╌>

Where in the world does Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez live?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  5 years ago  •  64 comments

Where in the world does Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez live?
“Just because their names are on the box doesn’t mean they live there,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

She may be America’s most famous freshman congresswoman, but in New York, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a virtual ghost.

She has no district office and no local phone number, unlike the state’s three other freshman members.

And it’s unclear whether the 29-year-old lawmaker, who represents the Bronx and Queens, actually still lives in the Parkchester neighborhood that has been so closely tied to her rise — even though she won her upset victory over fellow Democrat Rep. Joe Crowley with accusations that his home in Virginia made him too Washington-focused to serve his district.

Ocasio-Cortez has used her deceased father’s Bronx condo on her voter registration since 2012, and even posed in the one-bedroom Bronx flat for celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz in a Vogue magazine profile after her stunning November election. But The Post could find little indication she continues to live there.

The Post e-mailed the Ocasio-Cortez’ spokesman, Corbin Trent, four times with specific questions — they were all ignored. On Saturday, The Post reached Corbin by phone.

“We will not be commenting,” he said. Among the queries he refused to answer: Where does the congresswoman live?

On Saturday night, a staffer promised a Post reporter that Ocasio-Cortez would talk to him after a speaking event in Corona.

During the event, two staffers were seen reading an early edition of this story on their phones.

“Come downstairs, I have to take a picture quick,” the congresswoman then told the reporter after the event, instructing him to wait for her. Twenty minutes later, she ducked out a back door, jumped into a chauffeured SUV, and zoomed off.

Ocasio-Cortez was in New York City last weekend and this weekend, with appearances in Queens on both Saturdays — yet she was not seen coming or going from her Parkchester pad either day.

Her apartment’s next-door neighbor said she had never seen Ocasio-Cortez. Another neighbor, who has lived down the hall from the congresswoman’s apartment for the last 40 years, said he’d never seen her or her boyfriend, Riley Roberts, who has claimed the address as his own since last spring.

“I would have remembered,” said the neighbor when shown a photograph of Ocasio-Cortez.

A postal worker who delivers mail to the building said that in the last 10 years he has only seen Ocasio-Cortez intermittently, and that several months’ worth of mail regularly accumulates in the mailbox before anyone bothers to collect it. The worker said that Ocasio-Cortez and Roberts were the only ones getting mail at the address.

“Just because their names are on the box doesn’t mean they live there,” he said.

And in 2017, when Ocasio-Cortez first filed paperwork to become a congressional candidate, she didn’t even know what district she lived in, mistakenly declaring plans to run for neighboring District 15 before correcting the error days later.

Meanwhile, in Washington, Ocasio-Cortez has rented a pad in a luxe building in the chic Navy Yard neighborhood, where studios start at $1,840 a month,   according to the Washington Examiner .

Her new digs feature gold-plated amenities like a rooftop infinity pool, a cycling studio with a dozen pricey Pelotons, men’s and women’s saunas, and a golf simulation lounge — but no affordable units for low-income residents, in spite of a local law that requires them, the news site reported.

In the eight months since Ocasio-Cortez’s dramatic defeat of the long-serving Crowley in June’s Democratic primary — a victory that all but guaranteed a general election win in the heavily Democratic District 14 — the congresswoman has failed to open a local office.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
The space slated for Ocasio-Cortez’s constituent office is in a new building in Jackson Heights.

Suites in the building at 74-09 37th Avenue rent for about $40 per square foot. Ocasio-Cortez’s office, on the third floor, is just under 5,000 square feet, which would bring the annual undiscounted rental price to $200,000 or nearly $17,000 a month.

In January, Ocasio-Cortez sought to blame the delay on a stubborn landlord at a different building where her predecessor Crowley maintained one of his two district offices.

“Although we attempted to take over our predecessor’s lease, the landlord wanted to almost double rent” from $7,800 to $15,000 per month, she tweeted Jan. 22 — without specifying which of Crowley’s spaces she had hoped to inherit.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.1  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1    5 years ago

So she 'has no district office' but her 'constituent office' in the district is under construction. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.1    5 years ago
So she 'has no district office' but her 'constituent office' in the district is under construction. 

I know that 1+1=2 is difficult for some to understand, but I gave you more credit, Dulay.

• AOC is the only junior US Representative who does not have a fully functioning district office. 
  • Read comment 2 .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.1    5 years ago

Didn't the madman Christopher Hasson have her on a list of congressional representatives? 

Didn't he have her address at a luxury apartment in Washington DC?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago
Didn't he have her address at a luxury apartment in Washington DC?

The seeded article mentions her luxury apartment in DC. I haven't followed anything about whatever Christopher Hasson has/may have done.

AOC recently whined about people who criticized her fancy DC digs, though. I'm just glad that she finally found a DC apartment she could "afford", because around the time of her "inauguration" in January, she said that she didn't have money for a DC apartment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.3    5 years ago

"A number of outlets reported in the past week that the freshman lawmaker, whose congressional salary is $174,000, lives in a tony section of the capital in a building where rents range from $2,000 for a studio apartment to more than $5,000 for a three-bedroom."

It kind of backs up your seed

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @1.1    5 years ago

I know its hard for you to understand but if the office isn't even built yet it is kind of hard to claim occupancy. 

I'm sure she is way to busy with her celebrity status to waist time in a office anyhow.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.1    5 years ago
Read comment 2.

So you're saying that her constituents are incapable of dialing her DC #. Got ya. 

BTW, the USPS worker should be toast...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.1.6    5 years ago
So you're saying that her constituents are incapable of dialing her DC #. Got ya. 

I never said that, Dulay. However, AOC's constituents in NYC should be able to contact her in their/her district.

BTW, the USPS worker should be toast...

Why?

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Junior Participates
1.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.7    5 years ago

[Removed]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.9    5 years ago
Why don't you butt out of what her constituents "should be able to do" and leave it to them? You have no dog in this fight other than the fact that AOL scrares the pants off you.

AOC doesn't scare Republicans. We are merely amused at how much clout a freshman Congresswoman has over the Democratic Party based on her years of experience!

I know a lot of us can't wait until she is eligible to run for President!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.7    5 years ago
I never said that, Dulay.

You said to 'Read comment 2.' in which you quoted:

with no way to contact the rookie congresswoman

Each Rep. has a DC website, with a phone # and a email contact page. Yet your seed states that her constituents have 'no way to contact' her, and you perpetuate the BS. 

Why?

Because he violated AOC's and her boyfriends right to privacy, which is a violation of USPS regulations. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to    5 years ago
How in the world would  this moronic twit scare anyone. It's the Democrats who should be worried about the idiotic image she is projecting of their party.

AOC has made herself the D laughingstock since she burst onto the political scene last year. She's even berated Pelosi and Feinstein, and that's a big no-no!

Junior Participates
1.1.14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
How in the world would  this moronic twit scare anyone.

Like others have said, she's taken over your thoughts.  You're all obsessed with her.  She owns you. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
But Ocasio-Cortez neglected to mention that her rent would end up likely topping the cost of Crowley’s former digs.

When The Post visited last week, the congresswoman’s office was still under construction, with workers building interior walls and installing drywall. A carpenter there said the work would probably take several more weeks to complete. A staffer said at a community board meeting that it would open March 4.

It’s unknown if taxpayers or the landlord is paying for the extensive renovations.

A spokesman for Cow Bay Contracting, the Nassau County construction company working on the office space, refused comment. Ocasio-Cortez’s office refused to answer the question.

In the absence of a district office, and with no way to contact the rookie congresswoman, voters have resorted to desperate measures.

“Constituents come here and leave notes on the door,” said the postal worker at her Parkchester apartment building last weekend. “But it’s a waste of time.”

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    5 years ago

She has found the political trough; just a question who is funding her new lavish lifestyle?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Workers at Jerry’s Pizzeria, less than a block from her building, and at the local grocery store said she had never patronized their businesses — and a server at a nearby taqueria said the congresswoman had only come in to be filmed by news crews.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    5 years ago

Well, at least you won’t be trying to tell us she’s running a child sex trafficking operation at Jerry’s.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1    5 years ago
Well, at least you won’t be trying to tell us she’s running a child sex trafficking operation at Jerry’s.

Why would you accuse me of doing something like that?

Junior Participates
3.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Junior Participates
3.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    5 years ago

Apparently AOC doesn't need an apartment, she is living rent free in your head......

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @4    5 years ago
Apparently AOC doesn't need an apartment, she is living rent free in your head...

If that were true, do you think she would even be smart enough to figure it out on her own or would she require help?

She seemed to have a problem with apartments and rent.

Junior Participates
4.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago
If that were true, do you think she would even be smart enough to figure it out on her own or would she require help?

If that weren't true (i.e. she's in your head) you wouldn't have responded.  But you can't resist the dog whistle---every time. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.1    5 years ago
If that weren't true (i.e. she's in your head)

Yeah, I admit it.

I love to be entertained, and she seems to be nothing but a constant source of entertainment.

I am just wondering how much stupid can fall out of her open pie-hole!

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

One thing is for sure, thanks to all these daily hit pieces dedicated to her AOC is already known by her monogram. Not bad for a 29 year old freshman congresswoman from The Bronx. Where, by the way, Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez is widely available and easily accessible. She is everywhere. I first met her on the elevator of my building when she was running against Michael Crowley in the primary. For obvious reasons AOC cannot advertise her home location right now. Can you imagine the crowds that would result? What about hers and her family's personal safety and security? This issue is the epitome of a tempest in a tea pot. AOC's constituents understand that her living arrangements are temporarily in flux. She has been staying mostly at her boyfriend's apartment or her mom's lately when she is not in DC. With the damn gop unfairly scapegoating her for the Amazon debacle she is living in danger. Considering the far right's obsession with her and the gop's relentless efforts to demonize her AOC probably must sleep at different undisclosed locations, at least temporarily. In this environment she certainly cannot advertise her safe havens to all these angry nutters who are demanding to know. BTW, she is even more stunningly beautiful in person than on TV. Not that looks should matter too much butt it is safe to say AOC is a hella lot better looking than dumbass Louis Gohmert or the racist Steve King, the two most recognizable goppers in Congress... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.1.3    5 years ago

AOC is a laughing stock to most but I realize her psychophants must rush to her defense, just wonder how they manage to do so what with working 2 or 3 jobs, keeping unemployment so low.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4    5 years ago

I love what that millennial is doing to the stone and chisel crowd.

Dulay
Professor Guide
5  Dulay    5 years ago
“Come downstairs, I have to take a picture quick,” the congresswoman then told the reporter after the event, instructing him to wait for her. Twenty minutes later, she ducked out a back door, jumped into a chauffeured SUV, and zoomed off.

If she would have body slammed the reporter they would have cheered. 

Junior Participates
6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

The NY Post is just another Murdoch scandalmongering or outright BS POS rag.  And just to underscore what filth it is, it actually cites an even scummier piece of rightwing shit, the Washington Examiner. [Removed]  And, wow, does AOC rule their lives right now.  

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6    5 years ago

So where does she really live?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1    5 years ago

As of last night, she claimed that she has a different apartment than the one mentioned in this seed. I'm not sure why she changed addresses, because the apartment in the seed is owned and paid for by her mom.

Junior Participates
6.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1    5 years ago

Why do you need to know?  Unless you're a constituent it is absolutely none of your business.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.2    5 years ago

Seems like someone with multiple addresses could have easily figured out housing in the DC area.

Well, someone smart, anyways.

Junior Participates
6.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1    5 years ago

Like SP said above:  In your heads. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6    5 years ago
The NY Post is just another Murdoch scandalmongering or outright BS POS rag.  And just to underscore what filth it is, it actually cites an even scummier piece of rightwing shit, the Washington Examiner.

Shooting the messengers instead of discussing the topic is the Alinsky tactic, Atheist. Knock it off. Only warning.

Junior Participates
6.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2    5 years ago
Atheist. Knock it off.

Oh, you scare me, buddy.   Oooooooooooooo.   When the messengers you people choose are lie-mongering rightwing pukefunnels they make themselves the topic.  [deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.1    5 years ago

Are you just mad someone exposed something about the Democratic Golden Girl?

Junior Participates
6.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.2    5 years ago
Are you just mad someone exposed something about the Democratic Golden Girl?

We just know the lists  where those addresses end up.   She was on your guy, Paul Hassan's list.  No telling how many more stray dogs are out there looking to make a big bloody splash.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.3    5 years ago
We just know the lists where those addresses end up. She was on your guy, Paul Hassan's list. No telling how many more stray dogs are out there looking to make a big bloody splash.

Sorry, buddy, he isn't my guy, never was. What led you to such an erroneous conclusion?

Deleted

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

Sometimes 6 feet under is simply not deep enough!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.8  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.8    5 years ago

[Removed]

Junior Participates
6.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    5 years ago
Sorry, buddy, he isn't my guy, never was. What led you to such an erroneous conclusion?

Oh, puhhleeeeze.  'Tis to guffaw.  

Junior Participates
6.2.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.7    5 years ago
Sometimes 6 feet under is simply not deep enough!

Sure sounds like something your Paul Hassan would say. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.11    5 years ago

6.2.6 is meant for you.

Junior Participates
6.2.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.12    5 years ago
 6.2.6 is meant for you.

Another Hassan like comment from you.  Tell us again how he's not one of yours.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.13    5 years ago
Another Hassan like comment from you.

Don't be so silly. Please give us some Hassan quotes that are similar in nature.

Tell us again how he's not one of yours.

I don't have people. Do you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Why is the right so terrified of this young woman?

She seems to be their "booger man"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

AOC makes Trump look like a "Rhodes Scholar".

Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs ,” said Ocasio-Cortez in an interview on PBS’ “Firing Line with Margaret Hoover”

When asked in an interview with Jorge Ramos last week about how to pay for Sen. Bernie Sanders’, I-V.T., “Medicare for All” proposal, which Ocasio-Cortez has put at the center of her campaign, Ocasio-Cortez responded, “ You just pay for it.

When asked by Chris Hayes on MSNBC about what she plans to do once she gets to Congress in two months, Ocasio-Cortez struggled to develop a coherent response and failed to offer any specifics. Instead, Ocasio-Cortez delivered this message on air:
"Well, I think a lot of it has to do with changing our strategy around governance. You know there’s a lot of inside baseball and inside the beltway as you, you always hear that term thrown around. But there are very few organizers in Congress. And I do think that organizers operate differently. It’s a different kind of strategy. And what it is, is really about organizing and, and really thinking about that word: organizing. Segmenting people. Being strategic in their actions in really bringing together a cohesive strategy of putting pressure on the chamber instead of only focusing on the pressures inside the chamber."

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

You remember Trump....the one you ALWAYS call "Stupid" ! jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  It Is ME @7.1    5 years ago

Her response was actually more coherent than any of his. So there is that! 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.1    5 years ago
Her response was actually more coherent than any of his.

Did you know that playing the Beatles song "Strawberry Hills Forever" backwards.....you can hear Paul Die !

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.2    5 years ago

And that STILL makes more sense than Trump speaking!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.3    5 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

D.C. I guess, I don't know, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to her. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
Her apartment’s next-door neighbor said she had never seen Ocasio-Cortez. Another neighbor, who has lived down the hall from the congresswoman’s apartment for the last 40 years, said he’d never seen her or her boyfriend, Riley Roberts, who has claimed the address as his own since last spring.

Lol that is so stupid. I don't know and haven't seen virtually any of my neighbors with one exception (she was the realtor that sold us our house) over the last year. If you ask me who lives around me my answer would be "I don't fucking know." If you even asked me what their race was or what they looked like I would give the same answer. 

And to those who think this is anything "real", tell me who lives 6 houses down from you on the opposite side of the street. Then do it again on the opposite side.