╌>

Pelosi wants Trump to cancel SOTU address due to shutdown or deliver it in writing. Nice try, Nancy.

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  donald-trump-fan1  •  5 years ago  •  120 comments

Pelosi wants Trump to cancel SOTU address due to shutdown or deliver it in writing. Nice try, Nancy.
The letter came out about an hour after a senior White House official questioned the speaker’s effort regarding the shutdown, according to Roll Call. “When was the last time you saw Pelosi on television?” the senior official said. “The president of the United States is on almost every day. He head three meetings with the [press] pool two days ago. … I would argue: Where is she? Why isn’t she addressing the American people on the shutdown?” Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., the minority whip,...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., continues to play political games instead of sitting down with President Donald Trump and forging a path forward to open the  federal government AND  provide for critically needed border security.

Her latest ploy is to call on Trump to delay his Jan. 29 State of the Union address if the government is still shut down, or deliver it in writing.  

In effect, the San Francisco liberal lawmaker does not want President Trump going before the American people and further highlighting the need for a border wall.

On the 26th day of the shutdown, the longest in modern history, Pelosi sent a letter to the president to say that “since the start of modern budgeting” in fiscal 1977, there has never been a SOTU address delivered when the government is not fully open.

Noting that the Secret Service and Homeland Security are not fully funded, she also cited security concerns in the letter shared online.

“Today, I wrote to @realDonaldTrump recommending that we delay the State of the Union until after government re-opens, as the @SecretService , the lead federal agency for #SOTU security, faces its 26th day without funding,” Pelosi tweeted.  

The letter came out about an hour after a senior White House official questioned the speaker’s effort regarding the shutdown, according to Roll Call .

“When was the last time you saw Pelosi on television?” the senior official said. “The president of the United States is on almost every day. He head three meetings with the [press] pool two days ago. … I would argue: Where is she? Why isn’t she addressing the American people on the shutdown?”

Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., the minority whip, responded to Pelosi’s call for a delay to ask: “What are Democrats afraid of Americans hearing?”

Employing the hashtag #ShutdownNancy, Scalise listed a few of the crime statistics related to illegal immigration and our porous southern border.   Scalise followed that up with a second tweet, saying: “This decision makes clear what we already know: Democrats are only interested in obstructing @realDonaldTrump, not governing.”  

The tweet of the day came from Daily Caller editorial director Vince Coglianese, in response to Pelosi’s actions.

At a time when the president must take full advantage of his bully pulpit, Coglianese tweeted: “Trump should give the State of the Union from the border.”  

Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk had another excellent idea.

He tweeted: “President Trump should tell Pelosi she can watch the state of the Union: on TV while he delivers it from the White House in front of an audience of veterans and angel moms Constitution says the President will deliver the state of the union – it doesn’t say where.”   May we assume Pelosi, who has called a border wall “immoral,” was busy on Tuesday writing her letter and this explains why she reportedly refused to meet with families victimized by illegal aliens?   “Angel Families,” who’ve been impacted by crimes committed by illegal immigrants, stormed Pelosi’s office on Tuesday and broke out in a “build the wall” chant.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

....... 6. Her plot to postpone the State of the Union by blocking Trump from the House floor was ridiculed

Department of Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen thanked the Secret Service and her own agency, DHS, for their commitment to secure the State of the Union address to be delivered by President Donald Trump.

“The Department of Homeland Security and the US Secret Service are fully prepared to support and secure the State of the Union,” stated Nielsen.

Democrat House speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing to postpone Trump’s State of the Union, citing supposed security deficiencies caused by the government shutdown.

But the Secret Service, as always, is prepared to serve with honor.

Democrats are running out of tactics to apply pressure on President Donald Trump to end the government shutdown without a Wall.

7. Chuck Schumer Did Not Have An Inspiring Press Conference Outside the Capitol

Democrat Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and other Democrats held up posters of furloughed government workers outside the Capitol Wednesday.

Republicans including Rep. Mo Brooks and Louie Gohmert have already shown photos of the victims of illegal alien crime on the House floor, including a 13-year old girl who was beheaded by an illegal alien.

Schumer’s statement ignores those victims of illegal alien crime. Now that President Trump has signed the back pay bill, the blame for the shutdown shifts to Democrats, who keep workers from getting their paychecks through their refusal to fund the southern border Wall. Schumer held up a poster of a man with a heart ailment, but did not address the Angel families who arrived at Nancy Pelosi’s office this week while Pelosi ignored them.

“Open the government,” some of the Democrats briefly chanted......https://bigleaguepolitics.com/8-reasons-why-nancy-pelosi-had-a-very-bad-day/

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
.....but did not address the Angel families who arrived at Nancy Pelosi’s office this week while Pelosi ignored them.

Yeah I heard that one on the radio today, not only did they appear and Pelosi refused to speak to them, the point was made that she did it from BEHIND A WALL!

That is how effective a wall is when you do not want to allow someone into your presence! Nancy knows enough to use one when she doesn't want to address her constituents who want one also!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

President Trump would like to pretend that it's "business as usual". Unfortunately for him... and everyone else... it is NOT "business as usual". The United States government is shut down, due to a TrumpTemperTantrum TM.

Americans are suffering because Trump is behaving like a spoiled child.

It would be wrong to have a "business as usual" SOTU in these conditions.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago

About 30% of the US Government is temporarily unfunded.

that being said

It boggles the imagination, or perhaps highlight's Trumps madness, that the brunt of this "unfunding"  falls squarely on the very people entrusted and tasked with keeping all of our borders sovereign.

North, South, by land; East & West by sea and from every direction by air, who are paying the ultimate "inconvenience".

As long as Trump is complicit in this fiasco, the SOTU should remain in a drawer somewhere, regardless of who writes it.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @2.1    5 years ago
....the brunt of this "unfunding"  falls squarely on the very people entrusted and tasked with keeping all of our borders sovereign.

The TSA? the faster they go home permanently out of work is not fast enough for me....  (they can take all the extraneous DHS personnel with them along with the FISA courts and any other liberal ideologically driven federal employees loyal to a political party over their country)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1.1    5 years ago

A variation on the curse of the dodo bird....

[Deleted]

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.2    5 years ago

Where did you get abandon airport security from what I said?

I said do away with the TSA and all the associated gestapo organizations created by the patriot act..... And any politically driven government employees that do their jobs supporting a political party over their country....

You know why there won't be another flight 93?

The next time, the jets on intercept will be in the air fully armed with orders to shoot down if not complying with orders to land.... It's also why we haven't seen very many airliner hijackings since the WTC attack. Pretty much they turned the airliner hijacking into an assault tactical weapon itself....

The passengers are collateral damage, hence the warnings about air travel risks are much more pronounced. Most nations around the world have read the handwriting on the wall about hijackings and the only sane response to them. Hence almost no hijackings since.... (and the few that have happened were with airlines from countries that don't have the capability to respond massively)

Yes it is a much tougher world out there, and all they did with the WTC attack is raise the stakes....

May the next flight 93 land on my house?

If that happens I will die in the knowledge that I died as a result of the nation defending itself from an enemy......

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @2.1    5 years ago

Trump has offered a variety of compromise and comprehensive proposals.  It’s the democrats who are the inflexible ones here.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1.1    5 years ago
The TSA? the faster they go home permanently out of work is not fast enough for me.... 

Would you return to air travel without screening? I remember the days when airliners were routinely pirated... and I don't want to go back.

So... if you want to eliminate TSA, what would you replace it with... and why do you presume that it would do a better job?

(I'm not a fan of TSA. Nobody is. Some of their procedures are pretty... strange... But don't throw out the baby with the bath water!)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.4    5 years ago
'Trump has offered a variety of compromise and comprehensive proposals.'

What would those be?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.5    5 years ago

"Routinely pirated"???  C'mon Bob - we're not talking France.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.8  katrix  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1.3    5 years ago
And any politically driven government employees that do their jobs supporting a political party over their country....

So that would mean pretty much everyone Trump has hired.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.9  Nowhere Man  replied to  katrix @2.1.8    5 years ago

I don't think so, but each and every Clinton appointee/hire and quite a few of Obama's.....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago

removed for context

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.11    5 years ago

removed for context

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago

Very Relevant to the comment I was commenting about.....but....such is someone else's life. (Laughy Face)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.13    5 years ago

For the record, I as the seeder did NOT flag any post here as off topic. No one else was supposed to do so. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.14    5 years ago

Seems it was a ….. "Split" decision. (Snicker face)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.15    5 years ago

Indeed as so many are on our seeds...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.13    5 years ago

I have no doubt that you are right and agree with you.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    5 years ago

Go back and listen to his speech yesterday after he participated in the swearing in of 5 new legal immigrant citizens yesterday and you will know.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.5    5 years ago

I’m looking forward to the permanent furlough of most all furloughed non essential government employees on day 31 of the shutdown.  Will Chuckie doll and wicked Nancy let it get to that point?  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago
The United States government is shut down, due to a TrumpTemperTantrum TM. Americans are suffering because Trump is behaving like a spoiled child.

Keep saying that Bob, and reveal to us all how out of touch the democrats are in reality. This little move only shows that the only thing the democrats are interested in is denying T-rump anything and everything they can.

Purely hateful and childish.......

Plain as the hand in front of your face.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2    5 years ago

Last time I checked, Bob lived in France and I know for a fact that he only speaks for himself and never speaks for all democrats.

Yes I watched many older relatives, including my sainted father, age ungracefully, completing the  emotional  bell curve I learned about 30 plus years ago.

Perhaps if we don't want predictable childish behavior from our septuagenarian and octogenarian politicians

we should stop fucking electing the old farts!!!!

Common sense as plain as the hand in front of your face, no?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.1    5 years ago
Perhaps if we don't want predictable childish behavior from our septuagenarian and octogenarian politicians

we should stop fucking electing the old farts!!!!

Common sense as plain as the hand in front of your face, no?

This I can agree with completely....... on the other hand, the young (OCA comes to mind) are sometimes equally handicapped....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.2    5 years ago

One out of 435 is usually referred to as an anomaly.

Very close to the opposite side of that bell curve, no?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.3    5 years ago

Actually it is about a half a dozen....

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.1    5 years ago
Last time I checked, Bob lived in France and I know for a fact that he only speaks for himself and never speaks for all democrats .

You're a bit out of date. I now spend more time in the US than in France, although we still have our home in Calais.

OTOH, you are absolutely right that I never speak for all democrats. I am in favor of democracy, but so are billions of other people, and it would be incredibly pretentious to try to speak for all of them!   jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago

Here, fixed it for you:

Nancy Pelosi would like to pretend that it's "business as usual". Unfortunately for her... and everyone else... it is NOT "business as usual". The United States government is shut down, due to a PelosiPoliExtortionScam TM.

Americans are suffering because Pelosi is behaving like a spoiled child.

More now than ever it should be expected to have a SOTU, especially in these conditions.

You're welcome.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    5 years ago

Well said.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    5 years ago
tRump owns the shutdown and even claimed to be proud of it.  
You say Ms. Pelosi is behaving like a spoiled child?
jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.2    5 years ago

Nancy Pelosi is a spoiled child.  After all, she is a San Francisco Democrat.  

CM
Freshman Silent
2.4  CM  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago

All I can say is Nancy Pelosi for President..Trump is no match for Pelosi...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  CM @2.4    5 years ago
All I can say is Nancy Pelosi for President

LMAO! You made my day with that little gem!

Whoo Boy! LOL!!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.4.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  CM @2.4    5 years ago
Nancy Pelosi for President

It's too late, considering her age... but yeah! Definitely YEAH!!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    5 years ago

Wow, 1.3%

What happens if you delete all of the people over 70?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @3    5 years ago
What happens if you delete all of the people over 70?

Would be a roll of the dice, but you would get rid of most of the ossified old political hacks....

That, would be a good thing as long as the replacements were elected fair and square...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    5 years ago

Pelosi wants Trump to cancel SOTU address

Well if nothing else, it would give the fact checkers an evening off.

At present the State of the Union is in turmoil and at the center of it we find one Mr. Trump, State of the Union delivered.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago

No one pays any attention to the fraudulent so called fact checkers and their biased liberal agenda.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    5 years ago

Ms. Pelosi also said tRump could have it in the Oval Office?

Why doesn't the shitstain in chief just have it in the Oval Office?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

Or maybe the senate chambers instead....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    5 years ago

I think it is cute that Nancy thinks she can tell the President something about the SOTU.

He should hold it in the Oval Office as a big F. U. to Democrats.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    5 years ago

Ms. Pelosi knows everything that is needed to be known about the State of the Union.

tRump don't know dick about diddly. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @7    5 years ago
Ms. Pelosi knows everything that is needed to be known about the State of the Union.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif  You really have to stop making those kind of comments. All the laughter is making my sides hurt and a I am running out of underwear.jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    5 years ago

And WTF does little old Nancy do if the President just decides to hold the SOTU somewhere else?

Cry some more?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    5 years ago

'All the laughter is making my sides hurt and a I am running out of underwear.'

Sounds like a personal problem there.  You must have a lot of shit stains in your underwear.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago
You must have a lot of shit stains in your underwear.  

Well the comments made by you are so hilarious it is hard d not to  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.3    5 years ago

Breakfast AND a comedy show!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.3    5 years ago

So you admit to crapping your pants?  Gross.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.5    5 years ago

Yeah but it's your fault. I laugh so hard at your comments I lose all control of my bodily functions. If you could be a bit less hysterical and hilarious it would be appreciated..

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.6    5 years ago
If you could be a bit less hysterical and hilarious it would be appreciated..

Not an effing chance!

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.1.8  Veronica  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.7    5 years ago
Not an effing chance!

Three

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Veronica @7.1.8    5 years ago

How is Nancy’s congressional junket flight to Belgium 🇧🇪 going?  

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.1.10  Veronica  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.9    5 years ago

I don't know, why don't you tell me?  You have NO clue what my post was about, but decided to reply... haha

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    5 years ago

How is it an FU to democrats if the shitstain in chief holds the SOTU address in the Oval Office when Ms. Pelosi made that suggestion?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    5 years ago

Funny how some assume facts not in evidence. Pelosi didn't say anything about holding it in the WH.

Reading the article completely is a good place to start.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10  It Is ME    5 years ago

Pelosi wants Trump to cancel SOTU address due to the FACT they can't figure out a truly viable "Response" afterword's !

Maybe she read the memo, and actually UNDERSTOOD for a change, that she and Chucky looked like total morons the last time they "Responded" on National TV, and she and Chucky need a few more weeks of "Practice" !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago

The only one who looked like a moron there was the shitstain in chief.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @10.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @10.1    5 years ago

The expletive deleted stains upon America is the “resistance” to the President.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.2    5 years ago

Nope, the shitstain is the current occupant of the now white trash house 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  It Is ME @10.1.1    5 years ago

FOR ALL THE CHILDREN IN THIS WORLD !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    5 years ago

I saw on the news last night Nancy Pelosi saying clearly to the cameras as she was walking out 'he can hold it in the oval office if he wants'

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @11    5 years ago
I saw on the news last night Nancy Pelosi saying clearly to the cameras as she was walking out 'he can hold it in the oval office if he wants'

Well maybe the bitch should learn she has no authority to tell the commander in chief WTF to do.

On the other hand it appears he can tell that skank what to do....

original

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1    5 years ago

Bahahaha what a in your face burn on that dumbass Pelosi.

Guess she knows who is CiC now.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
11.1.2  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1    5 years ago

Actually, she does have the authority - the House is equal to the President.  He is not an emperor.  And she has to invite him to give the State of the Union address in her chamber.  He can always hold it at the White House if he wants, as she pointed out. 

"State of the Union addresses are traditionally made to a joint session of Congress in the House chamber at the invitation of the House speaker. The House and Senate must pass a resolution to formalize the invitation — which has not happened this year."

Your referring to a woman as a skank just because you dislike her is disgusting, but not surprising.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  katrix @11.1.2    5 years ago

Kat - the President makes that decision, not the leader of either the House nor the Senate - stated very explicitly in the Constitution.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; "

Nowhere in Article I, duties and responsibilities of the House and Senate, does it even MENTION them having anything to do with INVITING the President to speak.

Nancy is still looking at the Bay Bridge on that one.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  katrix @11.1.2    5 years ago
Well maybe the bitch should learn she has no authority to tell the commander in chief WTF to do.

Not surprising you missed the point.

The Skank Bitch can not tell the CiC what to do.

Maybe in the land of Unicorns and Faeries the speaker has authority over the SCOTUS but I think you need to look up what SCOTUS actually means dear. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.6  KDMichigan  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.4    5 years ago

Ugh I meant CiC...not scotus

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.7  KDMichigan  replied to    5 years ago
Three separate but equal branches of government, lest some forget.

The speaker has no authority over the CiC.

Lets see if Nancy can ground President Trumps flights....

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
11.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.7    5 years ago
The speaker has no authority over the CiC.

No, the Speaker basically owns the House.  The President is not permitted to enter that body unless invited.  He had an invitation to do so this year but due to his own brutish and infantile behavior that invitation has been withdrawn as it should be for any three year old behavior like his.  If he learns to behave, he may be permitted to come at a later time.  

BTW, Scumbag tried to come back today with a limp-dick move by cancelling an upcoming trip to Europe and Afghanistan which would have included members of Congress, particluarly Pelosi.  It was made to seem as if Scumbag had some kind of authority to prevent Pelosi from going but she and any other MoC are free to travel anywhere in the world for any purpose.  IOW he has no authority of her.  

Junior Participates
11.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1    5 years ago

You don't really let yourself believe that Pelosi can make this or any other trip without Scumbag's permission, do you?  If so, you really do need to burst that bubble. 

Junior Participates
11.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @11.1.3    5 years ago
"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; "

Nothing in there about having to give it, much less be entitled to,  in the House or any other location.  For many more years than that became the usual method of delivering the address it was written and sent to Congress. He could do that now.  He could deliver it from the WH.  The privilege to come to the House to do so is just that--a privilege that may or may not be given by Congress.  People who keep pretending they know what's in the Constitution need to stop adding to it what they think it says.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
11.1.11  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.10    5 years ago
For many more years than that became the usual method of delivering the address it was written and sent to Congress.

And prior to that is was delivered before the joint congress, by GW himself and Adams while he was president....

TJ decided to end the practice, and WW decided to restart it. Since then, except for HH, EVERY president has given his SOTU address in front of a joint session.

It's up to the President on where he will do it, NOT the SOTH. The invitation is a traditional formality which has already been issued. If he wants it in the house chambers he will have it there....

And there really isn't nothing Pelosi can do about it....... (except not show up, which would be a good thing, another win by T-rump)

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
11.1.12  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.8    5 years ago
The President is not permitted to enter that body unless invited.

WRONG!!!!!

Check the House rules...

RULE IV
THE HALL OF THE HOUSE
Use and admittance
1. The Hall of the House shall be used only for the legislative business of the House and for caucus and conference meetings of its Members, except when the House agrees to take part in any ceremonies to be observed therein.
2. (a) Only the following persons shall be admitted to the Hall of the House or rooms leading thereto:
(1) Members of Congress, Memberselect, and contestants in election cases during the pendency of their cases on the floor.
(2) The Delegates and the Resident Commissioner.
(3) The President and Vice President of the United States and their private secretaries.
(4) Justices of the Supreme Court.

Under current House Rules the House Sergeant At Arms must admit the president if he desires entrance....

Current House Rules (2015)  (pdf file)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
11.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.7    5 years ago
Lets see if Nancy can ground President Trumps flights....

I'm just gonna wait to see what new investigations she wants to begin. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.8    5 years ago

Pelousy can travel anywhere she wants that commercial airliners will take her.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.14    5 years ago

Dig this!  

“.....So, President Trump should embrace SOTU as the ideal opportunity to make his case dramatically on the shutdown.

Standing before leaders in all three branches of the federal government, Trump will have at least an hour to explain the need for a wall to advance broader border security, the rule of law, national security, prevent crime, and control deadly drugs. Trump repeatedly can point to his guests in the House gallery who will embody his points.

• On the rule of law, Trump should identify a legal immigrant who patiently has awaited citizenship, such as my Russian friend who has spent 20 years and some $80,000 in legal fees to become an American. Trump should say: “It’s unfair for illegal aliens to cut the line ahead of these legal immigrants.”

• On national security, Trump should introduce the Border Patrol agent who arrested Mukhtar Ahmad and Muhammad Azeem just north of Tijuana in September 2015. Both of these Pakistani illegal immigrants were on terrorist watch lists.

• On fighting crime, Trump should welcome Reggie Singh, the bereaved brother of Newman, California, Police Corporal Ronil Singh. An illegal alien with a rap sheet fatally shot Singhon Christmas night.

• On narcotics interdiction, Trump should present Eric Bolling. His son, Eric Chase Bolling, fatally overdosed on a Xanax pill laced with fentanyl. Through July 31, officials seized 1,357 pounds of this severely toxic opioid on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president then should detail how he has stayed in Washington nearly non-stop, eager to compromise with Democrats. He should discuss his specific offers and concessions. Meanwhile, Pelosi jetted off to Kona, Hawaii. This week, congressional Democrats partied in Puerto Rico. Top Democrats have skipped negotiations, although the Problem Solvers Caucus, mainly backbenchers, spoke with Trump Wednesday. He should praise them, by name, thus isolating Pelosi from these members.

Trump should observe that, yes, walls do work, as confirmed by a 98.1 percent drop in apprehensions at Yuma, Arizona, since a 2005 wall installation there. Trump should quote House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Maryland). On Fox News Wednesday, Hoyer said about walls: “Obviously, they work some places.” This comment will erect a wall between Nancy and her chief deputy.

Congressional Republicans will cheer Trump’s words and steel his national base. He will look powerful and presidential as GOP applause reinforces his message.

If Democrats also shout praise, they will bolster the president. This would show that, in fact, they share some positions.

But, more likely, if Democrats scowl, pout, boo, or hiss, they will show Americans that they really want zero borders. They really don’t care about the rule of law. They’re not concerned about national security. They have no interest in illegal-alien criminals, even when they murder Americans. And they don’t give a damn about the tons of heroin, fentanyl, and other toxic drugs inundating the U.S.-Mexico border.

Whatever Democrats do, President Trump wins.”.......

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/898716?section=murdock&keywords=trump-state-of-the-union-border-immigration&year=2019&month=01&date=17&id=898716&oref=www.newsmax.com

Read Newsmax: President Trump Should Deliver State of the Union — as Planned

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12  Texan1211    5 years ago

Like Nancy Pelosi has a say in it! LOL!!!!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.1  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @12    5 years ago

Actually, she does.  You might want to brush up on your civics.  As she pointed out to him, since he knows nothing about our government, he's free to hold it at the White House. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  katrix @12.1    5 years ago

It's his choice to where he wants to do it.....

Specifically spelled out in the constitution. she has no more authority to tell him where and how than you or I do.

Junior Participates
12.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Nowhere Man @12.1.1    5 years ago
It's his choice to where he wants to do it.....

That is so wrong.  No president has the right to just walk into Congress and do whatever he wants.  He can only be there by invitation of one or the other body.  I suppose if McConnell wanted to offer him the Senate chamber for the speech, he could do that.  

Junior Participates
12.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Nowhere Man @12.1.1    5 years ago
It's his choice to where he wants to do it..... Specifically spelled out in the constitution. she has no more authority to tell him where and how than you or I do.

It is not at all spelled out in the Constitution or anywhere else  how or where it is to be given or delivered.  The President cannot demand that Congress allow him to enter without an invitation and more than he could abolish Congress.  You people really need to actually read the Constitution instead of making up shit that's nowhere in it.  And you also need to disabuse yourselves of the notion that the president has royal powers (of course, you only have that bizarre notion when it's someone you voted for but that's another very perverted thing).  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12.1.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1.3    5 years ago
You people really need to actually read the Constitution instead of making up shit that's nowhere in it.

You probably should take yourself up on that offer.....

And you also need to disabuse yourselves of the notion that the president has royal powers (of course, you only have that bizarre notion when it's someone you voted for but that's another very perverted thing).

How about you go first!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12.1.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1.3    5 years ago
The President cannot demand that Congress allow him to enter without an invitation and more than he could abolish Congress.

He is not entitled to abolish congress no I agree with you there.

But as far as entering Congress, the Hall where the House meets? he absolutely has every right, it says so in the House Rules.....

Sorry.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @12.1.5    5 years ago

Maybe when he shows up to speak Pelosi will tell the Sargent at Arms of the House of Reprentatives to remove the President from the House floor on national tv?  

Junior Participates
12.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @12    5 years ago

She sure as f**k does.  Who's going to reverse her decision?  No one, that's who.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.2    5 years ago

Uh, NO, little Nancy doesn't control the SOTU.

Read the Constitution.

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 3

Article 2 - The Executive Branch
Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress
<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Junior Participates
12.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.1    5 years ago

And, again, there's nothing in there that gives Scumbag (or any president) the right to come to Congress to give a speech.  He has to have an invitation in order to enter Congress.  I do always get a laugh about how rightwingers invent things that are not in the Constitution.  It's almost funnier than how they ignore what's really in it.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12.2.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.2.2    5 years ago
And, again, there's nothing in there that gives Scumbag (or any president) the right to come to Congress to give a speech.

And again, how do you ignore the House's published rules? The rules that clearly state that the president has the right to enter the House's chambers at will? No invitation needed.

Granted the specific right to access to Congress or more specifically the House's chamber isn't stated in the constitution, but what is stated is said SOTU is done in the express method and manner the president chooses. And historically that position is laid out in the manner each and every president that came before did it.

Now since the constitution does give the House the ability to set it's own rules, and the rules are set giving him unfettered access. the basis of him going there to give it is his choice and the house themselves have granted access....

Unless they want to change the rules....

Now that would be a discussion to have wouldn't it...

It's almost funnier than how they ignore what's really in it.

What's really funny, is you ignoring the clearly stated and factually proven right the president has to enter the house chamber at will. I guess that absolute fact doesn't do anything in support of your arguments does it, so, I guess it has to be ignored doesn't it....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.2.2    5 years ago

Gee, I am real sorry you don't understand the House rules that "allegedly" you must have read before making such an uninformed statement.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.4    5 years ago

He should go and give the speech and dare her to try to exclude him from speaking there on national tv for the whole country to see.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2.5    5 years ago
He should go and give the speech and dare her to try to exclude him from speaking there on national tv for the whole country to see.

I'm hoping the Senate invites him to give it there.

Otherwise, just have it at the WH and invite a few Republicans to hear it. Deliver a copy of the speech to Pelosi's office.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.6    5 years ago

I fear that the msm will try not to show it if democrats are not present. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Read 11.1.2.

Junior Participates
13.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @13    5 years ago
Read 11.1.2.

I did.  It's completely wrong on every point.  

Junior Participates
14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

You people do know what "co-equal" means, right?  

evilone
Professor Guide
14.1  evilone  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @14    5 years ago
You people do know what "co-equal" means, right?  

To the alt+right it means Dems are always wrong and Trump is Jesus.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  evilone @14.1    5 years ago

Too bad there’s no government aircraft available now for congressional junket trips.  

evilone
Professor Guide
14.1.2  evilone  replied to  XXJefferson51 @14.1.1    5 years ago
Too bad...

Too bad Trumps approval numbers are tanking with traditional conservatives.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @14.1.2    5 years ago

Not as bad Pelosi's ..... congress approval rating is down below 20% last i checked.  

Yeehaaaaww .... how low can the wicked witch of the west take it?  

The bottom is the limit there botox warrior .....

Junior Participates
14.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.3    5 years ago
Not as bad Pelosi's ..... congress approval rating is down below 20% last i checked. 

Scumbag is down 24% as of the WaPo/ABC poll released this morning on the shutdown.   And although it's too early to make much out of this Marist* poll of a couple of days ago but it might very well get even worse for Scumbag between now and Nov. 2020:

512 That's a whopping 27% deficit, ( in case you have trouble seeing it)

And although this poll doesn't specifically mention Pelosi it's also very ugly for Scumbag (ah, but I repeat myself):

Note that overall approval for Scumbag is only 37% while Dems come in at 42%.  But the real slammer for Scumbag is his 61% overall DISapproval compared to Dems 53%.

Really sucks to be a Scumbag supporter right now. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @14.1.4    5 years ago

Yawn .....  

Still not lower than your Cali shit for brains botox poster girl and her cronies in congress.

Will there be enough Preparation-H left over when her little scambit fails and her supporters butthurt grows even more exponentially.

I think not.   So sad .... so sorry .... too bad for left wing fundies and their ilk ...

evilone
Professor Guide
14.1.6  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.3    5 years ago
Not as bad Pelosi's .....

Why would you even think I care about Pelosi's numbers? I'm not from her district.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @14.1.6    5 years ago

First things first.   Why would you think i care if you cared or not?

Fact remains, her approval numbers, as a member of congress, suck worse than Trumps.  

Pretty bad eh?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.7    5 years ago

I can’t wait for the SOTU address by our President on 29 Jan. 2019 from the well of the House of Representatives.