╌>

McConnell says he backs Mueller probe after classified briefing

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  6 years ago  •  160 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Max Greenwood of The Hill - 5/25/2018

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday after attending a classified briefing that he continues to support special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow. McConnell told NPR that Mueller's investigation and a separate probe by the Justice Department's inspector general into the FBI's actions during the 2016 election will ultimately provide answers to a number of questions swirling around the presidential race.

"The two investigations going on that I think will give us the answers to the questions that you raise - the [inspector general] investigation in the Justice Department and the Mueller investigation," McConnell told NPR.

"I support both of them, and I don't really have anything to add to this subject based upon the Gang of Eight briefing that we had today, which was classified."

McConnell's vote of confidence in Mueller's investigation came after he attended a highly classified meeting with top law enforcement and intelligence officials on Thursday.

The White House brokered a pair of briefings between officials and key lawmakers at the Justice Department to discuss the FBI's use of a top-secret informant in the early days of a counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election.

The briefing attended by McConnell was given to the so-called "Gang of Eight" - a bipartisan group of lawmakers, consisting of the four top congressional leaders and the top Republicans and Democrats on the House and Senate Intelligence committees.

The White House had initially pushed for Justice Department officials to brief a select group of Republican lawmakers on Thursday, but arranged for a second, broader bipartisan briefing after facing pressure from Democrats and some Republicans.

Reports have indicated that the FBI source met with three advisers to President Trump's campaign during the 2016 election. Trump and his allies have claimed without evidence in recent days that the FBI used the informant to improperly spy on his campaign.

Trump has asserted that Mueller's investigation is a "hoax" and a "witch hunt" intended to undermine his presidency.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

After being briefed on evidence in the Mueller case against Trump Mitch McConnell was... "SAD".

After seeing evidence the gop's man in the Senate has no other choice but to support Mueller...

Why, considering it made Mitch sad? Proof, already recorded, is too damning to do otherwise.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1  Rmando  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago

Or maybe Mitch knows what everybody else does- that Mueller has nothing on Trump and it's better just to let him have his fun while everybody else gets Mueller fatigue. 

Are you likewise thrilled about his support of the IG investigations?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago
fter being briefed on evidence in the Mueller case against Trump Mitch McConnell was... "SAD

More imaginary news for the leftwingers.

The briefing had nothing to do with Mueller's investigation. 

"White House brokered a pair of briefings between officials and key lawmakers at the Justice Department to discuss the FBI's use of a top-secret informant in the early days of a counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election."

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2    6 years ago
"White House brokered a pair of briefings between officials and key lawmakers at the Justice Department to discuss the FBI's use of a top-secret informant in the early days of a counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election."

If 'the briefing had nothing to do with Mueller's investigation', WHY did McConnell state that he supports the Mueller investigation when asked about his reaction after the briefing? 

BTFW, WHO is currently leading the 'counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election'? 

Distinction without a difference...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.2.1    6 years ago

HO is currently leading the 'counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election

Who was leading the probe in 2016 when the decision was made to spy on the Trump campaign? That's what the briefing was about, not what evidence Mueller has found since being appointed in 2017.

Distinction without a difference...

What a preposterous response. The briefing McConnell attended concerns  a probe led by IG Michael Horowitz about possible abuses of our intelligence system by the Obama administration. Mueller is supposed to be looking into Russian collusion.  If you can't understand the difference between Mueller's probe and the IG's, I can't help you. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.2    6 years ago
Who was leading the probe in 2016 when the decision was made to spy on the Trump campaign?

Since NO ONE made a decision to 'spy on the Trump campaign', the answer is NO ONE. 

That's what the briefing was about, not what evidence Mueller has found since being appointed in 2017.

WHO will be USING the evidence, IF ANY, that the CI garnered? 

What a preposterous response. The briefing McConnell attended concerns  a probe led by IG Michael Horowitz about possible abuses of our intelligence system by the Obama administration.

Says WHO? Post a link where someone who attended the meeting said that. They sure as hell didn't characterize it that way BEFORE the meeting. 

Mueller is supposed to be looking into Russian collusion.

Actually, it may behoove you to READ the Mueller appointment. Here is how it starts:

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:

Secondly, UNLESS you believe that the Trump Campaign colluded with the Russians [individuals and companies] that have been indicted, I suggest you admit that Mueller's mandate is broader than what you claim. 

If you can't understand the difference between Mueller's probe and the IG's, I can't help you. 

Oh I understand it fully without any need of assistance from you. Thanks for the offer though...

BTW, I note that you didn't answer my question about McConnell's statement after the briefing. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.4  epistte  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.2    6 years ago
Who was leading the probe in 2016 when the decision was made to spy on the Trump campaign? That's what the briefing was about, not what evidence Mueller has found since being appointed in 2017.

The government didn't intentionally spy on the Trump campaign.  Trump had contact with people who the government was previously watching, so the Trump campaign was caught in the net that the CIA/NSA/FBI had previous cast. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.2.3    6 years ago

Since NO ONE made a decision to 'spy on the Trump campaign', the answer is NO ONE.

That just destroys the theme of this seed. I'm sure your liberal brethren will be so disappointed. Because by the "logic" employed on this seed, of course someone did. McConnell attended a briefing on the IG investigation and said he supports it, and according to the liberals in this thread, supporting an investigation means knowledge of guilt.

I know,  I know, that's  not a fair comparison. Because this briefing actually touched on the subject of spying on Trump,  and liberals here don't think the subject matter of a briefing bears any relation to an opinion offered afterwards.  So, for the comparison to be apt, McConnell would have to attend a briefing on North Korea and say afterwards that he supports the IG investigation and that would mean McConnell knows the Obama admin was guilty of spying on Trump. 

WHO will be USING the evidence, IF ANY, that the CI garnered? 

You don't seem to understand what the briefing was about. It's not about what the FBI plant found out from plying Papadapouls with drinks. It's about how the FBI plant was put in position to ply the kid with drinks and press him with questions about Hillary's lost emails.  Again, this was well reported, the topic of the meeting was not evidence garnered by the FBI spying on Trump, but rather why and how the FBI came to spy on Trump. 

They sure as hell didn't characterize it that way BEFORE the meeting. 

Of course they did. It was the entire purpose of the meeting. This was front page news:

"The Department has asked the Inspector General to expand the ongoing review of the FISA application process to include determining whether there was any impropriety or political motivation in how the FBI conducted its counterintelligence investigation of persons suspected of involvement with the Russian agents who interfered in the 2016 presidential election," Department of Justice spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in a statemen"

The expansion of the IG investigation led to the meeting . And if you read the link at the top of the page or just about any coverage of it, you'll find:

"The White House brokered a pair of briefings between officials and key lawmakers at the Justice Department to discuss the FBI's use of a top-secret informant in the early days of a counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election"

READ the Mueller appointment

You probably should read it again. IT does not give him jurisdiction to investigate the decision making process of the FBI or DOj.  How could it? Have you heard of the phrase  conflict of interest? He's looking into the actions of Russia and those who supposedly worked with Russia. The IG is investigating the investigators. 

These are two very different investigations. I can't believe it's that hard to understand. 

h I understand it fully without any need of assistance from you

But you obviously don't, if you think Mueller has jurisdiction to investigate the decision making process of the DOJ.

dn't answer my question about McConnell's statement after the briefing.

Because it's silly. There's no context and "support" is a meaningless term. Unless you believe that his "support" of the IG investigation means the Obama administration committed criminal acts in spying on the Trump campaign. It's comical to watch the flights of fancy the use of the word generic world "support" supposedly implies for the Mueller investigation while liberals simultaneously avoid addressing what that implies for the IG investigation. .  TO build such a mountain of the mole hill that is the use of the word support  shows how desperate the left is at this point. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  cjcold  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.2    6 years ago

Seems the rats are abandoning the sinking ship in droves.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.5    6 years ago

That just destroys the theme of this seed.

Wow, that's a lot of blather without a point. Exactly HOW does my comment 'destroy the theme of this seed'? 

BTFW, I am no more responsible for the comments and posits of those you call my 'liberal brethren' than you are for another members comment/posits. So don't pretend that I have some kind of responsibility to defend or refute them. 

You don't seem to understand what the briefing was about.

After reading your characterization, it's pretty obvious that you are the on that don't understand what the briefing was about. 

I note that you failed to answer my question. 

Of course they did.

Nope. Your comment was: 

The briefing McConnell attended concerns a probe led by IG Michael Horowitz about possible abuses of our intelligence system by the Obama administration.

Then you  quote:

"The White House brokered a pair of briefings between officials and key lawmakers at the Justice Department to discuss the FBI's use of a top-secret informant in the early days of a counterintelligence probe into Russia's role in the 2016 election"

As if that statement bolsters your first comment. It doesn't. The FACT is, IG Horowitz WASN'T part of the briefing. Secondly, on the day of the 'brokered' briefings, Horowitz's probe had been expanded for a total of 3 days. So unless you have a link to the information Horowitz garnered during those 3 days, your first comment is false. 

You probably should read it again. IT does not give him jurisdiction to investigate the decision making process of the FBI or DOj.

That's quite a hilarious attempt at deflection. You stated: 

Mueller is supposed to be looking into Russian collusion.

I suggest that READ the Mueller appointment to prove to yourself that you are mistaken.

IT does not give him jurisdiction to investigate the decision making process of the FBI or DOj.

I never said it did so the rest of your blather is irrelevant. 

Because it's silly. 

So you don't have an answer. Got ya. 

There's no context and "support" is a meaningless term. 

Again, a load of meaningless blather without a point. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.2.7    6 years ago
So don't pretend that I have some kind of responsibility to defend or refute them.

So why do you jump in when I refuted them? I assumed  you wanted to defend the premise that McConnell's endorsement of an investigation means the subject is guilty, since that was the point I as refuting and that was the subject being discussed. IF you don't think McConnell's statement after attending a meeting that didn't address Trump's conduct means Trump is guily, why are you here? 

Does McConnell's support of an investigation mean the subject is guilty or not?

The FACT is, IG Horowitz WASN'T part of the briefing

Nice Strawman! I never said he was! Mueller wasn't part of the briefing either! Congrats on a completely irrelevant point! The IG's presence, or lack thereof, has no bearing on whether McConnel's statement of support means Trump is guilty of a crime. Stay focused!

o unless you have a link to the information Horowitz garnered during those 3 days, your first comment is false. 

Besides being irrelevant, that makes even less sense. Of course that doesn't follow.But unless you think the MSM is lying, the subject of the briefing were the acts of the DOJ and it's compliance with oversight. By all means, prove the New York Times etc...are lying and the briefings were really about Trump's guilt.  Please provide links to support your contention or stop wasting my time. 

So provide a link that the briefing provided evidence of Trump's wrongdoing. That's the issue here that you  keep trying to deflect.  Either prove that McConnell was presented evidence of Trump's guilt at the briefing or admit that the liberals on this board who are making that claim are idiots. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    6 years ago
So why do you jump in when I refuted them?

I 'jumped in' to refute your statement. That's how this thingy works...

I assumed you wanted to defend the premise that McConnell's endorsement of an investigation means the subject is guilty, since that was the point I as refuting and that was the subject being discussed.

You really should review the content of this thread. NOWHERE did ANYONE state that premise except YOU. 

IF you don't think McConnell's statement after attending a meeting that didn't address Trump's conduct means Trump is guily, why are you here?

Again WHERE in THIS thread did anyone but YOU mention Trump's guilt? Post a link to the nefarious comment from THIS seed in THIS thread. If you can't, you may want to think about why you've fabricated the entire issue. 

Does McConnell's support of an investigation mean the subject is guilty or not?

I presume that McConnell's expression of support for the investigation means that he supports the investigation. You're welcome to insinuate same other nefarious meaning if you wish. 

Nice Strawman!

Nope, not a strawman. It's quite relevant that the person who is conducting the probe that YOU claim was the subject of the meeting, didn't participate. 

BTFW, the cognitive dissonance it requires for YOU say I used a strawman argument is galactic. Your fabricated issue is the epitome of a strawman. 

I never said he was! 

I didn't say you did. That doesn't make it less relevant. 

Mueller wasn't part of the briefing either!

That's is because it would be inappropriate for a Special Counsel to brief the Congress about the evidence in an unfinished investigation. Nor do I think that Trump has the authority to REQUIRE Mueller to do so. BTFW, since Nunes was in one of those briefings, it would be utterly inappropriate for a prosecutor to brief a possible target. 

Congrats on a completely irrelevant point!

Actually, your entire argument has been irrelevant because you interjected an issue that wasn't part of the discussion except in your mind. E.g. Strawman. 

The IG's presence, or lack thereof, has no bearing on whether McConnel's statement of support means Trump is guilty of a crime.

Again, show me what comment at the beginning of this thread brought 'guilt' into the discussion. 

Stay focused!

You should give that a try. 

Besides being irrelevant, that makes even less sense. Of course that doesn't follow.

Whether your comment was factual is relevant. It isn't. 

But unless you think the MSM is lying, the subject of the briefing were the acts of the DOJ and it's compliance with oversight. By all means, prove the New York Times etc...are lying and the briefings were really about Trump's guilt.

Post the statement from the NYT that the briefings were 'really' about Trump's guilt. I'll wait. 

Please provide links to support your contention or stop wasting my time.

Links to WHAT? 

So provide a link that the briefing provided evidence of Trump's wrongdoing. That's the issue here that you keep trying to deflect. Either prove that McConnell was presented evidence of Trump's guilt at the briefing or admit that the liberals on this board who are making that claim are idiots.

You've fabricated this whole issue out of whole cloth. Any thinking person that reads this thread would come to that conclusion. NO ONE in thread #1 of this seed has made ANY comment about Trump's guilt EXCEPT YOU. NO ONE. 

So take a DEEP breath, do a little introspection and see if you can answer my question @ 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 without interjecting another strawman.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

Republican leaders seeing Mueller's still classified evidence have no choice but to support Mueller...

If gop leaders having seen Mueller's evidence are lining up behind Mueller that evidence is damning.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

When all of Mueller's evidence is made public getting the Senate to convict Trump is not be difficult to imagine.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1  Rmando  replied to  JBB @3    6 years ago

Evidence against what? Russia collusion? Money laundering? Obstruction? It's hard to keep up with whatever made up crime the Democrats are looking for.

Pedro
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Pedro  replied to  Rmando @3.1    6 years ago

Those are all actual crimes. #themoreweknow

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1    6 years ago
It's hard to keep up with whatever made up crime the Democrats are looking for.

Just apply your expertise in keeping up with Trump's BS. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.3  Rmando  replied to  Pedro @3.1.1    6 years ago

Those are actual crimes.... not committed by Trump. We know for a fact however the DNC colluded with Russia through Christopher Steele.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.4  Rmando  replied to  Dulay @3.1.2    6 years ago

The bs is all coming from the left.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.4    6 years ago
The bs is all coming from the left.

That's funny, I thought you leaned pretty far to the right. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @3.1.3    6 years ago
not committed by Trump

Prove it. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.7  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.6    6 years ago

In this country the person making the accusations has the burden of proof.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.8  Rmando  replied to  Dulay @3.1.5    6 years ago

It only looks like I'm far right to anybody on the far left. I'm actually with the 44% who approve of Trump.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Rmando @3.1.8    6 years ago

Yeah, but trump's Nobel Peace Prize bump in the polls for his deal with Kim Jong Un already blew up...

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.7    6 years ago
In this country the person making the accusations has the burden of proof.

Actually, it's the person making the ASSERTION has the burden of proof and YOU made the ASSERTION. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.11  magnoliaave  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    6 years ago

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.8    6 years ago
It only looks like I'm far right to anybody on the far left. I'm actually with the 44% who approve of Trump.

Oh so the far wrong. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.13  Rmando  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    6 years ago

"Yeah, but trump's Nobel Peace Prize bump in the polls for his deal with Kim Jong Un already blew up..."

You seem to be forgetting the three hostages Trump got released and the chance the talks will still happen. That's a whole lot more than Obama did when he got the Nobel prize.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.14  Rmando  replied to  Dulay @3.1.10    6 years ago

So somebody accused of a crime has to ASSERT his innocence to prove he didn't do it? That's some flawed legal logic.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @3.1.13    6 years ago
You seem to be forgetting the three hostages Trump got released

You seem to be forgetting that Obama got 11 released from NK. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.14    6 years ago
So somebody accused of a crime has to ASSERT his innocence to prove he didn't do it? That's some flawed legal logic.

NO. The 'flaw' is your misuse of the phrase. The phrase is 'the one making the ASSERTION has the burden of proof'.

YOU made the ASSERTION: 

Those are actual crimes.... not committed by Trump. 

You were challenger to prove that ASSERTION. 

If you're still confused about this perhaps you should go do some reading on the subject. Start with Hitchens's razor.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.17  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.15    6 years ago

In eight years as opposed to the year and half that Trump as been in. And that's a whole lot better than the deal Obama made trading five hardened terrorists for one traitor who his fellow soldiers killed.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.18  Rmando  replied to  Dulay @3.1.16    6 years ago

You expect me to prove Trump DIDNT commit those crimes? How am I suppose to prove a negative? Next I guess you'll expect me to prove the existence of Bigfoot, UFOs and ghosts. I'd have a much easier time proving Hillary DID commit crimes like collusion, which has been proven over and over.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.19  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.18    6 years ago
You expect me to prove Trump DIDNT commit those crimes? How am I suppose to prove a negative? Next I guess you'll expect me to prove the existence of Bigfoot, UFOs and ghosts. I'd have a much easier time proving Hillary DID commit crimes like collusion, which has been proven over and over.

First of all, I am NOT the one that challenged your statement. I merely corrected your misuse of the phrase. 

Secondly, believe me when I tell you that I have NO expectations of your ability to prove anything. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.20  Rmando  replied to  Dulay @3.1.19    6 years ago

I've got a feeling you aren't going to believe the Mueller report when it comes up with nothing on Trump.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.21  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @3.1.20    6 years ago
I've got a feeling you aren't going to believe the Mueller report when it comes up with nothing on Trump.

I've got a feeling that deflection is all you've got. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.23  Dulay  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.1.22    6 years ago
There is no crime of collusion.

Then Trump should stop being so defensive about it. Trump sure as hell throws accusations of 'collusion' around as if it is a criminal act. 

Until you admit that there is nothing to discuss.

It's lucky that Mueller isn't investigating 'collusion' then isn't it? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.24  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @3.1.17    6 years ago

Bush released over 500 top level terrorists and we got absolutely nothing.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.25  MrFrost  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.1.22    6 years ago

Prove it.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.26  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @3.1.20    6 years ago

If this investigation turns up nothing, we will just investigate again. The cons investigated Hillary 9 times...never evencharged her with a crime... So since you were clearly fine with that, I'm sure you would be fine with 9 for trump.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.27  SteevieGee  replied to  Rmando @3.1    6 years ago
Evidence against what? Russia collusion? Money laundering? Obstruction? It's hard to keep up with whatever made up crime the Democrats are looking for.

The Democrats aren't looking for any crimes at all.  The special prosecutor and IG are following the evidence.  If it leads to Obama it leads to Obama.  If it leads to Trump it leads to Trump.  If it ends up going nowhere then it will go away.  Sounds to me that Sen. McConnell thinks there's something there.  Also, it sounds to me like the President, and his supporters here on NT are wishing this would go away.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    6 years ago

Well it's refreshing to see that something managed to get through Mr. McConnell's thick noggin. Perhaps now he can get his merry followers to follow suit, shut their flapping gums and allow Mr. Mueller to complete the task at hand.

This has long passed ridiculous and is on the fast track to downright bizarre, the GOP should hang their collective heads in shame.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1  SteevieGee  replied to  luther28 @4    6 years ago

If McConnell thinks it should continue there must be some significant evidence here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.1.1    6 years ago
'I'll just add this bit of wisdom.  Don't believe anything a politican says.  You'll be far better off in the long run.'

How profound and deep and wise

LOL

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5  Dean Moriarty    6 years ago

He also supports the other probe into the crooked FBI's and crooked Obama's activity. 

"McConnell told NPR  that Mueller's investigation and a separate probe by the Justice Department's inspector general into the FBI's actions during the 2016 election will ultimately provide answers to a number of questions swirling around the presidential race.

"The two investigations going on that I think will give us the answers to the questions that you raise — the [inspector general] investigation in the Justice Department and the Mueller investigation," McConnell told NPR.

"I support both of them, and I don't really have anything to add to this subject based upon the Gang of Eight briefing that we had today, which was classified."

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    6 years ago
He also supports the other probe into the crooked FBI's and crooked Obama's activity.

Oh you mean the, "I know you are but what am I" strategy? I find it comical that the FBI suddenly became corrupt the second trump found out that he was under investigation. The FBI hasn't changed, trump is a lying con man saying and doing anything he can to discredit the FBI because trump knows he is guilty. It's not the first time he has done this.. Remember the trump u case? The judge, Curiel, is of Hispanic heritage? What did trump say? "He is a racist because he is Mexican!!!!". He said that so when he lost the case, he could claim bias. 

Another example? During the election, trump screamed over and over and over and over and over and over and over..."The election is RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Why? So if he lost, he had an excuse. 

Trump always blames others of what he is most guilty.

"Lying Hillary!!!!" But trump literally lies 4x as much as Hillary does.

"Crooked Hillary!!!!" But trump has been sued for fraud literally thousands of times... Hillary? Never. 

"Pay for play Hillary!!!!" Yet it's trump that used his charity to pay off the AG's of texas and florida to drop their trump u cases. 

And now we have the FBI in the cross hairs. Trump runs around screaming about rampant corruption, fraud, etc... So when he is found guilty????? You guessed it. He has an excuse. Trump has a YUGE ego, he will do anything to protect it, up to and including discrediting honorable people who are doing their jobs. It's a pattern with him, he sets up the excuses before an investigation is done. The man literally organized a partisan group to investigate the 3 million "illegal" votes, JUST to protect his pathetic ego. This group found no evidence of 3 million illegal votes and after $50 million dollars pissed down the drain, they disbanded. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    6 years ago

I have to laugh when trump says certain buzz words, then we see those same words parroted.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    6 years ago

Yep. He finally laid off the, "FAKE NEWS!!!!" bullshit because he finally figured out that people actually fact check his lies. Almost literally everything he has claimed is, "fake news", has been proven true. Trump is the biggest spreader of fake news there is. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.4  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago
Madame President

Well, trump is putin's bitch so, there ya go. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    6 years ago
'I have to laugh when trump says certain buzz words, then we see those same words parroted.'

Yup like - spygate - and deep state

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    6 years ago

Does Mueller get paid by the hour?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.1  lennylynx  replied to  magnoliaave @5.2    6 years ago

I believe his salary as Special Counsel is about $160,000.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.2  magnoliaave  replied to  lennylynx @5.2.1    6 years ago

Hi Leno.....thank goodness he is salaried!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.3  lennylynx  replied to  magnoliaave @5.2.2    6 years ago

Morning Mango, hope you are feeling well today.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.4  magnoliaave  replied to  lennylynx @5.2.3    6 years ago

Every day is a joy to behold.  Thanks

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    6 years ago
the other probe into the crooked FBI's and crooked Obama's activity.

As former FBI Chief, wouldn't that investigation put Mueller in a conflict of interest?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    6 years ago

If that's where the evidence leads I'm good.

freepress
Freshman Silent
6  freepress    6 years ago

I think this time maybe Trump got conned for the first time in his life. Republicans don't need him anymore, most of them are retiring, most of them face a harsh election after their enactment of harsh policies, and they have all been suffering at the hands of Trump and his minions tearing the Republican party apart.

They will let the investigations take their course and all this investigating will take it's toll on Trump and his associates, many of Trump's associates are criminals.

So now that Republicans used Trump to milk their base, endured all the Trump rending and tearing apart the Republican party, they will now just sit back, push through all their right wing judicial appointees, they got everything they wanted and now Trump is expendable.

McConnell is one of the highest ranking to publicly support the investigation, only a few others have said so.

Russians interfered with our elections, and now the only thing to move forward is whether or not Trump's campaign appointees committed treason or other crimes to get dirt on Hillary or otherwise influence the election or campaigns, and to be determined is whether or not Trump's sons were party to this and did they tell their dad or get Trump's okay.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  freepress @6    6 years ago

Please show data to explain how "most" of the Republicans are retiring or how "most" of the Republicans are facing harsh elections.

7% of the 302 Republicans are going to retire - 24 - not even close to "Most".

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    6 years ago

Paul Ryan is "retiring" at the ripe old age of 48. That alone should tell you all you need to know. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.1    6 years ago

Try again - tells me nothing more than the fact that Ryan became a millionaire while in Congress and will retire with full benefits  - pension, insurance and dividends from his "sponsors".

Not too shabby for a 48 year old.

But, he is not "most" Republicans - he is only one of 302 - .003% - not even close.

Got an answer that has some data to it?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.2    6 years ago
tells me nothing more than the fact that Ryan became a millionaire while in Congress and will retire with full benefits

Thanks in large part to the koch brothers, you forgot that part. For all the bitching about soros, the koch's have FAR more politicians in their pocket. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    6 years ago

Republicans Abandoning Re-election Bids as Trump Fatigue Sets In Facing brutal midterms in 2018, a growing number of Republicans are deciding not to run.

BTW it's 31 not 24 so far...and the list is growing.

Did you also count the Republicans that have quit because they got caught with their pants down? Or smuggled gay boys across state lines? Or paid the services of "Rentboy"?

Trump Campaign Chair/ Republican Senator, Found in Hotel Room with 17 Year Old Male, Resigns

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.4    6 years ago

Best not count your chickens before they hatch:

Poll: Democrats’ advantage in midterm election support …
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-democrats-advantage...

The poll finds that the gap between support for Democratic vs. Republican House candidates has ... Other public polls have found a narrowing in Democrats ...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.6  Studiusbagus  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.5    6 years ago

So what the fuck does that have to do with the amount of Republicans resigning or forced out?

Was that one of those "Something, Anything" desperate posts?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.6    6 years ago

gee, do you really need an explanation?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.7    6 years ago
do you really need an explanation?

Nope, it says it all right there. We were discussing how many Republicans are jumping ship and you inject some poll about rankings.

Yeah, makes perfect sense....LOL

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.8    6 years ago

If you don't like my answers, perhaps you would be better off asking someone else your inane questions.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.10  Studiusbagus  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.9    6 years ago
perhaps you would be better off asking someone else your inane questions.

Didn't ask you for anything...you barged in with a comment that had no value to the conversation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.10    6 years ago

Actually, you DID ask me something.

It is right there for all to see in post 6.1.6

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.11    6 years ago
Actually, you DID ask me something. It is right there for all to see in post 6.1.6

Yes he did and I see that instead of answering, you deflected. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.1.12    6 years ago

I did answer it. if you don't like my answers, feel free not to read them.

Thanks for your input.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.14  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    6 years ago
I did answer it. if you don't like my answers, feel free not to read them.

Actually, citing an irrelevant posit and posting and irrelevant link doesn't constitute an 'answer', it constitutes a deflection. 

Thanks for your input.

You're welcome. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.10    6 years ago
'Didn't ask you for anything...you barged in with a comment that had no value to the conversation.'

That's his typical MO

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.1.14    6 years ago

Wee, gee, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion.

Everyone has one.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Why doesn't McConnell do something that really shows he supports Mueller and push a bill that protects Mueller from trumpy firing him?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @7    6 years ago

Most likely because McTurtle is a partisan hack who would never do anything to oppose any republican no matter how guilty they are. This meeting clearly rattled McTurtles shell. It was a classified meeting when tells us that trumps crimes were most likely exposed and Mitch is backing off his support of trump in an effort to save face when trumps fat orange ass is thrown out of the WH. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    6 years ago

Or, because his wife is part of the Trump swamp and, he doesn't want to get her fired.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.1    6 years ago
Or, because his wife is part of the Trump swamp and, he doesn't want to get her fired.

Plus, her Father is part of the Chinese business Good 'ol Boys Club and McConnell doesn't want to lose that extra monetary support that helps him win his elections like they have over the last several years. 

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7    6 years ago

I don't trust him. How he keeps getting elected is beyond me. I heard him say that he wants to keep the senate over summer recess so he can fill as many trump partisan nominees as possible.

Funny that he was all for stalling a SC nominee until after the presidential election and is now in a hurry to fill as many as possible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @7.2    6 years ago

As funny as Dems pushing for court appointments while Obama was President, but now slowing things down?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @7.2    6 years ago

I don't see how they can push to fill these spots when trump has less than three years in his term. (Sorry, couldn't resist...) laughing dude

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    6 years ago

We ran the numbers, and Trump is certainly right on one count: Important government posts are empty.

But allocating blame is more complicated than Trump suggests. Democrats bear some responsibility, but so do Senate Republicans and the Trump White House.

Under the 2013 rule change, the number of votes required to break a filibuster of presidential nominees — through a process called cloture — was lowered from 60 to a simple majority of 51.

According to the White House, Democrats have forced 78 cloture votes on Trump’s nominees.

But experts stressed that not all Democratic obstruction should be viewed as simple partisan warfare. Legitimate concerns have surrounded some Trump nominees’ qualifications.

They also noted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., could keep the Senate in session for more hours in order to mitigate the Democrats’ use of the cloture process.

Another procedural hurdle facing Trump nominees is the Senate "hold."

The Senate generally operates on the principle of unanimous consent, so a single senator may seek to hold up an executive nominee by withholding consent. Ultimately, the decision to honor a hold request is up to the majority leader .

Not surprisingly, Democrats have made use of this tactic. But Republican senators have also issued a significant number of holds as a way to extract concessions on various policy issues.

One  analysis  found that of the eight published objections in 2017, four came from Republican Chuck Grassley of Iowa. More intraparty holds have been placed in recent months,  Politico   reported in February, with at least 11 Republican senators publicly blocking nominees for the Energy, State and Justice departments, among other agencies.

Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., who has held up Justice Department nominees over differences with the Trump administration on marijuana policy.

The Partnership for Public Service, which tracks political appointees, notes that more than 200 key positions don’t even have nominees.

There’s a lot of blame to go around for the federal government’s relatively modest headcount. Senate Democrats, adopting the upper chamber’s new norms, have engaged in procedural combat. Yet Senate Republicans have also held up Trump’s nominees to extract concessions. Finally, the Trump White House earns generally low marks for its approach to executive appointments.

We rate this Half True.

Link

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @7    6 years ago
Why doesn't McConnell do something that really shows he supports Mueller and push a bill that protects Mueller from trumpy firing him?

Because he wants to keep his comfy Senatorial position. From there, he ans his Chinese wife can help Trump keep better relations with China, and Trump can pretend to play tough with China only enough to keep his lock step supporters happy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @7.3    6 years ago
Because he wants to keep his comfy Senatorial position.

His position as Senate leader is not in danger, nor is Mueller in any danger of being "fired".

From there, he ans his Chinese wife can help Trump keep better relations with China

The Chinese government dosen't have the progressive mindset. As far as Xi Jinping is concerned, the fact that his wife is Chinese is totally irrelevant.

and Trump can pretend to play tough with China only enough to keep his lock step supporters happy. 

That's funny, he's the only President I know of who is actually trying to correct the trade imbalance.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.3.1    6 years ago
His position as Senate leader is not in danger,

Actually, that entirely depends on the voters, Trump does not have a thing to do with it. There are plenty of people in his home state who are not happy with with him, so his job could be in jeopardy at any time. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.3.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.3.1    6 years ago
That's funny, he's the only President I know of who is actually trying to correct the trade imbalance.

That's because he is the only thus far who is too stupid enough to think he can win over China. The other Presidents before him all new the risk of trying to play games with  China. Trump will find our the hard way that when it comes to being the mast or the deal, China is way ahead of him, and Trump is out classed trying to play his own games with China. 

Sad part is, the American people will be the ones who will pay big time for Trump's stupidity and arrogance. And Trump could care less, as long a he gets his pockets filled. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.3.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @7.3.2    6 years ago
Actually, that entirely depends on the voters, Trump does not have a thing to do with it.

I'm glad to hear that you understand that, I was worried when I read your post

There are plenty of people in his home state who are not happy with with him, so his job could be in jeopardy at any time. 

"Many" might be generalization, if you remember, he had low poll numbers at the beginning of 2014, but that changed dramatically by the time November came. I think the good people of Kentucky will keep the man who plays "the Long Game" right where he is!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.3.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.3.4    6 years ago
I think the good people of Kentucky will keep the man who plays "the Long Game" right where he is!

I don't think you understand the good people of Kentucky. The good people of Kentucky don't appreciate game players when it comes to those who represent them. They are looking for someone who looks out for their interests, not just his own.

This thread wandered off into Trump and now has become completely personal.

I will be locking the article due to JBB's absence.

Rather than slap anyone with points I will be deleting most of this 7.3 thread from this point to 7.23.28

{SP}

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    6 years ago

I wonder why tumps lawyers are insisting that trump not be asked any questions about obstruction of justice? "Hey guys, trump is guilty of obstruction of justice, so we have to make sure that Mueller doesn't ask questions about it!!!!". Yep.....exactly. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago
that trump not be asked any questions about obstruction of justic

well...duh...because they know their client is guilty?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1    6 years ago

They live by the mantra: "It's only illegal if you get caught." So, as long as trump doesn't admit to doing anything illegal, he can't be found guilty. It's just more of trump slithering his way through the legal system, he has done it all of his life. If  he was vetted 1/10th as much as Clinton was before the election, he would be in prison right now. 

~20 years ago, I saw trump on "Regis and Kathy Lee". Regis asked trump how he can manage to get building permits where other developers can't. Trump's reply? "You have to know who to pay off to get the permits." Trump didn't even hide the fact that he was paying people off. Sickening. 

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.1    6 years ago

Sadly some praise him for that. I heard one person say, that is how one has to do business to get ahead.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @8.1.2    6 years ago

It's disheartening when people applause corruption

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    6 years ago

"McConnell's vote of confidence in Mueller's investigation came after he attended a highly classified meeting with top law enforcement and intelligence officials on Thursday."

Funny thing, since he "Knows", it could be he wants it to keep going to show that there was actually NOTHING on Trump, and Democrats will be found to have been a bunch of Lying Marie Antoinette's !

Anyone considered that ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @9    6 years ago

That's some next level spin...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @9.1    6 years ago
That's some next level spin...

Worse than the "Lefts" spin, spin, spin....oooops….RETRACTION.....spin, spin....ooooops ANOTHER RETRACTION...spin, spin, spin ?

Mark this date.....My prediction "is more probable". Big hugs

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @9.1    6 years ago

You could use it for a fan during hot weather

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.2    6 years ago
You could use it for a fan during hot weather

Thank goodness full blown summer isn't here yet !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @9.1.1    6 years ago
Worse than the "Lefts" spin, spin, spin....oooops….RETRACTION.....spin, spin....ooooops ANOTHER RETRACTION...spin, spin, spin ?

Yes. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.4    6 years ago
Yes.

Of course. Clapping

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
9.1.6  1stwarrior  replied to  It Is ME @9.1.3    6 years ago

Don't know 'bout that - today's temp in southern NM is gonna be 99 - close, but no cigar.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
9.1.7  owlsview677  replied to  MrFrost @9.1    6 years ago

Speaking of spin. Isn't the seeder putting a spin on this? Where is that "sad" quotation coming from. Who determined that McConnell was sad? Wasn't in the article. Something made up and interjected to give the impression that McConnell heard something new and disappointing?

The extreme costs of these investigations is finally becoming worth it. There is no good reason to stop these investigations. The American people are now realizing how corrupt our government and both Parties really are. The number of partisans on both sides are dwindling on a daily basis. In this fight to the death between both Parties the winners will be the people.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  1stwarrior @9.1.6    6 years ago
Don't know 'bout that - today's temp in southern NM is gonna be 99 - close, but no cigar.

Global Warming in your area ? thinking

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.7    6 years ago
The American people are now realizing how corrupt our government and both Parties really are. The number of partisans on both sides are dwindling on a daily basis. In this fight to the death between both Parties the winners will be the people.

thumbs up

Even with Trumps "Drain the Swamp" mantra, the "Swamp" seems to be "Draining itself", every time one of the politicians speak. Best part is, they, the Politician, Don't even know what they did when they spoke !

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
9.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.9    6 years ago
the "Swamp" seems to be "Draining

not IMO it's just changing hands, leadership and ideologies.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.11  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @9.1.9    6 years ago
Even with Trumps "Drain the Swamp" mantra

Trump drained the swamp and filled it with raw sewage. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.11    6 years ago

When ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.10    6 years ago
not IMO it's just changing hands, leadership and ideologies.

You should pay attention to the politicians more then. They're ALWAYS on TV spouting their ….whatever it is !

Sophomore Guide
9.1.14  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.13    6 years ago
They're ALWAYS on TV spouting their ….whatever it is !

Yes they are and probably have been since TV was invented. Personally I get sick of the infighting and would prefer they get back to responsibly running this country  together.

What I see is the changing of who is going to shove their ways and agendas upon America. Not much more. We the people have lost control of our government.They answer more to each other and their financial backers that we the people. I cant believe that is good for the long term of America. 

America has been devided. do we get concored as well ? 

United we stood, ...........................

I dont see that much anymore. 

sad

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
9.1.15  owlsview677  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.14    6 years ago
I dont see that much anymore.

Look past the smokescreen spread by MSM and their polls and you will:)

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
9.1.16  owlsview677  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.11    6 years ago

The swamps been drained? Not even close.

Sophomore Guide
9.1.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.15    6 years ago
Look past the smokescreen spread by MSM and

Fox entertainment network and you dont see many americans these days period.

That I agree with.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.18  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.14    6 years ago
Personally I get sick of the infighting and would prefer they get back to responsibly running this country

I too, but there are still going to be differences, but the differences the last few decades is way past ridicules. 

Besides, if everyone was on the same page in government, there wouldn't be a need for party affiliations, and we know that's not going to change anytime soon. "Socializing" EVERYTHING isn't popular here.

Sophomore Guide
9.1.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.18    6 years ago
the differences the last few decades is way past ridicules.

IMO: As the information age has evolved the differences have come more to light and many people have become more polarized, some to the point (IMO once again) of almost insanity.

I still expect the sane to prevail in the long run.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.19    6 years ago
I still expect the sane to prevail in the long run.

There is always HOPE ! 

I'm not holding my breath though !

"As the information age has evolved"

IMO, Everytime the information age evolves, folks devolve even more !

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
9.1.21  owlsview677  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.17    6 years ago

FOX is part of MSM. Playing both sides is how the Deep State works. Controversy that divides the public and weakens our government is guaranteed.

Sophomore Guide
9.1.22  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.20    6 years ago
There is always HOPE !

True I may be overly optimistic but I do believe that sanity will prevail over insanity in the long run.

Everytime the information age evolves, folks devolve even more !

While that may be true for some we also have more education and enlightenment about our own world for many because of the vast amount of material instantly available like never before for the masses in mankind's history.

If that doesn't change the world, I'd sure be surprised. 

Unfortunately for some change is more difficult than for others. 

But, take for instance modern medicine, that industries positive results and the newest most effective medicines and procedures and information about health issues is very rapidly advancing well beyond where it could without the computer information age.

I see it as something in life are constantly getting worse while others are constantly getting better and considering in life ya take the bad with the good,  I still have hope for sanity and goodness prevailing.

Sophomore Guide
9.1.23  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.21    6 years ago
FOX is part of MSM. Playing both sides is how the Deep State works.

So the "Deep State" kills off its own to gain strength ? Yep that's pretty deep.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.24  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.22    6 years ago
While that may be true for some we also have more education and enlightenment about our own world for many because of the vast amount of material instantly available like never before for the masses in mankind's history.

There is so many Contradictory materials at our fingertips, you have to go over and beyond to find some assemblance of truth. So the vast amount of material at our fingertips can also be a HUGE hindrance to education and enlightenment.

Sophomore Guide
9.1.25  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.24    6 years ago
the vast amount of material at our fingertips can also be a HUGE hindrance to education and enlightenment.

Nothing in life is perfect. If one doesn't trust the source its wise to do further research. that's not new.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.26  Dulay  replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.7    6 years ago
Speaking of spin. Isn't the seeder putting a spin on this? Where is that "sad" quotation coming from. Who determined that McConnell was sad? Wasn't in the article. Something made up and interjected to give the impression that McConnell heard something new and disappointing?

That was in the seeders 1st COMMENT, NOT block quoted. Anyone who has been around here would recognize it as the seeder's OPINION, just as your comment was yours. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.27  MrFrost  replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.7    6 years ago
The American people are now realizing how corrupt our government and both Parties really are.

I don't know of anyone that says any one party is "corruption free", but THIS administration is really taking it to the next level. Our POTUS has been sued for fraud literally thousands of times..he is as corrupt as they get, but the right doesn't think that he would be corrupt enough to collude with an enemy nation to win an election? Wow. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.28  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.25    6 years ago
Nothing in life is perfect. If one doesn't trust the source its wise to do further research. that's not new.

There doesn't seem to be many "Wise" people left.

Internet source....."It must be true" !

Sophomore Guide
9.1.29  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.28    6 years ago
If one doesn't trust the source its wise to do further research.

LOL..I'd keep looking. This "source" seems somewhat bias.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.30  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.29    6 years ago
This "source" seems somewhat bias.

laughing dude

But It's ONLY a commercial !

Sophomore Guide
9.1.31  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.30    6 years ago
But It's ONLY a commercial !

LOL... So commercials can't be biased ?  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.32  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.31    6 years ago
LOL... So commercials can't be biased ?

Sure, "For themselves" !

The internet says so. laughing dude

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
9.1.33  owlsview677  replied to  Dulay @9.1.26    6 years ago

Nice response. Clever to try using a form of newspeak to alter the context of another comment.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.34  Dulay  replied to  owlsview677 @9.1.33    6 years ago
Clever to try using a form of newspeak to alter the context of another comment.

If your comment had another context, state it. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @9    6 years ago
Anyone considered that ?

No, because I haven't heard such a sad twisted piece of illogic in quite some time. It makes zero sense, so why should anyone "consider" that?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.2    6 years ago
No, because I haven't heard such a sad twisted piece of illogic in quite some time.

Unlike the Leftists medias twists, they take back a lot ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @9.2.1    6 years ago
Unlike the Leftists medias twists, they take back a lot ?

Why do you always compare the dems with trumptard via silly question? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @9.2.2    6 years ago
Why do you always compare the dems with trumptard via silly question?

Why do you ALWAYS ignore Liberals "idea" of reality, especially when they "Retract" so much ?

Hell, you apparently "Ignore" even after they fire their own people for idiotic reporting !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @9.2.3    6 years ago
Why do you ALWAYS ignore Liberals "idea" of reality, especially when they "Retract" so much ?

Thanks for proving my point. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @9.2.4    6 years ago
Thanks for proving my point.

Of ?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @9.2.3    6 years ago
you apparently "Ignore" even after they fire their own people for idiotic reporting

You point out one of the biggest differences between the MSM and right wing media (RWM), when the MSM like CNN publish a story, they take responsibility for it, and if the story is found either false or even simply unverified, they fire the journalists who printed the story. In the case of the Steele dossier article, none of it has been proven false other than some names being misspelled, yet because it hadn't been completely verified 3 CNN journalists were let go when they published the article on the CNN website (the story was never even run on their network). That makes me trust CNN far more than I trust FOX considering FOX publishes and pushes false stories and fake conspiracy theories all the time but the supposed journalists pushing them are never fired, they're often promoted instead. Here's a sample of some of the FOX pants on fire ratings.

"(President Obama) said he’s going to bring in 250,000 refugees into this country." Sean Hannity Oct 19, 2015.

In plain fact, President Barack Obama never said that, nor as far as anyone can tell has any member of his administration.

"I’d really like to like Nikki Haley, since she is a Republican. On the other hand, she is an immigrant and does not understand America's history." Ann Coulter on Fox June 24, 2015

Coulter got one part of Haley’s background right. Yep, she’s a Republican. But she’s not an immigrant. She was born in South Carolina.

"Far more children died last year drowning in their bathtubs than were killed accidentally by guns," Tucker Carlson August 9th, 2014

Total deaths for children 17 and under due to drowning in a bathtub were 95 in 2011, the latest year the numbers are available. Total deaths from accidental gun shots that year were 102.

"The Constitution simply does not authorize the federal government to own any of this land. All of it is being held unconstitutionally and all of it should be returned to the private property owners from which it was taken or to the states in which it exists, period." - Andrew Napolitano April 23, 2014

The short rebuttal is that the Constitution, through the Property Clause, specifically gives the government the power to own land. Over time, the Supreme Court has ruled that not only does the government own the land, but it enjoys broad rights in deciding what happens on that land.

Only a media company concerned with truth and facts would fire their own people for idiotic reporting or making false statements, which CNN, NBC and MSNBC have all done. Fox? Not a chance. The more their pundits lie and twist facts the more they are rewarded.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.2.6    6 years ago
when the MSM like CNN publish a story, they take responsibility for it, and if the story is found either false or even simply unverified, they fire the journalists who printed the story.

They shouldn't have to be doing that, many times !

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
10  Dean Moriarty    6 years ago

No big deal Trumps approval rating is much hinger than McConnell nobody cares what he says. 

"Net approval for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) rose by 3 points in the first quarter, with 52 percent disapproving and 34 percent approving of his job performance. He remains the least popular senator."

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1  MrFrost  replied to  Dean Moriarty @10    6 years ago
No big deal Trumps approval rating is much hinger than McConnell nobody cares what he says.

Translation: "No one cares what McConnell says....unless it supports my agenda.....then I like him again".

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dean Moriarty @10    6 years ago

The "big deal" is that McConnell would have jumped at even a shred of evidence proving the Obama administration did anything wrong, but alas, all the hot air blown by Republicans over claims of illegality and improper investigations was just that, a lot of hot air. 

Pedro
Professor Participates
10.2.1  Pedro  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @10.2    6 years ago

Yep

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @10.2    6 years ago
The "big deal" is that McConnell would have jumped at even a shred of evidence proving the Obama administration did anything wrong

Bingo...exactly right. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
10.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @10    6 years ago
o big deal Trumps approval rating is much hinger than McConnell nobody cares what he says.

Hinger? Oh, I get it, the approval rating "hinges" on whether McConnell actually does his job as Majority Leader of the Senate or, if he continues to be a lap dog for Trump. Got it.

Pedro
Professor Participates
11  Pedro    6 years ago

Speaking of this meeting:

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1  Skrekk  replied to  Pedro @11    6 years ago

Wealth has its privileges, right?   It's truly incredible that the subject of an investigation gets to know all the details of the investigation.

JBB
Professor Principal
12  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

After seeing all Mueller's evidence on Trump even olde Mitch concedes Mueller's quest is not a witch hunt...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @12    6 years ago
After seeing all Mueller's evidence on Trump

The evidence you still don't have

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1    6 years ago

I see ample evidence you don't but like everyone else I will have to wait for Mueller's full evidenciary report...

The fact McConnell, after seeing still classified evidence, came out supporting Mueller is damning enough.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @12.1.1    6 years ago
I see ample evidence

Please share it with us

The fact McConnell, after seeing still classified evidence, came out supporting Mueller 

Not only do you ignore valid counter arguments, but you seem to read very selectively.
From your seeded short article:

"The two investigations going on that I think will give us the answers to the questions that you raise - the [inspector general] investigation in the Justice Department and the Mueller investigation," McConnell told NPR.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.1.3  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.2    6 years ago
Please share it with us

When Mueller and other jurisdictions are done with their investigations, they will share it with us.  Until then, let them do their jobs and stop allowing Trump to do what you would never accept from Obama or Hillary.  Just stop.  Since Trump Fake News is constantly being pushed here with no regard for accuracy, what exactly does it take to prove anything to you?  I say that to everybody who believes and pushes what Trump says, since it invariably is a lie.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @12.1.3    6 years ago
When Mueller and other jurisdictions are done with their investigations, they will share it with us.

Your advice should'nt be directed at me - I'm not the one who claimed that there was evidence. You should be telling that to JBB.

As for the rest of your comment, don't bother telling me what is fake and what is real and who was sleazy in everything she did, who tried to transform a nation into a leftist state, or who wants to restore a great nation. We can decide for ourselves.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
12.1.5  owlsview677  replied to  lib50 @12.1.3    6 years ago

LEFT:          " Right wing news is fake news."     CENTER: No Representation

RIGHT:        " Left wing news is fake news."

Logical Deduction: All news is fake.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13  Split Personality    6 years ago

Locked until JBB returns.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
14  bbl-1    6 years ago

My first inclination is to assume McConnell's thoughts are now centered on his own 'self protection.'  I suspect there is just bit too much 'loose Russian money' malingering around a few GOP election offices.  I wonder if one of them happened to be McConnell's?