╌>

Biden tells Howard Stern he's 'happy' to debate Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 weeks ago  •  39 comments

By:   David Rutz (Fox News)

Biden tells Howard Stern he's 'happy' to debate Trump
President Biden said Friday he would be "happy" to debate former President Trump during an interview with radio host Howard Stern.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

RNC Chair Michael Whatley tells 'America's Newsroom' that 'the contrast couldn't be bigger' between former President Trump's campaign and President Biden's.

President Biden said Friday he would be "happy" to debate former President Trump during an interview with radio host Howard Stern.

"I am, somewhere, I don't know when. I'm happy to debate him," Biden said, after Stern said he didn't know whether Biden would participate in a debate.

Biden's comments represent a shift from past remarks about possibly debating Trump. Last month, he told reporters it would depend "on his behavior."

Trump's campaign jumped at the news, with campaign adviser Chris LaCivita writing on X, "Ok, let's set it up!"

Trump quickly posted on Truth Social a challenge to Biden to debate him at the courthouse in New York, where he's currently on trial.

"Crooked Joe Biden just announced that he's willing to debate! Everyone knows he doesn't really mean it, but in case he does, I say, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, an old expression used by Fighters.

I suggest Monday Evening, Tuesday Evening, or Wednesday Evening at my Rally in Michigan, a State that he is in the process of destroying with his E.V. Mandate," Trump wrote.

"In the alternative, he's in New York City today, although probably doesn't know it, and so am I, stuck in one of the many Court cases that he instigated as ELECTION INTERFERENCE AGAINST A POLITICAL OPPONENT - A CONTINUING WITCH HUNT! It's the only way he thinks he can win. In fact, let's do the Debate at the Courthouse tonight - on National Television, I'll wait around!"

Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, had publicly pressured Biden to commit to debates. The Trump campaign called earlier this month for additional 2024 presidential debates and for them to take place "much earlier" than initially proposed by the debate commission.

Trump, who amid criticism skipped the Republican primary debates as he cruised to clinching the nomination, wrote last month on Truth Social that he would debate Biden any time.

"It is important, for the Good of our Country, that Joe Biden and I Debate Issues that are so vital to America, and the American People," Trump posted. "Therefore, I am calling for Debates, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANYPLACE! The Debates can be run by the Corrupt DNC, or their Subsidiary, the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD)."

Trump and Biden met for only two debates in 2020; it was the first time since 1996 that the major candidates didn't meet three times. One of the previously scheduled debates in 2020 was canceled after Trump tested positive for COVID-19 and refused to appear remotely.

Stern said he fantasized that Biden would call Trump out during their debate over his phone call with Georgia election officials in 2021 about finding votes for him in the state.

"That's the end of the debate. You don't get to run if you're going to fix an election," Stern said.

Biden replied by condemning Trump's actions around the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The Biden campaign didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

It appears that little boost Biden got from the State of the Union is gone.

Now it's on!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago
It appears that little boost Biden got from the State of the Union is gone.

Maybe when trump gets out of prison they can debate. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    2 weeks ago

Why bother with evidence, appeals, witnesses, or even a judge and jury? Just throw Trump in prison already!/S

That is the left's most fervent wish.

Brandon doesn't plan on debating Trump ever. He is too busy stuffing his face with ice cream, making statements his handlers have to walk back, and destroying this country.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    2 weeks ago
Why bother with evidence, appeals, witnesses, or even a judge and jury? Just throw Trump in prison already!/S

Remember when trump said if he won, he would throw Hillary in jail? But that was ok, right?  

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    2 weeks ago
Brandon doesn't plan on debating Trump ever.

Ok, but Biden said he would. Your obsession with this Brandon person is really kinda creepy. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

Kangaroo courts in the court of public opinion generally work that way. Forget fair trials with impartial juries based on real and factual evidence with credible witnesses.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    one week ago

Tell that to Brandon.

By the numbers:   "Dark Brandon" —   an online meme   that portrays the 80-year-old president as a two-steps-ahead Machiavelli — is driving the Biden campaign's merchandise sales. More than 54% of the store's total revenue is coming from Brandon-themed products, his re-election team told Axios.
  • The " Dark T-Shirt " and   "Dark Roast Mug"   are the best-selling products in the campaign's store, which offers 43 products, the campaign says.
  • There are eight Dark Brandon-themed products in the store, including a   crop top ,   stickers , and   white and navy baseball caps .
  • Those products alone have accounted for 44% of all store orders and driven nearly 76% of all clicks onto the website, per the campaign.

Also, I am not the topic of discussion.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    one week ago

Is the criminal Hillary Clinton in jail?

When was she put on trial?

Leftist' hypocrisy is showing through big time.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

The Biden pharmaceutical team must be working overtime to find the right cocktail to allow him to do this. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    2 weeks ago

There is no way Biden can handle a one-on-one debate with Trump. 

He can't articulate a coherent sentence even with a teleprompter, let alone off the top of his head!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3    2 weeks ago

Trump has misread teleprompters dozens of times. Dozens. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 weeks ago

Four more years. Pause 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 weeks ago

No comparison....  LOL!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    2 weeks ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    2 weeks ago

"they sacrifice every day for the furniture, and the future, of their children"

Donald Trump reading a teleprompter

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    one week ago

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2  arkpdx  replied to  Greg Jones @3    2 weeks ago

I hear they are exercising and training the Easter Bunny to be ready to hold off some of Biden's gaffs. It is impossible for any one entity to block them all. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.2    2 weeks ago

I hear they are exercising and training the Easter Bunny to be ready to hold off some of Biden's gaffs. It is impossible for any one entity to block them all. 

No worries, trump thinks Obama is in office anyway.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.2    2 weeks ago
Biden's gaffs.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.1    2 weeks ago

The Obama is acting- along with the number of Obama surrogates in Brandon's administration- he is.

The real PotUS came home and his administration and Democrats gave him a warm welcome back.

Brandon hadn't been a good boy; so was ignored.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.3    2 weeks ago

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.4    one week ago

Oh look a meme.

How original./S

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.5    one week ago

From the copy n’ paste crowd.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.7  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.5    one week ago

You're welcome...

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.2.7    one week ago

GL-m6jDbcAAltLE?format=jpg&name=900x900

George
Junior Expert
4  George    2 weeks ago

Everyone knows that Trump will be debating the moderators more than Biden, anything to protect senile joe.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5  GregTx    2 weeks ago

Trump needs to call him on it today, before he forgets he said it...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6  Drinker of the Wry    2 weeks ago

I’m surprised that Biden would go on the Stern show given his hatred of Palestinians.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6    2 weeks ago
given his hatred of Palestinians.

He said that....when? Got a direct quote? 

<crickets>

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    2 weeks ago

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.1    one week ago

I'm not seeing a quote by Biden saying he hates Palestine. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.2    one week ago

Of course not, but there are many quotes in those links about Howard Steern’s hatred.  Again, given Steern’s well know feelings, I’m surprised that Biden would go on his show.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7  Hal A. Lujah    2 weeks ago

I would pay money to not watch that.  I’ve seen Trump “debate”.  It’s just a nonstop, uneducated, juvenile tantrum.  He’d be made a fool of and he knows it, his tactic is to not let Biden get an educated word in edgewise by just ranting, interrupting, speaking over, and pretending he’s popular.  Why would anyone watch that garbage?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7    2 weeks ago

Trumps fandom conveniently forgets 2020, when Trump was judged to have given the worst presidential debate performance of all time. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.2  GregTx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7    2 weeks ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7    2 weeks ago

That's every time the fucking moron opens its' mouth.

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    one week ago

Foghorn Leghorn debates Mr. Magoo

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @8    one week ago

That will be interesting to see. One guy trying to get his point across and the other can't remember the question.jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1    one week ago

Unfortunately, we haven't had any real debates between candidates in years.

All they want to do is usually evade the questions and talk about their opponents.

Not worth watching IMO, and I can't believe the debates can sway voters.