╌>

Why Fox News Is No. 1

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sixpick  •  6 years ago  •  245 comments

Why Fox News Is No. 1

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Why Fox News Is No. 1

You wonder why Fox News is Number One in cable?

It's because CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the rest are so relentlessly negative about Donald Trump they force people to watch Fox to find out the truth about the growing economy or the historically low unemployment rates for blacks.

Take this week's Singapore Summit.

No matter what President Trump accomplished in Singapore in his face-to-face meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, for Joe, Mika and their fellow foreign policy experts in the media, it was not enough.

Or it was too much.

Or Trump was naive or stupid.

Or he gave away too much.

Or he didn't ask "Little Rocket Man" about his gulags.

Or he was just trying to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

My favorite complaint about the Singapore Summit from liberals was that by merely meeting with Kim Jong Un, President Trump gave a thug the legitimacy he didn't deserve.

As if American presidents haven't met with thugs like Kim Jong Un since the beginning of time.

Just two years ago Barack Obama and a delegation of a thousand staffers, insiders and reporters flew into Havana to slobber all over Raul Castro and the ghost of his brother Fidel.

The in-bed-with-Obama embedded media loved Obama's move. They called it historic. They called it a Berlin Wall moment - a step toward the liberation of the Cuban people.

The mainstream media never complained that Obama didn't ask Comrade Raul to be nicer to the impoverished people living under his communist dictatorship or release the gay Cubans held in his prisons.

Not a peep from the MSM. Not even crickets.

Trump, on the other hand, can't win with the mainstream media.

One month they're saying his tough rhetoric about North Korea is going to start World War III. A month or two later they're complaining his Singapore statement wasn't strong enough and he was too soft on Kim Jong Un.

It reminds me of the way the liberal media treated my father back in the 1980s when he was calling the USSR "The Evil Empire" and trying to meet with Soviet leaders about nuclear arms control.

The mainstream media and the foreign policy establishment were constantly pushing my dad to hurry-up and meet with the USSR's leaders, who kept dying on him until Mikhail Gorbachev came along.

The media of the day wanted my dad to sign a deal in Reykjavek with Gorbachev, ASAP. They wanted him to sign away Star Wars, take our missiles out of Europe - give up whatever it took to make the Soviets happy and avert Armageddon.

My father stuck to his guns.

He ignored the impatient liberal media, the foreign policy "experts" and some of his own staffers and within a few years the Berlin Wall was down and the USSR was history.

My father learned that negotiating successfully one-on-one with an enemy like Gorbachev is a process that takes time. The two leaders didn't accomplish or sign anything at those meetings, but ultimately my father and Gorbachev developed a liking for each other.

But that relationship didn't stop my father from telling Gorbachev at their first meeting that either you come to the table and negotiate in good faith or we'll jack up our military spending and bankrupt you, which we eventually did in the long run.

Trump's message to Kim Jong Un was similar, only blunter and much tougher - either you'll come to the table or you'll cease to exist.

Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump both used the negotiating tools they had in their hip pockets.

In the long run Trump may or may not be as successful as my father.

We're still in the first days of a long process, but the biased media are impatient and irrational.

They want everything settled yesterday and the Korean Peninsula denuked tomorrow.

But even if it turns out the way they want, they'll figure out some way to give the credit to Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama or Dennis Rodman long before they give it to President Trump.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  sixpick    6 years ago

You want something besides the crap that goes on in the girls bathroom, you need to change that channel away from MSM.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  sixpick @1    6 years ago
You want something besides the crap that goes on in the girls bathroom, you need to change that channel away from MSM.

Fox News ratings prove that it IS MSM. 

Mainstream: 

NOUN
(the mainstream)
the ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts.

BTW, MSNBC is a premium channel in many markets.and their ratings reflect that. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Dulay @1.2    6 years ago

Of course it's Mainstream.  No one is debating that, but so are CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and ABC, but Fox stands alone.  All the others are biased to the Left and Fox is biased to the right.  Most people on the Left say they don't watch Fox, so that tells me since Fox has led for the last 65 quarters, there are a lot more on the Right than the Left would want you to know.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  sixpick @1.2.1    6 years ago

The left doesn't watch Fox?

Then how come so many of them are experts on Fox?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Krishna  replied to  sixpick @1.2.1    6 years ago
Of course it's Mainstream.  No one is debating that, but so are CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and ABC, but Fox stands alone.  All the others are biased to the Left and Fox is biased to the right.  Most people on the Left say they don't watch Fox, so that tells me since Fox has led for the last 65 quarters, there are a lot more on the Right than the Left would want you to know.

Overall, in your opinion, is the media predominantly left-leaning or right-leaning?

Of the stations you've mentioned (Fox and those others) how many are on the left-- how many on the right?).

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    6 years ago

They were told that Fox News was bad and we're even told what to say when asked about Fox .Being good little mindless drones they just spouted out what they were ordered to say. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Sunshine  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    6 years ago
Overall, in your opinion, is the media predominantly left-leaning or right-leaning?

Pretty much a no-brainer.

The leftwing bias of the American mass media is pervasive and quantifiable. Since the 1980s, studies have consistently shown that the professionals who constitute America’s mainstream news media – reporters, editors, anchors, publishers, correspondents, bureau chiefs, and executives at the nation’s major newspapers, magazines, and broadcast networks – are preponderantly left-oriented and Democrat. These studies have excluded commentators, editorialists, and opinion columnists – all of whom make it clear that they are giving their opinions and analyses of the news as they view it. Rather, the focus of the research has been on those individuals whose ostensible duty is to impartially and comprehensively present the relevant facts to the readers, listeners, and viewers.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to  sixpick @1.2.1    6 years ago
Of course it's Mainstream.

So you must have a different definition of MSM because you said to turn the channel...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    6 years ago

Certainly that is a trick question.  Experience is the best teacher, if you pay attention.  The answer is in your search engine. LOL

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Jasper2529  replied to  sixpick @1.2.1    6 years ago
Most people on the Left say they don't watch Fox

I know, and that's why I've always found it hilarious that they know everything about the reporters, commenters, guests, panels, interviews, and topics regarding each show. Believe me ... they watch Fox ... but they spew what left-wing media wants them to spew.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.9  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Sunshine @1.2.5    6 years ago

About 6% of the journalists and reporters say they are conservative.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @1    6 years ago

'You wonder why Fox News is Number One in cable?

It's because CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the rest are so relentlessly negative about Donald Trump they force people to watch Fox to find out the truth about the growing economy or the historically low unemployment rates for blacks.'

There is nothing positive to report about Donald Rump and his administration of thugs, gangsters, grifters, and thieves.  

Forced to watch Fux 'news'?

laughing dude

I watched some morons on Samantha Bee who said they watched Fux 'news' 10 to 12 hours a day.  No wonder they're so ill-informed and spout all the lies and talking points.  This was at one of Donald Rump's 'rallies'.  She asked why he had to rally when he was president.  They didn't have an answer.  When she asked them straight forward questions about stuff - they were dumbfounded - 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @1    6 years ago

'You wonder why Fox News is Number One in cable?'

Because it tells Donald Rump supporters what they want to hear?  Lies, talking points?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    6 years ago

Fox News - Right Biashttps://i0.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/right06.png?w=700&ssl=1 700w, 300w" sizes="(max-width: 700px) 100vw, 700px"> RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.   See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting:   MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank:   USA 45/180

History

Founded in 1996 by  Rupert Murdoch , Fox News Channel, also known as  Fox News,  (FNC)  is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of  21st Century Fox FNC  is available in 90 million homes and it operates the Fox Business Network and Fox News Radio. Fox also owns the  National Geographic Channel , both the U.S. and international versions .  Fox News Channel is headquartered in New York, NY.

Fox News Channel was created by  Australian  born  American  media mogul  Rupert Murdoch  and former  Republican  political consultant  Roger Ailes   is the founding  CEO .   Roger Ailes was forced to resign in 2016 amid multiple accusations of sexual harassment.  Jay Wallace  was promoted to president of the network and  Suzanne Scott  has been named CEO of Fox News as of May 2018.   She will report to Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan Murdoch.  Lachlan Murdoch , is the executive chairman and co-chairman of  News Corp  and 21st Century Fox ( FOXA ). On May 7, 2018,  Comcast  announced a potential bid, making a $65 billion cash offer challenging Disney’s offer for Fox.

Funded by / Ownership

The company is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is a board member of  News Corp  21st Century Fox. James Murdoch (son) is chief executive of 21st Century Fox and recently left in May 2018 according to  Reuters .   L achlan (the other son of Murdoch) and Rupert Murdoch will serve as co-chairmens of the new Fox. Revenue analysis can be found at  Investopedia   and income reports  here .   

Analysis / Bias

According to a Pew Research Center  survey   “Fox News was the main source for 40% of Trump voters” during the 2016 election. Further, another Pew  Survey  indicates “When it comes to choosing a media source for political news, conservatives orient strongly around Fox News. Nearly half of consistent conservatives (47%) name it as their main source for government and political news.”  

Fox News typically looks at the issues from a conservative perspective and also has a number of on air personalities that are strong supporters of Trump, such as  Sean Hannity Tucker Carlson,   Bret  Baier,  Laura Ingraham Eric Bolling Tomi Lahren , and  Shepard Smith  (critical of Trump from time to time). Fox News typically skews conservative as there is less criticism of Trump, therefore the majority of stories are pro- Trump.

In review, Fox News publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as  “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard”  and  “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.”   When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a  very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the  Wall Street Journal . Fox News is also known to publish  right wing conspiracy theories , although after being sued they retracted the story. Fox News has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to  Politifact .

Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to word and story selection that favors the right and Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and spreading conspiracy theories that later must be retracted.  (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 6/15/2018)

Source: 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. 
  1. facts are conservative.
  2. feelings are liberal

Cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

FOX News is fair and balanced as well as the most trusted name in news.  I was going to say that they endeavor to tell the truth, the whole, truth, and nothing but the truth, you know like what we’d all say if we were in a court room but liberals considered that to be a “sweeping generalization” and won its being struck down as such on another seed, so, instead I’ll say that they stand for Truth, Justice, and The American Way!  Gigglela de da

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    6 years ago
FOX News is fair and balanced as well as the most trusted name in news.

laughing dude  laughing dude  laughing dude

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    6 years ago

Not even fox news says they are, "fair and balanced".. LOL

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    6 years ago

Actually fox news is listed as "mixed" when it comes to factual reporting. Nice try though. I posted the information above, feel free to dispute it with facts, if you like. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.3    6 years ago

Television viewers prefer Fox News for political coverage above all other cable news networks and trust CNN the least among them, according to a recent poll.
The Rasmussen poll shows that, when Americans were asked what channels they turn to "at least occasionally" for political news, Fox News took the top spot with 42 percent saying they watch the channel. Competitors CNN and MSNBC fell short with 35 percent and 19 percent, respectively.
The poll also asked how viewers trust the political news from each of the cable networks. Fox News again took the top spot, with 50 percent of respondents saying they trust the network's political news. Fourty-three percent of MSNBC viewers said the same, and only 33 percent of those who tune into CNN said they trust the news network.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.2    6 years ago

I’m aware they changed the logo when Ailes left but  it’s still in general circulation and Hannity still uses it.  That it’s use offends people on your side of the ideological aisle assures it’s continued use in perpetuity.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @2.3.4    6 years ago

Coming next the liberal media “fact” check for Free Beacon... laughing dudeMakes No SenseLOLcrazyGigglela de da

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.7  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.5    6 years ago

Hannity says, "fair and balanced"? Now that is some funny shit. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.3.8  seeder  sixpick  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.3    6 years ago
Actually fox news is listed as "mixed" when it comes to factual reporting. Nice try though. I posted the information above, feel free to dispute it with facts, if you like. 

So you did, but if you want to receive more information that is worthwhile, then you'll watch Fox as well.  All CNN does all day is tell you everything you already know about Trump's tweeting and anything they can twist around to put a bad light on anyone who doesn't walk their walk, mostly Trump.  I'm not glued to the TV with any channel.  I'm not here most of the time to even watch TV, but I can see there are a lot of desperate people who expected to become a part of the the new administration who seemed to be tied together in some way.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.3.9  seeder  sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.5    6 years ago

Jefferson the only reason they changed the logo was because of Ailes according to the NYT article.

The network said that “Fair and Balanced” was shelved as a marketing tool after Mr. Ailes’s departure. In its place is a new motto: “Most Watched, Most Trusted.”

I certainly trust Fox News a lot more than I do the other cable networks.  I know Fox leans heavy to the right, but they lean a whole lot closer to the truth than those who have an agenda.  We've seen it for years and especially since Trump won.  When Mark Levin, who has a great program on Fox News talked about the spying on Trump's campaign, all those other cable channels laughed it off and accused Levin of being a crazed conspirator.  Well, now we know he was right.  Obama said was right in there with the MSM acting like it was a joke to think Trump was being spied on.  I just don't trust the scumbags.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.3.10  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.5    6 years ago
I’m aware they changed the logo when Ailes left

"Fox: we'll grab you by the pussy.....and pay you hush money after you sign an NDA."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.11  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.7    6 years ago

Hannity and Donald Rump talk just about every night.  'You hang up first' ' no you hang up first'.   'Love you Don'  'Love you Sean'

chuckle

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.3.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  sixpick @2.3.8    6 years ago
So you did, but if you want to receive more information that is worthwhile, then you'll watch Fox as well. All CNN does all day is tell you everything you already know about Trump's tweeting and anything they can twist around to put a bad light on anyone who doesn't walk their walk, mostly Trump.

Try this,

fox arrow.png

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
History
Founded in 1996 by Rupert Murdoch, Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, (FNC) is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. FNC is available in 90 million homes and it operates the Fox Business Network and Fox News Radio. Fox also owns the National Geographic Channel, both the U.S. and international versions. Fox News Channel is headquartered in New York, NY.
Fox News Channel was created by Australian born American media mogul Rupert Murdoch and former Republican political consultant Roger Ailes is the founding CEO. Roger Ailes was forced to resign in 2016 amid multiple accusations of sexual harassment. Jay Wallace was promoted to president of the network and Suzanne Scott has been named CEO of Fox News as of May 2018. She will report to Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan Murdoch. Lachlan Murdoch, is the executive chairman and co-chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox (FOXA). On May 7, 2018, Comcast announced a potential bid, making a $65 billion cash offer challenging Disney’s offer for Fox.
Funded by / Ownership
The company is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is a board member of News Corp 21st Century Fox. James Murdoch (son) is chief executive of 21st Century Fox and recently left in May 2018 according to Reuters. Lachlan (the other son of Murdoch) and Rupert Murdoch will serve as co-chairmens of the new Fox. Revenue analysis can be found at Investopedia and income reports here.
Analysis / Bias
According to a Pew Research Center survey “Fox News was the main source for 40% of Trump voters” during the 2016 election. Further, another Pew Survey indicates “When it comes to choosing a media source for political news, conservatives orient strongly around Fox News. Nearly half of consistent conservatives (47%) name it as their main source for government and political news.”
Fox News typically looks at the issues from a conservative perspective and also has a number of on air personalities that are strong supporters of Trump, such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Bret Baier, Laura Ingraham, Eric Bolling, Tomi Lahren, and Shepard Smith (critical of Trump from time to time). Fox News typically skews conservative as there is less criticism of Trump, therefore the majority of stories are pro- Trump.
In review, Fox News publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. Fox News has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.
Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to word and story selection that favors the right and Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and spreading conspiracy theories that later must be retracted. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 6/15/2018)

cnn.png

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
History
The Cable News Network (CNN) is an American basic cable, satellite television channel and website. It was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel; however, by April 2016, a CNN executive officially described the channel as “no longer a TV news network” and instead as “a 24-hour global multi-platform network.” CNN has multiple international stations covering all regions of the world. CNN has been criticized as being fake news by President Trump and many of his supporters.
Funded by / Ownership
CNN is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System (AT&T – Time Warner). The television stations and website is funded through cable subscriptions and an advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
CNN has a left bias in story selection that often favors the left while being critical of the right. For example, during the 2016 Presidential Election Pew Research concluded that the majority of CNN stories covering President Donald Trump were negative. While less dramatic, Pew also determined that more stories were negative toward Presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012.
CNN typically utilizes loaded emotional words in sensational headlines such as this: Trump pounces on Justice Department report findings. CNN usually sources its news properly through credible reporters/journalists and through hyperlinking to credible media sources. However, CNN has failed numerous fact checks from Politifact. It should be noted that these fact checks were almost exclusively from guests on their numerous talk shows and not from the reporting of actual news, which tends to be factual.
Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on story selection that often favors the left. We rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misinformation and failed fact checks from guests and pundits. However, CNN’s straight news reporting would earn a High rating for factual reporting. (5/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/15/2018)

There, now we know how they are both truly rated.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.13  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @2.3.9    6 years ago
I certainly trust Fox News a lot more than I do the other cable networks.  I know Fox leans heavy to the right, but they lean a whole lot closer to the truth than those who have an agenda.  We've seen it for years and especially since Trump won.  When Mark Levin, who has a great program on Fox News talked about the spying on Trump's campaign, all those other cable channels laughed it off and accused Levin of being a crazed conspirator.  Well, now we know he was right.  Obama said was right in there with the MSM acting like it was a joke to think Trump was being spied on.  I just don't trust the scumbags.

This entire comment is complete nonsense. 

Fox leans heavy to the right, but they lean a whole lot closer to the truth than those who have an agenda.

So the right doesn't have an agenda? laughing dude

When Mark Levin, who has a great program on Fox News talked about the spying on Trump's campaign, all those other cable channels laughed it off and accused Levin of being a crazed conspirator.

Trump was not "spied on" , and Mark Levin is a huckster who plays a crazed conspirator on radio and tv. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.5  seeder  sixpick  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Pew  Survey  indicates “When it comes to choosing a media source for political news, conservatives orient strongly around Fox News.

Note: When I use the word you, I'm not talking about you personally, but those who only get their information from MSM, such as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and all the Liberal sites on the internet.

I don't think the Left or even the Democrats realize how brainwashed they are by the media.  Say, for example, you are looking for something on YouTube, such as "Stupid things MSMBC hosts have said".  Now you would expect to come up with something, wouldn't you?  But that is not the case.  It is the same media it was during the early years of Obama.  You could ask somewhat the same question back then such as "What are the good things George Bush has done" and all you would get for your search was all the good things Obama has done.

It's the same today so let's do an experiment.  We'll do a search on YouTube and ask the question " News that MSNBC got wrong ".

Here, I've done it for you:

It looks like MSNBC bought up all the parking spaces.

Now tell me where you see anything that relates to the question you posed?  You won't.  You see the same thing that I see.  The difference is I'm aware of the biased the MSM has and I wonder if you are aware of it or just how many on the Left are aware of how they are being manipulated by the media.

We don't need Trump to tell us what to think.  We see it every day.  We know when Trump lies and he does, but we also know when Trump does something good and you probably don't unless you search it out.  And it is just too easy to hang in there with your manipulated media feed.  You almost always get the answer they want you to have and not the answer to your question if they don't want you to have that.

I could talk until I'm blue in the face and I don't think it would make any difference.  I see the site has anointed "Mediabiasfactcheck.org" as the official fact check site to determine the validity of the various sites we use on this site to seed articles from.  Well, Mediafactcheck.org is a voluntary organization in a city unlike any other city in North Carolina.  We have cities that are more Liberal than others, but none so Left Winged biased as Greensboro, North Carolina.

The Climate is great and it is easy access to all the locations on the east coast where most of these people came from to populate this city over the last 20 years.  This organization is obscure and if you can find out any information on who they are then it would be helpful.  Oh, I've found some information about them and put it up some time ago so I won't go into it too much at this time, but believe me using Mediafactcheck.org to determine how bias difference sources is somewhat like using one of the MSM sources to be the judge, but that's the way it is. 

We, who are not on the Left have to work to get our information.  You on the other hand are fed yours.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.5.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  sixpick @2.5    6 years ago
such as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and all the Liberal sites on the internet.

LEFT- CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: CBS News is a mainstream USA media source. CBS News has a left-center bias in reporting and is usually well sourced and factual. (5/16/2016)

LEFT- CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: ABC News is the news division of the American Broadcasting Company (ABC), owned by the Disney Media Networks division of The Walt Disney Company. Like most so called “Mainstream” media sources ABC has been accused of liberal bias. In reality, ABC is mostly trustworthy with a left of center bias. (5/15/2016)

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
History
The Cable News Network (CNN) is an American basic cable, satellite television channel and website. It was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel; however, by April 2016, a CNN executive officially described the channel as “no longer a TV news network” and instead as “a 24-hour global multi-platform network.” CNN has multiple international stations covering all regions of the world. CNN has been criticized as being fake news by President Trump and many of his supporters.
Funded by / Ownership
CNN is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System (AT&T – Time Warner). The television stations and website is funded through cable subscriptions and an advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
CNN has a left bias in story selection that often favors the left while being critical of the right. For example, during the 2016 Presidential Election Pew Research concluded that the majority of CNN stories covering President Donald Trump were negative. While less dramatic, Pew also determined that more stories were negative toward Presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012.
CNN typically utilizes loaded emotional words in sensational headlines such as this: Trump pounces on Justice Department report findings. CNN usually sources its news properly through credible reporters/journalists and through hyperlinking to credible media sources. However, CNN has failed numerous fact checks from Politifact. It should be noted that these fact checks were almost exclusively from guests on their numerous talk shows and not from the reporting of actual news, which tends to be factual.
Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on story selection that often favors the left. We rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misinformation and failed fact checks from guests and pundits. However, CNN’s straight news reporting would earn a High rating for factual reporting. (5/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/15/2018)

I'm glad I don't watch CNN.

LEFT BIAS
Notes: MSNBC is an American basic cable and satellite television network that provides news coverage and political commentary from NBC News on current events. MSNBC has a left wing bias in reporting and wording. MSNBC has also made some false claims according to Politifact. (5/13/2016)
Update 7/29/2017: MSNBC has been hiring numerous conservative journalists, reporters and writers over the last year. MSNBC will be re-evaluated to determine if they have indeed moved more toward the right in reporting.

I do watch MSNBC and, I must say those new conservative journalists seem to be doing their jobs accurately but, most of them don't support Trump policies, they do support conservative values though.

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
History
Founded in 1996 by Rupert Murdoch, Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, (FNC) is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. FNC is available in 90 million homes and it operates the Fox Business Network and Fox News Radio. Fox also owns the National Geographic Channel, both the U.S. and international versions. Fox News Channel is headquartered in New York, NY.
Fox News Channel was created by Australian born American media mogul Rupert Murdoch and former Republican political consultant Roger Ailes is the founding CEO. Roger Ailes was forced to resign in 2016 amid multiple accusations of sexual harassment. Jay Wallace was promoted to president of the network and Suzanne Scott has been named CEO of Fox News as of May 2018. She will report to Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan Murdoch. Lachlan Murdoch, is the executive chairman and co-chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox (FOXA). On May 7, 2018, Comcast announced a potential bid, making a $65 billion cash offer challenging Disney’s offer for Fox.
Funded by / Ownership
The company is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is a board member of News Corp 21st Century Fox. James Murdoch (son) is chief executive of 21st Century Fox and recently left in May 2018 according to Reuters. Lachlan (the other son of Murdoch) and Rupert Murdoch will serve as co-chairmens of the new Fox. Revenue analysis can be found at Investopedia and income reports here.
Analysis / Bias
According to a Pew Research Center survey “Fox News was the main source for 40% of Trump voters” during the 2016 election. Further, another Pew Survey indicates “When it comes to choosing a media source for political news, conservatives orient strongly around Fox News. Nearly half of consistent conservatives (47%) name it as their main source for government and political news.”
Fox News typically looks at the issues from a conservative perspective and also has a number of on air personalities that are strong supporters of Trump, such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Bret Baier, Laura Ingraham, Eric Bolling, Tomi Lahren, and Shepard Smith (critical of Trump from time to time). Fox News typically skews conservative as there is less criticism of Trump, therefore the majority of stories are pro- Trump.
In review, Fox News publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. Fox News has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.
Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to word and story selection that favors the right and Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and spreading conspiracy theories that later must be retracted. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 6/15/2018)

Oooo, snap, it seems FAUX Noise doesn't get a good rating at all.

And, there are many more story's of were FAUX Noise got the story wrong, maybe you should find another news source.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3  devangelical    6 years ago

#1 in attracting an audience of fucking morons. #1 in employing pussy grabbers. #1 in stock being owned by foreign investors.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  devangelical @3    6 years ago
#1 in employing pussy grabbers

DeF0QQJV4AYRxQ1.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1    6 years ago

fake news.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.1    6 years ago

In my opinion, labeling Fox News as a Nazi propaganda site by posting that swastika is what is criminal. How can an intelligent person POSSIBLY liken it to a site like Stormfront?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    6 years ago

An intelligent person wouldn't.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    6 years ago
How can an intelligent person POSSIBLY liken it to a site like Stormfront?

Probably because Fox supports white supremacists like the King of the Birthers.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.5    6 years ago

While the left wing media supports the Progressive Israel-bashing anti-Semites and the ultra-biased UN.  Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Just makes my point that NEITHER can be trusted.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.6    6 years ago

Sounds like you've confused the opposition to Likudnik policies with antisemitism.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.7    6 years ago

I saw a poll showing startling differences in support for the current state of Israel as is 🇮🇱 between Israeli and American Jews and between American Jews living there and American Jews living here.  The divide was also among American Jews who were of the three branches of their faith and non observant and among American Jews between our democrats and Republicans.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.9  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.8    6 years ago

Certainly AIPAC supporters are Likudniks, but Jews in Israel are far more skeptical of the right-wing extremists who currently control their government.    No doubt Buzz would also call them antisemites.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.10  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.8    6 years ago

No more PBR's for you !

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.5    6 years ago

Well, Al Sharpton and Jesses Jackson didn't feel that way in the past.  Like I said, ideology trumps everything.  It doesn't make any difference whether a person is of any color or gender, if they aren't following the Left's ideology, a Liberal can turn on you in a minute.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.9    6 years ago

Just to educate you about AIPAC, and to let you know that I resent your comment about anti-Semitism.

I would say that AIPAC is made up of Jews from all streams of Judaism except perhaps self-loathing Jews or those who would like to see Hamas conquer Israel and annihilate ALL the Jews there, whether or not they are Likud, even the traitors who write for Ha'aretz. Those who support Israel's survival are not necessarily Likud or Netanyahu supporters, as may be your (and your thumb-uppers) opinion. It is not necessary to be a supporter of Likud or Netanyahu to be a supporter of Israel, but only supporters of Israel would be supporters of AIPAC. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.13  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.12    6 years ago
I would say that AIPAC is made up of Jews from all streams of Judaism

It's made up of the political far right and not all of its members are Jewish.   AIPAC's only real allegiance is to right wing loons like Netanyahu.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.13    6 years ago

I don't agree, and there's no way you can prove your opinion without some ultra-biased report. I'm not a "Likudnik" and I would support AIPAC if I were an American.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.14    6 years ago

The role of AIPAC is to encourage a strong relationship between the USA and Israel.  It has been in existence since 1963 and has supported Israel notwithstanding its many governments and leaders with differing policies throughout the years. You cannot label it and its members as supporting any specific government or leader any more than any other - as long as it supports Israel as a nation and its relationship with the USA it is doing its job and that means it is NOT made up of ONLY what Skrekk calls Likudniks.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1    6 years ago

So he grabbed you by the pussy Surfsup?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.13    6 years ago
'AIPAC's only real allegiance is to right wing loons like Netanyahu.'

Isn't he under investigation for serious charges?  Bribery and the like?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.18  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.14    6 years ago
I would support AIPAC if I were an American.

No ethical American would, only far right wingers do.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.19  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.18    6 years ago

To the contrary, any American who supports the survival of Israel would belong. Only those whose beliefs differ from that would have no interest. I don't know which side YOU'RE on - do you support the survival of Israel or not? I defined the purpose of AIPAC above - that is made clear in its website.  So you as a left-winger do NOT believe in the strength of the relationhip of America with Israel, or its survival as a Jewish nation (it having been created for that purpose by the UN originally, according to its resolutions). Nice to know. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.20  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.19    6 years ago

I certainly don't support the Likudnik agenda of AIPAC.   No ethical person would.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.21  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.20    6 years ago

THE AGENDA OF AIPAC - ITS MISSION AS QUOTED FROM ITS WEB SITE

Our Mission

The mission of AIPAC is to strengthen, protect and promote the U.S.-Israel relationship in ways that enhance the security of the United States and Israel.

AIPAC’s staff and citizen activists educate decision makers about the bonds that unite the United States and Israel and how it is in America’s best interest to help ensure that the Jewish state is safe, strong and secure.

Cooperation between the two countries is advantageous for both nations. As America's bipartisan pro-Israel lobby, AIPAC urges all members of Congress to support Israel through foreign aid, government partnerships, joint anti-terrorism efforts and the promotion of a negotiated two-state solution—a Jewish state of Israel and a demilitarized Palestinian state.

Obviously it's necessary to repeat this becaue Skrekk has totally ignored it. Maybe if I make the font bigger and darker he will get the idea that AIPAC is NOT made up of Likudniks. If that were true, EVERY JEW IN NORTH AMERICA WHO SUPPORTS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE USA AND ISRAEL WOULD BE A LIKUDNIK, AND SKREKK, YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT LIKELY.

The role of AIPAC, as indicated above in its mission quoted from its web site, is to encourage a strong relationship between the USA and Israel. It has been in existence since 1963 and has supported Israel notwithstanding its many governments and leaders with differing policies throughout the years. You cannot label it and its members as supporting any specific government or leader any more than any other - as long as it supports Israel as a nation and its relationship with the USA it is doing its job and that means it is NOT made up of ONLY what Skrekk calls Likudniks.  I consider that a slanderous lie.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @3    6 years ago

Of all my individual stock holdings which are small compared to mutual and exchange traded funds in my mini portfolio, 21st century Fox 🦊 and Newscorp are my single biggest holding before and after their stock split.  While this one is among the stock I own for ideological reasons, it is also a very good one on an objective investment basis as well.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    6 years ago

Golly, imagine how much those stock dividends would've been if FOX didn't have to pay off all those hefty sexual harassment settlements.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.3  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @3    6 years ago

#1 in attracting an audience of fucking morons

So you watch Fox News then. Good to know .

BTW I do not. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3.1  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @3.3    6 years ago

I don't watch the white supremacist propaganda channel either.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @3    6 years ago

Comment has no value

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.4.1  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4    6 years ago

I agree.  Sounds like Hillary, doesn't it.  She lost.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.4.2  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4    6 years ago

Extending the logic of teabag morons, the higher the ratings = the more truthful, means that the number of up votes on comments determine the  truth here on NT. See how that works?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4    6 years ago
'Comment has no value'

Your comments never do.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
Trump, on the other hand, can't win with the mainstream media.

newsflash:

no one cared what the mainstream media said before trumps election and no one with any sense is going to suddenly start caring what they say now.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4    6 years ago

Sweeping generalizations [ph]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Right Wing, Left Wing, but NO Centrist Wing.  It's been more than half a century that it's been needed to crawl through the media bias to come up with an unbiased story.  However, it IS possible for even biased media to publish facts and actual quotations.  To me it seems to be necessary to look hard for those actual facts in ALL media.  I guess it's necessary to read or watch BOTH the "wings" in order to make up one's mind what it true and what isn't. So just take the conservative media, subtract from it the liberal media and the remainder could be the truth.

By the way, unless you clicked the seed link, or knew the history of the Reagan/Gorbachev detente one would not know that Ronald Reagan's son Michael wrote the seeded article.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    6 years ago
Ronald Reagan's son Michael

....is a real nutbag.    He also was adopted.    Reagan's biological son is much saner.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago
"....is a real nutbag."

Your evidence of that accusation? Note that, having taught English, I was careful not to say "YOU'RE evidence of that accusation." LOL. Aren't homonyms fun?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.1    6 years ago
Aren't homonyms fun?

Fun? Yes!

No wonder they call homonyms "gays"!

(Although there is still discrimination--- many people still feel that "marriage should be between a man and a woman"...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.1    6 years ago
Your evidence of that accusation?

apparently because he is adopted.  what a shameful thing to be said.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.1    6 years ago
Your evidence of that accusation?

Michael Reagan is a well-known right wing loon as well as a racist and a sexist (but I repeat myself).   Here are some examples of his dimwittery:

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7.1.5  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.1    6 years ago

Evidence not required.  Gustra has been involve with the Clintons for years.  Bill and he are old buddy's, probably landed that private jet on Lolita Island a few times.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7.1.6  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Skrekk @7.1.4    6 years ago

Testosterone treatments maybe?  Not everyone has been neutered.  He was just playing with the fragile minds of Liberals, kind of like Trump does.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago
He was adopted.

He was adopted before Nancy figured out her digestive tract wasn't connected to her reproductive organs.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7.1.2    6 years ago

I thought homonyms were hymns sung by homosexuals.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @7.1.3    6 years ago
apparently because he is adopted.  what a shameful thing to be said.

What a shameful thing to say. Your know it all supposition is uncalled for.  What right do you have to play mind reader when you know nothing about the person's personal life or what their thoughts and feelings are on the matter? None. So before you try to shame someone else without knowing what you are talking about, try getting your facts straight first. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago

What exactly are you saying?  As a foster parent and adoptive parent of a child still living at home I’m offended by the cheap shot at kids who for whatever reason don’t get to grow up with their biological parents.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.1.7    6 years ago

He was adopted during his parents marriage.  Nancy was not his adoptive mom.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.9    6 years ago

As an adoptive parent, I can say what Sunshine has to say is right on.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.1.7    6 years ago

And as an adoptive parent I had to give up any chance with my recent girl friend because she was so opposed to and hostile toward him.  She called him my so called son because he was adopted and not bio and that I’d adopted him half a year before we met.  She wanted me and not him and wanted the adoption undone, an act I refused to do.  She literally forced me to choose between her and my child and I did.  So, yes, bashing in any way children who are adopted or raised in foster care as mine was before adoption will trigger me.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.14  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.10    6 years ago

It only took you 6 days to realize you were offended.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @7.1.14    6 years ago

I see something, I respond to it.  What’s your point?  That if something passes unchallenged or unseen for a period of time it stand without question?  

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.16  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.13    6 years ago

Bullshit. It was the no premarital sex belief. bwah ha ha

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.12    6 years ago
I can say what Sunshine has to say is right on.

You can say anything you want, but, it does not change the fact that is shameful. You simply like to think so. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.18  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.17    6 years ago

Sunshine was responding to Buzz regarding his comment to Skrekk.  This....                                   7.1 Skrekk replied to Buzz of the Orient @7 6 days ago
Ronald Reagan's son Michael
“....is a real nutbag. He also was adopted. Reagan's biological son is much saner.”                                 What Sunshine said in reply to the above is right on.  I’m saying that as an adoptive parent.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.20  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.18    6 years ago

Are you denying that Reagan's adopted son Michael is a real nutbag?   Reagan's biological kids sure seem to think so.

As a foster parent and adoptive parent of a child still living at home I’m offended by the cheap shot at kids who for whatever reason don’t get to grow up with their biological parents. 

Hmmmmm......that sounds like you're trying to make a strong argument for treating same-sex couples with kids the same as all other families.    Kudos for your evolution on this issue!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Or he was just trying to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Bingo!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    6 years ago
Bingo!

Trumps jealousy of Obama is so rabid that he has to abolish anything and everything that Obama did good, and try to replace it with his own ideas, which so far aren't working out too good. And since Obama got a Noble Peace Prize, Trump is so totally beside himself to get one too that he will do and say anything he thinks will insure him of one. He thinks that his photo op with Kim will insure him one of those too, that he is actually believing he already has it wrapped up, and all it needs now is the announcement that he got it. I would not want to be anywhere around him at any time, but, especially, if he does not get the award that he has made a fool of himself and America to get.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1    6 years ago

Well, maybe he'll get one, but I hope it is for something rather that being in office for a few months, traveling around the world apologizing for America and then starting more wars than any other President that last his entire 8 years.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    6 years ago

Fox number one?  Probably.  For the 9:00 pm slot, the FOX Talker is paid nearly 25X what the competition is paid. 

Last I heard, H on FOX had a $43.5 million annual salary on contract.  M on MSNBC was garnering $1.9 million.  C on CNN was around $2.8 million I think.

Note that I mentioned no names.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
10.1  seeder  sixpick  replied to  bbl-1 @10    6 years ago

I don't think you have that right bb. Most of them are paid well, but only the top hosts get the real money, I believe.  I think Hannity gets somewhere around 430 million.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.1  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @10.1    6 years ago

$430 million a year? No wonder trump takes his calls.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
10.1.2  seeder  sixpick  replied to  devangelical @10.1.1    6 years ago

Sure looked like a $ when I typed it, but I guess I had typing burnout.  That's $30 million. LOL

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.3  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @10.1.2    6 years ago

Approximately $60K per conspiracy is still pretty fucking good.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  sixpick @10.1.2    6 years ago

New contract of 2016 is $36 million per year.  Down from the previous $43.5 annual take.

Allegedly Hannity's net worth is $80 million which I do not believe.  I think he's hiding cash somewhere.

Also, his wife, Jill Rhodes is divorcing him.  The divorce is real, the news coverage of it is nearly a secret.  Wonder if she's taking his...…….arse to the cleaners?  For the children of course.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @10.1.5    6 years ago
'Also, his wife, Jill Rhodes is divorcing him.  The divorce is real, the news coverage of it is nearly a secret.  Wonder if she's taking his...…….arse to the cleaners?  For the children of course.'

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!  I wonder if that has anything to do with Michael Cohen - the fixer

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.7    6 years ago

Interesting.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @10.1.5    6 years ago
his wife, Jill Rhodes is divorcing him

Hannity??? I thought he was a devout Catholic?

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.9    6 years ago

It'll be a $50 million anal-ment then.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.11  bbl-1  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.9    6 years ago

No.  You are incorrect.  Hannity is a devout jerk.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
10.1.12  seeder  sixpick  replied to  XDm9mm @10.1.4    6 years ago

A little dyslexia as well.  Surprised I didn't put 340k.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @10.1.11    6 years ago

Thanks for the correction. :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @10.1.2    6 years ago

I know his radio show was 100 million over 5 years and that is well into that time frame so a contract that comes out to 10m a year for TV seems reasonable.  Rush’s 8 year 400 million contact for radio is the biggest one in the radio TV  news opinion industry.  

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
11  JumpDrive    6 years ago

Foxnews has less than 2.5M prime time viewers, ABC & NBC have over 8M each, and CBS has well over 6M. So 23M watch mainstream news; It takes some seriously fuzzy math to put Fox first.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1  Skrekk  replied to  JumpDrive @11    6 years ago

And Faux News is part of basic cable packages, whereas you have to pay extra for premium channels like MSNBC.   Thus it appeals to elderly right-wingers who are trying to save their pennies.     It has by far the most elderly viewing demographic of any channel, mostly people of Billo Reilly's age or older.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Skrekk @11.1    6 years ago

Turn off FOX blaring all day in the truck stops and nursing homes, and they'd be rated last.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @11.1.1    6 years ago
'Turn off FOX blaring all day in the truck stops and nursing homes, and they'd be rated last.'

I noticed at most Goodyear facilities they are only blasting Fux 'news' as well.  I don't go there anymore because they tried to rip me off royally in the past.  Had all the wheel bearings in my car replaced (front and back) and a little over a year later they had to be re-done again.  When I told them they had been done there already and wasn't it under warranty?  It was thank goodness or they would have ripped me off big time.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.3    6 years ago

Years ago, I had a wristwatch that was a universal remote. I had a lot of fun secretly changing channels in places populated by toothless knuckle draggers. Changing the channel off FOX at the most inopportune times was hilarious. The yelling, the help running around trying to find their remote to change the channel back. When I started to feel any guilt, I remembered that they worked there by choice and had already become brain dead subliminally due to the constant FOX background noise.

Tire shops do tires well. I've had the same garage owner/mechanic for 15 years. Find yours. It's a lot easier to do now.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @11.1.1    6 years ago
Turn off FOX blaring all day in the truck stops and nursing homes, and they'd be rated last.

Yep and there is NO WAY Trump will win in 2016 right?

Still haven't learned your lesson have you but by all means ..... keep it up!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
11.1.6  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Skrekk @11.1    6 years ago
And Faux News is part of basic cable packages, whereas you have to pay extra for premium channels like MSNBC.

Fox local is entirely different than Fox cable.  I know you know this, but thanks for giving an example of how the MSM twist things around to deceive the viewer or in your case the reader. 

From Mediocracy....

The main distinguishing feature of the mediocratic ethic is dishonesty. Mediocracy stresses the importance of one thing while engendering its opposite. Some of the time this dishonesty is concealed. But, as in Orwell’s 1984, mediocracy’s ability to brandish contradictions is also part of its power.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.7  devangelical  replied to  NORMAN-D @11.1.2    6 years ago

Subtract the constipated goobers that can hold a steering wheel and the one foot in the grave blue-hairs, sitting in a drug induced stupor turning the cafeteria menu into mud in front of the TV, and it's shopping channel audience numbers.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.5    6 years ago

Maybe some of those flyover fucktards will be hired on as caretakers, after they lose their farms because of trumps trade war.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @11.1.4    6 years ago
'Years ago, I had a wristwatch that was a universal remote. I had a lot of fun secretly changing channels in places populated by toothless knuckle draggers. Changing the channel off FOX at the most inopportune times was hilarious. The yelling, the help running around trying to find their remote to change the channel back. When I started to feel any guilt, I remembered that they worked there by choice and had already become brain dead subliminally due to the constant FOX background noise.'  Giggle
'Tire shops do tires well. I've had the same garage owner/mechanic for 15 years. Find yours. It's a lot easier to do now.'

That car was a an '05 chevy and it became a real clunker.  I finally got rid of it last year and got a brand new Subaru.  I take it to Surbaru for all the maintenance now.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.11  devangelical  replied to  NORMAN-D @11.1.10    6 years ago

So stupid, they never caught on. During football games and anything on FOX. Fucking hilarious.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.5    6 years ago
'Still haven't learned your lesson have you but by all means ..... keep it up!'

'We'll see what happens'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @11.1.11    6 years ago
'So stupid, they never caught on. During football games and anything on FOX. Fucking hilarious.'

They're certainly not known for their high IQs.  Bunch of inbred morons.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.9    6 years ago

I drive an 04 Kia with 190,000 miles on it planning to keep it to 300,000.  Great SUV.  I like watching Fox News while it’s getting routine maintence.  I also watch Fox while on routine doctor/dentist/ eye doc visits as well as the gym.  Of course the gym plays all three cable news outlets.  The machines in proximity to the Fox screen are the most occupied.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @11.1.11    6 years ago

Such petty bullying.  So typical of all that you project here.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
11.3  seeder  sixpick  replied to  JumpDrive @11    6 years ago
So 23M watch mainstream news; It takes some seriously fuzzy math to put Fox first.

If that's the case, no wonder the MSM has brainwashed so many.  I know I hear the breaks on the radio are usually by one of those.  And when I hear what they're saying it makes me cringe, hearing how they are twisting stories to foster the interpretation they want people to believe.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.3.1  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @11.3    6 years ago

Projection. Remember all those dire predictions the teabag media made 10 years ago? Need some reminders?  

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.3.4  devangelical  replied to  NORMAN-D @11.3.3    6 years ago

FEMA camps, martial law, gun confiscation, marxist/muslim takeover, new world order, blah, blah, blah.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.3.6  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @11.3.2    6 years ago

Don't forget the mother of all fucked up projections:

No way Trump wins the Presidency ..... yeah, thats the gold standard for the left and one of the direct causes of many other stupid projections since ....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.3.7  Skrekk  replied to  devangelical @11.3.4    6 years ago
FEMA camps, martial law, gun confiscation, marxist/muslim takeover, new world order, blah, blah, blah.

I wonder why Trump isn't using Obama's FEMA camps to imprison all the little brown kids he's abducting?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.3.8  Skrekk  replied to  Sparty On @11.3.6    6 years ago

Are you saying that Fox colluded with Russia to rig the election for Trump?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.3.9  Sparty On  replied to  Skrekk @11.3.8    6 years ago

Nah, nonsensical theories and projections are more your forte but by all means, add that one to your resist Trump bag of nasty tricks.  

Maybe a few strands of spaghetti will actually stick this time.   You gotta be correct sooner or later ..... right?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
11.3.10  seeder  sixpick  replied to  XDm9mm @11.3.2    6 years ago

I remember that lists XDm9mm.  LOL  The world was gong into a depression we would never recover from.  I remember where some big wheel said he was cashing in all his stock and holding onto the cash.  What a fool.  He could have enjoyed a 25% gain in value had he not done that. 

The only thing I remember about the Tea Party was hard working people wanted more government accountability and lower taxes.  And how can I forget how they cleaned up after themselves leaving all the places they had their rallies cleaner than they were before they had them, unlike the Anarchist Democrats shitting in the streets, raping the women and pissing on the car tires like dogs. LOL!!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
11.3.11  seeder  sixpick  replied to  NORMAN-D @11.3.5    6 years ago

That's not a list of facts.....That's simply puking propaganda talking point's, with nothing to support them. 

In the future, when you are asked for a 'list' to support a point....do make it real, non opionion and a factual point to discuss. Hell...I can say...Pelozi murdered her butler, and Schumer sued his servants...but, then as you know that is just opinion.......GET IT?

He probably got those from MSNBC.  You know they won the aware for the most BS cable network in the country.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12  Sparty On    6 years ago

Ah yes, its so nice to come on Newstalkers each Monday morning to see that, once again, the same old left wing crackpots have been spewing their typical hateful rhetoric.

Hate on you crazy haters ....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  JohnRussell    6 years ago

A couple comments -

FOX NEWS is mainstream news. There is no basis for saying that they are not, other than that they want that rebellious image. FOX NEWS is available on most cable networks and even on most streaming services. Everyone can get Fox News with little or no difficultly, and that makes them mainstream media. 

While cable news ratings are small in themselves, the fact that content from the cable news channels gets replayed and shown around the internet greatly magnifies their impact.

And lastly, it is pretty silly to say something like "Fox is number one". In the first place it is somewhat like being the tallest midget in the room. None of them have eye popping ratings when you take all television watchers into account. And Fox viewers are very demographically unbalanced. They are predominantly old white men. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @13    6 years ago

Then the liberal left can quit whining about Fox since it is so insignificant, right?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
13.3  seeder  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @13    6 years ago
They are predominantly old white men.

Well, there must be one hell of a lot of old men, since Fox has the highest ratings in viewership of the three CABLE News Stations.

Did you attend Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Everyone knows the stations that are considered to be the MSM means NBC, CBS, ABC and their CABLE networks of CNN and MSNBC.  Hell, half of them worked for Obama or Clinton at one time or another. Fox is just a baby when you put them up against all the stations that are under the MSM.  That's why so many people are so brainwashed today.

Here you go.....  Fox is included.  You'll know which one is a Fox Local Station because it will say Fox on the screen.  Local stations aren't like the cable networks.  They don't show news all day and night, but all of them get their talking points from the same place.

If you don't see Fox on the screen, you can pretty much count on the station being a subsidiary of one of the MSM Networks.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

The better question is who in the fuck still actually watches cable news?