╌>

How an Eagle changes, or dies... VIDEO!

Category:  Fields and Streams

Via:  dowser  •  9 years ago  •  16 comments

How an Eagle changes, or dies...  VIDEO!

This wonderful video was posted on Facebook by a childhood friend, that I haven't seen in 50+ years...

I found it to be magnificent and awe-inspiring!

I hope that you enjoy it, as well--

Thanks for coming by!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    9 years ago

I had no idea that eagles could live to be 70 years old, IF they are willing to undergo the suffering of such a major change!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Excellent video and message Dowser, just excellent.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I loved it, too! It hits home for all of us! Smile.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Great video showing the power and strength of the eagle.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    9 years ago

Dear Friend Dowser; Monday is Marathon Monday for me.

While I vigorously exercise at least four hours per day, on Mondays I hike a minimum of 8 and up to 12 hours straight on terrain featuring 50-70 degree inclines and steep ravines.

This painful process of change the Eagle undergoes reminds me to keep after ensuring my body and mind in my70's can bear burdens often thought too much for people half my age.

In order to be there for family, Congregants, community, people whorequest Pastoral Care, and various levels of government needing me for command and controlin mass casualtyemergenciesI need to be fit enough to do what is needed.

We all need to pitch in for humanity, those around us and do the best we can for as long as we are able. Anything less isn't right. Renewing ourselves by processes which are difficult pays off for humanity. That justifies it all.

Super video.

Sometimes we learn, others we have reinforced what we already know. Both are of great value.

Thanks for posting.

E.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    9 years ago

That sounds like overtraining even for a professional athlete in his twenties. You must take in a tremendous amount of calories.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Very true! Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Well, I know little about eagles, so it seemed to be a very nice story...

Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Thanks dear Enoch! It spoke to me...

Smile.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Love this video, Kavika!

Enoch
Masters Quiet

Dear Friend Dean Moriarty: I consume no more than 1,500 calories per day.

Think nutrient dense, calorie sparse. Every once counts.

Half of every plate is green leafy produce, fresh or steamed.

25% lean protein.

Remaining quarter whole ancient grains.

Trust me in this. When we surpass the big 70, we don't burn it off like we did in our 20's.

The National Incident Management System Command & Control demands in mass casualty situations require that we be ready to go around the clock for extended time frames without error.

Mass casualty means lots of people could perish rapidly unless appropriate intervention and correct spot decisions are correct and well implemented.

Similarly, as a Chaplain in Hospice and Palliative Care there are no do overs. We are either able to function alertly when others need us, or it is too late to do so.

In these matters, there is no such thing as over training.

The life of service is demanding. It is also necessary for the greater good.

We do what is needed, however hard.

Its the right course to take.

E.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    9 years ago

Thanks, I knew you took your fitness very seriously and I admire that. I'm big into fitness myself and have a hard time taking a day off even though I should.

You have a long time left to workout if you keep at it. I've become pretty good friends with an elderly couple that goes to my gym. He's 95 and she is 90 and they both are firm believers in fitness. She was in Auschwitz, Bremen, and Bergen-Belsen concentration campsduring WWII. Her name is Magda Herzberger and she's written several books on her experiences.

I've also met a few of the original 10th mountain division veterans that trained here at camp Hale and still ski here in Vail even though they're about 90 years old.

Enoch
Masters Quiet

Dear Friend Dean Morarity: Even though I finished up in ODA, I started and did most of my three tours out of Ft. Drum 10th Mountain Division. There is a special place in my heart for fellow 10 Mountain Division Vets; as for all who served.

On both sides of my family we lost relatives to the Holocaust, and wars against Israel.

In a perfect world, no one would lose their lives to senseless violence. We don't live in a perfect world.

In advanced age one reason I push myself is to be in a position to fight if needed to prevent evil from beating good. I wish it wouldn't be necessary at this late juncture in history. But it still is.

Better me than someone a fraction of my age. The young should be able to live in peace, and enjoy the sacrifices of others that they may know the joys of marriage, family, first jobs, homes, children, graduations engagements weddings etc.

Friend invitation sent.

Peace and Abundant Blessings to You and Yours.

E.