

By:   Charles C. W. Cooke

Joe Biden is an asshole
Character matters. Biden has none. As president, the man spends his days considering how he can mislead voters about his record, how he can get around the Constitution, and how he can demagogue the other branches.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

T here is a moment in Back to the Future Part III in which Marty McFly steps outside of the unfamiliar mores of the 19th-century American West and says of Buford Tannen, the man who has challenged him to a duel, “He’s an asshole !”

That line is just three words long, but it contains a universe within its delivery. McFly is incredulous. He is impatient. He has lost his desire to play along with the customs of the age. “We can all see this, right?” he seems to be asking the assembled crowd. We all know that Tannen’s an asshole ?

I feel the same about President Joe Biden. He’s an asshole. Can we not all see it? For those who cannot conceive of truth without triangulation, I will freely stipulate that Donald Trump is an asshole, too — and that, in some ways, he’s an even worse one. But that does not let Biden off the hook. President or not, Biden is a decrepit, dishonest, unpleasant blowhard. He’s a nasty, corrupt, partisan fraud. He is, as Shakespeare had it, “a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.” Biden is twice as irritating as he believes himself to be, and half as intelligent into the bargain. From the moment he arrived on the scene — nearly 50 years ago, Lord help us — he has represented all that is wrong with our politics. A century hence, his name will be set into aspic and memorialized under “Hack.”

At Axios , Alex Thompson reports the apparently surprising news that Biden “has such a quick-trigger temper that some aides try to avoid meeting alone with him.” Among the president’s favorite admonitions are: “God dammit, how the f**k don’t you know this?!,” “Don’t f**king bullsh*t me!,” and “Get the f**k out of here!” Per Thompson, these revelations are important because, like his refusal to acknowledge his own granddaughter, they threaten to damage Biden’s “carefully cultivated image as a kindly uncle.” But that image is for cretins and sycophants. Joe Biden has never been a “kindly uncle” — or anything approaching one. For his whole life, Joe Biden has been a plodding mediocrity with a Delaware-sized chip on his shoulder. What about him, I wonder, would not lead him to shout stupidly at people? He’s a bully. Check. He’s insecure. Check. He’s senile. Check. He is hostage to his precarious record of lies. Check . His anger is as inevitable as the sunset.

We don’t need Axios to tell us about it. In 1987, during his first run for president, Biden was in spiffing form . Asked by a voter in New Hampshire about his academic record, Biden grew unhinged. “I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do,” he said, before rattling off a sequence of falsehoods that ought by rights to have ended his career. He said that he graduated in the top half of his law-school class. He did not. He said that he went to that law school on a “full academic scholarship.” He did not. He said that he “won the international moot-court competition,” “was the outstanding student in the political science department,” and “graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school.” None of that was true. In closing, Biden betrayed what the exchange was really about. “I’d be delighted to sit back and compare my IQ to yours if you’d like,” he jabbed. Mr. Dunning-Kruger, your table is ready.

Character matters. Biden has none. As president, the man spends his days considering how he can mislead voters about his record , how he can get around the Constitution , and how he can demagogue the other branches . All that talk in 2020 about “the soul of America”? That was guff. Flotsam. Malarkey . There is nothing the man won’t lie about. He lies about inflation. He lies about gas prices. He lies about the deficit. He lies about the border. He lies about having been arrested for his civil-rights activism, and about having been raised by Puerto Ricans and Greeks and Jews, and about having traveled to Afghanistan to pin a Silver Star on a Navy hero, and about his son’s death, and about the crash that killed his first wife and baby daughter, and about the small kitchen fire that he had 15 years ago, which, in his inimitable style, he has managed to transmute into “having had a house burn down with my wife in it.” In 1987, he plagiarized a speech by the British politician Neil Kinnock that contained a completely different backstory from his own. In 2012, he accused Mitt Romney of wanting to put African Americans “back in chains.” Push a pin into a history book, and you’ll find Joe Biden lying about something.

There are many ugly consequences of our present bout of negative partisanship, but by far the worst is that it leads otherwise sensible people to pretend that up is down. That a person might prefer the Democrats to the Republicans or tax hikes to tax cuts or anyone to Donald Trump is comprehensible to me. That, in pursuit of that aim, they might feign admiration for the grotesque is not comprehensible at all. Joe Biden is an asshole. Always has been, always will be — until the last tawdry whopper leaves his lips.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Just a very well written takedown that perfectly captures biden

Thomas
Senior Guide
2  Thomas    2 months ago

jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Thomas
Senior Guide
3  Thomas    2 months ago

You must have finally cracked

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.1  Gazoo  replied to  Thomas @3    2 months ago

You must have finally cracked”

Who?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

With this article we've now achieved maximum "bothsiderishness", which was undoubtedly the intention,  hope and prayer of the writer ,and the seeder. 

Trump is the biggest asshole in the history of the known universe?  Well guess what? So is Biden. 

What a pathetic place this nation is in. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

Surprisingly John - I agree with your last two sentences completely.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1    2 months ago

It has been obvious for a long time that the people trying to direct Republicans back into the White House from behind the scenes realize that Trump is truly a worthless piece of shit as a human being, and is a known traitor and financial criminal.

There's nothing they can do to change those facts so they do what they think is best at this point , do everything they can to drag Joe Biden down to Trump's level. That is exactly why we're getting the buffoonish impeachment effort from the republican committee in Congress, it is exactly why they are accusing Biden of financial misconduct, and that is exactly why the seeded article was written.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago

Can you ever defend Biden without referencing trump? Biden’s character is independent of the existence of trump, so what’s with the constant need to reference Trump? For you:

For those who cannot conceive of truth without triangulation, I will freely stipulate that Donald Trump is an asshole, too — and that, in some ways, he’s an even worse one. But that does not let Biden off the hook. President or not, Biden is a decrepit, dishonest, unpleasant blowhard. He’s a nasty, corrupt, partisan fraud. He is, as Shakespeare had it, “a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.”

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago

Don't think that's the intent of this thread John.  You drag Trump down with almost every post you place and now, someone shows that your Dem/Lib "leader" is equal too, if not worse than, Trump, you have to try to turn the tide to make all about Trump.

Please stop with the Trump bashing as being comparative to Biden's azzholiness. 

Yeah, they both suck - deal with it - it's called reality.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.2    2 months ago

I have yet to see any criticism of Biden that wasn't met with a "But Trump".

I think one of our members describes it and decries it as "bothsidism"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.2    2 months ago
For those who cannot conceive of truth without triangulation, I will freely stipulate that Donald Trump is an asshole, too — and that, in some ways, he’s an even worse one. But that does not let Biden off the hook. President or not, Biden is a decrepit, dishonest, unpleasant blowhard. He’s a nasty, corrupt, partisan fraud. He is, as Shakespeare had it, “a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.”

We have reams and books full of evidence Donald Trump is a con man, tax cheat, pathological liar, bigot, moron, financial criminal, and traitor, and has been most of these things since he was a young man. 

You have an article from a right wing publication, and other anecdotal information that sheds a negative light on Joe Biden. Please get back to us when you have some proof, let's call it, that Biden is as big an unethical jagoff as Trump is. 

It would take years, at the soonest, for you to produce such information, if it even exists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.3    2 months ago
You drag Trump down with almost every post you place and now, someone shows that your Dem/Lib "leader" is equal too, if not worse than, Trump, you have to try to turn the tide to make all about Trump.

This sort of comment is exactly what's wrong with America today

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1    2 months ago

By agreeing with the words "So is Biden" you have actually also agreed with the two sentences prior to the two you agreed with. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.8  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    2 months ago

Explain how that's what's wrong with America right now.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.9  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.7    2 months ago

Believe it or not, I "think" the intent of the first sentence is typical redundancy of the author of saying the same thing twice but slanting the last portion to negate the first - kinda like a paradox - "I think".

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.10  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    2 months ago

Oh - Cooke isn't a "right wing" publisher - his publications are considered very conservative, or on the "right" side of the equation.

About Charles C. W. Cooke's Bias Rating

Charles C. W. Cooke is a author source with an AllSides Media Bias Rating™ of Right.

What a "Right" Rating Means

Sources with an AllSides Media Bias Rating of Right display media bias in ways that strongly align with conservative, traditional thought and/or policy agendas. A Right bias is the most conservative rating on the political spectrum.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    2 months ago

Maybe he is looking through clear eyes, [deleted]

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.2  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

Is that like when just recently, some try to paint trump as having dementia, meanwhile, biden has shown signs of dementia for years? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5  1stwarrior    2 months ago

Evidently, the WH PR section must work 56 hours a day, 240 hours a week to have to cover up the shyte that the liar in chief spews.

Can't believe that Cooke missed the opportunity to expound on showering with your teen daughter, sniffing, fondling, classless manners around any and all females ('cept of course for the Dr.), not having a memory to fill a peanut shell.

And the Dems/Libs luv/respect him and want him to run for a second term?????

What have they come too????? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago
“He’s an asshole !”

"That line is just three words long,...

No, it's FOUR words long.  But that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    2 months ago

You know Buzz - it's interesting that you mention that.  My "Apple spell-check" always screws my mind with it's "preferred" corrections - even when they're wrong.

Actually, it's FIVE words long - with the contraction and proper separation of the last word into two - right?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    2 months ago

From Merriam-Webster

asshole

noun

ass·​hole   ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl 
usually vulgar   ANUS
Merriam-Webster shows it as one word.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.1    2 months ago

But, it's got a "." in the middle - doesn't that make it two that have been joined to make one????

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.2    2 months ago

This line -> " ass·​hole    ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl " is just to indicate pronunciation.

George
Junior Expert
7  George    2 months ago

Wow, This writer needs to apologize to assholes for slandering them by comparing them to Biden.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1  1stwarrior  replied to  George @7    2 months ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

And just like biff tannen groveling before Mcfly senior at the end of the first movie, Biden the  consummate bully is cravenly apologizing to the progressive base that controls him for speaking the truth.  He’s a bully when punching down and a coward when confronted by someone that can actually threaten him.