╌>

Democrats' Kavanaugh Tantrums Are An Embarrassment

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  86 comments

Democrats' Kavanaugh Tantrums Are An Embarrassment
So, what's the point of all this? Nothing, other than energize the Democratic Party's base in the run-up to the midterm elections. It's also a chance for prospective 2020 presidential candidates to grab attention by grandstanding. No one seriously questions Kavanaugh's qualification to serve on the Court.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Grandstanding : Any doubt that Democrats are desperate to stall Judge Brett Kavanaugh's appointment to the Supreme Court ended Tuesday, when they desperately tried to get the confirmation hearings postponed. This was nothing more than — bad — political theater.

In the first 40 minutes of Judge Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination hearing, Democrats interrupted the Senate Judiciary Committee proceedings 44 times. That's to say nothing of the protesters who alternately shrieked and cheered.

It was all well planned.

"Democrats plotted coordinated protest strategy over the holiday weekend and all agreed to disrupt and protest the hearing, sources tell me," NBC News' Kasie Hunt tweeted Tuesday morning.

The current excuse for the Democrats' push to delay the Kavanaugh hearings is the last-minute release of 42,000 pages of documents from former President Bush's lawyer. Keep in mind that those are on top of the 415,000 pages Bush's legal team had already sent over to the committee. And that all of them relate to the two years that Kavanaugh worked in the Bush White House Counsel's Office and three years as staff secretary.

Nevertheless, before Chairman Chuck Grassley could get a sentence out, Senator Kamala Harris demanded that the hearings be postponed.

"We cannot possibly move forward, Mr. Chairman, with this hearing," she said while Grassley politely tried to remind her that the Senate has certain protocols. "We have not been given an opportunity to have a meaningful hearing on this nominee."

Right.

Harris has already said she won't vote for Kavanaugh. Those last remaining documents won't change her mind, or any of the others whose promised to vote no.

Confirmation Hearings Rushed?

Sen. Corey Booker — who's also pledged to oppose Kavanaugh — weighed in as well, complaining about the "rush" to confirmation.

Rushed? It's been 64 days since President Trump nominated Kavanaugh. The average time between nomination and the start of confirmation hearings for the past 10 Supreme Court justices: 41.6 days.

So, what's the point of all this?

Nothing, other than energize the Democratic Party's base in the run-up to the midterm elections. It's also a chance for prospective 2020 presidential candidates to grab attention by grandstanding.

No one seriously questions Kavanaugh's qualification to serve on the Court.

The American Bar Association's Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary, which Democrats routinely cite as the arbiter on who is or isn't worthy or being a justice, gave Kavanaugh a "Well Qualified" rating — it's highest.

And while Democrats want to pretend that there is a shortage of documents available to determine how Kavanaugh will perform on the Court, he's served with distinction for 12 years on the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C. The Supreme Court adopted 13 of his positions and overturned only one.

As Hot Air's Ed Morrissey points out, "Complaining about the late release of barely relevant documents from an entirely different phase of Kavanaugh's career is nothing more than a stunt."

But stunts are all Democrats have left.

Only Themselves To Blame

When Barack Obama was president, Democrats running the Senate at the time decided to jettison the filibuster for presidential nominees, so they could ram through Obama's picks without any ability of the GOP to stop them.

As we and many others noted at the time, this decision would come back to haunt them. And so it has.

When Democrats tried to filibuster Trump's first pick for the court, Judge Neil Gorsuch, the Republican leadership added the Supreme Court nominees to the Democrats' list of those the Senate can't filibuster.

Without the threat of the filibuster, Trump was free to pick a more consistently conservative justice to replace the unreliable Justice Kennedy when Kennedy decided to retire.

In short, Democrats have only themselves to blame for their current predicament. But rather than own up to their shortsightedness, they're having an embarrassing public temper tantrum. So much for the politics of civility.

At the opening of Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings, Sen. Richard Blumenthal complained that they'd turned into "a charade and a mockery of our norms."

Indeed.

Unfortunately, Blumenthal wasn't pointing the finger of blame at himself and his fellow obstructionist Democrats.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“But stunts are all Democrats have left.

Only Themselves To Blame

When Barack Obama was president, Democrats running the Senate at the time decided to jettison the filibuster for presidential nominees, so they could ram through Obama's picks without any ability of the GOP to stop them.

As we and many others noted at the time, this decision would come back to haunt them. And so it has.

When Democrats tried to filibuster Trump's first pick for the court, Judge Neil Gorsuch, the Republican leadership added the Supreme Court nominees to the Democrats' list of those the Senate can't filibuster.

Without the threat of the filibuster, Trump was free to pick a more consistently conservative justice to replace the unreliable Justice Kennedy when Kennedy decided to retire.

In short, Democrats have only themselves to blame for their current predicament. But rather than own up to their shortsightedness, they're having an embarrassing public temper tantrum. So much for the politics of civility.”

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

[deleted] Koch sponsored every-day propagandists get old.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

removed for context

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.2  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago
I’m not the issue here.  Comment about the topic of the seed.  

You are the one who is posting these partisan screeds on a daily basis.  The opinions would be very different if this was a judge who was nominated by Obama, Bernie or Hillary. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

President Barack Obama made two successful appointments to the Supreme Court of the United States. The first was Judge Sonia Sotomayor[1] to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Justice David H. Souter.[2]Sotomayor was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 6, 2009, by a vote of 68–31. The second appointment was that of Solicitor General Elena Kagan to replace the retired John Paul Stevens. Kagan was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 5, 2010, by a vote of 63–37.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_Supreme_Court_candidates

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

You realize that the Koch brothers and Trump don’t get along and disagree on key issues?  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.6  It Is ME  replied to    6 years ago
They've already had access to 415,000 documents.

And they haven't read a single one. Their Schumer "Crib Notes" all say the same thing (Lemmings).  

I keep wondering when the day will come where "Democrats" will be allowed to think for themselves again.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
Democrats have no one to blame but themselves. They've already had access to 415,000 documents.

That is 7% of the documents that should be available to the Senate concerning Kavanaugh. What are the Republicans and, Trump trying to hide from the American people?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.8  Spikegary  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

[Deleted]

You don't get to call out one side and ignore the side you like.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago
You are the one who is posting these partisan screeds on a daily basis.  The opinions would be very different if this was a judge who was nominated by Obama, Bernie or Hillary. 

In that case, they would really be biased and partisan.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.6    6 years ago

You can remember when they did so before?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.10    6 years ago

The Kennedy years ?

"It's not what your country can do for you, It's what you can do for your Country" !

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
Rushed? It's been 64 days since President Trump nominated Kavanaugh.

It's been 2 1/2 years since Obama nominated Merrick Garland.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    6 years ago

Obama is no longer president.

Isn't that what the left says when anyone brings up anything Obama or Clinton did wrong? Think that applies here as well. When Obama stopped being POTUS Garland's nomination turned to dust.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    6 years ago

Legitimate questions are not tantrums.

The real embarrassment here is an 'alleged' legitimate judge within the American Judicial System that may hold a belief that, "Some are excluded from being equal under the law."  ( my quote. )

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @2    6 years ago

Nothing that the protesters or democrat senators said or did was legitimate at a senate confirmation committee session.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago

The protestors have every right to be there.  The senators have every right to see every document concerning the nominee.  To purposely withhold information concerning a nominee in itself makes the confirmation session illegitimate.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    6 years ago

Of course the protesters have a right to be there.  They did not have the right to disrespect and disrupt the proceedings.  As for records, they got more records regarding Kavanaugh than they did for the last 5 Supreme Court nominees combined.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    6 years ago

"The senators have every right to see every document concerning the nominee."

No they don't. I suggest researching executive privilege. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @2    6 years ago

And how does he do that?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The best was claiming the Jewish/Mexican Aide sitting behind Kavanaugh was making a supposed ”white power” sign.  That the imagined  sign itself is an Internet hoax with no actual connection to the white power movement makes its even more funny.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    6 years ago

Where pray tell did the 'white power' allegation come from?  SVR or the FSB?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    6 years ago

How about the moron from RI claiming that 5 members of the Roberts Court were "in the bag" for "big corporations"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    6 years ago

I know that Gorsucks is in the bag for big corporations - every time.

So is Kavanaugh.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    6 years ago

It is the democrats that are in bed with wall st. Bankers, tech, and media corporations.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    6 years ago
I know that Gorsucks is in the bag for big corporations - every time.

How about proving such a charge?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    6 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  arkpdx @3.2.4    6 years ago
Just making them is enough proof for her. 

The Senator from Vermont uses the same MO, charging perjury today based on documents he hasn't seen

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    6 years ago

That would be a first.... I’m not holding my breath.  

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.3  GaJenn78  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    6 years ago

OH MY GOSH! I had a "friend" on FB who went into a tirade about that and I could picture him frothing at the mouth as he typed. Even several people had told him that even CNN had said it was ridiculous he still didn't care, and continued on. Even after he learned that she was a granddaughter of  Polish holocaust survivors, he still didn't care.  

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4  Rmando    6 years ago

I wonder how many adults who were going to vote Democrat decided to stay home after seeing these antics.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Rmando @4    6 years ago

They will join the walk away movement 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2    6 years ago
'They will join the walk away movement'

There is no such movement.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.1    6 years ago

Yes, there is.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    6 years ago

I believe the overall objection, is that Mr. Kavanaugh has been nominated by an unindicted criminal and the nomination should be in question. As to the whining and carrying on, I would say that the Dems are only tearing a page from the GOP playbook.

We managed to survive eight years of GOP obstructionism, I am sure we can survive two more from the Dems, then perhaps the voting public will have smartened up and we might return to some form of normalcy. But in truth I myself have little to no use for either party, find us some politicians that are interested in the Country rather than their respective parties (oops, sorry I had forgotten, that is an extinct species)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  luther28 @5    6 years ago

It all began when Congress became a full time job instead of a duty you fulfilled a couple times a year. I realize that the country is much more complicated and populated and requires a bit more "attention" but, if you look at all of the ridiculousness they "legislate" on (which the majority of people don't know 1% of the content) it is beyond comprehension. It almost seems like make work to justify their existence................JMHO

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.2  Rmando  replied to  luther28 @5    6 years ago

How can somebody be an "unindicted criminal"? That's as ridiculous an expression as "undocumented migrant". The left do love their little phrases, meaningless as they are.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @5.2    6 years ago
How can somebody be an "unindicted criminal"?

You might want to ask those involved in the Watergate investigation and, the impeachment proceedings that were brought against Nixon, he was classified as an unindicted co-conspirator.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.2.2  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.1    6 years ago

You mean the Watergate scandal where there was a real crime instead of minor league stuff that Trump is accused of? Those crimes that aren't real crimes?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @5.2.2    6 years ago
You mean the Watergate scandal where there was a real crime instead of minor league stuff that Trump is accused of? Those crimes that aren't real crimes?

Soooo, what needs to happen for you to accept that Trump is a REAL criminal? Murder, rape, bank robbery, terrorism? What is it that needs to be shown for you to accept that Trump is a real criminal?

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

It seems to me that the current president has at least two of these crimes hanging over his head at this time like Damocles Sword waiting for them to drop.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    6 years ago
un-indicted criminal

It's just a "Kneejerk" word.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.6  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    6 years ago

An  unindicted co-conspirator , or  unindicted conspirator , is a person or entity that is alleged in an  indictment  to have engaged in  conspiracy , but who is not charged in the same indictment. Prosecutors choose to name persons as unindicted co-conspirators for a variety of reasons including grants of immunity, pragmatic considerations, and evidentiary concerns.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    6 years ago
Ok Galen...

Please post the LEGAL definition of un-indicted criminal.

I'll be back in a few weeks and see if you've discovered anything.

Ok, since I didn't mention "un-indicted criminal" but, did mention "un-indicted Co-conspirator" here's the definition for what I did mention,

An unindicted co-conspirator is a person who is identified by a law enforcement officer to have engaged in a conspiracy, but who is not charged in the indictment charging that person’s fellow conspirators. Prosecutors may name persons as unindicted co-conspirators for: grants of immunity, pragmatic considerations, and evidentiary concerns. The term unindicted co-conspirator was familiarized in 1974.
The term ‘co-conspirator’ is not different from the ‘conspirator’. Therefore an unindicted co-conspirator is also known as unindicted conspirator. Although the use of unindicted co-conspirators in not prohibited by law, the United States Attorneys' Manual generally recommends against naming unindicted co-conspirators.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.7    6 years ago

Um, post #5 specifically states "unindicted criminal".

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.8    6 years ago
Um, post #5 specifically states " unindicted criminal".

And, who wrote post number 5? Try to keep up.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.10  Spikegary  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.4    6 years ago

Thnak God 'seems to you' is not enforcable as anythign more than an emotional response you made.  If there are crimes, why has there been no charges placed against the president?  Just trying to do the 'death from a thousand cuts' as the left can't find any real crimes.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.11  Spikegary  replied to  Studiusbagus @5.2.6    6 years ago

So, since you are engaging in a conspiracy to unseat the duly elected president of the United States, but haven't been charged with a crime, you are an unindicted co-conspirator?

Gotcha.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.9    6 years ago
'Um, post #5 specifically states " unindicted criminal".' 'And, who wrote post number 5? Try to keep up.'

good one

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2.13  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.4    6 years ago
It seems to me that the current president has at least two of these crimes hanging over his head at this time like Damocles Sword waiting for them to drop.

Can you list and define all those "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.9    6 years ago

Luther did, and he used unindicted criminal.

When someone asked about that term, you jumped in with some crap about unindicted co-conspirator.

You keep up and please, stop playing your pathetic little kid word games.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.10    6 years ago
If there are crimes, why has there been no charges placed against the president?  Just trying to do the 'death from a thousand cuts' as the left can't find any real crimes.

And, now we have our "Why can't Mueller hurry up?" meme from the Right, yet, they all forget the one thing that they did that lasted for ALMOST EIGHT FUCKING YEARS, investigating Hillary with no results except to use up tax payer dollars for no reason at all. So, what I say to you and, every other Right Winger, Trump supporter, is this, you tried for eight years to get something, anything on Hillary and, failed and, the whole time none of you said, "Why can't we just end this?" no, it was "We'll get her with the next investigation....LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP" and, ya got nothing so, let this investigation play out like you did ALL EIGHT OF THE BENGHAZI INVESTIGATIONS and, all of the email investigations on Hillary, it shouldn't take much longer now, I think we'll get an early Christmas present from Mueller.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2.13    6 years ago
Can you list and define all those "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

All I have to do is list one because, one is all Mueller needs to ask Congress to impeach Trump,

It's called Obstruction of Justice.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.17    6 years ago
OK...   you moved the goal posts as there is NO LEGAL DEFINITION of un-indicted criminal. Got it.

You were looking for something in a legal definition so, I provided what was used during the Watergate hearing and, then told you to ask those involved in it. Smug doesn't look good on anyone but, what you got here is something to hang your hat on when thinking about this, the legal wonks out there say that Mueller can list Trump as a un-indicted co-conspirator just like Nixon was and, so, this is where we are at today.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.19  Studiusbagus  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.11    6 years ago

If you only knew what you were talking about.

I'd have to be illegally conspiring to unseat that criminal outside the parameters of the law that would unseat him.

Besides, too much fun watching his groupies flail in the wind as the walls are closing in. 

The "gotcha" is going to be watching heads explode when he cuts a deal to save himself and the kids from prison by resigning in disgrace.

No?

Watch what happens in the NY courts regarding the trust.

Or...we can wait until Mueller wjeels out his report that Ghouliani has already said they will try and suppress. 

Why would an innocent man try that?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @5.2.19    6 years ago

Bottom line is that Kavanaugh is not a Trump issue.  He would have been the first or second choice of virtually every one of of the Republican Presidential Primary contestants in 2016.  He is totally mainstream.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6  Studiusbagus    6 years ago
Rushed? It's been 64 days since President Trump nominated Kavanaugh. The average time between nomination and the start of confirmation hearings for the past 10 Supreme Court justices: 41.6 days.

Does that include Merrick Garland?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.1  Rmando  replied to  Studiusbagus @6    6 years ago

If it does than that stretches out the number of days longer than it would have been. That means without Garland the average number of days is actually a lot less. Didn't think that one through, did you?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Rmando @6.1    6 years ago
Didn't think that one through, did you?

Why yes I did...I also noticed you did not even try...or we wouldn't have seen this:

If it does

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

let them have their fun...

they are just making sure the last of the sane democrats leave the party before midterms.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1  arkpdx  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7    6 years ago

sane democrats= oxymoron. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    6 years ago
sane democrats= oxymoron

Just like "Intelligent Right wingers" Cheering on an Income Tax reduction and then cheering on a Tariff tax that takes it back and then some.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.2    6 years ago

Easy.

Who ultimately pays the tariff?

The end user, regardless of who sends the check.

One of your fellow idiots tried to tell me that the Kia they desire won't be subject to tariffs because it was made here. 

In turn I had to explain very slowly that there is a difference between "made here" and "assembled here" and what the law constitutes "American made".

The idiots that cheered on the tafiffs really think they're sticking it to other countries as they pay the tariff themselves.

The manufacturer doesn't pay anything

The tariff tax makes up for the income tax you thought he did for you.

Tried to buy an appliance yet? Think there's any American manufacturers left? 

Think he's bringing jobs back home? Offshoring jobs have tripled during this administration.

You got used ...again.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.2    6 years ago

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.2    6 years ago

Will another article quoting Republicans and economists help?

Trump's tariffs on US allies will shrink the savings Americans gained from tax cuts

Paul Ryan??

Ryan calls tariffs ‘basically taxes’ amid Trump’s Harley-Davidson feud

"House Speaker Paul Ryan called President Donald Trump’s tariffs “basically taxes” on Tuesday — a day after Wisconsin-based Harley-Davidson said it would move some motorcycle production overseas because of retaliatory penalties from the European Union. “I think tariffs are basically taxes,” the Wisconsin Republican said during a press conference with House GOP leaders. “What ends up happening is you get escalating tariffs or escalating taxes.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Studiusbagus @7.1.4    6 years ago

Heck, I am still waiting for that "leading" economist Krugman's predictions of a crash to come true!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    6 years ago

They show their sanity when they walk away.  I did the same 40 years ago.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.7    6 years ago

Yes I'm sure that the Jeffersonians exhibit that sanity every day.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.6    6 years ago

A lot of progressives are still hoping for that recession.   They can’t wait as America has to be collectively punished for daring to vote for our great President.  The 201,000 Jobs today announced wont help their cause any.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.2  Greg Jones  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7    6 years ago

We're counting on it.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7    6 years ago
they are just making sure the last of the sane democrats leave the party before midterms.

2018: Democrats lead GOP by 12 million registered voters

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Studiusbagus @7.3    6 years ago
2018: Democrats lead GOP by 12 million registered voters

"And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those damn pesky facts!"...

Scooby doobie doo!!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Studiusbagus @7.3    6 years ago

With most of the difference in number coming from the leftist coasts.

Of course convincing all of those registered Democrats to actually vote is the next issue.

Keep ignoring/disparaging fly over country- I am sure the Democrats will get better election results.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.3.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ronin2 @7.3.2    6 years ago
I am sure the Democrats will get better election results.

So am I

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.3.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @7.3.3    6 years ago

Maybe Pelosi getting 85% of the vote in her SF Marin district will help the democrat running in my rural Ca. district....

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.3.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.3.4    6 years ago
 Maybe Pelosi getting 85% of the vote in her SF Marin district will help the democrat running in my rural Ca. district...

I doubt, too much difference in their campaigns. Pelosi doesn't have to use crayon to communicate.