╌>

What if our politicians weren’t the bitch of the NRA?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  83 comments

What if our politicians weren’t the bitch of the NRA?

Parkland Shooting Survivor Calls Out Lawmakers In Chilling NRA-Style Ad

Florida school shooting survivor David Hogg uses propaganda tactics usually deployed by the National Rifle Association to call out lawmakers in a new ad.

“What if our politicians weren’t the bitch of the NRA?” the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student asks in the commercial, which is reminiscent of those produced  by the gun rights lobbying association.

@davidhogg111    # WhatIf we could go to school without fearing for our lives?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

“What if we all voted and said this is not OK?” Hogg adds in the above clip, which he shared to Twitter on Friday.

Hogg, who earlier this month said President Donald Trump needed to “listen to the screams of the children” about gun control, ends the video by promoting the upcoming March For Our Lives  in Washington, D.C., on March 24.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2  PJ    6 years ago

I'm rooting for these young voters.  It would be great if they are able to get the NRA money out of the pockets of the politicians.  We need to get rid of those politicians that are more concerned about their own careers then they are about the lives of their constituents and our country. 

I'm confident that these young adults are far more superior in their handling of social media and in getting the message out.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago

It is funny when you think about it, most of the kids who will be marching this weekend will be old enough to vote in the upcoming election and, those that aren't will be old enough to vote in 2020.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.1  PJ  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    6 years ago

Today's shooting in Maryland is just another incentive for these young voters.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  PJ @2.1.1    6 years ago

I remember when I was a kid, younger than 18 that is and, the protests to lower the voting age to 18 started, I was excited and, hopeful, when it finally happened I had just turned 19 and, was able to register, my first election was during Nixon's time in the White House, never knew what was coming until Watergate became national, haven't voted Republican since.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.2  luther28  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago
It would be great if they are able to get the NRA money out of the pockets of the politicians.

What would be better is to remove all money from politics (if we're going to dream, then dream big).

My long term hope for the Country, is the young folks. I hope they are well rested because we are handing off a complete mess to them, I hope they do a better job than we did.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  luther28 @2.2    6 years ago

My long term hope for the Country, is the young folks. I hope they are well rested because we are handing off a complete mess to them, I hope they do a better job than we did.

Based upon the widespread actions of these kids-- the future is starting to look a bit brighter! :-)

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.2.2  PJ  replied to  luther28 @2.2    6 years ago
What would be better is to remove all money from politics (if we're going to dream, then dream big).

Yes, I agree.  I'm wishing big too.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago
the NRA money out of the pockets of the politicians

The NRA doesn't actually give that much money to politicians. They do give a lot of money to PACs. But in terms of straight up donations to candidates, the NRA isn't even in the Top 100 of political donors . They aren't even in the top 400

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.3.1  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    6 years ago
The NRA doesn't actually give that much money to politicians.

They give enough to own votes.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @2.3.1    6 years ago

They only own the votes of people who are going to vote that way regardless.

Lost is liberal translation ......

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.3.3  PJ  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.2    6 years ago

I'm not a liberal.   I'm an American.  What are you?

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
2.3.4  Raven Wing  replied to  PJ @2.3.3    6 years ago

Right on!!!  I'm An American first and foremost. Nothing else matters. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @2.3.3    6 years ago

I’m a Russian bot who grew up better dead than red ...... Oorah!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3.6  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @2.3.1    6 years ago
They give enough to own votes.

What does that even mean?

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.3.7  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @2.3.6    6 years ago

It means - they bought enough votes to ensure that the laws don't impede the gun industry profits.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago

I'm confident that these young adults are far more superior in their handling of social media and in getting the message out.  

I think that's true.

Another reason they are doing what they are doing is that this generation seems to be, simply stated-- a lot less willing to put up with bullsh*t!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago
 It is funny when you think about it, most of the kids who will be marching this weekend will be old enough to vote in the upcoming election and, those that aren't will be old enough to vote in 2020.

Something that the politicans should be thinking of instead of telling them they  don't know what their talking about.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago
Something that the politicans should be thinking of instead of telling them they  don't know what their talking about.

The politicians said the same thing in the sixties, look what happened then. They just don't learn, the politicians that is.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  luther28  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    6 years ago
They just don't learn, the politicians that is.

Apparently neither do we, we're the ones that keep electing these imbeciles.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    6 years ago
The politicians said the same thing in the sixties,

I was part of that generation-- and I was a political activist in the 60s. We had two major successes-- ones that the older generation of activists was unable to do.  We helped turn public opinion against Segregation (and succeeded in getting that legislation passed) and we helped turn opinion against the War in Viet-Nam.

I see many similarities between the people I was involved with back then (1960s) and these kids in the #neveragain  and #marchforourlives movement today.

(Although I haven't been politically active for years, I have been considering going to Washington this weekend to join the protest...)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    6 years ago
(Although I haven't been politically active for years, I have been considering going to Washington this weekend to join the protest...)

I'd love to do that as well but, finances prevent the travel. However, I don't see anything stopping me from cheering them on and, helping when and, as I can.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
4  Randy    6 years ago

That kid has a hell of a future himself. I think the kids are going to make a huge difference in this year's election and in 2020. I support them completely.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Randy @4    6 years ago

The young people today are a hell of a lot smarter than the majority of the people running our country, state and local governments. I may not be around when they take control of our country as there are no guarantees about tomorrow, but, I would bet good money that our country will be 100 times better off when that time comes.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    6 years ago

The young people today are just like we were.

Just like us in the day, they don’t know what they don’t know yet.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    6 years ago

No they aren't. Back in the day we did not have to worry about being massacred while sitting in a classroom like today. We did not have computers or the Internet to use to find out facts for ourselves like they do today. We could only rely on whatever the teachers thought we should be taught. We didn't have Smart phones, banned books, violent video games, have access to how to make a bomb in our own room,  worry about where the next terrorists would strike, being shot or blown up while sitting in a movie theater or church, or being creamed by someone texting while driving.

These are things that young people today are growing up with, and they are learning to empower themselves on how to deal with them and what needs to be done to make our world a safer place for their own children. 

Those of us who are the elders should be doing all we can to leave them a better world, instead of worrying about who is loyal to which political party of religion. They are now learning the things WE should have been learning long ago and we would not be in the mess we are in now. 

Mistakes should be learned from, and how not to make them again, not see how much we can blame others for them. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.2    6 years ago
Back in the day we did not have to worry about being massacred while sitting in a classroom like today.

Yeah, we just had those cool "Duck and Cover" drills in case of a Nuclear bomb strike during the cold war ....... which was nice, since they doubled for Tornado and Earthquake drills as well.   Hiding under our school desks, waiting to get nuc'd, was so comforting

So we had that going for us .....

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.3    6 years ago

Yes, we did have those kind of drills, and living in "tornado alley" at the time, I was more afraid of being torn apart by a tornado. So the sirens scared me more for that reason than being nuked. 

Carswell AFB with the Strategic Air Command was located nearby, which would have made our area a primary target for being nuked should that ever happen. But, I never considered that the bigger threat. And I never worried about being killed when I went to the local theater to enjoy a good movie, or while shopping at our local department stores. We did not have open terrorists threats every day of the week, and not every family own a AR-15 or the like and fanatically coveted their guns and feared their fellow man.

No.....it was a much different world, one that today's children can't relate to, as their own world is filled with violence and hatred. 

And that is sad. So very sad.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.4    6 years ago
But, I never considered that the bigger threat.

Easy to say now but if you didn’t others certainly did.      We came damn close more than once.    Regardless of how you rationalize it today it was an extremely dangerous situation for the entire country.    It’s all perspective.

And I never worried about being killed when I went to the local theater to enjoy a good movie, or while shopping at our local department stores.

Okay, I worry more about getting creamed on the road by a distracted  driver.    Every time I drive.    You should as well.    Statistically speaking you are in much more danger then.   Much more.

We did not have open terrorists threats every day of the week, and not every family own a AR-15 or the like and fanatically coveted their guns and feared their fellow man.

and not every family owns something like that now either.    That said it’s  been about 40 years since we had  military armored personnel carriers with mounted  50 cal machine guns cruising down our streets protecting us from rioters

Yep, felt really, really safe then ..... again, it’s all perspective.

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    6 years ago
That said it’s  been about 40 years since we had  military armored personnel carriers with mounted  50 cal machine guns cruising down our streets protecting us from rioters

Never saw or heard of anything like that happening in the US when I was young. And with Carswell AFB and the National Guard stationed in our city, they were certainly there. But, no one ever saw them prowling our city streets.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.6    6 years ago

Read your history, It happened, at least in a Detroit it did.    More than a little unsettling seeing an APC rolling down your street.    Kids today have seen nothing like that.   

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.7    6 years ago

And I hope they never do. However, with the spastic nut job in the Oval office nothing is out of the question. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.8    6 years ago

Yeah, i’m sure if anyone riots, whatever the reason, you’ll blame Trump.

Amazing how everything bad comes back  to Trump with some of you folks.     Worse yet if that lying, cheating sea hag Hillary was POTUS you’d probably be defending its every move. Regardless how bad it was.

Just amazing

Raven Wing
Professor Participates
4.1.10  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.9    6 years ago

Yeah....and I have to wonder what the reaction of the right wing would be if Trump suddenly decided to ditch the GOP and rejoin the Dems.

Good money is they would want to have him immediately impeached and then tarred and feathered. But, as long as he remains a Republican he can do no wrong. And that is what he is counting on. 

Now take your snark and run along and play with those who think it's cute. No interest here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.10    6 years ago

If you don’t want snark don’t respond with snark.

snark is as snark does

Trump was the evil required to beat the real evil.   Hillary “the sea hag” Clinton

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    6 years ago

David Hogg suddenly burst onto the international and national anti-gun/gun control political stage on Feb. 14, 2018.

Why haven't Vox, Time, the Miami Herald, and other media sources been able to find out what his real DOB is? Mr. Hogg has given a number of interviews, so this would be a softball question.

Born
David Miles Hogg [1] c. 2000/2001 (age 17–18) [2]

David Miles Hogg   (born  c.  2000 / 2001) is an  American  survivor of the  massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School  on February 14, 2018, and afterward became a  gun control  advocate and an activist against  gun violence in the United States . [3] [4] [5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hogg_(activist) 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    6 years ago

Deleted CoC {SP}

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6  Rmando    6 years ago

Too bad he uses crude language and a child like understanding of gun control. There seems to be as much understanding of the political system and the Constitution at one of these walkouts as there is at a Miley Cyrus concert.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Rmando @6    6 years ago

Wonder if someone can explain where his sudden flood of money is coming from to be able to pay for these "interviews" and "paid ads"?????

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    6 years ago
Wonder if someone can explain where his sudden flood of money is coming from to be able to pay for these "interviews" and "paid ads"?????

Apparently a lot of it comes from many, many small contributions from around the country-- from people who have decided that they care more about our children than they care about making it easy for anyone to possess weapons of war such as AR-15s.

I was wondering the same thing so I googled it-- and came acros websites such as this one:

March for Our Lives Action Fund

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @6    6 years ago
Too bad he uses crude language and a child like understanding of gun control.

True,

But the real question is-- will the Mueller investigation eventually result in his impeachment and removal from office?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.2.1  Rmando  replied to  Krishna @6.2    6 years ago

You'll be lucky if Mueller finds so much  as an unpaid parking ticket against Trump. I can't wait until a second special counsel is named to blow the lid off the biased and out of control Mueller team.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @6.2.1    6 years ago
You'll be lucky if Mueller finds so much  as an unpaid parking ticket against Trump.

Well, so far its been found that Trump paid $130,000 "hush money" to Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about the fact that he was cheating on his wife fucking her (or trying to?).

And let's see...

Michael Flynn (Trump's former National Security Advisor) is under indictment due to Mueller's efforts. And Mueleer got a guilty plea from Flynn!

Even as he was managing Donald J. Trump’s campaign for president, Paul Manafort lied to banks to secure millions of dollars in cash loans as part of a decade-long money laundering scheme, according to  charges unsealed by the special counsel  on Thursday

Then there is the indictment Mueller got against Trump's last campaign manager Paul Manafort. 

And the indictment of Gates.

After Mr. Gates and Mr. Manafort were indicted, a former national security adviser and a foreign policy aide to Mr. Trump have pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. about their Russian connections. And 13 Russian operatives were charged with trying to sow chaos in the presidential election and tip the vote toward Mr. Trump.

I don't know about minor charges such as parking tickets-- but Mueller has gotten indictments-- and guilty please! on much more serious charges against quite a few individuals.....

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.2.3  Rmando  replied to  Krishna @6.2.2    6 years ago

And how did any illegal things Manafort and Gates did years before they had anything to do with Trump help Trump win the election unfairly? Also any money Trump had paid out to any former lover could best be described as "Clinton like" behavior. Good luck getting a successful impeachment with that one.

As for Flynn and his process crime we are finding out more each day on the fishy relationship between Strzok and the judge who took the plea. That story is far from over.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3  Tacos!  replied to  Rmando @6    6 years ago
Too bad he uses crude language and a child like understanding of gun control.

Interesting that none of the #MeToo people object to his use of the misogynistic term "bitch."

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6.3    6 years ago

oh, please. 
Spare us your righteous indignation

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6.3    6 years ago

Interesting that none of the   #MeToo   people object to his use of the misogynistic term "bitch."

Interesti;ng? Yes-- absolutely fascinating! Simply--- mesmerizing!!! (Well-- whatever "floats your boat" LOL :-))

I suppose that rather than obsessing about trivial things, after you've seen your friends massacred in front of younin cold bllod-- you might want to focus instead on actions to lower the odds of such horrors in thefuture.

lSo they are organizing to raise awareness-- and present the true facts rather than the "alternative facts". If your wondering how they plan to do this (I know I was curious about that at first as well) here's but one example:

March for Our Lives - Find an Event

On March 24, the kids and families of March For Our Lives will take to the streets to demand that their lives and safety become a priority, and that we end gun violence in our schools and communities.

Join the March for Our Lives event near you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6.3    6 years ago
#MeToo people object to his use of the misogynistic term "bitch."

Oh--- the horror!

(And rumour has it that one of them-- hold on to your hats!-- actually said..."Damn" at one point!)

I am shocked-- absolutely shocked I tell you! Sad

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.3.4  Rmando  replied to  Krishna @6.3.3    6 years ago

That's almost as funny as liberals pretending to be so offended their virgin ears never heard the words "shithole" or "pussy" in their entire lives.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.1    6 years ago
Spare us your righteous indignation

Reading comprehension tip: I wasn't expressing my own indignation. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Leftists who love to condemn racist and sexist behavior except when it is expressed by one of their own.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.5    6 years ago

riiiigggghhhhttttt

I'm not offended by the word bitch

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.7  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6.3.2    6 years ago
I suppose that rather than obsessing about trivial things

Yes. It's always "trivial" when a leftist uses misogynistic terms. How would you feel if he said politicians were the NRA's "house niggas?" Would that be racist or trivial?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.8  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.6    6 years ago
I'm not offended by the word bitch

Go out into the world and use it on a few women. Let us know how that goes for you.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Rmando @6.3.4    6 years ago
pretending to be so offended their virgin ears never heard the words "shithole" or "pussy" in their entire lives.

I'm not in the least bit offended by hearing those words, what I'm offended and embarrassed by were the context this incompetent President used them. To say "sh!thole" is very different than calling our allies countries "sh!tholes". To say "pu$$y" is very different than admitting on an open mic that you "don't even wait" for women's consent and you just "grab 'em by the pu$$y". To claim the context is innocuous or irrelevant is to be either extremely stupid or debilitatingly obtuse.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.8    6 years ago

I have.

Did I mention I'm female?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.11  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.10    6 years ago
Did I mention I'm female?

Not sure how that would matter. You probably have lots of female friends, too. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @6.3.4    6 years ago
That's almost as funny as liberals pretending to be so offended their virgin ears never heard the words "shithole" or "pussy" in their entire lives.

If that's an attempt to derail the conversation-- surely you can do better that that!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.13  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.8    6 years ago

Go out into the world and use it on a few women. Let us know how that goes for you.

Generalize much?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.11    6 years ago
You probably have lots of female friends, too.

Not really, but the ones I do have I call them whores

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3.15  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.7    6 years ago
Yes. It's always "trivial" when a leftist uses misogynistic terms. How would you feel if he said politicians were the NRA's "house niggas?" Would that be racist or trivial?

"House nigga" has a definite meaning (differenta than "Field nigga"-- which also has a definite meaning).

Calling someone a "house nigga" is similar in concept to calling someone an "Uncle Tom". I've heard the terms used a lot-- and have used them myself-- often in racially mixed settings. They are useful descriptors....so no, I'm not offended.

As previously mentioned, I was involved in the thick  of the Civil Rights movement in the 60s (In North Carolina). One of the many things I've learned was the significant difference between mere words-- and actions. Interestingly, over the years much to my surprise, I've found I've become much less upset (if at all) by "nasty" words....and  am more concerned by actual actions.

(Interpret that any way you want :-)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.16  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6.3.15    6 years ago
I've found I've become much less upset (if at all) by "nasty" words....and  am more concerned by actual actions.

That sounds very healthy. If only people actually lived out that policy with regard to the president.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
6.4  Larry Hampton  replied to  Rmando @6    6 years ago

Actually there's nothing crude about the word at all; it's the most accurate word to describe the relationship.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8  devangelical    6 years ago

The reality is, until evangelical churches and their schools are getting shot up on a regular basis, gun laws are unlikely to change much.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
8.1  Rmando  replied to  devangelical @8    6 years ago

Churches are getting shot up:

Fortunately most evangelicals believe in having a good guy with a gun instead of relying on Broward Country style Keystone Kops.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @8.1    6 years ago

Fortunately most evangelicals believe in having a good guy with a gun

So are you sasying that kids with guns are "bad guys"? Consider this-- if there were more kids with funs in schools,many of these gun massacres in schools couild've been avoided!

(Provided, of course, that these kids, like their teachers, received training in the proper use of guns-- training is the key!)

US girl shoots gun instructor in the head

The gun culture in the US is back in the spotlight after a nine-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed her instructor at an Arizona shooting range. The child was being shown how to fire the weapon, but lost control when it was switched to automatic

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
8.1.2  Rmando  replied to  Krishna @8.1.1    6 years ago

Nobody is talking about arming kids.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @8.1.2    6 years ago
Nobody is talking about arming kids.

I am aware of the fact that most people don't actually want to watch a video before commenting about it-- but if you are at all curious about what's happening in the video posted in comment #8.1.1-- you might want to actually watch it to see what the little girl is being trained to do!!!!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.2  Jasper2529  replied to  devangelical @8    6 years ago
The reality is, until evangelical churches and their schools are getting shot up on a regular basis, gun laws are unlikely to change much.

What is an "evangelical" church? Many mainstream Christian denominations, including Roman Catholic, have evangelical-leaning churches/congregations.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.2    6 years ago

What is an "evangelical" church?

Google is your friend:

Definition of   evangelical

1 :   of, relating to, or being in agreement with the Christian gospel especially as it is presented in the four Gospels
2 :   protestant
3 :   emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual
4 a   capitalized   :   of or relating to the Evangelical Church in Germany
b   often capitalized   :   of, adhering to, or marked by fundamentalism   :   fundamentalist
c   often capitalized   :   low church
5 :   marked by militant or crusading zeal   :   evangelistic

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Krishna @8.2.1    6 years ago
Google is your friend:

Krishna, thank you for posting a snarky comment that was meant to demean my intelligence. You obviously didn't notice that I placed the word within quotes and was therefore being sarcastic.

Many people don't know that most evangelicals are peaceful members of a diverse number of mainstream Christian denominations. Ignorant people immediately associate evangelicals with Westboro Baptist Church and other radicals.

I have nothing further to discuss with you regarding this topic.

PS... I do not use Google, because it is rife with censorship and doesn't present all sides.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.2.2    6 years ago
PS... I do not use Google, because it is rife with censorship and doesn't present all sides.

Obviously you don't use it-- because ifyou did you would know taht searches brinbg up articles from bothbsides (more than two sides actuially0.. After you get get results, you can immediately see what the spurce is (you can see the urls)-- and you can click opn the ones you want to look at.

(I do use google-- frequetly-- muybe 5 or 6 times/day or more).

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Krishna @8.2.3    6 years ago
(I do use google-- frequetly-- muybe 5 or 6 times/day or more).

That is your prerogative. I prefer using Bing and DuckDuckGo for security reasons.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8.3  luther28  replied to  devangelical @8    6 years ago

Charleston church shooting in 2015 did not seem to make much of an impact. Christ having one of their own (Scalise) take a bullet last year did not seem to make a dent in their fealty to the NRA.

At this point, I have no idea as to what it will take to get through to them other than a whack across the head with Sister Mary Scolasticas ruler.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.4  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @8    6 years ago
until evangelical churches and their schools are getting shot up on a regular basis, gun laws are unlikely to change much.

Considering we have had guns for a long time, why would a sudden murder spree imply a need for a new gun law? Do you ever hold people accountable for their behavior?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    6 years ago

There's a reason high school kids don't vote. There is so little thought put into their analysis of the issues, I'm glad they don't shape public policy.

What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of The NRA?

So, I guess the thesis here is that voters are actually anti-2nd Amendment, and politicians campaign claiming they, too, are anti-2nd Amendment, and then somehow that all changes when they're elected because the NRA gets to them?

You don't need to consider that for more than about a millionth of a second before you realize how stupid that is. Here's the reality: Voters (i.e. grownups who have been educated about our history as well as the modern state of crime) understand why we have a 2nd Amendment and also why people might feel very strongly about possessing a gun for their own protection. These voters want to preserve that right and so they vote for politicians who promise to protect that right.

The NRA doesn't have anything to do with it beyond helping to educate voters about where politicians stand on the issue. This is what the Sierra Club does and it's what PETA does, but they do it for trees and animals.

Politicians aren't the NRA's bitches. They're MY bitches. I vote and they represent me. Politicians running for office talk a lot about what they claim to believe, but the NRA will tell me how they actually vote when given the chance. That's a service, not a problem.

These kids need to stop watching the Clinton News Network and get educated about 1) Why we have a 2nd Amendment and 2) a little thing called personal responsibility. But in this context, that means blaming people - or even society - instead of an inanimate object for the decision to commit murder. In other words, there is a reason someone commits mass murder and if you really care about kids and these shootings, you'll ask the question, "why does a person think it's a good idea to shoot a school full of kids?" Then, you'll be taking a step toward actually solving a problem.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Welcome Cobaltblue-- nice to see you again :-)

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10    6 years ago

Ooops-- looks like I scared her away!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Would the NRA wear such big balls if the majority of Americans didn't want it to have the power it has?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11    6 years ago

I don't agree with the NRA on everything but the fact remains they gleen most of their power from the many Americans who DO agree with their base mission.  

That is, protecting constitutionally mandated gun rights for Americans.   If not them, then who?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12  It Is ME    6 years ago

David Hogg is nothing more than a wannabe journalist, that is more worried about getting the story, than actually trying to save someone.

" He told CNN that he hid in a closet during the shooting and pulled out his phone, interviewing people near him about what was happening.While he was filming, he said that all he could think was: “Tell the story.  If I was going to die, I wanted to die doing what I love, and that’s storytelling.  

What a fucking Self serving DINK !

How many people were in that little closet he was in anyway. How many folks did Hogg try to save, like the actual heroes that did save.