╌>

Christian Band Fights Music Industry To Release Pro-MAGA Song

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  adf-frc-cwa-fair-cis-lc-fan-1  •  6 years ago  •  156 comments

Christian Band Fights Music Industry To Release Pro-MAGA Song
Speaking to Big League Politics, the band’s front man Adam Klutinoty explained that the band “went against radio and label and everything putting this out” because they believe in the message and stand behind President Donald Trump. “He’s the best president we’ve had in a long time.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Popular Christian band About A Mile went against the wishes of their record label and the radio industry to release the pro-Trump song Make America Great Again.

The three brothers behind the Christian rock group, About A Mile, have released new song features lyrics venerating God, and imploring Americans to embrace the Christian values they believe helped create the United States of America. The song, titled Make America Great Again, admonishes the media and celebrities for their lack of morals, and includes an audio clip of President Ronald Reagan impressing the importance of Christianity to the nation.

Speaking to Big League Politics, the band’s front man Adam Klutinoty explained that the band “went against radio and label and everything putting this out” because they believe in the message and stand behind President Donald Trump.

“He’s the best president we’ve had in a long time.”

He also explained that part of the impetus for the song came after seeing popular groups and musicians like Aerosmith, Adele, the Rolling Stones, and George Harrison complain about President Trump using their music at his rallies.

“We’re super sick of Trump” using songs from these musicians, only for the musicians to receive word and begin “freaking out” over the perceived injustice.

“We’re just trying to love on our president,” Klutinoty said.

Klutinoty explained that the group has had a difficult time getting publicity for the song compared to their previous releases, some of which have over a million views on YouTube. Movie producers first approached the band about using the song, and then after several months of assuming their music would be used and exposed to a large audience, the band was informed that one of the actors was “embarrassed” by the pro-Trump message of the song and they would be unable to use it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“The three brothers behind the Christian rock group, About A Mile, have released new song features lyrics venerating God, and imploring Americans to embrace the Christian values they believe helped create the United States of America. The song, titled Make America Great Again, admonishes the media and celebrities for their lack of morals, and includes an audio clip of President Ronald Reagan impressing the importance of Christianity to the nation.

Speaking to Big League Politics, the band’s front man Adam Klutinoty explained that the band “went against radio and label and everything putting this out” because they believe in the message and stand behind President Donald Trump.”

epistte
Junior Guide
2  epistte    6 years ago

[Removed]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2    6 years ago

Fortunately you and those of like mind don’t get to sit in judgement over voters who for whatever reason did not vote for the shrill wicked witch for President.  We are proud deplorables, bitterly clinging to God and our guns getting our manufacturing and energy jobs back and without a magic wand. 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
getting our manufacturing and energy jobs back and without a magic wand. 

Coal is dead and GM just laid off 2000+ people so where are these jobs? Green energy is the future.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    6 years ago

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=35852                    https://www.montelnews.com/en/story/us-coal-exports-may-surge-60-in-2018--analyst/918289   

A hard hat with the slogan "Make America Great Again" printed on it at the newly opened Acosta Deep Mine in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, on June 8, 2017. (Justin Merriman/Getty Images)       
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/04/trump-makes-american-coal-great-again-overseas/
What was it that you were saying about coal?

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    6 years ago

I think the world would be actually better off if we burned that coal in modern more less pollution producing facilities than selling it to those who may not care how much they pollute all of our air. 

But whatever makes a buck is fine with many. Fow now. 

PS: your link for me just took me to another nt thread. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    6 years ago

....Well, a funny thing happened—Trump’s  policies, and just as importantly, the expectationof Trump’s policies, ignited a manufacturing resurgence.

In the first 21 months of the Trump presidency, nonfarm employment grew by a seasonally adjusted 2.6%. In the same period, manufacturing employment grew by 3.1%, reversing the trend under Obama when overall employment grew faster than employment in the manufacturing sector.

Comparing the last 21 months of the Obama administration with the first 21 months of Trump’s, shows that under Trump’s watch, more than 10 times the number of manufacturing jobs were added....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/10/16/the-trump-manufacturing-jobs-boom-10-times-obamas-over-21-months/amp/.                         what was it you were saying about manufacturing outside of Government Motors?  

Sophomore Guide
2.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.4    6 years ago
just as importantly, the expectationof Trump’s policies,

Bingo, trump anticipation is a big part of what has increased our fiscal up swing, optimism. not reality.

How long will this last ?  

And will reality catch up ? 

We'll see to me its still a huge gamble. 

And to me it wasn't a funny thing, it was the expected thing. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.3    6 years ago

Probably because I once seeded that link as a seeded article here... 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.7  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    6 years ago

Coal is dead, October 13, 2018.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia coal mine that employs about 400 workers is closing after a deal to sell it fell through.

Gov. Jim Justice issued a statement saying the closing of the Pinnacle Mine in Wyoming County will displace a lot of miners. He says he is hopeful the mine "has not seen its last days."

WVVA reports workers at the mine, which is owned by Mission Coal, said this week negotiations to sell the mine fell through. The mine is largest employer in Wyoming County after the school system. Workers were moving equipment out of the mine this week, a sure sign of its imminent closure.

Justice also mentioned the recent closing of ABB control systems in Greenbrier County, which employs about 150 workers.

Justice said in the Friday release that "it's not a good day."

And another mine closing,

Westmoreland coal declares bankruptcy, 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.6    6 years ago

It comes back to this article..........please review your link.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  epistte @2.1.7    6 years ago

Since coal exports have never been more than 1% of US production, and our high sulphur coal was not wanted elsewhere, Trump has no where to go but up.

The Administration WAS predicting record exports ( 71 million metric tons out of a possible 766 million metric tons mined ) but the tariff war with China has closed off the USA's largest overseas market.

Any Trump rhetoric about bringing back coal, is just that, political rhetoric.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.1.7    6 years ago

COAL TRAINS BLUEFIELD WV USA (Photo by A. C. Shelton/ClassicStock/Getty Images)

There are many, many falsehoods out there about coal. The biggest, of course, is that “coal is dead,” an organized effort to scare away potential investors of the world’s most vital source of electricity. Indeed, the reality is quite different than what some insist that you believe. In fact, coal is still the main source of power in a leading 18 U.S. states, and still supplies almost 30% of American power. “ Does that sound like an energy source that is….”dead?”

Globally, coal is even more alive. “Think the Big Banks Have Abandoned Coal? Think Again.“ Even a solar magazine admits: ”China to add 259 GW of coal capacity, satellite imagery shows.” For reference, 259 GW is more than twice the amount of power capacity that mighty Texas has FROM ALL SOURCES.

Now Asia – which accounts for close to 80% of total global coal usage – is increasingly turning to the U.S. to supply coal. We are still the world’s third largest coal producer. The U.S. supplies both types, met coal to produce steel and steam coal to produce electricity. ”U.S. coal exports increased by 61% in 2017 as exports to Asia more than doubled.”  .......     https://www.realclearenergy.org/2018/10/08/the_us_coal_export_boom_to_asia_286961.html

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.8    6 years ago

I can’t change it due to time elapsed on post or get it to work right.  Serves me right for using google to search for what I was looking for.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.11    6 years ago

No doubt the April article you tried to link was lauding the slight increase in coal exports which could possibly break a record for coal exports.

In fact American coal exports have always been abysmal and rarely exceeded one half of one percent of the coal mined annually.

Until Trump started a trade war with China, the expectations were, that exports would break the 1% mark next year.

that looks unlikely as China has found other sources, while cutting coal use and promoting solar and wind as well.

Coal is dying as 643 coal burning power plants are slated to retire or be phased out shortly and replaced by cheaper plants that use cheaper natural gas.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.11    6 years ago

I fixed it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.13    6 years ago

Thank you 😊.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.15  epistte  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.9    6 years ago
Since coal exports have never been more than 1% of US production, and our high sulphur coal was not wanted elsewhere, Trump has no where to go but up.

The Administration WAS predicting record exports ( 71 million metric tons out of a possible 766 million metric tons mined ) but the tariff war with China has closed off the USA's largest overseas market.

Any Trump rhetoric about bringing back coal, is just that, political rhetoric.

Coal was dying before 2010, but since then cheap shale gas has finished it off. Wind and solar are driving a stake into what is left of it.  I'd like to see more nuclear but new plants cost too much to be viable in a profit driven economy.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.16  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    6 years ago

So production is at it's lowest level since 1978 and only 1100 'coal jobs' have been 'created' and you think that's 'WINNING!'? Of course Trump reduced mine inspections and eviscerated the regulations but hey, a small price to pay for 1100 jobs right? 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3  lennylynx    6 years ago

No link to the song Make America Great Again?  Is it a rockin' tune or what??

Sophomore Guide
3.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lennylynx @3    6 years ago
No link to the song Make America Great Again?  Is it a rockin' tune or what??

LOL.. There are probably royalties to be paid for just posting it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @3    6 years ago

It’s in the seeded article. An absolutely great and awesome song.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.3.1  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    6 years ago

Wow, it IS a rockin' tune, not bad at all...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @3    6 years ago

Let's Make America Great Again,
Bow our hearts and lift our hands
To the only one who can
Make America great again
Together we will stand
One nation under God
Make America great again

("Make America Great Again" chorus)

The declaration presented by the song is further highlighted in the "Make America Great Again" lyric video premiere by LifeZette at . Co-founded in 2015 by political commentator and talk show host Laura Ingraham, LifeZette delivers a compelling mix of stories, commentary, video and graphics designed to inform, entertain and help people live to the fullest.

More than the successes of playing Christian music's biggest stage (Winter Jam), receiving a series of radio hits, having their song "Born To Live" heard by over 174 million people via YouTube's Dude Perfect and receiving many other accolades, About A Mile band members and brothers Adam, Luke and Levi Klutinoty have resolved to trust God with every aspect of their lives and ministry.
 https://www.newreleasetoday.com/news_detail.php?newsid=3547

Sophomore Guide
3.4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4    6 years ago
Bow our hearts and lift our handsTo the only one who canMake America great again

I just vomited. 

Gotta go

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.4.3  lennylynx  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.4.2    6 years ago

[Removed

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lennylynx @3.4.3    6 years ago

does this make badfish

a

poster child ? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.5    6 years ago

No, just a seed derailer.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.6    6 years ago
a seed derailer.

i think i have one on my stationary bike/plant hanger

HA, does this song rock for you ?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.4.1    6 years ago

I concur.  They didn't have to fight their label to release it because of its message.  The label execs know utter tripe when they hear it, and don't want to be connected with it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.4.1    6 years ago

You realize that the song and those words were about God and not Trump or does God and the concept of worshiping Him cause that reaction in you too?  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.7    6 years ago

I enjoyed it as well as their other songs.  

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.12  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.10    6 years ago

99% of religious music is a waste of bandwidth and electricity. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.13  epistte  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.4.4    6 years ago

There look like a Judas Priest parody band.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  epistte @3.4.12    6 years ago

ever hear of jordan

cook //?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.10    6 years ago

The song would suck spectacularly either way.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.16  epistte  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.14    6 years ago

I had to Wiki' him, so that answer would be no. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  epistte @3.4.16    6 years ago

this guy is amazingly badass

rocking, extremely talented heavy bluesy guitar AND drum playing talent

i stumbled upon him on youtube

open Jordan Cook Reignwolf   Electric Love  / Jet City Stream version

not everyones cup of tea, but a talented artist, irregardless of taste

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.4.18  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.10    6 years ago

There definitely seems to be a prejudice here against the song, HA,  I don't like the lyrics either but it's a good, rockin' tune.  It gets better the more you listen to it too; I think it may start growing on these detractors if they give it a chance!  jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.19  epistte  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.17    6 years ago

I love blues guitar.

Sass Jordan, Robert Cray, John Hiatt, and Delbert McClinton are a few of my favorites. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  lennylynx @3.4.18    6 years ago

I wouldn't call it a prejudice, really. That implies that I decided it was crap without hearing it, just based on its genre. I decided it was crap after listening to it.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.23  sandy-2021492  replied to    6 years ago

Give it a listen. I'm right.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.25  epistte  replied to    6 years ago

I loved Tommy Conwell in college. I literally wore that CD out. 

Anything by Mark Knopfler is  great.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.28  sandy-2021492  replied to    6 years ago

I'd say it's even worse than most "bro country", and that's pretty damn bad.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.29  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
I really like howling wolf too and Robert Cray mostly I like all of it.

I saw Robert Cray in Cleveland a few years ago.  He played in Kent a few months ago but I didn't want to go alone. A great show.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.30  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.28    6 years ago
I'd say it's even worse than most "bro country", and that's pretty damn bad.

Good country music died about 2005.  It's now generic pop music with a cowboy hat and a steel guitar. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.32  sandy-2021492  replied to  epistte @3.4.30    6 years ago

Agreed.  There are still a few singers I like, but they don't get much play time anymore.  If I'm in the mood for country, I try to find a classic country station.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.33  sandy-2021492  replied to    6 years ago

Wow, even I held out for almost the whole song.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.36  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.32    6 years ago

The last thing that I heard that I liked was Jason Isbell. James McMurtry is good but he isn't mainstream country.

It is so weird that 80s are now considered to be classic rock and oldies.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.37  sandy-2021492  replied to    6 years ago

Nah - George Strait, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, Sara Evans, the Dixie Chicks, Kathy Mattea - all around after that.  All good artists, with their own styles, rather than cookie-cutter music.

If there was ever anybody who sang high harmony better than Vince Gill, I never heard him.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.38  sandy-2021492  replied to  epistte @3.4.36    6 years ago
It is so weird that 80s are now considered to be classic rock and oldies.

It means we're getting old.  Even the 90s is "classic" now.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.40  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.38    6 years ago
It means we're getting old.  Even the 90s is "classic" now.

Part of the hole in the ozone layer is due to to my love of big hair via Aquanet.  I was too old to be into Madonna but I loved acid washed jeans, heels, and ripped sweatshirts.  Thankfully there  were no smartphones so nobody has evidence of my bad taste in college. 

I loved the chick rock of the 1990s. I even went to the Lillith Fair once.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.43  sandy-2021492  replied to  epistte @3.4.40    6 years ago

Ah, yes, 80s hair.  The bigger, the better.

I was in middle school when Madonna broke onto the scene. 

And yeah, acid washed everything, off-the-shoulder sweaters, legwarmers, and neon.  What were we thinking?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.44  igknorantzrulz  replied to  epistte @3.4.40    6 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.45  igknorantzrulz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.44    6 years ago

if not your taste

at least check out ending

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.47  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.43    6 years ago
Ah, yes, 80s hair.  The bigger, the better.

I used to almost stand on my head to blow dry it and spray my hair and then use my fingers to do the final style. I thought it was HOT! Now I think I looked like a blonde troll doll. If you cross Pat Benetar with Cindy Lauper you get the idea.

I was in middle school when Madonna broke onto the scene. 

I had just graduated when Like a Virgin was a hit.

And yeah, acid washed everything, off-the-shoulder sweaters, legwarmers, and neon.  What were we thinking?

I had 3 pairs of parachute pants. My mom was a nurse and I used to wear the bright colored scrub tops that I discovered. They were very comfortable.  I'm not sure what we were thinking when I look back.   

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.49  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
I bet the guys thought it was hot too my wife used a can a hair spray a day.

My addiction was never that bad.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.50  sandy-2021492  replied to  epistte @3.4.47    6 years ago
I used to almost stand on my head to blow dry it and spray my hair and then use my fingers to do the final style.

And the amount of mousse we used!

I never had parachute pants, but remember Jams?  Yeah, I had those.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.51  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.50    6 years ago
And the amount of mousse we used!

I still use a little mousse, buit nothing like I used to.

I never had parachute pants, but remember Jams?  Yeah, I had those.

I knew the clerks at Merry-Go-Round by their first names.  I'm not sure if I ever had a pair of Jams.  I wore white Reeboks and slouch boots. I had a pair of Candies slides wiith 3+" heels but my mom hated them.  I thought I was an 80s fashion icon....(facepalm)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.4.52  sandy-2021492  replied to  epistte @3.4.51    6 years ago
I still use a little mousse, buit nothing like I used to.

Now I use curl cream and finishing paste to try to tame my hair down, rather than puff it up.

Oh, yes, the white Reeboks.  Worn with rolled-up blue jeans and neon socks.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.53  igknorantzrulz  replied to    6 years ago

im partial to ROCK

Classic to Current

Old to New, but of course, most of Rock was Stolen from the Blues, so i do enjoy them as well

love me a mosh pit, but sore for a week anytime i indulge anymore

Sabbath, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Stones, Skynyrd , Hendrix

hated Disco, but had to endure to meet the young ladies

get back to our bachelor pads, and rock was all that was allowed

aloud

80's music was pretty bad

90's moved to grunge   Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana,

SOUNDGARDEN [Chris Cornell, what a talent]   Candle Box 

Stevie Ray Von

Corrosion of Conformity  [ gotta love just the name ] as i lived it

Have been to over 500 concerts id guess

lately, after discovering youtube [finally]

stumblng into some newer groups and talent such as Reignwolf, The Jompson Brothers[basically Countr),   Clutch, Queens of the Stone Age,

Dave Grohl    Foo Fighters

i like it Heavy and LOUD, unlike my women

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.4.54  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.50    6 years ago

A bit of history. The 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment were known as ''Devils in Baggy Pants''...That is where the term originated. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.55  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.4.52    6 years ago
Now I use curl cream and finishing paste to try to tame my hair down, rather than puff it up. Oh, yes, the white Reeboks.  Worn with rolled-up blue jeans and neon socks.

My hair goes crazy in a few hours if I don't use some product to tame it.  Summer humidity is insane. 

I cuffed up my jeans and I wore different colored laces.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.56  Tacos!  replied to    6 years ago

OMG another human being who's into X! 

Back in the 80s, my best friend and I would drive around listening to X and literally screaming the words at each other, the traffic, pedestrians, whatever.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.4.57  GregTx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.53    6 years ago

I also like all the groups you mentioned, with the exception of Pearl Jam, butt I have to ask..... basically country?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.58  igknorantzrulz  replied to  GregTx @3.4.57    6 years ago

ride my rocket

sounded like a good Christian song about war, or space travel

or possibly, asking her to get to know U, u know, in the Biblical sense.

Thanks, i listened and liked tune

ive only just begun, like carpenters, to realize what ive been missing via youtube

only heard a few of their songs and thought On the Run was damn good as well

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.4.59  GregTx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.58    6 years ago

I like Chris Stapleton's range. From country to rock to bluegrass to the blues, he covers a wide spectrum.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.60  Ender  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.4.8    6 years ago

Ha. They reminded me of bad Rocky Horror fans.

Sophomore Guide
3.4.61  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.10    6 years ago
those words were about God and not Trump

Let's Make America Great Again,
Bow our hearts and lift our hands
To the only one who can
Make America great again

Together we will stand
One nation under God
Make America great again

Sorry HA, Doesn't seem that way to me.  Sounds like together we all will stand under GOD.  in a great America made great by one man again. Perhaps I'm biased.

And a song is just a song. How many saw the devil in the elvis songs ? 

Hell half the stuff I like the drums in I dont care for the all the lyrics, I still jam to them.

But ONE MAN controlling our future scares the crap outta me, and I  think trump would love to.  I cant admire much like this song that seems to me to promote that idology, even if its like subconsciously. 

I thought the trumpy bear was kinda cute, But  I think this song is actually dangerous. 

IMO: Anything that promotes One man having too much control is dangerous to our country to a degree.  To me this does.  So... No thanks

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.4.62  Nowhere Man  replied to  epistte @3.4.19    6 years ago
I love blues guitar.

Sass Jordan, Robert Cray, John Hiatt, and Delbert McClinton are a few of my favorites. 

what? no BB King!, Jimi ring a bell?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.63  Split Personality  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.4.45    6 years ago

Where was the smoke coming from?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.64  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.4.62    6 years ago

Young un's,  smh.

BB and Muddy Waters......

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.65  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.63    6 years ago
Where was the smoke coming from?

guessin your referring to Reignwolf video,

believe it's from dry ice, as ive seen him use it before.

if you found that one interesting, check out Electric Love from the Jet City Sessions

a simultaneous drum and wicked guitar solo, with extra "smoke"

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4.66  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.63    6 years ago
e smoke

or, he blew up his Marshall amp

as i was just speculating

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.67  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.63    6 years ago

They had some burgers cooking. : )

Is it odd that it just bugged me the doors on the RV being open...

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.4.68  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.64    6 years ago

They don't make/play 'em like they used to......

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.4.69  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.64    6 years ago

Try this one....

John Lee Hooker

epistte
Junior Guide
3.4.70  epistte  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.4.62    6 years ago

I saw Robert Lockwood plays multiple times at Wilberts in Cleveland.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.71  Split Personality  replied to  Ender @3.4.67    6 years ago

Nope, that was a distraction.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.4.74  MrFrost  replied to  epistte @3.4.29    6 years ago
I saw Robert Cray in Cleveland a few years ago. 

One of my favorites....the guy is amazing. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

I heard if you play the record backwards, it says here’s to my sweet Hillary.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

Sorry but there are no Satan lyrics back masked to this song.  Make America Great Again.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    6 years ago

[Removed

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.1    6 years ago

[Removed

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lennylynx @4.1.2    6 years ago

[Removed

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.1    6 years ago

removed for context

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.4    6 years ago
 That’s sad.  

don't worry, i'm feeling a little gayer with each passing indictment.

And at this rate, i'm gonna be the happiest flaming homosexual around here soon, so please, keep a fire extinguisher handy 

sorry hardy har har  HA, and Lippy the Lion too

cause i must confess, Trump going down

gets me Hot

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.4    6 years ago
You see America as a sewer grate?

America was great, now it's embarrassing. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    6 years ago

Uh, They want people to be more moral? I think upholding trump is going against that narrative.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @5    6 years ago

[Removed

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    6 years ago
The song, titled Make America Great Again, admonishes the media and celebrities for their lack of morals, and includes an audio clip of President Ronald Reagan impressing the importance of Christianity to the nation.

That's hilarious...

Will they be including the track, "I banged Stormy Daniels because Jesus told me to"?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  lennylynx  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

I hear that's going to be released as a single, and it's a rockin' tune too! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    6 years ago
admonishes the media and celebrities for their lack of morals

This, while supporting the least moral president in history.... Married three times, cheated on all of his wives, paid off people he slept with behind his wive's backs? Yea, that really screams out, "Christians Morals", doesn't it? 

Another track? 

"We love hypocrisy!!!"

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    6 years ago

Will they be translating all their songs into Russian? So trump can give them away as Christmas presents? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    6 years ago

I think the song is too specifically political. Popular music has certainly had politics in it, but you don't see a lot of popular songs about specific politicians, and especially not about specific people who are currently in office. It's so focused on Trump that unless you're just a huge fanboy of Trump, it's hard to see grooving to it.

If they had written a song that talked more about the things people are going through and maybe just mention Trump once or twice, they could have crafted a song people could get into. This piece comes off more as the kind of thing they used to write for political campaigns or baseball players.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @9    6 years ago

I didn’t notice even one reference to Trump in the song.  It was all about how we need to follow God to make our country great again.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    6 years ago

This country has always been great, sorry if you don't think so and need a campaign slogan to fulfill your dreams.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    6 years ago
I didn’t notice even one reference to Trump in the song

The song is called "Make America Great Again." That seems like a pretty clear Trump reference. And they explicitly said the song is intended to support Trump. That's fine. They can write that song, but I don't expect it to be popular. I just don't think that the bulk of the audience is interested in what amounts to an "I Like Ike" song.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
10  pat wilson    6 years ago

There's more purple in these posts than a Pantone fan book.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  pat wilson @10    6 years ago
purple

blue and red ? 

not frothing im guessin

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
11  lennylynx    6 years ago

Wow, this is the best seed by HA ever!!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lennylynx @11    6 years ago

HA HA

hey, i got extra tickets too 

it as well

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Ender  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1    6 years ago

Some people just can't relax and have fun.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  lennylynx @11    6 years ago

Something tells me this discussion wasn't the intended result.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.2    6 years ago

Always can count on our progressives for that. Making America Great Again is not a priority for them.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11.2.2  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.2.1    6 years ago

America has always been great, orange conman traitor in chief is making America worse

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.2.1    6 years ago

Aww, HA, face it.  This song was never going to "Make America Great Again".  It might possibly have made America giggle again, but that's about it.

Ender
Professor Principal
12  Ender    6 years ago

Just for you Jefferson.

Merry Christmas.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @12    6 years ago

More than the successes of playing Christian music's biggest stage (Winter Jam), receiving a series of radio hits, having their song "Born To Live" heard by over 174 million people via YouTube's Dude Perfect and receiving many other accolades, About A Mile band members and brothers Adam, Luke and Levi Klutinoty have resolved to trust God with every aspect of their lives and ministry.

With a name that originates from the belief that Jesus carried his cross "about a mile," the band carries their message coast-to-coast. Lauded for their musicianship, authenticity and labeled "musical chemistry perfected" by one critic, About A Mile has toured with bands like Skillet, Sidewalk Prophets and more.

Deleted

devangelical
Professor Principal
13  devangelical    6 years ago

Bottom line, this band sucks and their song sucks. Like other thumper bands, the lyrics sound like a fast talking contest or financial disclaimer at the end of a car commercial. How much religious crapola do they think they should stuff into a single stanza or chorus line. The guitar solo, if that's what anyone could call it, is laughable. If this song had commercial potential it would have been picked up by a major distributor a couple years ago when it was first written. When the title wasn't considered as offensive as it is now, and before Trump would threaten to sue them for using that title, and then using that as the free marketing publicity after he did.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13.1  lennylynx  replied to  devangelical @13    6 years ago

Move over Stairway, there's a new sheriff in town!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @13    6 years ago
Bottom line, this band sucks and their song sucks.

If that is what you really think and feel that way,  I would suggest that you refrain from purchasing their recording as I will. That some like and enjoy their songs should be of no concern of yours. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.2    6 years ago

Not really seeing where devangelical is trying to prevent anyone from listening to their music.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.2.2  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @13.2    6 years ago

No worries there and bible babble thrash definitely isn't a concern of mine. Can't really see the faithful youths mouthing the words to that crap while waving their arms in the air and bawling their eyes out though.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @13.2    6 years ago

That is the bottom line.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.2.1    6 years ago

That wasn’t what Arkpdx said.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2.4    6 years ago

And nothing arkie said addressed anything devangelical said.  D said the band and its song sucked.  He's not concerned that anybody actually enjoys their sucky music.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
14  Phoenyx13    6 years ago
the band was informed that one of the actors was “embarrassed” by the pro-Trump message of the song and they would be unable to use it.

oh now that's funny ! ... yet, i've seen comments in this thread that stated this song doesn't have a Pro-Trump message nor any Trump references ... hmmm... jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

it's all about the money and marketability ... obviously this song didn't make the cut  jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
15  Steve Ott    6 years ago
musicians like Aerosmith, Adele, the Rolling Stones, and George Harrison complain about President Trump using their music at his rallies.

Harrison died in 2001. I want to know what drugs they aren't sharing.

As for christian values? Would those be the same values that committed genocide against the inhabitants of this land before any christians showed up to 'save' them?