╌>

Liberal America has a political violence problem

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  96ws6  •  6 years ago  •  206 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Hamburg, Germany, July. As world leaders gather for the G20 summit, far-left “anti-fascist” (antifa) rioters set fire to cars and property, terrorize residents and injure more than 200 police officers attempting to keep the peace. Did you miss it? CNN’s initial reports referred to the “protesters” as “eclectic” and “peaceful.”

But you need not cross the shining seas to experience violence, destruction of property and a general dismantling of liberal values from the political left. You could simply visit America’s elite college campuses like Yale or Middlebury or Berkeley, where tomorrow’s leaders attempt to shut down conservative voices with protest or riots. At Middlebury, rioting students landed liberal professor Allison Stanger in a neck brace for the crime of defending a conservative academic’s right to speak. At Berkeley, mobs of students created a “war zone” ahead of a planned visit from conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, injuring   Trump   supporters and causing $100,000 in damages.

Or head to Portland, Ore., one of the most liberal cities in the nation in the heart of the progressive Pacific Northwest, which this month Politico labeled “America’s Most Politically Violent City.” The progressive paradise —where   Republicans   are virtually an extinct species — has witnessed millions in damages attributed to the same types of anti-fascists-in-name-only that kept Hamburg residents paralyzed in fear this month. A “counter-protest” to a planned pro-Trump rally landed 14 antifa in jail for attacking the police with explosives and bricks.

Witness the blood-soaked congressional baseball field in Alexandria, Va., site of the June attack on U.S. Rep.   Steve Scalise , R-La., and other Republicans batting up for their annual bipartisan game. James Hodgkinson, a “fervent supporter of progressive politics,” showed up to the field with a rifle, a handgun and a hit list of Republicans. As Scalise fought for his life, MSNBC host Joy Reid felt conflicted: The attempted assassination was a “delicate thing” because of Scalise’s conservative views like opposition to gay marriage. “Are we required in a moral sense to put that aside in the moment?” she wondered. Yes, Joy, you are.   The shooting   of a mainstream, congressional Republican leader is reprehensible, and in no way justifiable.)

Now cross the Potomac and visit the halls of Congress, where Democratic lawmakers have accused Republicans of murder for supporting an overhaul to the spiraling, ruined Obamacare program, which by next year will leave dozens of counties without a single option for insurance. Reasonable people can disagree about how much our   Medicaid program should grow without comparing the Republican bill to 9/11, as Sen. Bernie Sanders, the independent from Vermont, did recently. Or saying the health care bill is paid for with “blood money” of dead Americans, as Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., tweeted shortly after the Scalise attack. If our sitting senators don’t act more responsibly, who will?

Instead of retweeting, liberals who care about preserving our political system should be outraged that these are the standard-bearers of their party.

Nobody is directly responsible for a shooting except the shooter, and nobody throws a brick except the person who picks it up. No side has a monopoly on political violence. There are loonies at the fringes of every political movement — mentally ill, perturbed and paranoid — who can be stirred toward violence or dissuaded from it.

But when we have Democratic senators accusing political opponents of murder, when our college campuses descend into assault zones for conservative speakers (or those who defend them), when our major cities become playgrounds for far-left rioters and the news media gloss over it, we move toward a more violent and fractured society, not a safer one.

If gay people were pouring into bars and punching straight people, I as a gay man would speak out. If Jews were propagating terror in the name of our religion, I would condemn it vociferously. And when violence has come from the conservative side, I don’t hesitate to stand against it. But it’s not.

There have been no right-wing groups storming campuses and flinging feces at speakers we don’t like; no   tea party   mobs destroying property, assaulting police officers, and paralyzing our major cities; and no Republican senators calling their colleagues murderers just weeks after a political assassination attempt.

From Portland to New Haven to Washington, the violence we’re witnessing is largely a product of the hard left, and the reaction from mainstream liberals — mostly silence, dismissiveness, equivocation — means it will continue to flourish.

To move toward a less violent and hyper-charged society, we must be clearheaded about violence where we see it, and not avoid the subject. We must condemn it without conditions.

If you think Republicans are murderers, you’re an extremist. If you’re trading in that kind of rhetoric just to shut the other side up or raise a buck, you’re giving cover to extremists. And if you object to political violence but fail to speak out, your weakness is causing our society to fracture.

It’s time for liberal America to speak out against violence and the rhetoric that incites it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  96WS6    6 years ago

A voice of reason in a sea of madness.....

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @1    6 years ago

You don't differentiate between the Antifa and Black Bloc, who are anarchists. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

I have never even heard of them is this some new made up to try to convince people that ANTIFA is peaceful?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

Hey found some info.  So how do you even tell these guys and ANTIFA apart?  They use the same tactics and wear the same kinds of masks the ANTIFA criminals do.  Make no mistake, if you came to start a riot or incite violence you are not a peaceful protester.  You are a criminal.  If you weren't you wouldn't need to cover your face.

BTW thanks for pointing out there are even worse left wing wackos than ANTIFA to worry about.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.1    6 years ago

From everything I have read, 'black bloc' is a tactic of Antifa and even white nationalists in order to protect ones identity .. even after reading the links, I am still thinking that these individuals are one in the same.  All one needs is a helmet and a face cover - Ta Da black bloc - for appearances, I guess everyone can also dress in black...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.5  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1.4    6 years ago

Looks that way to me too.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
1.1.6  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1.4    6 years ago

This is correct.  Black bloc are tactics.  Although some groups have adopted the name.  Words change I guess but initially it was just tactics used 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.5    6 years ago

I suppose it could be for blame sake that black bloc is seen as a different organization/movement - ignore the man behind the curtain kind of thing...

There is so much anger, that runs so deep .. what else can become of it but violence?  I would like to think Charlottesville was a one of a kind explosion - the law enforcement at the scene, out numbered and I think intimidated .. did nothing but watch as 35 different states supremacists converged on Charlottesville along with Antifa...

The Frontline program Tuesday night said that there was no intelligence being shared, and that Charlottesville police did not do their research (paraphrasing of course) thus were caught with their pants down.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.8  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.1    6 years ago
I have never even heard of them is this some new made up to try to convince people that ANTIFA is peaceful?

I had run-ins with them during the anti-war protests in 2002-03. They tended to break stuff and then leave but the media didn't see them so they blamed the broken windows and burned cars on the anti-war types like us.  We called them anarcho-kiddies. Most of them are just looking for a reason to break stuff and cause trouble.

I've never seen Antifa, but they have to be more peaceful than those punks.

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.1.9  TruettCollins  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.1    6 years ago

It seems you have trouble makers that hide in the rest of the crowd to cause problems, how ever you haven't had a car run though the middle of the Con crowd killing a young woman.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.5    6 years ago

I agree as well. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @1    6 years ago

'Hamburg, Germany, July. As world leaders gather for the G20 summit, far-left “anti-fascist” (antifa) rioters set fire to cars and property, terrorize residents and injure more than 200 police officers attempting to keep the peace. Did you miss it? CNN’s initial reports referred to the “protesters” as “eclectic” and “peaceful.”

How does relate to the 'liberal america having a political violence problem' since it happened in Germany?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    6 years ago

If you read past the first paragraph you should be able to figure that our for yourself.Face Palm

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.1    6 years ago

I did - but the usual blathering nonsense turned me off. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    6 years ago

Is that why you have never finished one?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.3    6 years ago

They don’t read our seeds.  They are here only to criticize.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.5  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.4    6 years ago

Anyone who is scribbled enough to think Trump is a good president, is not worth listening to at all.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  lennylynx @1.2.5    6 years ago

Anyone who rants, raves and otherwise carries on about Trump like many on here do, has bigger problems than who our POTUS is.

MUCH bigger problems .....

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.4    6 years ago
They don’t read our seeds.

Oh, please! There have been several instances where it was perfectly clear that you yourself had not read your seed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  96WS6 @1    6 years ago

This article is over a year old.  At least find something current to make an argument about a supposed present threat. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.3.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    6 years ago

That is a good point John.  Since this article was written Maxine has rounded up the troops and there have been several more ANTIFA clashes.  A black female conservative was publicly harassed and shouted White supremacist slogans at, and in an almost word for word execution of that encouragement...there were a couple of liberals in the restaurant and (although she is not a cabinet member and does not work for Trump) they called a bunch of other people and "created a crowd" and "pushed back on them" and "told them they are not welcome".  

...and here is Hillary with an ANTIFA terrorist that was recently arrested for illegally carrying a deadly weapon.

Antifamemberhillaryclinton678x381.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2  Dismayed Patriot    6 years ago

"And when violence has come from the conservative side, I don’t hesitate to stand against it. But it’s not."

Really? It's not? Seems to be a long record of right wing violence and murder that the author has conveniently forgotten about. (Column shows # injured/killed)

2018 Stabbing of Blaze Bernstein Orange County, California 0 1
2017 University of Maryland stabbing College Park, Maryland 0 1
2017 Car-ramming attack into counter-protestors at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally Charlottesville, Virginia 19 1
2017 Portland train attack Portland, Oregon 1 2
2017 Stabbing of Timothy Caughman New York City 0 1
2015 Shooting at a showing of the film Trainwreck Lafayette, Louisiana 9 2
2015 Planned Parenthood shooting Colorado Springs, Colorado 9 3
2015 Shooting attack on worshippers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Charleston, South Carolina 1 9
2014 Attack on Pennsylvania State Police barracks Blooming Grove, Pennsylvania 1 1
2014 Ambush attack on Las Vegas police officers Las Vegas, Nevada 3
2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting Overland Park, Kansas 3
2013 Los Angeles International Airport shooting attack on TSA officer Los Angeles, California 6 1
2013 Double murder committed by Jeremy Lee Moody and Christine Moody Jonesville, South Carolina 0 2
2012 Ambush attack against St. John the Baptist Parish police St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana 2 2
2012 Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting Oak Creek, Wisconsin 4 6
2012 Tri-state killing spree by white supremacists David Pedersen and Holly Grigsby Multiple 4
2011 FEAR group attacks Georgia 3
2010 Murder committed by Aryan Brotherhood members Mississippi 0 1
2010 Shooting at bookstore cafe perpetrated by Ross William Muehlberger Wichita Falls, Texas 4 1
2010 Murder of Todd Getgen [42] [43] Carlisle, Pennsylvania 0 1
2010 Suicide attack by airplane Austin, Texas 13 1
2009 Murder of sex offender by white supremacists North Palm Springs, California 0 1
2009 Murder committed by Charles Francis Gaskins Carmichael, California 0 1
2009 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting Washington, D.C. 1 1
2009 Assassination of George Tiller Wichita, Kansas 1 1
2009 Murders of Raul and Brisenia Flores Brockton, Massachusetts 1 2
2009 Shooting of Pittsburgh police officers Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2 3
2009 Woodburn bank bombing Woodburn, Oregon 2 2
2008 Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting Knoxville, Tennessee 8 2
2007 Murder of homeless man by Aryan Soldiers 0 1
2006 Murder committed by John Ditullio 1 1
2004 Bank robbery Tulsa, Oklahoma 0 1
2003 Torture, abduction and murder Salinas, California 0 1
2001 Post-September 11 shootings Multiple 1 6

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    6 years ago

Here's some of your Antifa peaceful marchers cold-cocking a guy just walking down the street - not violence?????

Wonder why they all have to cover their faces - hit you from behind - always be with a crowd - aren't they "proud" of what they're doing?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    6 years ago
your Antifa peaceful marchers cold-cocking a guy just walking down the street - not violence?

First, I have always denounced any violence or vandalism by any side of the political fence. Second, antifa doesn't represent me and is likely made up of a bunch of hooligan anarchist opportunists than actual liberals, progressives and Democrats. And lastly, really? You're going to counter the long list of right wing killers with "Look at this, a guy punched a Nazi". Oh no! Stop the presses! A punch was thrown so that of course excuses all the white supremacists and right wing conservatives who have no problem murdering Americans they disagree with. /s

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    6 years ago
Wonder why they all have to cover their faces

That sums ANTIFA up in a nutshell.  If they weren't criminals they wouldn't cover their faces,  They wold stand proud of what they stand for and show their face.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  96WS6 @2.1.2    6 years ago
If they weren't criminals they wouldn't cover their faces,

Because if they don't mom will find out what they are up to and kick them out of the basement.

Thus drying up their yoohoo, hot pockets and cheeetos source

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    6 years ago
Wonder why they all have to cover their faces - hit you from behind - always be with a crowd - aren't they "proud" of what they're doing?

hooded kkk.jpg So, why do these guys hide their faces?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.4    6 years ago

Hello Mr. G ...

Do you have a date on this photo?  I am just curious, seems to me it has been a while since I have seen hoods on Klansmen 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.6    6 years ago
I am just curious, seems to me it has been a while since I have seen hoods on Klansmen 

No I don't, I looked for a date so that I could date it but, there wasn't one, however, the site I took it from has plenty more from different eras of the klan if you're interested. I think this one is pretty recent, the person facing away from the camera is a woman and, the clothes she has on are more modern country than would have been present say two decades ago.

The question still stands, why do they need to hide their faces if what they are doing isn't going to lead to violence?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.8  Colour Me Free  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.7    6 years ago

Thanks Mr G...

When it comes to the Klan, they use to and I presume still do have different levels of meeting/gatherings where traditional dress is required.... In the past 10 / 15 years the Klan has come out of the closet, but prob are going to cover up again since there is a website outing white supremacists .. people hide their identity for many reasons - violence is a part of it when it comes to Klan, anonymity 'was' key in the scheme of things … as many were docs, lawyers .. even judges under those white sheets burning crosses..

Anifa/Black Bloc are employing similar tactics .. anonymity in case of violence, which they themselves say they are ready for at all times.

ALL of them (Antifa and the Klan) have a private life and do not desire everyone to know their extreme beliefs .. one cannot walk into a room and spot which ones are which....

Hope I kind of answered the question..

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.8    6 years ago
Anifa/Black Bloc are employing similar tactics .. anonymity in case of violence, which they themselves say they are ready for at all times.

ALL of them (Antifa and the Klan) have a private life and do not desire everyone to know their extreme beliefs .. one cannot walk into a room and spot which ones are which....

Hope I kind of answered the question..

Not in my opinion, the difference I see is in the way they mean the phrase, "anonymity in case of violence, which they themselves say they are 'ready for at all times'". Being ready for violence can mean many things but, I think it has to do with two things with these groups, the klan is ready to commit violence at any time, Antifa is ready to defend themselves against violence at anytime or, commit violence, depending on the situation because, I'm sure there are people in Antifa who don't have "pure" motives when it comes to the "cause".

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.1.10  JaneDoe  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.6    6 years ago

Hello Colour

I did a tineye search and it looks like the photo came from this article. It was the only result listed.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JaneDoe @2.1.10    6 years ago

Thanx Jane, like I said, the photo looked recent.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.12  Colour Me Free  replied to  JaneDoe @2.1.10    6 years ago

Thanks very much for the link Jane... yet those pictures are of ceremonies/rituals/swearing in type stuff, where traditional garb is to be worn.

We have been hearing about the rise of white nationalists since Obama was elected … more hits on websites .. there are real people that keep a constant thumb on the pulse of these 'hate groups' and yes they are alive and well, but not dominate any longer.  Their mastering of intimidation has diminished … KKK numbers are some where between 5 and 8k … Aryan Nations / brotherhood is a high estimate of 20k .. most being incarcerated in prison gangs..

This is a nation of 300 million people, why are white nationals living in so many peoples heads - racism is nasty, ugly, destructive belief system that like a fire, cannot not be stamped out by pouring gas on it.....

I babbled ...

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.13  Colour Me Free  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.9    6 years ago

I have to respectfully disagree .. anyone ready for violence is also ready/looking to commit violence (to me it is the nature of the beast) … I cannot see that anyone has the moral high ground .. beliefs may be different, but the tactics (making their messages heard) even if it comes to violence are the same!

I condemn both sides .. they are all extremists.... 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1.14  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.4    6 years ago
So, why do these guys hide their faces?

Because they are the same type of shitbags ANTIFA are

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.1.15  JaneDoe  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.12    6 years ago

I don’t think you babbled. I actually agree with you. I just wanted to share the origin of the photo.

I do understand that they were wearing the traditional garb(age)  due to the ceremonies they were conducting. I’m sure they wanted to play for the documentary cameras too. Pride in their stupidity. Their numbers are minute in comparison to our population. Thank goodness!! I find them and Antifa to be a bunch of violence seeking idiots that don’t deserve any attention.

As to why so many people seem obsessed with them, I wish I knew the answer but I only have my opinion, which is, We are over using the terms nazis, racist, etc... applying it in situations that it doesn’t fit. Labeling people with opposing views as some type of hate filled this or that. Sadly some people seem to be believing it. It’s gotten out of hand. Some people acting out in the very ways they claim to hate when someone else does it. You see it here everyday too. Comments made to other members with the intent to insult, label or twist your words to fit some point they think they made. It gets tiresome. Again just my POV.

side note... I tried to respond earlier but was having trouble with the reply function.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.13    6 years ago
I have to respectfully disagree .. anyone ready for violence is also ready/looking to commit violence (to me it is the nature of the beast)

Well, then I guess police officers are looking to commit violence in your view? They are ready for violence, they have guns, mace, bullet proof vests, tasers, handcuffs and, "billy" clubs.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  96WS6 @2.1.14    6 years ago
Because they are the same type of shitbags ANTIFA are

Obviously you know more about Antifa than I do I haven't seen were they are the "same kind of shitbags" that the KKK are, I haven't seen were they ran a car into a crowd of people injuring a bunch of them and, killing one person, I haven't seen were they walked into a church and, shot nine people, I haven't seen were they bombed churches and, a set fire to them and, I haven't seen were they hung people  from trees because they dared to look at a woman who wasn't of the same race as them. Can you show me where any of this happened with Antifa?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.19  Colour Me Free  replied to  JaneDoe @2.1.15    6 years ago

Thanks again JaneDoe, this time for understanding my frustration..   Seems as of late I find myself preaching, and it is not my intent.

Agreed on the pictures and the traditional garb(age) .. that made me smile actually..  I appreciate your response...

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.20  Colour Me Free  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.16    6 years ago

Ooo please stop - the spin is making me dizzy!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.21  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.20    6 years ago
Ooo please stop - the spin is making me dizzy!

Then maybe you should stop spinning.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.18    6 years ago

No they can't.   

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.22    6 years ago

I know, that's why they started resorting to the one line retorts. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    6 years ago

HOLY SHIT! going back 18 years? 

How about we stick to 2017 and 2018 we are talking about NOW right?  Or at least the last 5 years?

This is only antifa violence it doesn't include Maxine's moonbats harassing people like Candice Owens and shouting White supremacist chants at her (she is black).

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @2.2    6 years ago

Going back not quite one year.........

170812-charlottesville-car-crash-graphic-ew-413p_fb83f513fd30e7adbb65d5ec29eb8e8c.fit-760w.jpg

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.2.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2.1    6 years ago

see 6.1

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  96WS6 @2.2    6 years ago
How about we stick to 2017 and 2018 we are talking about NOW right?  Or at least the last 5 years?
Okay, here's the last 5 years. That's 30 dead, 46 seriously injured. What was the score for antifa again? 0 dead, a handful of bloody noses and some interrupted meals? Your excuse can't even be considered a false equivalence, it's just plain ridiculous.
2018 Stabbing of Blaze Bernstein Orange County, California 0 1
2017 University of Maryland stabbing College Park, Maryland 0 1
2017 Car-ramming attack into counter-protestors at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally Charlottesville, Virginia 19 1
2017 Portland train attack Portland, Oregon 1 2
2017 Stabbing of Timothy Caughman New York City 0 1
2015 Shooting at a showing of the film Trainwreck Lafayette, Louisiana 9 2
2015 Planned Parenthood shooting Colorado Springs, Colorado 9 3
2015 Shooting attack on worshippers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Charleston, South Carolina 1 9
2014 Attack on Pennsylvania State Police barracks Blooming Grove, Pennsylvania 1 1
2014 Ambush attack on Las Vegas police officers Las Vegas, Nevada 3
2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting Overland Park, Kansas 3
2013 Los Angeles International Airport shooting attack on TSA officer Los Angeles, California 6 1
2013 Double murder committed by Jeremy Lee Moody and Christine Moody Jonesville, South Carolina 0

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    6 years ago

June 2016: 

– Protesters jumped on cars, stole hats, fought with and threw eggs at Trump supporters outside a Trump rally in downtown San Jose, Calif. Trump supporters   sued San Jose   over the violence.

July 2016:

-A Hillary Clinton supporter lights a flag on fire and   attacks a Trump supporter   in Pittsburgh.

August 2016:

-Anti-Trump protesters attacked pushed, spit on and verbally harassed attendees forced to walk a “gauntlet” as they left a Trump fundraiser in Minneapolis, Minn., and beat an  elderly man . Protesters also   attacked   Trump’s motorcade.

A Tennessee man was assaulted  at a garage sale for being a Trump supporter.

-A Trump supporter in New Jersey was   attacked with a crowbar   on the street.

September 2016:

-Protesters in El Cajon, Calif.,  chased and beat up   a Trump supporter.

October 2016:

-A   GOP office   in North Carolina was firebombed and spray painted with “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else.”

November 2016:

-A high school student was attacked after she wrote that she supported Trump on social media. The perpetrator  ripped her glasses off and punched her in the face .

-The president of Cornell University’s College Republicans was   assaulted   the night after Trump won the election.

-Students protesting Trump  punched and kicked  a Maryland high school student wearing a Make America Great Again hat.

-A high school student was arrested in Florida after he   punched a classmate   for carrying a Trump sign at school.

-A group of black men in   Chicago  attacked a white man while raging against Trump.

-Maryland high school students   punched a student   who was demonstrating in support of Trump, and then kicked him repeatedly while he was on the ground.

-“You support Trump. You hate Mexicans,” a California high school student yelled at a Trump supporter, before  viciously beating the girl .

-An anti-bullying ambassador   was arrested   for shoving a 74-year-old man to the ground in a fight outside Trump tower where people upset over his win had gathered. The woman tied to Black Lives Matter caused the man to hit his head on the sidewalk.

-A Texas elementary school student was   beaten   by his classmates for voting for Trump in a mock election.

-Two men   punched and kicked   a Connecticut man who was standing with an American flag and a Trump sign.

December 2016:

-A Trump supporter was   beaten and dragged by a car .

January 2017:

-A Trump supporter was   knocked unconscious   after airport protesters repeatedly beat him on the head.

-A Trump supporter was attacked  after putting out a fire   started by anti-Trump protesters.

-When Trump protesters   encountered a driver   with a pro-Trump flag on his car, they surrounded the vehicle, ripped off and began burning the flag, and pounded the car. They also punctured the tires.

February 2017:

-California GOP Rep. Tom McClintock had to be   escorted to his car  after a town hall because of angry protesters. The tires of at least four vehicles were slashed.

-Protestors knocked a 71-year-old female staffer for California GOP Rep. Dana Rohrabacher   unconscious   during a protest outside the representative’s office.

-Milo Yiannopoulos speech at the University of California-Berkeley was cancelled after rioters   set the campus on fire  and threw rocks through windows. Milo tweeted that one of his supporters wearing a Trump hat was thrown to the ground and kicked.

March 2017:

-Masked protesters at Middlebury College   rushed   AEI scholar and political scientist Charles Murray and professor Allison Stranger, pushing and shoving Murray and grabbing Stranger by her hair and twisting her neck as they were leaving a campus building. Stranger suffered a concussion. Protesters then surrounded the car they got into, rocking it back and forth and jumping on the hood.

April 2017:

-A   parade in Portland, Ore., was canceled after threats of violence were made against a Republican organization.

-Fears of violent protests shut down   Ann Coulter’s UC Berkeley speech . Campus police had gathered intel on protesters who were planning to commit violence.

May 2017:

– Republican Rep. Tom Garrett, his family and his dog were targeted by a series of  repeated death threats  deemed credible by authorities.

-FBI agents arrested a person   for threatening to shoot  Republican Rep. Martha McSally over her support for Trump.

-Police in Tennessee charged a woman for allegedly trying to   run Republican Rep. David Kustoff off the road .

-Police in North Dakota ejected a man after he   became physical   with Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer at a town hall.

-A former professor   was arrested   after police said they identified him on video beating Trump supporters with a U-shaped bike lock, leaving three people with “significant injuries.”

June 2017:

-James Hodgkinson opened fire on a  congressional GOP baseball practice , injuring five, including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.

-Republican Rep. Claudia Tenney   received an email threat   that read, “One down, 216 to go,” shortly after the shooting at the Republican congressional baseball practice.

-A man   driving a white Malibu   reportedly fired several shots at a man driving a truck displaying a “Make America Great Again” flag in Indiana.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  96WS6 @2.3    6 years ago

Zero dead, a handful of bloody noses and a few sore shins and lot's of whiny losers with bruised egos complaining about how the bad "antifa" punched them and took their swastika or confederate treason flag away. Again, I'm not defending antifa when they use their petty vandalism and fists of rage, they are wrong to do so. The fact remains none of what you list can be compared to right wing murder and violence in the name of conservatives, Christianity and white supremacy that the Trump organization has embraced and welcomed into its base. I'll take the guy punching Nazis in the nose over the white supremacist waving a confederate flag around shouting "Jews will not replace us!" any day.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.3.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @2.3    6 years ago

That’s it? That's what you have, nationwide, for two years?? In a nation of 360 million people?

Are you trying to show that there's lots of left-wing violence... or that there is almost none?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.3  JBB  replied to  96WS6 @2.3    6 years ago

I say, that is weak stuff you're selling. False equivalencies are false on their faces...

Nearly 25 years ago McVeigh and Nichols blew up OKC trying to incite a race war...

Since, it is plain for all to see the immediate threat of violence comes from righties.

Someone being rude to Sarah Huckabee is not equal with trying to incite race wars.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.3.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.1    6 years ago

Sure, nothing to see here./s

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.4  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    6 years ago

Most of  those aren't political.  White supremacy killings aren't right wing.  Unless you want to say Islamic terrorism DOES represent Islam and the left wing?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @2.4    6 years ago
Unless you want to say Islamic terrorism DOES represent Islam and the left wing?

In both cases there are extremist groups who themselves may not commit acts of terror or violence but are the vehicle used to radicalize both white supremacists (many of whom consider themselves devout Christians) and violent extremist Muslims. And while there are likely some non-violent Muslims who are secretly happy about the attacks on western culture or those they believe are "infidels", there are many in conservative Republican circles who are secretly glad when an abortion doctor gets shot in the head or a clinic is bombed. They certainly don't come out and condemn such violence, they often start pointing fingers at irrelevant details or use "whataboutism" to create false equivalency meant to confuse and excuse and get the attention off themselves and their culture of hate towards those they believe are "sinners".

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.4.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @2.4    6 years ago
Most of  those aren't political.  White supremacy killings aren't right wing.  Unless you want to say Islamic terrorism DOES represent Islam and the left wing?

That is actually a fair argument but that would put the Left WAY over the Right in killings so it will never be discussed in those terms and they will never lump Islamist in with Left wing.  The point is that the violence is escalating and it is not being condemed, and in many cases it is even encouraged.  This is the disturbing trend.  I think Trump should have been more vocal about denouncing ALL the violence in Charlottesville as well and put special blame there because he is president and had the podium.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  96WS6 @2.4.2    6 years ago
That is actually a fair argument but that would put the Left WAY over the Right in killings so it will never be discussed in those terms and they will never lump Islamist in with Left wing.

Islamic extremists have far more in common with right wing extremists than they do with any left wing group, even antifa.

Right wing terrorists have bombed clinics. Islamic terrorists have bombed buildings.

Right wing extremists hate gays, liberals and progressives because they consider them sinners who have rejected their God. Islamic terrorists hate gays, liberals and progressives because they consider them sinners who have rejected Allah. Right wing extremists believe their religion is the only pathway to salvation. Islamic extremists believe their religion is the only pathway to salvation. Right wing extremists want to inject their religious beliefs into the government forcing everyone to behave as their faith dictates. Islamic extremists want to inject their religious beliefs into government forcing everyone to behave as their faith dictates. Right wing extremists have committed mass murder using assault rifles. Islamic extremists have committed mass murder with assault rifles. Right wing extremists are almost always misogynists and consider males superior to women. Islamic extremists are almost always misogynists and consider males superior to women.

Right wing extremists are just the other side of the Islamic extremists coin.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.4.4  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.1    6 years ago

So your justification is based on your own feelings and no actual hard numbers?  When an Islamic terrorist attacks we are told Islam doesn't need to apologize for an extremist who doesn't represent Islam.  Your picking and choosin when to apply your rules based on your own bias.  Either Islamic terrorists represent Islam or thy don't.  Then right wing terrorism either does or doesn't represent the right wing based on that same application you choose

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @2.4.4    6 years ago
When an Islamic terrorist attacks we are told Islam doesn't need to apologize for an extremist who doesn't represent Islam.

Those groups who continue to radicalize Muslims should apologize. Not all Muslims are extremists just like not all conservative Republicans are extremists. Those who aren't should speak out strongly against such extremism, whether it's a doctor being shot in the head by a right wing extremist or an Islamic extremist suicide bomber in a market in the ME.

"Either Islamic terrorists represent Islam or thy don't."

They don't, and right wing extremists do not represent most Republicans. But in both cases they should be apologizing and condemning violence when some who claim to be conservative Christians or Muslims commit acts of violence in their name.

Here was my main point, peaceful Muslims and peaceful right wing Christians have more in common with each other than peaceful liberals have in common with peaceful Muslims. And beyond that, extremist Muslims have more in common with extremist right wing Christians than they have with any supposed violent left wing groups.

Right wing Christians deeply dislike and condemn gays, liberals and progressives because they consider them sinners who have rejected their God. Muslims deeply dislike gays, liberals and progressives because they consider them sinners who have rejected Allah. Right wing Christians believe their religion is the only pathway to salvation. Muslims believe their religion is the only pathway to salvation. Right wing Christians want to inject their religious beliefs into the government forcing everyone to behave as their faith dictates. Muslims want to inject their religious beliefs into government forcing everyone to behave as their faith dictates. Even when there's no violence, they are still two sides of the same coin. Their faiths even share a common root as they are both considered Abrahamic religions.

And in both cases, even the peaceful Muslims and peaceful right wing Christians will often admit (when they're being honest), if they believed their God/Allah told them to take up arms to defend their faith by killing and murdering their Gods enemies in the name of their religion, they would. Right wing Christians are not loyal to the United States, they're loyal to their religious beliefs, just like most Muslims. And both have a shared ideology, that of hating liberal progressive western values of equality and freedom. They believe themselves and their faith superior to all others and want all people to be subjected to their Gods rule aka slaves to their Gods whims. In their minds, that's is the only path to peace, to forcibly subject everyone to their faiths doctrine. Once everyone was Christian or Muslim, then the world would be at peace, or so many of them believe. The reality is there are as many rifts and sects among both that even if one religion became dominant in the world, there would still be wars, terrorism, bombings and attacks in the name of one faction or another.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.4.7  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.5    6 years ago

Ok.  I think I misunderstood what you were saying at first.  I'm not going to argue anything you said.  My initial post was just pointing out the attacks listed weren't right wing political attacks.  I agree 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    6 years ago

Until we can speak about violence without assigning it to the left or right we are not going to be able to make progress on a solution.  The issue is the crime NOT which political party the criminal is associated with.

All crime should be a problem not just those on the other side.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Russian propaganda

96WS6
Junior Quiet
4.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago

LMAO!   Good one!   Exposing more truth are they?laughing dude

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Liberal America Has A Political Violence Problem

You dont say ? Perhaps it's because they have NO political power. 

Watch after the midterms IF the power imbalance remains the violence from the left may escalate as trump tries to turn America more to the right. Non represented people tend to revolt, protest and or riot when pushed too far too fast, trump and his followers dont know this or dont care ... for now. It seems most seem to think (wishful thinking  perhaps ?) that ALL the liberals died or left America or something. 

No they just dont have any political power AT THIS TIME. 

Keep ignoring that and watch the violence increase. Its all good remember trump won he should be able to do anything he wants ....

Let trump be trump ! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

Really?  We didn’t go violent when democrats took all political power in 1992 and 2008.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1    6 years ago

But that's DIFFERENT!/S    The right had the intelligence to gain power back by getting themselves elected instead of inciting violence!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago
You dont say ? Perhaps it's because they have NO political power. 

Who's fault is that?

Watch after the midterms IF the power imbalance remains the violence from the left may escalate as trump tries to turn America more to the right. Non represented people tend to revolt, protest and or riot when pushed too far too fast, trump and his followers dont know this or dont care ... for now. It seems most seem to think (wishful thinking  perhaps ?) that ALL the liberals died or left America or something. 

Ever heard of voting?

No they just dont have any political power AT THIS TIME. 

When the Dems were in power I don't remember Republicans getting violent how come it's OK for the left?

Keep ignoring that and watch the violence increase. Its all good remember trump won he should be able to do anything he wants .... Let trump be trump ! 

So you are condoning violence because you can't win elections?

Maybe if they changed their ideology to something people could agree with they could actually win elections and gain power that way.  Ever think of that?Face Palm

Sophomore Guide
5.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2    6 years ago
if they changed their ideology to something people could agree with...lol...

Yes if we all were of the same mind all would fall quickly into place. Unfortunately IMO Neither ideology individually would be good for America. If only one idyology controlled everything America would not be the great growing evolving country we are.   I wrote this years ago and stand by it today:

America needs a mix of all ideologies:

“United we stand, divided we fall”

Does Anyone remember this is still AMERICA ?

America needs a mix of all, conservatives, liberals and progressives.

A good blend will move America forward at a reasonable speed. 

Too many of any one ideology is bad for America.

America needs to move forward as the world progresses. 

Too many cons = little to no forward movement.

Too many liberals = move too fast forward.

Too many Independents = well you can’t have too many….lol (I’m one) LOL

Please research ALL candidates  before you VOTE

The more Americans that research ALL the candidates for all the offices before they vote and vote for the most qualified, the better our government and country will be.

Sophomore Guide
5.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2    6 years ago
So you are condoning violence because you can't win elections?

Not at all, I'm actually trying to prevent violence by sounding the alarm that with one side of America not represented at this time and IF the other side tries to influence the masses too much too fast I predict more violence, unfortunately most republicans don't acknowledge this.

I predict this caviler attitude by the party in power will spark more violence from the unrepresented or under represented Americans before it's over. Compromise is dead, so expect more violence from those with NO power being pushed in direction's they dont want America to go. 

WTF do you expect when people have NO power and are being pushed where they dont want to go ?  Pool parties ? LOL   NOT  !!     I expect protests and possibly riots and deaths.

IMO: The ones setting America up for even more violence are the people who are ignoring there are still two ideologies alive and well in America. 

No violence is acceptable, BUT that doesn't stop people feeling unrepresented and angry from doing it. Thats is the case on both sides, remember all the abortion clinic bombings and abortion Doctors murdered a while back by right wing radicals ? I do.  

Until America gets it's shit together and realizes we really are stronger when we unite I dont see much but going further downhill in many ways.

Good Luck America !!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.1    6 years ago

I noticed you completely side stepped my point.  Which is, why are you condoning violence instead of trying to figure out how to get them elected and strengthen you base through legal and peaceful means?

Sophomore Guide
5.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2    6 years ago
Ever heard of voting?

Yep Actually I'm perry damn sick of voting. I research ALL candidates from all parties as I vote. Last election it took me over 6 hours to vote. The people I voted for didn't win, this time I dont know that I'll bother spending all that time and energy. I may do what so many others do .. vote straight party line, even though IMO that's exactly how bad politicians get into power over us.

PS: As an Independent I can't stand either party. 

Sophomore Guide
5.2.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2.3    6 years ago
I noticed you completely side stepped my point.

I'm not sidestepping anything.
I do all I can to get people to vote. I also try to point out problems as I see them . You know what I believe the problem is if you have read my posts, I also included the solution. Which I dont expect will be taken. So predicting more violence to you is advocating for the same ?
Not in my world.
Once predicted, steps Could be taken to avoid more violence, I dont believe they will be.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.6  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.4    6 years ago
Yep Actually I'm perry damn sick of voting.
The people I voted for didn't win,

As a Libertarian leaning independent THAT HAPPENS TO ME EVERY ELECTION and I have never gotten violent over it.  It was especially depressing that no third party got 10% with the worst and most unlikable 2 "establishment"  candidates in history so believe me, I understand your frustration.....  Sorry but it's still no excuse for violence.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.7  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.5    6 years ago

Actually I don't see anywhere that you have explained how to fix it.  You just complained the left doesn't have enough representation at this time.  

Unless you were suggesting to even the field without elections because the left is having a hard time with that right now?

Compromise is dead, so expect more violence from those with NO power being pushed in direction's they dont want America to go. 

This sounds like you are trying to condone violence again just because one side didn't so well in the elections.   Tell you what I think.   I think the Violence and intolerance shown by the left will hurt them badly and your prediction will come true but instead of changing their game plan they will just incite more violence and your attitude towards the situation, and ones similar, are mostly what lead me to believe this.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.2.8  lib50  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.4    6 years ago

I can't believe you wouldn't vote,   I take it as a personal and civic duty and the few times I wasn't able to vote I felt guilty.  I registered as an Independent when I turned 18 and am now no party (decline to state).  I've been let down many times but still must go on, and you should too!  We need more people like you who pay attention and learn the candidates and issues beyond the bullshit.  I may not vote republican at this point in time, but that is due to their actions and lack thereof and they unfortunately have become something I could not support ever, the whole party.  When you are disappointed or need to change something, vote.  And come here and give us your considered opinion. 

Sophomore Guide
5.2.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2.6    6 years ago
THAT HAPPENS TO ME EVERY ELECTION and I have never gotten violent over it.

Me either and I dont remember MY candidates winning either. We are not everyone, some will get violent if their desires are not at least recognised. Neither you or I can stop it. NO I do not advocate for violence. I do try to explain why the violence happens, if others cant see my points, fortunately that's not my problem. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.10  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.9    6 years ago

I apologize that I thought your explanation was condoning it, but don't you see an issue when one side becomes violent when they start to lose their voice?  Isn't it a problem when that side decides violence is the way to solve the problem instead of changing some campaign promises or trying to steer the party back away from Socialism and other ideologies that ore obviously killing it?

Sophomore Guide
5.2.11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lib50 @5.2.8    6 years ago
I can't believe you wouldn't vote

I probably will I usually do, however I am not in the mood or of the mind to spend 6 hours doing research and voting again this election, My discouragement will probably result in me just voting straight party line this time, easy breezy style, like most people do over and over. 

Sophomore Guide
5.2.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2.10    6 years ago
Isn't it a problem when that side decides violence is the way to solve the problem instead of changing some campaign promises or trying to steer the party back away from Socialism and other ideologies that ore obviously killing it?

I agree But I think you are assuming everyone is that intelligent, I dont believe all Americans are. 

In fact, I've seen many that aren't, even many in power. Many people in this country turn to violence to easily trying to solve problems which of course doesn't usually work anyway. 

In the same vein, many people dont recognise the source or the feeling for the need for violence.

But, I think we are actually on the same page going at the same problem from different directions. 

Have a good day

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.13  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.12    6 years ago

Fair enough Steve I enjoyed our discussion.

Sophomore Guide
5.2.14  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2.7    6 years ago
Actually I don't see anywhere that you have explained how to fix it. 

The fix is in our leaders compromising. NO ONE LISTENS to the fix. I pointed that out earlier.

Yes voting in candidates from all ideologies is very important. Unfortunately when that's not the case both sides now seem to want to act like all their opposition is dead. That's not true, the other side opposes all they can and not much forward movement happens, when not successful some people on both sides seem to turn to violence. 

I do not see this changing, because both our politicians and the media gain from the division and shifting imbalance of power and not compromising. We always have people who feel unrepresented some of them become violent. (On both sides)

So, do you offer a realistic solution beside having equally elected ideologies ?  

IMO: Compromise is the answer, unfortunately, that's not for many these days. They want it all their way. 

So I say, Good Luck America.

Sophomore Guide
5.2.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @5.2.13    6 years ago
Fair enough Steve I enjoyed our discussion.

Thank you, I enjoyed talking with you as well. Have a good day !

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.17  seeder  96WS6  replied to    6 years ago
Simply being civil to one another is a start.

I agree.  Both sides condemning ALL violence is a good step forward.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
5.3  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

Are you serious?  Violence is ok when you lose elections?  That should work out well for democracy 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

170812-charlottesville-car-crash-graphic-ew-413p_fb83f513fd30e7adbb65d5ec29eb8e8c.fit-760w.jpg

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6    6 years ago

that all you got?AntifaThugs.jpg

antifa p.jpg antifa racist.jpg antifa.jpg AntifaflagatNYCrally.jpg antiva violence.jpg

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1    6 years ago

There's one small difference...

My photo represents one dead and thirty-five injured.

... while you post cartoons...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.1    6 years ago

Of all those images you only mention the cartoon.  HOW TELLING!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.2    6 years ago

One image = one dead, thirty-five injured

Five images (and one cartoon, let's not forget the cartoon!)  = how many dead, and how many injured?

Shall we evoke a few church bombings?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.3    6 years ago

So to be clear the number and nature of attacks don't matter.  Only the number of dead?  

Terrorism experts say GOP shooting highlights disturbing rise in left-wing violence

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.4    6 years ago

I think the number of dead is an excellent indicator for "violence".

Dead is kinda sorta the big kahuna, no??

What do you propose?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.4    6 years ago
'So to be clear the number and nature of attacks don't matter.  Only the number of dead?' 

YUP.

How many dead or even injured in your 'examples'?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.7  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.5    6 years ago

SO the truth comes out.  You are OK with left wing violence because you think it doesn't kill as many people.Makes No Sense

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.8  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.6    6 years ago

see 6.1.7

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.4    6 years ago
So to be clear the number and nature of attacks don't matter.  Only the number of dead?  

Terrorism experts say GOP shooting highlights disturbing rise in left-wing violence

You're ducking and weaving...

How many people have died by left-wing violence?

Would you dare compare that with the number of dead from right-wing violence?

The interesting question, which I asked a few days ago , is why is the alt-right trying so hard to gin up left-wing violence, which is essentially nonexistent?

The only plausible explanation I can see is that the right is planning to use deadly violence against the left, and is now trying to prepare the public...

Tell us, 96WS6... is the alt-right preparing an American Kristallnacht ?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.10  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.9    6 years ago
The only plausible explanation I can see is that the right is planning to use deadly violence against the left, and is now trying to prepare the public... Tell us, 96WS6... is the alt-right preparing an American Kristallnacht ?

If this is true maybe you will have a point.  Until then it is a far out opine.  

Since you seem to want to discuss who causes the most violence, how about explaining why the left in general, seems to ignore Islamic related violence and terrorism which far exceeds all others combined?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.10    6 years ago

You know they have absolutely nothing when they are reduced to making Nazi references.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.10    6 years ago
Since you seem to want to discuss who causes the most violence, how about explaining why the left in general, seems to ignore Islamic related violence and terrorism which far exceeds all others combined? 

You know I don't see where violence in the Middle East has anything to do with right wing violence in the United States or, supposed left wing violence in the U.S.,

The title of your article seems to confirm what I said above so, can you please explain why you went off the rails in your own article?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.13  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.12    6 years ago

Islamic violence was brought up because Bob started talking about groups that cause the most overall violence in America.  I also understand EXACTLY why you and Bob don't want to discuss it any further.winking

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  96WS6 @6.1    6 years ago

Nine Killed in Shooting at Black Church in Charleston

18charleston2jumbov2.jpg thUNEJMRAD.jpg

Timothy McVeigh,

Oklahoma city bombing.jpg

Do you really want me to continue?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.14    6 years ago

Do you really want me to continue?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.16  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.14    6 years ago

We already went down that road, you must have missed it.  See 2.3   BTW ironic that your MEME echos when Obama was president too with little difference LMAO!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.8    6 years ago
'see 6.1.7'

Nothing to see there.  Again how many dead or injured?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.16    6 years ago
BTW ironic that your MEME echos when Obama was president too with little difference LMAO!

Right Wing violence goes back over a century, just because Obama was president doesn't mean it ended with his election, in fact it escalated because the alt-Right had a temper tantrum over a "Black man" in "their" White House and, then they got the president they always wanted Donald J. Trump.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.19  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.10    6 years ago

Why do you want to change the subject?

The far right kills opponents. The statistics are perfectly clear. Why do you insist on talking about other groups? If you are genuinely opposed to violence, then you should be hammering the right, not the left, nor Islam (in America, of course).

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.20  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.13    6 years ago

Untitled.png

So... three times as many victims of right-wing violence as from Islamic violence.

Why are you covering up murder by your "friends"?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.22  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.21    6 years ago

deleted

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Sean Treacy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.20    6 years ago

According to Bob, left wingers don't kill people, and then he provides a picture claiming they do.

Interesting.

The numbers, are of course, bullshit. There's a reason no underlying data is available.  But it's interesting to see Bob admit left wing extremists do kill people rather than falsely claiming they don't per his usual m.o..

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.24  dave-2693993  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.20    6 years ago

I am not sure how the islamic killing statistics fit into this discussion. However, when looking at that statistic what must be considered is that number is generated from, what, 1 - 3% of our population?

To me, that is the most glaring statistic. I am even thinking the date should go back to the first Towers attack.

As far as the extreme left vs extreme right idiots, I think a more detailed breakdown behind those numbers, than provided by the source is warranted.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.26  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.13    6 years ago
Islamic violence was brought up because Bob started talking about groups that cause the most overall violence in America.

When was the last time an Islamic group committed an act of violence in America? Oh yeah, 9/11, the other acts were committed by lone wolves and, an Islamic group took credit for their actions, no real proof that they actually worked for them before the act was committed, however, the rest we can show that they belong to or, wish to belong to alt-Right groups like the KKK or, the Neo-Nazi's or, some militia group that is all American and, white.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.27  Bob Nelson  replied to  dave-2693993 @6.1.24    6 years ago
 I think a more detailed breakdown behind those numbers, than provided by the source is warranted.

Go for it!

IMHO, twenty-five to one is pretty simple...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.28  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.20    6 years ago

Anti defamation league? give me a break.

Information on terrorist attacks and the terrorists themselves in the United States is available from the Global Terrorism Database, the RAND Corporation, and other sources. 

Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. During this time, the chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist was about 1 in 2.5 million per year.

Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group by ideology, as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was about 1 in 33 million per year.

Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then, including Charlottesville. Regardless, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year.

Terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992. Terrorists with unknown or other motivations were the least deadly. Islamists swamped them all.

There is some ambiguity in counting terrorist attacks by ideology, but only with a minority of deaths. Islamists and unknown/other terrorists are easy to categorize. Left Wing terrorists included communists, socialists, animal rights activists, anti-white racists, LGBT extremists, attackers inspired by Black Lives Matter, and ethnic or national separatists who embrace Socialism. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists include white nationalists, neo-Confederates, non-socialist secessionists, anti-communists, fascists, anti-Muslim attackers, anti-immigration extremists, sovereign citizens, bombers who targeted the IRS, militia movements, and abortion clinic bombers.

My terrorism   research   focuses on deaths committed by terrorists because that is the easiest and the least ambiguous metric to analyze the damage committed by terrorism. Attacks could be as minor as a pipe bomb left by a bulldozer that explodes at 2:30 a.m., or as deadly as the 9/11 attacks that killed 2,983 people and caused billions in property damage, so counting the number of attacks by ideology does not reveal much.

As Dave mentioned this is pretty disturbing when you consider they are 2% of the population. Regardless of who is doing what.  It doesn't make the right wing numbers anymore comforting or any of them for that matter.  The point is the violence is rising and nothing is being done about it.  When violence happens on the right I see it condemn more with the possible exception of Charlottesville which is just as disturbing.  I don't want that to become the trend either.  On the left I have seen an even more disturbing trend of people CONDONING it and this is what the article is about.  Let's face it.  Water's and similar remarks ENCOURAGE it.  Why be in such a hurry overtake the Right wing nut jobs?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.17    6 years ago

I see 0 dead.  Some injuries.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.30  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.29    6 years ago

Keep dwelling on the past and keep ignoring what is happening in the present and you will overtake the kills the Right wing nut jobs have very quickly.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.31  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.28    6 years ago

The 9/11 attacks were not "domestic terrorism". Opening the "international terrorism" can of worms cannot be helpful here. One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. American drones blow up civilians all around the world every day, leading many non-Americans to consider the USA to be a "terrorist nation".

International terrorism is a different topic.

The worst modern domestic terrorist attack, by far, was OKC. Right-wing violence.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.33  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.32    6 years ago
Is their violence Justified?

What are your criteria?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.35  dave-2693993  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.27    6 years ago
IMHO, twenty-five to one is pretty simple...

Here is an example why some numbers may not be as straight forward as presented.

Another poster presented a list of right wing extremist violence. I picked 1 to look a little deeper into. In Philly some years back a son vs Mom domestic situation escalated. The Mom called police and informed the 911 dispatcher that her son had guns.

The dispatcher did not warn the police officers about the guns.

Police arrive and the son shoots and kills 3 police officers.

Later during the investigation it was determined the son had connections to extremist right wing nut case web sites.

This was categorized as an act of right wing violence rather than domestic violence in the list.

I am sure of all the thousands of people murdered every year, similar correlations could be drawn for murderers on both sides of the political isle.

I don't have time to research the specifics of each of the thousands of murders, but that was the background behind the first example I grabbed.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.36  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.34    6 years ago

Heather_Heyer.png Dunno.

I don't know either the perp or the vic. Or the context. Or the consequences.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.30    6 years ago
'Keep dwelling on the past and keep ignoring what is happening in the present and you will overtake the kills the Right wing nut jobs have very quickly.'

I'm not dwelling in the past.  I'm here in the present.  

I will overtake the kills the RWNJs have very quickly?

At least you admit that the RWNJs kill and the Left has never killed anyone.

The RWNJs keep threatening violence all the time on the left.  I don't see the Left doing that AT ALL.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.38  Skrekk  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.28    6 years ago
Anti defamation league? give me a break.

I'm not surprised that they upset you.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.39  Skrekk  replied to  dave-2693993 @6.1.24    6 years ago
I am not sure how the islamic killing statistics fit into this discussion.

Given that they also tend to be far right wing extremists I think it fits in very well.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.40  dave-2693993  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.39    6 years ago
I am not sure how the islamic killing statistics fit into this discussion.
Given that they also tend to be far right wing extremists I think it fits in very well.

They certainly extreme in one direction or another, but I think in another space/time/dimension.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Fascism on the march....

Mob engages in racist attack on Congressman's wife..

96WS6
Junior Quiet
7.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    6 years ago

...and the real irony here is that they always show where the true racism lies.

Progressive Protesters Shout Down GOP Rep, His Wife: ‘Shame on Your Mexican Wife’

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    6 years ago

Attempting to illustrate one groups level of violence, as somehow worse than another groups level of violence, is absolutely asinine.     All violence is bad, be it physical, psychological and/or verbal.

Trying to defend the actions of groups like antifa, as somehow justified, is a fools errand.    Only a matter of time before one of those little dumbasses kills or get killed.   Then the other surviving dumbasses will go nuts over that little dumbass and do more stupid shit.

MLK Jr is rolling around in his grave.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
9  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

In addition.  The "bike lock" professor who assaulted 7 people with a bike lock in a sock... got zero time in jail.  Can you imagine if a right winger went around doing that the outcry there would be.

the left is blatant with their double standards.  You can assault someone if your left wing and it's ok, but words are violence that should end your life.  It's ok to be racist towards white people because "reasons".  And rape jokes are never funny unless you joke about raping toddlers.  Your star should be removed from the walk of fame unless you are a left wing person and rape kids because "reasons" again.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
9.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @9    6 years ago

That guy really didn't get jail time?

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.1  lib50  replied to  96WS6 @9.1    6 years ago
That guy really didn't get jail time?

Well he's WHITE, what the hell did you think would happen? And you are disappointed in that?  I think justice should be color blind (it's not), but your side should be celebrating another white guy living the privlege! 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
9.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  lib50 @9.1.1    6 years ago

Your're the one who just threw race in the mix.  Look in the mirror.  I think he belongs in jail.

JBB
Professor Principal
12  JBB    6 years ago

The Neo-Nazis, Skin Heads, White Supremacists and other racist fascist bigoted aholes want to instigate violence in order to claim victim status so they can justify their own calls to violence...

Do not fall for the gop's false grace. What is really happening now is plain for everyone to see.

It is a far right coalition of neo-fascists in American politics who are trying to incite a race war...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
12.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  JBB @12    6 years ago

Thank you for unwittingly proving the article's point.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.3.1  lib50  replied to  96WS6 @12.3    6 years ago
Thank you for unwittingly proving the article's point.

Actually this article kind of makes the point that America has a racist justice system, just as the NFL players say.  Once again, why the hell are you pissed and surprised the white guy got off easier?  You are so upset this guy got probation, which is what a white perp is more likely to get than a black one.  So this article outs the white privilege.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
12.3.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  lib50 @12.3.1    6 years ago

I am not really sure what it has to do with a racist justice system or why you think I would condone it.  Is the new tactic insinuating racism before we even start a discussion?  Are you that certain you will lose?

lib50
Professor Silent
12.3.3  lib50  replied to  96WS6 @12.3.2    6 years ago

Do you not get what I'm saying?  Evidently not.  I was being sarcastic that you would like his sentence, but that sarc didn't negate the very real example of a difference in justice when the perp is white.  Understand that you can't have a conversation about things with a narrow parameter, it includes a wider perspective.  I can't look at an issue and just talk about one thread, its all connected to the technicolor coat.