╌>

40 killed, 145 wounded at concert hall in Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  one month ago  •  26 comments

40 killed, 145 wounded at concert hall in Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility
Russian news agencies reported at least three people wearing camouflage opened fire

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

What we know about the Moscow concert attack

• Men in camouflage broke into a Moscow concert hall and opened fire, shooting an unknown number of people, Russia’s prosecutor general said.
    • The terror group ISIS has claimed responsibility, but did not provide proof of the claim, which was made on ISIS-affiliated news agency Amaq on Telegram.
    • Russia officials said that more than 40 people are dead and more than 100 injured after the attack at Crocus City Hall.
    • A fire also started inside Crocus City Hall, a large concert venue northwest of central Moscow.
    • Firefighters have evacuated about 100 people from the basement of the building and efforts are underway to rescue people from the roof, Russian emergency officials said. Russia officials said they were investigating the attack as a terrorist act.
    • A popular rock band was scheduled to play what appeared to be a sold-out show at the venue, which has a maximum capacity of more than 9,000 people.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    one month ago
  • Men in camouflage broke into a Moscow concert hall and opened fire, shooting an unknown number of people, Russia’s prosecutor general said.
  • The terror group ISIS has claimed responsibility, but did not provide proof of the claim, which was made on ISIS-affiliated news agency Amaq on Telegram.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Russia officials said that more than 40 people are dead and more than 100 injured after the attack at Crocus City Hall.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Russian media reported a second blast at the venue and there were reports that some of the gunmen had barricaded themselves somewhere in the building.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4  shona1    one month ago

Morning..well if it is Daesh they just went up in my estimation...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @4    one month ago

Good Morning to you!

I had thought that Daesh ("ISIS") had been mostly defeated, with only a really small number still around.

And if the remaining ones were to attack anywhere it would probably be in Iraq or Syria.(Although while news outlets say that "ISIS claimed responsibility" I don't think that has been confirmed.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @4    one month ago

Although many westerners may not be aware of it, Russia has suffered through some pretty bad terror attacks.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.2.1  shona1  replied to  Krishna @4.2    one month ago

Yes and mostly of their own doing..can thank their dumb arse leader for that..

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2    one month ago
Although many westerners may not be aware of it, Russia has suffered through some pretty bad terror attacks.

One of the worst ones I remember were the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings:

The  2010 Moscow Metro bombings  were  suicide bombings  carried out by two female Islamic terrorists during the morning  rush hour  of March 29, 2010, at two stations of the  Moscow Metro  ( Lubyanka  and  Park Kultury ), with roughly 40 minutes in between.

At least 40 people were killed, and over 100 injured.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.2    one month ago
The  2010 Moscow Metro bombings  were  suicide bombings  carried out by two female Islamic terrorists during the morning  rush hour  of March 29, 2010, at two stations of the  Moscow Metro  ( Lubyanka  and  Park Kultury ), with roughly 40 minutes in between. At least 40 people were killed, and over 100 injured.

Amongst the worst in years"

Russian officials called the incident "the deadliest and most sophisticated terrorist attack in the Russian capital in six years", [3]  a reference to the  Avtozavodskaya  and  Rizhskaya bombings  in 2004. At the time of the attacks, an estimated 500,000 people were commuting through Moscow's metro system. [4]

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @4.2.1    one month ago
Yes and mostly of their own doing..can thank their dumb arse leader for that.

Putin has responsible for many deaths . . .both Russians as well as their enemies . . .

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    one month ago

The murder of civilians is unacceptable.

Russia has been engaged in a terrorist campaign against the Ukrainian people for years.

Putin is suspected of having staged a terrorist campaign in Russia in 1999 in order to consolidate his power.

It is likely that the truth about today's attack will never be revealed.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @5    one month ago
Putin is suspected of having staged a terrorist campaign in Russia in 1999 in order to consolidate his power. It is likely that the truth about today's attack will never be revealed.

Maybe. Maybe not (Actually it seems that the perps were Islamist extremeists.

In today's news (Al Jazeera):

ISIL’s Afghan branch – also known as the Islamic State in Khorasan Province, ISKP (ISIS-K) – has claimed responsibility for the attack and United States officials have confirmed the authenticity of that claim, according to the Reuters news agency.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     one month ago

There are around 25 million Muslims in Russia according to the Grand Mufti of Russia and Russia has a number of Muslim-majority countries on their borders and some of them, think Checneya, have a huge score to settle with Russia so terrorist attacks by Muslims are not a surprise. I'm sure they will be more terrorists attacks, or as they should be known ''Pay Back Attacks''.... 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago

makes me kind of wonder how long it will be before we here in the states start seeing something like this happening here  with the situations going on right now .

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6.1    one month ago
makes me kind of wonder how long it will be before we here in the states start seeing something like this happening here  with the situations going on right now

We are by far the most powerful country in the world-- Islamic extremists would never dare to attack us!!!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    one month ago

did you forget the SARC tag ?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6.1.2    one month ago
did you forget the SARC tag ?

Actually I didn't forget it--it was deliberate jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago
I'm sure they will be more terrorists attacks, or as they should be known ''Pay Back Attacks''.... 

Could be.

In the U.S. we have very few Muslims-- and we've had several  "payback" attacks. 

(Aside from 9/11 there have been several that people tend to forget)

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @6.2    one month ago

Ft Hood comes to mind 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.2    one month ago
(Aside from 9/11 there have been several that people tend to forget)

I wonder how many people remember the first World Trade center bombing (1993)?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6.2.1    one month ago
Ft Hood comes to mind 

I remember that one.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago
I'm sure they will be more terrorists attacks, or as they should be known ''Pay Back Attacks''.... 

There's an old saying:

An eye for an eye . . .and soon the whole world will be blind. :-(

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @6.3    one month ago

In this instance Kirsh, I'm referring to Russia's treatment of Muslims, Chechneya comes to mind plus they have a Muslim population of 25 million living within the Russian borders. So I'm not surprised at all by the ''pay back'' terrorist attacks against the Russians.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago
have a huge score to settle with Russia so terrorist attacks by Muslims are not a surprise.

Apparently there are Muslims in the U.S. who feel the same way (toward the U.S.)

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.4.1  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @6.4    one month ago
Apparently, there are Muslims in the U.S. who feel the same way (toward the U.S.)

There probably are but there are also plenty of non Muslims that also feel the same way, remember Timothy McVeigh?

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     one month ago

The number killed is now at 130 dead.