╌>

WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I’M ON THE TITANTIC ?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pat-wilson  •  7 years ago  •  56 comments

WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I’M ON THE TITANTIC ?

This has to stop. We can’t continue with this administration, it is out of control.  This president has absolutely no clue as to the gravity of the numerous global conflicts that seem to be teetering between calm and chaos.  He has neither  the knowledge nor the discipline to perform his duties.

It’s partially comforting that many in congress and many in his cabinet and staff  are starting to ignore his blatherings. I’m really hoping that their numbers will   reach a critical mass to effect muzzelling the man if not out right booting him. 

He’s clearly unfit. There has to be people who are able to pull his plug. If a nuclear  war breaks out we will all be dead, sooner or later. 

20170805_LDD001_0.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Trumps latest was to say to Venezuela that we might use military action against them..

Unbelievable. 

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

You have that " Sinking Feeling " so you still hear the " Orchestra Playing "?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   seeder  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Ya, and WTF was that about ???

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

err, was that to me? if so ask a question

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   seeder  pat wilson  replied to    7 years ago

No eagle, I was referring to Trump's bizarre comments about military action in Venezuela. He's totally nuts.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

He's totally nuts.

I don't believe that there is anyway for his supporters to defend against that any longer. Many people have said that a lot of people who try to say he has a diagnose-able mental illness are told that they are not professionals and therefore should not be listened to. Still, after awhile it because so obvious that it does not take a professional to see when someone is dangerously sick. Donald J. Trump is dangerously sick with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

After so many examples it does not take a professional. If you are walking through any city in America and you see a homeless man or woman, holding tightly onto a blanket and walking down the street talking and occasionally screaming to themselves, it's a pretty safe bet that they have a mental illness. It has become that obvious with Donald Trump.

user image
Freshman Silent

ahhhh ok  Safety at Last, many thanks laughing dude

Yes  I think he believes " Cheaper by the Dozen "   so he is looking  for a Discount to  a Dozen wars at a time  I think it is nearly " All Booked out " 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to    7 years ago

No offense intended, but I am not laughing. I have stood on the top of Minuteman III underground Missile silo's when I was in the Air Force and have seen the missile itself. It is a very chilling experience to look at the warhead capsule of one and realize that each missile contains three separate warheads, that can be individually aimed at different targets and realize that each warhead is a 170 Kilo tons of TNT of force, when the Hiroshima bomb was only 20 Kilo tons. It's  sobering experience that I will never forget. Trump has no idea whatsoever of the power he is playing with is. It is scary bad.

sam eccles
Freshman Silent
link   sam eccles  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

You mean like the paramilitary people we train in Virginia, and Obama has been sending back to unfriendly SA countries including Venezuela for years? You're starting to sound like a "he's a Kenyan traitor" Republican. The sky ain't falling, and we'll survive him, just like we survived bo, and hrc's reign of terror.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

You feel like that because, unless something changes and someone (and it must be one or more REPUBLICAN leaders) steps forward to steer us away from the coming iceberg, we are on the Titanic.

Donald Trump is not really a President, but he is playing one on TV and thinks that this is all some sort of work of fiction and he is acting. That's why he is reaching for movie cliches like "Locked and Loaded" from action or war movies like "Full Metal Jacket". He literally has no concept whatsoever and seems to have no desire to learn about just how much destructive power he is playing around with and that is exactly what he is doing. He is obviously trying to goad Kim Jung Un into a war, conventional or nuclear, most likely to pump up his TV "ratings" and either has no concept of how many real human beings will die in either case or just plain does not give a fuck.

Someone, anyone, needs to take him to an ICBM Base or on board of a nuclear weapons submarine, then show him a few hundred pictures of what the result of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were and hopefully it will finally sober him up. He says he does not drink or do drugs, but he is incredibly intoxicated on the power of the military he has and that his threats, stated very lightly, have on millions of real, living, breathing human beings. If he wants to sound though then he can resign (which he will be forced to sooner or later anyway) and star in an action flick with Arnie.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   seeder  pat wilson  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

He is obviously trying to goad Kim Jung Un into a war, conventional or nuclear, most likely to pump up his TV "ratings" 

This is a classic dodge. No one's talking about Russia this news cycle.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

No one's talking about Russia this news cycle.

hat's true. Most people are not talking about or thinking about the Russian Investigation, except for those who count the most, the team Bob Mueller has put together. Like a monster in a si-fi movie where the humans don't win, the Mueller investigation moves slowly, but determinedly on and on and on and Trump can not stop it, even if he manages to distract from it by having a few hundred thousand people killed in a war that he is picking at to start.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
link   Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

"(and it must be one or more REPUBLICAN leaders)"

Could that be because we KNOW the Democrats are clueless about what to do?

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC   7 years ago

"Could that be because we KNOW the Democrats are clueless about what to do?"

More like the dems have no power at this time.

IF the republicans would have done what the democrats did and stopped an outsider form hijacking their party trump wouldn't even be president. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
link   Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

"More like the dems have no power at this time."

Even when they had the power they didn't do anything except screw it up.  

user image
Freshman Silent
link       7 years ago

PW See the British film " The Day After " survival in a Nuclear Holocaust is an illusion!

pat wilson
Professor Participates

You're preachin' to the choir, (smile)

user image
Freshman Silent

Preaching?? ahh sorry I thought  this was posted to get people to talk and express their opinions!

pat wilson
Professor Participates

I meant that in a friendly manner, you can say pretty much anything on my articles, I would only delete it if it were grossly inappropriate.

user image
Freshman Silent

Ahh  ok  sorry if I misunderstood  earlier  I got the  ( WTF ) and that set the Mood, Please pardon me

pat wilson
Professor Participates

I tend to throw out a few expletives now and then, nothing personal. :0)

user image
Freshman Silent

laughing dude ok now that I know that   I would not be so shocked!!! laughing dude

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to    7 years ago

I have seen the film and it was wonderful. That said it obviously showed the day after a very limited nuclear exchange. In a full exchange between the Russians or China and the United States the day after will show a few survivors, but the truth is that in the end no one will survive. In a relatively short time (a few months at the most) every living thing on this Earth will die. It is unavoidable. The concept of a post apocalyptic world visa a "Mad Max movie, is pure fiction. No one or anything, down to the smallest life form, gets out alive.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to    7 years ago

Or "On the Beach" in either book form or movie form .

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
link   sandy-2021492  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

I saw the movie "On the Beach" for the first time around last Christmas.  Very timely showing.  Way too relevant for comfort.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

we were taught to duck and cover.... and die.

I see they still teaching that in Guam today.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   7 years ago

Duck and cover, if you are far enough away, works but only for a little while. Like I said, in the end every living thing down to the smallest germ or bacteria dies in a large of full exchange.

On the Beach is right. There are those who die right away. Those who die screaming from the burns and immediate radiation. Then those who die waiting for the radiation to finally get around to them. But the end result is always the same. The idea of a post nuclear war survivalist group is a fantasy. Stock your food and water. Build your bunker or bomb shelter. All you be doing is extending your life for a few more months.

Back at Grand Forks AFB when I was a computer operator for the 321st Strategic Missile Wing we used to have one of those Civil Defense posters on the wall o the Computer Room and it said all of the usual BS about stocking up on water and food and hiding behind a solid structure or in a shelter. Still the last thing on the list was "Then put your head between you legs and kiss your ass goodbye." It was there as a joke, but it is also true. I always loved the idea that I was at ground zero for an attack and would be vaporized. It was comforting.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Fortunately, the person whose thumb is on the nuclear button is a man of consummate level-headedness.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

You must be talking about Mattis...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Of course...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Fortunately, the person whose thumb is on the nuclear button is a man of consummate level-headedness.

It is indeed a relief, isn't it?  To think I've been worried over such a big, huge nothing burger.  Here is a John Oliver segment about Trump that is worth a watch.  Skip to the 7:41 mark if you would like to find some real comfort regarding Trump's...intelligence...on the issue at hand.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Oh, c'mon!

Who cares about "reality"? Who even knows what it is, nowadays?

Gut feelings are so-o-o-o much more important than facts.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Yeah, I quite enjoyed that clip in the past. "What does it mean when he says words" goes down as an all timer.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

This administration has stocked itself with a ton of Dominionists.  Isn't it comforting that they look forward to end times?  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Gee, thanks, Hal. I wasn't aware of this. 

I sure am glad you told me... anger

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    7 years ago

I don't know how all of this is suddenly becoming something felt. Trump has always been this guy.

What aggravates me is that people knowingly voted for this dude when they weren't just filling out a general party ballot, which from what I saw, was the majority. It is very offensive to me that you can show up to vote and simply pick your party, allowing the computer to then fill in all your choices for you. You should at least have to click a choice for each position manually. At the very least. In the 8 minutes or so it took me to vote, I literally saw about 30-40 people come and go from the voting kiosks. That is the epitome of bullshit and really a clear indication of why Trump is president. If people are too stupid and lazy to actually fill out a ballot themselves, it is small wonder that a narcissistic idiot could end up as President.

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

peter:

maybe they just saw the name with a D by it and said hell no and passed it by, no matter who it was...i know i did..

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

Well, then count yourself amongst the stupid and foolish. You don't deserve the right to vote if you can't make an informed decision on each candidate you are voting for. Fun fact: had you read the ballots, you would have seen more than two candidates from more than two parties as well.

katlin02
Freshman Silent

nope can't vote for dem no matter who they are--as far as third party, didn't see any of them worth the ink either..

Pedro
Professor Participates

You are literally the problem then. Congratulations.

katlin02
Freshman Silent

maybe just a problem for you and lib dems because i won't agree with them or vote with them.. ..in that case i am glad i am a problem for dems

Pedro
Professor Participates

You aren't. You are a problem for humanity.

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02    7 years ago

and if it were obama he's just be pissed and resentful anything like a N korea  threat would interrupt his golf game--hillary would be trying to sell them some uranium if they promised not to use it like slick willy did...so what is the beef with trump ?--suddenly scared---LOL..you should have been more scared for the last 8 yrs.

Pedro
Professor Participates

Not that this comment resembles anything even close to rational thought, but also it is very irrational and completely false assumption whereas we can actually see what Trumpster is doing because he can't stop himself from telling everybody everytime.

katlin02
Freshman Silent

democrats, obamacare, and rising taxes scared me a hellva alot more than a n. korean nuke. but you can always do the duck and hide thing.., there was no such protection against the last 8 yrs.

Pedro
Professor Participates

I don't know which eight years you are talking about. The last eight years have been great for my family and I. Obamacare shouldn't scare you at all. You should be looking at it as a first step in the right direction. Besides, it was all those Republican writers in Obamacare that killed the better aspects of it anyway.

Also, you can't duck and hide from a nuke, lol. Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!    7 years ago

Question:  Why do I feel like I'm on the Titanic?

Answer:  Because Trump is nuts, and he is not trying to avoid the political icebergs.  Eventually he is going to hit one hard.  When that happens the TrumpTanic will likely sink with all of us aboard.