╌>

Why Liberals Root Against America

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  143 comments

Why Liberals Root Against America

The unseemly sight of nearly the entire Democratic congressional delegation sitting on their hands and clinging to their chairs throughout Donald Trump's State of the Union speech is further evidence that they want America to fail on Trump's watch.

Hundreds of American companies are bringing jobs to America and paying American workers bonuses. Democrats sat stone faced. The lowest black unemployment rate in 40 years. Democrats smirked. We are defeating ISIS in the Middle East. Ho hum. They acted like petulant 12-year olds who fold their arms in defiance and pout miserably when things don't go their way.

Many on the left are suffering from a severe case of anti-Trump derangement syndrome. ATDS sufferers crave bad news. In a bright sunny ‎economic sky, they point to the single cloud. This is why Nancy Pelosi could only sniff that the bonuses workers are getting from the tax cuts are "crumbs."

No Hidden Agenda: Get News From A Pro-Free Market, Pro-Growth Perspective
The other day I was on CNN and was sparring with April Ryan of the American Urban Radio Networks — who is to say the least not friendly to Trump. When I mentioned all of the companies that are hiring more workers and paying bonuses or raises to their employees, including as many as one million Walmart employees, I thought this might elicit some positive reaction.

Instead, she rolled her eyes. "Look at all the stores they are closing and all the layoffs?" she complained. Yes 5,000 Walmart workers will be mostly reassigned, while about 200 times that number will get raises. ‎

Liberals have been protesting Walmart pay scales for years agitating for higher wages, and now Walmart is raising their minimum wage by $2 an hour. But the left still is unhappier than ever. ‎

For at least two weeks the TV networks on the left praised to the hilt ‎ Michael Wolff's book "Fire and Fury." They obsessed over the charge of whether Trump was mentally competent to hold office, and even called for his ouster under the 25th Amendment — all based purely on unsubstantiated charges in a book that has now been exposed as mostly a work of fiction, not fact. Many of the ATDS crowd don't even care whether the information is true or false. They are the "Birthers" on the left.

Trump's successes one year into office are now dismissed as a result of Obama policies, which is rich since Trump has one-by-one reversed Obama's economic policies. If the economy and stock market had tanked in 2017, liberals would have seized upon the bad news as evidence that his policies are abject failures. Now that the policies are working, Obama gets the credit. They are so blinded by ATDS, they can't even acknowledge the double standard.

I remember at a Wall Street Journal editorial meeting when Barack Obama was first elected president and he was rolling out ObamaCare, the stimulus plan, tax increases, a regulatory assault, and a litany of other dimwitted economic policies, one of the writers said what we were all thinking: If this program works, everything we believe on the economy is wrong.

We opposed the policies, not the man, and in the end the Keynesian big government policies were indeed a failure. We ended up with the weakest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

It is true opposition to Obama on the right prompted some conservatives to similarly root against American success on his watch. When the International Olympics Committee snubbed Obama's hometown of Chicago, there were videos of conservatives celebrating the bad news. The cascade of disappointing economic data on Obama's watch was too-often cheered by Republicans.

"Some of these people on the right are starting to put politics first and country second," observed then-Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., who is now a Senator from that state. "The American people are starting to wonder if they are rooting against America," he charged.

He had a point back in 2009. But, Senator, look in the mirror.

Why does no national Democrat stand up to the leftist Trump haters, who have morphed into America haters? He or she would be hailed as a hero. The Democrats desperately need a Sister Soulja moment.

Most Americans are not especially ideological. We are for what works. The United States is on a roll right now and the good economic news transcends political spin. Tens of millions of Americans are starting to see the benefits in their paychecks of the tax cuts that Democrats lied would raise people's taxes.

If Trump haters continue to sit on their hands and oppose America's comeback, voters will see they are putting political ideology over patriotism. That's no winning ticket and it means they are in for a miserable next seven years.

Moore is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and an economic consultant with Freedom Works. He served as senior economic adviser to the Trump campaign.
RELATED:

Do The Media Hate Trump (Part II)? Yes, The Numbers Don't Lie

Love Him Or Hate Him, Trump Deserves Credit For Booming Economy

The Trump Economy, One Year In: A Success By All Measures      https://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/stephen-moore-why-liberals-root-against-america/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  Tessylo    6 years ago

Yawn

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @1.1    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  arkpdx @1.1    6 years ago
Hey i think that is the most intelligent comment I have ever seen you make!

it is an improvement over "turd".

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.2  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Same ole sheet, different day, blah, blah, blah.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.1  epistte  replied to  lady in black @1.2    6 years ago
Same ole sheet, different day, blah, blah, blah.

Heartland is well known for his Deja Poo threads.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Wouldn't that hurt?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Why does no national Democrat stand up to the leftist Trump haters, who have morphed into America haters?

See the source image

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

“Why does no national Democrat stand up to the leftist Trump haters, who have morphed into America haters? He or she would be hailed as a hero. The Democrats desperately need a Sister Soulja moment.

Most Americans are not especially ideological. We are for what works. The United States is on a roll right now and the good economic news transcends political spin. Tens of millions of Americans are starting to see the benefits in their paychecks of the tax cuts that Democrats lied would raise people's taxes.

If Trump haters continue to sit on their hands and oppose America's comeback, voters will see they are putting political ideology over patriotism. That's no winning ticket and it means they are in for a miserable next seven years.”

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

Heartland,

Could you please control your seed. That is your job.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

When Trump took over America was already seeing record numbers on wall street (19,732), record low unemployment (4.7%), the strongest military in our history, closer to pay equity for women in the workplace than ever before, more equality for LGTBQ Americans than ever before and during Obamas two terms black unemployment went from 16.5% down to 7.8%. Yes, it's great that in the last year Trump has ridden on those gains lowering black unemployment by an additional 1% but you never hear a conservative touting the 8.7% drop under Obama. You never hear conservatives praising Obama for the $13,2 trillion recovery in the markets, they only want to praise Trump for adding to those gains. Talk about putting political ideology over patriotism.

What conservatives really want to do is take us back to a time in America when xenophobia, homophobia and Islamophobia weren't viewed as the deplorable traits they really are. Well too bad conservatives, real Americans will continue to fight for our diversity and equality because we know it makes us stronger as a nation, and we've never been stronger than we are now regardless of how some Americans may feel left behind. Get up off your asses, go get retrained in the tech jobs of the future, and stop whining about the manufacturing jobs that are never coming back because 70% of them were lost to automation, not immigration. The US has a worker shortage for tech jobs being only able to fill 2 out of 5 jobs in computer engineering and other tech fields. That's why we have companies using the H1B visas to bring in immigrants to do the work that Americans refuse to get educated enough to do. Support green technology which is the energy producer of the future, non-renewables are just that, non-renewable just like the jobs become when they're no longer a viable option either because they're too dirty or it gets harder and harder to extract the fossil fuels.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.1.3    6 years ago

This.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.1.3    6 years ago
becoming the world's foremost islamic terrorist.

Making such moronic and demonstrably false statements simply negates any actual point you tried to make. The fact is President Obama oversaw the killing of the terrorist who attacked us on 9/11, and he approved of increases in military spending to fight terrorism, he got rid of the enhanced interrogation techniques which were only serving to recruit new terrorists, not effectively fighting them, and increased veteran funding for the returning veterans from the two unfunded and unnecessary wars Republicans got us into. A Republican administration starting the Iraq war based on lies created ISIS, just because half wits blame President Obama because he was living up to the promises he made the American people to end our presence in the boondoggle Iraq war doesn't actually make him responsible for their creation, they were there already. The foolish attempt at nation building begun under a Republican administration is what truly created the groundwork that allowed them to organize and grow. It's idiotic to believe we should have just left 150,000 troops in Iraq indefinitely. That isn't what the American people wanted and it's not what our military generals recommended.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    6 years ago

I cannot speak for Liberals only for myself.

It would seem that there is a bit of short term memory loss at play. Mitch McConnell (of the GOP) opined rather openly that it was his intent to make Mr. Obama a one term President right from jump street, at the time this was deemed acceptable by the right.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, there seems to be a great deal of weeping and gnashing of teeth, kind of a bit hypocritical is it not.

I would be a liar if I said I did not find Mr. Trump to be one of the more despicable humans on the planet, but as our President (this is painful) I do want him to succeed as in doing so all Americans succeed.

But I will ask you this, is success worth our decency?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    6 years ago

Democrats certainly want Trump to fail and the country to fail as well. Only way they can succeed is for others to fail. 

They have no platform to speak of, no accomplishments.  Reason for all the 2 year old temper tantrums towards Trump.  That is all they have.

Truly sad and pathetic to watch the constant pouring of anger and frustration.   I almost feel for them, but then naw.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @5    6 years ago
Reason for all the 2 year old temper tantrums towards Trump.

Sure,

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1    6 years ago

Lot of hyperbole you have there.

More honest look at his failures:

Obama made us change light bulbs...whoopee 

Made us pay more for our health insurance premiums...ain't that just great!

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2  luther28  replied to  Sunshine @5    6 years ago

Though I myself am not, many of my acquaintances are Democrats. Although I have heard them rail (as I myself have) against Mr. Trump on many occasions, not once have I heard them suggest he fail as should he, we also fail.

They just don't like the fact that he is a poor excuse for a human being, on that I agree. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Sunshine  replied to  luther28 @5.2    6 years ago

Well your friends need to talk to the Democrats in DC.

Trump has had a bullet aimed at him since last November.

Russia, Russia, Russia

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.2  luther28  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.1    6 years ago

I would have to say he had a bit to do with loading the gun.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Sunshine  replied to  luther28 @5.2.2    6 years ago

exactly what did he do to warrant the Mueller investigation?

why the never ending attacks about collusion and obstruction of justice from the Democrats?

why the constant rant of Impeach 45, Impeach 45 by Democrats.  what are the grounds for his impeachment?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.3    6 years ago
exactly what did he do to warrant the Mueller investigation?

You mean apart from firing Comey to try to stop the Russia investigation?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.2.5  Randy  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.4    6 years ago

And continuing obstruction of justice.

Plus his constant denial that the Russians meddled in the 2016 election and his refusal to do anything to stop the continuing meddling. His refusal to enforce the sanctions passed by Congress against Russia for the meddling.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy @5.2.5    6 years ago

The only ones who meddled with the Russians were Obama and relevant people within his regime including Hillary.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.7  luther28  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.3    6 years ago

Well we could start with money laundering for the Russians through his real estate holdings. Don't even have to go into the present investigation. I am sorry to inform you that Mr. Trump has been a boob since he came into the limelight in the early seventies.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.8  Sunshine  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.4    6 years ago

and you base this opinion on what?  what knowledge do you have of why Trump fired Comey?  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.9  Sunshine  replied to  luther28 @5.2.7    6 years ago
Well we could start with money laundering for the Russians through his real estate holdings. Don't even have to go into the present investigation. I am sorry to inform you that Mr. Trump has been a boob since he came into the limelight in the early seventies.

you didn't even attempt to answer the question.

exactly how did Trump launder money and what is your evidence?

what was the reason to start the Mueller investigation?

you seem to just have talking points and no facts.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.8    6 years ago
what knowledge do you have of why Trump fired Comey?

It could be this.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.10    6 years ago

did you watch it?

he said he wants the Russian investigation to be done properly.

where did he state he fired Comey to stop the Russian investigation?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.12    6 years ago

You asked the question of Shrekk, since I didn't take my mind reading pills today I figured out where Shrekk might have gotten the information, the Lester Holt interview is used to say that Trump fired Comey because of the FBI investigation into Russia and, what is happening now also gives credence to this idea but, I did add a qualifier to what I posted, if you had bothered to really read what I wrote, the word "could" is that qualifier.

Do I believe that Trump is trying to stop the investigation? Yes and, for more reasons than the ties between Trump and, the Russian interference in the campaign.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.14  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.13    6 years ago
the Lester Holt interview is used to say that Trump fired Comey because of the FBI investigation into Russia and,

Apparently whoever is saying this is wrong.  Imagine that!  Liberals regurgitating what ever is spoon fed to them.

It would be better for you to read/listen what you provide before commenting on it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.14    6 years ago
It would be better for you to read/listen what you provide before commenting on it.

I did and, do listen to what I post but, you obviously can't READ.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.16  luther28  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.9    6 years ago

Jan 4, 2018 - Manafort already faces money - laundering charges from Mueller. Those charges may involve property purchased by Manafort in New York and Virginia through shell companies based in Cyprus. Real estate , it seems, is central to the charge Bannon made, given the involvement of Kushner and Trump Jr. in ...

Sales of Trump properties suggestive of money-laundering: researcher

Jan 18, 2018 - Sales of Trump properties suggestive of money - laundering : researcher ... “There were a lot of real estate deals where you couldn't really tell who was buying the property,” Simpson said. ... “We saw patterns of buying and selling that we thought were suggestive of money - laundering ,” he continued.

Trump condo sales indicate possible money laundering, says report ...

Jan 12, 2018 - More than 1,300 Trump condominiums selling for a total of $1.5 billion since the 1980s were bought by secretive shell companies in all-cash transactions, according to a new, exhaustive BuzzFeed report on President Donald Trump's real estate dealings. While such transactions can be made as part of tax ...

As Trump Enters Year Two In Office, Mueller Looking At Money ... - NPR

Jan 17, 2018 - Real estate transactions are especially difficult to trace because of the widespread use of offshore corporations to mask the purchasers' true identities, Winer says. None of this means Trump or his family knowingly took illegally laundered money , but certain transactions have raised questions about his ...

Is Donald Trump's Dark Russian Secret Hiding in Deutsche Bank's ...

www.newsweek.com/2017/.../donald-trump-russia-secret-deutsche-bank-753780.html
Dec 21, 2017 - Around the same time he received his new line of credit, the bank was laundering money , according to the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) ... Real estate developer and president-elect Donald Trump poses for portrait at his office at Trump Tower, in New York, on November 21, 2016.

Speier alleges evidence of Trump Organization money laundering ...

Jan 19, 2018 - California Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, is making the accusation that past Trump Organization real estate deals show evidence of money laundering .

Trump's money-laundering allegations by Michael Wolff, Fusion GPS ...

Jan 5, 2018 - There have long been whispers about Trump's property sales to wealthy Russians, and his hundreds of millions in credit from Deutsche Bank, made just as the bank was conducting a massive Russian money - laundering operation. This week, three statements added fuel to speculation that Trump's financial ...

Bannon's big reveal in new Trump book is 'all about money laundering ...

www.chicagotribune.com/.../ct-trump-money-laundering-kushner-20180105-story.ht...
Jan 5, 2018 - The Trump family has had longstanding real estate and licensing dealings with questionable business associates, some of them Russian and some of them not, as I and reporters like the late Wayne Barrett have written about for years. The family's recent departure from its ill-fated Trump SoHo hotel project, ...

Trump had 'pattern' of Russian money laundering: testimony - NY ...

www.nydailynews.com/.../trump-pattern-russian-money-laundering-testimony-article-1....
Jan 18, 2018 - A Russian gangster operated an illegal gambling ring out of a Trump Tower apartment. President Trump had a "pattern" of making real estate deals with Russians indicative of money laundering . Eric Trump bragged about having unlimited access to Russian money for his golf course developments, and ...

Trump's World of Luxury Real Estate Is Fueled By Money-Laundering ...

Aug 31, 2017 - by Dan FroomkinThe ultra-high-end real estate business, where Donald Trump made a lot of his money , is the easiest place for oligarchs and others to launder large amounts of illicit cash.And because several of the lawyers on special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russian connections with ...

Remember, you asked for it, even though its been out there for some time.

As to what began the Mueller investigation, he can thank the idiotic sycophants (ie: Papadopoulos) that he chose to surround himself with.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.17  Sunshine  replied to  luther28 @5.2.16    6 years ago

again...where is the evidence and where are the criminal charges that Trump was involved in any money laundering and deserves a bullet on his back.

these are just media hype and accusations

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
5.2.18  Old Hermit  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.12    6 years ago

where did he state he fired Comey to stop the Russian investigation?

If you don't want to believe your own ears, when you hear Pres. Trump tell Lester Holt he fired Comey over that " Russian Thing", how about when he brags to his Russian handlers about it?

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that the president dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The comments represented an extraordinary moment in the investigation, which centers in part on the administration’s contacts with Russian officials: A day after firing the man leading that inquiry, Mr. Trump disparaged him — to Russian officials.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.17    6 years ago

There is no evidence and there are no charges.  Anti Americans are targeting Trump for no reason other than their TDS over his upset win

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.20  Sunshine  replied to  Old Hermit @5.2.18    6 years ago
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” 

Let's see the whole conversation in content.  Not just little snippets the NYT wishes to print.

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

Didn't Comey tell Trump he wasn't under investigation.  Why would he fire Comey for something that did not exist?

If you don't want to believe your own ears, when you hear Pres. Trump tell Lester Holt he fired Comey over that "Russian Thing",

You provide the transcript from that video where Trumps says he fired Comey because of an Russian investigation.  You have to much wax in your ears.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.19    6 years ago
Anti Americans are targeting Trump

Just because someone is Anti-Trump doesn't make them Anti-American. Most Anti-Trump Americans can't stand Trump because they see the damage he has been doing to our nation, they see his incomparable incompetence, they see his monumental ignorance, they see his enormous undeserved ego and narcissistic arrogance and can't believe some Americans could actually approve of such a clown in the oval office who has made a laughing stock of the Presidency. His own cabinet have called him an F-ing idiot and a moron. He's insulted all our allies while giving comfort to our enemies. He's refused to say a single negative thing about our biggest adversary who attacked our election process, stole private American citizen emails and weaponized them and has continued to blatantly lie about their involvement which sets the stage for them to do it again because they paid no price for their malfeasance.

The truly Anti-American numbskulls are those who refuse to acknowledge that an enemy foreign government deployed active measures during our last election. They are the 50% of Republicans who falsely believe Russia is a friend and ally despite all of the evidence to the contrary because they share a common desire, the complete destruction of western democracy which some in America see as too liberal and too diverse. They fantasize about a white nationalist society that puts white Christians back in charge of our society with all the oversight and separation of Church and State removed lead by a supposedly strong white male Christian which is how they see Russia instead of as the murderous authoritarian dictatorship it is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.23  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.17    6 years ago

Media hype and democrat allegations.  Nothing more.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.24  Skrekk  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.20    6 years ago
Didn't Comey tell Trump he wasn't under investigation.  Why would he fire Comey for something that did not exist?

At least he wasn't when Trump first demanded that Comey make a public statement that he wasn't under investigation, but after Trump fired Comey and publicly admitted that he did it to make that "Russia thing" go away you can rest assured that the DOJ had all the probable cause it needed to investigate Trump for obstruction of justice.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.25  sandy-2021492  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.4    6 years ago

And hiring Flynn, despite knowing he was in Russia's pocket?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.26  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2.25    6 years ago

All secular progressive democrats are in Russia’s pocket, always have been.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.2.27  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.26    6 years ago

May we all see your proof of that statement of FACT please? Please provide a link to a viable source that will confirm your fact as stated.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.2.28  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.26    6 years ago
All secular progressive democrats are in Russia’s pocket, always have been.

PROJECTION ALERT!!    INTENT TO GASLIGHT!! 

As usual nothing but desperate attempts to deflect from Trumps VERY REAL Russia problem.  The truth is getting closer to coming out.  And instead of republicans doing their job (which includes being a check and balance), they are trying to maintain their political capital at the expense of every single value they every used to have.  Tribe identity over values and past positions.  In this case to try to protect Trump against the truth, and they are willing to destroy what they held dear a few months ago for him.  Putin made a good investment in Trump.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.2.29  Randy  replied to    6 years ago
He has and had the constitutional right to fire Comey

True, but not without a valid cause. He can not just fire him on a whim. He knew when he fired him that FBI was investigating Russian meddling and involvement in the 2016 election, something all of America's intelligence agencies agreed happened and he wanted it stopped. So he thought that firing Comey would stop the FBI investigation and he allegedly said so to the Russian Ambassador the next day and then he said so to Lester Holt on American national TV. He went on TV and said he fired Comey because of "the Russian thing". That was an confession, in front of the world, of committing the crime of Obstruction of Justice.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @5    6 years ago
Democrats certainly want Trump to fail and the country to fail as well. Only way they can succeed is for others to fail.

No, Democrats merely want the Turd Sandwich that was elected by a minority of bitter Americans and their white supremacist compatriots to build on the progress we've made instead of trying to take us back half a century to a time when conservatives felt more comfortable being xenophobic, homophobic and Islamophobic. Democrats recognize that America has never been greater than it is now. We've never had a stronger military, never had more pay equity in the workplace, never had as much freedom and equality for all regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof. Real Americans recognize we are always stronger when we embrace our diversity instead of trying to demonize it.

I don't want our President to fail at improving America, but I do want him to fail at taking us back to a time when we were less free, when only a certain class of American was able to get a higher education, jobs or apply for government benefits such as the GI bill for retuning veterans which helped build a strong middle class but discriminated against minorities not allowing them to take advantage of the affordable housing, job training and bank loans the GI bill promised.

If Donald Trump had all Americans best interest at heart I'd be more than happy to support him even though he is a monumental narcissist and self admitted sexual predator. But he doesn't and he never will because he's as blind to what really makes America great as he is incompetent.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3    6 years ago

The turnover at the WH is embarrassing and the reasons are varied.

Everything from lying to the FBI, to not declaring themselves as representing foreign nations to multiple resignations over domestic violence,

while operating the WH staff on dozens of interim security clearances or straight up waivers for persons like Jared Kushner whom the FBI would not approve.

Disgraceful.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    6 years ago

"Hundreds of American companies are bringing jobs to America and paying American workers bonuses. Democrats sat stone faced. The lowest black unemployment rate in 40 years. Democrats smirked. We are defeating ISIS in the Middle East. Ho hum."

Companies supposedly bringing jobs back, but during Trumps first year we only saw a .5% drop in unemployment. The lowest black unemployment rate in 40 years was achieved under his predecessor. We are defeating ISIS in the middle east using the exact same plan Obama did. No wonder Democrats are "Ho hum" about it, Trump is nothing but a narcissistic fat liar taking credit for others achievements. He's taking credit for the stock market until it has the worst one day drop in history, then we get "crickets" from the white house.

Liberals and progressives have never "rooted" against America. The very idea of such is dishonest and ridiculous. Liberals and progressives live here, work here and fight hard to protect our hard won gains like workers ability to unionize, getting closer to true pay equity for women and marriage equality for our LGTBQ citizens. We fight hard for our communities and our military, our public schools and racial equality in the justice system. Liberals and progressives are the only ones truly working towards a more perfect union. Conservatives merely want to take us back to some fantasy time when if you were a white Christian you were always first in line for everything, that's the America they dream about. And just because more than half of Americans don't agree with their fantasy America of the past they claim we're "rooting" against America. Total nonsense. The reality is we simply have two different visions of what makes America great.

Liberals and progressives believe America is greater when we protect thew least among us, when we support workers and public education. We believe America is greater with more diversity, when all citizens are treated equally under the law regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof. Liberals believe we are greater when we are willing to have constructive debates on gun safety and recognize as Justice Scalia did that the 2nd amendment isn't unlimited.

Conservatives believe America is greater when there are more restrictions on personal freedoms, where choice is taken away from women, where public accommodation only applies to white Christians, where tax paying LGTBQ citizens can be treated as second class citizens, denied the right to marry or not served at all by public businesses. Where women aren't paid the same as men for the same work and are denied from serving in the military in many capacities. Conservatives believe we are greater when the 2nd amendment is unlimited for all white Christians who fantasize about fighting some religious war so they need to cling to their bible and their guns.

If you examine our history you can see who has been fighting FOR America, and who has been fighting AGAINST us.

Conservatives fought to defend slavery and segregation, they fought against women and black Americans right to vote, they fought to defend their interracial marriage and gay marriage bans, they fought a women's right to choose, they fought against workers rights to unionize and they fought against allowing women to serve in the military. Thank goodness they lost and will continue to lose as the perennial losers they are. They may have won some temporary battles along the way, which is why it's taken so long, but they always lose in the end.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.1  luther28  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    6 years ago

Rather nicely said.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
6.1.1  Randy  replied to  luther28 @6.1    6 years ago
Rather nicely said.

Couldn't agree more.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.2  Spikegary  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    6 years ago

Actually, I saw on ABC News today that the latest unemployment numbers have dropped again, surprising nearly all the talking heads that were hoping that the number would go up so they could blame Presdient Trump.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.2.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Spikegary @6.2    6 years ago

Black unemployment figures soar in US, days after Trump takes credit for record low

Rates jump from 6.8 per cent to 7.7 per cent in the space of a month

Interesting huh?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.2.1    6 years ago

PERHAPS it is because more blacks are looking? I mean when you see the rates at the time Mr. Trump touted them, they were the lowest ever recorded. Then more started looking which drives up the UE rate (or at least that's what we were told in the Obama years when it went up a tick). So, a lot of wives probably kicked their husband or baby daddy in the ass and told them there was work out there to be had and they damned well better find it. Thus, an increase in lookers, thus, an increase in the unemployment rate. Easy Peasy...........................................

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    6 years ago

Conservatives fought to defend slavery and segregation, they fought against women and black Americans right to vote, they fought to defend their interracial marriage and gay marriage bans, they fought a women's right to choose, they fought against workers rights to unionize and they fought against allowing women to serve in the military. Thank goodness they lost and will continue to lose as the perennial losers they are. They may have won some temporary battles along the way, which is why it's taken so long, but they always lose in the end.

Hi Dismayed

I take exception to the usage of 'Conservative' in your comment, I do not think I have seen such a broad stroke before.    

I am a woman, consider myself to be conservative as a fiscal way of life, not as some social standing based in politics. 

My oldest sons father was very black (RIP) .. my opinion of abortion does not matter, I still support a woman's right to chose, as well as an individuals ability to marry the one they love.  When my dad got a union job, our lives changed - it was a huge leg up - then I saw that very same union demand its way out of a job and crush a family run business that many of the 'old' guys (such as my father) had worked at for 30+ years. 

Do really enjoy my guns, I have a nice collection .. collect daggers as well .. my youngest son collects knives, owns several rifles and shotguns .. was gifted his first pistol for his birthday last summer (both of my sons shoot trap and skeet, youngest hunts) ...  Not going to find a bible in my house though - hope that is not a disappointment or ruins the brush stroke : ) 

Have a nice day...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.3    6 years ago
hope that is not a disappointment or ruins the brush stroke : )

I apologize for using as broad a brush to paint conservatives as the seeded article does liberals, but the fact remains, those who fought to defend much of the most egregious traditions America has practiced such as slavery, segregation and the rest of the things I mentioned, consider themselves "conservatives", and called those who fought for women's rights, fought against slavery, fought for black Americans right to vote, fought against bans on interracial and gay marriage, "liberals".

I get that there are many who consider themselves "fiscally conservative" and "socially liberal" but those aren't the ones I'm speaking of above. The party that has coalesced around Trump are socially conservative and fiscally irresponsible as we saw with the recent tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. Those are the ones I take issue with. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.1    6 years ago

new unemployment claims at lowest level since 1973 now.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.3  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3.2    6 years ago

stock market just hit the worst week in 9 years,

recent gains wiped out back to at least November 1 2017 levels, trillions of gains evaporated

and the day is young......./s

vomit

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3.2    6 years ago
new unemployment claims at lowest level since 1973 now.

We are at 4.1% nationally, that's just a reduction of .6% in the last year under trump. Obama was handed ballooning unemployment that reached 10% before he was able to stabilize the markets. He then got it down to 4.7% before leaving office, a drop of 5.3% but conservatives will never give him credit for it while they cheer and champion Trump for the .6% drop he's overseen giving him all the credit for our historically low unemployment. All Trump has done is keep the same rate of decrease we had under Obama. It wasn't like we were stuck at 4.7% for years and then all of a sudden under trump it started to go down again.

Here are the real numbers:

Unemployment peaked at 10% Oct 2009 during the recession President Obama inherited from Republicans.

2010: 9.6%

2011: 8.9%

2012: 8.1%

2013: 7.4%

2014: 6.2%

2015: 5.3%

2016: 4.9%

Jan 2017 before Trump was inaugurated: 4.7%

So President Obama was averaging .75% reduction annually.

Trumps first year it went from 4.7% down to 4.2%, a reduction of just .5%.

We've now seen another .1% reduction in the first two months of 2018. So Trumps average is actually about 1/3 slower than President Obamas average unemployment reduction.

I'm happy for the .6% drop Trump has managed, it's just beyond dishonest to give him credit for our historic lows.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.6  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago

Bush had his Down payment Act of 2003, a taxpayer give away.....

and campaigned in 2003 & 2004 that America had to become an "ownership society" and get away from renting.

He was as much a part of the problem as any POTUS before him, Carter and Bush 41 included.

Tax policy changes in 1978, 1986 and 1997.

Bank deregulation in 1980, 1982 and 1999,

Relaxation of Adjustable rate mortgages in the early 80's helped seed the housing bubble

and the Graham Leech Blilely act of 1999(?)  pushed us towards the point of no return.

It wasn't a partisan issue.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

You have this exactly right.  Bush had the misfortune of entering office as the tech bubble Clinton recession was going on and left office having to clean up after Democrat housing policies.  He had a good and solid 6 year run in between those events.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
6.4  Randy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    6 years ago
They may have won some temporary battles along the way, which is why it's taken so long, but they always lose in the end.

Sometimes it takes a long time, but you are right. Sooner or later it's the Progressives that always win! Try as they might they can not stop Progress! No matter how much going forward into the future terrifies them! And that is the real reason they fight against Progressives! Fear of Progress! The future terrifies them!

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
7  livefreeordie    6 years ago

I will let this excerpt of a speech in 1946 by JFK speak for why the left hates America.  Everything that JFK are the elements of American character are despised by the left.

JFK on American Character (excerpt)
July 4, 1946
The American character has been not only religious, idealistic, and patriotic, but because of these it has been essentially individual.

The right of the individual against the State has ever been one of our most cherished political principles.

The American Constitution has set down for all men to see the essentially Christian and American principle that there are certain rights held by every man which no government and no majority, however powerful, can deny.

Conceived in Grecian thought, strengthened by Christian morality, and stamped indelibly into American political philosophy, the right of the individual against the State is the keystone of our Constitution. Each man is free.

He is free in thought.

He is free in expression.

He is free in worship.

To us, who have been reared in the American tradition, these rights have become part of our very being. They have become so much a part of our being that most of us are prone to feel that they are rights universally recognized and universally exercised. But the sad fact is that this is not true. They were dearly won for us only a few short centuries ago and they were dearly preserved for us in the days just past. And there are large sections of the world today where these rights are denied as a matter of philosophy and as a matter of government.

We cannot assume that the struggle is ended. It is never-ending.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. It was the price yesterday. It is the price today, and it will ever be the price.

The characteristics of the American people have ever been a deep sense of religion, a deep sense of idealism, a deep sense of patriotism, and a deep sense of individualism.

Let us not blink the fact that the days which lie ahead of us are bitter ones.

May God grant that, at some distant date, on this day, and on this platform, the orator may be able to say that these are still the great qualities of the American character and that they have prevailed.

To us, who have been reared in the American tradition, these rights have become part of our very being. They have become so much a part of our being that most of us are prone to feel that they are rights universally recognized and universally exercised. But the sad fact is that this is not true. They were dearly won for us only a few short centuries ago and they were dearly preserved for us in the days just past. And there are large sections of the world today where these rights are denied as a matter of philosophy and as a matter of government.

We cannot assume that the struggle is ended. It is never-ending.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. It was the price yesterday. It is the price today, and it will ever be the price.

The characteristics of the American people have ever been a deep sense of religion, a deep sense of idealism, a deep sense of patriotism, and a deep sense of individualism.

Let us not blink the fact that the days which lie ahead of us are bitter ones.

May God grant that, at some distant date, on this day, and on this platform, the orator may be able to say that these are still the great qualities of the American character and that they have prevailed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago

Yawn

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago
Everything that JFK are the elements of American character are despised by the right. JFK on American Character (excerpt)July 4, 1946
The American character has been not only religious, idealistic, and patriotic, but because of these it has been essentially individual.The right of the individual against the State has ever been one of our most cherished political principles.The American Constitution has set down for all men to see the essentially Christian and American principle that there are certain rights held by every man which no government and no majority, however powerful, can deny.Conceived in Grecian thought, strengthened by Christian morality, and stamped indelibly into American political philosophy, the right of the individual against the State is the keystone of our Constitution. Each man is free.He is free in thought.He is free in expression.He is free in worship.To us, who have been reared in the American tradition, these rights have become part of our very being. They have become so much a part of our being that most of us are prone to feel that they are rights universally recognized and universally exercised. But the sad fact is that this is not true. They were dearly won for us only a few short centuries ago and they were dearly preserved for us in the days just past. And there are large sections of the world today where these rights are denied as a matter of philosophy and as a matter of government.We cannot assume that the struggle is ended. It is never-ending.Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. It was the price yesterday. It is the price today, and it will ever be the price.The characteristics of the American people have ever been a deep sense of religion, a deep sense of idealism, a deep sense of patriotism, and a deep sense of individualism.Let us not blink the fact that the days which lie ahead of us are bitter ones.May God grant that, at some distant date, on this day, and on this platform, the orator may be able to say that these are still the great qualities of the American character and that they have prevailed.To us, who have been reared in the American tradition, these rights have become part of our very being. They have become so much a part of our being that most of us are prone to feel that they are rights universally recognized and universally exercised. But the sad fact is that this is not true. They were dearly won for us only a few short centuries ago and they were dearly preserved for us in the days just past. And there are large sections of the world today where these rights are denied as a matter of philosophy and as a matter of government.We cannot assume that the struggle is ended. It is never-ending.Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. It was the price yesterday. It is the price today, and it will ever be the price.The characteristics of the American people have ever been a deep sense of religion, a deep sense of idealism, a deep sense of patriotism, and a deep sense of individualism.Let us not blink the fact that the days which lie ahead of us are bitter ones.May God grant that, at some distant date, on this day, and on this platform, the orator may be able to say that these are still the great qualities of the American character and that they have prevailed.

There, fixed it for ya.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago
He is free in thought. He is free in expression. He is free in worship.

These are ideals that liberals hold in the highest esteem. JFK was a behemoth in the Democrat party and supported everything that has become what conservatives call the "liberal agenda". He supported workers right to unionize, he was adamant that his religion would not control his politics as was feared by many protestants of his Catholic background. For unscrupulous conservatives to try some sort of reach around to claim JFK as one of their own is dishonest and disingenuous.

While the political parties in the last 250 years have squiggled back and forth in an attempt to garner more votes depending on the political winds of their times, the basic difference between conservatives and liberals has never changed.

Those who fought for slavery, fought for segregation, fought for discrimination, fought to keep women and blacks from voting, fought to keep interracial and gay couples from marrying, fought to keep workers from unionizing and fought to keep women in the kitchen and out of the military or the workforce have always considered themselves "conservatives". Those who fought to defeat the status quo of slavery, segregation, bans on women and blacks voting, bans on interracial and gay marriage, bans on unionizing and pay inequity of women have always considered themselves "liberal" or "progressive".

Thank goodness for liberals fighting the good fight and always eventually winning which is what has made this great nation even greater. We continue to work towards a more perfect union while conservatives gnash their teeth and wish to go back to a time when they were allowed to dominate American culture and control the status quo of inequality which benefited only themselves.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
7.3.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.3    6 years ago

Todays left are not liberals, they are divided between Marxist fascists and communists

JFK was a conservative who disliked the left

" I’d be very happy to tell them I’m not a liberal at all…I’m not comfortable with those people." John F Kennedy Saturday Evening Post, June 1953

JFK Was a Political Conservative
His image as a big-spending liberal is a widespread myth that needs correcting
Far from being a big-spending liberal, Kennedy was a conservative by the standards of both his time and today. While he increased military spending, overall he restrained federal outlays. His plan for economic growth emphasized not deficits but tax-rate cuts that he argued would eventually pay for themselves by increasing government revenue. He reduced tariffs in pursuit of free trade, and he took a hard line against communism abroad and at home.

JFK on Govt, God, and liberty

The ever expanding power of the federal government, the absorption of many of the functions that states and cities once considered to be responsibilities of their own, must now be a source of concern to all those who believe as did the great patriot, Henry Grattan that: “Control over local affairs is the essence of liberty.”
John F Kennedy Commencement Address, University of Notre Dame, January 29, 1950

John F Kennedy put it exactly right in his inaugural address
"And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe--the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God."

"This administration pledged itself last summer to an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes to be enacted and become effective in 1963. I am not talking about a quickie or a temporary tax cut which would be more appropriate if a recession were imminent. Nor am I talking about giving the economy a mere shot in the arm to ease some temporary complaint. The federal government's most useful role is not to rush into a program of excessive increases in public expenditures, but to expand the incentives and opportunities of private expenditures.
When consumers purchase more goods, plants use more of their capacity, men are hired instead of laid off, investment increases, and profits are high. Corporate tax rates must also be cut to increase incentives and the availability of investment capital. The government has already taken major steps this year to reduce business tax liability and to stimulate the modernization of our productive plant and equipment."
JFK Speech at the New York Economic Club, New York City , Dec 14, 1962

JFK urges nation of prepared Firearms citizens
"In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."
President Kennedy's Commemorative Message on Roosevelt Day, January 29, 1961

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  livefreeordie @7.3.1    6 years ago

JFK opposed the sort of Christian sharia laws you support, Larry.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.4  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago
why the left hates America.

When you start a rant with bullshit like this, I stop reading it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @7.4    6 years ago

That is a choice you are free to make.  Those who chose to participate in the article Stephen Moore wrote, do so with in the coc and stay polite no matter your point of view related to it.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
7.4.2  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @7.4    6 years ago

You do hate the America our founders established. You leftist want an entirely different nation based upon totalitarian statism with forced collectivism and the absence of morality.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.4.3  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @7.4.2    6 years ago

All I want want is for thumpers to keep their bible babble in the home and church or STFU.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.4.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  devangelical @7.4.3    6 years ago
All I want want is for thumpers to keep their bible babble in the home and church or STFU.

like any good fascist... ya want to silence those you disagree with... (who would have guessed)

freedom of religion is not freedom from religion

you want us to shut up?  good luck with that :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.4.3    6 years ago

Sorry but free expression of religious speech and the free excercise there of of religious belief is not and never will be limited to the church and home only come what may.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.4.6  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.4.5    6 years ago

When the free expression/free exercise of any religious ideology crosses over into my space, that's a serious problem for me. The Constitution protects Americans from the imposition of any religious belief system into our government with the 1st and 2nd. When will knuckle dragging thumpers realize that their current revised and rewritten book of fables is now, and will always be like all other religious documents, irrelevant and meaningless compared to the US Constitution as the rule of law in America.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.4.6    6 years ago

Government is not your space.  It belongs to all Americans even those with devout religious beliefs.  The government can’t create a state religion or play favorites among the various religions.  No church or religion can be allowed to compel individuals in matters of conscience through government.  That is separation of church and state.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.4.8  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.4.7    6 years ago

Fortunately the wall of separation in the 1st borders on the 2nd. Thumpers that cross it risk meeting Jesus ahead of schedule.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.4.8    6 years ago

There is no wall in the 1st amendment.  Just a list of things the government is or isn’t permitted to do regarding religion, beliefs, and the free excercise there of.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.4.8    6 years ago

What is your 2nd sentence supposed to mean? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.4.11  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.4.4    6 years ago

Ah, so then you admit trump is a fascist for wanting to silence the media? Thanks for admitting that. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.4.12  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.4.10    6 years ago

The 2nd coming has been rescheduled, thumpers can stand down on triggering armageddon for now. The US Constitution protects Americans from theocracy and provides methods to confront it's attempted impositions. I'll defend the Constitution, just like any other average American would.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.4.13  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @7.4.11    6 years ago
Ah, so then you admit trump is a fascist for wanting to silence the media?

trump is not silencing the media.. he is ridiculing the media. and they deserve every bit of it.

Thanks for admitting that. 

just curious... do you often hear voices in your head and have conversation that you think involve someone else? seriously, if these imaginary voices and conversations continue? for you and your families sake,  seek a mental health specialist.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago

I’d still be a democrat if they still believed what JFK said.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.5.1  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.5    6 years ago

JFK believed in a strict separation of church and state, so I rather doubt you share his views at all.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.5.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @7.5.1    6 years ago

He did.  He had to persuade enough Americans to vote for him to win the office as the first RC president.  Separation of church and state to a certain degree is a good thing.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.5.3  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.5.2    6 years ago
Separation of church and state to a certain degree is a good thing.

"To a certain degree"?   That's a very odd comment and one very much at odds with JFK's views.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
7.5.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.5    6 years ago
I’d still be a democrat if they still believed what JFK said.

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  livefreeordie @7    6 years ago

Well written.  Great post! 🎯👍

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    6 years ago
We opposed the policies, not the man, and in the end the Keynesian big government policies were indeed a failure. We ended up with the weakest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

1) The recession was caused by America hating republicans that were out to line their own pockets with the blood of American soldiers.

2) Pretty funny that this article bashes a recovery, but says nothing about why we needed to recover in the first place, (failed rightist fascist policies). 

3) The recovery may have been faster if the republicans had not been so intent on literally doing nothing for 8 years. The 113th congress, republican majority, was the least productive in the history of the USA. The republicans were so focused on making sure Obama was a one term president, they literally voted against their own bills when they found out that Obama supported them. 

4) Conservatives support fascists, like the neo-nazi's, white nationalists, KKK, etc.. In no way do ANY of these groups adhere to traditional American values and they are firmly right wing. 

Liberals hate America? No, it's the conservatives and their failed policies that are ripping the country apart. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago

The recession was caused by Carter and Clinton policies and a filibuster by democrats to prevent Bush from fixing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    6 years ago
The recession was caused by Carter and Clinton policies

The economy collapsed 7 YEARS into bush's term, I agree that he is an idiot, but own it. He was president, it's his fault. Gee, I wonder who would have blamed it on if bush was a democrat? Yea, exactly. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.1    6 years ago

It only took democrats taking both houses of congress in 2006 elections to trigger the Great Recession.  

Junior Participates
8.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    6 years ago
The recession was caused by Carter and Clinton policies and a filibuster by democrats to prevent Bush from fixing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

Oh, the lies rightwingers have to live by.  It must be the only way they can cope with a world they can't understand. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8.2  Randy  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago
Conservatives support fascists, like the neo-nazi's, white nationalists, KKK, etc.. In no way do ANY of these groups adhere to traditional American values and they are firmly right wing.

Especially the current administration! The proposed changes to legal immigration are aimed at keeping America as a white majority nation for as long as possible. It will be futile true, extending the estimate from 2044 to 2049, but delaying the inevitable is better then nothing for the likes of Trump and Miller.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  arkpdx  replied to    6 years ago

The crickets are warming up for their prrfirmance while you wait for an answer .

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8.2.3  Randy  replied to    6 years ago

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8.2.5  Randy  replied to  Randy @8.2.3    6 years ago

Funny, but now I am the one hearing crickets?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy @8.2.5    6 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Junior Participates
8.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago
Let's see some proof of this amazingly moronic statement.

"We need more immigrants from Norway"

--minmally paraphrased statement from "president" RacistScumBagTrump® when lamenting about letting too many dark-skinned people into the country. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.2.9  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago

Norway is 97.7% white. With that high of a percentage, it's not an opinion anymore. 

Junior Participates
8.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago
That's not proof, that's OPINION.

It's a bold expression of a desire.  He didn't say "I think.......etc.".  It was a loud complaint that we need to push for more white people (to keep from being in a minority where we might not have has much power as we've always enjoyed and abused).  

the article actually proves there is indeed a movementAGAINSTwhite Americans,

That would be the KKK take-away, yes. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8.2.11  Randy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.10    6 years ago

Or the take away of someone who didn't actually read the article with an open mind. Oh wait...that's what you just said. Sorry.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8.2.12  Randy  replied to  Randy @8.2.11    6 years ago

Oh and the article was factual proof, using actual facts and it gave a complete explanation at the bottom of the article of the facts they used to arrive at the conclusions that they did. Some people may not like the results, but they are facts, not opinions and as they say, you can have your own opinions, but not your own facts.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    6 years ago

Yet another worthless article. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @9    6 years ago

thats your opinion which to me is of the same value as that which you view the article.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    6 years ago

I have never in my life seen an American liberal, "root against America"... Your extreme use of hyperbole makes the article completely worthless and stupid. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.1    6 years ago

They do it all the time.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago

Proof please. You make a LOT of statements as if they are fact, when they are only your own OPINION. Unless......you can provide proof of your statements as FACT. May we now see that proof?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1.3    6 years ago

He can't, it's all hyperbole presented as fact... In other words, it's all bullshit. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.4    6 years ago

Agreed. I think that is more than abundantly clear. However, I always like to at least give a person the opportunity to prove their statements are more than merely their own opinions stated as fact. 

Junior Participates
9.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.4    6 years ago
He can't, it's all hyperbole presented as fact.

That's unwarranted politeness IMHO.  Every single one of HA "contributions" to the NT (as it was on NV) is a massive rightwing bullshit cake with a thick perverted born-again frosting.  

Junior Participates
9.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago
They do it all the time.

Says one who thinks Putin is our friend and supports unquestioningly supports president of the United States being in cahoots with a hostile and malignant foreign state.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    6 years ago

Conservatism uses The Goebbels Philosophy to divide, twist the facts and blame.

The term, "Dumbing down of America" is of conservative design.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @10    6 years ago

Goddards Law invoked. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
10.2.1  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2    6 years ago

You're sooooooo smart !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2    6 years ago
Goddards Law

I think you mean Goodwin's Law. Goddards law deals with animal cruelty in Ohio. laughing dude

And for the record, this from Mark Goodwin himself.

Mike Godwin, creator of Godwin's law, has rescinded his own rule for those outraged by vile fascists marching the streets of Virginia, USA, at the weekend.

In other words, it's OK to call these un-American white supremacists exactly what they are: "By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you," Godwin said on Sunday evening.

Junior Participates
10.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2    6 years ago
Goddards Law invoked.

Well, it's Godwin, not Goddard,* so thanks for showing us you don't know shit about it (or anything else, for that matter).  

Or, is there a rightwing Goddards [sic] law?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
10.3  pat wilson  replied to  bbl-1 @10    6 years ago
Conservatism uses The Goebbels Philosophy to divide, twist the facts and blame.

A more current term for the same thing is "gas-lighting". It involves constant repetition of a lie until people begin to believe it. This will lead to the end of democracy.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.3.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  pat wilson @10.3    6 years ago

gaslighting?   as in grubered?

In yet another video, Gruber says the Obama administration knew the individual mandate was a tax, but that if Americans knew the truth “the bill dies.” So the bill “was written in a tortured way to make sure [the Congressional Budget Office] did not score the mandate as taxes.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-thanks-to-jonathan-gruber-for-revealing-obamacare-deception/2014/11/17/356514b2-6e72-11e4-893f-86bd390a3340_story.html?utm_term=.e59ed25d93ed

hint: gas lighting is over rated and does not work on most people.

people are not as stupid in real life as they are in the movies

but back to obamacare... it is good thing "you can keep your doctor :)

I got to keep my doctor too.... I did it by canceling my insurance the day they passed obamacare into law.

I also gave my self a waiver so I would not be paying any fines.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.3.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  pat wilson @10.3    6 years ago
A more current term for the same thing is "gas-lighting".

current? that movie was in black and white... LOL

that was then... this is now.

.” He adds that “the lack of transparency is a huge political advantage” and that “the stupidity of the American voter . . . was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-thanks-to-jonathan-gruber-for-revealing-obamacare-deception/2014/11/17/356514b2-6e72-11e4-893f-86bd390a3340_story.html?utm_term=.b04857ef563d

today, the current term is "gruber or grubered"

I will use it in a sentence for you.

"the left tried to gruber the right and failed.

Cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @10.3.2    6 years ago

Well stated.  Great posts.  Progressives think that all disagreement with their policy ideals is by nature divisive.  We will not be coerced into accepting their dogma.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.3.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @10.3.2    6 years ago

Well stated.  Great posts.  Progressives think that all disagreement with their policy ideals is by nature divisive.  We will not be coerced into accepting their dogma.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.3.5  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.3.3    6 years ago
We will not be coerced into accepting their dogma.

Nor will non-Republicans be coerced into accepting the Republican dogma.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.3.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @10.3.5    6 years ago

Presenting our libertarian ad or conservative viewpoints to be seen or read is not in any way coercing one to accept them.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.3.7  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.3.6    6 years ago

Neither are those by the Democrats, however, that never stops any of the GOP side from trying to make it sound like that, which you have just done. The GOP side is NOT without fault, no more so than the Democrats. Both are disgusting and full of guilt in doing all they can to try and make themselves look like the best team, when neither one is anywhere near the best team, and there is equal guilt on both sides. 

So when you blindly paint the GOP with golden ink and the Dems with black ink, you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.  

Junior Participates
10.3.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  pat wilson @10.3    6 years ago
It involves constant repetition of a lie until people begin to believe it. This will lead to the end of democracy.

It's the old "don't believe your lyin' eyes" gambit. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
11  Steve Ott    6 years ago

Where have I seen this before?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Steve Ott @11    6 years ago

Yeah, but...that was different.  Somehow.