╌>

Possibly A First For NT - The Grand Announcement

Category:  News & Politics

By:  kavika  •  7 years ago  •  58 comments

Possibly A First For NT - The Grand Announcement

About a month ago I was informed that I was to be a Great Great Grandfather. We have two children, four grandchildren, twelve great grandchildren and soon A GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILD. May or June is the date for the grand arrival. 

His father is Joshua Animikii (Thunder) currently serving with the Special Air Services Regiment (SAS) of the Australian Special Forces, Australian Army. Mom, Melanie is prior military member of the Australian Defense Force. 

The insignia for Joshua's unit. 

Image result for photos of the insignia of the special air services regiment of the australian army

Are there any other Great Great Grandfathers or mothers on NT?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  author  Kavika     7 years ago

To say that I'm stoked is a vast understatement. Five generations, how cool is that.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @1    7 years ago

Morning Kavika...Congrats and Ripper....sounds like you have a very strong Aussie connection...I would say we are in very safe hands with "Thunder Down Under" in the Great Southern Land. Hope all goes well for everyone and I thank Joshua for his service as it is bloody tough at times....Hope you get to meet the "little Aussie" when he/she arrives...We will convert you to eating Vegemite in no time...Have a very Happy New Year as well.....

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @1.1    7 years ago

Thanks Shona, I have a very strong connection to Aussie. I lived there for 3 years (Sydney area) and have made many trips to the land down under. Both for business and pleasure. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    7 years ago

That is good you keep in contact with the rellies..I am in Victoria...Was in Sydney in Feb catching a cruise ship..Had a great time in Sydney before we left and will go back again and spend more time..Where ever you are in the States have a great evening and stay well....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @1    7 years ago

Congratulations on the news that you will be a Great-Great-Great Grandfather!! thumbs up   Big hugs

And thank you for sharing this wonderful news with your NT 'family'. My very best wishes for the Mother and Father, best of health for all your family.

(smile)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @1    7 years ago

Before my Father walked on in 2010, we took a picture of our five generations together for what would be the last time. I enjoy looking back at that picture and the big happy smile on my Father's face as he sat holding his 4 month old 5th generation. It was a first in many generations for his side of the family.   

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2  Freefaller    7 years ago

Not even close to it myself, but congratulations to you on your impending Great, Great Granfatherhood.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
3  magnoliaave    7 years ago

You have a great family.  Or, should I say great. great great family?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4  Larry Hampton    7 years ago

Awesome and congrats Kavika; many blessings to all of you guys!

:~)

charger 383
Professor Silent
6  charger 383    7 years ago

congratulations to you and your family 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
7  lennylynx    7 years ago

Kavika, you would be a great, great man even without children.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Kavika   replied to  lennylynx @7    7 years ago

Thanks lenny.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Two more greats and I will catch up to you.

Congrats Kavika!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9  pat wilson    7 years ago

Congratulations ! Happy New Year, Kavika.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10  Freewill    7 years ago

Congrats Kavika!!!  That is great great news!  applause

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I'm not at the Great-Great or even at Great Grandfather status …

You are be be GREATLY-Greatly congratulated!

TTGA
Professor Silent
12.1  TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur @12    7 years ago
I'm not at the Great-Great or even at Great Grandfather status …

Same here Mac; in fact, my daughter doesn't have any kids at all (no time, she'd rather put MD after her name than Mrs in front of it).  My son's four aren't quite old enough yet to add the first Great.  Kinda makes you feel younger though, doesn't it?

Congratulations Kav.  If you want to add another Great, be sure to do what Red tells you and stay off from motorcycles.

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  TTGA @12.1    7 years ago
be sure to do what Red tells you and stay off from motorcycles.

Ya think!!! LOL

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
13  Bob Nelson    7 years ago

fireworks-o.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent
14  Nona62    7 years ago

AWW Prez!!  That is great news!!  Congrats !!  .Hope all goes will with Mom and Baby....  Party

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Congrats to the Joshua Unit and to Proud Great Great Grandpa and Grandma! 

Related image

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Very cool Kavika. Congratulations. 

Do you have to start acting "old" now? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
16.1  author  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @16    7 years ago

I'm young at heart JR, so I'll keep acting like I'm a teenager...LOL

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @16.1    7 years ago

No act involved - youse still a teenie bopper laughing dude

Congrats Brother - Congrats.

Kavika
Professor Principal
16.1.2  author  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @16.1.1    7 years ago

I now have enough offspring to petition the government for Federal Recognition of my own tribe...LOL 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @16.1.2    7 years ago

Well, if they are tall enough, you'd have a basketball team too laughing dude laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
16.1.4  author  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @16.1.3    7 years ago

Nope, I'm going for a football team....This book is the true story of the game that changed football. If you're a football fan, especially college football this is a must read.

Image result for photos of the book about the 1912 carlisle indian school football team

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Do you have to start acting "old" now? 

While I am well aware that we cannot stop the aging process … any time I feel like it …

I can act immature.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
18  Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friend, Brother in Spirit and Treasured Writing Partner Kavika: May all the generations of your family continue to give each other hope, meaning, fulfillment and joy in this life. 

May they come together to celebrate the good times.

May they be there for one another in times which challenge.

Most of all may each and every one know they are not alone.

That they are part of a family.

Something bigger than themselves.

A unit upon which they can count, and to which they may contribute.

Congratulations Kavika.

All the best to you and yours, even unto the thousandth generation (Notzer Chesid Le Alaphim).

Enoch.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
19  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

Last time I tried this, I think I ended up calling you a juicy meatloaf (which, by the way, is applicable, but sooooo not what I was trying to say...).

But here goes:  Gichi Gichi Aanikoobijigan?

Kavika
Professor Principal
19.1  author  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @19    7 years ago

LOL, I remember that..

Well you did much better this time.. You only need one gichi, since aanikoobijigan means great grandparent...

Or you could say gichi gichi mishoomis...''great great grandfather''

Kavika grades SMAAB with an A-

CB
Professor Principal
21  CB    7 years ago

Kavika, what can I say? I had a doctor tell me just last week that soon science will make a major breakthrough and people are going to get really, really, really old. Plus, it will feel really good. Check this out and note the date (2013) of the article and the time (2018) we are supposed to expect something:

Anti-ageing drug breakthrough
March 8, 2013, University of New South Wales

Drugs that combat ageing may be available within five years , following landmark work led by an Australian researcher. The work, published in the March 8 issue of Science , finally proves that a single anti-ageing enzyme in the body can be targeted, with the potential to prevent age-related diseases and extend lifespans. The paper shows all of the 117 drugs tested work on the single enzyme through a common mechanism. This means that a whole new class of anti-ageing drugs is now viable, which could ultimately prevent cancer, Alzheimer's disease and type 2 diabetes . "Ultimately, these drugs would treat one disease, but unlike drugs of today, they would prevent 20 others," says the lead author of the paper, Professor David Sinclair, from UNSW Medicine, who is based at Harvard University. "In effect, they would slow ageing."

The target enzyme, SIRT1, is switched on naturally by calorie restriction and exercise, but it can also be enhanced through activators. The most common naturally-occurring activator is resveratrol, which is found in small quantities in red wine , but synthetic activators with much stronger activity are already being developed.

Although research surrounding resveratrol has been going for a decade, until now the basic science had been contested. Despite this, there have already been promising results in some trials with implications for cancer, cardiovascular disease and cardiac failure , type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, fatty liver disease , cataracts, osteoporosis, muscle wasting, sleep disorders and inflammatory diseases such as psoriasis, arthritis and colitis ( inflammatory bowel disease ).

"In the history of pharmaceuticals, there has never been a drug that tweaks an enzyme to make it run faster," says Professor Sinclair, a geneticist with the Department of Pharmacology at UNSW.

Congratulations, Sir to your family!  And, Happy New Year!

Kavika
Professor Principal
21.1  author  Kavika   replied to  CB @21    7 years ago

Interesting info calbab, and the dates are ''perfect'' so to speak. 

Thanks for the information.

CB
Professor Principal
21.1.1  CB  replied to  Kavika @21.1    7 years ago

Wonderfully welcomed! I will keep an eye on this one myself!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
22  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Five living generations is an absolutely incredible situation, and I congratulate you with all my heart, Kavika.  My oldest grandchild is 5, so at my age, 3 generations is probably going to be it unless I reach 100.

You could have entitled this article "The Great Great Grand Announcement".

Kavika
Professor Principal
22.1  author  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @22    7 years ago

Thanks Buzz.

KatPen
Freshman Silent
23  KatPen    7 years ago

Amazing!  Congratulations, Kavika!   

sixpick
Professor Quiet
24  sixpick    7 years ago

Congratulations Kavika!!!  I was fortunate enough to have 4 great grand parents I spent many days and nights with as a child.  Of course yours will have to ride in an automobile or SUV.  I had the pleasure of riding in a wagon pulled by a mule.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
24.1  1stwarrior  replied to  sixpick @24    7 years ago

Don't forget - he's gonna get another Indian that they can ride with their hair flying in the wind.

Kavika
Professor Principal
24.1.2  author  Kavika   replied to    7 years ago

Bob Dylan Song Quote

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
24.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @24.1.2    7 years ago

Baby carriage.jpg  Kav's new baby sitter.

Kavika
Professor Principal
24.1.4  author  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @24.1.3    7 years ago

That can't be true, it's a Harley!!!!

Quick, save that baby.

Kavika
Professor Principal
24.1.5  author  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @24.1.4    7 years ago

OK, fixed it for ya.

Image result for photos of a baby on an indian motorcycle

sixpick
Professor Quiet
24.1.6  sixpick  replied to  1stwarrior @24.1    7 years ago
Don't forget - he's gonna get another Indian that they can ride with their hair flying in the wind.

You're right!  I forgot about that.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
25  Spikegary    7 years ago

So, were you a Mediocre Mediocre Grandparent?  What did you do to improve and become Great Great?

Congratulations my friend.  Family is the most important thing and 5 generations is an incredible gift for you and yours!  Before my dad passed, we had 4 generations in the room visitng with him.  May your new year be better than the last!

Kavika
Professor Principal
25.1  author  Kavika   replied to  Spikegary @25    7 years ago
So, were you a Mediocre Mediocre Grandparent?  What did you do to improve and become Great Great?

I've always been great Spike, just ask the ladies...Oh no, don't say a word, Red might be listening....LOL

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
25.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Kavika @25.1    7 years ago

She might treat you to some old tribal tortures that have gone out of vogue if she sees that........

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
25.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Spikegary @25.1.1    7 years ago

Red's tortures to Kav are DEFINITELY not out of vogue - and he enjoys each and every one - daily I bow to you

Kavika
Professor Principal
25.1.3  author  Kavika   replied to  Spikegary @25.1.1    7 years ago

Banishment?

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
26  GaJenn78    7 years ago

So very cool! Congratulations and happy new year!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
27  Trout Giggles    7 years ago

Congrats, Kavika! That is amazing to have that many living generations in one family.

My children are in no hurry to make me a grandmother, but I'm cool with it. I want my daughter to get her MSN before she has any and I want the boy to make Master Sgt before he makes any (he's currently a Senior Airman)

Kavika
Professor Principal
27.1  author  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @27    7 years ago

Thanks Trout.

I had to look up what MSN meant. Very cool, a masters in nursing. Good for her.

Is your son stationed stateside or a foreign assignment?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
28  sandy-2021492    7 years ago

Congratulations, Kavika!