╌>

Christine Ford moves the goal posts again, wants conditions and another week

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  324 comments

Christine Ford moves the goal posts again, wants conditions and another week
Ford would be prepared to testify next week,” so long as senators offer “terms that are fair and which ensure her safety,” according to an email her lawyers sent to committee staff members.

christine-blasey-ford-politics.jpeg?qual

There is nothing like dealing with Chuck Grassley. After setting a deadline of 10:AM Friday for Christine Ford to decide if she would tell her story Monday, Ford's attorney announced late Thursday that Ford would be willing to testify IF CERTAIN CONDITIONS WERE MET AND NOT ON MONDAY, BUT LATER NEXT WEEK!!!

As usual Grassley is willing to consider all things Ford's lawyer(s) toss in at the last minute. Btw, this is a different lawyer than the one we have heard from last week. T he lawyer, Debra Katz, wrote that she would like to set up a call later on Thursday to “discuss the conditions” under which Dr. Blasey would be prepared to testify.

My prediction :  If this hearing is held next week, it will be on Friday. That will be 2 weeks lost to democrats and their Ted Kennedy style tactics.  One thing Grassley may have gotten right is the idea of hiring a professional litigator (experienced in assault cases) to ask the questions for the Republican members of the Committee. Hopefully he won't accept any conditions which would prohibit any question.  I'm also hoping the litigator is female

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Let's get this last disgusting side show done by next week.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

The only moving the goalposts and/or being total hypocrites are the gop/republicans, not the democrats.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    6 years ago

By bending over backwards for someone who can't look anyone in the eye?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

Just vote for confirmation now. Don't give any credence to this liberal smear campaign.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  volfan  replied to  Cerenkov @1.2    6 years ago

I agree....but, you have to do some things for appearance sake...and she should be under oath.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

Let's get this last disgusting side show done by next week.

So if I understand correctly, you are upset that she is demanding certain conditions be met before she will testify in front of a hostile, Republican only Senate committee about a possible criminal action? 

Doesn't this strike you as a bit hypocritical considering your support for Trump and his refusal to answer any Mueller questions with out certain conditions being met?  Like refusing to talk to Mueller and asking that all questions be submitted in writing so that he (aka his lawyers) can respond to them a week later?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3    6 years ago
ou are upset that she is demanding certain conditions be met before she will testify in front of a hostile, Republican only Senate committee about a possible criminal action? 

Why in the world do you think it's Republican only? 

Second. Trump is a possible defendant in a criminal proceeding. He has the absolute Constitutional right to say nothing. 
The accuser is leveling charges that can put Kavanaugh in jail. Yet she's putting conditions on her testimony. He's the one with the Constitutional right to dictate demands or not testify , yet he doesn't. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.1    6 years ago
Why in the world do you think it's Republican only? 

You are correct, that was my mistake, doing too many things at once.  What I intended to say is: 

So if I understand correctly, you are upset that she is demanding certain conditions be met before she will testify in front of a hostile, Republican CONTROLLED Senate committee about a possible criminal action? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.2    6 years ago
Dr. Ford is not the one in a position to make demands.

She is if they want to find out more about the accusation.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.5    6 years ago
Nope.   They'll give her an opportunity.  If she accepts it fine.

So you're saying that the Republicans on the committee don't want to know if a possible SCOTUS judge is a possible rapist, or attempted rapist?  If the victim doesn't plead and prostrate herself in front of them they don't want to hear what she says?  Don't you think this is a kind of an important thing to find out about the nominee?

A self confessed sexual predator has already become President, but everyone knew that before they voted at least.  Shouldn't they know the truth before they appoint him to a lifetime job?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3    6 years ago
So if I understand correctly, you are upset that she is demanding certain conditions be met before she will testify

Um hum. Yup, It is obvious now that Grassley is being played. Now she claims she is afraid to fly and wants to drive out to DC. Grassley offered to come out to her. She is full of shit. She is a liberal activist LYING to take down Kavanaugh.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.3.9  volfan  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3    6 years ago
Republican only Senate committee

What? There are NO Democrats on the Judiciary Committee? I remember seeing Feinstein who held the letter since July (yeah, we know what that's all about) and SPARTACUS Booker (who we have since found out GROPED a girl)...among others.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.3.10  volfan  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.1    6 years ago
He's the one with the Constitutional right to dictate demands or not testify

And yet he came right out immediately and said I will testify anywhere anytime! She, on the other hand..I don't believe this woman for a second. Hope she wears her pink ____ hat for all the world to see what kind of idiot she is.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.11  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @1.3.9    6 years ago

Sounds like Susan Collins is coming around after hearing Trump's disgusting efforts at slut-shaming.    You folks might be desperate to find enough votes to put a rapist on the court.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.11    6 years ago

Do you think Susan Collins is that much of liberal? I doubt she'd punish an innocent person because of the actions of another, which is the liberal m.o. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.3.13  Rmando  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.11    6 years ago

Questioning the authenticity of a woman who has made conflicting statements is not slut shaming. Just more liberal exaggeration.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.3.14  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.11    6 years ago

OM Freaking GAWD, a rapist?  Says who?? One woman who didn't even SAY she got raped! Some of you frikken people are nuts!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.15  Skrekk  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.12    6 years ago
Do you think Susan Collins is that much of liberal?

Definitely not, but she sure does seem to be losing patience with the misogyny and slut-shaming which is rampant amongst conservatives.    She was quite disgusted by Trump's comments.    Many of the comments from conservatives here are far worse.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.16  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @1.3.14    6 years ago
OM Freaking GAWD, a rapist?  Says who??

OK, Kavanaugh is just a sexual predator and wannabe-rapist.....unless more of his victims come forward.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.17  lennylynx  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.16    6 years ago
"...unless more of his victims come forward."

Unlikely given the level of death threats this one is receiving.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.18  Skrekk  replied to  lennylynx @1.3.17    6 years ago

I can definitely understand why so few rapes or sexual assaults ever get reported given what the right wing is doing to Ford.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.15    6 years ago
Many of the comments from conservatives here are far worse.

Lol, this coming from a person calling Kavanaugh a rapist.     That pretty much disqualifies any comment made by you since you are clearly and hopelessly biased.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.3.20  Rmando  replied to  Skrekk @1.3.18    6 years ago

What is the right wing doing to Ford? Bending over backwards and extending one deadline after another just to try to hear her side of the story? How dare they!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.21  Ozzwald  replied to  volfan @1.3.9    6 years ago
What? There are NO Democrats on the Judiciary Committee?

And you win the prize for least aware comment.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.3.22  volfan  replied to  lennylynx @1.3.17    6 years ago
Unlikely given the level of death threats this one is receiving.

Yeah, well, most of the MSM isn't reporting this (USA Today is), but there are serious death threats against Kavanaugh and his entire family too...it's absolutely ridiculous - on both sides.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.3.23  volfan  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.21    6 years ago
And you win the prize for least aware comment.

It was in reply to on of your brilliant cohorts (Shrek) on here...duh. RIF.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

The whole point of this is to prevent him from being on the court at the beginning of the next court term so that key decisions will be 4-4 and the liberal appeals court rulings wil remain in effect.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.4    6 years ago

Yup, that is a big part of it

lib50
Professor Silent
1.5  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago
disgusting side show

Wait til we get to hear all about Kavanaugh's old secret club, affectionately known as 'tit and clit'.  The more we know the more we know.  Investigate or this guy will have to recuse from every case having to do with abused women.  I don't think conservatives know how this is playing in public. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @1.5    6 years ago

How did the 6 FBI background checks miss that?

My name isn't Chuck Grassley, lets see a link?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.5.2  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.1    6 years ago
How did the 6 FBI background checks miss that?

Sounds like Trump has done a lot of damage to the FBI.    Or it could just be that the FBI is incompetent when the GOP is in charge.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.5.4  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @1.5.2    6 years ago
Or it could just be that the FBI is incompetent when the GOP is in charge.

Seems they were pretty inept under barry. More and more comes to light everyday about the abuse of power at the top levels of the DOJ and the FBI. The rank and file seem to be non bias - just doing their jobs.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.5.5  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @1.5.4    6 years ago
Seems they were pretty inept under barry.

You mean Obama?   I don't think he ever tried to politicize or institutionally damage the FBI like Trump has done, nor did he ever treat the AG as his personal attorney or expect the FBI to be his personal police force from which he demanded "loyalty".

Nor did Obama ever act like a mob boss and say that it should be illegal for witnesses to testify for the prosecution (ie, "flipping").

lib50
Professor Silent
2  lib50    6 years ago

Let's get this thoroughly investigated to the best of our ability regardless of how long it takes, because there is NO DEADLINE!  This has already been rushed without releasing MOST of his records!  This is a totally credible allegation and highly likely to have happened, and that is judging by the standards of .......Kavanaugh's own bestie from the day!  I won't deny I didn't want Kavanaugh before, and I sure as hell don't want him now, we don't need another compromised misogynist on the court fucking it up for women for decades.  And if the gop gets pissy, well, that is a plus in my book.   Kavanaugh's approval rating is under water now, for good reason.  I see light.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

The Republicans are in charge. She can't make it Monday, that should have been it. She had 36 years!

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 years ago
She had 36 years!

Yes Cardinal Vic, hundreds have had many, many years of pain...

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.2  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 years ago

Fake timeline.  They rearrange their schedules all the time for meetings and hearings.  Is there a different standard for women?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @2.1.2    6 years ago

There is only one standard. The Chairman sets the deadlines. No special privileges for special groups

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    6 years ago

Hi Vic - loved your "letter" to Grassley.   Maybe you should ask him why he hired as the committee's communications coordinator a guy who had previously been fired for sexual harassment?

Seems like no one in the GOP knows how to vet anyone.   Or they just don't care whether they hire traitors, rapists and misogynists.

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.1.5  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @2.1.4    6 years ago

so typical....jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.2  tomwcraig  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

Okay, where did this occur, when did it occur, which people were around, and what physical evidence do you have that this occurred?  Please, tell us all these things as these are required for an actual investigation to occur, very similar to a car accident.  The only witness she claims was there cannot remember this occurring, she has not provided an actual physical location as to where this occurred, she cannot remember the actual time it occurred, and she has no physical evidence this occurred.  So, tell me, how are we supposed to get an investigation going without any sort of proof that something did occur?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3  tomwcraig  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

I bet you still think the Duke Lacrosse team is still guilty even though the claims were false, correct?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3    6 years ago

Oh that's a great example!
Wasn't the coach who defended the accused immediately fired?
Yup, that's when Due Process was removed from the schools!

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.2  tomwcraig  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.1    6 years ago

Yes, and all the players that were accused were kicked from the team and blacklisted until courts ordered them reinstated but most either decided to no longer play or had transferred to other schools.  Both the county and the school ended up paying them a lot of money, and the DA in charge was removed from office, disbarred, and sentence to 1 day in jail for contempt of court due to his actions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3.2    6 years ago

That's right, I forgot about the DA who framed them.  That was Obama's America

lib50
Professor Silent
2.3.4  lib50  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3    6 years ago
I bet you still think the Duke Lacrosse team is still guilty

Nope, and you don't have a fricken clue what I thought  before the trial either, so that dog won't hunt.  This is not about Duke Lacrosse team, do you think all abuse claims are interchangeable?  And do you wonder why abuse claims don't come out til years later? 

Now, what is the goddamn hurry here? 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.3.5  Rmando  replied to  lib50 @2.3.4    6 years ago

Ask Feinstein why she refused to turn over her letter to get an investigation the day she got it. You don't get to drag your feet and play around then demand there's no hurry.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.6  tomwcraig  replied to  lib50 @2.3.4    6 years ago

You are doing exactly what happened with the Duke Lacrosse team, automatically believing the accuser.  Their reputations were destroyed because people from the School's administration to the teachers to the DA automatically believed the accuser instead of requiring actual evidence.  Then, they had to settle with the coach, who was fired for defending their presumed innocence until guilty, and the players for blacklisting them, cancelling their season, and forcing them to transfer.  Duke even had to go begging to the NCAA to give the players another year of eligibility due to their rush to judgement.  The hurry here is because Feinstein decided to hold onto the letter for 2 months and decided to release it to gum up the works to drag out the confirmation until after the election.  It is up to Ford to show actual proof that this happened and so far what proof she has CONTRADICTS her story.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @2.3.4    6 years ago

No hurry at all.

Ford is free to file charges against Kavanaugh at any time she chooses.

Is there any reason she has thus far refused to do so?

Or is she going to wait until she is 80?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.5  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

You guys say Dr Ford should receive due process. She does. Senator Feinstein has had since July, not one week when this came out, to confidentially introduce this allegation to the FBI and local officials. She did nothing but sit on it. That is not Judge Kavanaugh's fault.

He should also receive due process, shouldn't he? Or is that only reserved for the liberal accuser? He has been investigated a half dozen times over the course of his career, and Dr Ford had 36 years to bring this to the attention of the proper authorities, not just when she "feared" Kavanaugh may be nominated to the SC.

Judge Kavanaugh will get his due process on Monday when he comes before the judiciary committee and defends himself from these accusations.

What more does Dr Ford need? She is also being given the same due process. The FBI is not the investigative authority in this. They already stated they have nothing about the accusations.

It is time to move forward and take a vote next Thursday and confirm Kavanaugh before the end of the month. The time he has waited to be confirmed goes along the same timeline most of the recent past nominees. It is false when liberals say he is being rushed through.,

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.6  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

Despite multiple erroneous claims, Kavanaugh's nomination has NOT been rushed through.

And if the claims were SOOOOO "credible", why did the ranking Democratic member of the Senate Judicial Committee SIT on it for so long?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.7  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.7.2  Skrekk  replied to  1stwarrior @2.7    6 years ago

At least Congresscritters who have been credibly accused of sexual assault generally are forced from office by their leadership or voted out.    Those easy  options don't exist for federal judges or SCOTUS justices with lifetime appointments......after all Clarence Thomas is still on the court.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.7.3  lib50  replied to    6 years ago
crickets funny.

Gee, sorry if my trips to AZ to care for my almost 87 year old mom don't allow me to keep up with things here.  Feel free to continue to patronize and judge women while your party tries to ram a flawed person the process.  While pissing on the alleged victim.  Continue to insult this woman, you may get some ideas from Trump's tweets yesterday, I think he's ready to 'tell it like it is'.   Go for it.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.7.4  Rmando  replied to  Skrekk @2.7.2    6 years ago

Thomas was never proven to have harassed Anita Hill. In fact it was proven Hill actually followed him around switching jobs and was on friendly terms calling him on the phone after they quit working together.

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.7.7  volfan  replied to    6 years ago

I know...disgusting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

US Senate Judiciary Committee tweet:

Democrats sat on Dr. Ford’s allegations for MONTHS & did nothing. They STILL haven’t turned over the original letter they received from Dr. Ford. Why would Dems sit on allegations for months and then not even participate in the Committee’s investigation?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Ford is not moving 'the goal posts.'

Ford is trying to establish and legitimize 'the goal posts.'

One thing for sure.  If Kavanaugh and Ford testify under oath their version of events, one of them is lying and must be prosecuted.  If I were Kavanaugh I would be 'cautious' concerning his lack of honesty on other matters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago
Ford is not moving 'the goal posts.'

She wanted a hearing, then she didn't, then she wanted the same investigation that Schumer called for, now that the dems last chance is her showing up for a hearing - she offers a hearing with conditions but not on Monady!

If that's not moving goal posts I don't know what is?

I really want the American public to see and hear her!!!!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    6 years ago

something a lot of people are missing. a check into the Nom has already been done so the leg work of that part of any impending investigation with the exception of some verifying some of what has already been done is basically done. the part checking into the other half of the reason for the investigation , most likely has been looked at already by both sides "off the books". whatever can come out from looking into that background will .

with no crime scene to investigate , no corroborating witnesses willing to swear under oath and testify, no evidence forensic or otherwise, the result will be inconclusive.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.2    6 years ago
the result will be inconclusive.

100% Correct

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    6 years ago

So you trust Grassley and Hatch?  I wouldn't and neither does Ford.  She is not stupid.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.4    6 years ago

If she is telling the truth she has nothing to fear and she owes it to Brett Kavanaugh. Under our Constitution the accused should be able to face their accusers.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.2    6 years ago

Lac of evidence, winesses,  or crime scene sure did no matter to Feinstein and the rest of her progressive lefftist liberal ilk.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.5    6 years ago
Are you sure about that? 

She has a PhD. What degree does trump have again? Guess she is smarter than that fucking retard. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.9    6 years ago

[deleted]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.11  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.10    6 years ago

Removed for Context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.10    6 years ago

Removed for Context

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.11    6 years ago
Proof Frosty - how 'bout some proof. How 'bout staying on topic also, eh?

Sorry, didn't know this was your seed... Oh wait, it isn't. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.15  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    6 years ago

Nobody, and I mean nobody would ask the FBI to investigate a matter that they were lying about.  She is not stupid and Kavanaugh has already mislead and lied on previous matters.

Do not deflect.  The lies are in the information the GOP was forced to release.  Am surprised Kavanaugh is not being charged with lying to congress while under oath.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.15    6 years ago

Please.

People do crazier stuff all the time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.15    6 years ago
Nobody, and I mean nobody would ask the FBI to investigate a matter that they were lying about. 

Why wouldn't they?  It is after all what democrats have called for, knowing, of course that the FBI has no jurisdiction in the matter which is 36 years old and lacks any kind of search point - no time or place according to the recollection of the accuser who wanted to remain anonymous.

I think the democrats made a big mistake this time. First they thought an anonymous "allegation" would take down Kavanaugh. When it was insufficient, they leaked this woman's name to the media, forcing her to get a lawyer and coming before her accuser & the nation.

So now we listen to Schumer, Ford's layer and the media in unison recite the words......"we need the FBI to investigate"!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.11    6 years ago

Mr. Frost is correct.  The twitter in chief has had an unsecured phone all along (along with sharing top secret intel with the russians).  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.15    6 years ago
Nobody, and I mean nobody would ask the FBI to investigate a matter that they were lying about.

I coulda swore it was the Democrat Politicians that want the FBI investigation. 

Did Ford ask Feinstein to get the FBI involved ?

Or

Was it that Ford asked Feinstein to keep it confidential after she gave the information to Feinstein ?

So many different stories to sift through ...….. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Hell, Maddow wants Kavanaugh in jail now, no Justice and no real evidence needed !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.20    6 years ago
'You know that for a fact?'

That's a fact Jack!

'But like the one Obama had, I'm sure the one Trump uses has been modified by the people at the NSA for security purposes.'

I'm sure you're wrong.   

And how can you be so sure - is it top secret, hush, hush information you got on the down low?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.23  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.14    6 years ago

May not be my seed, but as a member/reader/commenter on NT, I can express my discontent with folks who derail the topic of the seeds/threads/articles.

Content that arguably and unnecessarily seeks to anger others is prohibited.  The seed is not about Trump but you continually attempt to pizz people off by throwing Trump into your attempts at sarcasm.

Now, where is your proof ???

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.1.24  volfan  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.8    6 years ago
. What degree does trump have again

What the crap does that have to do with THIS?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.25  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @4.1.24    6 years ago
What the crap does that have to do with THIS?

Trump's complete lack of relevant experience helps explain why he's so reckless on governmental issues including national security and SCOTUS nominations.

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.1.26  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.25    6 years ago
including national security and SCOTUS nominations.

Really? Well, we could go to obama and his minions...but that is irrelevant to this discussion, just like yours was.

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.2  volfan  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago
If I were Kavanaugh I would be 'cautious' concerning his lack of honesty on other matters.

If I were Ford, I would be too.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Senator Hirono let the cat out of the bag. The whole point of this is to delay the confirmation past the midterms and hope they control the Senate. The goal is to keep Kennedy's seat open till 2021.

That's why that kept everything hidden until the last minute. That's why they keep demanding more things. They are running out the clock. 

The other goal is to get the headline "FBI Opens Investigation of Kavanaugh's alleged Sex Crime."  That's gold, especially for the low information voters they rely on.  It doesn't matter that it wouldn't be a criminal investigation.  The fact that it's just another background check will get lost. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    6 years ago

What exactly is the huge rush? I mean the GOP was more than happy to wait more than a year to appoint goresuch[sp]. So why is a vote needed IMMEDIATELY? I don't see why this shouldn't be put off until after the midterms. I just don't think we should be appointing anyone so close to an election, AND, with a POTUS that's under investigation by the FBI. trumps own words, "Anyone under investigation by the FBI shouldn't be president". 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

We are simply trying to get a woman with a 36 year old grievance to go before the American people and tell her story.

Why would that be so problematic?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    6 years ago
We are simply trying to get a woman with a 36 year old grievance to go before the American people and tell her story.

She will, I am just questioning why it has to be RIGHT NOW?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.4  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago
Why are the Democrats trying to slow it down?

One name for you.. Merrick Garland. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.4    6 years ago

So it is all really about political playback and not really a damn thing to do with Kavanaugh's qualifications--as many suspected all along.

Thanks for confirming.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.6  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.5    6 years ago
So it is all really about political playback and not really a damn thing to do with Kavanaugh's qualifications--as many suspected all along.

It means the GOP has no excuse whatsoever for trying to rush the hearing.

However if the GOP ultimately confirms the rapist without properly addressing his victim's claims there will be hell to pay at the ballot box.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
6.1.7  tomwcraig  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.6    6 years ago

You do realize that the next court sessions are scheduled to begin on October 3rd, right?  Any rulings made at that time without Kavanaugh's confirmation will be 4-4 for the most part giving the LOWER courts the overriding rulings on these cases.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    6 years ago

They always seem to be planning...all marching in lock step depending on moderate Republicans in the Senate

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.9  lennylynx  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.8    6 years ago

Moderate Republicans?  Oh, you must mean the 3 or 4 who actually display a teeny, tiny little bit of human decency once in awhile.  You guys need to purge these Rinos from your great party.  MAGA!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.6    6 years ago
'However if the GOP ultimately confirms the rapist without properly addressing his victim's claims there will be hell to pay at the ballot box.'

Indeed!  There was already going to be a blue wave with a lot of independents and republicans voting blue, if they don't properly address this, it will be a BLUE TSUNAMI!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.6    6 years ago

Rush? It has been shown many times that Kavanaugh's nomination is NOT being rushed through, and yet, people STILL say it is when the FACTS say differently.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.6    6 years ago

Do you remember me telling you to stop responding to me until you apologize?

Do you need that explained in further detail?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.13  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @6.1.7    6 years ago
You do realize that the next court sessions are scheduled to begin on October 3rd, right?  Any rulings made at that time without Kavanaugh's confirmation will be 4-4 for the most part giving the LOWER courts the overriding rulings on these cases.

Since the GOP didn't care for over a YEAR after Scalia died, why should we? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.1.13    6 years ago

Actually, most SCOTUS decisions are likely to NOT be 4-4 decisions with 8 Justices.

It is more likely that there are more 8-0 decisions than 4-4 ones.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.1.15  lady in black  replied to  Dulay @6.1.13    6 years ago

Because they are hypocrites

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    6 years ago

Again, so what? The GOP had no issue with a SCOTUS set staying open for over a year, so they cannot pretend that there is a rush to replace Kennedy. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
6.1.17  TTGA  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.4    6 years ago
One name for you.. Merrick Garland. 

And with the mention of that name, your side of the political controversy just lost all credibility.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.1.16    6 years ago

I wonder what people will bitch about after Kavanaugh is confirmed.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
6.1.19  tomwcraig  replied to  Dulay @6.1.13    6 years ago

Is the President up for re-election?  No, then the nominee should be voted on as quickly as possible to allow regular order in the Congress and in the Supreme Court.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.20  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @6.1.19    6 years ago
Is the President up for re-election? 

WTF does THAT have to do with it?

Your comment was about 4-4 decisions. It didn't bother the GOP when THEY were the catalyst for the issue, WHY should we worry about it now? 

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
6.1.21  Fireryone  replied to  tomwcraig @6.1.19    6 years ago

He is under criminal investigation. No vote till after the mid terms.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.22  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.11    6 years ago
Rush? It has been shown many times that Kavanaugh's nomination is NOT being rushed through

If it weren't being rushed there'd be an FBI investigation of the very credible claims of sexual assault, as well as the reports that Kavanaugh only hires women with a certain look.

More generally it's foolish for the Senate to consider any nomination from an unindicted co-conspirator in federal crimes.

volfan
Freshman Silent
6.1.23  volfan  replied to  Fireryone @6.1.21    6 years ago
He is under criminal investigation. 

LOL, no he is not...stop the hysterics...for the love of god...

No vote till after the mid terms.

Ah, so now we see the REAL agenda...stopping the nomination til after the midterms....hmm, now why would that be?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.22    6 years ago

That is so full of shot it hurts to read it.

Credible?

Why?

Because she is a Democrat a woman, and the nominee was nominated by Trump?

THTA's what this is ALL about.

Please don't try to mislead us by claiming it is about some vague sexual assault allegation that is over 30 years old.

I don't think most people will fall for that crap.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.25  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.24    6 years ago
Credible? Why?

Because it is entirely credible and fits a common pattern, as several prosecutors who handle sexual assault cases have noted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.25    6 years ago

Others' experiences aren't evidence of shit in this case.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.27  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.26    6 years ago
Others' experiences aren't evidence of shit in this case.

What it means is that your attempts at discrediting the victim are entirely ignorant of how the victims of sexual assault often respond.     It's the kind of response which you exhibit which allowed Fat Albert to assault at least 60 women before he was held responsible for one of those crimes.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.3  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

Trump is not the target of any investigation. The only thing being investigated is Russian interference. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.3.1  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @6.3    6 years ago
Trump is not the target of any investigation.

Right, it's just everyone around trump.. Got it, keep telling yourself that.. LMFAO!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @6.3.2    6 years ago

I guess sarcasm isn't your thing.. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.4  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago
What exactly is the huge rush?

No rush. Actually, Kavanaugh's confirmation is taking a little longer of a time frame as all SC nominees since 1975.

According to the Congressional Research Service , the average number of days from nomination to final Senate vote since 1975 is 67 days (2.2 months), while the median is 71 days (or 2.3 months).

Judge Kavanaugh was nominated July 10. As of today, September 20, we are at day 70. Actually taking longer than most.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.5  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago
I just don't think we should be appointing anyone so close to an election

NOW you are agreeing with the Biden rule?

BTW, President Trump is not under investigation, but you knew that.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.5.1  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @6.5    6 years ago
NOW you are agreeing with the Biden rule?

??? Who was up for nomination at that time? Oh that's right no one. Try again. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.6  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

Gorsuch didn't wait more than a year. Where do you GET this stuff at?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.6.2  Texan1211  replied to    6 years ago

DNC? MSNBC? Clinton? Obama? Soros? The media?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.6.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.6.2    6 years ago
DNC? MSNBC? Clinton? Obama? Soros? The media?

Koch, fox news, infowhores, breitfart trump, pence, mcconnell....

See? I can spit out names too. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.6.4  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.6.3    6 years ago

Why, very good Mr Frost!

Very good!

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.6.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.6.3    6 years ago

Are those the sources where you learned that Gorsuch waited a year?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.7  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago
a POTUS that's under investigation by the FBI

Strictly speaking, he's not really under investigation by the FBI. A special prosecutor is investigating Russian interference and any connection to the Trump campaign. The special prosecutor nominally answers to the Attorney General, although it might more accurate in this case to say he answers to the Deputy Attorney General. He does not answer to the director of the FBI. So the FBI is not investigating the president.

Also, as far as anyone knows, Trump himself is not a target of the investigation. If he were, he likely would have received a target letter putting him on notice to that effect. At worst, Trump may be a subject of the special prosecutor's investigation. It's a different level of scrutiny that incurs different obligations and responsibilities by all parties.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

She's now demanding Kavanaugh testify first. 

That's so obviously insane that it's clear she doesn't want to testify. Her team of partisan Democratic activists is now just making impossible demands that can't be met to explain why she bows out.

As Charles Cooke wrote, "How utterly preposterous it would be to hold a hearing in which the accused is expected to refute allegations that have not yet been made under oath, and then to watch in silence as the accuser responds to his “refutation.” How far down the rabbit hole must we go to sustain this charade?"

"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    6 years ago

And she also dosen't want Kavanaugh in the room when she "testifies".......she can't even look him in the eye...She is only here to take Kavanaugh down for her fellow liberals.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    6 years ago

Isn't it odd that all her demands match everything democrats want?

She also wants there to be no trained litigator asking the questions for the Republican members. Why is that?  Most likely because Chuck Schumer prefers the optics of those male Senators questioning her.  
Then there is the matter of needing a bit more time.   Probably to prepare her and of course to further delay the process already taking longer than any other.

The answer of course,to all of this should have been NO. Monday should have been her day and she needs to be questioned by a female litigator specializing in these types of allegations

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
8  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

Can't help but think she is lying.  Could be wrong though.  A lot of inconsistencies here.  Could very well be an left wing individual trying to help prevent a conservative SCOTUS. 

She has 35 years, supposedly has therapist notes that no one has seen except a journalist, the notes say 4 teens assaulted her but she says it was 2, she says she never intended for it to go public but she got a lawyer in aug and took a lie detector, she was offered to come before the committee, but now she says she won't unless an investigation is done. An investigation by its very nature AT BEST for her will be inconclusive... a friend at school wrote a post saying she remembers it because they were talking about it at school afterwards, but how since Ford says it happened in the summer and she didn't tell anyone... 

she either goes before the committee under oath or that should be the end of it.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1  MrFrost  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @8    6 years ago
Can't help but think she is lying.

The polygraph examination she took states that she isn't, and yes it was administered by a professional. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
8.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    6 years ago

Theres a reason those aren't admissible in court.  I know quite a few people who were cleared by polygraphs I knew for a fact were lying.  

cms5
Freshman Quiet
8.1.2  cms5  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    6 years ago
The polygraph examination she took states that she isn't, and yes it was administered by a professional. 

She isn't what? Lying? There are so many different types of polygraphs and 'professionals' - so it's asking a lot to expect people to stand with that statement.

It is possible that something did happen to her, but is her memory correct in recalling who the actual offender is? Polygraphs test memories. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly couldn't remember much from my teen years about parties where alcohol was involved.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Dulay  replied to  cms5 @8.1.2    6 years ago
I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly couldn't remember much from my teen years about parties where alcohol was involved.

Which would seem to infer that Kavanaugh and Judge are the ones 'misremembering' since Judge so conveniently documented that they were black out drunk. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @8.1.1    6 years ago

Yeah, right, and Trump had hundreds of friends who died in the towers.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.5  lennylynx  replied to  cms5 @8.1.2    6 years ago

So, you could very well have raped any number of girls back in high school?  You'd never know if you happened to rape anyone, because you just don't remember, that it?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  cms5 @8.1.2    6 years ago
t is possible that something did happen to her, but is her memory correct in recalling who the actual offender is?

Eyewitness testimony is always suspect. The Innocence project makes it living off mistaken eyewitness testimony. It's one of the scarier aspects of our legal system. Science continues to demonstrate how faulty human memory is and so much of our justice system depends on it. 

Some memory errors are so “large” that they almost belong in a class of their own:  false memories . Back in the early 1990s a pattern emerged whereby people would go into therapy for depression and other everyday problems, but over the course of the therapy develop memories for violent and horrible victimhood ( Loftus & Ketcham, 1994 ). These patients’ therapists claimed that the patients were recovering genuine memories of real childhood abuse, buried deep in their minds for years or even decades. But some experimental psychologists believed that the memories were instead likely to be false—created in therapy. These researchers then set out to see whether it would indeed be possible for wholly false memories to be created by procedures similar to those used in these patients’ therapy...

Using a false feedback manipulation, we have been able to persuade subjects to falsely remember having a variety of childhood experiences. In these studies, subjects are told (falsely) that a powerful computer system has analyzed questionnaires that they completed previously and has concluded that they had a particular experience years earlier. Subjects apparently believe what the computer says about them and adjust their memories to match this new information. A variety of different false memories have been implanted in this way. In some studies, subjects are told they once got sick on a particular food ( Bernstein, Laney, Morris, & Loftus, 2005 ). These memories can then spill out into other aspects of subjects’ lives, such that they often become less interested in eating that food in the future ( Bernstein & Loftus, 2009b ). Other false memories implanted with this methodology include having an unpleasant experience with the character Pluto at Disneyland and witnessing physical violence between one’s parents ( Berkowitz, Laney, Morris, Garry, & Loftus, 2008 ;   Laney & Loftus, 2008 ).

I mportantly, once these false memories are implanted—whether through complex methods or simple ones—it is extremely difficult to tell them apart from true memories  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @8.1.3    6 years ago
hich would seem to infer that Kavanaugh and Judge are the ones 'misremembering' since Judge so conveniently documented that they were black out drunk

Bullshit. Got a source of Kavanaugh being blackout drunk?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @8.1.4    6 years ago

That's a mistake.  Rump doesn't have any friends.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @8.1.7    6 years ago

Of course not.

Who needs facts when conducting a hit campaign designed to make him withdraw?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.9    6 years ago

And that bullshit coming from Mr I only post on NT to expose the rights lies....jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @8.1.10    6 years ago

I always consider the "source" of such nonsense!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

cms5
Freshman Quiet
8.1.12  cms5  replied to  lennylynx @8.1.5    6 years ago
So, you could very well have raped any number of girls back in high school?  You'd never know if you happened to rape anyone, because you just don't remember, that it?

No, I couldn't have...You see I am a girl.

Dr. Ford is not alleging that she was raped.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.13  Skrekk  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.6    6 years ago
Some memory errors are so “large” that they almost belong in a class of their own: false memories. Back in the early 1990s a pattern emerged whereby people would go into therapy for depression and other everyday problems, but over the course of the therapy develop memories for violent and horrible victimhood (Loftus & Ketcham, 1994).

The anti-LGBT "psychiatrist" and Catholic apologist Paul McHugh was one of the main proponents of the "false memory" notion.   He saved the Catholic sect a boatload of money through his profoundly dishonest and unethical efforts to discredit the victims of pedophile priests.    There's very little doubt that some of those pedophiles went on to rape more kids and the criminal conspirators in the Vatican's coverup got off entirely scot-free thanks to McHugh.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
8.2  Fireryone  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @8    6 years ago
A lot of inconsistencies here.  Could very well be an left wing individual trying to help prevent a conservative SCOTUS. 

How often do liars request an FBI investigation when lying to the FBI is a crime? 

She needs to be heard before the vote.   

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
8.2.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Fireryone @8.2    6 years ago

An FBI investigation for something that supposedly happened 35 years ago?  She would know their isnnonway to validate anything she says.  

With cases like the duke lacrosse and rolling stone cases... let's not pretend false claims don't occur.  And given her political involvement there is a possibility she is lying to try and prevent a conservative SCOTUS.  She may be telling the truth.. I can admit that.  Acting like she is absolutely telling the truth is dangerous though.  The only people that seem to have an issue with that seem to be concerned about SCOTUS as well.  Cosby had 60+ women accusing him and it was less controversial to doubt them to doubt this one woman 

volfan
Freshman Silent
8.2.2  volfan  replied to  Fireryone @8.2    6 years ago

here's a picture of her...guess she forgot to "scrub" this one...oh, lookie, she forgot her pink _____ hat:

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  volfan @8.2.2    6 years ago

I would LOVE to hear an answer from the learned professor on WHO EXACTLY IS HER PRESIDENT!

Or from anyone else who is an American and claiming that Trump isn't their President.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Fireryone @8.2    6 years ago

people do stupid stuff every single day, so asking for an FBI investigation isn't out of the question--especially for someone hellbent on seeing Kavanaugh not confirmed.

What the HELL is the FBI going to investigate?

They could talk to her--maybe she'll remember the date, time, and place the alleged rape attempt took place. 

Then they could talk to Kavanaugh, who will deny it.

The only other possible "witness" already said he doesn't remember it happening.

Case closed, vote taken, Kavanaugh confirmed.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.2.5  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.4    6 years ago
What the HELL is the FBI going to investigate?

They can interview the victim, the wannabe rapist and his helper, the other people at the party, classmates who recall stories about the attempted rape, and try to establish other details like the where and when of the sexual assault.    They can also do a more thorough background check to see if there have been any similar allegations against the wannabe rapist.

The FBI can also investigate the death threats and other witness tampering efforts made against Ford.    We already know there's been at least one criminal GOP-coordinated campaign to discredit Ford.

volfan
Freshman Silent
8.2.6  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @8.2.5    6 years ago
They can interview the victim, the wannabe rapist and his helper, the other people at the party, classmates who recall stories about the attempted rape

For someone saying the FBI shouldn't be politicized, you sure are wanting to politicize it...it is NOT the FBI job to investigate rape allegations - that investigation belongs in the state where said event supposedly occurred...how dumb to drag the FBI into this...and your hypocrisy on it is so typical.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.2.7  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @8.2.6    6 years ago
it is NOT the FBI job to investigate rape allegations

It most certainly is the job of the FBI to do a comprehensive background check on federal nominees, including investigating any derogatory information or allegations......exactly like what they did with Clarence Thomas after the formal end of the judiciary committee hearing when Anita Hill's allegation were made public.

Too bad that 25 years ago the judiciary committee didn't allow Thomas' other accusers to testify.   Seems like the GOP is playing the same game again and refusing to allow other witnesses to testify who could support Ford's accusations.

It's also rather amusing that the GOP isn't concerned about whether their nominee gets cleared before he is seated on the court.     They apparently don't mind if he's forever known as a wannabe rapist.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

This is Orwellian

According to an actually elected  US Senator Kristin Gillbrand, allowing her to testify is silencing her. 

Violent mobs are more rational than these types of Democrats at this point. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    6 years ago

This looks very bad for her. It's very disturbing that she is trying to control who else is speaking, when they speak and how much they get to speak. It's contrary to every tradition of justice that we have that the accused would not be permitted to rebut accusations.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    6 years ago

Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford lays out conditions for Senate testimony

#1:Ford will not appear any sooner than next Thursday;

This might be ok. And frankly, if an FBI investigation only takes 3 days, maybe they could whip one out in this time.

#2: No questions to be asked at hearing by any outside counsel -- only by Senators;

Why? What is she afraid of? I doubt the committee needs outside counsel to question her, but I question why she should care. It would make the proceedings look a little bit less like a political circus. It might be better than bouncing back and forth between senators for partisan questioning.

#3: Mark Judge must be subpoenaed;

He probably will be, but she doesn't get to dictate to the committee who they will and won't interview.

#4: Kavanaugh would testify first, then Ford would testify, and Kavanaugh would have no opportunity to respond or rebut;

IN-SANE! Is this the poison pill? The idea that the accused cannot respond to an accuser violates every tradition of justice we have in both criminal and civil matters.

And if we did this, what is Kavanaugh supposed to say? "Anything negative this woman is about to say about me is bullshit." That's about all he can do. He can't deny a specific accusation he hasn't yet heard.

#5: The Friday deadline for her to provide written statement before the hearing would be waived;

This demand isn't going to be popular, either. No one will have any way to prepare for questions because no one will have any idea what she is going to say. 

#6: Provide adequate security;

Drama queen. Obviously there will be security.

#7: Only one pool camera in hearing room; 

Again, what is she trying to hide? Having said that, they might actually go along with this.

#8: Ford and Kavanaugh allotted the same amount of time to talk. 

Already people making prepared statements are limited to the same amount of time. But this won't have any impact on how long it takes for the committee to question the parties. Although if we go with Condition #4, Kavanaugh is only going to need about 30 seconds. Will she be satisfied with 30 seconds?

volfan
Freshman Silent
11.1  volfan  replied to  Tacos! @11    6 years ago

That is an insane list...but the one that gets me the most is she gets to accuse him and he gets no rebuttal?? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  volfan @11.1    6 years ago

But if you listen to Democrats, the Republicans are the ones who are trying to prevent her from being heard. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Today Christine Ford's sister was interviewed on MSNBC. She told the American public that her sister never told her about the allegations:

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-s-sister-in-law-speaks-says-no-doubt-she-s-telling-the-truth-1326134339654?v=railb&

volfan
Freshman Silent
12.1  volfan  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    6 years ago

Well, there ya go....

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
12.2  Fireryone  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    6 years ago
https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-s-sister-in-law-speaks-says-no-doubt-she-s-telling-the-truth-1326134339654?v=railb&

that proves nothing, it's not unusual that someone wouldn't tell an inlaw. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Fireryone @12.2    6 years ago

Oh, right, None of it is unusual/s

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.1    6 years ago

It's pretty typical in fact.   Rather amusing that misognistic conservatives still don't get it.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
12.2.3  Fireryone  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.1    6 years ago

No, it really isn't that unusual.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

UPDATE:

Grassley is now offering Ford a Wednesday hearing, questioning by a female lawyer and naturally, Kavanaugh follows after he hears her accusations.

The deadline is now 10:PM tonight.  No deal and they vote on Monday!

volfan
Freshman Silent
13.2  volfan  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    6 years ago

YES!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    6 years ago

Sounds like the GOP just lost Senator Collins' vote, thanks to Trump's misogynistic attempts today at slut-shaming.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Skrekk @14.1    6 years ago

Susan Collins is not a Democrat. She's not going to punish an innocent person for the acts of another.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @14.1    6 years ago

Just because she didn't like what Trump tweeted or says has nothing to do with the veracity of Ford's accusations.

She is a smart woman, one who hopefully listen to the testimony and make an informed decision, instead of getting hysterical over some tweet.

Surely you remember some sane people acting in this manner--the Democratic Party used to have some of their own!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1.3  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.2    6 years ago
Just because she didn't like what Trump tweeted or says has nothing to do with the veracity of Ford's accusations.

She sure didn't seem pleased with all the slut-shaming and denigrating of the victim of a sexual assault which conservative men are engaging in.   I also doubt she's thrilled to hear about the death threats Ford received.

So it'll be interesting to see if she sides with a very credible sexual assault victim or the good old boy who trivialize rape.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @14.1.3    6 years ago

Credible?

Are you freaking kidding me?

No date, no address, no knowledge of how she got there, no police report, no telling her friends at the time, no nothing except her word that she was assaulted.

That isn't proof to anyone remotely familiar with how the criminal justice system works here.

And whatever Trump tweets or says doesn't have a damned thing to do with her story, or Kavanaugh's denial of her accusations.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.4    6 years ago
No date, no address, no knowledge of how she got there, no police report, no telling her friends at the time, no nothing except her word that she was assaulted.

All of which is very typical for cases of sexual assault.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @14.1.5    6 years ago

Sorry, but "typical" means squat. I want proof.

And proof means PROOF, not "she says".

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1.8  Skrekk  replied to  XDm9mm @14.1.7    6 years ago
So, you're claiming that a "victim" can't remember the date of an assault, or the place of an assault, but can remember it was at a party?

That's what PTSD does to a sexual assault victim.

Maybe you should learn something about the topic before you comment?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1.10  Skrekk  replied to  XDm9mm @14.1.9    6 years ago
OK...   the victim remembers everything except the facts.

Sometimes they just remember specific details like what the person smelled like or the color of the rapist's shirt.    In any event it's not at all surprising that she doesn't remember peripheral details, nor is it a surprise that she didn't tell anyone for many years.     However the fact that you try to discredit her is both rather typical and revealing of your complete lack of awareness of what sexual assault victims experience.

No wonder so few rape victims ever report it.

volfan
Freshman Silent
14.1.11  volfan  replied to  Skrekk @14.1.10    6 years ago

As a woman personally and as one who has dealings with the the trauma of sexual abuse of others quite often, I can tell you they remember details and a lot of details. She remembers none, which is almost unheard of in my experience...for that reason and alot of others, I just don't believe her, at all.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
14.1.12  Skrekk  replied to  volfan @14.1.11    6 years ago

Sex assault prosecutors vehemently disagree with you, as I suspect would most victims of a childhood sexual assault who are now adults.   And Ford remembers the details of the assault just not irrelevant peripheral details.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
15  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

This is how a Senator who is an adult acts:

Despite the fact that the July 30th letter remains hidden, my committee has been investigating the allegations and has heard from multiple witnesses since Sunday. Ms. Katz has discussed Dr. Ford’s allegations in numerous media interviews and said on TV Monday morning that Dr. Ford wants to share her account with the Senate Judiciary Committee. It’s Friday night and nothing’s been agreed to despite our extensive efforts to make testimony possible,”   Grassley said.   “I’m extending the deadline for response yet again to 10 o’clock this evening. I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify. In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony. We cannot continue to delay...”

Consistent with our sincere desire to hear Dr. Ford’s testimony in her preferred setting—while, at the same time, respecting fundamental notions of due process and Committee practice—we are willing to meet you halfway. You demanded that we not hold the hearing on Monday because Dr. Ford needs time to prepare her testimony. B ecause Dr. Ford’s testimony will concern only her personal knowledge of events, events which she already described to the Washington Post, holding a hearing more than one week after she aired these allegations is more than reasonable.  We will nevertheless reschedule the hearing for later in the week, as you requested. The Committee will take Dr. Ford’s and Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony on Wednesday, September 26. 

We deplore that Dr. Ford has faced serious threats and harassment over the past week, and we will make every effort to guarantee her safety. At the same time, Judge Kavanaugh and his family, including his two young daughters, have also faced serious death threats and vicious assaults as a result of these allegations. And they’re getting worse each day. Judge Kavanaugh unequivocally and categorically denied these allegations. He was willing to testify last week after the allegations were made publicly, and he already accepted our invitation to testify on Monday. It is not fair to him or to his family to allow this situation to continue without a resolution and without an opportunity for him to clear his name. Holding the hearing on Wednesday honors your request for a later hearing date while recognizing that Judge Kavanaugh is entitled to due process. It is the fairest option for both parties.

volfan
Freshman Silent
15.1  volfan  replied to  Sean Treacy @15    6 years ago

Sounds very reasonable to me.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
15.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  volfan @15.1    6 years ago

She's not done weaseling yet. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
15.1.2  volfan  replied to  Cerenkov @15.1.1    6 years ago

as the weasel turns...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.2  Skrekk  replied to  Sean Treacy @15    6 years ago
[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @15    6 years ago

How generous and reasonable! Who can have a problem with that? 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
16  Cerenkov    6 years ago

Trump may be crude and impolitic but it's the Democratic party that is fundamentally undermining governance and the rule of law. Trump is just an excuse to allow them to unveil their contempt for the electorate and decency. I'm not confident the we will be able to recover from their actions without an appalling (to us only) level of violence and anarchy.

volfan
Freshman Silent
16.1  volfan  replied to  Cerenkov @16    6 years ago
Trump may be crude and impolitic

He does some cringe worthy stuff, that's for sure...but he has done what he said he would...or at least tried.

I'm not confident the we will be able to recover from their actions without an appalling (to us only) level of violence and anarchy.

I fear you may be right...especially those out and out advocating violence and some of our "esteemed" members of Congress are happily pouring gasoline on the fire....disgusting.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
16.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  volfan @16.1    6 years ago

Party over nation. The Democrats are disgusting. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
16.2  Tacos!  replied to  Cerenkov @16    6 years ago
it's the Democratic party that is fundamentally undermining governance and the rule of law

Not only that, they betrayed this woman. She went to them with information she thought would be good for the country, begged them for confidentiality, and they refused to oblige her. They could have easily started an investigation without exposing her, but instead they chose not to investigate her claims at all, and then used her as a political tool only. Then they have the ironic gall to accuse Republicans of being insensitive to her and ignoring her voice.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
18  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

UPDATE:

"N early two hours after a deadline set by Chairman Chuck Grassley expired Friday night, the Iowa Republican tweeted that he'd "just granted another extension" for Christine Blasey Ford to agree to terms for telling his panel and a captivated nation about her allegation. He provided no details of the extension, and participants from both sides didn't immediately return messages requesting clarification."

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
18.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Vic Eldred @18    6 years ago

More weaseling as expected. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
18.2  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @18    6 years ago

Nice to see that Grassley hired a guy who was previously fired for sexual harassment to be the committee's spokesman.   Seems like the GOP has no vetting ability whatsoever.    Or their ethics are seriously twisted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @18.2    6 years ago

Man, that SURE does relate to Ford SOMEHOW, right?

Care to share how THAT is relevant to this topic, or just driving by?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
18.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @18.2.1    6 years ago
Care to share how THAT is relevant to this topic

You mean that an elderly misogynist would hire a younger misogynist as the spokesman for the committee he chairs?

Seems a bit awkward in this case but at least he's been fired again now that it's become public knowledge.    Maybe Grassley can hire Fat Albert as his spokesman next.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

UPDATE:

Ford has again said she would appear but has reverted back to a time of her choosing and a rejection of all the terms the Committee set. So here we are again, with new demands on top of demands. How long is Grassley going to allow this nonsense to go on?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
19.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @19    6 years ago

It's amusing to see the Dem outlets claim she's agreed to testify.

She agreed to keep negotiating. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
19.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @19.1    6 years ago
It's amusing to see the Dem outlets claim she's agreed to testify. She agreed to keep negotiating. 

Exactly. If you want your story to come out, why do you care who is asking the questions? Why do you care who else might speak? Why do you care when they speak? These are the demands of someone who has a narrative to disseminate and wants to control the information. It's not the behavior of someone who just wants the truth to come out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @19.1    6 years ago
She agreed to keep negotiating. 

It's so damn obvious what they are doing. These idiots think that this lying activist is actually going to look people in the eye and tell everyone what supposedly happened. Meanwhile Kavanaugh is sitting on the shelf not knowing when he will be able to respond, his wife & children listening to all this outrageous bull shit. Any woman who dosen't see this scam for what it is, is going to vote for the liberals anyway. The vast majority of women are smarter than that. 

This nonsense has to end. Grassley has to have a vote THIS COMING WEEK!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
20  Mark in Wyoming     6 years ago

Its only sat, he has the weekend to decide on what his next statement and decision is as cmte chair , since he controls the when of cmte meetings , he should say she has a specific date at a specific hr to show up and give her testimony and be done with it , if she disagrees , move on to the next thing on the list ,if she doesn't take the opertunity , that's on her.

I am surprised she hasn't asked for a bowl of M&Ms with no green ones in the bowl like a rock band I heard of.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
20.1  Skrekk  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @20    6 years ago

I wonder where Grassley is going to find another misogynist to be his spokesman on such short notice.     Oh wait.....he's got an entire party to find one who'd be more than happy to demonize a sexual assault victim.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
20.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Skrekk @20.1    6 years ago

I take it you hit the wrong reply button and that was not meant for me but others . 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
20.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @20.1.1    6 years ago

No, that was for you.   As you noted it's the weekend .......suddenly Grassley is without a misogynistic spokesman since he was forced to can the last one.   On such short notice where's he going to find another misogynistic dimwit to be the committee's spokesman, especially now that Ford has agreed to appear before the committee on Wednesday or Thursday?

I guess they do have an enormous pool of dick-headed and bigoted white Republican men to choose from, but 4 days is short notice.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
20.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Skrekk @20.1.2    6 years ago

LMAOROTF, and you expect me to have an answer that you obviously already answered yourself?.

[Deleted]

I need to start practicing DNFTT again I guess.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
22  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Senator Hatch Office Retweeted Chad Pergram

"Worth noting that this is exactly where we were on Monday morning— without agreeing to a date, time, and terms we are no closer to hearing from Dr Ford then we were when her lawyers said Dr. Ford was willing to testify during their media tour 6 days ago "