BREAKING NEWS: DHS Test Cut Right Through Trump’s Border Wall Steel Slats with a Saw

Via:  krishna  •  2 months ago  •  330 comments

BREAKING NEWS: DHS Test Cut Right Through Trump’s Border Wall Steel Slats with a Saw
" . . . a gaping hole in the middle after experts from the Marine Corps were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools".

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A test of a steel prototype for the proposed border wall showed it could be sawed through. (NBC News Exclusive)

Department of Homeland Security testing of a prototype of the steel slat design that Donald Trump favors for his border wall proved that it could be cut through with a saw. NBC News reports.  A photo obtained by the network shows the slats with a gaping hole in the middle after experts from the Marine Corps were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools. 

During the presidential campaign, Trump promised to build an “impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful” wall on the border that would be paid for by Mexico.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

Krishna
1  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Department of Homeland Security testing of a prototype of the steel slat design that Donald Trump favors for his border wall proved that it could be cut through with a saw. NBC News reports.

Ooops!

MUVA
1.1  MUVA  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago

Were you unaware there are things called power tools?

Krishna
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @1.1    2 months ago

No-- but apparently Trump was!!! :-(

Krishna
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    2 months ago

No-- but apparently Trump was!!! :-(

Perhaps you may be unaware of it (?), but during the campaign and in fact for some time he has touted the virtue of a "big, beautiful, concrete wall". (That Mexico's gonna pay for, natch). Only recently has our beloved "Moron in Chief" changed his mind and has been touting the virtues of a much more expensive alternative--- steel:

The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions.

Tessylo
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @1.1    2 months ago

Duh.  

Ed-NavDoc
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MUVA @1.1    2 months ago

Key word here is "prototype". It is meant to be probed and tested to find faults in order so they can be fixed and improved upon. Guess the found one...

Krishna
1.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.4    2 months ago

Key word here is "prototype". It is meant to be probed and tested to find faults in order so they can be fixed and improved upon. Guess the found one...

Border security is a "cat and mouse game". Every time the protective measures improve, those who want to bypass them find a way to improve their methods of breaching them. 

XDm9mm
1.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    2 months ago
Border security is a "cat and mouse game". Every time the protective measures improve, those who want to bypass them find a way to improve their methods of breaching them. 

So is that a reason to abandon attempts at stopping illegal alien invaders, drug traffickers, slave traders and others?

Nothing is absolutely guaranteed impossible to breach.  BUT, that doesn't stop individuals and governments from trying.  I surmise you have more than a simple unlockable door opener on your home.  Probably a door knob type lock assembly or a dead bolt, possibly both.   Why do you do that, knowing that if determined, someone will be able to break into your home?

Tessylo
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.6    2 months ago
'So is that a reason to abandon attempts at stopping illegal alien invaders, drug traffickers, slave traders and others?'

Nonsense.  As usual.  Absolutely no one is saying that except for the 'president'.  

He's not getting his fucking wall.

We're not paying for his fucking wall.

XDm9mm
1.1.8  XDm9mm  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.7    2 months ago
Absolutely no one is saying that except for the 'president'.  

I suggest you actually READ what I responded to.   Then come back and have an intelligent rational discussion.

Tessylo
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.8    2 months ago

'Border security is a "cat and mouse game". Every time the protective measures improve, those who want to bypass them find a way to improve their methods of breaching them. '

He's right.

You're wrong.  

No need to build the wall - it's not going to work and we're not paying for it.  

Ed-NavDoc
1.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    2 months ago

I am not denying what you say, but there are those here who choose to ignore what I said and classify it as a complete and abject failure thus justifying their claims that a wall will not work. In this case, the test was a success and not a failure.

Tessylo
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.8    2 months ago

Also no one is abandoning anything and the drug traffickers, so called slave traders, and who do you define as others? - are not coming through the border dude.  

WallyW
1.1.12  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.9    2 months ago
it's not going to work and we're not paying for it.  

So why did the Democrats support border security before they were against it? No problem with the idea until Trump wanted it. This is a losing issue for the Democrats.

Tessylo
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  WallyW @1.1.12    2 months ago
'This is a losing issue for the Democrats.'

Nope, this is a losing issue for Rump and his supporters.  

We do support border security - not a wall.  

Snuffy
1.1.14  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    2 months ago

but why do you not support a wall?   Try to take Trump out of the equation and tell me logically why a wall is wrong. It's a barrier to help prevent illegal crossing. Yes everybody knows it's not a 100% solution,  I would hope that nobody is pushing that it is.

But if the Democrats in the past did vote for a wall (a wall can be any permanent type of barrier, not necessarily a concrete wall) then why is it wrong today (again, if  you take trump out of the equation).

Split Personality
1.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.14    2 months ago

In 2013, Schumer, part of the Gang of 8, wrote Senate Bill774  ( Immigration modernization Act of 2013 )which passed 68-32 to give DHS

• 40,000 new CBP agents
  • a $4 billion annual allowance for fence, wall, maintenance  (10 years, $46 billion cap)
  • eliminate H2A visas
  • restrict H1B visas
  • eliminate the diversity visa lottery program
  • provide job training for Americans
  • and a ( long)  path for dreamers and others to citizenship.

Boehner ppledged to never bring it to the floor or even read it

• because it was too long to read, 1,300 pages
  • Schumer wrote it
  • Schumer wanted it
  • Obama wanted it
  • Obama would sign it.

Boehner instead promised to provide piece meal legislation to address the "immigration problem".

Net result, zero.

Obama started writing EO's instead.

Now it's Trump writing the EO's ( he said he would never do)

and McConnell blocking any progress in the Senate.

Sounds frighteningly like Post Tip O'Neil politics, Gingrich style.

One could have hoped and expected that having all three branches, a party could break the gridlock, but that didn't happen either...

Snuffy
1.1.16  Snuffy  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.15    2 months ago

Thanks.  there's that and the Secure Fence Act of 2006.  The 2013 failure was pure party politics rather than adults actually doing their job. Not what I would hope for in my government...

Still hoping that Tessylo will explain why she is against the wall.

gooseisgone
1.1.17  gooseisgone  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.7    2 months ago
He's not getting his fucking wall.

Why were Democrats for a fence not that long ago?

Dulay
1.1.18  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.8    2 months ago
I suggest you actually READ what I responded to.   Then come back and have an intelligent rational discussion.

Oh let's DO XD. Let's look at what you consider rational:

illegal alien invaders,

'Invaders' XD? Is THAT your idea of 'rational"? 

Is it usual for invaders to be dropped off at churches, given food, shelter and emergency supplies and went on their way XD? 

drug traffickers,

The steel slats pictured preclude me from passing drugs though HOW XD? 

slave traders and others?

'Slave traders'? Again, is THAT your idea of 'rational'? 

How about you provide DATA on the 'slave traders' that will be stopped because of Trump's 'steel slats' XD.

Ed-NavDoc
1.1.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.16    2 months ago

Very simple. It is connected to Trump. 

gooseisgone
1.1.20  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.1.18    2 months ago

Please explain why the Democrats were for a fence not long ago.

Dulay
1.1.21  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.20    2 months ago
Please explain why the Democrats were for a fence not long ago.

Because, despite the BS from Trump and his minions, Democrats DO support border security. 

Any more questions? 

gooseisgone
1.1.22  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.1.21    2 months ago

What has changed, why no funding for the "BORDER FENCE" that they had just approved a few years back.  To say they are for border security is a dodging the question. 

Willjay9
1.1.23  Willjay9  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.22    2 months ago

They have given money for fencing and fencing maintenance.....but Trump aint still getying no wall!

Krishna
1.1.24  seeder  Krishna  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.6    2 months ago

- Probably a door knob type lock assembly or a dead bolt, possibly both.   Why do you do that, knowing that if determined, someone will be able to break into your home?

Actually I did happen to discuss this very topic with a police officer.

What he said is obvious. He said that my home security seystem was more than adequate. But the thing to keep in mind is that a theirf with any brains will "case da joint" first-- look at a few houses (or apartments) in area. The odds are that not every one will have the same type or lock-- or in some cases the same numberoflocks-- so the their will break into the one that looks like it has the least effective security system (locks, etc).

Dulay
1.1.25  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.22    2 months ago
What has changed, why no funding for the "BORDER FENCE" that they had just approved a few years back. 

Nothing has changed. The Homeland Security Act for 2019 passed the Senate appropriations committee with Democratic votes. It includes 1.6 BILLION specifically for border fencing and many BILLIONS in other funding for border security needs, including personnel. McConnell didn't bring it to the floor for a vote.

BTW, that happened in JUNE. 

Hell, the House bill that the GOP passed out of committee didn't have a dime for border fencing. Ryan didn't bring that one to the floor either. 

THAT happened in September. 

So WHO is to blame for there not being funding for Homeland Security again? 

To say they are for border security is a dodging the question. 

Really? Trump and his minions called it border security ad nauseam yesterday. Were THEY dodging too? 

tomwcraig
1.1.26  tomwcraig  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    2 months ago

ALL security is a "cat and mouse" game.  Every time you use your anti-virus to scan your computer, you are hoping that you are not a victim of a new virus, worm, Trojan Horse, or other malware that has not had a signature definition built for it.  Every single day there are new pieces of malware being created to turn your computer into a zombie to join a botnet to attack a major system out there in a Directed Denial Of Service (DDOS) attack at the least.  At the worst, these new pieces of malware can take over your computer system and send every single keystroke to someone in a remote location giving them access to everything from your bank accounts to all your shopping accounts and contact lists.  So, should you not spend money on getting an anti-virus, since they might not stop the latest threat from taking over your computer?

gooseisgone
1.1.27  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.1.25    2 months ago
 Ryan didn't bring that one to the floor either

I agree Ryan is a turn coat back stabber but, that doesn't explain the Democrats support for the Secure Fence Act with over 10 billion  in funding for a fence and now not one dollar (per Pelosi) will go toward a wall/fence, WHY.

Dulay
1.1.28  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.27    2 months ago
Democrats support for the Secure Fence Act with over 10 billion in funding for a fence

That's false. There was only about 1.5 billion for a fence. 

and now not one dollar (per Pelosi) will go toward a wall/fence, WHY.

That's false too. Pelosi was asked if she would give Trump even '$1' for his WALL, she said she would give him $1. 

It's become convenient for Trump and his supporters to conflate 'wall/fence'. Yet Trump has spent over 2 years insisting that he would build a WALL, not a Fence. Now that it's become OBVIOUS that Trump hasn't built ANY WALL, that Mexico isn't going to pay for a WALL, and that we don't NEED a WALL, the right want's to pretend that it doesn't matter what you call it [as long as Trump can call it whatever the hell HE wants to]. 

tomwcraig
1.1.29  tomwcraig  replied to  Dulay @1.1.28    2 months ago

Semantics.  Potatoe, Potato.  Here is your problem, you are trying to argue against National Security because you hate Trump.  A barrier is still a barrier and is still necessary to help control the influx of people coming across our border.  If it wasn't such a crisis, then there would not be people putting up water stations to help the illegal aliens survive after crossing the border, illegally.  You wouldn't have entire swaths of Arizona declared off-limits due to drug cartels operating in the areas.  Anyone who has even a modicum of understanding of security realizes that the first line of defense is a fence or wall, followed by a locked door.  Neither of which will stop a determined person from gaining access, but will delay them.  That increases the chances that they will get caught before they successfully get in.  I would love to see all the people against the fence/wall unlock and throw open all their doors and windows, since that is what they are suggesting we continue doing with our border security.

321steve
1.1.30  321steve  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.29    2 months ago
people against the fence/wall

Even the experts say a wall is unrealistic, They want a fence so they can see thru to the other side to help stop people from breaching the border. trump don't care, because in reality he wants a huge monument that will last like the great wall of china.

I doubt he gets that, ever. Mexico said Fuck off and so did the american taxpayers. Maybe he can build it himself, but he'd still have opposition to a damn wall from even the people paid to protect that. 

arkpdx
1.1.31  arkpdx  replied to  321steve @1.1.30    2 months ago

They want a fence because Trump wants a wall. If Trump wanted just drones and sensor they would be shouting how only a Barrie wall would be effective .They just don't care what it is as long as Trump is for it. 

321steve
1.1.32  321steve  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.31    2 months ago
They just don't care what it is as long as Trump is for it. 

Not really, trump once again is unrealistic in his solution and doesn't care what anyone else thinks, including the experts.  

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=poter+patrol+wants+fence+not+wall

Dismayed Patriot
1.1.33  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.29    2 months ago
Here is your problem, you are trying to argue against National Security because you hate Trump.

While I agree, I hate Trump because he's such an enormous douche bag, my hatred of Trump has nothing to do with my opposition to a southern border wall. My opposition comes from understanding that the areas that need a barrier already have a barrier, nearly 700 miles of it. The rest is where Trump claims he wants more "wall" which even his own cabinet informed him was a stupid waste of money.

"You wouldn't have entire swaths of Arizona declared off-limits due to drug cartels operating in the areas."

This is a conservative Republican myth. The facts about drug cartels?

"As President Donald Trump pushes Congress to set aside more money to build additional barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, he frequently, and falsely, claims that his promised wall would help stem the flow of illegal narcotics into the country.

But data from his own administration repeatedly show that a rising number of smuggled drugs, especially more potent ones like heroin and cocaine, are increasingly seized at legal ports of entry, which are not impacted by a wall."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard-drugs-get-smuggled-into-u-s-through-ports-entry/2517586002/

"Anyone who has even a modicum of understanding of security realizes that the first line of defense is a fence or wall, followed by a locked door.  Neither of which will stop a determined person from gaining access, but will delay them."

And in certain areas where border control can respond quickly we have a barrier, 700 miles of it. The area Trump wants to add a wall would take border control many hours, even days to respond to a breach that tests show can occur in under four hours. A $25 billion dollar four hour delay? Really? Is that what you want to spend our tax dollars on? And who's going to pay to repair the wall when some coyotes drive their truck up with an acetylene torch and just starts cutting through slat after slat for hours, unmolested, just cutting down hundreds of feet of the metal slat wall. They'll have spent a couple hundred bucks on equipment rentals and a few hours to destroy millions of dollars worth of fencing. And if you don't think that will ever happen, frankly, you have to be delusional. Heck, they might do it just for the free steel. I've seen vacant houses completely gutted of all copper and metal by thieves, how smart is it really to put millions of dollars worth of steel out in the desert?

"I would love to see all the people against the fence/wall unlock and throw open all their doors and windows, since that is what they are suggesting we continue doing with our border security."

Since moving to California, I don't lock my doors during the day, I don't ever lock my garage and have never had a break in or theft. But I get that not everyone lives in such a safe neighborhood as I do, so they use small locks to prevent crimes of opportunity. But there is no alarm system, lock or barrier that would stop a determined person who wants to get through. In regards to the border wall, we've already put the padlock on the most accessible areas. The rest of the wall Trump wants is more akin to spending billions on skylight locks even though it's very unlikely we'll ever have a break-in through a skylight. We already spent several billion on the 700 miles of barrier we already have, we locked our doors and windows. Spending billions more just for security theatre is not only monumentally stupid, it's a waste of time and money.

Dulay
1.1.34  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.29    2 months ago
Semantics.  Potatoe, Potato. 

Trump is the one that pitched a fit if anyone called it a fence instead of wall. In the last couple of days, Trump and his minions, including many members here, have tried to conflate it into fence/wall, in order to save face. What is being built on the southern border is a fucking fence, full stop. 

Here is your problem, you are trying to argue against National Security because you hate Trump. 

Here is YOUR problem, you're making false accusations.

Unless and until you can post a QUOTE from one of MY comments that argues against National Security, STOP. 

A barrier is still a barrier 

NOT according to Trump. 

If it wasn't such a crisis, then there would not be people putting up water stations to help the illegal aliens survive after crossing the border, illegally.

People have been putting out water for a decade or more. How did it SUDDENLY become a crisis?

Oh and BTFW, when the CBP found 'water stations' they dumped out the water. So the CBP is exasperating the 'crisis'.   

You wouldn't have entire swaths of Arizona declared off-limits due to drug cartels operating in the areas. 

Link? 

Anyone who has even a modicum of understanding of security realizes that the first line of defense is a fence or wall, followed by a locked door. 

Is the locked door in the fence or the wall? 

Neither of which will stop a determined person from gaining access, but will delay them.  That increases the chances that they will get caught before they successfully get in. 

As I have posted earlier, it takes seconds to scale the 18' bollard fence. 

I would love to see all the people against the fence/wall unlock and throw open all their doors and windows, since that is what they are suggesting we continue doing with our border security.

Hyperbolic BS. 

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago

Yep...all them desperate, thirsty and starving illegals will bring a saw and/or a ladder with them. The interior of those slats looks more like wood than steel. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  WallyW @1.2    2 months ago

concrete, not wood.

WallyW
1.2.2  WallyW  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    2 months ago

I see, so they need something that will saw concrete and something else for sawing steel. Yes...that makes a lot of sense.

Split Personality
1.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  WallyW @1.2.2    2 months ago
Not into DIY, Wally?  A concrete saw will go through anything.
Can a diamond saw cut metal?
All of the diamond particles are on the exterior cutting edge of the blade, with no metal-diamond mixture. Depending on the manufacturer's recommended blade application, vacuum brazed blades will cut a wide variety of material including concrete, masonry, steel, various irons, plastic, tile, wood and glass.

Dulay
1.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.3    2 months ago

Angle grinder with steel cutting wheel. Much more compact. Small sledge for the concrete. Done. 

Split Personality
1.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    2 months ago

Admittedly

the width of the saw or grinder would be critical

cutting through 2 slats at a time is unlikely.

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
1.2.6  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.5    2 months ago

New studies show it takes 2.73 years to cut through the proposed border wall with a nail file.

epistte
1.2.7  epistte  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.5    2 months ago
Admittedly

the width of the saw or grinder would be critical

cutting through 2 slats at a time is unlikely.

A $2000 plasma torch would go through that wall like a knife through butter. A 20lb sledge would finish off the concrete quickly.

https://www.bakersgas.com/MIL907579001.html

MUVA
1.2.8  MUVA  replied to  epistte @1.2.7    2 months ago

How are you going to power it have you actually ever used one?

epistte
1.2.9  epistte  replied to  MUVA @1.2.8    2 months ago

A portable plasma power source. It fits neatly into a pickup truck. You could also use a portable generator. 

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/steeltailor/product-35080-402316.html

We were required to take 6 credit hours ( 2 courses) of production processes in college, so yes I have used one. The final exam was to design and create the product.    I can stick and MIG weld, even if the welds look a bit like bird droppings. 

MUVA
1.2.10  MUVA  replied to  epistte @1.2.9    2 months ago

I use a plasma cutter all the time 6 hour in one day sometimes and have to use a Kohler diesel generator so we can use it with 3 phase so it cuts better that we trailer with a truck.

aab85428_rgb?%24Results%24

epistte
1.2.11  epistte  replied to  MUVA @1.2.10    2 months ago

How think of material are you cutting if you need a trailered genset?

MUVA
1.2.12  MUVA  replied to  epistte @1.2.11    2 months ago

It depends we cut the sterns out of tug boats all the time so we can get the power plant out we actually cut the boats apart to get generators out or water makers the generator is also for running a soda blaster and it's three phase it makes the plasma cutter work better that's why it's so big.

MUVA
1.2.13  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.3    2 months ago

These are concrete blades not metal.

KDMichigan
1.2.14  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.3    2 months ago

https://www.stihlusa.com/ 

True Stihl guy here.

Is that concrete in the mix? that will hurt a blade.

321steve
1.2.15  321steve  replied to  WallyW @1.2    2 months ago
them desperate, thirsty and starving illegals will bring a saw and/or a ladder with them

It only take one. But, I know If I walked 700 miles,I'd do whatever I had to to get that last few ft for damn sure. Many people could carry parts of whats needed to penetrate a fence or a wall. They do that now with loads of drugs. What really stops people from entering our  country illegally is our people arresting them. 

But, trump once again is unrealistic in his solution and doesn't care what anyone else thinks, including the experts.  

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=poter+patrol+wants+fence+not+wall

Krishna
2  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

During the presidential campaign, Trump promised to build an “impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful” wall on the border that would be paid for by Mexico. 

Tacos!
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

Since 2009, we've sent Mexico about $4 billion in foreign aid. We knock that off and in a few years Mexico will have paid for the wall.

Colour Me Free
3  Colour Me Free    2 months ago
A photo obtained by the network shows the slats with a gaping hole in the middle after experts from the Marine Corps were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

HA!  Experts being a key word ….

I can see it now, immigrants at the fence with generators and power tools / oxyacetylene tanks and torches hacking their way in, heavy walled steel square tubing requires a rather heavy duty saw or a torch .. given the 'correct' tools most anything is penetrable .. 

Sunshine
3.1  Sunshine  replied to  Colour Me Free @3    2 months ago

lol

Krishna
3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Colour Me Free @3    2 months ago
immigrants at the fence with generators and power tools/ oxyacetylene tanks and torches hacking their way in,

And lets not forget that most (if not all) of those "immigrants" are members of Arab terrorist organizations or members of drug cartels-- neither of which would have the money to be able to safford those items (nor would they have the degree of motivation required...).

Colour Me Free
3.2.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Krishna @3.2    2 months ago

It seems to have become an issue, there are those that seem to hang on every word from the president .. he is an idiot that spits shit out without thinking and the media sucks and swallows to bring 'We the People' all the drool 'we' can handle ...

I think it is a given that there are those crossing the southern border that have NO desire to bring attention to themselves .. cartels and terrorists being an example - I do not foresee them cutting their way through the fence .. do you - serious question … Do you see the cartels and terrorists cutting a hole in the fence?  Doing so would create a spectacle even in remote areas...

Snuffy
3.2.2  Snuffy  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.1    2 months ago
It seems to have become an issue, there are those that seem to hang on every word from the president .. he is an idiot that spits shit out without thinking and the media sucks and swallows to bring 'We the People' all the drool 'we' can handle ...

yes, this is what politics and arguments have become. Depending on what side they are on, people will look for the exception or the single issue and try to make that win the entire argument. As has been said for many years,  common sense is not very common these days.

Krishna
3.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.1    2 months ago

Do you see the cartels and terrorists cutting a hole in the fence? 

Of course I do. True-- most of those attempting to cross illegally are women and children-- obvious not people who have purchased power tools in Central America to carry to the border, LOL! 

However drug cartels are highly motivated (the amount of profit they make in even one trip is YUGE!). And in the past they've done some very creative things to get drugs across the border-- using catapaults to hurl packets of drugs over high barriers-- and digging some surprisingly long and sophisticated tunnels under the barriers! So cutting through those steel columns would be easy.

(And don't forget the YUGE amounts of money they have-- they can hire various experts in the use of tools-- or just about any other sort of person they need-- big bucks plus threats of intimidation...)

Doing so would create a spectacle even in remote areas...

In very remote area it wouldn't create a spectacle if there was no one there at the time  to see it. (As many familiar with the situation keep mentioning, our border patrol is greatly under-staffed).

Colour Me Free
3.2.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.2    2 months ago
As has been said for many years,  common sense is not very common these days.

Cannot argue with that  … no one seems to be exempt from the affliction either …. too many are accepting opinion as fact, on all sides of the political spectrum ...

Kathleen
3.2.5  Kathleen  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.2    2 months ago

Indeed.

Colour Me Free
3.2.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Krishna @3.2.3    2 months ago
using catapaults to hurl packets of drugs over high barriers-- and digging some surprisingly long and sophisticated tunnels under the barriers! So cutting through those steel columns would be easy.

Okay... not going to argue .. but I will say I do not foresee the cartel cutting holes in the fence .. this whole example in this article is a bit ridiculous, it is not much more that ridicule of the presidents desire to build a wall.... isn't it?

Ed-NavDoc
3.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.1    2 months ago

Good morning Colour Me. Hope all is well with you up in the great Northwest. As you know, I live right on the border and I have seen first hand the ingenuity that illegals and the human and drug smugglers can come up with. They do not need high tech gizmos. A example of what the drug cartels have come up with to get loads of weed and cocaine past the border fence is to pack them in galvanized steel trash cans, put them on the back of a pickup and use a simple compressed air cannon to loft them over the fence! Make a very loud but distinctive semi muffled WHHUUMMP noise. They are very mobile and do this at night and move from place to place for each launch. Then somebody on this side is waiting with a empty truck to pick up the loads and drive away. They have gone off within blocks of my house and I get woken up by them every now and then. Drives the Border Patrol nuts sometimes. Funny how hardly anybody hears about this from the media.

WallyW
3.2.8  WallyW  replied to  Krishna @3.2.3    2 months ago
(As many familiar with the situation keep mentioning, our border patrol is greatly under-staffed).

True that, and the Democrats are responsible since they are holding up any funds being allocated for border security which includes staffing at the checkpoints. But since you say almost all those attempting to cross are women and children, would they have the strength and skill to use those tools they are supposedly carrying to cut through the fence??  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Colour Me Free
3.2.9  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.7    2 months ago

Hello Ed … all is good here in the Norse land : ) still think if Montanans are smart, they will listen to me and fence Montana NOW from the tourist tires that come and never leave .. they may not be illegal - but they are an alien force : )

Funny how hardly anybody hears about this from the media.

An agenda free media might report on such events .. yet the current media platform is designed to make 'illegal alien immigration' look rosy .. saints all of them, just looking for a better life - the poor things.... "These are not the droid you are looking for" type mentality … an expert Marine demolition crew cut a hole in the fence and now the fence is worthless .. go figure...

My Uncle once lived in your neck of the woods .. he would sit out on his deck at night and watch the rats scurry across his property - even vehicles driving across his unfenced areas … no one has a clue how many illegals cross the border and live in the shadows - as long as it can be ignored, and individuals like yourself are poo poo'd, the fantasy can be kept alive that illegals are only looking for a better life.....

P.s... I am all for legal immigration .. 

WallyW
3.2.10  WallyW  replied to  Krishna @3.2    2 months ago

[deleted]

Kathleen
3.2.11  Kathleen  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.7    2 months ago

It must be very difficult to live near the border. You know more then the rest of us how it feels to deal with it.  It's easy to voice your opinion when you don't have to deal with it. 

Kathleen
3.2.12  Kathleen  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.6    2 months ago

If another President ordered this, there would not be so much fuss about it.

Snuffy
3.2.13  Snuffy  replied to  Kathleen @3.2.12    2 months ago

Agreed. There's already 650 miles of border barrier that exists now. Democrats used to vote for border fencing not all that long ago. It really seems that the only real issue right now is Trump. And it's a shame.

Ed-NavDoc
3.2.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.2.1    2 months ago

Cartels, illegals, and human traffickers cutting holes in the border fence happens all the time in my neck of the woods...

SteevieGee
3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Colour Me Free @3    2 months ago
I can see it now, immigrants at the fence with generators and power tools / oxyacetylene tanks and torches hacking their way in

I have a cordless sawzall that would cut through that wall but it would take a while.  This cutoff saw would be the best bet.  It will cut wood, steel, concrete, or just about anything if you have the right blade.  No generator needed.                                                                                                                                                                https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-967181002-K760-14-inch-Cut-Off/dp/B00DI72XFW?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00DI72XFW

Hal A. Lujah
3.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3    2 months ago

I'm thinking a simple jack would be able to bend that shit in minutes.

Colour Me Free
3.3.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3    2 months ago

Thanks SteevieGee …. My bad, I was not considering gas powered devices .. I have one of those particular saws (just not Husqvarna brand) it is a monster .. my hands can no longer handle the beast ….

That said, I said 

given the 'correct' tools most anything is penetrable ..

Colour Me Free
3.3.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.3.1    2 months ago

Like a bottle jack?

The pic makes the tubing look rather thin walled (almost like wood even) but I am thinking it is at least half inch wall .. do you think that steel is 4x4 or 6x6 .. larger?

A large porta power perhaps....

Hal A. Lujah
3.3.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.3.3    2 months ago

One or more manual car jacks working simultaneously at the right distance from the connection point might be able to bend that enough to get a man through it, imo.  

zuksam
3.3.5  zuksam  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.3.3    2 months ago
do you think that steel is 4x4 or 6x6

It looks to be 10"x10'. It's basically like a Lally Column, a steel tube filled with concrete. If it also has rebar running through the concrete it would be much stronger and harder to cut because the concrete would need to be chipped or cut away to get to the rebar to cut that. If it's just a steel sleeve filled with concrete once the sleeve is cut you just need to fracture the concrete post. I don't think anyone should be surprised that the "Experts" from a Marine Corps Demo Team were able to cut through it, that's what they do, that's what they're trained to do and that's what their equipment is designed to do. I'd be shocked if they couldn't do it, the real question is how long did it take to cut one column and how does that compare to the response time of the border patrol.

Colour Me Free
3.3.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.3.4    2 months ago

Fair enough .. I cannot visualize it happening, but I also do not know enough about the steel being used .. after 15 + years working as a fabricator with structural steel .. I do not know the connection point that you speak of, we sleeved splices with steel plates ,,, but I built building and bridges, I am thinking the fence is being built under structural code though .. (I built ornamental artwork/scrulpture/fencing/railing etc on the side)

Colour Me Free
3.3.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  zuksam @3.3.5    2 months ago

Agreed zuksam .. 'expert' is a key word ...

The pic is deceptive at best, and most likely meant to be .. cutting the fence would create quite a ruckus in my opinion, giving border patrol a considerable 'heads up' that someone is attempting to breach the wall.... 

WallyW
3.3.8  WallyW  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3    2 months ago
  No generator needed.  

Right, the battery operated saw will go through that steel slat like a hot knife through warm butter! Thirty seconds and you are in the promised land.

Split Personality
3.3.9  Split Personality  replied to  WallyW @3.3.8    2 months ago

Not like butter, but easy enough, easier with some water.

This one is cordless...

Split Personality
3.3.10  Split Personality  replied to  Colour Me Free @3.3.3    2 months ago

The concrete filling is supposed to prevent the steel "tubing" from flexing

zuksam
4  zuksam    2 months ago

How long do you think it took to cut through that wall ?  How long does it take to run across an open field ? The time difference is the reason we need the wall, it's purpose is to give the border patrol time to respond.

Ozzwald
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  zuksam @4    2 months ago
How long do you think it took to cut through that wall ? 

Does it matter?  It only slows down the first one through, everybody else just goes through the same hole.  Or are you assuming that we will be providing 24/7 visual inspections of every foot of the 2000 mile wall on a daily basis?

Trout Giggles
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    2 months ago
providing 24/7 visual inspections of every foot of the 2000 mile wall on a daily basis?

It will be necessary to provide even if it's a fence with razor wire. Drones could be used...but what is the response time for agents to get to that particular spot?

zuksam
4.1.2  zuksam  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    2 months ago

I would think we would have sensors that would trigger an alarm when it feels the kind of vibrations caused by the kind of power tools it would take to cut through that wall. The wall is supposed to be one part of a system. A Bank Vault won't prevent robbery without an alarm and an alarm does nothing without police to respond. The fact that a vault isn't a be all end all solution to robbery hasn't prevented every bank from installing one, the main purpose of a bank vault is to give police time to respond because without one the robbers would take the money and be gone before the cop even put down his donut. With the wall it's the same thing it probably took more than a hour to cut through that wall which is much longer than the 25 seconds it takes illegals to run across an open field and the vibration of cutting the wall sets off the alarm which alerts the border patrol who respond with boots on the ground and  helicopters and drones in the sky.

Krishna
4.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    2 months ago

It will be necessary to provide even if it's a fence with razor wire. Drones could be used...but what is the response time for agents to get to that particular spot?

After the first people cut through those bars-- what happens next? Obviously it will take a while to fix it-- during which time other people will use the breach to enter the U.S....

We constantly hear how understaffed the border patrol is. They would be able to provide 24 hour surveillance to the first breach-- but eventually there will be more and more...

The only foolproof barrier would have to be incredibly complex, and incredibly expensive. (Of course as Trump has said repeatedly, the Mexicans would be happy to pay for it-- but that would probably bankrupt the entire Mexican economy!)

Perhaps we need something like the Apartheid Wall the Saudis are building:

Tessylo
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  zuksam @4.1.2    2 months ago

So a wall and all these other alert systems?

So I guess rump's wall is going to cost trillions then.  

Not happening.  

Trout Giggles
4.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 months ago

Even with a fence, we're going to have to beef up border patrol.

XDm9mm
4.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.5    2 months ago

Works for me.    More AMERICANS working.

I'd suggest we augment their numbers with strategically placed towers and machine guns.   Then they could also counter the drug cartels on equal footing.

Krishna
4.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 months ago

So a wall and all these other alert systems?

So I guess rump's wall is going to cost trillions then.

Correct! But s o what? Trump has promised (on numerous occasions!) that the Mexicans are going to pay for it. And would Trumplie-- of course not! ("PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT!)

So we will have the Wall, you can be sure of that!

Trout Giggles
4.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.6    2 months ago

Let's not forget mine fields.

Tessylo
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.8    2 months ago

'Let's not forget mine fields.'

And a moat chock full of alligators and crocodiles and sharks, sharks with laser beams on their heads.  

WallyW
4.1.10  WallyW  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.5    2 months ago

Very true, and the money that Trump wants is not just for the hardware, but also for more staffing and increased facilities for screening and processing those seeking asylum.

Trout Giggles
4.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.9    2 months ago

Oooo....I like the moat idea!

arkpdx
4.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.8    2 months ago

Works for me. I have no objections to that. 

Split Personality
4.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @4.1.3    2 months ago

remind anyone of the Maginot line?

Trout Giggles
4.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.13    2 months ago

And that failed miserably....

Sparty On
4.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.13    2 months ago

Not in the least.  

i usually don't compare something intended to stop an invading Armies to something intended to stop illegal immigration.

gooseisgone
4.1.16  gooseisgone  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 months ago

This is rich, a democrat that's a budget hawk.

Tessylo
4.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @4.1.16    2 months ago

Trillions and I'm a budget hawk?

jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

Nowhere Man
4.1.18  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.13    2 months ago
remind anyone of the Maginot line?

The Maginot Line was never completed, and the Germans went around it...... thru the low countries..... which didn't have a wall. (except for Belgium which took the Wehrmacht 36 hours to defeat they went through Luxembourg where there was no wall)

Sparty On
4.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.1.18    2 months ago

Please don't complicate their disinformation campaign with inconvenient facts.... they hate that.

Nowhere Man
4.1.20  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.19    2 months ago

Well I would think that understanding that walls don't work in a full military assault scenario, would lead to the acknowledgement that T-rumps wall won't work in a full military assault scenario either.

Full military assault scenario:

Tanks backed by Combat Troops & Engineers, Artillery, full Air Support with heavy bombers Etc, Etc,

But that's not what we are protecting against is it?

So you see we aren't really protecting the border from invasion at all. Well until these "migrants" get full military support from their allies. Until then we are well within our rights as a nation to control the flow of infiltrators aren't we.

Since they wish to speak in military terms...... How bout that war on drugs?

The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did. — John Ehrlichman, to Dan Baumfor Harper's Magazine in 1994, about PresidentRichard Nixon's war on drugs, declared in 1971.

The same political war that Nixon started lying about way back and every american president has doubled down on since. Finally we have a president that actually wants to do the one thing the rest refused to but claimed they wanted.....

That is what has their panties in a bunch, they (the politicians) don't actually want to stop the flow of drugs into the nation...... 

And the "Refugees" are nothing but a political tool to prevent this next logical step.....

Sparty On
4.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.1.20    2 months ago
Well I would think that understanding that walls don't work in a full military assault

True, problem is as i know you understand, the Maginot line wasn't even a "contiguous" wall.   It really wasn't a "wall" at all.

And the "Refugees" are nothing but a political tool to prevent this next logical step.....

As evidenced by many Dems flip-flop on border security.   This is more about TDS butt-hurt than  what's best for America.

r.t..b...
4.1.22  r.t..b...  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.21    2 months ago
the Maginot line wasn't even a "contiguous" wall. 

But wasn't it sold to the French citizenry as a critical line of defense against invasion? See the analogy in terms of what was promised and what became reality?

Nowhere Man
4.1.23  Nowhere Man  replied to  r.t..b... @4.1.22    2 months ago

Actually, it wasn't "sold" to the french people, they knew it wasn't finished, they ran out of money. the french people understood that their border with Germany was covered, and assumed that the rest of Europe would do likewise.

Poor analogy. Why?

Cause T-rump wants to actually finish it. Interesting that the Dems don't......

The maginot line was a military defense in depth line, it was supposed to be completed along the entire German border the Belgians completed their section but Luxembourg didn't even begin and the Netherlands hardly started.

And the french couldn't very well build it out along the Belgian/Dutch border now could they?

And it wasn't intended to stop illegal immigration, was it?

WE don't have those international political issues do we? (except for the willingness to actually do it, too much money to be lost)

Sparty On
4.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.1.23    2 months ago
they knew it wasn't finished

Plus it was easily thwarted by a newly devised technique at that time. 

Blitzkrieg.

Probably wouldn't have matter if it had been finished.   The Blitzkrieg likely would have still found the weak points and taken advantage of them before France could have responded in force.

Maginot line .....  US Border security wall  ...... it's a ridiculous comparison/analogy to make.   No doubt about it.

Nowhere Man
4.1.25  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.24    2 months ago

Well Blitzkreig works real well when it has surprise and no defenses against it on it's side. The Wehrmacht actually attacked the Maginot Line in two places and fell back. The Belgian fort Eban Emanual fell in three days to german assault engineers who parachuted on to the top of it, otherwise it would have held out even longer....

The Maginot line wasn't unbreachable, but it would have took a long while to pierce, the Germans actually found that out. But then it's purpose was to slow down any german advance into france so they could mobilize.

In that it failed miserably cause it wasn't finished and allies can not be relied on to do their part.

But yes factually, the analogy is a very poor one......

Split Personality
4.1.26  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.1.18    2 months ago

Which, looking at the Saudi map above, was my point.  The Maginot line was tested, for strategies sake, then outflanked.

If Iraq or anyone else wanted to invade SA from the north, they need only sweep around through Kuwait on one end (no wall, no real army )

or Jordan at the other end ( no wall but much better military capability )

Smugglers and immigrants will do the same.

Nowhere Man
4.1.27  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.26    2 months ago
they need only sweep around through Kuwait on one end (no wall, no real army ) or Jordan at the other end ( no wall but much better military capability )

And, we don't have that issue if the wall is completed.....

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    2 months ago
it could be cut through with a saw.

They have to stop using the cheap steel Trump uses in his buildings. (He charges tenants top dollar though)

Trout Giggles
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago
cheap steel

Maybe that's what trmp meant when he promised to bring back manufacturing jobs to America!

XDm9mm
5.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    2 months ago
Maybe that's what trmp meant when he promised to bring back manufacturing jobs to America!

Nice way to insult and denigrate all the AMERICANS working in steel plants around the country.  Any other AMERICAN workers you would like to insult?

Tessylo
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    2 months ago

How is that an insult?  To AMERICANS or otherwise?

You sure have your panties in a bunch.  

Kathleen
5.1.3  Kathleen  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    2 months ago

Don't know if anyone remembers Bethlehem Steel. My dad worked there years ago.  Your comment brought back memories.

Trout Giggles
5.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    2 months ago

How did I insult steel workers? All I meant is maybe we can finally get some manufacturing jobs back to America

Unlike you, I come from a blue collar background. Grampap, Dad and all his brothers were coal miners

Split Personality
5.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Kathleen @5.1.3    2 months ago

Yes, ma'am,  now it's a Casino

and Allan Wood Steel in Conshohocken Pa. 

Now ArcelorMittal, the rolling mill was idled once again 08/2018.  they are still doing plate finishing, but laid off hundreds (again).

XDm9mm
5.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.4    2 months ago
How did I insult steel workers?

You're inference to "cheap steel".

Oh, I've been working for decades, as has my entire family, so don't try that "unlike you" bullshit on me.

Trout Giggles
5.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.6    2 months ago

We import cheap steel from overseas.....with trmp supposedly opening up manufacturing jobs maybe we won;t have to rely on "cheap steel"

You brag about all the work you've done....but none of it was blue collar

Krishna
5.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @5.1.3    2 months ago

Don't know if anyone remembers Bethlehem Steel. My dad worked there years ago.  Your comment brought back memories.

I remember them. Weren't they the biggest (or one of the biggest) steel companies in America? (Perhaps in the world).

Dulay
5.1.9  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    2 months ago
Nice way to insult and denigrate all the AMERICANS working in steel plants around the country.

Do you have any evidence that contracts require that the steel used on the border fence is American made? 

Dulay
5.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @5.1.3    2 months ago
Don't know if anyone remembers Bethlehem Steel.

Bethlehem Steel is still running strong here in Northwest Indiana. 

Nowhere Man
5.1.11  Nowhere Man  replied to  Krishna @5.1.8    2 months ago
I remember them. Weren't they the biggest (or one of the biggest) steel companies in America? (Perhaps in the world).

That would have been US Steel.... There was another I think Bethlehem was #3......

epistte
5.1.12  epistte  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1.11    2 months ago

Then there LTV steel.

Nowhere Man
5.1.13  Nowhere Man  replied to  epistte @5.1.12    2 months ago
LTV steel

Yep, Ling-Temco-Vought went bankrupt in 2000. was replaced by ArcelorMittal in the steel-making hierarchy....

epistte
5.1.14  epistte  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1.13    2 months ago

Locally to me there is Republic Steel. Timken produces steel for their bearings and specialty steels.

Arcelor-Mittal bought the former Cleveland steel LTV works.

The Magic Eight Ball
5.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago
They have to stop using the cheap steel

ya mean the cheap steel from china we were forced to buy after our steel mils closed?  

that is why trump is reopening steel plants in the USA.  manufacturing steel is a national security issue

ya can't blame trump for previous admins decisions to support globalism and sell us out.

but no worries... steel is coming back to our country and globalism is dying as we speak.

Tessylo
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @5.2    2 months ago
'that is why trump is reopening steel plants in the USA.  manufacturing steel is a national security issue'

Since when?  Source?

Split Personality
5.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @5.2    2 months ago

Trump's 2nd EO  ( remember when he lambasted Obama for using EO's?)

was coupled with an Executive Memorandum. (remember when Trump complained about Obama's EM's ? )

The EO declared all infrastructure projects would be completed with US steel and US labor.

The EM fast tracked the permits for Keystone and Dakota pipelines.

So as far as a border wall is concerned, any prototypes and or new sections or walls or repairs are already mandated to be completed with US steel .

Oh and the 2 pipelines?  Later exempted with the excuse that all of the pipe was already purchased, which is sort of a true lie.

Only one US Steel manufacturer makes 36 inch pipeline in the high grade required by the projects.

While future repairs are mandated to be done with American products, only one exists.

Steel analysts have long doubted that the president’s executive order would require the use of U.S.-made steel in the Keystone project, because the pipe for the project has already been purchased. Additionally, it’s questionable whether U.S. producers can make the necessary grade of steel for the 36-inch diameter pipe for the project.

“A lot of the steel grade used in that pipe isn’t readily available in the U.S.,” said Charles Bradford, a steel analyst in New York. Many U.S. steel makers also make pipe that is 24 inches in diameter or less, he said. The Keystone project is using a high grade of steel that is stronger and thicker than most steel used in pipelines and difficult for manufacturers to work with, according to Mr. Bradford.

“When you try to unroll it, it wants to maintain its rolled up shape,” he said. “There are very few people who can do that.”

A further complication is that pipe manufacturers often use steel made elsewhere. TransCanada Corp. , which is building the Keystone XL, said in 2012 that about 50%, or 332,800 tons of the 660,000 tons of high-strength pipe used in the U.S. portion of the project, would be U.S.-made by Welspun in Little Rock, Ark. The rest of the pipe would be from Regina, in Saskatchewan; Ilva, in Italy; and Welspun in India.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/keystone-pipeline-wont-use-u-s-steel-despite-trump-pledge-1488590276

Welspun itself has most of it's operations in India, with the exception of Little Rock Arkansas

Manufacturing Locations

- Anjar and Dahej in Gujarat, India

- Mandya in Karnataka, India

- Little Rock in Arkanasas, USA

- Damman in Saudi Arabia (one of the largest spiral pipe manufacturing facilities in the region)

Apparently Welspun is such an American company that they don't notice that Arkansas is misspelled on their website.

http://www.welspun.com/pipes.asp

Split Personality
5.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @5.2    2 months ago
 that is why trump is reopening steel plants in the USA.  manufacturing steel is a national security issue

Apparently not everyone got the memos, one of my old haunts, Alan Wood Steel Conshohocken PA

was years ago reopened by AlcerolMittal which has been laying off people in Chicago IL, Coatesville PA  in 2016

had gotten the Conshohcken facility up to 300 jobs, laid off 125 in Februay of 2018  and just idled the rolling mills in August.

In spite of what Trump wants, Steel corporations are businesses and operate accordingly.

There were 13 integrated steel mills in the US up through the 208 recession, then there were 9.

That number has not changed yet.

Yes i agree, manufacturing steel is a national security issue, but unless you want to abandon capitalism the future of new plants or the reopening of Alan Wood as an integrated facility

is just rhetoric.

Sparty On
5.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

Once again you post fake news John.   Those cuts clearly weren't made by a saw.

Joseph Goebbels would be proud of your technique John.

Texan1211
5.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago
(He charges tenants top dollar though)

Why do you care, and what business is it of yours what others CHOOSE to pay in rent?

It Is ME
6  It Is ME    2 months ago

3 Ft. thick Concrete it is then. At least he gave the Democrats fence want a try. (snicker face)

Tessylo
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @6    2 months ago

Not happening dude.

Rump is not getting his fucking wall.

We're not paying for it.  

XDm9mm
6.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    2 months ago
We're not paying for it.  

[deleted]

It Is ME
6.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    2 months ago

YOU....have been Paying for every other persons wants funded by government over the decades.

Why does this ONE issue stick in your Craw ?

Something to think about....what deal did Trump actually make with Mexico (Real reporting is lacking on this matter) ? Did it save this country bucks ? If so, Mexico is now paying for a wall with the savings we just got !

Trout Giggles
6.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    2 months ago

I hate trmp and pay taxes.....

The Magic Eight Ball
6.1.4  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    2 months ago
Rump is not getting his fucking wall.

if the dems no longer want to secure our border? (hint=they never actually did)

the military will get it done under "national security.

nothing can stop it.  

Pentagon Preparing for Potential Order to Build the Wall

Tessylo
6.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @6.1.4    2 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

He's still not getting his wall.

I guess that's when he'll lose the remaining 25% who still support him.  

You're using Breitfart as your source?  Even more hilarious.  

Tessylo
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    2 months ago
[Deleted]

Tessylo
6.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.3    2 months ago
'I hate trmp and pay taxes.....'

Yup, me too.  

Tessylo
6.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    2 months ago
'Why does this ONE issue stick in your Craw ?'

It doesn't stick in my craw.  It's the rump supporters who have this stuck in their craw.  

Tessylo
6.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    2 months ago
'Something to think about....what deal did Trump actually make with Mexico (Real reporting is lacking on this matter) ? Did it save this country bucks ? If so, Mexico is now paying for a wall with the savings we just got !'

WTF are you talking about?

It Is ME
6.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.8    2 months ago
It doesn't stick in my craw.  It's the rump supporters who have this stuck in their craw. 

Tada !

"I abhor hypocrisy. "

Don Lemon

It Is ME
6.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.9    2 months ago
WTF are you talking about?

I understand.

WallyW
6.1.12  WallyW  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.3    2 months ago

Wanna medal?

Trout Giggles
6.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  WallyW @6.1.12    2 months ago

No, but I would like a chest to pin it on

WallyW
6.1.14  WallyW  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.13    2 months ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
6.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  WallyW @6.1.14    2 months ago

Nope. Just never had one.

But I'm glad you think older female bodies are so funny and something to ridicule

XDm9mm
6.1.16  XDm9mm  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    2 months ago
[deleted]

It appears some moderators don't appreciate TRUTH.

[The comment would not have been removed if it was not personal in nature. The rest of your comment stands.

XDm9mm
6.1.17  XDm9mm  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.16    2 months ago
[The comment would not have been removed if it was not personal in nature. The rest of your comment stands.

We're not paying for it.  

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........

Then again....  you might be right.  One would have to pay taxes to pay for it, and that leaves so many Trump haters out of any responsibility.

EXACTLY what was "PERSONAL".   It was a GENERAL comment not specific to any one individual PERSONALLY.  I don't know anyone named "One", do you?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.17    2 months ago
I don't know anyone named "One", do you?

Come on.. did you have to? I think it was pretty obvious who the comment was directed to. Please, no more meta on this article. Take your meta to Metafied.

XDm9mm
6.1.19  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.18    2 months ago
think it was pretty obvious who the comment was directed to.

I'm glad you BELIEVE it was obvious.

I suppose I'll need to be MORE SPECIFIC in the future.

So be it.

Ed-NavDoc
6.1.20  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    2 months ago

Ho hummm. Yawn...

Willjay9
6.1.21  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

You mean the deal that hasnt even made it through Congress?!! You mean the deal that will only benefit PRIVATE corporations, that in return thanks to Trumps tax cuts will be bring in 20% LESS to the Treasury??!!

Sparty On
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @6    2 months ago

Nah, then they'll just come out with a study of a hole allegedly made by a hammer and a chisel that was clearly made by a 60 pound Pneumatic Jackhammer.

The crackpottery on display here is SOP for the day with these looners on the left.

Kathleen
7  Kathleen    2 months ago

I am thinking most people try sneaking in.  So why would they draw attention to using some kind of power tool ?  

Krishna
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @7    2 months ago

I am thinking most people try sneaking in.  So why would they draw attention to using some kind of power tool ?  

Why would mothers try to sneak in with a young child if they know so many mothers have had their kids taken away by force and put in steel cages?

And in many cases never to see their kids again because the government forgot to keep track of the kids).

Why would mothers do that?

Kathleen
7.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  Krishna @7.1    2 months ago

I was actually taking about the illegals that are bringing drugs in..  I should have been more specific.  

That is what I was referring to, they would not want any attention to that. I was not talking about mothers and children.

zuksam
7.1.2  zuksam  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 months ago
bringing drugs in

You're right the Drug Dealers don't want to draw attention or raise any alarms. The Drug Cartels won't bother to cut the columns they'll just pack the drugs in skinny packages that fit between the columns and quietly pass them through to people already in the USA.

Dean Moriarty
7.1.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Krishna @7.1    2 months ago

Because the mother desires to stick others with the cost of her children. When the US takes them into the so called cages they provide them with medical care, cloths, food, shelter and education at no expense to the mother. 

Colour Me Free
7.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Krishna @7.1    2 months ago

I ask myself this daily .. every time I see a pic of the mom in the Disney princess shirt (3 sizes too small) dragging 2 kids (in some pics) one kid in other pics around barefoot and in flip flops from tear gas at the border .. I am disgusted that she (as a mother) would do that to her kids.. the kids are prob safer in Obama era dog kennels....

Isn't hyperbole fun?  you did not intend for your comment to be taken seriously did you?  The Zero tolerance policy was discontinued after all...

WallyW
7.1.5  WallyW  replied to  Krishna @7.1    2 months ago

You tell us.

Tessylo
7.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.1.3    2 months ago

'Because the mother desires to stick others with the cost of her children.'  NOT TRUE

The children were ripped away from their mothers and thrown in cages.  'they provide them with medical care, cloths, food, shelter and education at no expense to the mother.' they have to since they ripped them away from their mothers and threw them in cages.  I'm sure that's what the mothers envisioned as they were fleeing death, rape, gangs.  

Dulay
7.1.7  Dulay  replied to  zuksam @7.1.2    2 months ago

DINGO!

Kathleen
7.1.8  Kathleen  replied to  Colour Me Free @7.1.4    2 months ago

Yes!

They are putting their own children in danger. 

It's not all mothers and children, I see guys between the ages of 20 and 40.

1stwarrior
7.1.9  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.6    2 months ago

"Ripped"????  "Thrown"?????? - "they have to since they ripped them away from their mothers and threw them in cages."

WOW - exactly what Barry and his boys and girls did - and some of you folks still like the guy.jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Colour Me Free
7.1.10  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.8    2 months ago

Hi B....

My comment was rather rude, I should have deleted it ... but it gets old hearing about the 'horrors' of Americans treatment of illegal children at the border, when their own mothers use them as props after dragging them across country, to come to a country that said from day one that they were not welcome .. confuses me

In many photos and film clips I saw of the 'mid term election caravan' there were a large number of able bodied men dressed rather well parading across country 'possibly' matching the numbers of women and children....  women and children are used for the close up shots, in order to pull at the heart strings ...

I seem to get more cynical the older I get!  Hard to believe that in 2019 the same discussion that was had in 80's is still being had!!!  Great progress huh?  DACA has not been settled a year and a half later because of poison pills added to bills - the US leadership is incompetent and it did not begin with Trump.. no matter how hard his detractors want to believe it!!!

Krishna
7.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 months ago

I was actually taking about the illegals that are bringing drugs in..  I should have been more specific.  

That is what I was referring to, they would not want any attention to that. I was not talking about mothers and children.

Good point!

I think there are basically 3 different types of people who want to cross the Mexican  border illegally (maybe a small number who don't fir one of these 3 categories):

They have have things in common-- and also significant differences 

1. Terrorists 

2..Potential immigrants & in many cases the"coyotes" who bring them

3. Drug cartels and other drug smugglers

1. Terrorists and Potential terrorists. recently Trump said over 4000 of these were apprehended at the border. Which  was yet another of his frequent "alternative facts" (AKA a "Bargaining Tactic") or what honest people would call a "blatant lie". (In fact when fact checked it turned out there were just 6...and they were being "watched"-- they might not have been terrorists at all but merely people on a watch list-- or who came from a country that had had acts of terrorism). That's just an atempted scare tactic by Trump-- terrorists haven't come in through the Mexican border! (Unless I forgot-- perhaps over the years there were 1-- or two that did? Does anyone here know of any terrorist attack in the U.S. where the terrorist(s) entered via the Mexican border?) So that's not a real  problem. 

2. This steel barrier will stop immigrants (unless someone else cuts a hole in it and they get though before its fixed-- which probably wouldn't happen much.).

3. . Drug cartels. This barrier will not stop any drug smuggling-- not one bit. Even if they don't cut a hole in it-- it will still be just as easy to smuggle in drugs. (Explained in next comment).

Krishna
7.1.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.1.11    2 months ago

3. . Drug cartels. This barrier will not stop any drug smuggling-- not one bit. Even if they don't cut a hole in it-- it will still be just as easy to smuggle in drugs. (Explained in next comment).

This barrier will not stop and drug smuggling. And it won't take any sophisticated tool-- no special saw, no cutting torch, no dynamite, etc. All that is necessary is a very simple tool that can be purchased for a few dollars in any hardware store. (In fact, a potential drug smuggler may discover his wife already has one. (If she sews their clothes herself).

Then smuggling drugs into the U.S. will be "a piece of cake"-- this barrier will in no way stop it, not one bit!

MUVA
7.1.13  MUVA  replied to  Krishna @7.1.12    2 months ago

You are actually claiming it will not stop any drugs even though the experts say it will the call that being a denier. 

MUVA
7.1.14  MUVA  replied to  Krishna @7.1.12    2 months ago

Have you ever used a cut off saw?The saw you would use is at least 900 dollars with the diamond cutting wheels costing hundreds of dollars apiece they actually give you the saw if you buy 5000 dollars worth of blades.

Dulay
7.1.15  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.14    2 months ago

Ever use an angle grinder with a metal cutting blade? 20V cost about $120 bucks + $15 per blade. 

Hell, you can get a portable acetylene cutting torch set up for $200. 

MUVA
7.1.16  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.15    2 months ago

You don't have a clue want you are talking about they cut threw two different materials at once that would kill any blade in a short time.I 'am a expert in metal fabrication and have forgotten more than you know about tools especially these types.

MUVA
7.1.17  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.15    2 months ago

How big of a gas bottle can you pick up and carry yours is a comment with no knowledge.

Kathleen
7.1.18  Kathleen  replied to  Colour Me Free @7.1.10    2 months ago

That's understandable. 

I think lately it's been getting pretty stale, when it's the same arguments day and day out. Yes! if it was a different president asking for these things, it would be a different tune. It's basically the hatred of Trump that motivates all these comments. What they don't seem to understand is that you can still not support a politician and at the same time not spew all the immature comments about that politician. It's either "hate" or nothing at all.  Sorry it is not in me to be that way. 

Hope you have a nice weekend.

JaneDoe
7.1.19  JaneDoe  replied to  Colour Me Free @7.1.4    2 months ago
7.1 Why would mothers try to sneak in with a young child if they know so many mothers have had their kids taken away by force and put in steel cages?
7.1.4 I ask myself this daily

I ask myself that too. It would seem that even having their children taken away by force and put in steel cages is not a deterrent. The picture in comment 7.1 is from a USA news article written in 2014. It was picture 6 of 10. So here we are a little over four and a half years later and we are still in the same position.

Our government is so busy trying to make one side or the other look bad that we can't seem to get anything accomplished.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/25/homeland-security-chief-tours-migrant-facility-in-ariz/11378261/

JaneDoe
7.1.20  JaneDoe  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.9    2 months ago
WOW - exactly what Barry and his boys and girls did - and some of you folks still like the guy.

The picture used above in comment 7.1 is from 2014.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/25/homeland-security-chief-tours-migrant-facility-in-ariz/11378261/

Dulay
7.1.21  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.16    2 months ago
You don't have a clue want you are talking about they cut threw two different materials at once that would kill any blade in a short time.

Since I didn't say a fucking thing about blade longevity, you're the one without a clue. 

Dulay
7.1.22  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.17    2 months ago
How big of a gas bottle can you pick up and carry

What do I have to do with this? 

yours is a comment with no knowledge.

Yours lacks relevance. 

MUVA
7.1.23  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.21    2 months ago

You are talking about cuting metal and concrete with small angle grinder one blade would maybe cut a couple slats but with the concrete maybe one.

Dulay
7.1.24  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.23    2 months ago

Wow so your saying they will need 2 $15 blades...

MUVA
7.1.25  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.22    2 months ago

You said you could use a cutting rigg the oxygen bottle on my small set last about two it wieghs 15 pounds my big oxygen bottle for ways 100 pounds then you need the acetylene bottle.

MUVA
7.1.26  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.24    2 months ago

Have even used tools before?

Dulay
7.1.27  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.25    2 months ago
You said you could use a cutting rigg

I did? Where, post the link. 

So use the small oxygen tank and a smaller acetylene bottle. I've carried more weight for days in an Alice pack. 

Dulay
7.1.28  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.26    2 months ago
Have even used tools before?

Yep, though I'm obviously not the 'expert' on all things that you are.../s

MUVA
7.1.29  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.28    2 months ago

This the one thing I'm a expert on I made no other claim or believ such.Do you actually not remember saying you use acetylene torch you have to use oxygen when you cut it also uses a lot of oxygen to cut .when I bring my small bottles on a job I only use them for heat because it drain the bottle so fast.I want to apologize I shouldn't for being a ass about the way I respond.

Krishna
7.1.30  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @7.1.14    2 months ago
Have you ever used a cut off saw?The saw you would use is at least 900 dollars with the diamond cutting wheels costing hundreds of dollars apiece they actually give you the saw if you buy 5000 dollars worth of blades.

I don't understand why people are going on and on with discussions about various hi-powered, very heavy, and  and very expensive tools that cartels would need to get drugs across the border with this sort of barrier ("steel plates" rather than a wall). They aren't necessary!

Y'all are totally missing the point. Unlike a concrete wall which Trump is longer pushing for, his latest plan,  these sorts of vertical steel "plates" (or"poles" or whatever you want to call them) don't offer any significant resistance to cartels or anyone else for that matter getting drugs across the border.  

The "tool" needed to effortlessly transport drugs across this barrier is small (so much so you could fit it in an ordinary pocket in your pants or jacket).. Lightweight. Incredibly easy to transport. In fact probably many Mexicans already have one....

r.t..b...
7.1.31  r.t..b...  replied to  Krishna @7.1.30    2 months ago
hi-powered, very heavy, and  and very expensive tools

Right? It's like a 'Tool Time' segment on an endless loop. 'Oh, brother.'

MUVA
7.1.32  MUVA  replied to  Krishna @7.1.30    2 months ago

Im only offering a opinion on what kind of tool it would to cut a fence of any kind I can tell it wasn't easy to cut what is in the picture  that is all.

Krishna
7.1.33  seeder  Krishna  replied to  r.t..b... @7.1.31    2 months ago
hi-powered, very heavy, and  and very expensive tools

Right? It's like a 'Tool Time' segment on an endless loop. 'Oh, brother.'

Well, I was deliberately being a bit unclear...

But recently I suddenly realized something: it isn't necessary to have any powerful tool to be able to smuggle drugs with Trump's new "steel slats" wall/fence/barrier. because the fact is-- it will be 100% ineffective against people attempting to bring drugs into this country.

As ridiculous as all of Trump's rhetoric about how wonderful his "steel slats" will be against preventing them from bringing in drugs-- that's just another of his many lies. Because-- the new sort of barrier that Trump's advocating  won't prevent entry of drugs at all...

Because the only tool needed is this:

Certainly not some powerful, hi-tech, expensive tool. Small, light-weight, easy to carry. Very easy to obtain and inexpensive!

(And if they wanted too, ecen mothers with kids could learn how to use it to successfully bring in smaller amounts of deadly drugs)

(In fact, it doesn't even have to be 16'-- they could use a much shorter one....and if they're really good at estimation, they may not even need one at all).

But if the cartel has one of these "tools"-- then still "barrier/fence/wall" pictured cannot possibly stop cartels from getting drugs across the border!!!! :-)

MUVA
7.1.34  MUVA  replied to  Krishna @7.1.33    2 months ago

What tool can fit in your pock that you can cut metal and concrete with in a short time?

Dulay
7.1.35  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.29    2 months ago
Do you actually not remember saying you use acetylene torch you have to use oxygen when you cut it also uses a lot of oxygen to cut .

I don't remember saying that because I never said that. Any review of my comments will prove that to be true. 

321steve
7.1.36  321steve  replied to  MUVA @7.1.34    2 months ago
What tool can fit in your pock that you can cut metal and concrete with in a short time?

I would think a concrete saw, a hand grinder, a sledge hammer, some cutting blades and gasoline would get ya threw in a reasonable amount of time if someone knew how to use those tools. I dont think getting them there would be too much of a challenge either, depending on the people: 

"backpackers -- men, usually Mexican nationals --recruited to walk for as many as 10 days through the desert with 40 to 100 pounds of marijuana strapped to their backs."

https://www.marketplace.org/2011/06/13/life/how-mexican-cartels-get-drugs-across-border

Split Personality
7.1.37  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @7.1.34    2 months ago

He's talking about smuggling drugs and the size of the packages;

all they need to do is make packages that fit through the slats and arrange for Americans or others on this side of the "fence" to pick the packages up for transport.

Many of the drug mules hand off their drugs about 10 miles into the US.  Many are killed or bushwhacked by Americans or other drug cartels.

That will not stop.

https://tucson.com/news/border-patrol-finds-bodies-south-of-tubac/article_43b81cd8-c75a-5e63-a24b-7504b6427c58.html

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/6828427/more-bodies-found-in-arizonas-desert/

Ender
7.1.38  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.37    2 months ago

Everything I have read paints a different story than some try to tell.

Most drugs, heroin, coke, etc, are transported through border crossings or air travel, or water travel.

Some are even sent in the mail. They don't even bother with a fence. Building more is ignoring the problem.

All of the confiscated material that trump had laid before him as examples, the other day, were from things confiscated at border crossings or tunnels.

The thing most throw over a fence is marijuana. It is bulky. Though with more states making it legal, that problem will only diminish.

Hell, one day we may have legal US marijuana being smuggled to Mexico.

Split Personality
7.1.39  Split Personality  replied to  Ender @7.1.38    2 months ago

One can only hope,

it's legal across Canada now!

MUVA
7.1.40  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @7.1.35    2 months ago

You need to look at 7.1.15 I think it's your post.

321steve
7.1.41  321steve  replied to  Ender @7.1.38    2 months ago

If so we need to send them our ditch weed after all the crap weed they sent us up here for years, paybacks are a bitch. 

lol

Dulay
7.1.42  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @7.1.40    2 months ago
You need to look at 7.1.15 I think it's your post.

Oh let's DO:

Hell, you can get a portable acetylene cutting torch set up for $200.

That's a QUOTE right MUVA?

It doesn't say what you claim I said, which was:

Do you actually not remember saying you use acetylene torch you have to use oxygen when you cut it also uses a lot of oxygen to cut .

Does it MUVA? 

You just made that shit up and for no cogent reason that I can decipher. 

Sometimes I think you guys forget that we can ALL read these threads. Carry on digging if you must. 

Krishna
7.1.43  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @7.1.34    2 months ago

I dunno

I give up!

So you  tell me-- what's the answer to your question-- what tool would that be?

GregTx
7.1.44  GregTx  replied to  Krishna @7.1.43    2 months ago

A light saber.........duh!!

Krishna
7.1.45  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.37    2 months ago

He's talking about smuggling drugs and the size of the packages;

all they need to do is make packages that fit through the slats and arrange for Americans or others on this side of the "fence" to pick the packages up for transport.

BINGO!

Trump had gone on and on about how many drugs come into the Mexican border-- and how the Mexican  financed Wall will stop that. Those have been two of his main talking points-- for ...maybe 2 years?

He has backed down drom that campaign promise-- he did shift away from the promise to build .

Now its "steel slats". a wall to these "Steel slats". 

Which makes it even more obvious how these two points are just big lies!

I admit I was being a bit snarky in saying the only tool they'd need now i not some high tech tool but merely  a tape measure (because now that trump has backed down from his campaign promise of a Wall and instead is now promising merely  steel slats--- all the Cartels need is a tape measure (so they know how wide one of the dimensions of the package must be-- the package that now can be passed through the slats!)

Many people here had been assuming-- as I did at first--  that to get drugs into the U.S. the drug smugglers must overcome any barriers and get into the U.S.

Which is how they did it inthe past.

But since Trump has decided not to keep yet another campaign promise (building a Wall)---there's no longer any need to cut a big hole in a Wall-- or even to tunnel under it or attempt to climb over it!

Since trump abandoned his campaign promise to build a Wall ("a big beautiful Wall" in fact) the drug smugglers now no longer need to find a way to cross into the U.S.-- they now can merely pass packages of drugs through Trump's slats-- and have confederates on the  U.S. side pick them up! 

PROMISES MADE- PROMISES BROKEN!

Kavika
7.1.46  Kavika   replied to  GregTx @7.1.44    2 months ago

th?id=OIP.f6NJkH0F2FeyB3RYpLu6bwHaEk&pid

Krishna
7.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @7    2 months ago

They don't.

They don't ant to be noticed... So why would they do that?

The short answer is-- because some people are very stupid.

(They think that they can outsmart "the cops"-- and that they won't be caught).

321steve
7.2.1  321steve  replied to  Krishna @7.2    2 months ago
(They think that they can outsmart "the cops"-- and that they won't be caught).

Evidently many are correct, or we wouldn't have a problem. That's the thing about breaking the law, they have to catch you. THEY always don't.  

Sunshine
8  Sunshine    2 months ago
Why would mothers try to sneak in with a young child if they know so many mothers have had their kids taken away by force and put in steel cages?

Not sure the mothers know that.  Human traffickers lie.

Krishna
8.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sunshine @8    2 months ago

Not sure the mothers know that.  Human traffickers lie.

Are you claiming that they don't have any access to the Internet in Central America?

That they don't even have radio or TV?

That there aren't even any newspapers in Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador?

Sunshine
8.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Krishna @8.1    2 months ago

So these mothers believe everything?  Also the coyotes tell them not to listen and that it is nonsense.   What mother puts their child in extreme danger..the kind that listen to the coyotes.

Krishna
8.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sunshine @8.1.1    2 months ago
What mother puts their child in extreme danger..the kind that listen to the coyotes.

A mother who has two choices-- each of them not very good.

To stay in her own country-- where the odds are that she and her child will be brutally murdered, perhaps gang-raped and then tortured to death. (These countries may have "governments"-- but they are actually run by drug gangs. And they are particularly violent).

Her second choice is to attempt to get into the U.S. If trump is to be believed a huge number of immigrants from there ahve already made it into the U.S. (whether legally or not). So if she has family or close friends in the U.S. she knows what life here is like. 

arkpdx
8.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Krishna @8.1.2    2 months ago
To stay in her own country-- where the odds are that she and her child will be brutally murdered, perhaps gang-raped and then tortured to death.

Except most of those that are in the "caravan" are not fleeing gangs and the threat of murder , rape and torture. They are fleeing the poverty and economics uncertainty in their countries and does not qualify them for refugee or asylum status    

Dulay
8.1.4  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.3    2 months ago

Then they'll be sent back, no worries...

Ronin2
8.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @8.1.4    2 months ago

Assuming they don't skip out on their hearings, and vanish into the states to be with friends/family that hide them.

https://cis.org/Report/Courting-Disaster

U.S. immigration enforcement and adjudication are failing. American immigration courts have the highest failure to appear rates of any courts in the country. Over the last 20 years, 37 percent of all aliens free pending trial failed to appear for their hearings. From the 2,498,375 foreign nationals outside detention during their court proceedings, 1,219,959 were ordered removed, 75 percent of them (918,098) for failing to appear. Only 25 percent of this group — some 301,861 people — actually litigated their claims. Trial courts are three times more likely to issue removal orders for failure to appear than removal orders based upon the merits of fully litigated claims. Nearly 46,000 people each year disappeared from court.1Deportation orders for failure to appear are the largest group of orders issued by immigration courts outside detention facilities.2From 1996 through 2015, removal orders for failure to appear numbered 918,098. Among those who absconded from court were 3,095 aliens from the 36 countries that promote terrorism. A disproportionate number — 338 altogether — came from those countries the U.S. State Department labels state sponsors of terrorism: Iran, Sudan, and Syria. As populations from countries that promote terrorism have increased since 9/11 — from naturalized citizens, immigrants,3and refugees4— plots and acts of Islam-inspired terrorism have also increased, more than twice as many under Barack Obama than under George W. Bush. Unexecuted removal orders now number 953,506 — a 58 percent increase since 2002. An average of 25,107 unexecuted orders of removal were added each year through 2015.5

https://cis.org/Arthur/New-Immigration-Court-Statistics-Released

Interestingly, according to theEOIR statistics, the number ofin absentiaorders, that is, orders of removal issued in cases when the alien fails to appear, continues to increase. In FY 2017, 40,579in absentiaremoval orders were issued, an increase of more than 26 percent over FY 2016, when 32,149in absentiaremoval orders were issued. For the first two quarters of FY 2018, 22,411in absentiaorders were issued; if this trend continues for the rest of the fiscal year, the number of removal orders issued after aliens fail to appear for their hearings will surpass FY 2017. The reason for the increase inin absentiaorders is not entirely clear, but may reflect a concern amongst aliens with no relief, or weak claims to relief, that they are more likely to be ordered removed under the Trump administration than they were under the Obama administration. That said, the number ofin absentiaorders of removal has been steadily increasing since FY 2012, following a drop off between FY 2010 (20,412in absentiaorders of removal) and FY 2012 (16,491in absentiaorders of removal).

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/justice-half-of-young-illegal-immigrants-skip-deportation-hearings-up-1-500

Let them in and a good percentage will disappear; and finding them will cost much more in terms of resources and man power- than stopping them at the border.

Dulay
8.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.5    2 months ago
Assuming they don't skip out on their hearings, and vanish into the states to be with friends/family that hide them.

Nope. Those released for hearings have already had 'credible fear' interviews. If they do not pass that interview, they do NOT get let in, they get sent back. 

Dulay
8.2  Dulay  replied to  Sunshine @8    2 months ago
Human traffickers lie.

You know there is a difference between Human trafficking and Human smuggling right? 

Kavika
9  Kavika     2 months ago

The Great Wall of China looked great:

The_Great_Wall_of_China_Facts_4.jpg

Until these guys breached it in 1215. They went through it, around it, over it. Also bribed their way through. They were an industrious lot.

mongol-horde-invasion.jpg

Trout Giggles
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago

LOL! The Mongol herds. I hear that like every 5th person in China (or is it Mongolia) is related to Genghis Khan

Kavika
9.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    2 months ago

Actually it's all parts of the world that the Mongols conquered. 

Genghis Khan, Prolific Lover and the number is in the millions. 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/02/mongolia-genghis-khan-dna/

BTW, I have that distinct Y chromosome so it's no wonder how I was able to help increase the population of both Australia and the U.S.  

Trout Giggles
9.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.1    2 months ago
I have that distinct Y chromosome so it's no wonder how I was able to help increase the population of both Australia and the U.S.  

Got your Genghis on, did ya?

So they are found in the Americas, too?

Krishna
9.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    2 months ago

I hear that like every 5th person in China (or is it Mongolia) is related to Genghis Khan.

OMG-- I hope Buzz is not one of them!

Probably not....

(Funny-- he doesn't look Mongolish!!!)

Kavika
9.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.2    2 months ago

You've heard of the Bering Strait theory haven't you...LOL....We do get around, Trout.

Trout Giggles
9.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.4    2 months ago

Damn! Now I have the Beach Boys in my head.

Sparty On
9.2  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago

Lol, when immigrants at our border become organized Armies, start riding horses, subvert US Border Patrol and are issued Mongol Sabers perhaps this is good comparison.  

Otherwise ..... not so much jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
9.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @9.2    2 months ago
Lol, when immigrants at our border become organized Armies, start riding horses.

I'm pretty sure that happened in the 15th century. Besides it was a bit of satire on the need for a lot more than a wall. You know that technology thingy. 

BTW when are you going to start building that wall between Michigan and Canada? Damn lot of terrorists have breached that border.

1jh26m.jpg

Sparty On
9.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9.2.1    2 months ago

We've got a natural barrier and its pretty tough to build a wall on that ..... seeing that it's water.  

Besides, its a damn spot tougher emigrating from Greenland and Russian to the US than it is from Honduras or Guatemala.   Unless of course you're Grizzly Adams.

So no worries .....

Kavika
9.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @9.2.2    2 months ago
We've got a natural barrier and its pretty tough to build a wall on that ..... seeing that it's water.  

I'm sure that the Rio Grande is a river and we're going to build a fence/wall there. Perhaps our northern friends can learn from Texas....

You're aware that more terrorists have been caught crossing our northern border than the southern one, right?..

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/canadian-border-bigger-terror-threat-mexican-border-says-border-patrol-chief

But some can see Russia from their front porch ya know. Also the Viking moved from Greenland to the north American mainland without much of a problem a thousand years ago...

Sparty On
9.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9.2.3    2 months ago
I'm sure that the Rio Grande is a river and we're going to build a fence/wall there. Perhaps our northern friends can learn from Texas....

Tell ya what.   We'll both grab an inner-tube, you get the Great Lakes and i get the Rio G.   We can compare notes after we cross if you survive.

You're aware that more terrorists have been caught crossing our northern border than the southern one, right?..

I thought we were talking about walls to help control immigration.   Is this thread about walls to curb Terrorism?

But some can see Russia from their front porch ya know. Also the Viking moved from Greenland to the north American mainland without much of a problem a thousand years ago...

C'mon Kavika, you're better that this.   Like Al Gore on inventing the internet, that comment was clearly misquoted but if it makes you feel better to use it.   By all means ... feel free

Kavika
9.2.5  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @9.2.4    2 months ago
Tell ya what.   We'll both grab an inner-tube, you get the Great Lakes and i get the Rio G.   We can compare notes after we cross if you survive.

Did you forget that I was born and raised on Gitchi Gumi (Lake Superior) also lived on the MN Canadian border (Warroad MN) on the Rainy River which is part of the border between the US and Canada and Lake of the Woods another water barrier between countries. Of course I know that it would be much more difficult to cross Lake Superior than the Rio Grande, but like the Rio Grande the great lakes don't cover the entire US Canadian border. 

The comment was if there going to build a wall on the Rio Grande or on either side why can't the same thing be done on the Great Lakes.

I thought we were talking about walls to curb immigration.   Is this thread about walls to curb Terrorism?

According to many articles and Trumps own words the wall will help stop terrorists. So it would seem to me that it's valid to bring in the terrorist aspect. And there is the drug aspect to building the wall as well. All seem to be valid points in a debate. 

C'mon Kavika, you're better that this.   Like Al Gore on inventing the internet, that comment was clearly misquoted but if it makes you feel better to use it.   By all means

Yes, of course it isn't the correct quote from Palin. It was ''“You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.”

It doesn't make me feel either way, it was a spoof sorry it went ''Woosh''. 

Trout Giggles
9.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.2.5    2 months ago

The Great Lakes only separate a small part of Canada from the US. I crossed the US-Canadian border in Montana and from Alaska. I understand you can also cross it into Washington State.

Surely I'm not the only one who knows this, am I?

And then there's Niagra Falls. My own daughter just made a visit there a few months ago. Had to have a passport....but crossed into Canada pretty easily.

Sparty On
9.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9.2.5    2 months ago

Lol, yeah right.    Whatever you say buddy.    But it is nice to see you don't feel either way.   Then you won't feel anything about your woosh that wasn't .....

Kavika
9.2.8  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @9.2.7    2 months ago
Lol, yeah right.    Whatever you say buddy.    But it is nice to see you don't feel either way.   Then you won't feel anything about your woosh that wasn't .....

LOL, not much of comment...But the woosh really was. 

Sparty On
9.2.9  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9.2.8    2 months ago
But the woosh really was. 

Sure it was .....

Willjay9
9.2.10  Willjay9  replied to  Sparty On @9.2    2 months ago

Well....if you believe Trump and his adminstration....they're doing that now!

Sparty On
9.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  Willjay9 @9.2.10    2 months ago

Welll ..... nope ..... not even close.

KDMichigan
9.2.12  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.6    2 months ago
The Great Lakes only separate a small part of Canada from the US. I crossed the US-Canadian border in Montana and from Alaska. I understand you can also cross it into Washington State.

Well if you are going to jump in with your vast knowledge [deleted]

Kavika commented about a wall between Michigan and Canada. The problem with that is Canada and Michigan are separated by water.

Sunshine
9.3  Sunshine  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago
Until these guys breached it in 1215

We are going to need a bigger wall!  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I haven't seen too many illegals with swords and horses.  

When we do we can use our military...think swords and horses will defeat our military? jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
9.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Sunshine @9.3    2 months ago
We are going to need a bigger wall!

Bigger than the Great Wall of China....WOW better at least triple that $5 billion down payment. 

I haven't seen too many illegals with swords and horses.

Here's one...Oh wait, just a friend of Trumps going for a ride..jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

putin-on-a-horse.jpg?w=650&h=488

Dulay
9.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Sunshine @9.3    2 months ago

Then we're going to need over 17 centuries and millions of slaves...

Sunshine
9.3.3  Sunshine  replied to  Dulay @9.3.2    2 months ago

A bigger wall than what is proposed...nothing to do with slaves and centuries.

Good grief...talk about "swoosh".

Dulay
9.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Sunshine @9.3.3    2 months ago
A bigger wall than what is proposed

As of 7/18, CBP STILL hadn't figured out WTF they wanted. So what has been proposed EXACTLY? 

Krishna
9.3.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @9.3.1    2 months ago
Here's one...Oh wait, just a friend of Trumps going for a ride..

He's more than just a friend-- he's Trump's boss!

Sparty On
10  Sparty On    2 months ago

This is the type of quality reporting we've come to expect from todays mass media.   Dumb-asses can't even tell the difference between a "saw" cut and a "torch" cut.   You'd have to be special kind of stupid to fall for this type of propaganda.

The steel of that fence  was clearly cut with some sort a cutting torch and not a saw.   And i'm sure you're average immigrant is humping one of those along to breach any wall they come across .... NOT!

This is just more left wing nonsense from a clearly left wing media.   Food from the hive for the drones .....

Colour Me Free
10.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sparty On @10    2 months ago
The steel of that fence  was clearly cut with some sort a cutting torch and not a saw. 

Thank you Sparty On …. I just posted below, after seeing the cuts made in a bigger picture the slag that was present - I should have looked more closely to start with....

Sparty On
10.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Colour Me Free @10.1    2 months ago

No worries, i've done the same thing when crafting a reply.

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Colour Me Free
10.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.1    2 months ago

It takes me forever to draft a reply .. half the time I end up walking away - then return to change a few things before posting .. can take up to 20 minutes just for a one liner  : )

Colour Me Free
11  Colour Me Free    2 months ago

I was just out wandering around the interweb … and found this article, with a close up pic of the 'hole in the wall' being said to be a saw cut … sorry to disappoint, but that steel pictured was not cut by a saw.. on the side closest to 'our' view there is slag left behind with jagged edges, only produced via heat from a oxyacetylene, arc cutting or plasm torch (as examples of heat sources to cut steel) .. there was no such saw with a torch attached when I was still working with structural steel.... perhaps the 'expert' Marines have them?  I sincerely do not know what the military has available to them in the line of 'portable industrial tools' … I sent an email to my buddy that is a Naval deep sea welder, perhaps he can enlighten me on the subject..

The steel tubing is also turned so the corners are facing each other .. there goes the jack can bend it theory... Was it 'Myth Busters' that debunked claims?  I would like to see them cut the border fence prototypes, so it can be seen what it actually takes to accomplish .. I am not seeing enough clearance between slats for a saw to cut all the way through from one side.... until after the first section of column is removed.. not an easy task in my opinion...

This article supplies more 'in depth reporting' for what that is worth...   what the media, DHS are selling .. I am not buying, until said time I see said cutting done  

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through A photo shows that the steel columns were breached with a common industrial tool.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Sparty On
11.1  Sparty On  replied to  Colour Me Free @11    2 months ago

There is nothing common about a cutting torch nor do most people have a clue on how to use one.   For that matter there is nothing common about a cutting saw that could cut through that assembly.   You're not finding either in your average Americans garage let alone one in Mexico.

Colour Me Free
11.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sparty On @11.1    2 months ago

Agreed … it would be a feat to accomplish the cutting of the steel columns … I do not think I own a tip big enough to concentrate the heat needed to cut the steel with a heat sink like concrete in the middle... using the plas would only ruin tips from the blow back...

Sparty On
11.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.1.1    2 months ago

You can do it but it's tough to make a clean cut.   I've cut concrete filled steel Bollards before with a simple Oxyacetylene torch.   You basically just blow the steel out of the way and then go at the concrete behind it with a concrete saw or something bigger.   Like a front end loader you've bribed with a six pack.

Colour Me Free
11.1.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.2    2 months ago

I cut bollards out at an old loading dock, basically the same way you are saying - it is amazing what heavy equipment can do : ) .. but if I recall correctly they were like schedule 40 pipe .. 'Shirley' the mechanical tubing used on the border fence is heavier than schedule 40 pipe (?)

Sparty On
11.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.1.3    2 months ago

Throw a couple sticks of re-rod in the concrete when you're pouring it in the bollard and you can wreck even a loaders day.  

Then its down to a chop saw with a nice diamond blade.

Most immigrants have one of those stashed in their backpacks don't they? 

Colour Me Free
11.1.5  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.4    2 months ago
Throw a couple sticks of re-rod in the concrete when you're pouring it in the bollard and you can wreck even a loaders day.

Good point : )

Most immigrants have one of those stashed in their backpacks don't they?

Lol yep .. standard backpack equipment, right next to the torch : )

… I believe my 12" weighs 23 lbs  … I repaired quite a few of those dirty oil and gas soaked aluminum housings when I worked in a 'jobs shop', the saw tends to get dropped .. wonder if that could have anything to do with the weight?

Nice chatting with you Sparty On … do not get the chance to chat with individuals familiar with the art of steel fabricating that often these days  : )

Nowhere Man
11.1.6  Nowhere Man  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.1.5    2 months ago

Yep that what plain steel tube filled with concrete looks like..... Easy to get through if you have the proper equipment.... One better,

Hardened Drill Casing......

The boring machine for the Seattle Tunnel project broke after hitting a single piece of it......

Trust me, they can make it virtually impenetrable with any common tools if they want to...

Krishna
11.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @11.1    2 months ago

There is nothing common about a cutting torch nor do most people have a clue on how to use one.  

Good point- and the drug cartels don't have anywhere near the amount of money to obtain one--- nor do they have themoney to hire someone who knows how to use it!

Sparty On
11.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @11.1.7    2 months ago

Mongol Armies ..... immigrants with heavy power tools  ...... drug cartels?   

The ridiculous rationalizations being used against building a wall just get sillier and sillier

Split Personality
11.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.8    2 months ago
immigrants with heavy power tools  ...... drug cartels?  

Not immigrants, the coyotes that specialize in bringing them to the border and sometimes much further, the one's collecting thousands in fees from those immigrants.

Drug cartels go around, under or use the ports of entry, with cars & trucks & rail air and sea.  The land border is immaterial to them.

Sparty On
11.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @11.1.9    2 months ago

Okay, we can add "Coyotes" to list of liberal rationalizations that argue against border security measures.

Kathleen
12  Kathleen    2 months ago

Can someone tell me about how many illegals come across the southern border each year.

XDm9mm
12.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Kathleen @12    2 months ago

This is from DHS and represents only those actually apprehended.

More than 107,000 members of these “family units” were taken into custody in 2018, shattering the previous record of nearly 78,000 in 2016. Overall, that is more than 369,000 arrests along the border in 2018.

Source:  https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-patrol-arrests-record-number-of-illegals-crossing-southern-border

Of course, there are already between 10 and 20 million here, so what's a few hundred thousand more?

Kathleen
12.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1    2 months ago

Thanks XD.

Looks like this has been a crisis for some time. 

They sure need to do something.

Dismayed Patriot
12.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.1    2 months ago
Looks like this has been a crisis for some time.  They sure need to do something.

The numbers he listed were the ones caught and deported. The actual overall number of illegal immigrants is dropping which proves this supposed "crisis" is purely manufactured by Trump loyalists who think he won't be able to win in 2020 if he doesn't keep his promise to supporters to build a wall no matter how bad an idea it is and the fact that Trumps own administration and advisers recommended against it.

Here are some actual facts:

"The number of Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. illegally has declined by more than 1 million since 2007."

"In fiscal 2017, the Border Patrol made 130,454 apprehensions of Mexicans, a sharp drop from a peak of 1.6 million apprehensions in 2000."

"Mexicans were deported from the U.S. 245,306 times in 2016 – up from 169,031 in 2005, but down from a recent high of 308,828 in 2013."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/12/03/what-we-know-about-illegal-immigration-from-mexico/

"So, is there a current "crisis" of illegal immigration on the southern border?

"No," says Jacinta Ma, director of policy and advocacy for the National Immigration Forum, which advocates on behalf of immigrants.

"Even with the rise in apprehensions over the last year, it's way down from the early 2000s."

Do most illegal entries take place at the southern border?

Illegal border crossings are not limited to the southern border - in 2017, for example, there were also 3,027 illegal apprehensions along the Canadian border and 3,588 from the coastal border.

While cross-border migrants often make headlines, the largest number of illegal migrants settling in the US each year is those who stay in the country after their visas expire.

According to the most recent reports by the Department of Homeland Security and the Center for Migration Studies, a non-partisan think-tank, the number who overstayed their visas has outnumbered those who crossed the border illegally every year since 2007.

Canadians make up the largest group of these illegal migrants, followed by Mexicans."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44319094

And to reply to a question asked in another thread that was locked but along the same topic, I have nothing against Canadians. But the fact is they're the ones who make up the largest group of illegal immigrants, so why are we so fixated on the southern border? Why are there claims of Democrats wanting open border when no on in the GOP is suggesting we close the northern border either, wouldn't that mean they are also for "open borders"? It's impossible not to assume the issue many GOP have with the southern border is that the illegal immigrants are brown and don't speak English as a first language. So it's really less about the "illegal" part and far more about the fear of the "browning of America" and the loss of what many bigots see as their "white culture". 

The current supposed "crisis" at the border is nothing of the sort. It was manufactured out of whole cloth, likely a used confederate flag, to gin up fear in Trumps base. It is a ruse, it is a distraction, it is an attempt to make the tail wag the dog. Anyone buying into it is either woefully misinformed or just another poorly educated rube who has been bamboozled and lied to by the liar in chief.

XDm9mm
12.1.3  XDm9mm  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.2    2 months ago
Can someone tell me about how many illegals come across the southern border each year.

THAT was the question I responded to.   As the TOTAL number is actually unknown as many evade detection and capture, can you refute the numbers I provided?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

XDm9mm
12.1.4  XDm9mm  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.1    2 months ago
Looks like this has been a crisis for some time.  They sure need to do something.

It's been a crisis since Reagan approved amnesty in return for border security as PROMISED by the Democrats back in 1986.

They lied then and lie now.  It really is that simple.

Dismayed Patriot
12.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.3    2 months ago
As the TOTAL number is actually unknown as many evade detection and capture, can you refute the numbers I provided?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Failing to mention that the number was 1.3 million not so long ago is disingenuous and was intended to lead Kathleen into believing something that simply is not true, that illegal border crossing are somehow a new "crisis". Your lies of omission were just as telling as the cherry picked truth you posted.

Dismayed Patriot
12.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.4    2 months ago
It's been a crisis since Reagan approved amnesty in return for border security as PROMISED by the Democrats back in 1986.

So with 70% of illegal immigrants coming from overstayed visas, and the largest offender of overstaying visas and living illegally in the US are Canadians, why all the anger and angst against those on our southern border as opposed to our northern border?

Kathleen
12.1.7  Kathleen  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.2    2 months ago

So why do you think that there is more fuss about the Southern border then the Canadian border?

What border do most of the drugs come through?

I never hear any issues from the other borders, so there has to be a good reason that not just Trump, but all the other politicians want to do "something". 

Why do "all" the politicians want to do "something more" to control the southern border?

XDm9mm
12.1.8  XDm9mm  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.5    2 months ago

Can't you grasp that I only provided the actual number that DHS apprehended?  Is that FACT too difficult to understand?

Further, how can you actually KNOW with absolute certainty EXACTLY how many come across as DHS had only reported THOSE APPREHENDED.

XDm9mm
12.1.9  XDm9mm  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.7    2 months ago

Well, there's this by DHS.  Unfortunately, it's an older paper, but still relevant.  Oh, by the way, it's from the Obama era to boot.

Data on drug seizures at the U.S. border indicate an alarming volume of trafficking taking place in recent years. Since 2009, heroin seizures at the southwestern border havealmost tripled, while meth seizures quintupled through 2014. Worse yet, cocaine and marijuana remain two of the most commonly seized drugs along our southern borders, equating to millions of pounds seized by U.S. Border Patrol. 

Source:  https://drugabuse.com/featured/drug-trafficking-across-borders/

XDm9mm
12.1.10  XDm9mm  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.6    2 months ago
So with 70% of illegal immigrants coming from overstayed visas, and the largest offender of overstaying visas and living illegally in the US are Canadians, why all the anger and angst against those on our southern border as opposed to our northern border?

Personally, and I've stated this many times on many threads.......

I DON"T GIVE A SHIT WHERE THEY CAME/COME FROM.  CHINA, ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, MEXICO, GERMANY, FRANCE or ANY OTHER COUNTRY, shut it down and locate and deport them all.  PERIOD END OF STORY.

Is that a simple enough explanation for you or do you need greater detail?

321steve
12.1.11  321steve  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.9    2 months ago

Humans will never stop other humans who want to use drugs from getting, making and using drugs.  You could stop every human from crossing that border and America would still be full of drugs one way or another.  Just look at alcohol prohibition....lol

Marijuana has been illegal my whole life till recently, But, I never had a problem getting all the marijuana I wanted.  Prohibiting stuff doesn't work if people really want what you say they cant have. Thats life.  

Sunshine
12.1.12  Sunshine  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.10    2 months ago

Actually they are from Africa.  Another one spouting nonsense.

XDm9mm
12.1.13  XDm9mm  replied to  321steve @12.1.11    2 months ago
Humans will never stop other humans who want to use drugs from getting, making and using drugs.

Yeah...  we all know that.  Personally, I don't give a shit what other people use/abuse as long as they don't involve me and mine in their drug addled proclivities.  However, once they get their asses addicted to whatever it is they use, DON'T come to me asking for my sympathy and dollars to help get them clean.   They put themselves in the position they find themselves in, let them find a way out ON THEIR OWN.

r.t..b...
12.1.14  r.t..b...  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.10    2 months ago
Is that a simple enough explanation

A perfectly simple explanation....that does little to address the actual situation; unless of course you are advocating the deportation of millions with the Feds (military) knocking on doors, checking papers, detaining those millions and ultimately shipping them off. Simple enough, indeed.

321steve
12.1.15  321steve  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.13    2 months ago

I fully agree with your post, Thanks. 

Unfortunately addicted people cost all of us in many different ways. Alcoholism and cancer from tobacco products actually top the list right after obesity and lack of exercise. Fat lazy stupid americans isn't just a saying, its many of us and it costs all of us.

Dismayed Patriot
12.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.7    2 months ago
So why do you think that there is more fuss about the Southern border then the Canadian border?

I think the answer is fairly obvious, it's an easy ready made straw man for the GOP to drag around to their rallies to rile up a xenophobic base.

"What border do most of the drugs come through?"

"the vast majority of heroin that crosses over from Mexico is smuggled through legal ports of entry – not in the vacant parts of the border that the wall would occupy, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency’s (DEA) 2018 National Drug Threat Assessment."

“A small percentage of all heroin seized by [Customs and Border Protection agents] along the land border was between Ports of Entry,” the DEA wrote. “The majority of the [heroin] flow is through [private vehicles] entering the United States at legal ports of entry, followed by tractor-trailers, where the heroin is co-mingled with legal goods.”

"I never hear any issues from the other borders, so there has to be a good reason that not just Trump, but all the other politicians want to do "something".

In the past we've had as many at 1.3 million crossing the border annually which were mostly young to middle age male Mexican nationals looking for work. Today those demographics have changed dramatically. Now we see far more south Americans coming here seeking asylum, not just crossing the border looking for better paying ag work. What many politicians see is an easy target to blame their constituents problems on instead of where the blame should fall, on the feckless legislature who have done very little actual governing in the last several years, really since Obama took office in 2009 and the Republicans decided as then Senator George Voinovich admitted “If (Obama) was for it, we had to be against it,”  “(GOP Leader McConnell) wanted everyone to hold the fort. All he cared about was making sure Obama could never have a clean victory.”

"Why do "all" the politicians want to do "something more" to control the southern border?"

Because it's easy for them to focus on the straw in someone else's eye rather than address the rafter in their own. They would rather their constituents be looking at some foreigner to blame than to realize the majority of their problems are actually caused by the ineffectual neutered representatives who can't make any substantive change because they're apparently deathly allergic to compromise.

Krishna
12.1.17  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.1    2 months ago

Thanks XD.

Looks like this has been a crisis for some time. 

They sure need to do something.

No-- not for some time-- it only started when Trump took office.

They do need to do something.

People ask how come past presidents like Bush never did anything to remedy the problem. 

Nor did his father. Nor did gerald Ford. Nor did Nixon. Heck-- even Eisenhower didn't build a wall! Why? Why didn't all those republican presidents try to build a Wall like Trump?

There's only one obvious answer-- no one tried to take this issue seriously 'till Trump--because this wasn't a so-called "National Emergency" 'till Trump got into office!!!

Krishna
12.1.18  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sunshine @12.1.12    2 months ago

Actually they are from Africa.

Link?

Sunshine
12.1.19  Sunshine  replied to  Krishna @12.1.18    2 months ago

Good gawd, did you ask for a link for the other comment?  What is it with you people?  Link, link, good grief.  Next time you can look it up yourself.  

The highest rates of overstays were from African countries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/us/homeland-security-foreigners-overstayed-visas.html

Texan1211
12.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @12.1.19    2 months ago
Good gawd, did you ask for a link for the other comment. What is it with you people? Link, link, good grief. Next time you can look it up yourself.

[deleted]

XDm9mm
12.1.21  XDm9mm  replied to  Krishna @12.1.17    2 months ago
No-- not for some time-- it only started when Trump took office.

Hardly.   Eisenhower rounded them up and shipped them out.  He didn't fuck around with politically correct bullshit.   It was called Operation Wetback.

Reagan tried to negotiate with the Democrats in 1986.  On their promise of border security, he granted millions of illegal alien invaders amnesty.  Well, long story short, the Democrats got their amnesty, and Reagan and the american people got Democrat butt fucked.

Since then, we've had spineless Republican globalist apologists and Democrat hypocrites TALKING about border security to placate voters, and then butt fucking them circa 1986 Democrats.

But, I'll grant that NO ONE took it seriously until Trump....   now with President Trump actually demanding security first then we'll negotiate other shit, politicians are in a panic.

XDm9mm
12.1.22  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @12.1.14    2 months ago

Why not.....   I'm not afraid, are you?   

Oh, you ARE aware aren't you that unless martial law is declared, the military can't function on American soil in a law enforcement manner.

Krishna
12.1.23  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @12.1.7    2 months ago

Well, the Opioid Crisis is a real national emergency. But those drug sellers at least for the most part did not come in via the Mexican border!

However regardless of how many non-prescription drugs come through via the Mexican border, this wall.barrier can't possible stop that flow-- not one bit! (See comment # 7.1.12)

Split Personality
12.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @12.1.19    2 months ago

Some context would be indicated.

Your link states the that highest rates are from 2 African countries.

Can't argue with that statement, Butrina Faso's "rate" was 1146 overstays out of 4494 visa issued in 2016,  a "rate" of 25.5%.

Like wise scary Dijbouti, the second highest rate, was determined by 95 overstays out of 382 visas.

On the other hand China's "rate was .083% based on 17,108 overstays out of 2,058,311  visitors.

All of which is eclipsed by Brazil ( 36,929 overstays) Columbia ( 18,404 overstays ) and Venezuela ( 22,906 overstays ).

These three countries account for 30% of the  overstays,

Nepal has a high rate of 23.5% based on 675 overstays

Followed by the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain all in the 18 - 19% range.

The winner, just to make a point about statistics,

is North Korea.  3 overstays on 11 visas.  27.7%

So the author of the article, a Mr. Nixon clearly wasn't looking at the the tables from DHS when he said this

The highest rates of overstays were from African countries. A quarter of all visitors from Burkina Faso and Djibouti overstayed their tourist or business visa.

European countries like France and Germany, which are exempt under the visa-waiver program, had lower overall rates of people overstaying their visas, less than 1 percent

The data from DHS clearly states otherwise and his remarks about the 2 African countries are taken completely out of context, using only Table 4 ( out of 6 Tables)

Interesting reading...https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/Entry%20and%20Exit%20Overstay%20Report%2C%20Fiscal%20Year%202016.pdf

epistte
12.1.25  epistte  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.6    2 months ago

Canadians are white and speak fluent English, so the Hispanic xenophobia emotion is not triggered by them.  

The very fact that most undocumented immigrants come here legally and overstay their visa is proof that the wall is an ineffective solution, even if there was an immigration problem. The desire for a border wall is driven by Trump's claim of "Mexico will pay for it" and his constant racist dog whistles.  His supporters want to blame immigrants for their lack of economic advancement when the truth is that GOP "trickle down" policies is to blame. 

Sunshine
12.2  Sunshine  replied to  Kathleen @12    2 months ago
how many illegals come across the southern border each year.

too many Kathleen...all should be processed legally.  Get in line.

MUVA
13  MUVA    2 months ago

The fence in the picture appeared to be cut with a oxygen acetylene rig and not a saw look at the jagged cut a cut off saw with a diamond cutting wheel would have made a clean cut.   

Split Personality
13.1  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @13    2 months ago

Why does the concrete filler  look like a flat "cut" and have no scorching?

Remember, the Marines were tasked with using easily accessible common tools.

You can carry portable saws  (which anyone can operate) to a site,  an OxAc rig, not so easy.

just saying...

MUVA
13.1.1  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @13.1    2 months ago

When the concrete gets hot it cracks and almost explodes why are the cut jagged. I own a couple cut off saws and a 3 plasma cutters I know how to use just about any tool made.

MUVA
13.1.2  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @13.1    2 months ago

Do you how long you can run one of those small saws before it runs out of gas?

dave-2693993
13.1.3  dave-2693993  replied to  MUVA @13.1.1    2 months ago
plasma cutters

My favorite tool of all on the planet.

Bar None.

MUVA
13.1.4  MUVA  replied to  dave-2693993 @13.1.3    2 months ago

i knew you probably have actually use one we have to cut the sterns out of boats sometimes to replace the Engines then re-weld or tig it back together we do this in as little as 3 days sometimes.My avatar is of a boat that we build the radar and gun mounts and helicopter lifting eyes for.patrol-boat-light.jpg

321steve
13.1.5  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.2    2 months ago
Do you how long you can run one of those small saws before it runs out of gas?

Not too long, but, luckily they make gas cans you can also buy pretty cheaply. 

MUVA
13.1.7  MUVA  replied to  321steve @13.1.5    2 months ago

Have you ever tried to start one of these saws?

321steve
13.1.8  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.7    2 months ago
Have you ever tried to start one of these saws?

I built swimming pools in Fl for 11 years, I've started and ran plenty of gas powered concrete saws, a plasma cutter, No But I did run a few concrete saws out of gas.. 

And I figured out, That's why a gas can is important to have along as well. LOL 

MUVA
13.1.9  MUVA  replied to  321steve @13.1.8    2 months ago

Cut off maybe one of the most frustrating tools made did you ever cut threw two different materials at one time it fucks up the cutting wheel fast.

321steve
13.1.10  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.9    2 months ago
cut threw two different materials at one time it fucks up the cutting wheel fast.

True, But if I walked 700 miles I'd do what I had to to go the last one. Anyway I could.

MUVA
13.1.11  MUVA  replied to  321steve @13.1.10    2 months ago

The blades will explode trying to cut threw material like concrete without water the blades would last long it isn't like cutting rebar.

321steve
13.1.12  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.11    2 months ago

True a hand grinder with diamond blades and a sledgehammer would probably do better. Easier to carry as well. Just take lots of wheels and batteries. Where there is a will there is usually a way. Man power will always need too be a factor. Wall, fence or open land.

Like I said if I traveled that far I'd do whatever I needed to get that last mile. I'd say many are the same. That's human nature.  

Split Personality
13.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @13.1.2    2 months ago

Not gas like a chain saw...

Battery operated with a quick connect for water supply.

And yes without water you will ruin blades quickly

but for what  the coyotes are charging these people I wouldn't be surprisedby what they come up with.

MUVA
13.1.14  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.13    2 months ago

He is cutting thin metal there are hose bibs in the desert? That is one material have ever seen what happens to the blade when you cut threw different materials at the same time it fucks the blade up that's why you would use a cut off saw , jack hammer, rotor hammer and maybe a even a torch all together .

Split Personality
13.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @13.1.14    2 months ago

That's not sheet metal - it's stone - some sort of paver.

Again, if these coyotes are charging people thousands per head,

who knows what they can come up with.  We have water trucks for the military and Fire departments don't we?

dave-2693993
13.1.16  dave-2693993  replied to  MUVA @13.1.4    2 months ago

Yaeh, it's a good tool and addicting. When you remove what was needed, you start looking around for something else to cut, just for the hell of it.

MUVA
13.1.17  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.15    2 months ago

So you are going to bring a water tanker into the desert.He is cutting the thin metal look at the cut offs that is the materiel lying around the saw. 

MUVA
13.1.18  MUVA  replied to  321steve @13.1.12    2 months ago

A small grinder would cut it but would burn blades up like they are going out of style. I actually still work daily with these tools they are not easy to lug around and work with anyone that says other wise needs to back to their desk job.

321steve
13.1.19  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.18    2 months ago
I actually still work daily with these tools they are not easy to lug around and work with

I'll take a hand grinder and a bunch of batteries and blades any day over lugging around and or operating like a jackhammer or over a gas powered concrete saw even. 

I ran a huge old probably antique bulldozer at work for a while, talk about a horrible tool to work...LOL   Damn thing almost destroyed my back, I finally said No more, fire me or move me. They knew and just moved me.  What some people will do to get what they want ... Cheap bastards. lol 

MUVA
13.1.20  MUVA  replied to  321steve @13.1.19    2 months ago

One of my fork lifts is a 1970 Komatsu fork lift my guys call it fork lift from hell it has a hand throttle.

321steve
13.1.21  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13.1.20    2 months ago

LOL.. The thing with that old equipment is is was built so well no matter what ya do ya cant destroy the damn things, they last forever and beat the operators ta death instead. It didn't take me long to realize that and I said NO more, I only get one body and I kinda need it to last me a lifetime. 

Split Personality
13.1.22  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @13.1.17    2 months ago

MUVA!

For goodness sake,  did you look at the Video??  The TITLE of the video?

They are at a Concrete Exposition  demonstrating a CONCRETE SAW

cutting slabs of CONCRETE

Why would anyone cut sheet metal with a wet saw?????????

Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

MUVA
13.1.23  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.22    2 months ago

You are right I watched with my glasses on I thought he was cutting box tubing.

Split Personality
13.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @13.1.23    2 months ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif  thanks !

Sparty On
13.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.22    2 months ago

So what we have established here is that people who would allegedly breach a wall like this are evidently well equipped.  

They have oxyacetylene torches with tanks big enough to cut through large steel casings, water cooled concrete chop saws robust enough to cut thick concrete, the expensive diamond blades required, the water tanker trucks required to feed the chop saw and the know how to work it all.   One question:

Why don't they stay in their own country and look for work?  With a skill set and inventory like that  they should easily be able to secure a good paying job.   Even in Guatemala or Honduras.

Split Personality
13.1.26  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @13.1.25    2 months ago

As I said else where, it's not the immigrants,

it's the coyotes that bring them to the border and beyond.

The coyotes are exploiting the immigrants and have been for decades.

321steve
13.2  321steve  replied to  MUVA @13    2 months ago

The cut on the far right looks pretty clean. It says in the seed that Tools were tried. I'm assuming that was more than one saw.  

pat wilson
14  pat wilson    2 months ago

Looks like a good Sawzall would do the job. I imagine the local ferreterias have them.

MUVA
14.1  MUVA  replied to  pat wilson @14    2 months ago

What kind of sawzall blade do you have a really good one.I hope you are doing well tonight.

pat wilson
14.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  MUVA @14.1    2 months ago

I don't have a Sawzall. I've just heard that they go through almost everything. Maybe not concrete. Maybe Covfeffe should go back to fighting for a big beautiful concrete wall.

I'm doing well, thank you Muva, hope you are as well.

MUVA
14.1.2  MUVA  replied to  pat wilson @14.1.1    2 months ago

You may be right I have a sawzall you can barrow  anytime you want to cut something corded or uncorded.

Nowhere Man
14.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  MUVA @14.1    2 months ago
What kind of sawzall blade do you have

Milwaukie says that they have a diamond blade that handles concrete block..... I know Hilti makes a 50 grit diamond blade for Cast Iron, concrete and masonry...... Users report it goes thru cast iron & masonry like a hot knife thru butter.

Don't know how it would work for concrete filled steel though....

MUVA
14.1.4  MUVA  replied to  Nowhere Man @14.1.3    2 months ago

When you cut two different materials at the same time it can be a problem. I have been working with metal for 30 years I haven't found any material that can be cut like butter except butter. 

Sparty On
14.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @14.1.3    2 months ago
Don't know how it would work for concrete filled steel though....

It wouldn't.   Metal blades don't work well on concrete and vice versa.   A Sawzall is basically just a mechanical Hacksaw.   The right blade for the right job.   That said, the metal in the picture was clearly cut with a torch and not a Sawzall.

This article is simply a left wing hack piece.   Yeah, you could break through a concrete wall with a pneumatic jackhammer as well.   So what?   Your average illegal immigrant isn't going to have one of those either.

What a joke.

MUVA
14.1.6  MUVA  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.5    2 months ago

My thought looks like a torch cut I will make some myself today we are repairing a stand we hold small boats with for painting.I think it is funny people think these tools are easy to use I take that back I work on shit all the time other people or the owner has messed up.

Sparty On
14.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  MUVA @14.1.6    2 months ago

Using tools like this is part and parcel of my Trade as well.   I love it when reporters, politicians, housewives and Poli Sci majors attempt to explain how they work.   It's hilarious.

And yeah, this article is clearly a left wing hack piece but ...... the drones are still eating it up with a spoon.

Thats the whole point of trash like this right?

MUVA
14.1.8  MUVA  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.7    2 months ago

I have seen Mexicans trying to start a big concrete saw only one out of the five had the ass to do it.I would like to see some people acting like picking up holding a 50 lb saw is easy a actually try it.

Dulay
14.1.9  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @14.1.8    2 months ago

Gee the example shown in this seed is battery powered. How much ass does it take to push a button?

I would like to see some people acting like picking up holding a 50 lb saw is easy a actually try it.

I thought you were an expert. The Dewalt Flexvolt 60v cordless concrete saw comes in @ under 11#s. 

MUVA
14.1.10  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @14.1.9    2 months ago

How long do you think those batteries last? I was talking about a gas model you would a lot of batteries cuting two different materials at once.

Dulay
14.1.11  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @14.1.10    2 months ago
How long do you think those batteries last?

Never had a flex volt so I don't know. I know my 20V lasts longer cutting 1/4" vs 1/2". 

How hard do you think it would be to have more batteries? 

Seriously, most people would fit through the gap created by cutting just 2' out of one bollard. 

An angle grinder can be used to cut that pretty quick at under 20#, blades and batteries notwithstanding...throw in a 4# sledge to smack out the middle if needs be. 25#s. 

I was talking about a gas model

I know, it was a deflection. 

BTW, the Mexican guys you worked with must have been munchkins because the guys I have worked with used hand held circular wet saws to cut pavers and they had plenty of 'ass' to start them dozens of times a day. I much preferred the chop saw but it doesn't work well with large stone. 

you would a lot of batteries cuting two different materials at once.

If you say so...

MUVA
14.1.12  MUVA  replied to  Dulay @14.1.11    2 months ago

I can tell you aren't familiar with the way tools work it's common nowadays no worries have a great night.

Nowhere Man
14.1.13  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.5    2 months ago
A Sawzall is basically just a mechanical Hacksaw.

I know, I own a DW311

charger 383
15  charger 383    2 months ago

with some of the tools discussed here you could break into a bank of out of jail