╌>

Obama Once Again Playing The Race Card: Announces New Racially Biased Initiative Aimed At Helping Only Troubled Black, Latino Youth

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  10 years ago  •  198 comments

Obama Once Again Playing The Race Card: Announces New Racially Biased Initiative Aimed At Helping Only Troubled Black, Latino Youth

"We all know that the only people Obama really wants to help are those that he considers to be his people. He has played the race card time and time again during his presidency. This time is certainly no different, as he announces one of the most incredibly racially biased programs ever put into place. Surrounded by a number of child props to tug on the heart strings of the audience, Obama claimed once again that he sees himself in the troubled black youth of today. He even said I got high. Not always thinking about the harm it could do. I didnt always take school as seriously as I should have.

This new program is called My Brothers Keeper and it is intended to strengthen the efforts in creating more opportunities for young black and Latino men. Of course Obama continued by explaining that the men and youth he is trying to help with this initiative are consistently doing worse and claimed that the odds are stacked against them. But never feel all you downtrodden, because our wonderful community organizer in chief is coming to the rescue. He is going to improve the conditions that are keeping black youth and young men imprisoned by society. "

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/obama-once-again-playing-the-race-card-announces-new-racially-biased-initiative-aimed-at-helping-only-troubled-black-latino-youth/?utm_source=Outbrain

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   seeder  1stwarrior    10 years ago

"Part of the problem here is that too many people actually believe that society is to blame for much our success or failure. Society is not imprisoning these kids and young adults. Instead, the predecessors (i.e. parents, grandparents, etc) and even Obama might actually be helping to limit their opportunities. They are likely to have turned out in exactly the way they have been labeled due to these factors and not simply society.

This type of legislation or initiative is both unneeded and disrespectful. Yet, this is what Obama does time after time. He takes an issue or problem and then turns it into a race problem. Is this how Obama tends to solve our problemsby making everything into an us against them type of situation? Yes, in case you were wondering, we (you and I) belong in the them group that are supposedly fighting to keep the minorities down. How ridiculous."

So, Native American kids, Asian kids, white kids aren't disadvantaged???

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Ya know, this is the fifth "initiative" that specifically identifies blacks and excludes everyone else.

Sad, really, really sad.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent
link   screminmimi    10 years ago

I saw this story two days ago and almost posted it, 1stwarrior. I was so disgusted and discouraged by the damn thing and knew that I would have nothing positive to say about it. Barak Obama is not a president that pulls this nation together, but a racist opportunist who has consistently used his position to drive the wedge of division deeper between the whites and the blacks.

He took the opportunity in this measure to group the Latinos with the blacks to keep the Hispanic bloc from feeling the sting of discrimination in favor of his people.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Need that voting block for the Dems - fer shure, fer shure.

'Member this one??? - White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    10 years ago
No troubled young women either I guess

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Or black women - something a number of black women's groups are complaining about.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    10 years ago

The author of this tripe is an example of the absolute form of partisan ignorance;

Race Card; Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or anti-racist attitudes by accusing others of racism. It alleges that someone has deliberately and falsely accused another person of being a racist in order to gain some sort of advantage

Sociologically and demographically, minority youth, especially black youth by far, comprise the largest most troublesome "at risk" group in the nation. The highest incarceration, the most most gun deaths, the highest per capita crime rate and the least education. They are costing society as a whole far more than the price of this program.

I have the highest level of contempt for hate mongers like Joseph R. Carducci.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Don't paint with a broad brush JR. In fact your comment re NA towards blacks on this forum is bullshit. If you knew anything about Indians, you'd know we are not monolithic. We each have our own opinion regarding most everything. You know JR, your stereotyping Indians.

Why don't you just change out Native Americans and use Whites.

Some Indians may actually have political differences with the President, and some don't. You know JR, just like the rest of America.

Your comment/speculation regarding why ''the NA's'' on this forum might have a belief that blacks get more attention, is simply you,speaking without thinking.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Spoken as someone who repeats unsubstantiated things he hears and comments on then without the benefits of all the facts behind them.

None of this has anything to do with handouts and unlike the GOP whom have shown a repeated prejudice, if not hatred, for blacks and Latinos, I have to give Obama credit for finally being proactive, if not late, in dealing with this festering problem.

The GOP's answer to this problem is more prisons which is unacceptable.

My Brothers Keeper -

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

You are a very confused man.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
  • Hardly, my clarity is based in fact; What's your excuse?

What clarity? (see - DunningKruger effect )

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Facts are facts because they can be be validated or verified. You have not done that. You post your opinions, which is a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The Cassandra metaphor occurs when valid warnings or concerns are dismissed or disbelieved.

As you have provided no facts to substantiate a "valid warning", your statements of opinion claiming one can be absolutely rejected without prejudice.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Something is wrong with your ning reader, it's a piece of shit anyways.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    10 years ago
there is no program that can help these disadvantaged youth and men if it does not start with addressing the core problem society is too accepting of children being raised without a father in the home, involved in their lives . obama and the government cannot, no matter how much money they throw at the problem, make up for the fact that too many kids grow up without the guidance they need. single mothers raising children from multiple baby daddies who do not support their kids is the biggest factor in whether these kids end up in poverty and jail.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
maybe they have not assimilated, as you say, bedause the government is determined to keep them seperated. those in power know they can be kept in power by people whose lives they control financially. it took a few generations to go from being too proud to accept handouts to being dependent on the government, but it is a reality now

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

I am a single mother of three who has raised her children with absolutely no patriarchal presence. They are loved, well cared for and are quite successful at school, my oldest being in college. However, I am white and am financially stable and successful.

Not all single mothers are as fortunate as I am but the lie about single mothers being drug addicts deliberately producing children to get more more welfare money is a standard part of the conservative rhetoric people accept without questioning.

To be blunt about it though, the problem is not only endemic but epidemic within the poverty ridden black community. There are many federal and state programs that are already successful in helping single moms. None however, address the problems of young black and Latino youth whom have almost been given up on.

Obama's program does just that. Societies solution of locking them up in jail is only making matters worse. These children need help desperately and I for one am glad our government is finally doing something about it.

palma
Freshman Silent
link   palma    10 years ago

children being raised without a father in the home, involved in their lives

There are many single mothers who successfully raise their children as there are many "normal" families who raise criminals. Just go to a shelter for abused women and hear their stories - and then reconsider the "father in the home" argument

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Post the facts yourself. If you don't know how, I can schedule a time here you can meet with my 12 year old who can explain it to you how it's done.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Which proves what? My response to jennilee was a parenthetical example, meaning apart from the main issue of Obama's program to help black youth. Even then, I used it as a rationale to support the "My Brothers Keeper" initiative Obama wishes to start.

Keeping on topic.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

I'll get the towel out John. Damn, I had actually thought and felt for a moment that you wouldn't revert to your typical, broken record of comments to denigrate the Indians - 'specially on NT.

Note - no white disadvantaged - where's your voice??

Note - no Asian disadvantaged - where's your voice??

But, you have no qualms about attacking Indians being disadvantaged.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

ATTACK - ATTACK - ATTACK!!!

Pathetic John. Talk the issue - the issue - the issue. Use that "experience" that you claim for having been on so many "mediation for equality" panels and quit ATTACKING a factual issue.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Oh, you mean the 57% of abortions in Georgia are for blacks - the ones without fathers, without guidance, without direction, on welfare, with "social phones"?? Nah - not a good example.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And, did you know John that there are large parts of the country, in every region, where blacks don't want to go and live, even today, The weather, lack of ability to make a living, social environment - all play an active part.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Aeon - to use a phrase you use on me - if you have nothing to contribute, don't post.

Thanks.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And your litany has what to do with the thread??? Where in your massive streak have you discussed Obama using his position to discriminate, openly, for Blacks and Latinos???

I'm waiting.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Sorry Aeon - is this your thread? I think palma's comment addresses jennilee's comment right well. Let them discuss their thoughts.Grin.gif

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

I wanted to save you the embarrassment of pointing out you misread the context of my reply to jennilee. Her argument in itself is non sequitur as my reply pointed out.

If you want to side track your own thread about the importance of a two parent household, have at it. However, that is not what I came here to discuss.

palma
Freshman Silent

Which proves what?

Not trying to prove anything, thought this was a place for debate not a tribunal.

And, actually, I was just endorsing what you said; if you couldn't see it, there's nothing I can do.

I raised my daughter on my own with little to no participation from my ex-husband and she turned out to be a fine young woman. I worked with shelters for abused women and heard their stories and saw the bruises and scars, so I can say I have the facts to support my statement

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

I misunderstood you. I apologize.

palma
Freshman Silent

OK

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

They should go into the slum neighborhoods and take the children under 17 away from their parents and put them into boarding schools where they should be taught how to speak and act properly. They should be educated on how to assimilate into proper society.

They should not have any contact with their slum/gangster families as it would be a setback to any progress they might have made. The really bright ones could be given a free ride to college and the others taught skills that would help them secure jobs in the current labor market, or offered the option of enlisting in the military.

Within a decade or so of this program we should see a drastic reduction in the crime statistics of blacks and in the Latino gangs.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

See how easy that was? That's what I was referring to.

Thanks.Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Has a real serious ring to "Boarding School" mentality .

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Sorry, 1stwarrior, I forgot to add the "sarcasm" tag. I posted it as sarcasm because of an earlier comment by John that "many urban blacks are not assimilated into the larger culture."

Well, how long do we have to wait for that? How much money do we, as a society, have to spend on that? How much do the other ethnicities and races have to continue to sacrifice for that? How many more special laws have to be passed to for that? How many more excuses have to be made for that?

That was the point of my sarcasm relating back to the Indians and boarding schools... and before anyone jumps my case, John was the one who dragged Indians into this, picking them out of whites and Asians, and even women.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

The black communities are going to have to resolve these issues/concerns. Society, as a whole, can't modify behaviour patterns that are inherent within an ethnic group - just ask the Indians.

The Spike Lee's of America are NOT helping the situation - nor are the Sharpton's or Jackson's.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

The black communities are going to have to resolve these issues/concerns. Society, as a whole, can't modify behaviour patterns that are inherent within an ethnic group - just ask the Indians.

That was my point. The Indians weren't assimilated because the government and society did not allow or want them to be and deliberately isolated them far away from dominant society and made up restrictive rules governing their behavior when they stepped off land parameters that prevented that assimilation, including their right to citizenship.

Blacks, as a people, have had many opportunities to make strides forward, and just seem to remain static or moving backward in spite of all that the government and numerous caring groups have done and still do to try and help.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

John - really, quite the opposite of your last paragraph should have been stated.

Blacks blame everyone except themselves for the situations/circumstances/sociatal norms they are in now. Many blacks do not have that mentality - they know that it is their abilities and desire that keeps them from being part of the pack. The desire and strive to be better - and they are.

Many blacks need to overcome their sense of "the other", the underdog, the downtrodden, the defenseless, the thug, the pimp (and there are white pimps also), the gangsta - etc. They have developed and enlarge their new "society" totally to the denigration of their own people. Larger society can't do more - the blacks who have placed themselves in the positions they are in need to reach down and grab their bootstraps and pull themselves out of the position they have placed themselves in society.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

" The entire premise of this thread is borderline nonsense ."

Amazing how you are the only one who thinks that - and it's also amazing that when you disagree with something - " The entire premise of this thread is borderline nonsense. "

Blinders John - blinders.Grin.gif

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Argument from ignorance - It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa) In this case, you saying; since you are not playing this game by my rules, I win.

Sowee.

In law, philosphy and informal discussion, those who make a claim or proposition also must substanciate with proof. As always, you fail.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Ain't you something else. You post a thread whining about an Obama program to help minority you and derail your own thread turning it into an ignorant bash on blacks.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Aeon - not to sure you're aware of good discussion techniques, one of which is to explore and present other positions so others may join the discussion - if they so wish. In my, and many others, opinion, most of the initiative that Obama is kissing up to could have and should have been handled at a lower lever, i.e. the community. Unfortunately our representatives in Congress, including the President, are of the opinion that if they throw money at it, give it a little bit of attention, all the problems will be solved - totally incorrect.

His initiative is not a program to "help minority" unless you, as so many others do, mistake black and latino as the only minorities in the United States. In essence, he has "dissed" the Asian, White, Pacific Island and Native American disadvantaged "minorities" by telling them that they are not worthy of the same opportunities black and latino minorities are.

I am so sorry you have such an affinity of judging other people without having any first hand knowledge of those people. If my response above is considered "an ignorant bash on blacks" by you - please, don't look in a mirror.

Thank you for your comment.

Kavika
Professor Principal

It seems to me that this article is about President Obama setting up program that only helps two minorities, Black and Hispanic. While I think that the program is good, I also have concerns that it only applies to two groups.

There are a number of other minorities in this country that could use the same help. That, to me is the crux of the matter/article.

Accusing someone of an ''ignorant bash on blacks'', isn't what I see in the comment. If anyone did any bashing, it was JR, and Indians are not part of the article. I would suggest Aeon, that if you want to ''bash'' someone, do it to all that deserve it, or don't do it at all.

Of course it's your choice, but then that leaves your comments open to ''bashing''.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

LBGT

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

Wow ... so Bams wants to help both George Zimmerman AND Trayvon Martin . Watta humanitarian ...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

If he had a son . . . . . . .

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    10 years ago

Helping specific groups and ignoring others is counterproductive in American society.

JoAnne Odel
Freshman Silent
link   JoAnne Odel    10 years ago

does this keeper of brothers realize his brother lives in a hut?

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

This text editor just erased my entire post and that is all I will tolerate. I will no longer post here until it gets fixed. See you in about month. If not fixed by then, hasta la vista.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

A likely excuse . Can't figure out to use a basic word processing package instead of the text editor ?

96WS6
Junior Quiet

How racist in favor of blacks can he be when he has sucked up to wall st and corporations for 5 years, which are almost entirely run by whites?

My gosh, me thinks John just admitted that Obama is a corporate shill. Why are you still so loyal to him John? Every once in a while you actually have a revelation in truth, try to run with it.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

For two weeks a glitch here has prevented me from placing any words in italics, so I've had to put all my important, sarcastic words in bold print instead.

I may just stop posting here, too. I love italics. The only way I can use the italic function is to place the entire paragraph in it, and that just spoils the effect of an important word to make it stand out. (sigh)

Kavika
Professor Principal

Have you advised Perrie, mimi?

Kavika
Professor Principal

Sounds to me like a ''temper tantrum''. I'm taking my marbles and going home.Smile.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal

And your comment JoAnne, applies to this article how?

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

It's no big deal, really. I haven't been home very much the last couple of weeks and I forget about it until I'm on the computer.

If it's only happening to me it's probably my computer.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

It's not hard to get the italic effect in HTML :

<i> This would get italicized</i>

If you do the above [while in HTML mode ] you get italics ...

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Thank you, Petey.Smile.gif

(You guys know that my threat to stop posting here was just a parody of Aeon's threat, right?)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

I wish people would tell me these things before there is an issue that becomes frustrating. That is what the report an issue button is for.

Kavika
Professor Principal

You know Justice, your not supposed to use IE (Indian Explorer) unless your a certified Indian.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

She is just tryin' to avoid answering my maddeningly simple questions ...

I'd miss you if you left S M ...6.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

There are large parts of my state, where I'm not welcome, either, and where I would not go to live or work. Somehow, I don't think it is unique to the state. It's all based on a seemingly very human desire to feel superior to others.

If people have work to do, and a living wage, they'll go to different places.

I'm sorry that Obama has targeted only one race-- it should be a program for all races.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Thank you for that, Petey!11.gif I would miss you, too.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Until you get checked out, DNA testing, and confirm it, no more IE for you my friend.Smile.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

The point of my comments - thanks Dennis.Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And a hovel?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

We have receive many examples of that from this administration Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Well said Dowser Grin.gif

Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty
Freshman Silent
link   Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty    10 years ago

Your clarity is based on innuendo, falsity, and pandering from others with your viewpoint. I am glad that you hew so closely to the same things that you claim as liberal weaknesses.

I could deconstruct your entire argument as a piece of hate based diatribe, but in the interest of brevity, I will just do one of your more outrageous statements.

To wit, here is the remark by AP to which you commented (note, I give the quote in its entirety so that the true context can be seen, rather than picking out the words to make them sound more pernicious):

None of this has anything to do with handouts and unlike the GOP whom have shown a repeated prejudice, if not hatred, for blacks and Latinos, I have to give Obama credit for finally being proactive, if not late, in dealing with this festering problem.

The GOP's answer to this problem is more prisons which is unacceptable.

To which you replied to the last sentence:

Yeah, because jailing violent criminals is such a waste of time, we should send them all to college instead, so they can rape and murder rich white girls, and let them see the results of stupid, feckless, brainless, Liberal policies, first hand, maybe grow up to be people with sense, instead of child-like emotional philosophies, that do nothing but grow the violent criminal class.

Oh, where to start.

Here is what you are saying with these two statements juxtaposed as they are:

The black and latino groups are comprised of violent criminals, who will rape and murder the "rich white girls" on campus because ... well, because, because not incarcerating them will grow the violent criminal class.

This is quite obviously Hyperbole.

I would call you an asshole, but the code of conduct or whatever it is called forbids it. I think that you know I mean that in the nicest way and that no one else would really understand, so I guess that I just have to go with asshole-like as a descriptor.

By the way, Mike, I would like to thank you for conforming to the policies of arguments that you say liberals use. It was informative as to your own ways of argumentation.

Peace.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%
What percentage of them are male 6.23%
What percentage of crime in America are they responsible 68.2%

Freshman Silent

As far as I can tell, really hard part is figuring out what issues are real and which ones are just smoke and mirrors, and after that, deciding which issues we should deal with from a proactive rather than reactive stance.

Hell, we can't even agree most of the time what the real issue is, much less do anything about it.

In this case, the discussion is about certain programs aimed at helping certain portions of society, specifically young black and latino males, with the presumption that doing so will help decrease the amount of crime within that population.

Thank you 1st Warrior for the statistics.

Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%
What percentage of them are male 6.23%
What percentage of crime in America are they responsible 68.2%

Now, What do they mean?

On the first approximation, the stats mean that blacks are incarcerated at a rate disproportionate to their numbers. I could not locate those same statistics on the crime percentage, but I could locate the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports for 2011 Arrests, Table 43 .

According to this table of arrests, the total arrest distribution breaks down as follows : Whites, 69.2 %; Blacks, 28.4%; Indigenous Peoples, 1.5%; all other groups, 0.9%. (They don't keep track of the convictions resulting from these arrests. To find that you have to wander through a whole different maze.)

These stats from Table 43 seem to be more inline with the population distribution, though still skewed towards people of color.

Again, what does all of this mean? We have a population here in the United States that is arrested and presumably incarcerated at a higher rate than the population at large, and quite interestingly, the below 18 contingent is arrested for violent crime at an even higher rate.

The question then arises: Why are black people arrested at a higher rate than the white population? Presumably because they commit more crimes, but that again begs the question of why do they commit more crimes?

Related to that question is the question of are the crimes that black people commit and get arrested for actually as disproportionate as the arrest records seem to indicate, or are they also the result of some other metrics such as police force allocation and racial profiling ?

It should be apparent by now that these questions are not easily answered, even with a great amount of data at our fingertips. As such data is readily available, we should be vigilant that people pushing a specific view point do not skew these facts to try and paint a picture that they want you to see, but is a distortion of the truth. I include all politicians in this group, until shown otherwise.

Peace

Freshman Silent

Here is an interesting meta study I ran across from 2005, by The Sentencing Project , a national non-profit organization engaged in research and advocacy on criminal justice policy issues . Link

From that study:

• Young, black and Latino males (especially if unemployed) are subject to particularly harsh sentencing compared to other offender populations;
  • Black and Latino defendants are disadvantaged compared to whites with regard to legal-process related factors such as the trial penalty, sentence reductions for substantial assistance, criminal history, pretrial detention, and type of attorney;
  • Black defendants convicted of harming white victims suffer harsher penalties than blacks who commit crimes against other blacks or white defendants who harm whites;
  • Black and Latino defendants tend to be sentenced more severely than comparably situated white defendants for less serious crimes, especially drug and property crimes.

Studies that examine death-penalty cases have generally found that:

• In the vast majority of cases, if the murder victim is white, the defendant is morelikely to receive a death sentence;
  • In a few jurisdictions, notably the federal system, minority defendants (especiallyblacks) are more likely to receive a death sentence.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Excellent info Brolly - in your second thread, you should have also listed that the Native Americans receive higher penalties for long periods of time that do the Blacks and Latinos - but, I'll save that for another discussion.Grin.gif

The point still being - you can't throw money at the problem - you have to throw society at it for each and every neighborhood, not just the black and latino.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

If gun toting, red-neck, Southern white Christians were killing at the rate that 16-25 year old black males are, you'd be beside yourself with rage.

Permalink Reply by Justice For Trayvon&Jordon 22 hours ago

Well it's not like they're not trying? Perhaps the rednecks are just incompetent idiots?

Well, just caught this post and reply and can't let it go... JT, my friend, gun-toting Southern rednecks, be they Christians or not, idiots or not, are NOT incompetent when it comes to their guns. You may sometimes read about a few drunks shooting themselves, or a careless few here or there leaving a hunting rifle where their dog can pull the trigger...

but I promise you, if gun-toting Southern rednecks, be they Christians or not, idiots or not, decided to go on the rampaging killing sprees that the 16-25 year old black males are, you and the rest of the country would know about it right quick, and unlike the Yankee part of the US where it has all been left to the local authorities, there would be National Guard and probably private contractor snipers called in to take care of it, because when the good ol' boys start shootin' they don't miss.

They make every bullet count.

It's strange that you call Southern white boys "idiots" because they haven't taken to mass killings in the way that black gangs have. It sounds as though you want them to start, JT, just so you can have something to throw in the faces of whites, and that's kind of sad.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

If they only knew mimi - if they only knew.Grin.gif

Freshman Silent

I say you have your cause and effect not necessarily related by cause and effect. But don't let that stop you. If nothing else it is entertaining.

You have almost your whole response under the guise of explaining or answering my question Why do they commit more crimes?

"Blacks were brought here as slaves, and denied any type of education for generations, and were actually bred by slave owners to be stupid and strong. Nobody denies this."

So blacks have had the smarts bread out of them? I think that you may want to re-examine this. Or I may be just misinterpreting what you are saying....

"Also, even after slavery ended, the Klan went around and killed many of the black males that stood-up, spoke-out, or stood-out.

That decimated the black population."

Unless you look at the actual populations (according to the US Census Bureau ) and then you see that the black population has remained consistently around 10-12 percent of the entire population of the US since 1870.

"Then, decades of segregation, and un-equal but separate educational systems."

Still no reason/answer to my question, but at least you got something factual on the page.

I am tired and going to bed. Not sure when I will get back to this.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Thanks for your message. I assumed you were already aware of nings coding and server problems which are behind the text editor and other related problems.

Your site loads with no problem, to wit;

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: thenewstalkers.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Connection: close
Finding host IP address...
Host IP address = 208.82.16.68
Finding TCP protocol...
Binding to local socket...
Connecting to host...
Sending request...
Waiting for response...
Receiving Header:
HTTP/1.1200OK(CR)(LF)
Date:Sat,08Mar201405:51:39GMT(CR)(LF)
Server:NingHTTPServer2.0(CR)(LF)
Connection:close(CR)(LF)
Expires:Thu,01Jan197000:00:00GMT(CR)(LF)
Set-Cookie:xn_visitor=fb29ed7d-9d0c-4635-9cbf-6196e95adf28;Path=/;Domain=.thenewstalkers.com;Expires=Tue,05-Mar-2405:51:39GMT(CR)(LF)
Set-Cookie:ning_session=B/JdYMVCVqlAYUdmrb9V5Bovb5U/3x0hxoN9hOtLamnFufqSgmAvWf7ywFFX5kl/n5q2tKZt+DQ=;Path=/;Domain=.thenewstalkers.com;Expires=Sat,08-Mar-1406:51:39GMT(CR)(LF)
X-XN-Trace-Token:f4545294-2c6e-4663-a43f-58d8482ee0e1(CR)(LF)
X-XN-XNHTML:false(CR)(LF)
Date:Sat,08Mar201405:48:01GMT(CR)(LF)
Date:Sat,08Mar201405:48:01GMT(CR)(LF)
Vary:X-XN_APPLICATION(CR)(LF)
P3P:CP="UNISTALOCCURaOURaCORALLIND"(CR)(LF)
Expires:Thu,01Jan197000:00:00GMT(CR)(LF)
Last-Modified:Sat,08Mar201405:48:02UTC(CR)(LF)
CACHE-CONTROL:max-age=0(CR)(LF)
CACHE-CONTROL:no-cache="Set-Cookie"(CR)(LF)
Content-Type:text/html;charset=utf-8(CR)(LF)
Content-Length:188249(CR)(LF)
(CR)(LF)
End of Header (Length = 882)
Elapsed time so far: 0 seconds
Waiting for additional response until connection closes...
Total bytes received = 189131
Elapsed time so far: 0 seconds

FYI only - One other thing I noticed though. For years now Ive gotten in the habit of monitoring and analyzing everything that attempts to enter and leave my computer via different IP ports. I noticed about 3 weeks ago that ning has quadrupled (16 to about 64) the amount of analytic, advertising, tracking, social and content cookies, widgets and related java script. These are benign programs or elements so AV and AM software let them through.

I routinely block these advertising, analytic, tracing/tracking and social contact elements with a firefox addon I have, leaving most content elements as they are required for onsite navigation and function. After experimentation (turning off the program), I noticed that the text problems still existed.

I would like to be corrected if Im wrong, but it is these elements ning is attempting to force into their already error prone coding that is again, corrupting the text editor, which is the one vital component for effective communication.

Sorry to side track this thread.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    10 years ago

Forget it Scremminmini......

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Nah - just slower than hell.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Most of the "whites" down here are mixed with Indian blood, you know..

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Hee hee hee - that oughta piss'm off.Grin.gif

Freshman Silent

That's a good one Mike.

I especially like this one,"I gave you a great opportunity to get into the facts, and you avoided it once again."

I amreallysorry that I have to get up in the morning and go to work because then I can't stay home and build arguments to refute all of your bare assertions, but such is life and one must sleep sometime.

You Said: "That decimated the black population."

If a population is decimated, that usually means that great numbers of them have died, that is what thesentenceyou typed means. AsI showed, it is not true that the blackpopulationwas decimated.

You also said: "All these are historical facts, and as far as I know, all are accepted by most people that care to know the truth."

You made the claim, I looked into it, and it turned out to be false. Since you are wrong on something soverifiable as population, the rest of your assertions of fact are in question, and need to be verified, also.This verification is what I was doing when I said, "Fuck It! I am tired. I'm going to bed."

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Mike - I think that'd be great if you and Brolly started another thread to finish/add to this discussion.

Looking forward to it.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

"It is troubling to see a somewhat constant stance of hostility, on this forum from Native Americans toward blacks"...and Latinos.

If the Native Americans on this site are anywhere near a good cross segment of Native Americans throughout the US, my opinion of them has changed. Such hateful and prejudicial statements are disgusting.

Kavika
Professor Principal

If Native Americans whiteson this site are anywhere near a good cross segment of Native Americans whites throughout the US, My opinion of them has changed. Such hateful and prejudicial statements are disgusting.

There, fixed it for you Aeon. Your broad brush BS, mirrors that of JR.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

It's probably the same type of disgust I feel when I read the hateful and prejudicial statements on the political sites from the blacks and Latinos toward any race or ethnic group not their own, in spite of the fact that both groups would not have made the tremendous strides they have without the support of whites.

And the wheel turns round and round..

Chloe
Freshman Silent
link   Chloe    10 years ago

Barak Obama is not a president that pulls this nation together, but a racist opportunist who has consistently used his position to drive the wedge of division deeper between the whites and the blacks.

Agreed, mimi. He or his Party have removed most of his news videos from '07, but he ( and Hilary) was very explicit back then that people of color, especially groups that he felt were prejudiced financially (eg - Black Farmers ) would get more funding. "Used his position" for favoritism and it just brings his hypocrisy and hate to the surface---causing further division as you say.

Nice to read that you and 1st Warrior 'see' it.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Really John, I paint with a broad brush and denigrate blacks? You're full of shit, as usual. So because you may have seen some Native Americas, do,what you think is denigrating blacks, that means that all NA's on NT are guilty?

How arrogant of you, just as I said before, your stereotyping JR. Typical of you and your lack of knowledge of anything other then white.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

As usual Aeon, this must have gone over your head.

The thread is about why - why - why does our Leader-in-Chief initiate a program for only two "disadvantaged" portions of the population when there are many more disadvantaged personswho should also receive that benefit.

Try reading comprehensively instead of contemptuously.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Damn good information - how/what program are you using to block those being pushed??? Seriously.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Why don't you use simple, direct and meaningful words - instead of innuendos - to say what you mean? Maybe others might actually grasp what you're attempting to say and explain - just a thought.Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

John - Screamin' explained that to you and to NT on a thread 'bout a month ago. It was an in-depth explanation. Unfortunately the thread didn't draw much attention 'cause - well, the truth is hard to argue with.

Why don't you take it up with 'mimi - I'm sure she'll be glad to explain it to you - again.

Kavika
Professor Principal

''There really is no point in trying to discuss these things with you guys''...You, once again proved my point, stereotype much!!!

And no, you weren't simply asking anything. Go back and read your own comment. Typical of you John.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

There are a lot a whites I feel the same way about but I don't talk about them in terms of killing them nor denigrating them to a less than human level.

I suppose If I took the time and gathered all the quotes here from the NA group I could make a real strong case as there is more than enough evidence but the effort is not worth it.

You and your group have painted yourself in a corner as an intolerant hate group. Deal with it.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

No, this thread is what you want it to mean, which in your case feeds into your already prejudicial dispositions. I see it as a whine with little or no substantiation other than circumstantial appealing to those already convinced that blacks are less than human. You read into it what you want.

I've already stated that this thread is headed by an opinion article based on ideological and emotional prejudice. You have said absolutely nothing other than feed into that vulgar mindset.

Spare me your empty platitudes.

Kavika
Professor Principal

I suggest that you do take the time to find a quote from me that advocates killing anyone, or denigrating them to a less then human level. You really need to back up your accusations, or you'll be called a liar.

No Aeon, me and my group have not painted ourselves into any corner as a hate group. Another comment that you should back up, or again you'll be a liar again.

It's in your mind. Deal with it.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

Seems like this 'race' issue is always there with every President..sure, every race/group is going to favor their circle as well as their appointees. Can we reverse it to have 'people' be the focus, instead of race or cultural group ? If we could, then we could focus on what is best for everyone, not a special interest group. Does the race or gender of the president [or, the position itself] have more 'clout' than Congress in budget spending? I thought Congress [ie, the 2011 Budget Act].

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Here, too, mimi...

Which is a lot of the reason that I'm so clueless about some things. Here, just about all of us are a part-something... Smile.gif

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    10 years ago

Burden of proof?

Burden of proof can define the duty placed upon a party to prove or disprove a disputed fact

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition.

Shifting the burden of proof, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

As spoken by head hatest of them all - thank you, thank you very much.

Not my group - I speak as an individual so any opinion I espouse is mine.

I must be somewhat tolerant - you're still posting rants instead of discussions on the thread.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Quit posting and reading and you will not have to put up with anything. Seems fair to me.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

Most of the "whites" down here are mixed with Indian blood, you know..

I didn't know, mimi. Thanks!

There isn't much discussion about race and culture where I am...not referring to the state so much, but general districting. Plus, with all of the cultural clashes/problems there have been here, the schools seem to focus on making everyone feel just as important as anyone else..I never had any cultural 'spotlighting.' ..Probably why I tend to see all of us as 'people,' not races or ethnicities... or religious factions, or groups of people and their heritages as 'better'--different in many ways - but not better. As a result, many of the Millenials view themselves as part of a different culture, it seems.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

I heard a rumor that she and I are brothers and sisters - different mothers, different fathers, different century - but still related.117.gif 35.gif 35.gif

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

Aeon, that simply isn't true. I am as white as a guy can get and I am a member of that group. It is not a hate group and no one has advocated the killing of anyone. You are wrong.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    10 years ago

And I am Italianand a proud member of this wonderful group of which you know nothing. How dare you say these things about this group when you don't know what anything about us!!

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Robert, I believe he did indeed specifically mention blacks and Latinos in this initiative. Specifically. Blacks and Latinos.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

I am challenging anyone to copy and paste a quote from anyone in "our group" who has ever said blacks were less than human.

It is a lie. We have in fact said that there exists documents in the Vatican stating that the natives of the New World, meaning Indians, are not human, and that the attitude appears to persist in some people even today.

Good grief, I wanted to marry Sidney Poitier when I was 16!

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Brolly,

The word "decimate" actually means to kill every tenth soldier in a regiment.

It is now used to mean many different things including to "ruin," so Sblr was not incorrect inthe context in which he applied it.

Kavika
Professor Principal

John, what is your point, ''you think'', I think there is plenty of prejudice against Indians on here, ''you think''. How about the prejudice on here by white against blacks.

Wake up and smell the roses.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Chloe,

We are mixed with Indian, black, Hispanic, French... it wasn't anything people talked about much around here either. It wasn't until I lived in Boston that I heard a lot of talk about where people "came from" and it occurred to me that the Mayflower must have been as big as the state of Texas for all those folks to have fit on it.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

We have in fact said that there exists documents in the Vatican stating that the natives of the New World, meaning Indians, are not human, and that the attitude appears to persist in some people even today.

I believe your interpretation could be just as correct as anyone else's, mimi; words have contextual meaning in sentences and paragraphs, not individual--so I would have to read something as a whole document to get the meaning. It's all perceptual anyway, even if we do have the whole thing.To show you what I mean--" the natives of the New World" doesn't imply Natives as in Indian populations/cultures to me at all (and we're usually on the same brain wave:). The New World, to me, means the "Digital Age..way past post-modern. I think those few words might mean to imply a gamut of issues by the Vatican. From corporate corruption, to the demoralizing of the youth, to the loss of ancient Greek and Roman Catholic western cultural freedoms. ..Maybe. But, I'd have to read the context to form an opinion.

Nona62
Professor Silent

4762_discussions.jpg For AeonPax . ..

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
gary_1.jpg Gary N. Gray
Native Americans were a part of The Underground Railroad

A few weeks ago Americans and Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving. Both countries gave thanks for living, both countries gave thanks for our loving families, and just being with our great friends. As African Americans we should also give thanks to our Native American Brothers and sisters for keeping our culture alive in the days of turbulence in the early years in American. Native Americans are considered to be the other Underground Railroad: they would spirit away slaves running to freedom much like Harriet Tubman, the female Black Moses. The biggest effort came from the Seminole tribe in Southwest Florida. This tribe became known as FREEDOM TRAIN SOUTH. American Black Slaves would travel through the states of North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama escaping to freedom in the Free State of what we now know as Florida.

Native American Indians saved numerous African American slaves by giving them shelter in the time of need. There were many other Native American tribes on the Northeast Coast that assisted in many escapes to freedom--Cherokee, Shawnee, Chickasaw, Blackfoot, (Delaware-Lenni-Lenape), Illinois, Indiana, Seminoles were involved in this humanitarian effort.

These tribes helped to save many slaves from being captured by Southern Slave Catchers, the United States Army, and local law enforcement. Many slaves lived, loved, and worked with the Seminole tribe and never returned to the American life of slavery. This also happened in the north where Native Americans worked together with Harriet Tubman's Underground Railroad to their final destination of Canada.

Many southern Blacks are descendants of the Seminole Tribe. They are the largest cross culture group of African American-Native American Indians. They intermarried freely and raised their children on the reservation. Most of them adopted the culture of the native Seminole. They adopted the Seminole Language, clothes, food and spiritual life.

This also happened in the north; my family, on my mother's side, could be a classic example of this cross culture exchange. Our family may be part of the Lenni-Lenape Indian tribe. We are still searching the New Jersey records for proof of this.

The Lenni-Lenape (pronounced lun-NAH-pay) is also known as the Delaware Tribe because the English and Dutch could not pronounce Lenape correctly. This small tribe roamed New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Most Lenape Indians lived west of the Hudson River, west of the current New York City, and spanned the south of the current city of Philadelphia. We now call that section the Northeast Corridor.

The Lenape tribe had three sub-groups in North Jersey. Most of them were called MINISI or stony country people. In the Central Jersey region were the UNAMI or down river people, and, last, you have the UNILACHIGO or people who live near the ocean. This group could be my ancestors because my grandparents lived near the ocean in southern New Jersey.

My ancestors were mainly farmers and wild game hunters. These intelligent men and woman taught the British and Dutch how to irrigate the Jersey farmlands with a water drainage system and the present day systems to prevent sediment deposits and erosion, which could cause landslides. They also happened to be the first farmers to use crop rotation, which southern plantation owners used in the 1800's. This same crop rotation is still used today in many farmlands throughout America. The Lenni-Lenape tribe would follow the ducks and geese in the fall, traveling south to the Delaware-Maryland boarders for the winter. Then in the spring, just like their fine-feathered friends, they too would return to the North and Central Jersey for the summer. On their way north, they would pick up runaway slaves and carry them to Burlington City. Burlington City is the town that I grew up in, and it is also where Harriet Tubman's Underground Railroad would take them to Philadelphia and points north. There our Native American brothers and sisters were a freedom train for us.

Maybe some African Americans should go to a pow-wow, (Native American get together) and we should enjoy the many colorful head dresses and foods. Maybe we should listen to the Native Americans drums as African Americans forefathers did. Yes, even join in what they call STOMP DANCING, a favorite of all tribes. Each person has a different way of performing this dance. I have witnessed this many times in Berkeley, California and in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Maybe we should consider joining in the Native game of PAHSAHEMAW or as we know it, soccer. In their game man and woman play together but the rules are different. The men cannot use their hands to touch the ball meanwhile, the women can touch the ball with their arms, legs, hands, and whatever they are inclined to do. However, the men cannot tackle or even touch the women. That's a great advantage to the females of the tribe. This seems to be a fun game where everybody can play.

Maybe we should all give thanks to our Native American brothers and sisters for helping to free so many of our ancestors. Maybe African Americans should also try to help our struggling Native American brothers and sisters. Maybe we should tell them that we have not forgotten them, that we love and thank them for their brave historical courage, pride, and contribution to the Black community.

THAT IS THE GRAY LINE

Chloe
Freshman Silent

and it occurred to me that the Mayflower must have been as big as the state of Texas for all those folks to have fit on it.

LoL!

It was on NV that I learned so many French Canadians moved to the south eastern states (Mike in Ga. told me a lot). Other than the wars, there wasn't much focus on the south here; I knew nothing of their culture. In fact, I didn't know which states were the "Bible Belt." :) Not a term used here. I think your area's general mix is interesting.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Did you ever study the poem "Evangeline" by Longfellow when you were in school, Chloe?

Thisistheforestprimeval.Themurmuringpinesandthehemlocks,
Beardedwithmoss,andingarmentsgreen,indistinctinthetwilight,
StandlikeDruidsofeld,withvoicessadandprophetic,
Standlikeharpershoar,withbeardsthatrestontheirbosoms.
Loudfromitsrockycaverns,thedeep-voicedneighboringocean
Speaks,andinaccentsdisconsolateanswersthewailoftheforest.

The poem tells the story of the Acadian people, the French speaking people of Nova Scotia who were rounded up and shipped out by the British. They were shoved onto ships without regard to keeping families together and scattered up and down the continent. The poem is based on the true story of a young bride who was separated from her husband on their wedding day and who searched for him for years, finding him on his death bed when they were both in their old age.

Briefly, here is the story of the Acadians, as I know of your interest in facts:

The French began to settle Acadie, modern-day Nova Scotia, in 1604. For the next 150 years, they cultivated the land, maintained a friendly relationship with the native Micmac Indians, and remained neutral in the ongoing conflicts between the French and the English. By the mid-18th century, there were 12,000 to 18,000 Acadians. In 1755 when these British subjects refused to take up arms against the French, they were exiled from their lands, in what the Acadians call "Le Grand Drangement." The Acadians were scattered far and wide. Many eventually ended up in Louisiana where they formed the basis of the Cajun culture.

So as you can see, we are indeed a mixture of ethnicities and cultures in the South.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

Mimi, thank you! That was so nice!

I haven't read much Longfellow, and I will study this poem. How interesting to learn they formed the origins of Cajun culture. And, how sad to have had those separations, especially those separated as in the poem.

Kavika
Professor Principal

As always John, your blinders are working well for you.

So we're a clique once again, because your called out on your comments. Nice try, but no cigar.

You don't bother with NA article...Now that's a good one, since you always have to get your 2 cents in on most articles re NA's. You've spouted that same old line on many occasions, but yet, here you are.

Any deviation will be attacked. Now that is the kettle calling the pot black.Have you even read your own responses to articles on NT? If anyone, white, black, red, yellow, conservative, green, says anything that is not what you believe it to be, you attack them.

In addition to being full of bullshit, you have a problem telling the truth.

It would be a pleasant surprise if I didn't see your avatar pop up on NA articles. What you accuse us of doing, is your main defense when you disagree with a comment on your articles.

Please John, keep your word, if that's possible, and stay off NA articles.

Kavika
Professor Principal

''Well for starters, genius'' Thank you John, I'm happy that you accept the fact that I'm far more intelligent then a washout like you. Your making progress.

As for the rest of your comment. We don't ''circle the wagons'', that's what non Indians do, and your a perfect example of it.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

The Native Americans group here primarily represents an educational outlet of information on the history and cultural on the first people here. To that extent, it serves a noble and worthwhile endeavor.

When members of the group steps outside that paradigm and voice opinions that can logically be decerned as prejudicial, hurtful and harmful, they forfeit the honor the represent and become, in the colloquial sense, a hate group.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Aeon - you've voiced you opinion about a group - how 'bout getting back on topic.

If you don't like the group, which obviously you don't- don't read their threads.

Kavika
Professor Principal

''When members of the group steps outside that paradigm and voice opinions that can logically be decerned as prejudicial, hurtful and harmful, they forfeit the honor the represent and become, in the colloquial sense, a hate group.''

So now, if we ''step out of that paradigm and voice an opinion, we are a hate group. How very white of you Aeon.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

Try reading yourself. I have already voiced my opinion on this issue. Black youth, especially males, represent the greatest "at risk" in our societal structure. They disproportionately have the highest criminal arrest, conviction and incarceration rate....the highest school dropout rate and the drug usage rate.

It behooves any rational, intelligent and compassionate leader to attempt to help these people as opposed to abandoning them as especially the right wants to do.

It was in a parable that Jesus that stated; "Which of you men, if you had one hundred sheep, and lost one of them, wouldn't leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one that was lost, until he found it?"

The black youth are that lost sheep and devoting time, effort and money to help them is compassion and love personified.

This simple concept appears to be alien to the NA's here.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Absolutely wonderful mimi - thanks.Smile.gif

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

I am equally dismayed at your absolute lack of compassion and concerned for your fellow human.

It appears that there is a silent undercurrent of jealously within your post. First off, you represent no other group than your own and in your list list of minorities "Asian, White, Pacific Island and Native American" (whites are NOT a minority) you conveniently left out Latino's which are minority here.

Your obvious dislike or hatred of blacks and Latino's shows up predominantly.

I don't judge as much as I accuse and I accuse you and your group of blatant racial prejudice.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Aeon - I'm going to ask you, one more time, nicely, to get off this thread. Your disillusionment with life and Indians is overwhelming and you have nothing to add to the conversation.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And they are just getting worse Frown.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And BS - thanks my friend, time to get back to the purpose of the thread Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Plus forgetting that he is also a "white" President - by birth and by office.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Great thread Perrie - luv the history.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent

I see I have hit home with my accusations and you were the one who took your own thread off course.

There will be other occasions to point out and prove the gross hypocrisy of what you and your group represent.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And the Latino youth - and the Indian youth - and the Asian youth - and the Pacific Islander youth - and the white youth. Oh, yeah - forgot about those, eh?

And, no, the Blacks don't have the disproportionately highest rates. Try reading the FBI/DOJ stats and you'll find that the Indians have the higher rates - .

Crap, I forgot - can't confuse your mind with facts - sorry.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Aeon - get on topic or get off the thread. Last time.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Black youth, especially males, represent the greatest "at risk" in our societal structure. They disproportionately have the highest criminal arrest, conviction and incarceration rate....the highest school dropout rate and the drug usage rate.

Not quite the reality; black and white youth use drugs at approximately the same frequency and volume; BUT BLACK YOUTH ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY CONVICTED OF CRIMES FOR WHICH WHITES ARE EXONERATED!

That's the reality.

A similar phenomenon -- only 3% of blacks who shoot whites are exonerated under "Stand Your Ground" statutes, WHILE 36% OF WHITES WHO SHOOT BLACKS AND CITE SYG AS A DEFENSE, ARE EXONERATED.

Reality.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

We call that a dixit sir.

As in

I wish I was in the land of DIXIT

F'd up laws there need a fixit

Look away, look away, look away

Willful blind.

A. Macarthur & Daniel Decatur Emmett

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Aeon,

First as admin, I am responsible for all the groups within NT. My contract with Ning states, that hate groups are grounds for closing the site. You may read the more about that in the Terms of Service, link provided at the bottom of the page.

To that end, I know as a fact, that Anishinaabe is NOT a hate group. You might have issue with some of the members, but do not call them a hate group. It is a gross misrepresentation of a racially and religiously diverse group.

Second, since we do not have a delete button that the author can use, at this point, please do not post on this article anymore.
John you are inciting. Knock it off.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
  • First as admin, I am responsible for all the groups within NT. My contract with Ning states, that hate groups are grounds for closing the site. You may read the more about that in the Terms of Service, link provided at the bottom of the page.

My use of the term "hate group" was hyperbolic. That was not a formal accusation. Pity that escaped you.

• To that end, I know as a fact, that Anishinaabe is NOT a hate group.

Irrelevant as no formal accusations were filed. There is no violation of the Terms of Condition of Use here.

• You might have issue with some of the members, but do not call them a hate group. It is a gross misrepresentation of a racially and religiously diverse group.

You do not have any control or say over the nuances and myriad uses of the English language. Overstating something to convey an effect, is a legitimate use of the English language. Your literal use of the TOC as a guide to what you consider to be appropriate use of the English language, is in error.

• Second, since we do not have a delete button that the author can use, at this point, please do not post on this article anymore.

Were you as diligent as to do this to ALL threads where people become confrontational, I might call your actions fair and just. But you do not and therefore, are showing a blatant bias with this particular group. Nonetheless, I will leave.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

"Your obvious dislike or hatred of blacks and Latino's shows up predominantly.

I don't judge as much as I accuse and I accuse you and your group of blatant racial prejudice."

Please show me the "added perspective" John. Show me how and where that statement is an "added perspective" to the topic of this thread.

Her perspective and yours John is always against anything dealing with Indians. On a serious note, why don't the two of you start your own club/group/organization/website since you both seem to espouse the same thing using the same words - "You people". That is racist - purely racist as you, yourself, have stated many times on other threads.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Yes, I see, as long as we stay in our place we are accepted and tolerated.

But voice an opinion...

Kavika, perhaps you should seed that article about the Indian insane asylum here... you know, the only insane asylum in the history of the US ever dedicated to a specific race, where Indians were sent not because they were necessarily insane but because they voiced opinions about the broken treaties or about the way they were treated by society.

Perhaps Aeon can identify with it.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Luv it A Mac.Grin.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I don't think Aeon gets the issue . Obama's job is to be prez of ALL the people . By emphasizing help for only one [or 2 ] groups he is neglecting others . One group is the main squeaky wheel . The other is merely an attempt to grab easy votes in the next election . That's just pandering .

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Thank you Petey - that is exactlythe point that I keep on trying to make but keep getting sidetracked by the derailing attempts.

96WS6
Junior Quiet

There are ways to structure a program to target your intended recipient without bringing race into it. The program should have targets of certain income ranges among other things. This would help all the troubled youth that need it, not just a certain race of troubled youth. Targeting a race for a program like this is just as racist as targeting a race for ill purposes. The way this program is writtenpromotes segregation, and why should ANY group get special privileges based on race? Let's face it, if this was a program that only helped troubled white youthseveryone would be calling it racist. Wellguess what, racism is racism regardless who it is for or against.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

Aeon, if you comprehended what you read you would realize the reason Latinos were left out is because Obama included them along with blacks in this initiative.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Yes'sir, and that is exactly the point that I've been attempting to make. The program "should have been" for all disadvantaged youths. The fact that it is broken down, in the title, for two races/ethnic groups set the path for an inequality in the program.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Truer words were never spoken - thanks jennilee.

96WS6
Junior Quiet

It is for Blacks and Latinos so at least there is 2 but I agree it should be written so ALL troubled youth can participate.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

As they were friendly with the Micmac and lived peacefully with them for 150 years, 1stwarrior, it stands to reason there was intermarriage with the French and Micmac.

So, yeah, many of the people of the South have Indian blood. And if you're Cajun, you probably ain't just French.

96WS6
Junior Quiet

JFT,

You are arguing that "rednecks are too stupid to commit as much crime as blacks"? Really?

96WS6
Junior Quiet

Not buying that one, the problem is that NO ONE cares about them, many times the children are little more than a little extra money in the government check and that is a failure of the very system designed to help them.

96WS6
Junior Quiet

"many urban blacks are not assimilated into the larger culture."

Many simply don't want to.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

That simply isn't true. I spent over 20 years teaching in the poorest black/latino neighborhood, and most of the folks there are hard working people, just trying to get by.

96WS6
Junior Quiet

Perrie,

I was not trying to generalize. It is true many don't want to. I have lived through it. I grew up in Detroit.That is not to say there are many that do. Because of where I live and where I came from I have many black friends and know many black people. Some have an attitude they are owed something, some don't. It is not hard to figure out which ones want to assimilate into larger culture and which ones don't.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Grin.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

My use of the term "hate group" was hyperbolic.

My suggestion for the future is to be more parabolic and less hyperbolic . Staying below orbital velocity is highly desirable ...

Chloe
Freshman Silent

1stwarrior,

that is exactlythe point that I keep on trying to make but keep getting sidetracked by the derailing attempts.

I just wanted to note again, that I, too, supported the point of the article in my first comment to you and mimi. Anyone that doesn't see it, is because they are either ignorant or they only see what they want to see.

I don't dislike Obama and posse Cabinet because some or many are Black or part Black. I dislike 'anyone' that bases their life on unfairness, hypocrisy, lies, jealousy, favoritism to benefit themselves or group, and all of the other 'ugliness' in attitude that's out there. Obama is most definitely guilty of favoritism.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

TR aka BF, I am more than willing to avoid the battle between the frogs and the mice..

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

I'll imbibe in that Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

When I was stationed in N.O., got to know a lot of those Cajuns - wonderfully marvelous people who, for the most part, will tell you right up front that their "Granmer" wuz Indian.Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Even more importantly, we're proud of it. Grin.gif

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

It wasn't an annoyance TR, it was fun to learn new and obscure words. Thank you for the opportunity to play.Smile.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal

My use of the term ''hate group'' was hyperbolic..More BS from the Queen.

Nona62
Professor Silent

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Totally concur Chloe. I don't dislike Obama because of his color - I have serious issues with his inability to be President.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Perfect.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Say that 20 times after six beers - I dare ya.Grin.gif

Chloe
Freshman Silent

There are ways to structure a program to target your intended recipient without bringing race into it. The program should have targets of certain income ranges among other things. This would help all the troubled youth that need it, not just a certain race of troubled youth. Targeting a race for a program like this is just as racist as targeting a race for ill purposes. The way this program is writtenpromotes segregation

Exactly... it should never be about race or groups -it should be about 'people' - to promote an attitude that no one - no matter how elite or special they think they are - is no more 'worthy' than anyone else.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Don't tell me they're running out of '64's - man, when I left San Fran a couple months ago, there were tons of them on the Oakland side. 'Course they'd all been jacked and bumped with baby wheels or tractor wheels and those dangling balls on the mirrors - but the streets were covered with'm.Grin.gif

jennilee
Freshman Silent
Just noticed something...now these are troubled black youth, not African American youth. I thought we had to use the PC term. Or are they just black now so as not to distance them from the American employer and taxpayer, who they are looking for to pay for these initives.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Some hate group music for.........well.....you know who............

)

Kavika
Professor Principal

LOL

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Interesting question jennilee - he specifically said to help the disadvantaged black and latino youth. Hmmmm.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

jennilee - Just my thought at the moment -- Could it be because they aren't African American, but rather, born in the states? They would be Black Americans --just like Obama is half Black American because he was born in the states, having a Sudanese father. An African American, imo, is someone that migrated here from Africa.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

Totally agree, Gunny. Not surprised you thought that, either. To that, is why you read me to be of the opinion that we are all just people--that happened to be born here--it shouldn't matter where our parents were born and that doesn't make us 'better' or 'worse' because of it.

If hyphenating made sense - then what label should we give to someone with a mixed heritage... Heinz 57--American ?? I don't think so. Like you said - we're just Americans nothing more, if born here.

Chloe
Freshman Silent

Good point, Mike.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

No, she'll tell you in a heart-beat that she is South African. Not sure what the difference is, but . . . . .

brightstarone
Freshman Silent
link   brightstarone    10 years ago

"We all know that the only people Obama really wants to help are those that he considers to be his people.

That is one theory but .... NO.

I know that ever since Barrack Obama had been elected as the first Bi-racial President in American History with African genetics; that the racist scumbags of the extreme right got their panties in a knot and have dogged him with race baiting attacks, and then accused him of being the racist.

The propagandistic talking point bullshit in this bogus garbage article is just a continuation of the same tiered and ineffective racist strategy against the President.

The white supremacist have kept throwing their obstructionism,racism, voter suppression tactics and hatred at the president, non stop since before hetook the oath of office in '09and despite that, the majority of the American people elected him twice with the popular vote.

The racist motivated Obama haters after all these years have become caricature's of them selves with their single minded over the top obsession of hatred for the man, blaming him with anything that goes wrong even when it is obviously not the case.

There by losing all credibility and becoming clownish to most main stream Americans, with only the smaller minority of Billionaires and paranoid racist extremist that fund and support them.

They keep using the same strategy expecting a different result and it never comes.

That would be the definition of insanity.

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

Grump, regarding video "words of Love"

I like it.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Now, without calling everyone on earth names, how about addressing the article - such as - why are only two ethnicities "entitled" to the big brother policy and not all disadvantaged youths.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

You Tube is down this AM.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

We know "why" the president feels only two ethnicities are entitled to the big brother policy, and not all disadvantaged youths.

The question we should be asking is why he is allowed to get away with it without being called out on it.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

You don't want to start a race/ethnicity war. The Black Caucus and Hispanic Caucus have much too much power in the Congressional arena. Combined, the Congressional floors would be covered with blood from all the non-compliant "white" congress peoples come election time, and we don't want this to get to the streets because of past events such as Trayvon and Roger King. You say anything against "their" programs, they go to the streets - black and Hispanic - to "get their due".

Congress doesn't have the balls to stop Obama - they haven't been able to for five years and they're not going to try now.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

John - does "I have a pen and I have a phone" ring a bell?

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

41.gif 41.gif 41.gif 41.gif

1stwarrior, these icons are so handy, and your comments save me so much typing...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Anything to help 77.gif

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

1stwarrior, regarding reply:

Now, without calling everyone on earth names,

Show where I called everyone on earth names,... I did call out the race baiting right wing scumbags that have been and continue to; attack the President non stop, and I did call out this typical Obama Haters attack article.

That is it, ....... so how is that calling everyone in the world names?

Are you saying that everyone in the world feels hatred towards President Obama?

Are you projecting your own opinions and feelings onto the rest of the world?

If so, then I submit that it would be avery narrow minded and ego centric world view.

how about addressing the article - such as - why are only two ethnicities "entitled" to the big brother policy and not all disadvantaged youths.

There is a well known and unusually disproportionate number of the "two ethnicities" that are in trouble, presenting a greater need and I think that is why the big brother policy was particularly engaged to address that imbalance, which is only logical and reasonable.

Critical attacks that accuse the President of only caring about "his people" are out of context and a propagandistic distortion of the facts. It is like blaming him for engaging the governments resources to fight pancreatic cancer and then saying that he does not care about lung cancer.

I don't believe that president Obama is racist only out to take care whathis criticsconsider to be "his people"

That is a phony race baiting speculation from the Obama Haters.

In-fact I have heard the opposite criticism from Obama Haters that he hasn't done anything in his nearly 5 years in office for minority youth, and thatminoritiesshould not support him; but support the Republicans instead of the Democrats, even some of his so called " People" have made the same criticism of him not doing enough.

President Obama will be attacked by his haters no matter what he does.

And people are not only allowed to dis-agree and not go along,but anyone cancall out Obama hate propaganda when they see it.

And that is all I was doing.Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Great - absolutely great response - now - show me where "I" said "his people" anywhere in the article or anywhere in any of my comments. Others may have, but I have not advocated nor will I advocate that separation.

This thread is not about the author of the article. I don't care how the author of the article describes Obama, but I do care for the fact that only two - TWO - ethnicities are listed on a Presidential document (Executive Order) when describing disadvantaged youths in need.

That's all I was doing Grin.gif

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

1stwarrior, regarding comments:

You don't want to start a race/ethnicity war.

Just a little hyperbolic.

The Black Caucus and Hispanic Caucus have much too much power in the Congressional arena.

All elected public servants serve in congress and have powers to represent the people who put them there. So what is this "to much power" that you are talking about?

Combined, the Congressional floors would be covered with blood from all the non-compliant "white" congress peoples come election time, and we don't want this to get to the streets because of past events such as Trayvon and Roger King.

How do we get from a discussion about a government program to help disadvantaged youth to "blood from white congress peoples, that is very exaggerated hyperbolic language that does not lend itself to serious political discourse. In fact the words "Blacks and Hispanics and white blood covering the floors is awfully reminiscent of a race baiters talking style don't ya think 1stwarrior.

But that can't be the case can it? ... after all according to you and like minded people like yourself, President Obama is the master race baiting racist of the world.

You say anything against "their" programs, they go to the streets - black and Hispanic - to "get their due".

Gee, that sounds like:

Be afraid they are coming .... "Those Negros and Mexicansare gonna take our stuff" Wake up white America........ "take America back"

hmm... I smell the stink of race baiting talk, oh but I must be wrong because President Obama is the only racist race baiting racist there is.

Right 1stwarrior?

Congress doesn't have the balls to stop Obama - they haven't been able to for five years and they're not going to try now.

OH PU-LEEEEZ ...68.gif

the Republicans have done nothing but obstruct and try to sabotage the President from day one and everyone with the exception of the right wing mediapropaganda zombies can plainly see that.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Harry Reid - "I will not pass a bill from the House of Representatives and I WILL NOT PASS A BUDGET." Nancy Pelosi - "You have to pass it to read it."

This is not a political thread - President Obama signed an Executive Order initiating a program for two ethnicities - only two. That is racist.

Nice rant by the way - you really do have a knack for stretching logic.

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

Harry Reid - "I will not pass a bill from the House of Representatives and I WILL NOT PASS A BUDGET." Nancy Pelosi - "You have to pass it to read it."

That is real nice 1stwarrior.... and you injected those quotes because ...?

This is not a political thread - President Obama signed an Executive Order initiating a program for two ethnicities - only two.

Yeah I know that Presidents have the Constitutional authority to sign Executive Orders, and all Presidents have done so.

That is racist.

No.

I don't agree, President Obama did not sign those orders for racist reasons, my opinion as to why this order was signed is on my previous post, please feel free to read it again and then ignore it and restate your race baiting speculation in your next reply to me.

It will still be bullshit, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Nice rant by the way -....

You dis-agreed with my the stated opinions on my post and you responded by calling it a "rant"

How clever of you.101.gif

you really do have a knack for stretching logic.

And you have a knack for lacking substance.Grin.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

And you have a lack for understanding - thanks for your lack of input and your continued attempts start a fight.Grin.gif

Special treatment for two ethnicities that are disadvantagedis racist - pure and simple. Publish all you want.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

You can keep saying it, 1stwarrior, but those who refuse to acknowledge that this president has done more to divide, rather than pull together, the people of this country than any other president will never listen.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent

I used to think he was, Gunny, but now I think he knows exactly what he is doing and just doesn't give a damn.

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

Great - absolutely great response....

Aww .... yer makin me blush 1stwarrior.9.gif

now - show me where "I" said "his people" anywhere in the article or anywhere in any of my comments. Others may have, but I have not advocated nor will I advocate that separation.

I was referencing what was written in the article that you presented for discussion on a public website, your response that youdidn't write it directly, is a weak straw-man argument that is not even in dispute.

The words that I used are from the article that you agree with and posted for discussion.

This thread is not about the author of the article.

I never said it was, but it is about what the author said and he said what he said with words and you agree with those words and so I referenced his words.

You can see how that works can't you 1st warrior?39.gif

I don't care how the author of the article describes Obama,...

So what are you saying that you posted his article andadvocated for it because you disagree with it?

Talk about stretching logic, or should I say Bazarrow logic.

....but I do care for the fact that only two - TWO - ethnicities are listed on a Presidential document (Executive Order) when describing disadvantaged youths in need.

What you do care about is to use thisfor a racebaitingattack against President Obama as a racist when he is not. That is what the article is about and that is what you agree with .... uh ..er.... except when you don't ...???

That's all I was doing Grin.gif

I don't think you know what your doingGrin.gif

brightstarone
Freshman Silent

And you have a lack for understanding - ....

Oh I understand what you are saying 1stwarrior, I just don't agree with you at all.

...thanks for your lack of input and your continued attempts start a fight.Grin.gif

I did make input, otherwise you would not have had anything to response to, strange as this might sound; I think you're confusing my dis-agreement with your point of view with lack of input.39.gif

As for starting fights, again you are being hyperbolic. When two adults have a discussion and they debate an issue because they disagree, then it is NOT a fight. It is a dis-agreement and I do believe that is allowed.

But it's OK I understand, I've noticed that in your prose, you do have a tendency to exaggerate and express yourself in a hyperbolic border line hysterical manner.

Hey what can I say, everyone's got their own style.

Special treatment for two ethnicities that are disadvantagedis racist - pure and simple.

Yeah you said that a few times already and guess what, it wasn't true the first time you said it and it won't be true no matter how many times you repeat it.

Publish all you want.

Well ... yeah, that is what is done on a public discussion website, but thanks for giving me additional permission.

Don't think I don't appreciate it.Grin.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

BS1 does not publish her own stuff or even seed . She only makes obnoxious ahistoric comments . What a waste ...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Are you Aeon with a different handle? "Hyperbolic"???? You love throwing out that term - "a plane curve generated by a point so moving that the difference of the distances from two fixed points is a constant: a curve formed by the intersection of a double right circular cone with a plane that cuts both halves of the cone." Really and truly don't understand how the two of you can fit a mathematical definition into a conversation - "of, relating to, or being a space in which more than one line parallel to a given line passes through a point<hyperbolicgeometry>" If you are attempting to say exaggerate - duhhh - try saying the word exaggerate.

No, you don't understand what I'm trying to say. If you understood what I'm trying to say, as any good "discussioner" would do, you'd see that I have a side/opinion and I am voicing it. The fact that you keep coming back to "discuss" shows you disagree. Good - we have just agreed to disagree.

Thanks.