╌>

Sex, gender two different things – a 'foundational lie'

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  6 years ago  •  186 comments

Sex, gender two different things – a 'foundational lie'
The lie is that people have sex and that they have something else called gender," she begins. "That's the foundational lie – and Dr. Rafferty is the author of the American Academy of Pediatrics' pro-transgender policy statement that was just torn to shreds by an openly gay psychologist who looked at the AAP's policy statement, authored by Dr. Rafferty, and pulled all the references." According to Cretella, the references that Rafferty cites for the AAP do not support the claims that he makes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Anatomy at birth may prompt attending physicians or nurses to check the "male" or "female" box on a birth certificate, but according to The Associated Press , sex and gender aren't always the same thing.

On Sunday, The New York Times reported the Trump administration is considering rolling back the Obama-era expansion of Title IX – a move that essentially redefined the word "sex" in the statute that bans sex discrimination in education programs that receive federal funding. LGBTQA groups decried the proposed rollback, believing it's a violation of their civil rights.

What's your reaction to the term 'gender identity'?

In a follow-up report published on Tuesday, AP asked the following question of Dr. Jason Rafferty of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Aren't sex and gender interchangeable terms?

"Sex typically refers to anatomy while gender goes beyond biology," Rafferty told The Associated Press . "Gender identity is more an inner sense of being male, female or somewhere in between – regardless of physical anatomy. It may be influenced by genetics and other factors, but it's more about the brain than the sex organs."

According to Rafferty, transgender is a term "accepted across science and medical groups" to mean people whose gender identity doesn't match what Rafferty calls their "sex assigned at birth."

OneNewsNow spoke with Dr. Michelle Cretella, executive director of the American College of Pediatricians , who sees things differently.

"The lie is that people have sex and that they have something else called gender," she begins. "That's the foundational lie – and Dr. Rafferty is the author of the American Academy of Pediatrics' pro-transgender policy statement that was just torn to shreds by an openly gay psychologist who looked at the AAP's policy statement, authored by Dr. Rafferty, and pulled all the references."

According to Cretella, the references that Rafferty cites for the AAP do not support the claims that he makes.

"He claims, and the AAP claims, that every child – regardless of how young – must be accepted for whatever gender identity they declare and that we need to go ahead and raise them as the opposite sex, whether they are two or sixteen or eighteen," she continues. "That is demonstrably false [and] that's what the AP story is basing their so-called science on."

The truth, says Dr. Cretella, is that every human being is conceived with a biological sex, which is determined by an individual's DNA alone.

"Our identity, our self-awareness of being male or female, is something that is learned, and it develops over time," she adds. "It is not until the child is seven years old that a child's brain is capable of understanding that sex does not change when you change your appearance. That is the science ... the psychological science, the neurological science ... that the transgender activists – including the transgender activists who wear white coats and stethoscopes – are ignoring."

Enough with the madness

As for the Trump administration's possible "rolling back" of the Obama-era expansion of Title IX, it was never a change in the law – as implied by the reaction and protests of LGBTQ activists.

In 2010 the Obama administration wrote a letter that added "non-conforming genders" to the Title IX civil rights law passed in 1972, redefining the concept throughout the entire federal bureaucracy. A memo from the Department of Health and Human Services, referenced in Sunday's New York Times article , would simply put the original, scientific definition back. As columnist David French writes , the proposal would be simply "applying conventional rules of statutory construction to correct at Obama administration overreach."

American Family Association 's Sandy Rios says the madness has gone far enough. "We've allowed that to happen because we have not spoken back firmly and said, No – this is biology. This is the way God designed things ," she exclaims.

But she contends there are signs many Americans are ready to stand up to those who continue to peddle the "gender identity" lie.

"I think that's one of the biggest reasons why President Trump has taken the imagination of the American people, because he's willing to say the things that the American people have been afraid to say," she shares.

The Times reports the HHS memo was drafted and has been circulating since last spring.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“As columnist David French writes, the proposal would be simply "applying conventional rules of statutory construction to correct at Obama administration overreach."

sandyrios.pngAmerican Family Association's Sandy Rios says the madness has gone far enough. "We've allowed that to happen because we have not spoken back firmly and said, No – this is biology. This is the way God designed things," she exclaims.

But she contends there are signs many Americans are ready to stand up to those who continue to peddle the "gender identity" lie.

"I think that's one of the biggest reasons why President Trump has taken the imagination of the American people, because he's willing to say the things that the American people have been afraid to say,"          https://www.onenewsnow.com/science-tech

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

FYI, the "American College of Pediatricians" and the AFA are both anti-LGBT hate groups based in primitive superstitions, they're not medical organizations of any kind.   They don't conduct, fund or publish any peer-reviewed research on any topic.

Their loony and bigoted views are ignored by the scientific and medical communities, just like the racist and homophobic views of the KKK are ignored.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.1    6 years ago
https://www.aap.org/en-us/Pages/Default.aspx

The American Academy of Pediatrics is dedicated to the health of all children.

https://www.healthychildren.org/english

The AAP recommends the flu shot as the best choice for children for 2018-2019.

pediatrics.aappublications.org

News about American Academy Of Pediatrics
bing.com/news

Families applaud the American Academy of Pediatrics for its new guide on caring for transgender children
When the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) came out with its first policy statement on the treatment of transgender and gender-diverse youth, Mimi Le…
ABC News · 3d

Tell us some more stories!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    6 years ago

I think you saw a temporary typo.   It's the "American College of Pediatricians" and the AFA which are hate groups, not the AAP.

The actual medical organization known as the " American Academy of Pediatrics" is entirely opposed to the transphobic and completely ignorant comments which you and the seeder have made here.    In fact as the seeded article itself notes,

According to Cretella, the references that Rafferty cites for the AAP do not support the claims that he makes.

In other words the seed itself debunks the bigoted and ignorant claims made here by transphobes like Rafferty and the seeder.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

The Trump administration is moving forward with efforts to define gender on the basis of biological sex, reversing decisions under the Obama administration that essentially allowed individuals to choose their own sex for federal government purposes. A new memo from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services argues federal agencies need a definition of sex and gender that is defined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.”

The changes are to take place under Title IX section of a 1972 law that bars sex-based discrimination in federally funded education institutions, but could have far broader implications, in areas such as single sex settings and set aside programs.

Progressives are predictably outraged by the fact that the Trump administration will no longer allow pseudoscience to define the words “man” and “woman,” but this is a common-sense move that will help the government better protect women’s rights.....     https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/22/the-trump-administration-is-right-to-define-gender-biologically/

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    6 years ago

Title IX prohibited discrimination based on sex. If Congress wants to do something to protect against discrimination based on something else, that's fine. They can write that law. I know Congress can be depressingly inefficient, but it's not up to the White House to change the meanings of words and sabotage the intent of a good law.

If the law is changed to include the same protections based on things like gender identity, perceived gender roles, or even sex reassignment surgery, it jeopardizes the mission of Title IX, which was put in place to protect a population (i.e. half the human race) that needed the protection because of their physiology.

Once upon a time, women and girls didn't have the same opportunities as men and boys to play sports because they simply lacked the physical development to make the team. Now, girls and women routinely enjoy the benefits of participating in competitive sports. That goes away if we allow biological males to participate as females. There's nothing wrong with seeking an appropriate accommodation, but it's not fair to allow someone who wields the advantages of developing as a male to compete against females.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3    6 years ago

All that’s happening here is that the Trump Administration is simply rolling back some rules and regulations that the Obama regime put in place to where it was before he made the changes he made.  

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    6 years ago
All that’s happening here is that the Trump Administration is simply rolling back some rules and regulations that the Obama regime put in place to where it was before he made the changes he made.  

What is the goal of rolling back legal protections, unless conservatives don't believe that these people don't deserve to be protected from being discriminated against or attacked? What happened to the idea of do unto others as you would have done to you?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @3.2.1    6 years ago

The protections were overly broad and unilaterally imposed without input from Congress.  If Congress wants to revisit once Obama’s impact has been erased, that’s its prerogative.  

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.3  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.2    6 years ago
The protections were overly broad and unilaterally imposed without input from Congress.  If Congress wants to revisit once Obama’s impact has been erased, that’s its prerogative.

Why shouldn't they be protected because they are the victims of violent crime far more than average? Does their existence violate your religious beliefs?

Studies show that transgender women are disproportionately likely to be victims of violent crime, not just in Jacksonville, but nationwide. Yet most local law enforcement agencies persist in handling these cases much like the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, or JSO.

The transgender community has a word for calling a trans person by the name they no longer use, one that conveys a double meaning when it involves murder. It’s known as “deadnaming.”

Across the nation, ProPublica found, some 65 different law enforcement agencies have investigated murders of transgender people since Jan. 1, 2015. And in 74 of 85 cases, victims were identified by names or genders they had abandoned in their daily lives. Our survey found that arrests have been made in 55 percent of the killings of transgender people nationwide in the last three and a half years. The overall clearance rate for murders in the US is only slightly higher, at 59 percent.

epistte
Junior Guide
4  epistte    6 years ago

Sex is the physical act of mating.

Gender is the physical male or female of the body

Gender identity is the innate male or female of the person's brain as they see themselves. 

Sandy Rio is a religious wackadoodle,

In 2015, she publicly claimed the sexual orientation of an AMTRAK engineer on duty during the 2015 Philadelphia train derailment was a possible factor in the crash.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @4    6 years ago
Sex is the physical act of mating.

Gender is the physical male or female of the body

Gender identity is the innate male or female of the person's brain as they see themselves.

Careful: you might confuse those who think it's all the same thing.

Sandy Rio is a religious wackadoodle,

That says it all right there.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.1  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1    6 years ago
Careful: you might confuse those who think it's all the same thing.

This is one of the most discussed subjects on this forum and on the former Newsvine, but there are still more than a few people who would lose a debate about gender identity to a brick.  We have tried to educate them on the basics of the subject but when their mind refuses to put aside emotions, religious beliefs and unsupported opinions, you can only do so much.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @4.1.1    6 years ago
We have tried to educate them on the basics of the subject but when their mind refuses to put aside emotions, religious beliefs and unsupported opinions, you can only do so much.

Some people just refuse to learn or prefer to be willfully ignorant. I just cannot comprehend such a mindset.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.3  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.2    6 years ago
Some people just refuse to learn or prefer to be willfully ignorant. I just cannot comprehend such a mindset.

I can only imagine that when they learn something new they must be able to change and adapt to the new information. Some people feel threatened by change and cannot adapt.  Change is very threatening to some people, especially when their life is built around a religious belief. 

I get bored if I don't learn something every day because I know that despite what I have learned in the past that there is a lot more that remains to learn.

I love this meme,

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @4.1.3    6 years ago
Change is very threatening to some people, especially when their life is built around a religious belief. 

This is true. Some people prefer belief over fact and staunchly resist any change.

I get bored if I don't learn something every day because I know that despite what I have learned in the past that there is a lot more that remains to learn.

I'm the same way. Failure or refusal to learn anything new only makes one mentally stagnant and/or ignorant.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.5  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.4    6 years ago

I'm the same way. Failure or refusal to learn anything new only makes one mentally stagnant and/or ignorant.

I feel like that almost every day, despite spending an hour a day reading and learning. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @4.1.5    6 years ago
I feel like that almost every day, despite spending an hour a day reading and learning. 

I feel your pain. jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.7  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.6    6 years ago
I feel your pain.

I knew that I could count on you. I wonder where Shrekk is because he knows even more about this subject than I do.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @4.1.7    6 years ago
I knew that I could count on you.

Always! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

I wonder where Shrekk is because he knows even more about this subject than I do.

I don't know. I haven't seen him around in a while.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.9  Skrekk  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.8    6 years ago

I've been at a site where I can't use the internet.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.10  Gordy327  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.9    6 years ago
I've been at a site where I can't use the internet.

Ah, I see. It's good to see you though. You are sorely missed when you're not here. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.11  Skrekk  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.10    6 years ago

Thanks, it's been a real pain in the butt.   Until yesterday I've only had enough downtime when I'm off-base to catch up on the work stuff I have to do.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4    6 years ago

I guess mirrors are out of the question ?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.1  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    6 years ago
I guess mirrors are out of the question ?

A transgendered person has a biological gender that is out of line with their psychological gender identity. Why are you attempting to discuss a subject if you don't understand the basic concept? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    6 years ago

Wouldn't logic tell them that if they have a penis, they are male?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

Biologically.    Except, however, for the mental aspects.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.4  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

That is the psychological conundrum of being transgendered. Their physical body doesn't align with their psychological gender identity (who they see themselves as) Imagine feeling like a woman but seeing that you have a penis. 

Before you ask. They aren't delusional because the medications to treaty delusions disorders don't work.

The next question is why do you think that you get to inject your beliefs into the medial decisions of others and why do you want to? Do you feel threatened by trans people? Can they inject their opinions into your medical decisions, or is this a one-way street?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.4    6 years ago
The next question is why do you think that you get to inject your beliefs into the medial decisions of others and why do you want to? Do you feel threatened by trans people? Can they inject their opinions into your medical decisions, or is this a one-way street?

Please point out where I have made any suggestions that someone should follow my beliefs in the medical decisions of others. Since we both already know you can't, let's just call it what it is: you don't like "my beliefs" so you want to argue what you THINK I wrote instead of what I DID write.

Facts, logic, and reasoning are all fair points to consider here. Isn't there a chance that because the numbers of transgenders are so low in relation to the overall population, perhaps their brain is what is wrong here?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.6  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.5    6 years ago
Please point out where I have made any suggestions that someone should follow my beliefs in the medical decisions of others. Since we both already know you can't, let's just call it what it is: you don't like "my beliefs" so you want to argue what you THINK I wrote instead of what I DID write. Facts, logic, and reasoning are all fair points to consider here. Isn't there a chance that because the numbers of transgenders are so low in relation to the overall population, perhaps their brain is what is wrong here?

Why are you trying to inject your beliefs into their lives and intimate medical decisions by supporting the government repealing equal rights protections that they rely on to survive?  You seem to lack the knowledge to understand or even the will to educate yourself about gender identity, but you have no trouble forming opinions about them, despite that lack of knowledge.

Medical science can prove that the gender of their brain is at odds with their physical gender via MRIs.   Our brains do have a male and female physical gender.  A person's sexual orientation can also be seen on an MRI because there is a structure at the base of the brain that is larger in males than in females, so in homosexual guys it is simialir in size and shape to a hetero female. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.6    6 years ago
Why are you trying to inject your beliefs into their lives and intimate medical decisions by supporting the government repealing equal rights protections that they rely on to survive? You seem to lack the knowledge to understand or even the will to educate yourself about gender identity, but you have no trouble forming opinions about them, despite that lack of knowledge

Look, I get it already. You can't find fault with my actual argument, so you keep inventing things you think I have written or meant.

Please do show where I ever even told you what my beliefs on this matter are, and on transgenderism in general. Then show where I injected them here.

Sex is "assigned" long before birth. So there goes claims about the sex they were "assigned" at birth.

Reason and fact will tell you by simply looking that if a person has a penis, they are a male. They may well "feel" like a woman, but the fact is they are male. Now, personally, and despite what you "think" I meant or think, I don't give a rat's ass if someone is male or female. Not my circus, not my monkeys. I DO believe that a person ought to compete in sports as the sex they were born. Otherwise, just have everyone compete together in everything. Just don't come crying later claiming it is unfair to one sex or another. Males with males, females with females, or everybody together. Sounds fair to me.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.8  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.7    6 years ago
Look, I get it already. You can't find fault with my actual argument, so you keep inventing things you think I have written or meant.

Please do show where I ever even told you what my beliefs on this matter are, and on transgenderism in general. Then show where I injected them here.

Sex is "assigned" long before birth. So there goes claims about the sex they were "assigned" at birth.

The assigned sex determination was based on either DNA or their external genitalia when they were born, both of which ignore psychological gender identity.

Their assigned physical sex at birth ignores their psychological gender identity that is more more important in determining who they are. You cannot change the psychological gender identity so medical science treats the condition by changing the body to match the brain as much as possible. The DNA cannot be changed but it is irrelevant in daily life, especially to how others see them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.8    6 years ago

It is illogical to think you a woman if you are a man. That is not rational.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.10  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    6 years ago

Humans are more than our physical body.  Do you know more than MDs and Ph.Ds about this subject? Do you have a similar opinion of people who are gay?  Is it also irrational that they are attracted to people of the same biological gender?

You seem quite obsessed about human sexuality for someone who appears to know so little about the subject. Maybe you should learn about it before you begin to make sweeping judgments about others. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.10    6 years ago
You seem quite obsessed about human sexuality for someone who appears to know so little about the subject. Maybe you should learn about it before you begin to make sweeping judgments about others.

Please do quote me on my sweeping judgments about others. Or is it just you have no other arguments?

Humans are more than our physical body.

According to some, the physical body is ALL we are.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.12  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @4.2.10    6 years ago
Is it also irrational that they are attracted to people of the same biological gender?

Yep! Just like is irrational to  be attracted to children and animals. 

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.13  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.11    6 years ago
Please do quote me on my sweeping judgments about others. Or is it just you have no other arguments?

I have possibly posted more in this thread than Jeffersonxxx-Palin-Nebraska so I have a very sound argument on the issue of gender identity.  You have made broad sweeping claims that they are irrational or just stupid because they don't know what gender they are. Trans people know what gender they are but that gender is not the same as their biological body.  

According to some, the physical body is ALL we are.

There is a very obvious reply to this statement but I will leave it unsaid because it would be a borderline Coc violation if not an outright TOS ticket.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.14  epistte  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.12    6 years ago

Why are you trying to link trans people to pedophiles and bestiality? 

Pedophilia and bestiality are criminal unequal relationships with children and animals. What is your opposition to someone needing to correct a birth disorder of the psychological gender identity and their biology gender being incongruent?  Does it bother you that transgendered people exist?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.13    6 years ago
I have possibly posted more in this thread than Jeffersonxxx-Palin-Nebraska so I have a very sound argument on the issue of gender identity. You have made broad sweeping claims that they are irrational or just stupid because they don't know what gender they are. Trans people know what gender they are but that gender is not the same as their biological body.

Quote my broad sweeping claims, as I have asked you to do every time you make the outlandish claim.

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.15    6 years ago

You should ask for an impasse if you feel you are not being responded to regarding what you really posted....imo.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.16    6 years ago

I don't like arguing against people who put words in my mouth and then run when called out on it.

It's dishonest.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.18  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.17    6 years ago
I don't like arguing against people who put words in my mouth and then run when called out on it. It's dishonest.

I'm not putting words in your mouth and I'm certainly not running away. 

Do you want to deny that you claimed that trans people are irrational?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.18    6 years ago

You have been unable or unwilling to corroborate your claims about me. Despite my requests which you conveniently ignore.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.20  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.19    6 years ago

I quoted your in post 4.2.18.  You wrote that statement in 4.2.9. You made similar claims in 4.2.7.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.21  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @4.2.14    6 years ago
Why are you trying to link trans people to pedophiles and bestiality? 

Just covering all the bases. There are those that think one or both of those activities are normal. 

criminal

Homosexuality used to be a criminal act at one time also and still is in some .

Of course you probably think the white woman who says she is black is rational too. (I am having a senior moment and for the life of me can not remember her name)  There was a guy in I think it was San Diego that thought he was a cat was he rational too? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.18    6 years ago

would it be rational for a 400-lb. person to consider themselves underweight?

And please, people can be irrational in some ways in their lives and rational in others.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.23  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @4.2.14    6 years ago
psychological gender identity

So you admit they gave a mental disorder. 

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.24  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.22    6 years ago
would it be rational for a 400-lb. person to consider themselves underweight? And please, people can be irrational in some ways in their lives and rational in others.

Trans people are not irrational. They are screened for mental illness at the start of the process. 

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.25  epistte  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.23    6 years ago
So you admit they gave a mental disorder. 

No they don't have a mental disorder. Their psychological gender is at odds with their physical biology.

If you know so much about human sexuality and gender then how would you treat this situation Dr Arkpdx?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.24    6 years ago

Do you consider it irrational to see a person with a penis and to call them a male?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.27  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.22    6 years ago

would it be rational for a 400-lb. person to consider themselves underweight?

Not even if they are a Sumo wrestler. That sounds like body dimorphic disorder.

And please, people can be irrational in some ways in their lives and rational in others.

You have yet to prove that transgendered people are irrational.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.28  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.26    6 years ago
Do you consider it irrational to see a person with a penis and to call them a male?

Do you often look at a person's genitals when you meet them? Are there nudist colonies in Texas?  I cannot see their psychological gender identity, so that is not something that I think much about.  We tend to gender someone by how they present themselves instead of by their primary or secondary sexual characteristics that we cannot see. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.28    6 years ago

Nice deflection.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.30  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.29    6 years ago
Nice deflection.

You cannot see a person's psychological gender identity that is central to this discussion, so your question is irrelevant. Most people are not trans, but there is a +/-1% of the population that is trans.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.31  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.17    6 years ago
arguing against people who put words in my mouth and then run when called out on it. It's dishonest.

In my opinion, it's bullying, too.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.32  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.31    6 years ago
In my opinion, it's bullying, too.

I didn't put words in his mouth.  I sourced every one of those claims from his replies.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.33  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.2.32    6 years ago
I didn't put words in his mouth.  I sourced every one of those claims from his replies.

You claimed he wanted to inject his beliefs into the medical decisions of others. He never said he had any interest in involving himself in someone else's medical issues. He didn't say anything like that. Then he asked you to quote where he had said that and you still haven't done it - because he never said it.

All he did was ask a very general, very reasonable question about transgenderism. In fact, it's the obvious question: i.e. "isn't it logical to assume that a person is male if they have a penis?" And of course the answer is "yes, it is logical." It's not reasonable to get all offended by that. From there, we can say that even though it's logical, it's not the end of the story. Reasonable people can explore the issue of gender dysphoria without freaking out., but you don't seem to be interested in that. You're just interested in shaming him for not being as "woke" as you.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.34  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.33    6 years ago

I'm not freaking out, despite your claims.

The fact that a person was born with a penis or a uterus does not conclusively determine their gender identity.  You are the one who seems to have a problem with the subject.

I'm not shaming anyone for not being "woke".

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.35  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

You'd think. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.36  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.1    6 years ago

gender identity disorder (GID)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.33    6 years ago

Very good and ACCURATE post!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.38  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.33    6 years ago

That the standard MO for some. When you can't argue facts, put words in your opponent's mouth, and when called out on it, deflect.

I guess it lets some "feel" better about themselves and their weak-ass arguments.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.39  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.36    6 years ago
gender identity disorder (GID)

There is a new term for the situation,

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.40  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.39    6 years ago
There is a new term for the situation

I already know that. Wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of the actual "Disordered". That's all it was "Changed' for.

Nothing like changing "one" word to make a "Disorder" acceptable huh !

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.41  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.40    6 years ago
I already know that. Wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of the actual "Disordered". That's all it was "Changed' for. Nothing like changing "one" word to make a "Disorder" acceptable huh !

If you know so much about it why are you posting pedantic replies? 

What is your core opposition to gender identity disorder, if that is what you prefer to call it?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.42  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.38    6 years ago
That the standard MO for some. When you can't argue facts, put words in your opponent's mouth, and when called out on it, deflect. I guess it lets some "feel" better about themselves and their weak-ass arguments.

I haven't seen much in the way of facts from either of you.

and their weak-ass arguments.

Is this the best that you can do?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.43  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.2.34    6 years ago
The fact that a person was born with a penis or a uterus does not conclusively determine their gender identity.

I never said it did. Once again: Reading!

I said it was logical to assume a person with a penis is male. That means biology, not self-identity. For someone who claims to know the topic, you sure don't act like it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.44  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.42    6 years ago

It's as good as it needs to be, and in this case, better than what is deserved.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.45  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.41    6 years ago
if that is what you prefer to call it?

I prefer to call it exactly what it was always called, before the PC movement set.....Gender Identity Disorder (GID)

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.46  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.45    6 years ago
I prefer to call it exactly what it was always called, before the PC movement set.....Gender Identity Disorder (GID)

That is fine with me if that is what it will take to make you happy. Can you accurately describe the med-psych situation in question?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.47  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.43    6 years ago
I said it was logical to assume a person with a penis is male. That means biology, not self-identity. For someone who claims to know the topic, you sure don't act like it.

Our external biology or our DNA does not determine our psychological gender identity because of it did the situation would not exist. The body is controlled by the brain so we must follow the gender identity of the brain. We do not know the persons gender identity at birth so that is what makes the initial decision but the action is not always accurate, so it must be open to change as we gain more information about the person in question. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2.48  Phoenyx13  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.43    6 years ago
I said it was logical to assume a person with a penis is male. That means biology, not self-identity.

so you are assuming biological sex - but the topic is gender ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.49  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.17    6 years ago

True enough.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.50  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.2.47    6 years ago

You're just rambling. That's completely non-responsive to anything I said.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.51  Tacos!  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.48    6 years ago
so you are assuming biological sex - but the topic is gender ?

Your point is not clear to me.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.52  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.50    6 years ago
You're just rambling. That's completely non-responsive to anything I said.

Don't you try to be intellectually dishonest and attempt to misinterpret what I said because you don't have a coherent reply for it. My reply is quite clear and is not different from what I have posted previously   What is your problem with either gender identity or transgendered people in general?  There seems to be something about this situation that greatly bothers you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.53  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.50    6 years ago

Are you surprised?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.54  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.53    6 years ago
Are you surprised?

How is my reply 4.2.47 not clear? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.56  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.54    6 years ago

[deleted]

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.57  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.56    6 years ago
When I wish an answer from you, I will ask you a question.

Why do you think that you can limit who and when someone can respond to you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.58  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.57    6 years ago

I never stated any such nonsense. There you go again---putting words in my mouth and then attempting to argue them.

You can respond to me any old time you want. I will let you know when it is wanted.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.59  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.58    6 years ago
I never stated any such nonsense. There you go again---putting words in my mouth and then attempting to argue them. You can respond to me any old time you want. I will let you know when it is wanted.

Don't be intellectually dishonest.  You previously said that you only want an answer from me when you ask me a question. 

When I wish an answer from you, I will ask you a question.

Note: The post was NOT addressed to you.

I'm still waiting for your evidence that my previous post (4.2.52) was rambling in any way? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.60  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.59    6 years ago

So now you are going to try and tell me what I want, too?

I DO only want an answer from you if I ask you a direct question. It isn't all that hard to understand, really.

I can't stop you from answering, but it damn sure doesn't mean I can't say something if I choose.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.61  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.60    6 years ago
I can't stop you from answering, but it damn sure doesn't mean I can't say something if I choose.

Now you are trying to turn the claim 180°.  This exchange is bordering on the Monty Python "Argument Clinic" skit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.62  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.61    6 years ago

No, I leave that shit to you--you seem quite adept at it.

Just wanted you to know that unless I ask you something, feel free to ignore my comments.

Or not.

I don't give a shit either way, so knock yourself out!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.63  Split Personality  replied to  epistte @4.2.61    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.64  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4.2.61    6 years ago

What fucking "claim"????????????????????????????????????????????

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.65  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.53    6 years ago
Are you surprised?

I suppose not. But a person wishes that people would read and respond to what you actually write rather than just rant whatever their agenda is.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.66  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.2.52    6 years ago
What is your problem with either gender identity or transgendered people in general?  There seems to be something about this situation that greatly bothers you.

Good God, you can really sling the garbage. Do you spend your days hanging on to the back of a truck?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.67  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.65    6 years ago
I suppose not. But a person wishes that people would read and respond to what you actually write rather than just rant whatever their agenda is.

But then how would some of them ever argue anything at all?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.68  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.67    6 years ago

From this point on, Tacos! Epistte and Texan do not talk to each other any further. Only warning. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.70  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.68    6 years ago

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.71  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.70    6 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.72  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.68    6 years ago

I am curious to the reasoning behind a ticket for addressing a comment to you. It was not impolite or hateful or anything---just a question.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.73  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

Sounds like you know virtually nothing about this topic.    That means you're eligible for membership in the ACP hate group.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.74  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.12    6 years ago

Isn't that statement a violation of the ToS?    I'll report it and see if it is.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.75  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.21    6 years ago
Homosexuality used to be a criminal act at one time also and still is in some

It seems that conservatives haven't evolved much on that issue either - they still want homosexuality to be illegal and the national GOP platform still seeks to harm both gay and trans folks.

It's like the world moved forward and left those regressive and bigoted dimwits behind.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.76  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.73    6 years ago

So you think it illogical to believe that people with a penis are males? 

Wow.

There goes your chance at membership in the Klingon Logic Society!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.77  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.76    6 years ago
So you think it illogical to believe that people with a penis are males?

Given that not all such people are male it seems like a rather stupid basis on which to make that presumption, unless of course you're a crotch-grabbing bigot like our Fuhrer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.78  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.77    6 years ago

I cannot believe you willingly live in a country with a Fuhrer.

Me, I wouldn't put up with that shit and I'd fucking move!

Most people would see a person with a penis and tell you that is a male.

Because it is LOGICAL to do so.

Now, if you see a person with a penis and think that it isn't a male, I just can't help you.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.79  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.78    6 years ago

Our Fuhrer left office on Jan. 20, 2017 and his political mistress was denied possession of that rank.  We now have a pro America President of the United States 🇺🇸 of America.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.80  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.79    6 years ago

No, please don't stoop to that level.

We all know that we have Presidents that we elect. 

We may not like all of them, but they are ours.

What I don't get is an idiot who chooses to live under a Fuhrer.

Wouldn't you move?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.81  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.78    6 years ago
Now, if you see a person with a penis and think that it isn't a male, I just can't help you.

This kid has a penis and isn't male , and represents only a very small fraction of the penis-endowed non-males in the country.     Apparently your state didn't teach anything about fetal development when you grew up.

Strange though that you apparently go around grabbing people's crotches to determine their gender.   In the more enlightened states that would constitute a sexual assault.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.82  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.46    6 years ago

You a Med. Doc. or Psych. Professional ? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.83  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.80    6 years ago

I would or I would be a partisan in the paramilitary term and resist for real if it were an actual fuhrer that took office . 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.84  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.82    6 years ago

[deleted]

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.85  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.82    6 years ago
You a Med. Doc. or Psych. Professional ? 

I am a mechanical engineer, so that would be neither of those possible terms. I was assigned to write a 5000-word term paper on the subject in college in lieu of a final exam for a human sexuality class that I took. This was at the time when there was very little information, even in the medical field so I spent time with 2 psychologists and a trans support group to get the source material that I needed.

Do you have any formal knowledge of the subject or are you are a graduate of Fox News U.? Do you know more about this subject than the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association, both groups of which I cited in my replies? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.86  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.85    6 years ago

[deleted]

[derogatory]

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.87  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.86    6 years ago
So you wrote a paper by reading studies "By Others". Big Deal.

Do you understand that my major was not psychology, so obviously I wasn't in the position to do research on the topic of gender identity? Undergrads don't do research. Did you go to college or did your formal education end with your being a homeschool valedictorian? 

On what knowledge you base your beliefs that are in opposition to the medical community? 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.88    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.86    6 years ago
So you wrote a paper by reading studies "By Others". Big Deal.

E.A And need to add that has a long long history of " Not Believing in the Writings of Man"
/(Woman).

Dig Baby Dig!!!  jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.89  epistte  replied to  @4.2.88    6 years ago
E.A And need to add that has a long long history of " Not Believing in the Writings of Man"/(Woman). Dig Baby Dig!!!  

Trans people are proven to exist, unlike your god.

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.90    replied to  epistte @4.2.89    6 years ago
Trans people are proven to exist, unlike your god.

E.A   WOW!!!

You Surprise me!!

[deleted]

What is an Aberration is Genetics?

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.91    replied to  epistte @4.2.89    6 years ago

[deleted]

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.92  epistte  replied to  @4.2.91    6 years ago

removed for context

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.94    replied to  epistte @4.2.92    6 years ago

removed for context.

DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

continue arguments from one article to the next.

This is your only warning, THANKS. [SP]

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.96  epistte  replied to  @4.2.94    6 years ago

Jefferson-XX, why did you vote up a reply that was so aggregious that it was deleted? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.97  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.87    6 years ago
Did you go to college

I have an Engineering …… AND ……. an Architectural lisc.. 

Any other questions.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.98  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.97    6 years ago
I have an Engineering …… AND ……. an Architectural lisc..  Any other questions.

Civil engineer? PE license?

Apparently, you have no knowledge of human sexuality or psychology. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.99  It Is ME  replied to  epistte @4.2.98    6 years ago
Apparently, you have no knowledge of human sexuality or psychology. 

As much as you....the "Mechanical Engineer".....does !

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.100  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.99    6 years ago

Psych' courses were an easy way to boost my GPA because I liked the material.  

What courses did you have that covered this material? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.101  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @4.2.100    6 years ago

Why not discuss the actual issue instead of attacking another members standing to be able to discuss it?  

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.102    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.99    6 years ago

E.A If I may ask::

Is that the same " engineer " that thinks that the OUTSIDE casings of Wells do NOT leak?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.103  It Is ME  replied to  @4.2.102    6 years ago
 Is that the same " engineer " that thinks that the OUTSIDE casings of Wells do NOT leak?

Could be to size an A/C system based on Total S.F., insulation factors and Window UV ratings.

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.104    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.103    6 years ago
Could be to size an A/C system based on Total S.F., insulation factors and Window UV ratings.

E.A    Ahaaa Ahaaa AHHAAAA 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.105  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.101    6 years ago
Why not discuss the actual issue instead of attacking another members standing to be able to discuss it?  

That's okay. Seems "Electives" in school makes one an "Expert". jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.106    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.105    6 years ago
That's okay. Seems "Electives" in school makes one an "Expert". 

E.A   Excuse Me Sir::

Is that the right Spelling??

Or is it Ex Spert?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.107  It Is ME  replied to  @4.2.106    6 years ago

Not sure....will have to "Fact Check" that. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.108    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.107    6 years ago
Not sure....will have to "Fact Check" that. 

E.A Please for THIS is of Immense Interest to the " Pu Blic "

Merijanetitsucking inclusive!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.109  It Is ME  replied to  @4.2.108    6 years ago
E.A Please for THIS is of Immense Interest to the " Pu Blic "

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.110  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.101    6 years ago

I was discussing the thread subject.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.111  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.105    6 years ago
That's okay. Seems "Electives" in school makes one an "Expert".

I never claimed to be an expert.

What formal education do you have of the subject of human sexuality?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.112  epistte  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.103    6 years ago

Did the subject of the discussion change from sex and gender to HVAC design specifcations? 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.113    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.109    6 years ago
to the " Pu Blic "

E.A                                     BINGO!!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.114  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.105    6 years ago

Indeed.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.115    replied to  It Is ME @4.2.45    6 years ago
I prefer to call it exactly what it was always called,

E.A  Do you think that a Pandemic of these  Might help awaken the WORLD to the effects of " Gender Dystopia "??

DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200

Image copyright Reuters
Image caption Medical teams are vaccinating people to help stop the spread of the

virus

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.116    replied to  @4.2.115    6 years ago
Medical teams are

E.A   Link to the Above and:::

More than 200 people have now died in the latest outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to health officials.

About half the victims were from Beni, a city of 800,000 in the North Kivu region, the national health authority said.

A vaccination programme has so far inoculated about 25,000 people.

However, health minister Oly Ilunga said armed rebels were continuing to harass medical teams.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.117  epistte  replied to  @4.2.115    6 years ago
Do you think that a Pandemic of these  Might help awaken the WORLD to the effects of " Gender Dystopia "??

What is gender dystopia and where do they plan to migrate to?

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.118  epistte  replied to  @4.2.108    6 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.119  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @4.2.111    6 years ago

Since when did formal education in one field prevent participation in message board conversation on any other topic outside ones field of study?  

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.120  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.119    6 years ago
Since when did formal education in one field prevent participation in message board conversation on any other topic outside ones field of study?  

If he believes that I am wrong then I'd like to see the facts to support those beliefs. If he knows more than I do on this subject than prove it. I have never claimed to be an expert, but I do understand the ideas put forth by the med/psych community.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.2.121  epistte  replied to  epistte @4.2.118    6 years ago
[deleted]

Perrie, if my reply was judged to be off-topic then the replies at 108, 109, and 113 are equally off-topic.  If those replies get to stand then I would like my reply to be restored.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.122  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @4.2.120    6 years ago

He is right.  What more need be said?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that it is lawful to discriminate against transgender employees based on their gender identity,   according to Bloomberg Law

In a brief to the Supreme Court, the DOJ wrote that federal civil rights law banning sex discrimination in the workplace does not extend to transgender people. 

Now we have a brief by the DOJ. Don't like it?  Write your Congressman. That is supposed to be how it works - through the will of the people!

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    6 years ago
The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that it is lawful to discriminate against transgender employees based on their gender identity,

If you are willing to admit that the actions of the DOJ are discriminatory then how is it legal to do it?  Not only have you stuck your foot in your mouth, but your ankle, knee, and hip as well. You are a yoga guru. 

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.2  epistte  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.1    6 years ago
But what if he just likes to wear yoga pants?

As long as you got the body for it, and shave your legs go for it. I don't want to see a guy in yoga pants that looks like Sasquatch.

For guys, they are called running tights.

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.4  epistte  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.3    6 years ago

Make certain that you are properly attired when you go,

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @5.1    6 years ago

Being discriminatory is not necessarily an illegal act .

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.6  epistte  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.5    6 years ago
Being discriminatory is not necessarily an illegal act .

Please explain.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  epistte @5.1.6    6 years ago

I think he meant indiscriminate.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.8  epistte  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.7    6 years ago

I'm not sure if I am speaking the same language as some people.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @5.1.8    6 years ago
I'm not sure if I am speaking the same language as some people.

You're speaking logically, rationally, and intellectually. Clearly not everyone speaks your language. It's like Latin or Klingon to some.

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.10  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @5.1.9    6 years ago
You're speaking logically, rationally, and intellectually. Clearly not everyone speaks your language. It's like Latin or Klingon to some.

Should I investigate the possibly of a switch to disable my frontal lobe when I reply to conservatives?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1.11  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @5.1.10    6 years ago
Should I investigate the possibly of a switch to disable my frontal lobe when I reply to conservatives?

Nah. You shouldn't have to dumb yourself down. 

epistte
Junior Guide
5.2  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    6 years ago
Now we have a brief by the DOJ. Don't like it?  Write your Congressman. That is supposed to be how it works - through the will of the people!

I shouldn't have to remind you but the rights of a minority are not determined by the approval of the majority. That act is tyranny on the majority and it is the reason why we have the Bill of Rights and the 14th Amendment so that all people enjoy the very same rights, whether they are one of 150 million or 1 person. Racial discrimination laws as well as DOMA laws were the vote of the majority on the rights of a minority and they were also struck down by the courts because they were unequal. The US is not a democracy, but we are a constitutional republic with a Bill of Rights to protect the rights of all people equally.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @5.2    6 years ago
I shouldn't have to remind you but the rights of a minority are not determined by the approval of the majority.

The left always says that when they can't get what they want. When they are on the winning side it is just the opposite and the majority rules. 

epistte
Junior Guide
5.2.2  epistte  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.1    6 years ago
The left always says that when they can't get what they want. When they are on the winning side it is just the opposite and the majority rules. 

The Bill of Rights is proof that they aren't determined by majority consent.  How are you impacted by transgendered equality?

Maybe we should put the 2nd amendment to a popular vote? 

Those in favor of stricter gun legislation outnumber those opposed by a measure of more than two-to-one, according to the poll. Sixty-six percent of respondents said they would support more stringent laws, while just 31% said they would not. That’s the highest favorable percentage ever recorded by a Quinnipiac University National Poll, and a considerable increase from the 47% to 50% split measured in late 2015, according to an announcement from the school released Tuesday. The split, however, was more even among gun owners, with 50% in favor and 44% not, according to the poll.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.3  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.1    6 years ago

Seems like there are a lot of butt-hurt elderly conservative white guys around who can't stand it when minorities get equal rights.

Trump voters say men are discriminated against more than gays, minorities

Nearly half of Trump voters said men face either “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of discrimination in America today.

People who voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election believe men are discriminated against more than LGBTQ people, women and most ethnic minorities, according to a new poll conducted by YouGov and The Economist.

The survey asked 1,500 adults across the U.S. a series of questions on topics ranging from politics to baseball from Oct. 14 to Oct. 16. One question asked, “How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?” Respondents were then presented with a list of different demographic groups and could choose “none at all,” “not much,” a fair amount” or “a great deal.”

Of those who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, only 11 percent said men face discrimination in the U.S. The vast majority of Clinton voters said LGBTQ people (92 percent), Arab-Americans (91 percent), African-Americans (90 percent), Mexican-Americans (90 percent), women (88 percent), Muslims (95 percent) and immigrants (92) face either “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of discrimination.

In reaction to the responses from Trump voters regarding discrimination, Zeke Stokes, the vice president of programs at GLAAD, a nationwide LGBTQ advocacy group, took aim at the president.

“Since taking office, President Trump has been the bully-in-chief, with egregious attacks including ongoing efforts to ban transgender soldiers from openly serving in the military and revoking nondiscrimination protections for transgender youths at school .”

Transgender people are particularly susceptible to discrimination, harassment and violence, according to the National Center for Transgender Equality. The organization's U.S. Transgender Survey, released in December 2016, found 46 percent of transgender respondents were verbally harassed in the previous year due to their gender identity, and 10 percent were physically attacked during that time period.

Forty-nine percent of Trump voters surveyed said men face either “a great deal” (18 percent) or “a fair amount” (31 percent) of discrimination in America today. By contrast, this same group found 41 percent of LGBTQ people, 30 percent of women, 38 percent of African-Americans and 42 percent of Mexican-Americans faced either “a great deal” or a “fair amount” of discrimination.

LOL.    Those butt-hurt whiny conservatives must be the dumbest and most self-centered people on the planet.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    6 years ago
In a brief to the Supreme Court, the DOJ wrote that federal civil rights law banning sex discrimination in the workplace does not extend to transgender people. 

Yes, and not to long ago there was no law banning discrimination against black Americans in the workplace. We made some progress, sadly this administration is taking us backwards repealing law abiding tax paying American citizens freedoms. This should make anyone who cherishes their own freedom and security from being discriminated against in the workplace very sad.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6  Phoenyx13    6 years ago
The truth, says Dr. Cretella, is that every human being is conceived with a biological sex, which is determined by an individual's DNA alone.

ah.. so someone please define what Gender Identity is .

Plus.. i'm not shocked that the seeder supports a group like American College of Pediatricians :

Some scientists have voiced concerns that ACPeds mischaracterized or misused their work to advance its political agenda. [2] [9]  Gary Remafedi, a pediatrician at the  University of Minnesota , wrote ACPeds a public letter accusing them of fundamentally mischaracterizing his research in their publications to argue that schools should deny support to gay teenagers.  Francis Collins , a geneticist and director of the U.S.  National Institutes of Health  (NIH), issued a statement through the NIH accusing the ACPeds of misleading children and parents on its Facts About Youth website. [9]   Warren Throckmorton , a therapist who specializes in sexual orientation issues, similarly stated that his research had been misused, saying of ACPeds: "They say they're impartial and not motivated by political or religious concerns, but if you look at who they're affiliated with and how they're using the research, that's just obviously not true." [2] In an  amicus brief  regarding the removal of a child from the foster home of a same sex couple (Kutil and Hess v West Virginia) the  National Association of Social Workers  (NASW) described ACPeds as a "small and marginal group" which was "out of step with the research-based position of the AAP and other medical and child welfare authorities." [5]

epistte
Junior Guide
6.1  epistte  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6    6 years ago

These homophobic groups are never truthful about who they are and what their religious agenda is, despite the Bible demanding that Christians are not to bear false witness. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6    6 years ago

ACP is right on.  They are the go to group on pediatric issues.  AAP is a misguided pc organization.  The American College of Pediatricians are a great American organization. 

epistte
Junior Guide
6.2.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    6 years ago
ACP is right on.  They are the go to group on pediatric issues.  AAP is a misguided pc organization.  The American College of Pediatricians are a great American organization.

This claim is a confirmation bias. The ACP is a splinter group with a religious agenda.

It always amusing to see you vote up your own posts. It is assumed that you like the idea that you put forward because you wrote it, so why do you go to the trouble of voting it up as well?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    6 years ago
ACP is right on.  They are the go to group on pediatric issues.

Because they support your bias, is that it?

AAP is a misguided pc organization.

Hardly. They are a credible and recognized medical and scientific organization.

The American College of Pediatricians are a great American organization.

They were founded only 16 years ago, have only about 500 members, and have an anti-gay stance. They are at best a marginal group who engages in dishonest tactics. Even the U.S. National Institution of Health (are you going to call the NIH a "misguided pc organization?) have called out the ACP about misusing or misrepresenting other scientists work. Yeah, a real great organization >sarc<

It's not surprising that you support and admire them.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.2.3  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    6 years ago

oddly you provide no proof - yet i have and my proof definitely contradicts your opinion. But i understand why you love them so much - they are enamored with mythology and help keep up the "persecuted Christian/Conservative" complex.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    6 years ago
ACP is right on.  They are the go to group on pediatric issues.  AAP is a misguided pc organization.

The ACP is merely an anti-LGBT hate group based in primitive Bronze-age superstitions, they're not a medical organization of any kind.   They don't conduct, fund or publish any peer-reviewed research on any topic.     They play the exact same role as the KKK in regards to medical science.

They're also tiny and have only a few hundred members compared to the 60K+ members in the real AAP.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.2.3    6 years ago

Social Conservative and evangelical Christians are persecuted in a variety of ways even here.  The Alliance Defending Freedom, Family Research Council, Liberty Council, American College of Pediatricians, The Stream, Christian Broadcasting Network, and much more are proof of it.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.2.6  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.5    6 years ago
Social Conservative and evangelical Christians are persecuted in a variety of ways even here.  

How exactly?   What civil rights have those groups of superstitious bigots been denied?

I'll admit it makes good sense that those dumb bigots should be ridiculed by the general society in much the same way that their buddies in the KKK are ridiculed, but apart from that they don't seem to be "persecuted" in any way whatsoever.    In fact they have a major political party which goes to bat for them and tries to use our secular government to enforce their twisted and evil agenda.

The Alliance Defending Freedom, Family Research Council, Liberty Council, American College of Pediatricians, The Stream, Christian Broadcasting Network, and much more are proof of it

It certainly true that those specific hate groups advocate for special rights for Christian extremists and lobby against the civil rights of LGBT folks and certain other minorities, but that fact doesn't support your first claim at all.    None of those hate groups or their members face any persecution in the US, which is very much unlike the minorities they seek to harm.    What you're doing is exactly like the KKK whining that they're being "persecuted" simply because most folks outside the GOP no longer support their vile agenda.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.2.7  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.5    6 years ago
Social Conservative and evangelical Christians are persecuted in a variety of ways even here.  The Alliance Defending Freedom, Family Research Council, Liberty Council, American College of Pediatricians, The Stream, Christian Broadcasting Network, and much more are proof of it.

provide actual factual proof please. you just seem to be upset that those organizations and websites that prefer their mythological beliefs over scientific facts are being called out on such including taking science and twisting it for their own purposes as i have already pointed out. You can believe anything you want - but you are not entitled to your own facts and neither are they.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

This seeds been up 3 weeks or so.  It’s closed.  

epistte
Junior Guide
7.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7    6 years ago

I get the last reply.