╌>

Slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller wake: Live updates, Trump appearance and more

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  4 weeks ago  •  104 comments

By:   nypmetro (New York Post)

Slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller wake: Live updates, Trump appearance and more
Slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller's wake is on Thursday. Former President Donald Trump and Mayor Eric Adams are expected to attend. Follow the Post's latest updates.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Donald Trump addressed mourners and the media outside of slain NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller's wake on Thursday, calling for the "toughening up" of law and order.

Diller's alleged killer, Guy Rivera, had a lengthy rap sheet including 21 prior arrests.

"What happened is such a sad event," Trump told reporters. "It's happening all too often and we're just not going to let it happen."

What to know about the fatal shooting of NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller:

• Diller, 31, was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop in Far Rockaway, Queens, on March 25, 2024.
  • Suspect Guy Rivera opened fire on Diller on Monday evening after the cop approached the vehicle Rivera was in for parking in front of a bus stop.
  • Diller was shot once in the stomach below his bulletproof vest. The married father of a 1-year-old boy was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
  • Rivera was wounded when Diller's partner returned fire. The suspect has 21 prior arrests and was found to have a shiv stored in his rectum during the shooting — in apparent anticipation of being sent to jail again.
  • Lindy Jones, the ex-con behind the wheel of the car during the shooting, was also arrested after a second gun was found in his car.
  • Mayor Eric Adams has renewed his calls for Albany to address criminal recidivism following the shooting involving two suspects with lengthy criminal records.

Trump was among the hundreds who turned up to pay their respects to Diller at Massapequa Funeral Home on Long Island.

Diller, 31, left behind a 1-year-old son.

Visitation for family and friends is being held at the Massapequa Funeral Home at 4980 Merrick Road between 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, followed by the same schedule Friday.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 weeks ago

Not far away Obama and Clinton were raking in millions fundraising for Joe Biden.

former-president-donald-trump-attends-79145070.jpg?w=1024

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 weeks ago

Yup, just another photo op for him.  Surprised he didn't bring his bible with him to drum up sales amongst the real grieving people.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago

We don't have to worry about fucking Obama or Biden. They don't have an ounce of decency.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 weeks ago

Typical. MAGAs would take this opportunity to bring politics into the death of a New York City policeman while ignoring injuries and death in the ranks of capitol police and 'promising' to release their attackers as soon as January 21, 2025 if allowed!

The absurdities of politics blatantly and openly continue. . . . 

Oh and for the record, I heard a new report that Trump was invited by the family to come to the officer wake. I have not heard any mention that those other FORMER presidents were called upon to attend. I could be wrong/or not!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.2    4 weeks ago

Yet brain dead Joe's press secretary did take this as an opportunity to talk about gun control

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.3    4 weeks ago

They won't have to worry about your answer to gun violence. . .just make more of them. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.4    4 weeks ago

Thanks for letting  me know. I didn't think that was my solution at all.

But distraction attempt noted.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.3    4 weeks ago

And, Donald shows up making 'disastrous and hyperbole' promises to extend his lying streak. But, no matter: He was invited by the officer's family (news) to do just that if they follow his track record.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.5    4 weeks ago

To be clear, you mentioned gun control at 1.1.3. Own it. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.7    4 weeks ago

To be clear that was in response to your comment about others politicizing while your side was doing the same thing. Own the hypocrisy. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.6    4 weeks ago

Their family member was just murdered and they are understandably upset with the people that have demonized police and let thugs out of jail so this could happen

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.8    4 weeks ago
_v=63f541711193741
Professor Principal
1.1.1    seeder    Vic Eldred    replied to    Ozzwald   @ 1.1       2 hours ago

We don't have to worry about fucking Obama or Biden. They don't have an ounce of decency.

_v=63f541690860888
Professor Principal
1.1.2    CB    replied to    Vic Eldred   @ 1.1.1       an hour ago

Typical. MAGAs would take this opportunity to bring politics into the death of a New York City policeman while ignoring  injuries and death in the ranks of  capitol police and 'promising' to release their attackers as soon as January 21, 2025 if allowed!

The absurdities of politics blatantly and openly continue. . . . 

Oh and for the record, I heard a new report that Trump was invited by the family to come to the officer wake. I have not heard any mention that those other FORMER presidents were called upon to attend. I could be wrong/or not!

There is my entire comment to Vic Eldred's comment attacking two presidents simply because he could. For my part, I am not engaging in any group effort.

Now point to the words in my comment that obliquely or directly bring to mind: Gun control. Please proceed. . . .

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.11  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.9    4 weeks ago

Nobody is responsible for what some 'yahoo' does when he released by the "authorities," anymore than they are responsible for what the article labels a 'shiv' he housed in his butt. (A man is not in his right mind if he puts a sharp object in his butt!) 

It's why they are the authorities with those duties and responsibilities to the public and yes, even criminals have limited rights too under state and federal law to certain types of release. Trying to make political 'hay' out of death is stupid!  But, of course, being stupid has never been a reason not to make an ad against a political opponent. So watch this space!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Snuffy  replied to  CB @1.1.11    4 weeks ago
Trying to make political 'hay' out of death is stupid!  But, of course, being stupid has never been a reason not to make an ad against a political opponent.

Of course, politicians do it all the time and their partisan followers just lap it up. That's partisan politics. Sad thing is the constant bashing of only one side when both sides do it. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.10    4 weeks ago
Now point to the words in my comment that obliquely or directly bring to mind: Gun control. Please proceed.

You stated: MAGAs would take this opportunity to bring politics into the death of a New York City policeman.

I pointed out that Bidens minions also brought politics in it in the form of a gun control and all Joe has done with regards to it  .

I can't make it any more clear than that for you.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.11    4 weeks ago

The guy has been arrested 21 times.  You don't find it a bit strange?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.15  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.14    4 weeks ago
The guy has been arrested 21 times.

I am not "the authorities" and nor are you. You will have to research the 'cases' (and the context/background) and the law that 'granted' him release/s. But, once you do all of that, you may find it (gasp) justified. That said, that this ungrateful fool is a 'reprobate' unworthy of the good done him (under law) is sadly his fault. Again, there will be as much political hay tossed up as can be done and so we will standby for it.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  CB  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.12    4 weeks ago
Sad thing is the constant bashing of only one side when both sides do it. 

It is the nature of discussion to 'speak' to one issue at a time. Or, put a 'pin in it' and address the other. This is a wake. A man is dead. His family is grief-stricken. Trump was invited. He came. He spoke. It should have ended there—it did not. It is here for NTers to comment on politically and that is unseemingly on its face!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.13    4 weeks ago

So no mention of gun control to be 'found' in my comment. But it is in your: "Yet brain dead Joe's press secretary did take this as an opportunity to talk about gun control."

So you are clearly 'walking it back now. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.18  Snuffy  replied to  CB @1.1.16    4 weeks ago
Sad thing is the constant bashing of only one side when both sides do it. 
It is the nature of discussion to 'speak' to one issue at a time. Or, put a 'pin in it' and address the other. This is a wake. A man is dead. His family is grief-stricken. Trump was invited. He came. He spoke. It should have ended there—it did not. It is here for NTers to comment on politically and that is unseemingly on its face!

You're the one who stated up in 1.1.11 that I responded to (with a copy/paste of your statement)

Trying to make political 'hay' out of death is stupid!  But, of course, being stupid has never been a reason not to make an ad against a political opponent.

I actually agreed with you and only pointed out that both sides do the same action. Do you try to deny that Democrats are just as bad at using a crisis to make political points? Your history seems to be one-sided in that you will bash Trump and MAGA's while ignoring the same actions performed by Democrats. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.17    4 weeks ago

You are clearly missing the point on purpose

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.20  CB  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.18    4 weeks ago
This article comment 1. . . 
_v=63f541711193741
Professor Principal
1    seeder    Vic Eldred  

Not far away Obama and Clinton were raking in millions fundraising for Joe Biden.

. . .set the tenor for the comments that followed it. It is an unspecified taunt directed at liberals. The first comment!

I don't see you spending time trash-talking the writer of the first comment.

Now then it goes without stating that both sides should ease up on making this death political. However, I can not persuade even YOU to give it up and let it go! As to bashing liberal democrats. . .there is no 'shortage' of MAGAs on this site doing so day and night! I see it, I read it. Therefore, I don't have to do it. Exception: If it gets too raunchy and downright filthy coming from my liberal friends, then I speak to them 'publicly' about it for all to see.

Finally, if you are implying that I am fearful of losing my virtual friends and so I let them alone. . . you're mistaken. What I do here is speak to the issues and problems I see from all quarters . That said, MAGAS are the biggest problem for us all-because those people want control over my life and liberal lives and I STAND with 'libs' to say, "Hell no!" 

If that is not enough for you; oh, well.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.21  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.19    4 weeks ago

Too Vague. Short and not owning a damn thing you wrote-is  the point you won't touch!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.22  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.1.21    4 weeks ago

It is a ridiculous point. You were the one that brought up using a tragedy to score political points and then try to divert away from the press secretary from doing the same thing. Own it.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago

Question is why wasn't Brandon there? 

Not presidential of Brandon in the slightest. But what else is new? He can't be seen chastising what his illegal immigrants are doing.'

Trump is acting more Presidential than Brandon ever has.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.23    4 weeks ago

That's a no brainer.  As stated in #4 and #4.2 below - It's a democrat thing to not show their respect to fallen police officers, military or US citizens in general. 

But they'll damn sure step up for an illegal.

He can't be seen chastising what his illegal immigrants are doing.'

God forbid he's chastised for something he caused.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.25  goose is back  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago
Yup, just another photo op for him. 

Just a photo op, how much did Trump win New York, Oh yeah, HE DIDN'T Will he win New York in November......NO!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.26  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 weeks ago
We don't have to worry about fucking Obama or Biden.

Well to each their own, I personally have absolutely no desire to fuck Obama or Biden.  I'm hetero.  But you go ahead and keep fantasizing.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.23    4 weeks ago

Because he wasn't invited?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.28  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.24    4 weeks ago
As stated in #4 and #4.2 below - It's a democrat thing to not show their respect to fallen police officers, military or US citizens in general. 

So how many of those has Trump shown up at?  Are you sure you want to include "military" in that statement???

Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France due to rain

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 weeks ago

Exactly Ozz - the former 'president' cares about no one but himself and being front and center - in the spotlight - nothing but a photo op - as you said.  I'm sure he considers officers who died in the line of duty to be losers like Veterans.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.3    4 weeks ago

Cannot believe KJP had the unmitigated gall to tell a reporter that it was the gun that killed Officer Diller and not the person wielding it! Gun do not kill. The people holding the gun do the actual killing.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.31  Split Personality  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.28    4 weeks ago

Over 900 officers died in the line of duty while Trump was POTUS.

fatalities-year-updated-3-24-2023.indd (nleomf.org)

I couldn't find any statistics that showed him visiting any of those families during his actual term

but there are hundreds of campaign video clips with Trump describing those convicted of rioting and beating police

officers protecting the Capital on 01/06

as "heroes" & "hostages".

I guess it just depends on the room Trump is playing to /s

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 weeks ago

Projection at its finest

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.33  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.30    4 weeks ago

You can't fix stupid.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.34  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.27    4 weeks ago

Neither was the shit bag Governor and Bragg.  They showed up and was rightfully turned away.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 weeks ago

I'd say this is a smart move by Trump. Attending the wake will do more to elevate his standing with average people who also support law & order.

And isn't this one of the things that really hurt Hillary back in 2016? She was accused of spending more time on both the east and west coasts fund raising rather than stepping foot into the middle-America states to meet with the average people.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  Snuffy @1.2    4 weeks ago

Of course, pure politics. . . and no one is the wiser for it. Go Donald!  /s  jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif   

Capitol police not supported by Trump and MAGAs.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Snuffy  replied to  CB @1.2.1    4 weeks ago

This wake has nothing to do with the Capital police, but don't let that stop a good ranting against Trump and the boogieman MAGA. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  CB  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.2    4 weeks ago

I am not ranting. I just point out that if some or going to make this about law and order then be consistent to support Capitol police and not talk about J6 hostages. . .who smashed a police officer between a doorpost inside the U.S. capitol during its attack. After that, I move on to other considerations that this article generates.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.2    4 weeks ago

New York City is hardly a middle American state...

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.4    4 weeks ago

Of course it is. And where is Biden?  NYC at a fund raiser. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.5    4 weeks ago

How so?  Merely a photo op for the former 'president' - why should President Biden be there?  For what purpose?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.7  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.6    4 weeks ago

[removed][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.7    4 weeks ago

[removed][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.5    4 weeks ago

SP is correct, you are not.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.10  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.5    4 weeks ago

If Biden was invited he might have went.  Maybe all three would have.

It is no secret given what the SS does to traffic in Manhattan when a POTUS visits.

Then again

since Presidents rarely attend viewings or funerals of LEOs fallen in the line of duty

why go and be accused of pandering, or worse, since the police union thinks there's an invasion underway,

chance that the POTUS or former POTUS's being booed or stood up.

Odds are that the SS said NO, hell NO. 

Planning takes weeks to arrange, been there, done that, and last minute changes are usually not an option.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.11  Snuffy  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.10    4 weeks ago

So much defense for Biden when all I did was point out that in the 2016 campaign HRC spent all her time on the coasts fund raising and basically ignored going to the states in the middle of the country. But you keep deflecting with those comments and others will continue with the ignorance of a 'nah uh'.  As Biden was already in New York, SS had their impact on traffic anyway. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.11    4 weeks ago
when all I did was point out that in the 2016 campaign HRC spent all her time on the coasts fund raising and basically ignored going to the states in the middle of the country.

And that part of your statement was correct, she ignored the heartland, flyover country.

New York is one of the east coast places she loved to campaign in, she took NY's electoral votes.

I don't understand what part was deflection from your unbiased opinion.

As Biden was already in New York, SS had their impact on traffic anyway. 

Taking an unplanned junket from Manhattan to Massapequa on South Oyster Bay in the middle of Long Island 

simply wasn't in the plans which were worked out with the locals, or would have to have been, weeks ahead of time.

Weeks before the officer was killed.

Have a good evening.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 weeks ago

So??

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 weeks ago

Why exactly would Biden, Obama, and Clinton be at this funeral?  They were not invited.  Hochul was - she spoke to the family - it was an Uncle of the family who had a problem with Hochul and who had words with her towards the end.  

I don't believe the former 'president' was invited.  Why the fuck was it there?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 weeks ago

Manhattan is expected to descend into gridlock Thursday as President Biden comes together with former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton for an extravagant fundraiser at Radio City Music Hall.

Traffic barriers were already up around the famous Midtown venue by 7 a.m. — though the NYPD has not confirmed what exact road closures will be put in place,  PIX11 reported .

Manhattan to be traffic hell Thursday so Biden can raise record $25 million at Radio City fundraiser (nypost.com)

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 weeks ago

This is an FYI and of no consequence as traffic 'hell' is always an issue in New York City with its U.N. and other dignitaries activities. 'Listing' it here reeks of desperation.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.1    4 weeks ago

Brandon, Obama, and Clinton. 

Three assholes that care more about money and power than they do about those they are and were supposed to serve.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    4 weeks ago

Some MAGAs have lost temporarily lost their damn minds.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    4 weeks ago
they are and were supposed to serve.

"Suckers and losers".. 

You have a great day. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 weeks ago

Always good to know what Joe Biden's real priorities are./s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2    4 weeks ago

It was a bad look.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    4 weeks ago

For the former 'president' of course, the turd doesn't have a good look.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 weeks ago

I wonder if any of the council members that were called out are dumb enough to show.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    4 weeks ago

Not only at the funeral home!

They expect protestors at the Biden fundraiser.

Did any of the 3 Amigos: Obama, Clinton or Biden stop by the funeral home?

Anyone?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 weeks ago
In  2019 89  law enforcement officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents in the United States.  Of these,  48  officers died as a result of felonious acts 1 .

Out of those 48 police killings in 2019, while Trump was president, how many funerals for those officers did Trump attend ? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 weeks ago
Between  2017  and  2020 264  law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in the United States 1 2 .

I couldnt find any news stories about President Trump attending a single one of those funerals. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 weeks ago

I know one felon who attacked a cop with a knife who Biden visited in the hospital. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    4 weeks ago

I couldnt find any news stories about President Trump attending a single one of those funerals. 

He only does if it's politically advantageous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.3    4 weeks ago

I think its quite fair to say that Trump attended that wake today for purely political reasons. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.4    4 weeks ago

of course

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    4 weeks ago

Of course, why else would he since he didn't know the guy.  I've never gone to a strangers wake.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.4    4 weeks ago
He only does if it's politically advantageous. 

Candidates try to avoid what's politically disadvantageous.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    4 weeks ago

It's desperation. And quite frankly,. . . disinformation and misinformation is becoming ALL TO COMMON .

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    4 weeks ago
I think its quite fair to say that Trump attended that wake today for purely political reasons. 

Yes, it helps Trump with his voters to show sympathy for murdered cops.

It helps Biden with his voters to show sympathy for felons who try to murder cops. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 weeks ago

Seems the only answer is deflection.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.7    4 weeks ago

Trump had 264 opportunities go to a police officer's wake while he was president and as far as I can see he didn't go any of them.

The idea that somehow as of today he's much better on this issue than Biden  is absurd.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    4 weeks ago
The idea that somehow as of today he's much better on this issue than Biden  is absurd.

One, I don’t think that wake attendance is an issue.

Two, I don’t think Biden has a wake attendance gap.

Three, how can anyone be surprised at what Trump does.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.8    4 weeks ago

Candidates try to avoid what's politically disadvantageous.

No shit! 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.14    4 weeks ago

Exactly, did you want to be Master of the Obvious in 3.1.4 ?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    4 weeks ago

How many were killed by a criminal he let into the country?

The only thing Brandon and Democrats are good for is milking elitist donors and their sheeple for money; and fucking average US citizens over.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.16    4 weeks ago

find some evidence that trump attended the funeral of any of the 264 police officers that died in the line of duty while he was president

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.18  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.17    4 weeks ago

No one claimed that he did or didn't. Point is, he and the three stooges were there in NYC THAT DAY and only one made time to go.

The three stooges? They knew they would not be welcome.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.1.19  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.17    4 weeks ago

Find some evidence that trump was invited and turned it down.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.17    4 weeks ago

I imagine the former 'president' considers them losers like Veterans who died in the line of duty.  That scumbag cares about no one but itself.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.21  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    4 weeks ago

If that is the case then Biden ignored it for the same political reasons. He might have showed up and kept staring at his watch like he has done before on the one time he showed up to to Dover AFB for the arrival of remains of deceased military personnel being flown back from Afghanistan in metal transfer coffins.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4  bugsy    4 weeks ago

This must be a democrat thing to not show their respect to fallen police officers.

Not only did Biden skip out, but Obama and Clinton are both in town and neither showed. It would not surprise me if the mayor ang governor also skipped out.

We are all aware of how leftists feel about our police.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @4    4 weeks ago

Now explain why trump only showed up to NONE of 264 fallen officers deaths while he was POTUS? 

This must be a republican thing to not show their respect to fallen police officers.

(See John's post above)

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1.1  shona1  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    4 weeks ago

Morning Frosty...to be honest I thought the same thing and I don't even live there..

Wonder if the family were pressured into letting him roll up along with the media circus and all the crap that follows it...I for one would not want my PM rolling up that's for sure..

Very sad for the fallen officers family and friends... truly heart breaking...🥀🥀🥀🥀

I absolutely detest anyone who does harm to Officers, Firies or Ambos...to do that they are the lowest of the low and should not be allowed to walk this earth....

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  shona1 @4.1.1    4 weeks ago

It's a bogus misstep by MAGAs to try and call people out for this one. After all, it's a wake. . .not a funeral. (There is still the possibility of that happening or not for the sitting president depending on his obligations this Saturday.) And, a news story today flatly stated the family of the slain officer REQUESTED Trump be there and so he is there for whatever his 'availability' is. Finally, 'somebody' above wrote and linked to an article about the "traffic hell" having the three presidents-one currently in office and two formers in the City and then blatantly mock the 'hell' for not making this officer's transitioning a FOUR president spectacle. 

Sigh. This is all too much sometimes. The amount of bull that demands an 'answer' is just. . . 'heartbreaking.' And we are all adults here who profess to be independent thinkers!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  shona1 @4.1.1    4 weeks ago

I absolutely detest anyone who does harm to Officers, Firies or Ambos...to do that they are the lowest of the low and should not be allowed to walk this earth....

100% agree! 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.4  CB  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.3    4 weeks ago

Wait! What is "firies" and "Ambos"?

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1.5  shona1  replied to  CB @4.1.4    4 weeks ago

Morning CB..

Firies are firemen

Ambos are ambulance people..

Sorry forgot again about our slang..we tend to abbreviate things and as it is everyday language think nothing of it..

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.6  CB  replied to  shona1 @4.1.5    4 weeks ago

Much appreciated! I was thinking "firies" meant "fairies" and "ambos" (something close to Spanish like "both). 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.7  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    4 weeks ago
Now explain why trump only showed up to NONE of 264 fallen officers deaths while he was POTUS? 

All 4 men were in New York city yesterday. All 4 could have made an appearance.

The three stooges arrived early in the day and the fundraiser was not until later in the evening. Nothing would have stopped them from going there, even for a few minutes.

I guess they just listened to the police association president "anti police politicians not welcome" and decided to take the hint.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bugsy @4.1.7    4 weeks ago

By the same token, how many funerals of first responders has Biden shown up to in his time in office? Two way street on that. I'd be willing to bet the answer would be none.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @4    4 weeks ago
This must be a democrat thing to not show their respect to fallen police officers

or military or US citizens in general.  But they'll damn sure step up for an illegal.

George
Junior Expert
5  George    4 weeks ago

Maybe Biden is afraid to go because people may think it is for him.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  George @5    4 weeks ago

Joe may think it was for him.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.1    4 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 weeks ago

Important update:

Gov. Kathy Hochul was filmed being confronted by an emotional mourner on her way out of a short visit to the wake for slain NYPD hero Jonathan Diller Friday afternoon – with bystanders applauding as she made her exit.

The unidentified man dressed in a black suit gestured firmly and was visibly agitated as he spoke to the Democratic lawmaker, according to footage of the incident.

The tense clash received support from a group of onlookers gathered outside the venue, who clapped as the mourner as the blank-faced governor shuffled back to her car.

Hochul — who had asked the NYPD, the NYPD Police Benevolent Association, and the Nassau County Police Benevolent Association ahead of time about attending — arrived at the Massapequa Funeral Home on Long Island for the second day of viewing around 1:45 p.m..

While at the emotional event, Hochul had an “animated” conversation with Diller’s  29-year-old widow, Stephanie, one witness told The Post.

“[It looked] like she was telling [Hochul] off,” they said of the tense exchange. “It didn’t look like the widow had a kind word to say.”

Hochul left immediately after that, the individual claimed.

Kathy Hochul leaves NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller's wake after confrontation (nypost.com)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    4 weeks ago

Kathy Hochul should have fired Letitia James and Alvin Bragg if she cared about New Yorkers or the NYPD.

BTW Letitia James wanted to do a eulogy at the funeral. The wife of officer Diller said REQUEST DENIED!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    4 weeks ago

Always the bearer of negativity if a democrat is involved and when a mole-hill needs to be escalated to mountain status.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    4 weeks ago

And in other insignificant 'cherry-picking' and possible 'staged' news happening on any given day in the U.S. . . . . One would get the impression that the democratic Governor of New York and the A.G. committed this horrendous death by their actions. Of course, that would be an outright lie, so better just to imply blame, I guess.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6.2    4 weeks ago
One would get the impression that the democratic Governor of New York and the A.G. committed this horrendous death by their actions.

Yes, one would.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.1    4 weeks ago

And MAGAs do nothing to allay it. As some conservatives are 'fond' of pointing out people with guns kill people: Arrest and prosecute  the shooter/criminal and leave the innocent trying to make a better society for all out of your negative attempts to exploit a tragedy!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6.2.2    4 weeks ago
a tragedy!

A very preventable one.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.3    4 weeks ago

Well, that is just silly, as MAGAs do not have any mechanism or method that stops stupid people from shooting other people.